Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Faction Blades Drawn Blunt-Side | NJO Jedi

if they're watching anyways
div-green.png

Loomi Loomi Aris Noble Aris Noble

The frog lady croaked and held up a sign saying: GET THEY ASS.

Oh. He had a sword. Shan...should have clarified that he was looking for a fist fight...but hey. He still had a few tricks up his sleeve. He couldn't let himself hesitate, so whilst it would have made sense for him to back away from the strike, the Mirialan rushed forward instead. Well, if he was going to have access to the Force...He should use it at least. Focusing the current of the Force into his hand, Shan enveloped his hand in it, using the Soft to Solid technique Jasper had taught him in an attempt to catch the blade. The impact would still hurt a fair amount, but hey. Pain was no stranger to him! Then with his free hand, Shan would just swing for Nir. It was clobberin' time! Even though Shan didn't feel entirely comfortable attacking someone, he was slowly getting past that part of himself.

Nir Si Nir Si

New_GA1.png

Weapons: Lightsaber (Yellow)
Tag: Valery Noble Valery Noble

He twitched slightly at the sound of blades biting against each other with the percussive zap of energy given off by two lightsabers interlocking in that fleeting dance of a duel. He could feel the small rhythmic changes as they moved among each other and let his eyes close to allow the actions to resonate through his skin, muscle and bone. The ancient art taught to him what seemed like an eternity ago now flashing by with the dancing of colourful light.

The robed sentinel continued his way along the edge of the room and held most of his focus within the inexplicable realm of the force on maintaining his force concealment ability. Having lived for so long outside the realms of those supposedly trustworthy in all truth the Jedi almost felt naked without it. Nevertheless, he was there, a single grain of sand in the greater desert of the force that bound them all together. His footsteps patterned along the flooring, rolling from heel to toe with a certain elegance. He had drifted along the edges of the Padawans and watched as those still in their infancy with their abilities worked around and against each other. There was once a part of him that would have hoped for the day when the use of a lightsaber could become nothing more than all of this. Exercises to keep the mind and body in flow, in a state of synchronicity. If only that were to be the case. Such was the curse of the force in its ever-circling dance of light and dark. A thought that brought his mind back into the present and his eyes upon the one that was supposedly leading this new generation against those who would rip everything down.

He drifted through the underlit area along the side of the hall and onwards toward the woman. He pursued as far as he could be unseen, only then stepping forward into the light above and gently pushing the edge of his robe from his face to let it fall back across his shoulders. His hands moved down to settle together within his almost tattered brown sleeves and with apprehension allowed his presence within the force to slowly bloom outwards into the detectable range and reached out toward her. Brushing against her presence and tried to read what he could from the encounter. The older man swallowed slightly at what he saw then shut his eyes to allow himself a moment of composure and to allow her to notice his own presence in turn as he stepped forward to watch the two younger knights. Words in such a place often did not need speaking unless necessary and as such he held his own.

Outfit: Factory Link | Wedding Ring
Weapons: Lightsabers
Tag: Avin Starfire Avin Starfire

While Valery's eyes were seemingly focused on the ongoing spar, she had drawn herself into her own mind for a moment. The event here brought back memories of a better time — when the war had ended and the Alliance had finally been able to breathe in peaceful air. She had hoped for those times to last much longer, so her children could have been raised without danger looming over them. Now, her two oldest were here, training and preparing themselves for a new conflict.

With the blinking of her eyes, Valery snapped herself out of those depressing thoughts, and allowed herself a faint smile again. As troubling as the future was, seeing her fellow Jedi come together to train was still something to cherish. The unity among Jedi hadn't been this strong in decades, and days like this only made it much stronger.

Fiery eyes then started to wander, and it didn't take long for her to pick up on a new arrival. She felt his presence in the Force, and couldn't help but feel some similarities. Once a Jedi Shadow, Valery had always hidden her own signature in the Force, and typically kept herself from view as well. That had changed, and she wasn't cloaking herself at all this time, but some aspects of being a Shadow would never fade.

"I don't believe we've met before? I'm Master Noble," Valery said once he stepped within range. "If you'd like a partner for training, I'd be more than happy to join you."

New_GA1.png

He bowed his head before her, then stood upright and took a closer look over the woman. A warm almost fatherly smile filled his lips for a moment before he shook his head.

"It is an honour, Master Noble. I apologise for not making a more formal entrance. Old habits or something of the like. Even so, it is no excuse for poor manners." His voice was low and gruff, in all honesty by the look and sound of him one would not discount the man for being a long worked farmer of some kind rather than a Jedi. "My name..." He paused for a moment and once again gave off a saddened smile. "My name is Avin Starfire. I suppose the last I checked I was a Jedi Knight. Although that was many years ago now. Within this new order of yours, I would not demand any such rank. Besides I feel as if Jedi Masters seem to get younger and younger these days." His face returned to a neutral state then took a pace outward toward another of the training pads and ushered an arm for her to go first.

"I cannot promise I will be of much challenge Master Noble. I must admit to being rather out of practice with a lightsaber. My contrition." He bowed his head once again as if in an apology.

sparring_2.png

Tag: Colette Colette

Z9U36lL.png
A counter attack? That was nice. Much better than the alternatives Ko believed. It wasn’t hard for him to imagine that she was familiar with Ataru, given her master. The next thing Kel Dor knew was that he was getting shoved back by her and that she was turning the tables.

In an instant he was now on the backfoot which wasn’t ideal but wasn’t the end of the world either. She seemed to be trying to push him into a corner. Yet his focus remained largely on Colette, he was still getting a hang of sparing without his eyes. Using The Force to see changed his perspective when fighting some. He could have a more full picture of his opponent and their movements along with the Force flowing along with them.

As stepped back from Colette’s advance an idea popped into his head. One to utilize his surroundings more, specifically through Sokan. Once Ko found an opening he wouldn’t hesitate, he suddenly launched himself backwards with a backflip towards the wall. His feet made contact with it before he followed up by launching himself off the wall like a spring well above Colette. All a nice dynamic display of his acrobatics and quick thinking in the heat of combat. He hadn’t bested his opponent yet however, just got himself out of the situation she was putting him in.

Braze was brimming with eagerness, his hand outstretched as his training saber flew from his belt clip to his grasp, drawn as if by a powerful magnet. He skillfully spun the hilt over the back of his hand, flipping it up into the air and catching it with a deft flick, activating it in a seamless figure-eight flourish. Stepping back into a Makashi stance, his eyes shone with a gleeful glint.

This encounter was more than a mere spar for Braze; it was an invaluable opportunity to delve into the depths of Nathan's character. He sought to understand Natha as an individual. Braze's passion for Echani Martial Arts, was evident in his poised and graceful movements.

His aura was a seamless blend of caution and curiosity, suggested he was initially adopting a defensive stance. He aimed to first observe Nathan's fighting style and thought process, to gauge his approach in combat.

"Alright- Give me your best shot!"

With a playful yet astute mindset, Braze was prepared to adapt to Nathan's maneuvers. He intended to gently probe his opponent with a series of tactical tests, each designed to unveil more about Nathan's fighting techniques and strategies.

sparring_2.png

Sellian Jedi Praxeum
div-purple.png
Tag: Eloise Dinn Eloise Dinn

"I don't,"
Vera responded with determination, even as Eloise jumped over her attack and landed clear from her blade. It wasn't a setback to the young Noble, but an example of how to deal with telekinetic attacks like that. She grinned a little, listened to Eloise, then started moving forward again with her blade drawn, and more mindful of her stance.

That focus, however, could also be distracting.

An abrupt pull through the Force sent Vera stumbling forward just a step or two too many, and brought her in range of Eloise's lightsaber. Vera panicked at this sudden loss of balance, and threw her blade up into a more erratic, wilder sweeping strike, though more power-driven as well.

Part of it an act of emotion, but she wanted to force more distance with it as well.

Last edited:

sparring_2.png

Sellian Jedi Praxeum
Tags: Aris Noble Aris Noble , Auteme Auteme

Loomi_divider.png

".. What do you mean? I was holding back, it shouldn't have broken anything."

"N-no, it isn't that," Loomi stammered. "See... the sweater isn't really a sweater. I-it's like armor, but secret armor that protects from lightsabers and stuff. I didn't know punching was okay, and it would be wrong if you didn't know that in case you hurt yourself. I mean, not that you wouldn't get hurt in a duel, but... Wait a minute..."

Was she overthinking this? Loomi very often did this. She looked back to the stands to try and glean some guidence from her mentour, but all she got was a sign with a cryptic message...

GET THEY ASS.

"What's an ass?"

Rock and Roll MotherFluffers

New_GA1.png

Then with his free hand, Shan would just swing for Nir. It was clobberin' time! Even though Shan didn't feel entirely comfortable attacking someone, he was slowly getting past that part of himself.
The block took the rock star off guard. He didn't have time to-

<Duck.>

The monotone, robotic voice coming from his sword snapped him out of his stupor just long enough for Nir to do as he was told, playing limbo with Shan Pavond Shan Pavond 's fist, but only that. He'd now lost the initiative. What would Shan do next?

The winged Padawan looked up when she heard someone approach. Her face was unfamiliar to Katherine, but she could recognize one trained in the martial arts anywhere. What caught her particular interest however, was the lack of a right arm. Questions were immediately on her mind, but she held them back in favour of her curiosity.

Curious about how her fellow Padawan had adapted to the handicap. There was a story there of how she lost it. But there was also an ongoing tale to be told in how she’d overcome it.

Katherine mirrored Ariana’s bow with one of her own. “Nice to meet you, Ariana. I’m Katherine.” She replied, offering the Padawan a smile.

I am indeed,” she said, motioning Ariana to take the spot opposite her. With the flick of her wrist, Katherine summoned her lightsaber to her hand. She double checked it was set to low power, before igniting the green blade.

The Padawan slid into a stance, her feet shifting into position with practised ease.

Her mysterious new gauntlet remained deactivated, for the time being at least.

The first move was Ariana’s.

GADividerPurple.png

Oh, so that's what it was. Armor. Not some sweater.

Still weird, but now it made more sense as to why she'd put it on. Aris didn't respond though. She seemed unsure of herself, or what she was doing. But that wasn't the point of this exercise, right? He steadied his stance before leaping forward with the intent to strike again, only for her to fully turn around to look towards the frog.

He blinked and visibly panicked, altering his strike to instead hit the floor. It didn't cut, given it wasn't supposed to. But it did shatter the floor on impact.

"D.. Don't look away from a duel! Gosh!"

Loomi Loomi

sparring_2.png

Sellian Jedi Praxeum
Tags: Aris Noble Aris Noble

Loomi_divider.png

"D.. Don't look away from a duel! Gosh!"

"Huh? O-oh!"

Loomi's face became bright red as she realized she had completely lost track of what she was supposed to be doing. She really wasn't used to this sort of thing. Most of the fights she had been in weren't like this at all, they were out in the field and messy, usually with her getting tossed around due to her own inexperience. She was still trying to find a balance on where to put her attention in these sorts of scenerios.

"G-golly," she stammered in an apologetic tone, clearly not noticing the damage that had been caused to the floor. "I don't mean to be so scattered. I'll focus."

And her blade was back up, prepared in a defensive stance. She already had some things that she could work with given how they were interacting already. Trying to throw him again would likely not work. He'd be ready for that. Loomi would need to find another means of disorientation if she wanted to succeed here.

Which very much involved focus. She could ask Miss Auteme about her sign later.

Ko Vuto Ko Vuto

Clever boy…

Colette hadn't seen that one coming, if she was to be honest with herself. Ko would use their environment then? She made the mental note and merely followed him with a glance. She was a very grounded fighter, she didn't believe in the idea of ever letting her footing from the floor beneath them since there was nothing that was quite as good at providing a good and stable, controllable surface.

So, when Ko went up and over, the simplest response was to simply try and stop him. He was in the air, and as Colette extended her hand she would try to let the force counteract his momentum and send him into a fall that would put him far closer to her than he might have wanted.

Either way the immediate follow-up was to close the gap just a little. Not close enough so he could be in immediate striking distance, not far away enough that she didn't pose a threat. Colette enjoyed control in battle, this was all about control.

Ariana Du Couteau, Jedi Padawan
Padawan Section, Sellian Jedi Praxeum, Ord Providence
Outfit (No Right Arm)

JiGZUcY.png

Ariana smiled as she nodded to Katherine, their names exchanged and the match agreed by both of them. She quickly moved across from Katherine and watched as the other Padawan lifted her saber to her hand and activated the brilliantly emerald blade. Ariana rolled her shoulders and shifted her stance to have her left fist facing directly towards Katherine.

Light feet, swift fists. . . heavy hands, harder kicks. . .

Slowly with each breath Ariana focused on the Force, her left arm began to glow with little white embers blossoming all around her fist. Katherine appeared to have given Ariana the opening to attack first and with the next inhale she charged forward. Her feet also began to glow slightly with blossoming white embers like her fist as she moved closer towards Katherine with each step.

Ariana twisted her hips to the right and swung out her right leg wide to close the distance. With the momentum Ariana had built, she aimed for Katherine’s lightsaber hilt. Confident, Ariana wanted to show that she didn’t need to get close enough to punch to attack her opponent. And now Ariana wanted to see Katherine's counter.

Outfit: Factory Link | Wedding Ring
Weapons: Lightsabers
Tag: Avin Starfire Avin Starfire

"It's quite alright," Valery assured the older Jedi with a smile. "Staying in the Shadows was once my own path, so I understand." She then dipped her head lightly and allowed her gaze to briefly return to the ongoing sparring. She hadn't necessarily come here today to train herself, but now that she was meeting a new face, it only felt proper to offer. It'd be a chance for them to understand each other better, and perhaps would make him feel welcome within the NJO.

One couldn't find better reasons to spar a fellow Jedi.

"Our Order does respect the ascension to knighthood of all Jedi," Valery said, her fiery gaze now returning to the other Jedi after he had introduced himself. "So, Knight Starfire it is, unless you don't believe yourself to be ready for the role." A true Jedi was selfless, after all, so no rank held meaning if it wasn't deserved. She trusted his judgement because of this fact, and the judgement of those who had once knighted him.

"As for me, I'm technically a lot older than you likely think I am. But..." she smirked, "I'm going to take that as a compliment." She looked and felt as if she was in the prime of her life, after all. With a flick of her hand, she then brushed some long strays of hair over her shoulder, and stepped into the training room. Her hand was already drifting to the hilt at her belt, and her body soon turned back to face him.

"Well, only more reason to practice now, hm? Perhaps I can help you get back into your rhythm." She dipped her head to the lightsaber on his belt. "Get ready, and I'll allow you the first move."

New_GA1.png

He followed her to the edge of the training floor then slowly removed the larger brown robe from his shoulders. He folded the material over one arm then bent down to place it onto the floor. The rest of his garb was fairly traditional for a Jedi and nothing particularly out of the ordinary, though still in seemingly better condition than the overcoat he had just placed on the floor. It was only now as he stood up straight that she would notice the same wiry musculature of those that had come through a life of burden. He was a little taller than she and no doubt heavier but was by no means a giant.

"Age can play little part in wisdom. By seeing the progress and number of your padawan learners you are doing better than most."

He paced onto the floor and took up his place across from the Jedi Master.

"As you say Master Noble. Thankfully my rhythm with a lightsaber has always been somewhat better than that of my dancing."

Avin bowed toward her letting his eyes face the mat. Once upright again his right hand drifted down to his utility belt and unclipped the weapon and wrapped his hands around the two sections feeling the weight in his grip as he did so. With a slight twist and the pushing down of a latch the weapon seemed to separate into two identical sections and one of which he reattached to his belt. The elder Jedi ran his fingers along the silvery exterior of his trusty old weapon letting the texture of it's metallic songsteel alloyed surface bring back memories of times past. At the bottom of the hilt he found the power setting and twisted it down to a training setting. He looked almost clumsy with the thing in truth, having to hold the weapon up slightly in order to find the correct setting.

"Very well. May the force be with you."

He brought the weapon back out in front of him and thumbed the power switch. There was a sputter and a slight sparking then nothing. He looked down at the weapon and bashed the side of it a couple of times until with a thrumming flash of shimmering yellow light the lightsaber's blade extended out into the air. He held it there in front of him for a moment looking down at the glow and moved it from left to right in a lateral motion. He re centered the blade as the lids of his eyes drew shut. He inhaled deeply and stretched his arms out to let the blood flow run into the muscles. He brought his left foot backwards and planted it sideways while his other foot sat point straight on towards his opponent. His eyes still closed, the knight moved his left arm closer in toward his torso as that hand closed into a fist. His other arm worked it's way around in an arc then across to settle lower with the tip of the blade facing upwards at an angle. Avin exhaled and opened his eyes now stable in the opening stance of the vaapad variation within the seventh form of traditional lightsaber practice. All that was left for him was to allow his mind to relax and allow his emotions to flow as one side of the conduit within the upcoming dance.

Though it was a variation of the trick she herself had used, Vera seemed completely caught off guard by the telekinetic pull. She flailed, swinging her weapon wildly. Eloise blocked the slash long enough to reposition herself, then deactivated her blade.

Vera’s lightsaber pushed onward, expecting resistance from a lightsaber that was no longer there, while Eloise’s blade reactivated right in front of her throat.

This is called Trakata,” Eloise said. “If this were a real fight, and you had panicked, you’d be missing a head.

She backed off, flourishing her lightsaber with a flick of her wrist. “Using your opponent’s tricks against them can be a sound strategy. Plenty of arrogant fighters out there using techniques that they themselves don’t know how to properly counteract, as if it were some ‘gotcha!’ move in dejarik.” She could be like that at times, her pride making her think she was smarter than everyone else. Such a haughty mentality had earned her a fair share of scars, each one seeking to impress the lesson upon her, but it hadn't fully sunk in yet.

"Try to hit me again."

GADividerPurple.png

Aris took a deep breath before lifting his blade again to calm himself. And ready his stance. It was an innocent mistake of course. He just didn't want to hurt anyone drastically, or at all. They were here to spar, friendly spars. Maybe he should control his strength more? No. He tensed his legs before springing forward again, this time bringing his blade around for hers.

Just to knock it away so he could swing a powerful kick right for her chest. Part of him wanted to just see how strong what looked like a normal sweater could be, after all.

Loomi Loomi

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom