Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Breaking the Unions (ACA Invasion of Rebel Geonosis OOC)

[member="Vulpesen"] My apologies, I misinterpreted that then. My post however still stands, just disregard any mention of your forces moving, and I'll be editing it in the morning. I'll be shifting around the positions of the snipers a bit to match this new information, though the post itself remains true to my intent.

I'm going to fire at your back (from an angle), and three other snipers will be firing at your men from their cover a few hundred meters away each.

So I just realized that these interceptors are being re-reviewed, and that this has been the sub's status for a few days at least. So it bears mentioning that their use in this thread is suspect and should probably be reconsidered until they are re-approved or denied, as any changes that are requested could have rather dramatic repercussions on the invasion.

Ayden Cater said:
So I just realized that these interceptors are being re-reviewed, and that this has been the sub's status for a few days at least. So it bears mentioning that their use in this thread is suspect and should probably be reconsidered until they are re-approved or denied, as any changes that are requested could have rather dramatic repercussions on the invasion.
I am content for these to be used, as long as they're just described as generic interceptors.

As an aside, not that it matters massively, but for fluff reasons. The Clankers aren't going to walk at you all in a straight line firing. This isn't George Lucas' lack of understanding of post WW1 warfare personified.

This results in an exceptionally durable droid who can easily resist various environments. Plus, due to its armorplast coating, the Clankers can withstand a few impacts from blaster bolts; though this coating does not provide the reputable reflection of bolts that it is relatively famed for. In addition to its durasteel and armorplast combination, underneath the frame, spanning from head to toe, is a mesh of agrinium. This was put into place in order to excessively minimize the potential damage wrought from electromagnetic pulse, or electroproton weaponry; as history illustrated their effectiveness against the B-series time and time again.

The Clankers come pre-loaded with a number of strategic and tactical operations, which can be updated in order to include different skillsets revolving around new weaponry, opponents, or terrain. In addition, the Clankers boast the ability to operate both, under the control of a central unit, or independently with great success on the field of battle. For large-scale operations, usage of a central unit in order to better coordinate massive troop movements is generally standard; but for smaller operations, or in the event that the central unit is compromised or destroyed, the Clankers can easily continue to fight on independently.

Alright. The RPJ's have adjudicated the issue we were having on the front lines. I have edited my post, thirty three thermal detonators were dropped in the first line of trenches as the droids climbed the wall to the top of said trenches. Taking damage, twenty eight thermal detonators were dropped in the second line of trenches. These trenches being only the ones that Besh's company is assaulting. The clanker droids in/on the trenches are down to twenty-six and are in prone positions to reduce their sight picture to the enemy.

I have called up reserves and had them take along their energy shields as is listed in their submission. Those thirty-two clanker droids are now up with Besh and his eleven super clankers waiting for the artillery to be taken out. Besh has requested armor support for his position as he believes he is close to a break through.

Now, lets get on with having fun.

How about a Bike Fight with gifs?

[member="Raziel"]

GYNSVpF.gif

Oh cool, I'm first post on page ten :p

Anyway! Anyone who is on the Rebel Front Lines, please be aware (OOC) that a inconspicuously small droid remote is trying to sneak past the entrenchments (through a relatively less populous entrenchment) to get close to the foundry and get a clearer view of where your snipers are.

So, if you find a good reason to locate and engage this relatively harmless and defenseless droid, go ahead! Just remember to be sportsmanlike and all that :)

[member="Vulpesen"], just to be clear and all, I'm going to ask three(ish) questions:

1. How many of your men are remaining, and how many did I just kill now (three or four)?
  2. Are you aware you only killed a pair of droids, with another nest of two (one spotter, one sniper) at a 45 degree angle from your men several hundred meters away (each nest is hundreds of meters apart)? Also, I'm assuming you used force speed with stealth to destroy the droids and not some sort of teleportation power right?
  3. Last question, are you charging at me in the open visibly, and can you give me a relative speed (compare it to vehicle speed I guess)?

Thank you for the fair response! :)

1. Five unharmed. Two wounded.
2. I am now. But not much for me to change, if anything. And pretty much, I ran over and force jumped onto the cliff. Then dropped the force cloak since I devoted concentration to fighting
3. Figured I'd answer with a wookiee article "Jedi Master Relin Druur used the power when he attacked the Harbinger, which was mining Lignan crystals in the Phaegon system, and, by his own estimate, he was able to cross 100 meters in a second, running in a blur.[10]"
I would say about 70 meters for second based on that. But Vulps does use force speed all the time, I just never looked up the average speed of it.

Also, I'm running next to the wall of the cliff face I'm assuming your hiding in(since snipers generally are elevated) I'm hiding behind as many rocks as I can, so it'd be difficult to spot me, but not impossible, assuming your eye can track the speed.

[member="Triam Akovin"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom