Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Coruscant: Please Take My Money [Galactic Alliance, corporations, interested organizations]

[member="Mara D'Lessio Merrill"]

Miz Merrill,

You certainly gave me a brief chuckle. The irony is certainly there, in light of what has happened in the past. Be as it may, it is good that the private sector is coming together to do all it can.

I am prepared to offer that fuel discount to all corporations who will participate in Coruscant's rebuilding and humanitarian aid. I am still in the midst of completing reconstruction efforts in Corellia, but if required, I can make a personal attendance if necessary. With Arceneau Trade having the flexibility of moving in and out of various territories, the offer of utilizing a convoy of Arceneau's merchant fleet with those other companies may prove useful in lowering the risk of delay or attack.

For any other need, please do not hesitate to ask.

Best Regards,

Danger Arceneau

[member="Danger Arceneau"]

Ms. Arceneau-

That last offer of yours might solve a problem, come to think of it. I was just speaking with [member="Sor-Jan Xantha"] of Corellia Digital. He's spearheading telecommunications infrastructure reconstruction, but he's based on Drall, in the Corellian system. Coruscant's liberation has just put a hostile border between Corellia and his production center. I have every faith that he can figure out how to deal with that particular obstacle, but he might be in a position where using ATC for shipping could ease his way.

Again, thank you. The progress we've seen just today has been incredible. I'd almost say unprecedented -- I've rarely seen so much altruism from some of the corners of the galaxy that are responding right now. It makes me wonder what else we could accomplish once, say, Corellia is liberated. I've been to that system and seen the exemplary efforts you've made. It might be that the near future will let us go even farther.

[member="Mara D'Lessio Merrill"],

As majority share holder in Bantam Cooperative Unlimited I would like to offer our current store of unsold food stuffs from the agro world of Biitu at cost. As this is a cooperative I can not offer any more of a discount as the profits of each sale go to the villages and farmers directly. I apologize at present we have no way to transport this food to coruscant so my offer also comes with the the catch that you will need to provide shipping arrangements too. Please reply at your convenience if this offer is acceptable so we can make the needed arrangements for transport.

Sincerely,
Bryce Bantam

No problem, dear. That's what I'm here for. Happy to help. I'll be sending the freighters and replicators your way. We used the ARGH gear extensively during the Eldorai Exodus from Kaeshana, and can more than confirm the devices meet expectations. I'll also send along techs to operate them.

I've just spoken with the Eldorai Queen and she's agreed to have Church provide Healers, per your terms. Nice work on the Force nexus by the way. I remember the Ankarres Sapphire well from Kaas. You're doing good work out there. Take care and feel free to call any time.

Best wishes,
Siobhan

Conveniently, Star Queen Tirathana VII was also High Priestess of Ashira. The Old Guard in the clergy would sulk, but they tended to do that anyway and their claims would be dismissed. Suffice to say, help from the Firemane family and the Space Elves would be coming to Coruscant.

Miz Merrill,

We've come far in Corellia, and now with Coruscant I am also curious just what the future will bring.

With Arceneau Trade at the forefront of the reconstruction efforts in Corellia, shipments from that sector to the Core worlds are common place. It wouldn't seem out of place for them to continue. Corellia Digital would be more than welcomed to utilize the established convoys with Arceneau Trade ships for their use.

No need for thanks. We all do what we can. It is the least we can do.

[member="Bryce Bantam"]

Bryce-

We don't know each other too well, but Beyyr speaks well of you. Thanks for your help on this.

I've spoken with three shipping outfits - Arceneau, Firemane, and Star Tours -- and all are willing to help with shipping relief supplies. The first two are Big Names, as I'm sure you're aware, and hitching your star to them would benefit your operation. That said, Star Tours is definitely the 'hungriest' of the three, so it would probably give you some pretty decent terms and personalized support. Couldn't say for sure, of course; I don't normally deal in shipping. You may want to shop around and figure out who's most convenient to your world, which I'm afraid I'm not especially familiar with. Once you get to Coruscant, I've got all kinds of security and distribution arrangements ready to go. That end of things is totally taken care of, though I suppose no plan survives contact with the real world.

Best wishes,

Mara Merrill

The transport Ria was on had hit some sort of, 'space pocket.' Jolting the young slicer from her sleep, she hit her head on the overhead compartment, grumbling she put a hand to the sore part of her head and then noticed her tablet. Which had somehow managed to stay right where it was, blinking with a notification. She had received a reply of sorts from Mara. Money was good, money was always good and this would help Ria to further establish her Runner's networks throughout the planet and get rid of any old Sith tech that might still be around. So she typed out a response to Mara, in gratitude.

Mara,

Still on transport, but once I get to Coruscant. I'll hit the ground running, and install some new lines for you. Pretty sure you're not gonna want any old Sith wires and cables hanging around. I'll get in touch with a few friends to help out as well, and the KOSAS thanks you for your charitable donation. We'll put it to good use to help develop and manage our teams on Coruscant and Naboo.

Thanks,

Ria.

In short, Ria was more than confident in her abilities to set up underground roads in and around Coruscant, she could also connect back to lines on Naboo. Providing the Alliance, and more over the Underground room to move and breathe. Information was worth both time and money, and as a slicer that information was her business. Additionally, she could create Runner hubs, safe houses, and havens to help keep the bands of merry men safe and sound. Give them a place to train, officially. KOSAS would be providing your basic infrastructure needs, cables, network lines, and installing software, surveillance, alarm systems and little things of that nature - the little things that most people tend to overlook.

The transport was nearing Naboo, but it would still be another hour on this blasted thing. Ria just hoped that if they were going to hit anymore 'space pockets,' that they'd be gentle.

[member="Danger Arceneau"] ,

I'm contacting yous today in regards to the humanitarian issue on Coruscant. As you are our main transport and market partner it has come to my attention you have also pledged your companies services to the relief efforts. Ms [member="Mara D'Lessio Merrill"] has purchased some seven hundred thousand tons of foodstuffs form BCU but as present we have no way to transport it to Coruscant. Any arrangements that you can offer to facilitate this would be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,
Bryce Bantam

[member="Kaili Talith"]

Kay-

The shield generator was you? Nice work. I was off at the old Temple site, the Valley of Dark Lords, with half a dozen Jedi Masters staring at my butt. Basically, I was a shiny tour guide. That stupid tabloid Burlap Brigade already ran a picture of me in an Iron Skin bodysuit -- called it 'combat spandex.' Bless their hearts.

So to business. Yeah, I'm willing to throw a stupid amount of money at you to make droids. Heuristic construction droids that can adapt to different building surfaces, strip out the right amount of rubble, predict long-term stability, detect and maybe remove hiding lifeforms -- basically, we need to build on top of pre-existing things, because it's Coruscant. Stripping it all down to ground level normally isn't going to be an option.

I know that's a real tall order, but you've always specialized in clever droids. Let me know if it's feasible. If it's not, let me know that too.

-Em

Mara-

Oh man, that gave me a good laugh. I checked the Burlap Brigade’s recent sales numbers and if it’s of any consolation to you they had a slight increase of sales for men between ages sixteen and twenty-four the second that cover photo hit the shelves. I mean, it’s no hull breach, but I believe that once again your butt has saved a few dozen lives. Even if said lives belonged to scum-sleazing men and women who objectifies everything in their paths, but still; good on you.

On to business, I guess.

As luck would have it, I too in return am willing to accept a stupid amount of money to make droids. Heureka construction droids sound just like the kind of thing that I should be doing right now, and I graciously accept the challenge to blow your mind away. As per usual, give me a few days and I will get back to you.

And while I’m at it, I am thinking they should be pink.

Or chrome.

Chrome and pink, yes? You'll see.

- KT

[member="Kaili Talith"]

Hey, that was your butt that sealed the breach. Mine remained tastefully clothed and not at all explosively decompressed, unless you count two-for-one night at Taco Hutt.

Oh, and since I know you handle the design more than the production side of things, I pulled a couple strings at Silk. They're willing to produce whatever droid you design for this, in basically any quantity you think is appropriate. A handful of people over there like your work, and I'm signing their paychecks on this one, so yeah. You design it, Silk will build it, and your construction droids will be all over the fething planet in fairly short order. Sound like a plan to you?

Also, any idea how your brother's doing? I heard he was part of the invasion but not what he did or how he ended up. Let me know if you hear anything, k?

-Em

Ms. [member="Mara D'Lessio Merrill"],

I have been made aware of the Alliance’s victory over the Sith on Coruscant, you have my personal congratulations. Reports say it was a particularly bloody fight with a lot of wounded on both the combatant as well as the civilian-side. Iron Crown is able to supply you with bacta tanks to help with the wounded.

We also own substantial yards over the world that have managed to escape most of the Sith’s scorched earth tactics. I am sure we can temporarily open them up for any and all refugees, help with supply transportation and the like. Repair and refitting will be supplied at a discount as well.

Let me know if there is anything more Iron Crown Enterprises can do for you, the Alliance and the people of Coruscant.

Darell Irani

Noah Corek

Cocked, Locked and a Smoking Barrel
Factory Judge

Dear Miss Merrill

I won't bother explaining who exactly I am since I doubt your father hasn't mentioned me. So I'm going to skip to the point. I want to help rebuild Coruscant to it's former glory and as a sign of defiance against the One Sith. I'm already coordinating with senior members of the Pyre to get a permanent Pyre ground force established on the planet as well as a Pyre FLEETCOM Task Force and orbital defense stations put into orbit around the planet. Not only that but I'm willing to donate as many personnel, weapons, armor, vehicles and credits into getting Coruscant rebuilt as I can seeing as it is my homeworld and been my family's homeworld since before the Mandalorian Wars this is a very personal endeavor for me.

Sincerely, Colonel Noah C. Corek V

P.S. If you wouldn't mind can you please inform your father that my R&D team has been working on a few projects that may prove to be a valuable asset for our mutual friends.

[member="Darell Irani"]

They knew each other in passing, from the Foundation Trust and Iron Crown's leadership, but she'd generally been a silent partner.

Mr. Irani,

Congratulations accepted, and my thanks for your generosity. Your shipyard offer dovetails nicely with Arceneau's provision of orbital staging facilities. You may also want to coordinate with Omega Pyre, which is handling a good portion of the security responsibilities for the relief efforts.

Your offer of bacta tanks is ideal. Silk and PharmaTech are providing a good deal of bacta and medical supplies, but more tanks would be appreciated. I'm told that Star Tours is making a purchasing run to Verkuyl as we speak, in search of bacta tanks. If you could see your way clear to giving them a discount on my tab, that would be appreciated. If you happen to ship your own contributions around the time the Star Tours ships leave Verkuyl, perhaps you could set up some kind of convoy arrangement through the fringes of the Unknown Regions.

Thank you,

Mara Merrill

She was still settling in her role as the new emissary for Akure.

It mostly meant more paperwork, followed by signatures and occasionally appearing before a board of directors that wanted to know why their profits had increased by three point six percent, instead of the approximated four percent. It was boring, sure, but it was also endlessly fascinating for a mind that soaked up knowledge like a sponge. Even the tedious and the dry was approached with the meticulous curiosity of a woman whose mind had been nurtured by the greatest scientists and alchemists this galaxy had to offer.

But in this instance, it gave Ceri an opportunity to do actual good. Instead of just signing papers.

A letter was written to [member="Mara D'Lessio Merrill"]

Ms Merrill,

Congratulations on the Alliance’s victory on Coruscant. I have recently been appointed in a leading position on the board of the Akure Executive Interstellar and, now, see an opportunity to have AEI provide some aid to those who need it.

It’s not a secret that the One Sith ran rampant with their experiments, uncontrolled Sithspawn roaming Coruscant, Sith Temples corrupting all in their proximity, very undisciplined.

AEI is in the unique position to assist the Alliance in containing these threats, we have already done this for the Mandalorians on Dromund Kaas, for instance. We can provide experienced non-forcer handlers, ysalamiri and droids to contain and isolate the threats.

Let me know if this is acceptable for you.

Cerita Sarova

[member="Noah Corek"] was quite correct. Mara had grown up on stories of the old days: Jorus, Corek, Kerrigan, Sarge, Cater and the rest of the old Omega crew. She remembered how overjoyed her father had been a few years back when Corek had donated his overstock to the Underground. Reliable H&K slugthrowers had been the cargo of choice for gunrunning operations, and Underground cells used them all across the galaxy.

Colonel Corek-

Many thanks for your help in this. I spoke with Potteiger recently and contracted the Pyre for security operations here, so I'm glad you're in the loop.

I can definitely find a use for your armor, weapons, and vehicles. We're trying all kinds of avenues to build local capacity -- militias, new security forces, looting reduction, etc.

I'll tell my father about your research successes; he'll be very pleased. He's still camped out in the Kathol Outback, doing what he does, and he could use all the help he can get.

[member="Cerita Sarova"]

Cerita-

Thank you for the offer, and it's a fascinating one. I've seen firsthand how good AEI is at containing Dark Side sites and Sithspawn. I hesitate for two reasons. For one, thanks to my aunt, the galaxy tends to associate AEI with the Dark Side, and the Galactic Alliance has zero tolerance for Darksiders. For another thing, many of those temples are now national security sites under the direct control of the Galactic Alliance, and I have no wish to step on their toes.

In the meantime, though, my associates need to be insulated from Dark Side sites and creatures, and even the occasional Sith. I've contracted Omega Pyre for the creatures and the Sith, but the sites are your specialty. I know you have non-Force-sensitive personnel and access to ysalamiri. I feel comfortable contracting with you to park some ysalamiri over the nastier leftovers while you or I sort out more permanent possibilities with the Galactic Alliance leadership.

[member="Bryce Bantam"]

Mr. Bantam,

It would be a pleasure to provide you transports for your goods to Coruscant. Tell me, where are you located and I can review our current trade routes and provide transport. With several trade stations, it shouldn't be difficult to come up with a plan that would provide the safest and fastest method of travel.

Best Regards,

Danger Arceneau

Noah Corek

Cocked, Locked and a Smoking Barrel
Factory Judge

Noah smiled at the message he had received in return and then began to type another message that was a lot more encrypted.

Mara

Listen Mara I don't know if you father has told you or not but the Underground had to work with some less than reputable resistance groups on Coruscant and some of the weapons that I supplied fell into some very dangerous hands. Swoop gangs, criminal syndicates, extremist groups and some people who could be classified as just a step below the One Sith in evil factor. I'd feel personally responsible if Alliance soldiers, Pyre Contractors or, force forbid, innocents got hurt by these people using my weapons. Luckily me and your father were smart enough to make lists of these people and the number of weapons we gave them and as soon as I arrive on planet with the first detachment of Pyre troops our first job is going to be rooting these people out and making sure they can't do anything. What I need though is as much info as you can gather on these people, while the GA and Pyre intel services are good they are nothing compared to the Underground and you Merrill's. That's about it though.

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
[member="Elaine Thul"]
CC: [member="Marcello Matteo"]

Lady Thul:

During our initial meetings in Theed, we arranged for the Royal Security Force and Theed Hangar's security personnel to train alongside your excellent commandos. A situation has developed which offers an alternative.

In solidarity with the Galactic Alliance, Theed Hangar is dispatching a contingent of Theed guards and other personnel to Coruscant. Our personnel will be tasked with securing the old site of the Naboo embassy, and using it as a distribution point for relief supplies. I'm told that the embassy site is not far from your troops' positions, and that you've been contracted to help train local security forces. I suspect our goals align to the point where our contingents could support each other in their respective tasks.

The Naboo guards will be arriving in the Coruscant system within two days. They are traveling aboard an Indispensable-class elite modular transport packed with construction equipment. The vessel is called the Lake Country Refuge. It will be docking at the Arceneau Trade station over Coruscant, then landing on a reinforced docking pad not far from your soldiers.

Best wishes,

Lady Cardei
Theed Palace Space Vessel Engineering Corps
Royal Hangar, Theed Palace
Naboo

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom