Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do You Know What I Know? (Siobhan)

Aeda Shaytari

We all wear masks....
[member="Mirien Valdier"] [member="Siobhan Kerrigan"]

“A journal, Lady Valdier?” the Angelii asked, leaning down by the bed.

Then, hearing Siobhan stir, she turned to her. “She is here, my Lady,” she added, offering Siobhan a cup of water.

She pressed her commlink. “The patients are awake. Inform Lady Cadalthor.”

Back to them. “The Grand Seraph asked me to remain here and assist you in any way I could.”

Technically true, though she had asked, and Aeda had merely grunted acknowledgement.

"Yeah, yeah I'm here. Do me a favor, next time, listen." She grumbled, a bit irritated with that. She had meant business and hadn't been listened to. But after those words, she was done with that part of things, relaxing a little bit on the bed.

Mirien's eyes focused on the young Eldorai. "Yes, Alesia had a journal with a list of names and other important information. I'll get into more detail once Lady Cadalthor is here."

"Also, Siobhan don't try and get up. It's not a wise idea just yet."

[member="Aeda Shaytari"] | [member="Siobhan Kerrigan"]

[member="Mirien Valdier"], [member="Aeda Shaytari"]

"Hey, I was helping you! Couldn't leave you like that. You're too precious," Siobhan retorted. After all, she was stubborn and proud, much like Mirien. At least she let things go after that and tried to relax on the bed. She made a face when Mirien told her not to get up. "Alright."

At least the Angelii was pretty. "Can I get something to drink?"

At this point Tarissa stepped into the room. "You were very foolish to take a risk like that. You should know better," she said harshly to Siobhan. She'd get on with Mirien! Then her eyes flicked over to Mirien. "Alesia has a journal with relevant information? I'll tell Aeda to recover it. Where is it?" There was a certain degree of urgency because Alesia's minions might try to get rid of the compromising information.

Aeda Shaytari

We all wear masks....
[member="Mirien Valdier"] [member="Tarissa Cadalthor"]

“I will contact the Grand Seraph immediately!” the Angelii said enthusiastically like an eager puppy. Young for an Eldorai, certainly, yet still older than the two humans there combined.

A holoprojector call was made, and soon Aeda’s image stood before them. She was briefed and looked between the two humans.
“I will send my most trusted warriors to find the journal and study it. What is our next move?”

"Siobhan, I was fine. You however, could have died." Still annoyed clearly.

Mirien's eye moved to Tarissa, glad for her agreeing. "Yes , she does. It's in the basement of her estate. There are plenty of names and numbers in there that will help us put together her entire network."

Ans for what was next, her attention turned to Aeda. "Next? I believe Siobhan needs to go to the council. Then she needs rest. Sedated, if she refuses to do so." Mirien said with a deadly cold and serious glance to Siobhan. Miri meant business. "And We... Well we, should probably work on gathering up those we believe connected to Alesia's network and start comparing to the woman's notes once we have the journal in hand. We'll need to start arresting folk, possibly lock down the planet. I have no doubt the people involved have heard of what's happened by now and are on the move, hoping to escape their fate." At least, if she were in their shoes that's what she'd have chosen to do. It made sense that a few might be smart enough and have the proper resources to get off the planet.

[member="Aeda Shaytari"] | [member="Tarissa Cadalthor"]

"Lock down Santaissa, yes. It's got the only spaceport on the planet. And the Skyport. Convene the council. The entire peerage and high clergy. Many of the traitors are of noble blood, are they not? We can collect them in one place, present evidence and arrest them in an area where they'll be surrounded by Angelii and Truthseekers. Anyone who doesn't attend is suspect by definition. Ignoring a royal summons is treason," Tarissa spoke. No, she was not enjoying this at all. "I can..."

"I will head proceedings there," Siobhan said firmly.

"Siobhan..."

"Don't give me this 'I'm not an Eldorai' crap. Or 'you need rest'. I'm not a fething invalid. I am matriarch of House Kerrigan-Alcori. I'm Butcher of Roche, the most powerful Force-user on the planet and I've spent enough time as a bloody invalid. You give the speech explaining things in whatever fancy language and legalese you deem appropriate, I'll come in then."

Then she sat up in the bed and slowly, painfully arose, taking her first, tentative steps when her feet touched the cold, hard ground. "When you send the royal summons, say the threat has been eradicated. Blame it on a small clique of traitors. That'll lull them into a false sense of security." She looked wobbly on her legs, but she managed to stand without falling. "And for heaven's sake, get me something proper to wear."

Aeda Shaytari

We all wear masks....

The young, still unnamed, Angelii looked at Siobhan with a bit of awe for her commanding presence.

Aeda though, even though the mask hid her face, would almost certainly be impassive. She certainly sounded it.
“It will be done. I will inform the Queen of your intent. I will find the journal and send scans of it to you.”
The Grand Seraph vanished. She was not the sort to argue matters of precedence.

The young Angelii though come over to Siobhan. “What would you like to wear, my Lady?”

Mirien nodded, it seemed the wisest thing to do. The council meeting, she had little doubt would get nasty and fast. And then of course Siobhan spoke up and she could only glare.

"You've also nearly died .... Twice in the last 24 hours. You keep pushing it, and you will be dead, Siobhan. So, no you aren't an invalid. But you are pushing yourself too far. And if the council meeting gets bloody? You are no where near full strength to do something about it and risk losing everything. You have a daughter to think about, who needs you. Don't make a foolish mistake that leaves her mourning your death. The kid's lost enough already." Hopefully an appeal to mum Sio might make her rethink the plan a little bit.

Mirien sighed, and leaned forward resting her forehead in her hand for a moment. "Thank you, Aeda." Miri was tired, and far too stressed for anyone's good. "Don't be foolish, or act without thinking. Letting rage, and vengeance control you, will lead to no good end, for anyone. You and your family included."

Siobhan glowered at Mirien. The former Grand Inquisitor was using dirty tricks! However, if nothing else, the appeal to her motherly side had an effect and her features softened somewhat. Mirien did know Siobhan well. "Mirien is right, Siobhan. Your triumph will be a hollow one if you end up having a breakdown or get struck down by an assassin's bullet and die in a pool of blood, leaving your daughter alone again," Tarissa interjected. Well, she'd have Tegaea, but this thread was set during a time when the firemane had little to do with her adoptive daughter.

"I won't do anything silly. Once the council session's over I'll go to bed and sleep, ok? You can be there at the meeting to guard me, if you want, Mirien. We can assign Elayne to help out with guard and arrest duty." This was probably the closest thing Siobhan would make as a concession.

She tried to ignore and how heavily she was breathing and looked over towards the still unnamed Angelii. "I'd like a silver dress. Something elegant and regal." The colour had special significance in Ashiranism because it represented the steel the Goddess taught her children to forge. "Make it shell spidersilk. That resists blaster fire. What's your name, girl?"

Aeda Shaytari

We all wear masks....

The Angelii had looked uncomfortable at the arguing, but when asked she snapped to attention.
“Angelii Diyan Ankali at your service, my Lady. I will fetch you a dress.”
She quickly looked Siobhan over, sizing her up and measuring her mentally. With that she hurried out.

She returned with a most regal outfit, chosen because it was made of blaster resistant spidersilk and covered almost the entire body. It was also extremely fetching, and would hide any wounds the wearer might wear.

Diyan politely looked away to allow Siobhan to change in privacy.

"You? Won't do anything silly? Damn well better not." Mirien had her doubts. "I'm not sure that one more human at this little meeting will go over all that well." And of course there was another small problem, "Elayne last I checked was still otherwise occupied, at Tarissa's place. Might want to have her fetched if you want to use her for this particular task." Otherwise occupied, meaning bound, gagged and naked somewhere. "And I just don't want the meeting to take on the wrong tone. Yes, you need extra protection and guards if you are going to do this." Rather foolishly I might add. Though she left that part out for the moment.

"Only nobles and Angelii are allowed into the council chambers, as you know, Siobhan, I'll call my minions and have them fetch Saedaris," Tarissa interjected. "She can be of use. I can also assign some House Cadalthor guardswomen. Loyal ones. My mother's partisans were taken care of last night." Knowing Tarissa, their deaths had been very unpleasant. Her hand gently touched Mirien's shoulder. "It's fairly futile to argue with her at this point," she added knowingly in a low whisper, then produced a comm to made the call.

Intellectually Siobhan knew Mirien had a point, but the Countess was extremely prideful. She was Firemane! Hiding was beneath her. However, there was another reason for her behaviour: She'd almost died twice. She'd been completely helpless when the assassin's bullet struck her and had been unable to defend herself against the evil Priestess. It had shaken her deeply. It was a striking reminder of her own mortality. Moreover, she'd had to admit to herself that she was unable to protect her daughter, to a point where she had to send her far away.

So in her mind she needed to do this, if only to prove that she could. Irrational? Yes, but Siobhan was a very emotional woman. Fortunately Diyan returned with a rather regal dress. That cheered Siobhan up a bit.

"Thank you, Diyan," she said, giving the girl an appreciative look. If Siobhan had not been in such a grim mood she might've flirted with her. That would have to wait for the time being. However, getting out of her garments and slipping on the dress proved more difficult than expected. Siobhan grunted, but then reluctantly let Tarissa help her get dressed.

"'You know, Miri, if you ask me you act Eldorai enough that they ought to forget your ears aren't pointed. If you're worried about them quibbling, you can be cloaked. And suddenly snap necks if things go south. Anyhow, let's get to it. We've got preparations to make before the blue bloods convene." Maybe this would be the moment for a time skip.

Aeda Shaytari

We all wear masks....

The High Council chambers in Santaissa were in a baroque building where all the important clergy and nobles from across Kaeshana could gather.

lords_2270261b.jpg

At the one end stood a throne for the Queen with a smaller one for her consort. In front of it was an area where the speaker, be it Queen or other high noble would stand.

The hall was not full, as those not in Santaissa had not had time to arrive, but more and more highborn entered every minute. Some looked angry, some confused, others carefully neutral.

Other than the Angelii who always stood guard, only the nobles and clergy were permitted to attend. Though usually a ceremonial room most of the time, the Council was there for the Queen to receive ‘advice’ from her nobles. It was also used for the Queen or her representative to make announcements all the leaders of the Eldorai needed to hear.

Mirien sighed, she'd figured that was the way it would be. She wasn't a noble here. She was just the intelligence director for Firemane. A nobody, a commoner at best, a monkeigh at worst. Just one more place she didn't belong in. A thought she shrugged off quickly. She glanced to Tarissa, looking most unhappy. "Something happens, don't be surprised when I say 'I told you so.'" She certainly didn't like this, at all. But there wasn't much she could do about it at this point. Sio's mind was made up.

"Sure, I can act like an Eldorai but I'm still not a Noble. I carry no titles of any kind, and that's something I highly doubt they'll forget anytime soon." Such was the nature of her life. She knew this was one place she really didn't belong.

"I'm not sure, Siobhan. I mean, I can do that. But that's taxing after a while and there's no telling how long this will go on for. But I can try." Mirien sighed once more and ran a hand through her hair. Clearly she was a small bit uncomfortable with the idea. Finally though she'd made up her mind. "I suppose it's best to have one more loyal person present. And I'm sure some of my skills could be quite useful." After all she was good at uncovering secrets and lies.

And so Elayne had been retrieved and had cleaned up, proper attire on and ready to attend the meeting with the others. Though, in truth the redhead had a bad feeling about this. It seemed like trouble. And given all that had happened in the last twenty-four hours, it seemed only natural that it will spill over into the Council chambers. She sighed heavily and took her place inside the chamber.

Mirien sighed and waited beside Siobhan and Tarissa. The time for disappearing from sight would come soon and she'd hide herself from view, and cling to the shadows. She was anxious but managed to bury such feelings deep within to hide them from Siobhan.

In Tarissa's unbiased assessment, Siobhan looked like crap. But if the human wanted to get herself killed, that was her problem. She was most valuable, but hardly irreplaceable. This session was about far more than just bringing the conspirators to justice.

With her head held high and wearing a most regal gown, Tarissa walked to the speaker's podium after being called upon and took her place. Her eyes fell upon the assembled nobles, studying their features, trying to tell their ticks. Most of them were old hands who'd played the game for decades, if not centuries. Some looked angry, others confused and many had an inscrutable expression of noncommittal neutrality.

The last category was the most important. "High Ladies of Kaeshana, esteemed defenders of the faith, I beg your indulgence for a few moments. Long have we been guardians of our race's most hallowed traditions and aided Her Majesty in steering the great ship of state through the troubled waters of this galaxy. It is a cause of sorrow to me that my maiden speech to the council as matriarch of House Cadalthor occurs in such dire circumstance. But it is in times such as these that we prove the spirit of our ancestors is still alive in us," she began.

Tarissa had a flair for dramatic rhetoric. "When many years ago, Lady Alcori and Lady Kerrigan were welcomed into this august body, many were sceptical. I confess that I as well feared this might become a precedent for diluting our pure blood. But both have been our most dedicated allies, working tirelessly to defend our world and I daresay they have integrated into our culture. After hearing about the cataclysm our world will suffer, it would've been convenient for them to abandon us, but instead they've chosen to dedicate themselves to providing us all the aid possible. Now an act of treason most foul has been committed. Lady Kerrigan, was struck down by the assassin's bullet and then almost murdered in her sleep by a priestess. I cannot think of a way to twist the holy scriptures more. This is not an attack on one noble, one ally, but on the integrity of this conclave," she paused and took a sip from her glass of water.

"In moments of national crisis, this collection of traitorous worms would sow disruption and plunge our nation into chaos, under the misguided belief that Ashira is with them. As if She could ever abide such crime. It pains me deeply that my mother was a member of this clique. The traitor Alesia Venari has been arrested and admitted her guilt." At this point Tarissa produced a datapad that played a recording of the scene at the party. It was generally accurate. "Rather than face a trial of her peers, she cowardly took her own life. However, her confederates are still free. I call upon Lady Kerrigan to deliver her report."

Aeda Shaytari

We all wear masks....

There was a stir among the Ladies and Lords present. The news of this plot was unknown to some, whilst others disguised their surprise to varying levels of effectiveness.

Before Siobhan could speak though one of the Ladies stood. She was an older Eldorai, but high ranking, the Duchess of Valdemar.

“Lady Cadalthor,” she said with sweet, insincere words. “I am sorry to hear of the loss of your mother. She was a noble woman whose like is rare these days. She understood tradition and…culture.” A pointed glance in Siobhan’s direction.

“My Ladies,” she continued, pointedly excluding the malelings whom had been foisted upon the Council, in her view. “We have heard a lot from the Younger Cadalthor about Kerrigan, that most irrepressible of humans. We have heard a lot about plots and conspiracies, vague and ill-formed. What have we not heard a lot about? Why, our Majesty the Queen. Wherefore art the Star Queen? Has she seen fit to heed the advice of her ‘allies’ and allow a clique to rule us in her name? I fear Lady Cadalthor might be blinded by grief for her mother into being deceived by those who really wish to do us harm by trying to overthrow our dear Queen.” Another, more pointed look at Siobhan.

“My Ladies, we must discover the true facts here, not let an outsider berate us with imagined plots. Give us the Queen!”

Before matters could get violent a voice spoke.
“Stay, your wish is granted.”
Stepping from the stands where she had been disguised, the Queen herself appeared on the podium beside Siobhan and Tarissa.
“It is always most terrible to think how people, even those close to us, twist words. Don’t you think, Duchess?” Anya asked innocently.
“Yes, your Majesty, as I was saying…” she began.
“Silence! You are a snake, spreading your poison when Countess Kerrigan has done more for our people than you could have in a dozen lifetimes.” She turned to Siobhan, bowed her head slightly, and took her chair. “Speak on, Lady Kerrigan, know that your words I trust, and your actions I know to be right.”

This is your show, I am here only to stop them accusing you of coups. Do what you must, Siobhan,’ the Eldorai communicated to her friend.

Mirien faded from view, blending in with the shadows and disappearing completely from sight. She followed Siobhan and Tarissa into the council chambers. She glanced around the room, looking at each and every face that was present. She was searching for any tiny sign of trouble among those present. The discontent, the nervousness, the fear and worry was all there despite the masks hiding those emotions.

The brunette lifted an eyebrow as the Duchess of Valdemar rose to speak. The woman's words didn't settle well with Mirien. However, for the moment there was nothing she could do but watch, and wait. Hopefully things would not get too nasty within the next few moments. And then the queen appeared and soon helped to settle things a little bit.

Elayne stood guard close by, ever watchful just as Mirien was. Among this group, she trusted only Siobhan, Tarissa and Mirien. There was no telling what could happen and when. The last thing she wanted was for any more incidents like what happened at the party the night before.

Deep breaths, slow steps. You can do this, Siobhan repeated these words inside her mind like a mantra when she rose from her seat and limped towards the podium. It was plain for everyone to see that walking caused her a lot of pain, yet she held her chin up high.

Pride would not allow anything else. Pain is just weakness leaving the body, she told herself when she finally reached the podium. "Thank you, Your Majesty," she said, though her voice sounded frailer than she would've liked. She cleared her throat when she faced the council. Truth be told, she felt like crap and probably looked the part despite her makeup and pretty gown.

"Ladies, Lords, thank you for receiving me today," she spoke, voice getting stronger. She was using the Force to amplify it so that it could carry across the room. "I come here as an honorary Eldorai, a proud ally of the Star Queen and as a noblewoman who stands here because of the grace of Ashira. The woman who saved me when I was lost and taught me to embrace my Sciia was an Eldorai. She died heroically and I've striven to fulfil her legacy ever since. When my family was adrift after leaving an unworthy Protectorate, Kaeshana welcomed us and we devoted ourselves to making it strong and independent."

Her eyes briefly fell upon the Duchess of Valdemar. "Poisonous vipers would have you believe I'm involved in some absurd plot to seize power. There's no shred of truth to that. I see no loyalty there, only a desire to disguise their own desire for power they never earned. I was struck by the assassin's bullet whilst attending the soiree of Countess Sylvari. Before anyone suspects otherwise, no blame falls upon her. She's an honourable woman. Then the Abbess Matriel Vethari almost murdered me in my sick bed. You've heard the recording where Alesia admits her guilt. She says it was to save Kaeshana, but would she then have resorted to cloak and dagger? Does she think Kaeshana's nobility is so debased? No, those were the actions of a traitor. I can at least respect her for being ready to die for her beliefs and her minions for openly taking a shot at me. Rather than hiding behind honeyed words about loyalty. She took poison to escape a trial by her peers. But she left us a parting gift. I have here a journal," at that she suddenly produced an old-fashioned looking journal with elaborate sigils on it, "containing a list of conspirators, found in her villa. Some of them are very illustrious names...and sitting in this very assembly!" She paused, letting those words sink in. Those close enough to the podium would see that her hands were shaking and she gripped it for support.

"I'm afraid to disappoint them that I'm still standing. I have fought and bled for Kaeshana. I've given my blood, my limbs, my money and my time for its people. You think me so broken that you can openly insult my name and wish me death, but you're gravely mistaken. I am Firemane. I am the Imperishable Flame. I stand here because Ashira protected me on that night. She saved me to help give the Eldorai, a race I love deeply, a future. One without parasites who twist Ashira's words and cannot suffer the fact that the Eldorai could be something great without them. Who care more about themselves than their people's survival. They think their names will protect them."

Her heart was thumping inside her chest. So loudly that it felt like it was about to burst. Sweat was dripping down her face and her breathing was ragged. As a matter of fact, she was panting. No, she was not going to pass out. Not now! "Duchess, you despise me. Frankly, I revel in it. I wouldn't want to be liked by a pathetic worm who's done nothing except live off the great name of her ancestors. The attempt on my life has left me scarred and infirm. But I assure you, my resolve has never been stronger. It's time to tear out the weeds in Her garden. Your name is right on top of the list of the vipers and scum in high places."

Anya Venari

Star Queen Tirathana VII

After Siobhan gave a speech which even Aurelia Saelari would have approved of, there was silence, a thick, dangerous silence.

Finally, the Duchess stood. “I will not be bullied by your proscription list. I am Duchess of Valdemar, and you have no power over me, human!” she spat.

“I have power over you though,” Anya said softly, rising to her feet. She gestured to Diyan, who came forward to offer Siobhan a hand and a chair.

“Your Majesty, you at least know the realities of politics. Whatever might or might not be found in that journal is of no matter. I am not answerable to any jury. Surely we can come to an arrangement. Any move against me will cause turmoil, chaos. Surely you don’t want that, do you?” she asked in a patronising tone.
“So we should just forget all about this. I am sure that the lady Alesia was mad and these rantings cannot be seriously.”

Anya shook her head. “No, we will not forget about this. An insult or threat to myself I can forgive. I cannot forgive such a thing done to those I hold dear, nor to my people. I am the Star Queen of the Eldorai people, and I will not turn a blind eye. Many of you think I am weak because I am progressive, because I think of my people before petty jealousies and self-aggrandisement. I am not weak, I will do what must be done.”

She gestured, and suddenly Angelii appeared as if from nowhere.
“Those implicated will receive a fair trial. If you are innocent you may go. Those who conspired to bring death and disunity on the Eldorai people will pay the price the law demands.”

‘Mirien, I know you are here somewhere…you know the list. Help my Angelii bring them in.’

Turning to Siobhan she looked at her friend with concern. “I will get a healer for you, my dear,” she said.

Mirien had listened from the shadows, hidden from sight. She still was looking, searching for anyone in the room that might dare make a move now. The list had finally made it's way to her datapad, and the brunette skimmed over it quickly. A fair number sat in this very room.

Putting the datapad aside, she finally slipped from the shadows and into sight as she felt the Queen brush up against her mind, relaying the message to her. Things were going to get messy and quickly, Mirien had no doubt.

A few of the guilty were quick to try and make an exit, bolting to get to the doors. With the other Angelii entering the room, that helped to block the way but didn't stop a few from trying anyway to get past them and off to freedom. Mirien grabbed one by the neck, and slammed her to the ground with some force, letting an Angelii woman grab and cuff her.

Then from behind Mirien sensed danger within the force and pressure soon clamped down upon her neck, squeezing it tightly. It took some effort to push back against that to allow her room to breathe and to keep her windpipe from being crushed.

[member="Anya Venari"] | [member="Siobhan Kerrigan"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom