Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can we add two new rank tags?

I do not believe a "Darksider"/"Lightsider" addition to our rank titles is necessary, nor will I approve it. I'm pretty open to most things, but I think the dumbing down of Star Wars for just another neat "graphic" is not only in bad taste but also undermines the complexity of the environment in which we role-play. The world is not black and white, nor is our Galaxy.

You're free to vote for this in any Contest Staff holds, but it's going to fail when it gets to me. 'cause I'm mean like that.

[member="Zahori Denko"]

Unnecessary you say?

We have the Ren tags.....yet so far I only see one Knight of Ren (a sad representative) from the Movies. Chaos isn't Disney, so Ren tags are by Staff choice and hard work from the Chaos faction (I applaud your progress). Why not Darksider and Lightsider?

Darksiders are not and should not be labeled under as Sith or Dark Jedi. Just as Lightsiders should not be labeled as Jedi or whatever Jedi faction. Give people an option to write under whatever label suits them. Traditionally, Vahla and the Nightsisters practice the Darkside, yet neither are of the Sith or Dark Jedi.

So again.....the tags should be here.

But I don't own the site or run it...or have a democratic voice. So it was a good idea.

Equinox

Agility is key.
Xiang Vang said:
[member="Zahori Denko"]

Unnecessary you say?

We have the Ren tags.....yet so far I only see one Knight of Ren (a sad representative) from the Movies. Chaos isn't Disney, so Ren tags are by Staff choice and hard work from the Chaos faction (I applaud your progress). Why not Darksider and Lightsider?

Darksiders are not and should not be labeled under as Sith or Dark Jedi. Just as Lightsiders should not be labeled as Jedi or whatever Jedi faction. Give people an option to write under whatever label suits them. Traditionally, Vahla and the Nightsisters practice the Darkside, yet neither are of the Sith or Dark Jedi.

So again.....the tags should be here.

But I don't own the site or run it...or have a democratic voice. So it was a good idea.
100% agree with all the people for these tags.

I don't feel it's necessary to blatantly state "this character is a good guy" by wearing a Lightside tag, or the opposite by wearing a Darkside tag. People are not fully evil or fully good, they're just people who make good or bad decisions. Jedi are capable of committing heinous crimes against humanity while Sith are capable of rescuing orphans from a burning building.

Except for [member="Darth Carnifex"], he's teh devil.

True, it isn't necessary as people should be able to tell which side the character aligns with. However I don't see it hurting any thing if it we're to be added.

Those tags are pretty basic though, I must add. The current tags are pretty specific to each character's role and I believe that's what our lovely tyrant means :p

See with eyes unclouded by hate
I personally don't see them as labels that state whether or not something is good or bad. But more so how they use the Force.

In the wise words of Kyle Katarn, "Remember, abilities aren't inherently good or evil... it's how you use them."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom