Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Crisis of Faith: The Scar Worlds

Miranda Io

The Daughter of Resistance
City of Midas, Khemost.

Armored Apartments...

Miranda was stirred from her Low Power Mode (The closest she could get to being asleep) and rose from her bed, a black metal Skeleton with green photo receptors, packed with lethal miniaturized weapons.

As Khemost got more and more established, more of the City of Midas cleared, it's armored apartments declared fit for use after being refurbished, Citizens had started being moved from ships and space stations to occupy them. Miranda had chosen one at the heart of Midas, where vast amounts of clearing out and reconstruction were occuring. She felt useful there, mediating disputes between citizens and reconciliation was a primary goal. Family mustn't be Enemies.

Miranda saw her terminal blinking with the symbol of their House:

biqJGWW.png

Miranda immediately went over and saw a call transmission waiting to be received.

The advanced Droid hit the receive button and the face of her Grandmother, Countess Arianna Belasko Arianna Belasko showed.

Good morning daughter, I trust your low power state was enjoyable?"

"Of course, Grandmother." Miranda answered, sitting down in the seat next to the terminal.

"What's the occasion?" Miranda asked, noting the concern in the features of the blonde Sorceress.

"You need to see this. It's about a space station we have been slowly infiltrating for weeks now, called Mek-Sha. Something... unexpected happened there several hours ago..."

The feed switched from Arianna to an image captured by a security camera of a Jedi Knight. He was strong looking, a handsome human with copper skin and dreadlocks. He was soaked in something, gathered before a crowd of alien onlookers. He had a miserable expression on him, and various crowds of aliens were around him.

"My name is Dra Collins. I am a Jedi of the SJC. I hate long speeches, so I will apologize ahead of time and try to keep on point as much as possible. But really, the long and short of it is this: I have failed all of you. Completely and Utterly."

His expression became more somber.

"Many years ago, I was one of many Jedi who were inspired by Ryv Ryv Karis, the Sword of The Jedi, and Coren Starchaser Coren Starchaser , when they refused to make a truce with the Tenth Sith Empire, in order to stop the Bryn'adul. I believed in the necessity of siding with the New Imperial Order to help bring about its end. I sought no glory for myself. No renown. I doubt either of those two Jedi would remember me. I fought at Korriban, as well as Bastion and elsewhere. I'm sure they can pull up my records at the Silver Rest."

He looked around and Miranda could all but smell the sense of genuine failure about him just through his body language.

"Throughout that war...I lost many friends. I lost my master at Korriban, my best friends all died in the conflicts that followed, one even being killed by friendly fire from my own side. The rest were all murdered by Darth Xiphos. I lost my entire extended family at Sarka. But we crushed the Sith Empire, in the end. I was so convinced. Convinced by their words. They kept me going through very dark times. I don't hate Ryv. Or Coren. I have just finally come to accept that I should never have listened to them."

One member in the crowd, a Kubaz, bless his soul, was already begging him not to do it. Dra ignored him.

"I was convinced we were following the will of the Force. That we were making the Galaxy a better place. Looking back now...I...I wish I had thought harder about cause and effect. What can the Jedi Order be proud of in this era? What have we actually accomplished? The Bryn'adul weren't even stopped by us in the end. They murdered and rampaged with virtual impunity in the meantime. The NIO grew directly stronger and more established because we ignored the fact they were just as tyrannical. Their tyranny barely manifested any meaningful difference between them and the Empire they tore down. And they broke all relations with us the moment we stopped being useful. And now we're on the verge of war with them also. We looked the other way, at the Ashlan Fanatics. We have not made the Galaxy a better place. We have simply set the stage for new levels of violence. New conflicts. New tragedies. But our worst failure is all around me. The people crowded on this station. Who needed us the most, and we completely failed their worlds. I look back and I know that I have accomplished nothing but blood and Destruction. All for the nebulous hope that we might finally put an end to the Sith once and for all. Nothing I can say or do will ever make this right. Even what good deeds I have done fill my mouth with ash. It all rings hollow. I haven't kept the Galaxy safe from anyone. And with so many Sith running around, the Tenth Sith Empire might as well not have fallen. I can't make up for anything I have done..." he trailed, getting on his knees.

"But I can make my last act one of protest, not just to Ryv or Coren, but to the Order I once proudly served. To protest just how badly we failed the people on this station. All because we couldn't stop our feud with the Sith for even an instant."

He held up a lighter, and the rest of the crowd began to scream at him, beg him not to. Some tried to rush him, desperate to get the lighter out of his hand, only to be Force Pushed back mildly.

And then like a dead weight, he let the lighter fall on him and the crowd screamed as he set himself on fire.

The image switched back to Arianna.

"He's in critical condition. The Healers cannot seem to reverse the damage. In the meantime, riots of various Aliens against Jedi Personnel have broken out across this station. Jedi are being beaten, even killed and put on display. The news has gone viral and the riots are occuring always in major areas full of refugees. Several planets, including Coruscant, have reported severe rioting in certain refugee sectors. Two other Jedi immolated themselves in solidarity with him on Ryloth. But they were not saved in time."

"What must I do?" Miranda asked.

"This is the perfect opportunity to turn a large chunk of Mek-Sha's populace against the Jedi...and to acquire the Burned Knight for ourselves...you are to go there, stoke the flames of discontent further however you can. Meanwhile...The Burned Knight will get retrieved by other means..."

She sent Miranda the departure time and where she could best be utilized. Miranda nodded and said she would bring personnel to accompany her. Arianna smiled and the transmission was ended.

She headed over to the Stasis Field for her nanite sheath, which was undergoing routine error checks in its programming. She opened it up and let the large silvery orb of Laminanium Nanites slide into her frame, enveloping it and taking the shape of a curvy, bronze skinned woman in a silver catsuit, then exited her bedroom.

She saw her roommates, Cara, an Organic Citizen, formerly a refugee from a world destroyed by The Bryn'adul playing paper football on a table with David, a Model 1 Nuetralizer. David was using his fingers as the goal posts. He was distinct from his other Skeletal brothers, who covered their skull faces in masks and used war paint on their bodies. David had none of that. He was stainless Cortosis Weave Durasteel and red photo receptors.

The Model 1 units were the first children of Darth Xiphos, and they had terrorized the NIO and the Galactic Alliance throughout the third Imperial Civil War. Their Infamy had only grown through that conflict, through a combination of brutal savagery, and vicious next level trolling in the form of cracking horrible out of place jokes and one liners, or singing pop songs as war chants. Even now, years after their first ever conflict at Generis, roaming the battlefield as Berserkers, they were still the most well known of all Nuetralizer models.

Every Model 1 was a proven design for killing Jedi, and Miranda wouldn't be here if not for their development.

David was a special case. He had self deactivated at the battle of Sarka after being buried under rubble, reactivating years later, and had spent months on the run in enemy territory, struggling to stay functional and repair himself to a combat ready state, hunted relentlessly by enemy forces.

He had been the Nuetralizer that had spent the most time away from his family, and he was like a fish out of water. Even now he had only barely started to adjust being back from what had started as a small army of Droid Soldiers led by their Mother to a faction making waves that rattled the windows of even the very strongest organizations.

House Io was spreading, drawing more to its cause.

"You're up early..." Cara remarked, flicking the thick paper triangle between David's fingers.

"I got a summons from The Countess. It's a priority directive. You two feel like some work on Mek-Sha?"

"So that's what got you up..." David muttered. "It's all over the news."

"I'm in. Lemme get my weapons. What are we doing over there?" Cara asked as she headed to the small, shared armory that was in every Citizen's apartment.

"We're going to make a crap situation for the Jedi worse..." Miranda answered.

The three were striding out of their apartment, which had dim running lights in the halls, a General Purpose Nuetralizer cleaning the floor with a mop, armed with a Sonic Disruptor Pistol.

"Hi, Clarice!" David called out as they walked by.

"Looking shiny, David!" Clarice called back. "Be careful! Floor ahead might be a tad slippery!"

They took her word of caution and went extra slow before they reached the turbolift.

"How bad you think it will be when we get there?" Cara asked, flicking strawberry blonde hair from her eyes

"The Rioting is occurring in the worst, most crowded sections. What that Jedi did blew the lid off what was probably already a volatile situation..." David mused. "To be perfectly honest, I'm surprised it didn't occur sooner. It's mostly aliens, non human species doing the rioting. Though the humans are starting to get in on the action also..."

"Cara, you can blend in with the refugees. I want you to find out where the Burned Knight is being kept...me and David will Aggro the Jedi. Try to organize the riots..."

Miranda disapproved of the mission to be honest, but even she had to note the tactical advantage to be gained...

Present...

They had arrived on the station in spite of the lockdown instituted due to the riots, having bribed key officials beforehand, via a Lambda Class Shuttle with no markings.

David was fully cloaked in a black, hooded cape, wearing an old Atrisian Oni war mask to conceal his Skeletal features, armed with both a Citizen Energy Sword like she and Cara were, as well as an Elemental Assault Carbine Type 1. Miranda didn't really need Weaponry, being built with Jedi Killing tools, and Cara was armed with the same type of Carbine, wearing an Environmental Bastion Armor Suit.

Miranda could see a disaster in the process of happening. There were posters and Graffiti of the Jedi who had burned himself alive, the act having given rise to some long pent up frustration and resentment towards Jedi in the many alien communities living here. House Io literally HAD to be here to stoke those flames further...

The Dock Inspector, who had not been informed of their arrival beforehand, demanded to see their identification.

"You don't need to see our Identification..." David muttered, dropping a few Crownwraithes of the House's Aurodium Currency in his hands.

"I... don't need to see your identification..." he said slowly.

Miranda dumped another Crownwraithe in his hand.

"We're not people you should be concerned over." she said softly.

"You... aren't people I should be concerned over..." the Dock Officer replied...

Cara dumped another Crownwraithe in his hand.

"Move along..." she trailed.

"Move along..." he repeated, staring at the Aurodium coins, worth more than he made in a year in total.

The trio headed deeper into the facility.

Station officials were pleading for people to return to whatever homes they had. But Miranda could see blood and trash bins on fire. Cara separated from them and the two droids went to observe a dead Jedi strung up and put on display in front of a used Droid Parts shop.

"These people are pissed..." David observed.

They knew it wasn't just about the Jedi. Mek-Sha was a horrible place to live. Overcrowded, and crime ridden. Supply issues, lack of housing, lack of Efficiency. All things House Io could alleviate. It had proven ample recruiting ground for House Io so far, gathering people disillusioned and angered by the Jedi Order letting the Bryn'adul run roughshod over their worlds to attack a crumbling empire. But there had been so many other issues that Dra Collins had simply been the straw that broke the Bantha's back. Jedi had come here from a local praxeum often to try and help the populace, but they were the main targets of the rioting now. Every Jedi on the station was in potential danger. Lethal danger. Dra Collins act had caused what a certain Anime would have referred to as a Stand Alone Complex.

To David, it was vindication of the House's beliefs, of Mother's beliefs that the Jedi had betrayed the entire Galaxy by not doing everything they could to stop the Bryn'adul. To Miranda, it was a powder keg they had both willingly walked into but at least they had gone to the trouble of setting up hidden supply routes and contacts. She immediately began to look for areas full of crowds of refugees and soon found some, passing out weapons to try and ravage the place some more.

"People, hear me!" Miranda called out. "If you truly wish to make your voice heard...you'll need more destructive weapons than that! And House Io can provide them!"

This instantly got their attention beneath trash filled, neon lit streets. Even now, people were putting up posters of the Burned Knight everywhere.

"Mek-Sha is a crime ridden, lawless hell, and has been for too long!" Miranda yelled. "We must be more than vandals! More than looters! Certainly more than the Jedi who make miniscule efforts to bring order to this station. We must become that Order. The order against the chaos they brought with their selfish behavior! If you listen, I can lead you to more potent weapons...and I will help you take complete control of this section and hold it!"

Many, many rioters cheered at the prospect, but many others were suspicious.

"What's in it for you?" one of them asked.

"Fething the Order that put you all in this spot is House Io's joy in life. We are made up of many Refugees just like you. A place where you are equals. Family. A place where you have a voice and good living conditions. We have people with stories just like yours, who all see the chaos the Jedi brought and wish to punish it as you do. Your fight and foes are the same as ours. And we wish to stand in solidarity with you, here and now. In the open. Let us help you." Miranda asked.

Miranda smiled as rioters began walking up to her, asking for tactical advice and well as the current ground situation and injuries they had sustained...

Caltin Vanagor Caltin Vanagor

Valery Noble Valery Noble

Last edited:

Appearance: Link
Outfit: Factory Link
Weapon:
Valery Noble's Lightsabers
Ship: Link
Tag: Miranda Io Miranda Io Caltin Vanagor Caltin Vanagor

Darkness clouded Mek-Sha, a space station Valery remembered even from her days in the Old Republic. A lot had likely changed since then in terms of the infrastructure and its history, but in many ways, it was still very much the same. Ridden with crime, it was a hub and a home to some of the most dangerous people in the Galaxy, and somehow, it had gotten even worse.

Riots had followed after a Jedi had burned himself in the streets, and the already strong anti-Jedi sentiment was rising to disastrous levels as a result of his actions. Those who dared travel there were assaulted, and no amount of law enforcement would be able to stop it. Not that they would, given what kind of place it was, but everything seemed to point at the situation further escalating. It was a problem for the safety of those who were simply unfortunate and had to live there, but it also paved the way for other dangerous figures to take advantage of the chaos.

Sith, Dark Jedi, cultists, crime lords — all of them could benefit from such a hub completely losing control, and that especially sparked something in Valery.

Despite the danger and people being against her there, she had to act as a Jedi and respond to what was happening.

"Alright, R5, we'll be arriving in a moment," Valery said as she looked at the space station through the cockpit of her modified Stealth-X. She had chosen this fighter to avoid detection early on, and dock somewhere away from all the riots and busy streets. For a former Jedi Shadow, it was easy enough to disappear into the crowds or remain completely undetected, but she couldn't risk running into any trouble right at her point of arrival.

When she finally docked and paid for her time there, she made sure her robes were drawn around her outfit, thus concealing her weapons and identity as a Jedi. She turned her fiery gaze in the direction of the loud chaos going on and began to move in its direction. Whatever was happening there, she was going to learn more about it.

Be careful what you wish for.
“Yesterday’s the past, tomorrow’s the future, but today is a gift. That's why it’s called the present.” - Bil Keane

There was something familiar about what was pulling him here. As the “Big Grumpy” he was flying came in low and smoothly across the horizon, Caltin was not happy about letting himself get pulled away from Chrysa, his wife. It’s funny how these things bothered him more than they used to, but it was a good feeling, this reminded him of why he was a Jedi. It also reminded him that he was allowed to be a person as well now. He was allowed to have a life of his own to live. If he didn’t he would not have finally married Chrysa.

That was neither here nor there though.

That whole broadcast, “Dra Collins, Jedi of the SJC and his ‘apology’” was amusing as heartless and perverse as that may sound. The thought of someone becoming disillusioned at two Jedi in particular long enough to give up on their entire beliefs was all the knowledge that he needed. The reason he was here was because of the residual anger one woman held because she was basically given a free pass through her trials. Should Laertia IO have ever been Knighted in the first place? Maybe, but there was a disconnect in her that unfortunately manifested itself in the war with the Bryn’adul. This was all the work of her and her inorganic cohorts, all to try and destabilize the galaxy because no one wanted to listen to her.

A shame, really.

Who knows, maybe if they had, she would still be among the Order, maybe she would have fallen, maybe she would have risen to even greater heights, none of it mattered right now. It might have been true, there was indeed rioting on Coruscant, Caltin knew this, but when was there not rioting of some kind? The planetary government allowed itself repeatedly to be spread too thin and thus there were the “forgotten levels” who felt that they were not represented, this was always one. Unfortunately, until the people of the center of the universe learn to change about that it won’t change.

Of course, who was to know except the one person who brought all of this on, a woman who herself was so broken, again, we are talking about Laertia, that she will say and do whatever she can to get others to do what she wants. She will continue to do things in ways that are so underhanded, that she can have plausible deniability for their actions, but still be indirectly responsible. That conversation that Caltin had with her that fateful day was proof. He just wanted to hear what the woman had to say but in truth, she would say just about anything just to watch the galaxy burn. She had gotten a hint at the power she did not know that she wanted and it was true that once you get some, you get a taste for it and you will never stop wanting more.
It was disgusting.

So that was why The Starlight Sentinel dropped out of hyperspace a couple of sectors away and a Jedi Interceptor launched out of the one pod on its way to Mek-Sha. This was where the broadcast had come from, this poor soul had committed an unspeakable act against himself in the name of protest but it was (even if unbeknownst to him) at her direction and he needed to be there to put a stop to whatever else she had planned. No one else needed to suffer because of her self-destructive paranoia. “Self-Destructive” because she was going to die by her own hand at some point, which was bad enough, but IO or Xiphos, or whatever she was calling herself since last they spoke wasn’t concerned about who was going down with her.

She may not care, but he did.

One of the unsung great things about the Jedi Interceptor was the socket for an astromech, and thus he had BB-88 with him. It was the astromech that carried the brain of his old droid R2-T3, this new model may not have the memory files but all of the capabilities made for a very capable, more compact model. This, just like previous models allowed the massive Jedi Master to jump out at speed as the ship flew low and roll out of sight as the fighter flew on by.

Cracking his knuckles and his neck, the big guy just checked his lightsabers before slowly making his way. There was somewhere he needed to be, but the feeling he could not shake was something that was more annoying than worrisome. It was as if there were things that he was about to face that were like reliving the past. Almost as if the big man was going to repeat something that put him back in the funk that he was once in. Even if unwittingly.

What he saw, well that was surprising. Valery was face to face with some rioting. Vanagor knew this only because he recognized the signs of subtle differences. That meant to the big man one thing, this fighting inorganic and prodded. There was a fight about to be had, and that was that. Maybe they knew he was there, maybe they did not, but the massive Jedi Master slowly walked toward them, mainly to watch Valery’s back.

TAG: Valery Noble Miranda Io

Miranda Io

The looting continued, but with purpose.

Large objects, such as furniture were used to make makeshift barricades. House Io contacts had made the dangerous journey through the streets to deliver crates of Battle Scout Rifles and the proper Armor Piercing as well as Cryonic 7.62x51 mm Ammo, loaded in en bloc clips, along with scopes

Higher positions had been Fortified with shooters at Miranda's behest. It was her intent to have at least part of this section locked down to protect it from the worst of the ravages of the riots elsewhere. Food from the markets was seized at David's direction and organized and stored away. But for all the obvious crime still being committed, Miranda and David's influence had already started to shave off the worst of it. When Miranda had said that they must be more than looters and vandals she had meant it.

Even House Io did not abide Anarchy of this sort.

Miranda just to be clear, had wondered whether all this, the burning of the Knight, had not been some sort of elaborate Psy-Op on her factions part but Mother swore up and down that this was not the case, even when Miranda had called to ask directly.

Dra Collins had seemingly done this on his own. Caused all this chaos. Miranda, in spite of Dra being a Jedi, and thus a hated enemy of her faction, couldn't help but feel just the tiniest bit of sympathy for the poor man. She wished he had taken a moment to stop, think, recognize Darth Xiphos didn't have to be his enemy (For she welcomed any Jedi that turned their back on their faith as if they had never been at each other's throats, even if she had fought them previously) and sought them out.

What House Io dreamed about, beyond giving The Jedi a well deserved comeuppance, was a world where people, anywhere , could say no to the Jedi Order. The goal was not to destroy, but to punish, to reduce their ability to enforce their code, to make them fight for every centimeter against every people to keep their way of thinking alive.

And in a Galaxy where the Jedi way was ultimately a failure, where so many seemingly normal, otherwise law abiding people had so many reasons to hate instead of respect Jedi, for too many reasons to list in completeness, House Io was starting to find more and more fertile ground to plant it's seeds of division by giving them the will to and the means to resist Jedi influence.

The mob under her direction had started bringing in wounded, so Miranda had called for one of the House Contacts that had been conducting freelance physician work to come in.

The Contact in question, a Medical Nuetralizer Model 1 in a crimson gown with exposed shoulders and arms, styled, chocolate colored hair in Princess Leia type buns had been busily patching up wounds, leaking green tinged fluids from her palm, enzymes that mimicked the effects of Bacta. She had an unnatural precision and grace to her, her skin almost too smooth.

It was downright eerie how efficiently Miranda had taken control of the situation, forbidding further violence against the humans the Mob came across. Even now, she continued to effectively direct members of a Mob slowly becoming more and more organized from a makeshift pulpit, David nearby, silent in his black cloak and mask.

"What does House Io believe in, Lady?" one member of the mob stopped and asked after setting up another street barricade. "They say your master is crazy."

Miranda paused at the question.

"Crazy is a relative term, sir." she explained politely. "If Xiphos is crazy, it's because the Galaxy is crazy. Heck, even what's going on in these streets could qualify if the context wasn't taken into account. Xiphos has done only what was in her means to do or attempt. Have people, innocent people, gotten killed in the process? Absolutely. Good people, too. People who didn't deserve it. But it was either that or allow a situation much worse to happen, other times, it simply couldn't be helped. We fight to win, and we make no apologies for doing what it takes to win. As to what we believe..." Miranda trailed, knowing she had their attention now.

"We believe in freedom of speech, and barring specifically the Jedi or Ashlan Way, freedom of religion, even if you worship The Dark Side or the Light Side. Freedom of the Press. Equal representation under our laws, whether Droid or Organic. The right for every able bodied citizen to bear even the deadliest Personal Weaponry, Freedom from being told what to do by Jedi."

The crowd was listening very closely.

"Freedom to become as strong and as powerful as possible. Freedom to ignore the toy morality of these "peaceful" societies that were happy to let your worlds and families die while they lusted for the death of the Sith Empire, and willingly aided the rise of the NIO, who were so short sighted, never mind the fact they were fixing to become Tyrants themselves, that they were just as happy to let you burn also. House Io does not want you to burn. Just it's enemies. Just the threats to the entire Galaxy..." Miranda continued, observing the way faces changed from disinterest to something approaching fascination.

David stepped forward as more Weaponry was passed out.

"Has anything The Jedi accomplished in recent years made your lives any more worth living?" he asked sincerely. "Have your lives gotten better because of whatever meager presence they have on this station? They can spare a few Knights. Maybe a master or two. They couldn't even be bothered to do that most times when your worlds were getting forcibly terraformed by the Bryn'adul. Their presence here is nothing but an effort to save face with people they know deep down they completely screwed over, for the sake of fighting the Sith. And not only did they not get what they wanted from finishing off the tenth empire, things are worse! Sith are running around like they're at a fething marathon. They didn't crush the Sith at all! They just made it harder to group them all in one spot!"

"House Io wishes to make you strong. Strong enough to fight the sort who ravaged your worlds. Join us, and you become our family. Every Citizen, Droid or Organic, fights alongside the other as though they are blood relatives." Miranda explained.

Last edited:
“The hungry judges soon the sentence sign, and wretches hang that jurymen may dine.” - Alexander Pope

“Here we don’t pray for the weak, we prey on the weak.”

It was obvious what was going on here. All of the rioting, all of the strife, the crime, all of it were those who were indeed left behind. Those who were ruined by what has happened in the galaxy and those who would seek to profit from this. That in itself is what internally sickened him about House IO. No, he did not hate them, in truth, Caltin did not hate anyone. He saw the desire to no longer be oppressed in the Bryn’adul, he saw the desire in the Sith to break free from any bonds they carry and live as they wished. He saw all of that.

He also saw how those primary beliefs were bastardized by the ambitious.

That is what was happening here. Power grabs by local crime syndicates, Mobs looking to swoop in and fill any potential vacuums, all preying on the starvation and general poverty in the area. “Urban Renewal” at its finest. This is the sort of thing that the Jedi were needed for right now in his eyes, maybe today was the beginning of that very thing happening, who knows? As he walked through the streets, staring down any toughs who would try to approach him, grasping the bad intentioned hands of any thugs who would try something dastardly on others, he continued to walk along and look around.

He helped when and where he could. Offering his own credits to those who looked like they needed it, The big man also offered his stature to those who looked like they needed to be reminded that there are those who would stand between them and preying on those who cannot defend themselves. He was not walking charity, no, but he was not going to let people who needed help go unnoticed if he was around.

Perhaps it was Providence, or the Force itself that let him make his way right towards a gathering of townsfolk who were talking to some young woman. She did not look to be someone to whom he would say was… well… she looked “life like” and we’ll leave it at that. It turns out that she was indeed from House Io and was conducting some sort of impromptu Q&A. The questions seemed to be generic and she seemed to stay on message, so for the moment he waited for Valery Noble Valery Noble , and stood in the background. There was a Nautolen not far away trying to ask a question.

Ask her “Why all the violence? If her house believes in such things, why not be the example they want you to see? Why the targeted violence? Public executions or slaughter? Doesn’t that destroy the message they are trying to convey?”

Maybe this girl was smart enough to pick up that this gentleman who was about to ask her that series of questions was being prodded, maybe not, but it was valid. You could commit a thousand wonderfully charitable acts, and if you kill one innocent then you will only be remembered as “a killer.”

She was no different at the core to what was going on around this station, maybe she was not as violent as others, but this girl was preying on the hopes and pains of those who needed some kind of hope. False hope was one of the worst atrocities one can be given and House Io was giving it out in spades. Or so it seems at least for the moment.

TAG: Valery Noble Miranda Io

resonant-staff-hilt-lit-6.png

"Vanguard" (Secondary - Long Handle)
3ghxt5m3VSQQ1CPIzBGpAJo-jD3AAI6kKb9mG817lp06_6220Q0UlGavOUW9Viv1XNBuoIvInRj4hif18YHgPNXOJjfyn_recaaJLC3RiHe26rW4q-gWgTKkrF1iIB_PYWVzuiN_

"CONSERVATOR" (Primary - Long Handle)
HK-88 Robes, Battle Armor,Toraynor-Henkan(mind crystal added) Advanced Jedi Utility Belt
Starship: Spectre, (Jedi Interceptor in the hangar, Dilorian, and Bike both in the cargo bay, the late Karki Eusith's Armor, Shield, Temple Guard Lightsaber mounted on the wall)
Sanctuary Island

Miranda Io

Miranda paused as Caltin Vanagor Caltin Vanagor posed the prompted questions.

"Laertia once thought such things. But she soon realized such an argument only benefits those who stand to lose everything from being targeted. She tried to talk it out, at first, tried to reason with The Jedi. Tried to appeal to their sense of compassion where all of the people currently in this predicament were concerned. She tried to convince them. She tried until the very last minute. But all her protests, all her reasoning fell on deaf ears. She was expected to simply take the Barash Vow, a disgraceful cop-out that said she was to basically stay out of the Order's way if she wouldn't fall in line and aid them in a pointless war. The only lesson she learned from that is violence is preferable to letting people she knew were wrong doom the Galaxy." Miranda responded patiently and politely to him. "Too many forget that Laertia never wanted to rebel. And if they had done their duty as Jedi, which was to protect as many innocent people as was within their power, with every fiber of their being, a task they willfully discarded to fight the Sith, Laertia would have been happy to remain and die a nobody Jedi Shadow amongst them. Instead, when faced with the choice of standing aside or standing up for what she believed in, she chose the latter, even if it meant seeking the help of the very Sith cult that butchered her Jedi parents and devoured their souls."

A few people went utterly wide eyed at this.

"Why would she seek their help?" a man in the crowd asked.

"If she truly believed the Jedi and Sith had to team up for survival, than she was going to set the example by reaching out to those she had every reason to try and exterminate." David explained. "Even Thurion Heavenshield Thurion Heavenshield thought so at one point--he got desperate enough to team up with Carnifex to try and buy his world time."

"If Sith Space fell, the Bryn'adul would have swooped right in, and more planets would have been under threat of extermination. Remember, The SJC and GA lost virtually every conflict they had with the Bryn'adul, save for a few critical battles. Nothing less than maximum violence was acceptable to delay the collapse of Sith Space for as long as possible, for it acted as a buffer. A crumbling buffer, but a buffer all the same." David also added stepping forward. "And if Sith Space had fallen, how long would it have been before the CIS, which was also run by a Sith, was targeted by these short sighted governments? How much more bloodshed would have occured had these governments, which were all steadfastly pursuing the Sith while ignoring the fact that the Bryn'adul had killed more societies in a single year than the Empire had in ten, managed to be within striking distance after felling the Sith, all the while giving the Bryn'adul more and more chances to shore up and reinforce their expanding borders?"

"Targeted violence, slaughter, and massacres have their uses." Miranda added, stepping forward and speaking somewhat louder, showing she wasn't afraid to address hard questions like that. "Or the GA wouldn't have launched not one, but three separate invasions of Ziost, expending countless lives and Jedi as well to seize that pile of chit, and lost at all three attempts. Ask the Ashlan's if public execution destroys the message they are trying to convey."

"All those Soldiers who died, those ships destroyed... would they not have been better spent trying to save at least one of these people's worlds? House Io has every right to use those same methods the major factions use and worse for the sake of not just securing a future for our Citizens, whether by the knife or by the pen, but by helping them avenge themselves on those responsible." David asserted, removing his mask and robes, revealing his nature as a Model 1 to unsettled gasps amongst the crowd at his design, modeled after a human skeleton. "And that will require violence. Targeted or otherwise. Public Execution to make examples of the perpetrators of the madness that murdered your old lives. If the message is 'We will build our future, a glorious future on top of the bones of those who left us to the mercies of the Bryn'adul or whoever else the Jedi could have stopped but didn't', than I think 'The Message' is on point."

"We're not trying to win over those who will stand by the Jedi no matter how wrong they are, or how evil their decision was that resulted in nearly all of these people ending up here." Miranda explained, gesturing to the streets beyond now in flames in some sections, the rioters they had gotten under control being organized by the Medical Nuetralizer to put out the fires and rescue the injured in between actually treating them. "We're trying to convince the ones who had everything to gain from the Jedi setting aside their urge to destroy the Sith, to see the bigger picture and stop a plague from ravaging every planet it came across. A plague of a society that had no use for anyone or anything that wasn't them. The people who see the Jedi as we know them to be."

"What about all the thousands of innocent people that died when she blasted out the engines of the world ship the Maw were using?! Where was House Io's concern for innocent life then?" another woman in the crowd asked.

"You mean the World Ship which was coordinating thousands of slaving and Military Operations across the Galaxy, a place so steeped in madness and blood that prisoners were captured, tortured into servitude and madness, or sacrificed in horrifically painful ways by Maw priests on a daily basis?" Miranda asked softly. "A place that was deliberately used to bait the CIS forces into an attack by using all the slaves aboard as shields to prevent it from being shot at? Which forced the CIS to attempt a poorly thought out rescue mission, which held all the forces it brought to Rhand long enough for the Maw to bring a reserve fleet and try to entrap them? The same World Ship that, when it was destroyed, crippled Maw slave driving efforts across whole systems for months on an almost endemic basis and forced them to resort to vat grown slaves for heavy labor?"

"My creator will freely admit that she's a mass murderer. But that's war. It's messy and unpleasant. If there had been a better way, she would have taken it. But all the other ways involved letting that thing escape and continue to cause evil and suffering on a nearly unimaginable scale..." David interjected. "Plus, it was an important symbol of Maw Power. And it was minutes from escaping into hyperspace when Xiphos decided it couldn't be allowed to. But that doesn't make Rhand any less of a tragedy. Because that's how ruthless the Maw is. So you have to be just as ruthless in response."

"We're not offering a Utopia...you will struggle, if you join us. We are simply offering the means for you to seize control, and carve out a future...even if you gotta go through others, make a few bodies to do it. The other factions will offer heavy handed moralizing for why they do what we wanna do." Miranda said quietly, addressing the whole crowd. "Our position is absolutely self centered as all hell. But no more self centered than that of the other factions. But at least we have the guts to admit it, to say the quiet part out loud. And isn't that what everyone here is doing, finally admitting that they don't like how dirty they were done by the Jedi? Finally admitting your actual feelings towards their choices? Or did I hallucinate the Dead Jedi I saw in the streets?"

Appearance: Link
Outfit: Factory Link
Weapon:
Valery Noble's Lightsabers
Ship: Link
Tag: Miranda Io Miranda Io Caltin Vanagor Caltin Vanagor

While Valery listened to the questions from the crowd and answers that were being offered, she could only frown. Miranda knew what information to feed these people to rally them up against the Jedi — past mistakes made, personal encounters and promises that House IO offered the solution to this supposed problem. The people on Meh-Sha had often lived far beyond the true influence of the Jedi as well, and many were in poverty or scared of the brutal criminals that wandered this asteroid.

They were far easier to convince that someone was to blame for it all.

Finally though, right as she felt the familiar presence of Caltin Vanagor Caltin Vanagor somewhere, Valery lowered her hood and spoke up herself,
"Don't you all see what she's doing?" she allowed the question to linger for a moment, and looked around as eyes were likely going to be drawn to her. Even with the hood down, Valery didn't really pop out as a Jedi, unless someone were to recognize her.

"Your problems are complex, and can't be blamed on one single entity. The Jedi have made mistakes in the past, as she pointed out," she looked briefly in Miranda's direction, "But we all have, and the intent of the Jedi and many other groups in the Galaxy have at least always been to help others. Not to mindlessly slaughter and fight brutal destruction with the same ferocity. The Brotherhood of the Maw's evil is a terrible thing to the Galaxy, but their savagery is no reason to surrender yourself to the same behavior."

"You only risk losing what distinguishes you from them, especially if you rally behind the idea that one of the few groups who actually try to help others is the problem."

“But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such government, and to provide new guards for their future security.” - Excerpt from the US Declaration of Independence.

Still the same old argument. Justify horrific acts with “no one would listen so I’m making them listen.” At least this one figured out that the Nautolan that Caltin had prompted into asking the questions in his place was doing so by proxy, so “she” might prove to be someone who could actually see past their own noses. However the naivete was something that he could not get past because it was too similar to arguments he had seen and even had been involved in previously.

The Barash vow is a misnomer. If she took the vow it was of her own volition and not a punishment. If the Jedi were as corrupt as you would be led to believe then her connection to the Force would have been severed outright. There are Masters in this galaxy capable of this. If your Master never wanted to rebel, then she would not have rebelled, it is as simple as that. This is not a matter of “despotism” on the part of the Jedi, or standing up against an all consuming Empire. She branched out on her own.

He let the other one talk all he wanted to, it was more of the same. More justification for extremist actions and behavior, sad really, and what was worse was that there was more of it going on around him as those who were desperate seemed to be eating this up. Of course it all went back to that conversation he had with Darth Xiphos on that fateful day, she was officially shunned by the Silver Order and there was meant to be a bit of a reckoning. That did not come about and frankly it was not something he wanted to argue as Caltin did not involve himself in that. He took what she gave him and vice versa. She wanted someone to hear her, and she got it, Though to be sure, it was probably too little too late at that point.

Then the observation about slaughter having its uses. What? If anything was going to get him going, it was that. If ever there was something that was so out of whack and had so little to do with any validity to an argument it really made him cringe to think about. As if there really was anything to justify when it came to public slaughter. Even the observation about the Bryn’adul and standing together against them.

So, your Master publicly tortures and executes those… actually anyone and that is okay? I was willing to give you those points up until that. Public execution. Public torture justify nothing. You, for whatever reason it may be, even if well intentioned, are justifying the very despotism that your Master claims the Jedi are indeed guilty of, specifically the Silver Concord. No amount of comparisons, like religious zealots of a Galactic government that sees their Order as more of a military branch will change that.

His arms were no longer folded over each other at this point, Caltin’s hands were now down to their sides. This “debate” was something he had seen many times and he was not going to make any moves just yet. The massive Jedi Master was going to let these two individuals verbally paint themselves into a corner as they were already well on their way to doing so. They clearly wanted Mek-Sha for some reason, be it a refueling station, or rally-point or whatever, it didn’t matter. What he was looking for was exactly what they were heading to.

You’re not looking to “win anyone over”, you are looking to basically “offer protection.” An old tactic. You talk a nice game about “protecting your citizens,” but how many of them are truly given a choice to follow your lead that does not include “... if you don’t join us… this is going to happen…” or something along those lines. Your Master claims that she is fighting a war. Is it the war of these people? The people of Naboo? Ord Mantell? Sev Tok? Empress Teta?

There was little point to any more of this. It was childish.

You may be well intentioned. However there comes a time when you realize that burning a village down, and the forest around it, poisoning the drinking water, toxifying the ground and setting the air on fire does not save it. Jedi have their flaws, but we put the lives of others over our own. Always have, always will. Regardless of how thankless it is.

TAG: Miranda Io Miranda Io Valery Noble Valery Noble

resonant-staff-hilt-lit-6.png

"Vanguard" (Secondary - Long Handle)
3ghxt5m3VSQQ1CPIzBGpAJo-jD3AAI6kKb9mG817lp06_6220Q0UlGavOUW9Viv1XNBuoIvInRj4hif18YHgPNXOJjfyn_recaaJLC3RiHe26rW4q-gWgTKkrF1iIB_PYWVzuiN_

"CONSERVATOR" (Primary - Long Handle)
HK-88 Robes, Battle Armor,Toraynor-Henkan(mind crystal added) Advanced Jedi Utility Belt
Starship: Spectre, (Jedi Interceptor in the hangar, Dilorian, and Bike both in the cargo bay, the late Karki Eusith's Armor, Shield, Temple Guard Lightsaber mounted on the wall)
Sanctuary Island

Miranda Io

"Not everyone, Master Vanagor. Just the ones who allowed The Bryn'adul to get so far, and that is still The Jedi Order." Miranda replied to Caltin Vanagor Caltin Vanagor , at last recognizing his profile from her database.

"We don't offer protection. We offer training. To any single refugee who whoever else got screwed over by the Jedi." David added "No one is under any obligation to join us. We won't do a thing to them if they refuse. And our Citizens are free to pursue whatever their fancy as long as they are loyal and fight for us when called to. Nothing the Order has done at Mek-Sha has made a single bit of difference. If it had, you wouldn't be facing this riot, and your members wouldn't be getting killed in its streets. It wasn't even us who stoked this. One of your own realized how full of chit the Order was."

"What's being nice and polite and civilized the way this Jedi would prefer gotten you? This..." Miranda stated flatly, sweeping her hand through the destruction of the city. A building got set ablaze in the distance.

"It got your planets destroyed and possessions obliterated. Forced to run here because there was no other place you could afford. Living with the nightmares, while The Jedi get to indulge their feuds instead of doing their job. They get all the fame, the accolades, the respect and awe of the stupid while you all suffer in this pit for their Fanaticism." David spat, the silvery skeleton of a Droid watching as his words had an effect on many, who started glaring at the two Jedi. Some started to silently adjust the position they held their weapons in, only for David to discretely stop them with a small hand gesture.

"They left your worlds to the Mercy of the Lobsters. Now because one of their own is probably gonna die, and you have all made such a fuss about it they couldn't half-ass it the way they usually do in this place, only now do they bother to address you directly.

"We'll give you the means to oppose them. Actively and vigorously. Whether you ever decide to become a Citizen or not, this House extends open training on how to oppose and kill Force Users of any stripe. And if you decide you like what we offer, it'll be solely your decision to fully join with us." David thundered, vocabulator loud enough to carry. "This Jedi blathers on about burned villages and forests! Of poisoned Air and Water and Earth! All of which has already happened to you!

The crowd went very silent suddenly, contemplating this.

"These Jedi have nothing to offer you but their blade tip if you won't end what's going on here on their terms. Their terms will leave Mek-Sha the same. And you'll still be getting lectures like that in being the better person, while the gangs and their Masters laugh at the status quo being preserved again..." Miranda asked. "Does anyone here want Mek-Sha the same as it was, especially if it means having to listen to them?!"

That question got a whole lot more of the crowd on her side. A bunch of weapons were immediately trained on Vanagor and Noble.

"I say Mek-Sha is long overdue for a deliberate purging of its criminal element." Miranda exclaimed as one tossed her a DC-15A.

"YEAH!" a large as hell amount of the mob shouted.

"I don't believe too many people here care what the Jedi think right now..." she said to them both. "Maybe you should both space off and let these people do what none of the Jedi had the guts to do before about this place."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom