Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Coruscant: Please Take My Money [Galactic Alliance, corporations, interested organizations]

[member="Mara D'Lessio Merrill"]

Ms. Merrill,

What a momentous occasion, and one that reaches all our hearts - I was attached to Coruscant's defenses as a young man, and lived there through the bulk of my school years. It is second in my heart only to Alderaan. But let me cut to the chase.

Incom is willing to aid in the rebuilding of public transportation on Coruscant, in the form of hovertrains and other needs, and with the cooperation of the appropriate outfit (should you be able to point me in the right direction) route infrastructure, and so on. Eriadu will provide individuals for city planning and governmental advisement, in part tied to Incom's involvement, and anywhere else such expertise may be needed.

If there is any other niche in which I can be of assistance, please do advise me to that end.

Sincerely,

Kelly Johnathan Perris
CEO, Incom Corporation
Govenor of Eriadu

[member="Noah Corek"]

I've been on a few of those gun runs, Colonel Corek, and you'd be surprised how many of those swoop gangs and undesirables overlap with our Underground cells. Some of the Underground's best raids on Coruscant have come about because of underworld connections. So you'll need to use some delicacy here. The best I can do is to put you in touch with the leaders of a few influential cells. I've attached their comm information.

[member="Kelly Perris"]

Mara's response was suitably formal. It read, in part:

...and so public transportation is one aspect of the infrastructure that has yet to be addressed with any degree of focus. Incom's proposal and Eriadu's offer couldn't come at a better time. I'd strongly suggest talking to [member="Sor-Jan Xantha"], whose company, Corellia Digital, is spearheading the restoration of communications infrastructure. You two know your business, and I'm certain you could find productive ways to synergize your efforts.

Titan

[member="Mara D'Lessio Merrill"], though I did not participate in the liberation of courascant. Reports of it being freed from Sith hands have reached my ears, though my company produces mutnitions it will donate 5,000,000 credits to help relocate the victims of the battle as well as help them live. In addition we are are sending 4 Redundant-class frigates filled with supplies to he system to help feed the victims as well as house them while the reconstruction is going on. We will also provide weapons do the local military and police forces. As well as star fighters o the local Planetary Defense Force.

Sincerely,

Abraxis, CEO of Concordia Crescent Technologies.

cc: [member="Mara D'Lessio Merrill"]
Dear [member="Ajira Cardei"]

That is an excellent suggestion, and I have taken residence in old Alderaan embassy. I have weapons and armour being brought to here, to help equip the new militia forces. Any help would be gratefully received from naboo, and if you could have look at my current veting procedure and training plan. Then give me any feedback or thoughts on the matter, I would be most grateful in matter.

Recruitment and selection criteria
1: DNA taken to make sure they are who they say they are
2: Four references to make sure they are of good character (Also these would be checked by personal, to make sure the sith not trying to create a fifth column)
3: A basic medical, to make sure they are fit enough to carry out there duties without much PE.
4: A basic level entry exam, to make sure they are bright enough to do the job.
5: An interview to make sure they are right person (Though for now, anyone who passes the other four would have to do some stupid to be rejected.)

Training plan, before going out
1: First aid
2: Basic combat skills
3: Equipment training
4: how to use a holo communications properly
5: Crowd control techniques
6: Securing an area

Further Training
1: Basic law enforcement skills
2: Improving Combats skills
​3: Detective work
4: Securing a crime scenes
5: Conflict management courses

If there is anything you think I should add, or amend please don't hesitate in telling me.

Yours Sincerely Elaine Thul

Ms. Merrill,

Glad to be of assistance in such a crucial area. Also, thanks for the tip. I'll get in touch with Mr. Xantha and see what we can do for the people of Coruscant.

Kelly Perris

---------------------

[member="Sor-Jan Xantha"]

Mr. Xantha,

Merrill has pointed me in your direction, vis-à-vis infrastructure efforts. I'm told your outfit is handling communications. Between Incom and the Eriadu government, I'm handling public transportation, city planning, and governmental advisement. Seems our efforts could run together. Let me know your thoughts.

Kelly Johnathan Perris
CEO, Incom Corporation
Govenor of Eriadu

TMI, Mara. TMI.

Anyway, yeah that sounds okay with me as long as I get to keep some of the rights to the designs I draw up for myself in the end. I don’t mean for that to come off all high and mighty, but I am taking some extra precautions just in case Silk would get any funny ideas with what I create. You know me and who I am. Call it a (most likely) unhealthy obsession with keeping my own creations under the control of me and myself. I just want to know that in the end these droids won’t get repurposed once they have done what was expected of them. I will not tolerate them being used for anything other than relief efforts.

I know that might be a lot to ask for, but I need that reassurance. From you, or anyone else. I need to know that my creation — children, if you want to get really creepy about it — won’t be used for anything… Nefarious or morally unsound.

As for Micah, well…

He’s dead. Sorry.

Yeah, no, I didn’t think you’d buy that. Micah is alright, he was by my side during the attack on the shield generator along with Vexen. Really, everything had gone really smooth until it didn’t go very smooth anymore. Sith shot at us, we fought back, won the day and I had to carry Micah back to base. You know, the usual.

… You didn’t buy that either, did you?

- KT

[member="Abraxis"]

Now this was interesting. A Mandalorian weapons manufacturer donating funds and supplies? Mara confessed she felt some trepidation: her experiences with Mandalorians had been bloody and unpleasant. But money was money and food was food. And if this turned out to be some kind of complex trick, well, that was what Omega Pyre and the other security companies were for. She didn't feel any particular Force-related unease about this, either, not that receptivity to inspiration was a strength of hers.
Mr. Abraxis-

Thank you for your generosity. Relocation and life support funds are sorely needed, and your shipments of relief supplies will be most welcome. Since surface landing space for large starships is limited, I'd suggest offloading in orbit. There are several large space facilities that can provide support, shuttles, etc., including the Iron Crown shipyards and the Arceneau trade station.

Thank you again,

Mara Merrill

***​
[member="Kaili Talith"]

You butt.

And yes, of course you'd keep the rights, and those usage restrictions are right up Silk's alley. I'll make it happen.

You're still a butt.

Matreya

//
TO: Whom it Concerns

I am Valashu Elahad, owner of Merr-Sonn Inc, and I am transferring 15 million credits, as well as sending some of my brightest minds to assist in helping rebuild the planet of Coruscant. The only thing I ask for in return is the freedom to rebuild my structures topside.

You may make request if it is felt they will benefit you more.
-V. Elahad
//

A great battle had taken place in the center of the galaxy. As a result some powers fell and other rose. Armis cared nothing for those powers but he did care about the people. There would be looting, there would be rioting. Innocent people would be taken advantage of. That Armis could not and would not permit.

So he sent a message to the persumed new leadership of the planet.

Dear [member="Mara D'Lessio Merrill"]

In times of strife and uncertainity the security and defense of it's citizens is of utmost importance. Should it be required my sword is yours.

Armis

Titan

[member="Mara D'Lessio Merrill"], we will contact the Arceneau trade station for docking, also we would be glad to provid the victims with 100,000 Jogan Pi's to contact their relations on other planets to assure them of their welfare.

(OOC: Check the Marketplace page link for link to JP's

[member="Valashu Elahad"]

Mr. Elahad,

Thank you for your generosity. Fifteen million credits may not go very far on the auction circuit, but to the destitute of Coruscant, it's a month's food for over a hundred twenty thousand people. I'm enclosing a list of corporations who have already pledged their support; coordinate with them as you see fit. Your experts may benefit from working with a similar team coming from Eriadu, or so [member="Kelly Perris"] tells me. Eriadu is dispatching city planners and other mastermind types. I'm hoping we can all synchronize our efforts whenever possible.

You may also find it useful to talk with Colonel [member="Noah Corek"] about providing materiel for local security forces.

***​
Brief but heartfelt notes thanked [member="Abraxis"] and [member="Armis Vindex"] for their generosity.

Titan

[member="Danger Arceneau"]

Miss Arceneau, it has come to my attention that:
One, my ships of relief supplies will have nowhere to land on the surface of Coruscant
Two, you are currently in possession of a space station in orbit around the afore mentioned planet

As such I would like to request ermisson for my ships to dock there in order to offload supplies.

cerberusbanner.png

To: [member="Mara D'Lessio Merrill"]
Subject: RE: Coruscant

Mara,

As per our original conversations a while ago Cerberus Corporation is at your disposal for the rebuilding of Coruscanti Residential and any damaged infrastructure that is in need of immediate attention.

I am currently organising the corporate relocation of Cerberus’ entire construction fleet into the Core World to be able to put our complete attention into this project which of such importance. While I am vested in applying the Cerberus Fund in order to allow quick and efficient housing for those that may be displaced, I am also ready to put our workforce into construction and demolition tasks across the planet, most specifically the removal of the Valley of the Sith Lords.

In regards to our previous talks I hope we find you well. I will also personally be moving Cerberus headquarters temporally to Coruscant so if you have any time that invitation to inspect our operation will still stand.

Warm Regards,
Fortris Sonn.
CEO of Cerberus Corporation

To: The Galactic Alliance

To Whom It May Concern,

In these trying times, Astraeus Industrial has always sought to help out not only the Republic, but the Jedi Order. We would like to expand that to include the Galactic Alliance as well. We are willing to not only send in monetary supplies, but also to open up a contract venture to allow Astraeus Industrial products to be available for the Galactic Alliance and the New Jedi Order.

I trust that this can be the start of a new partnership and hopefully, a new dawn for a free Coruscant.

Best Regards,

Rebecca Bailey

[member="Fortris Sonn"]

Fortris,

When I started contributing to Cerberus, I admit I did so in hopes that this exact situation would come about. You've read my mind. I know the quality of your work, and I'm willing to provide whatever resources are necessary for you to begin immediately and stay the course. You're the first pure construction firm to make a proposal focused on surface construction.

You'll find it useful to speak with Governor [member="Kelly Perris"] of Eriadu, the Incom CEO. Eriadu is working on transportation infrastructure and providing teams of city planners. I'd also suggest coordinating with [member="Sor-Jan Xantha"] of Corellia, whose IT firm is spearheading the restoration of Coruscant's hardline, subspace, and hypercomm telecommunications network. If you plan to do anything around the area known as the Works, talk with [member="Taeli Raaf"] of Aurora Industries.

I'm also most pleased to hear about your HQ's temporal relocation. Nothing like a little time travel to spice things up.

Best wishes, and let me know if you need anything at all,

Mara

Ugohr Poof

The Traveling Gungan Salesman
To: [member="Fortris Sonn"]
Cc: [member="Mara D'Lessio Merrill"]

Subject: Coruscant

Disen IGR Brokerage, yoursa favorite realty company. Now that Coruscant issa Galactic Alliance property, oursa Coruscant office will fear da One Sith noah more. Wesa request dat wesa sell in exclusivity tenska million square meters of property, mostly in da Financial District, whosa breakdown into residential, business or faction property issa yet to be determinen, for una year starting from date of completion. Once dat period issa over, theysa will be listed on da GMLS (Galactic Multi-Listing Service) for all companies to deal with it.

Ugohr Poof
Commanding officer, Army of Malastare
IGR Brokerage owner

The young Anzat smiled at the reply. He doubted very much that she would remember, but the two had actually met once when she was still a girl. It had been on Ithor and, like so many things about this point in galactic history, had been utterly chaotic. In any event, it seemed that the younger Merrill was very much like Jorus was.

Mara,

You may find this difficult to believe, but the Alderaan Queen isn't entirely 'street legal' when it comes to storage compartments. I'll find a way to get the parts there that we need. As for the Sith, we've managed to live together for this long. I'm not so worried about getting aid to Coruscant as I am the potential blow-back to Drall or Selonia. I should look forward to the day when the Corellian people may again be free from the Sith.

Yours,

S.J.

+ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - +

It seemed just as he was sending the one reply, he was receiving another message on the HoloNets.

A planetary governor was impressive by itself. But dropping the name of a minor corporation such as Incom? Merrill had some truly impressive contacts. Which was good. After so long under the rule of the Sith, and emerging from out of a planetary war zone, Coruscant was going to need all the help it could get.

Govenor [member="Kelly Perris"]

I look forward to working with you. As the subspace relays and radio repeaters are installed, I am certain that we will be working closely to ensure proper synchronization of comm frequencies and the allocation of dedicated channels in support of civil affairs and emergency management.

Sincerely,

S.J. Xantha
President/CEO, Corellia Digital

[member="Sor-Jan Xantha"]

You and me both, Master Xantha. I'm half-Corellian. Someday I mean to do the same for our homeworld as I'm trying to do for Coruscant. You could call this a test run, complex as it is.

[member="Ugohr Poof"]

General Poof,

Neither I nor Silk Holdings is involved in listing properties in the Financial Sector, or determining their current or future ownership. I would recommend speaking with Galactic Alliance authorities.

Since I have you on the line, however, I'd like to request your expertise in matching refugees with the prefabricated housing that other corporations have provided. It would be a thankless sort of service, but I'm more than capable of making it worth your while. Would you and your staff be available for this?

Ugohr Poof

The Traveling Gungan Salesman
To: [member="Mara D'Lessio Merrill"]

Subject: Re: Coruscant

Issa cheaper and more efficient to maken use of a new computerized system to implement a matching system for refugees and prefabricated housing. That being said, wesa may need dee or foosa computer engineers for implementen and maintainen una such system. Issa not that different from oursa GMLS interface through da HoloNet but more limited in scope.

Ugohr Poof
Commanding officer, Army of Malastare
IGR Brokerage owner

[member="Ugohr Poof"]

General Poof-

That sounds like an option worth exploring. I'm willing to invest in the development of a system along those lines, so long as it's available in the shortest possible term. If the prototype proves effective, I'll bankroll the entire operation. Naturally you and your people would receive consultancy fees. It would be up to you to find the programmers who can operationalize your ideas, programmers with backgrounds in real estate allocation systems and similar work. I'm the farthest thing from either a realtor or a programmer, but get the system in workable shape and I'll throw money at it all day long. Until then I can make certain amounts of anonymized refugee data available to you, as well as the capacities and locations of new prefabricated shelters.

Best wishes,
Mara D'Lessio Merrill

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom