Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do You Know What I Know? (Siobhan)

Whispered rumors in the dark, something akin to catching smoke in the palm of your hand. Whispers. Whispers became words, when Mirien could confirm there was something to them. And so she had words written on a page, no less horrible. No less dark than many of the things she'd already dealt with in her life. And a part of her wondered, Sio, do you know? Do you know what I know?

It took a while to track the data back to it's source but in Firemane, Mirien saw all. And she had found Elanil Saedaris' report that now sat most extremely classified. If she'd not gotten to that data when she did, it probably would have drifted through her hand like smoke, gone as quickly as it was there and impossible to prove. The brunette sighed as she went over the final two words on the report. Extinction Event. There was no denying it, how many times she looked at it those cruel words remained. She'd been debating what to do exactly now that she knew, but really she only had one person in mind to tell. She had to find Siobhan now that she'd mostly gotten over the shock herself.

Sighing she pushed herself out from her desk, "Siobhan where are you? I think ... I think I have something rather urgent to speak with you about." Telepathically spoken to the woman she loved. Rather urgent barely covered it. Not at all. But still, best to break the news in person than anything else. A telepathic conversation certainly wasn't the type of place for this kind of thing.

[member="Siobhan Kerrigan"]

[member="Mirien Valdier"]

Secrets. As a matter of fact, Siobhan was not particularly good at keeping things secret from either of the women she was bonded to. Knowing someone inside and out, being so in tune with their feelings and preferences, had its advantages and brought a degree of emotional closeness few could match, once you got over the awkwardness and privacy issues that inevitably surfaced. At the same time, it was a bit of a double-edged sword because, even with mental barriers and such, it was difficult to maintain secrecy when needed.

Then again, truth be told, Siobhan did not want to keep this particular revelation secret. Leaving aside the practical aspect, there was a heavy weight on her shoulder. As melodramatic as this undoubtedly sounded, it felt like it was too much to bear. Thus it was with mixed feelings, yet also with a measure of relief, that she received the telepathic message from her beloved Mirien. It was not just a transmission of words, but of feelings as well and the sense of urgency could not be denied.

Coincidentally, Siobhan was at this moment sitting in her office. The plush leather chair felt a good deal less comfortable now since she had been sitting there for quite a while, trying to work tirelessly on the details of the evacuation. So much had to be sorted out, so much organsied and negotiated...and yet there was so little time. Like it or not, she could not do this alone. For she faced a crisis that could not be overcome through firepower and space wizadry. The revelation of the coming cataclysm was like someone had dropped a building on her. So she sighed and put down her datapad as she focused. Did Mirien know? Probably. "I'm at my office. Come over right now please. I...need you here. I have some things to tell you." She felt like speaking out and letting the cat out of the bag right now, but she felt like this should be discussed in person.

"On my way." Replied quickly as she headed out the door of the Villa without any hesitation. Even through the transmission she could feel something wrong, something off which only made Mirien move that much faster leaping into her speeder and heading off to Firemane.

A short trip later, Mirien had worked her way through security and didn't even knock on Siobhan's door before she entered it and stepped inside. "So, yeah ... I ran into this report. Something if you don't know about you need to know." A sigh fell from her lips, hardly able to keep her own emotions under wraps under the circumstances. "But first, what did you need to tell me?" Secrets were her game, and she did wonder about the possibility of them trying to break the same news to the other. The idea that they both knew already seemed so far out there though, but here they were.

So here they were again. Together. To many Mirien would just be the Ice Queen, who suffered no fools, tolerated no failure and was a demanding taskmistress of her subordinates. All this was true and her reputation was well-earned, yet she was more than that. Just as she was more than the merciless Inquisitor or the sadistic Bando Gora Acolyte.

But then those who did not see that could not feel the rush of emotions emanating from the brunette, but through their bond, Siobhan could. Two heartbeats beating in unison. She was no longer alone in this now in Firemane. "An asteroid is coming for Kaeshana. There's no way to stop it. In less than a standard year it'll impact...and it'll be an extinction event. No one left here will survive," she spoke at last after a brief pause that she had needed to gather her thoughts. Mechanical eyes were focused on her Mirien, trying to assess her reaction to the news.

Mirien stepped forward slowly, only nodded as Siobhan spoke. "As much as the odds were against it, I was here to tell you the same thing." Reaching out, she handed the datapad to Siobhan. "The Saedaris scientist, we employ made an internal report before it was classified and removed from our servers. But yeah ... I might have gotten a hold of a copy of it before that happened."

The former Inquisitor had never been attached to any planet. Never, but she was attached to Sio. And while she had some concern for Kaeshana, she only cared for Siobhan and her family. She stepped around the desk, and wrapped both arms tightly around Siobhan. "We have just under a year, we'll figure it out." Trying to offer what support she could, but to a degree she couldn't help but feel rather detached about the situation. A cold reaction? Maybe. But it was more ingrained in her to deal with tough situations with ice and deal with them after the danger had actually passed.

Mirien's reaction might be cold but Siobhan still melted into her embrace, hugging the woman tightly against her. "Just under a year...yeah. We've received information about a lost elf planet at the edge of Wild Space. It sounds insane, but we came across natives from it. Tegs and Taldir are heading up an expedition to find it. It's the Eldorai's saving grace," she sighed.

Part of Siobhan really hated showing weakness like this, even before Mirien. The other part of her did not want the woman to let go of her. "If I wanted I could pack my bags and we could be away from Kaeshana in a day. A bit more and Firemane could set up up shop somewhere else but...no matter what the Eldorai are my people. I'm in charge of supervising the evacuation on this end together with the Queen. Get as many out as possible, choose who's allowed to get out. We estimate that we can get a few hundred million out, if we step up production of our super freighters, move the Skyport...gain outside support," her voice seemed to almost crack at that. "Love...I don't know whether I can do this. I...need you."

Mirien ran a gentle hand through Siobhan's hair, thinking through the situation as the woman went on. "I'd heard rumors to that accord but had yet to confirm." A slight hint of annoyance carried through her tone. If there was one thing she hated, it was being behind the curve on information. Alas, Mirien wasn't a miracle worker. And while her reach was long, it wasn't endless. She did miss things from time to time. "I hope they find it soon." After all no race deserved to be wiped from the face of the galaxy.

She gave a small nod, still holding Siobhan against her. "I understand, Sio." She said with a bit of a frown. "While I don't feel what you do for them, well I do. But you know what I mean. I care about you, you come first. And if this, if the Eldorai and helping them survive this and whatever is coming is what you want, you'll have me at your side. I won't let you do this alone. Not when you don't have to." She pulled away from the Countess, looking down to her, "Tell me what you need, where you need me and I'm there. You just have to ask. Just tell me, I'm right here."

If Siobhan had not already been head over heels in love with Mirien, she would have fallen for her again right now. In this moment the former Inquisitor was her rock, a strength for her. It was an interesting role reversal from how things had been in the past months, but not an unwelcome one. Mirien was climbing out of the dark pit she had fallen after the awful revelations of her past.

"I know. And I appreciate it a...lot. Really do, love. That's what I needed to hear. I've taken charge of all Firemane operations and you're my second-in-command, effective immediately. Will full authority to give orders in my name to Firemane civilian and military personnel. I'm in talks with the Queen to organise the modalities of the evacuation - and hopefully to make sure it's more than the first five per cent that gets out - and I'll also be meeting with the Kar'zun leaders. Their people deserves a chance to survive and their warriors will be a big asset to us."

One wondered what she meant by 'us'? Firemane as a whole? Or just her and Mirien? "We need funds, more super freighters and...we must ensure that no word leaks out. You know how the Eldorai are, once the truth has to come out many will see it in apocalyptic terms and rise up to purge foreigners in the belief that then Ashira will save them, and Dark Eldorai will exploit that. Along with whatever darkside group tries to muck things up this week. I need you to be on guard against any terrorist or foreign agency. More than that, I want you to make a list of all known troublemakers here. You'll be liaising with Aeda about this and...this stays between us, Anya won't stomach preemptive extrajudicial executions, eliminate any potential threat you find."

Love certainly wasn't all about the romance, happy endings and fairytales. Well, moreover Mirien never believed in fairytales anyway. She believed in what she could touch, what was real and certain. She did believe in herself and Siobhan. It was a welcome relief to step out of her dark and be able to offer to support Sio.

She did pause for a moment as the words sunk in, "Second in..." The ice queen managed to stop herself there. It was strange for her to imagine herself in any powerful role beyond intelligence gathering and slinking in the shadows. She'd done well enough as Inquisitor. "Of course, I understand." She did manage a soft smile, "Well, at least with you in this role and position it won't just be the rich, and nobles who make it off the planet. You and I both know the value of the people who started on the bottom of society."

"Somehow, I almost feel like this is starting to become a second Inquisition." In some ways she didn't mind that. In others she couldn't stand the thought at all. "Having to watch our backs, looking at any threat internal and external." She chuckled a little, "Though I'd really love to see one of the saps try and purge you or I. It would not end well. Not at all." There is no doubt where that would end, lots of blood, and death for the other guy. The woman then nodded, "Well I had a list of the troublemakers but I suppose it's a bit dated now. And will change given the circumstances in which it must be viewed under now. Am I to just look at those who would be most likely to cause trouble under an event like this, or is the scope more broad?" Her mind drifted to a small side thought "And what of the people who already know about the situation? I'd actually like a list of those who do know as of right now. Because truthfully a few of those could become problems. I'd rather know who before I have to cover a leak after its already out."

"Aeda? Been awhile since I heard that name." She lifted a brow, "Well, that feels a little like taking a few of my favorite tools away, but I guess it can't all be spilled blood and guts." Though she wanted to be very clear on what Siobhan was saying. There could be no mistakes. "By eliminate, is that to say arrest and throw in a cell somewhere. Or is that actually eliminate? Just for clarity's sake."

"Personally, it's my opinion that the Eldorai would do far better if we left most of the parasites on the Nobles' Council behind to die on Kaeshana," Siobhan said bluntly. Not nice? Of course not, there was a reason she was a Dark Jedi. Oh, and yes, this writer knows what 'dark Jedi' means. Anyone who called her a rogue Jedi had no clue about what they were saying. It was like saying you could be the head of a body that called itself an Inquisition and be a light sider.

"I'll get you a list of all those in the know. Off the top of my head, other than you, Anya, Tegs, Chesna and me it's Galina, Taldir and Coryth. I suppose by now [member="Judah Dashiell"] has heard from Tegs, but he's a good friend and is ready to help us. Then there's obviously Aeda - the Grand Seraph - and the Queen's Council. Pay particular attention to the Cadalthor Clan there. Tarissa's alright, her grandmother and mother have been peripherally linked to reactionaries and religious fanatics."

Releasing that she had still been holding on to Mirien, she released her. "If you discover traitors in our own turf, deal with them as you deem appropriate. Arrest and no loss of limb preferrably, but don't touch genuine threats with velvet gloves. If you discover evidence of threats amongst the Queen's nobles, I'd prefer it if you talked with Anya and me first. I don't want to risk destabilising things for Anya through hasty action. The Eldorai are already gonna be up in arms about 'human monkeighs' taking control. But if there's a very urgent threat and no time for consultation...do what you have to do, even if that means killing. Anyone we throw in a jail cell is gonna die anyway. Aside from that, I promised the Queen that you can help with ensuring any information related to the asteroid is censored and you can help with security on the Skyport. We're gonna be storing people and equipment on it, including her daughter. It'll be moved once we have the hyperdrive tugs for the task."

She reached to her desk and picked up one of the many datapads that were stacked on it, passing it to Mirien. "You know the threat scenarios better than me. I'm looking at known Dark Eldorai, fellow travellers, fundamentalist circles. That's domestic. Then there's Sith. Shadow is still out there...so is Moira." Both people she would really want to see eradicated. "I don't want a second Inquisition, but I can't let anyone compromise this and you're the only one I can trust enough. You're family." The mere word Inquisition made her shudder, but she could not deny that they had taken many bad people out of commission. They had just treated their own people as slaves and been an instrument of oppression.

"You and me both, Sio dear. You and me both." She sighed, "Can't stand most nobles anyway. Inbred fools if you ask me." Not that Siobhan had, but aside from Tegaea and Sio, Mirien couldn't stand Nobles and Aristocrats.

"Thank you, I'd appreciate it." Much better to know the possible threats well before it truly became a problem for Mirien or anyone else. "Cadalthor. Alright, I'll keep that in mind." Though the brunette did frown, "Galina? Is it wise for her to know?" Mirien thought that the redhead would be too young, and not wise enough to know just how important keeping the secret was. "Also, I hate to be the one to say this but maybe we should consider moving Galina somewhere else. It doesn't feel safe to keep her here under the current circumstances. Don't want to see her life get risked if things go south. The girl isn't exactly capable of defending herself just yet, while I know that is being worked on. I just wonder if having her elsewhere would be better, especially when the young woman could be used as leverage against you and everything you are setting out to do."

Mirien nodded, making a few mental notes. "I just wanted to be certain of what you were asking me of, and what power I held and could get away with, within the scope of law." Thinking to the Nobles Mirien just had a feeling there was bound to be trouble there soon enough. "I understand entirely. I'm not looking to destabilise her, or take unneeded risk. Just everything has to be calculated and I'd rather know now what I can and cannot do before I'm knee deep in someone else's blood. And has for helping with censorship, it's nothing I've not done before so of course I'd be glad to help. Will take some work and more resources than I currently have to keep everything tied down, but it's entirely workable."

Reaching out she took the datapad, and started to skim through it. "Agreed. Well, I've never stopped looking at the Sith as a potential threat, but they'd have to be damn foolish to try anything now. Right now, internal threats are prioritized though. " The former Grand Inquisitor nodded, "I don't want that either. However, it does feel a little like that." She managed a small sad smile, "Thank you Sio, glad you have the faith in me. And that you consider me family. You made life worth it for me. Living when I had nothing else. Becoming my family and I'll do my best to protect us as I can. I don't want you or anyone you love and care for to be hurt during this, I care way too much to ever allow something like that to happen."

"If I had not already fallen head over heels for you, I'd fall in love with you again right now," Siobhan said most mushily, but it was the truth. No, she had not stolen the line from a cheesy romance novel. Well, she might have had!

However, she meant what she said. Fact was, Mirien was family to her. Layers of ice might have encased the woman's black heart, but if you took the time to see past that you would find that she cared. However, though Siobhan understood the logic of her bond sister's words, she did not like them. "I don't like the idea of being separated from Galina. She just came back from the netherworld and heard her home will be inevitably destroyed, I cannot just send her away again and I lack people away from Kaeshana who can take care of her."

Tegaea was busy looking for Tygara so she was out since she would be busy. Moreover, Siobhan frankly had the impression that her wife and Galina alone would not go that well. As much as Siobhan hated admit, her wife was very distant to their daughter. But then she sighed. "But...you have a point. People would try to use her as leverage and I can't bear the idea of her being hurt. I suppose I could give Tempest a call and send Galina away with her to Tabaqui. Say they're going on a master-padawan trip."

Mirien then did smile brightly, "You're so sweet love. Corny but sweet. And I found that novel the other day." She said with a wink.

She then nodded, "I know Sio, but you should know well enough I wouldn't even suggest it if I didn't think it was extremely important and that her life was in danger. It just takes one person knowing a third of what is happening and Galina would be placed in grave danger with the potential to be kidnapped, tortured and much worse. All so someone can bend you to their will to release her back to you alive." Reaching up, she pinched the bridge of her nose, hating to have to even say that much. "It's not what you want, I know that. But I do have a job to protect you both. It's in your best interests for both of you to send her away."

Mirien ran a slow hand through her own hair, "Tempest might be a good choice, the best choice. It gives her someone that can protect her, watch over her and continue her training in the process. And, I suspect Galina would not know any different if you told her that it is just master-padawan bonding time. I just want to see her and you safe. You I know can handle yourself if caught alone. I cannot say the same for her, which is why I recommend it. We could also send a few employees along, just to keep an eye on the both of them. Extra eyes never hurt with something like this." It was Siobhan's daughter, Mirien was hardly about to take a single chance when it came to something that mattered so much to Sio.

"I know, love. I know. All those folks who call you a heartless ice queen should see you know. I'm so lucky to have you. I'll have a chat with Galina and then give Tempest a call. We can spare some minions to help them out. It's my daughter, there's no expenses that cannot be made for her safety," she said. When it came to her daughter's safety, she accepted no compromise. The last thing she could stomach was her coming to any harm. "Galina'll be pissed about leaving, but it's for her best. And...it may help her if she's taken out of her comfort zone a bit."

There was a pause before she spoke up again, smiling brightly. "Speaking about the novel, you must have not only found it, but read it. I deliberately left it on the couch that night. There's a movie based on it by the way. Would you like to watch it with me, my dark angel?" Curled up on the couch eating ice cream. It would be so romantic!

Mirien nodded, "Things do always change, even me I suppose." The woman said quietly. "Just glad I can help." Though, she didn't imagine that the young Kerrigan-Alcori would be very happy about the trip. "It may, you are right on that. She's been through hell but extremely sheltered. She has to see more of the galaxy, and start to learn what Universe is really like. And it may help Tempest with her, to be in a place where you are not easily reachable for Galina. The redhead looks to you and Tegaea for everything in her life. She has to learn to rely on herself more I think. Should be good for her."

Then Mirien flushed a fair bit as Siobhan moved on to the topic of the book. "Well, yes. Someone has to so we can pick on you for the corny lines!" She teased lightly! "It would be fun to watch a movie with you tonight, darling. So, that I look forward to. And dark angel? I think I approve of the nick name."

Siobhan gave Mirien a very knowing grin, like she knew exactly how she really felt when she saw the adorable blush. "An angel with shiny black wings and cute horns. You know I love my girls horny. And I think you like you my corny lines and novels." Clearly Siobhan was trying to set new standards in corniness, but she could not help it. Somehow Mirien had the ability to make her feel like a giddy schoolgirl.

So she gave her fellow brunette a quick kiss on the tip of her nose. Unfortunately, they did have some things to discuss that were actually serious. "On the topic of the exodus, we need to get our...artefacts off Kaeshana. Preferrably sooner rather than later. Tegs has taken the Ardarvia, but we do have other ships. I'd like you to be responsible for making sure they're stashed away safely. This includes my personal holocron." There, Mirien, you're so trusted that you get to be responsible for dark artefacts.

Mirien just smiled brightly, "You are so sweet, darling. So very sweet. Didn't ever think anyone would call me an angel of any variety but I like it."

Hearing the next words from Siobhan, the brunette seemed a little confused. It certainly didn't seem the kind of thing that Siobhan would entrust to anyone. "I can do that." She did wonder about where to store them. "Less sure about where to take then but I'll figure that part out." But it still left her with one question. "You trust me this much?" She asked, needing to hear the answer. Even if it should have been obvious to her.

Siobhan's reply was immediate and firm. "Yes. I love you. I trust you. Frankly, there aren't many people I trust like this or consider competent enough," she said honestly, giving Mirien's hand a squeeze. Much to her annoyance Siobhan still could not stand without use of her cane for support and even so was still leaning against the desk.

"As a matter of fact, I recently modified my holocron's gatekeeper to give you full access to anything that's on it." If Mirien were inclined to make use of this, she would find that Siobhan had added a password-protected section abou her. Suffice to say there was plenty of gushing in it.

Mirien smiled, truly feeling loved and trusted in that moment. "I love you too. I just ... I ..." Though she did seem a little flustered, "I didn't think you trusted me that much. I thought .... with everything we've found out about me, that you might have even trusted me less." The woman sighed softly, "I was wrong. I'm glad to know that you do. It gives me hope that there might be a brighter future out there for me. One that doesn't entirely consist of living in the shadows."

Hearing about the changes to the holocron, she nodded, "Thank you, darling. I just ... I'm a bit shocked at all of this truly. It's not what I expected to happen when I came here today. But it makes me happy." It was nice to know she truly was that trusted, that loved. That she held a special place in Siobhan's heart. It was something she had really needed to hear from Sio. "I won't let you down, I promise."

Siobhan was touched...very much so. For a long moment she did not know what to say. Then she gently took Mirien's hand into hers and placed it over her chest. Mirien would feel her lover's heart beat beneath her fingertips. "You have a big place here, love. A very big one. You wouldn't have it if I did not trust you...fully and absolutely. Maybe I'm being selfish, but I don't care. Far as I'm concerned the monster you used to be died a long time ago. Abd I want there to be a future...for us."

At that she had to sit down on the edge of the desk, still clinging to her cane. Much as she hated it, she got tired far more easily now and standing for a long time was difficult for her. "I am not sure whether you're free tonight but...Countess Caridwen Sylari is holding a ball. Would you like to accompany me?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom