Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Faction Blades Drawn Blunt-Side | NJO Jedi

sparring_3.png

SELLIA II, SELLIAN JEDI PRAXEUM

div-goldiguess.png

The time is now for the Jedi of the New Jedi Order to display their skills. Padawans and Knights from across the Galactic Alliance have been called to demonstrate their growth at the Sellian Jedi Praxeum in martial combat. The atmosphere is calming, the rural untampered environment of the moon of Ord Providence serving as the backdrop for the trials to come, masking an air of anticipation amongst the attending combatants. Masters of the Order have come to observe the proceedings, looking for new students or the next Knight ready to advance to the next stage of their journey as a Jedi. Most will simply feel the overwhelming presence of the light in this place of education....

Some may feel a chill.

div-goldiguess.png

PADAWAN MATCHES
sparring_2.png
Combatants have been split up in order to best accommodate for their skill level. Padawans have gathered in the lower sparring area of the praxeum, all eager to impress the gathered masters with their growth. This is an opportunity to display progress in their trials, as well as point students in the direction of teachers that can further their development....

KNIGHT MATCHES
sparring_1.png
Combatants have been split up in order to best accommodate for their skill level. Knights have gathered in the upper sparring area of the praxeum, an air far more intense than the padawan learners amongst them. Many have just seen their first taste of active combat in the war, while others have spent a great deal of time perfecting their talent in the wider galaxy as wandering heroes. The sparring halls have become the gauntlet for proving their skill, for many a first step of many towards the coveted rank of Master....

sparring_2.png

Sellian Jedi Praxeum
div-purple.png
Tag: Aris Noble Aris Noble | Open

"Time to show them what we've learned, huh?" Vera asked Aris Noble Aris Noble , as they entered the training room. She wasn't really planning to go up against her own brother this time, because it was easy enough for them to train together already. No, she wanted to challenge one of the more experienced Padawans. Maybe Colette, Cora, Shan or, well, she was up to train with anybody! It'd be a good chance to learn.

A chance for her to show that she was a Noble, too.

With her newly constructed lightsaber set to low power, and drawn into her hand, Vera stepped forward and looked around. Multi-colored eyes narrowed at potential targets, but she hadn't spotted someone just yet. So, until someone was ready to test themselves against her, she'd wait.

"I wonder who will show up."

sparring_2.png

Sellian Jedi Praxeum
Tags: Open

Loomi_divider.png

"I'm sorry, lil' fella."

Loomi sighed as she placed the gourd housing her familiar, the shape-shifting blade she was so accustomed to wielding in combat. It gave her an edge, one that didn't feel right to use here. So she left it in the bleachers with droid friend Yogurt. She was probably far more distressed about parting with the creature than she should have been. The Godoan had to use a training saber.

"It'll be fine," Yogurt assured. "I'll watch... him."

The girl smiled just a little.

"Thanks, Yogurt," she muttered. "I promise I'll be back."

"You're just going to be over there," the droid pointed out. "Don't be so dramatic."

She couldn't help it. Loomi just felt strongly about leaving things behind. It was a soft spot for her. Regardless, her mechanical legs squashed down onto the sparring mat floor as she turned and made her way out from the stands. She was nervous, of course. Loomi was always nervous after all. Still, there was an eagerness about her. The girl had fought in a fair number of battles since joining, facing down Mandalorians and Sithspawn just to name a few. If there was anything that she was looking to do today, it was prove to those watching that it hadn't been a mistake to take her in.

Loomi hoped it hadn't been a mistake.

sparring_1.png

Sellian Jedi Praxeum
Tags: Silas Westgard Silas Westgard

shield_core_divider_NEW.png

"Well," Jasper shrugged, "Guess it's about time we did this again."

He was already in position, standing down an all too familiar adversary. They had done this once before, a very long time ago from what it felt like to the knight. They had dueled each other to a draw that day, one of the few duels that didn't go off without an incident. Corin and Kai literally butting heads, whatever Ara had wound up doing (It seemed she was always a center for drama and chaos in their padawan days), and so on and so forth. It was time that they did this again, this time on a different level.

A runback.

"I hope you've practiced in your time away," he noted, rolling his organic shoulder as he began to stretch. "I wanna sweat as much as I did the last time."

Jasper hadn't missed a day of training. Even when he had left himself following the War it was to go train with the Matukai. He was ready this time. The knight was sure of it.

The man would draw his blade, open with a Makashi stance, and wait with anticipation.

Wearing: Jedi Jumpsuit (Black)

Armed With: Training Lightsaber.

Vera Noble Vera Noble would receive her answer in the form of a tall, jumpsuit clad man with a face that never changed its perpetual grimness.

Nathan Bloodscrawl entered with stiff, almost mechanical movements, quiet as he stepped into the ring with a training saber unactivated.

Nathan didn't understand the modern Order's insistence on all these essentially ritualized duels. How was a controlled setting a true test of skill. You learn in the field. Sink or Swim.

A strange cold static served as his aura in the Force. Tepid. Placid, trace evidence of frayed or shattered bonds and the faint, faint beginning of new ones. But the static was like the static of a tv channel whose station went off air. It wasn't dark just... static.

Nathan took a bow for Vera and Aris Noble Aris Noble .

"May I have the honor of dueling you?" He asked Vera, quietly, politely, but with that frozen grimness still on his face.

Ariana Du Couteau, Jedi Padawan
Padawan Section, Sellian Jedi Praxeum, Ord Providence
Outfit (No Right Arm)

JiGZUcY.png
Ariana was quite enthused with watching the sparring matches, her entire day and hyperspace journey had been leading up to this specifically. She walked into the praxeum arena where she already saw a pair of familiar Padawans, with a slight skip to her step she moved ahead of them and gave Vera a bright smile and a thumbs up for encouragement. Ariana had noted she was a bit quiet and figured the young girl didn’t need the added pressure of conversing. I get that, talking can be tougher than fighting. Outside of her brother, Ariana hadn’t always been the best at making and keeping friends.
She spun around to face forward and headed to a nearby bench where she dropped her bag and picked up her athletic adhesive bandage rolls. Using telekinesis, Ariana quickly wrapped up her left fist tightly and with a few finger stretches and fists Ariana found it all comfortable and ready. But before she turned to leave her bench, her eyes looked down at her training lightsaber, she held back a sigh and clipped the hilt to her waist. It felt like she had added a heavy weight, but Ariana did her best to ignore her nagging thoughts that were bouncing around in her head.
The arena had begun to fill and Ariana wondered how the sparring contest would begin, she had noted that there was another section of the praxeum. But I heard that the Knights were also hosting their own sparring contest. The idea of watching the Knights spar was quite the tantalizing idea for Ariana, not that she wanted to ignore her other Padawan classmates. You just don’t see a lot of Knight on Knight spars.
With a determined nod, Ariana walked over to the mats and began her stretches, she had quite the hyper journey here and knew she would need to get her legs warmed up.

It was just a crowd. Colette thought to herself as she stepped up to the metaphorical plate. Last time that Colette had ever been in front of a crowd like this, a stupid boy had decided to mortify her with a kiss. It had been a kiss that she very much wanted, but… It was still a mortifying moment that had become ingrained on her mind forever and ever and ever and ever…

… And ever and ever and ever and…

The chain went on for a while the more she thought about it. It was a distraction she didn't need. Colette closed her eyes and let in a deep breath. She jogged on the spot to get the blood flowing again. And look over at her opponent who was…

Her eyes looked up from the floor.

It was…

[Open to anyone]

sparring_2.png

Sellian Jedi Praxeum
div-purple.png

While Vera had hoped to be sparring a Padawan who had more experience than her to learn, she hadn't expected to see Nathan Bloodscrawl Nathan Bloodscrawl entering the training room. He... didn't really look like any of the other Padawans — he was an adult, stood tall and strong, and maybe that beard made him look a lot older than he really was, too. Timid, somewhat concerned eyes shifted to Aris Noble Aris Noble , as if she was asking him for help.

But after a moment, she did look back at the man.

"Uhm, well, you uh... look a little big for me?" She looked around and wasn't quite sure if he was in the right place. "Are you a Padawan? The Knights and Masters are training somewhere else." She didn't want to assume, but he certainly didn't look like he was just a Jedi Padawan.

She wouldn't really stand much of a chance.

"Yes. I am a Padawan. Have been this whole time. Was recruited late." He answered quietly to Vera Noble Vera Noble .

"I was hoping to practice with Medium Style. Don't have much skill with the three rings of defense. Looking to improve, if you would be willing to help." Nathan explained. "Despite my age I don't know as much as people seem to think I do. I'm very poor at medium style. Barely better than a youngling."

It was the truth. He had classical training, but Luke Skywalker's homebrew techniques confused him due to sheer unfamiliarity. He had had bigger things to worry about during the Gulag Era than uncovering every last secret of the blade. If anything, he was a pragmatist. Many times he had been spotted employing firearms as opposed to blades.

"I propose you fight with your best style, and I will fight with my very weak medium style. You get early experience facing taller, stronger opponents, and I get to learn why I suck at medium style. Win-Win the way I see it..."

Last edited:

sparring_2.png

Sellian Jedi Praxeum
Tags: Nathan Bloodscrawl Nathan Bloodscrawl , Vera Noble Vera Noble , Aris Noble Aris Noble

div-goldiguess.png
"Now hold up, Mr. Bloodscrawl."

A Togruta man with yellow skin approached, clad in simple robes with a lightsaber on his hilt. Knight Seydan Toth was not here to spar. He was the bus driver after all. Years of driving the transports that took padawans from location to location gave him more of a supervisor role, making sure that the children remained safe.

And comfortable to learn of course.

"This is a very one sided match up given the disparity of your experience," he noted, "This little cousin has only recently recieved her crystal. If you're looking to hone your own skill, fighting a child with minimal training is no way to do so. Not to mention her apprehension."

He was a normally cheerful man, even now having a casual slouch in his stance, but his expression was far more serious.

"I advise you look for an opponent that better reflects your level of skill."

Braze, buzzing with excitement, scanned the room for a worthy opponent. His eyes landed on an older figure, Nathan Bloodscrawl, whom he remembered from a previous encounter. The man's unique aura had left a lasting impression on Braze, and this seemed like the perfect opportunity to delve deeper into understanding Nathan's nature.

Braze was watching him talk to Vera. Seydan Toth, a Togruta Knight overseeing the training, intervened. He pointed out the mismatch in experience between Nathan and Vera, suggesting Nathan find an opponent more suited to his skill level. His tone was serious, emphasizing the importance of a fair and beneficial training experience for both parties.

Braze, observing the interaction, weighed his options. He was eager to test his skills against Nathan.

With a confident stride, Braze approached Nathan, a devious grin playing on his lips. "How about I give you a run for your credits? That is unless you're afraid to go against someone with raw talent," he challenged, his tone dripping with arrogance. Braze stood poised, his energy and determination mirroring that of a spirited Pomeranian, eager and unyielding. He was prepared to engage in combat, his force aura wreathed in youthful enthusiasm, and his moxie evident in his stance and the eager glint in his jade green eyes.

Despite his bravado and spirited demeanor, Braze's physical stature remained modest, nearly the shortest among his peers, with only his friend Loomi Loomi matching his diminutive height. His compact frame, however, did not diminish the intensity of his presence or the earnestness.

sparring_2.png

Tag: Colette Colette

Z9U36lL.png
Ko was starting to prepare himself mentally for the closely approaching competition. Wearing his typical, earthy Jedi robes. On his utility belt he had his ‘trusty’ shoto. It was nice to get at least one of his lightsabers back. One down, one more to go. He wouldn’t use the helpful little blade now however. Unfortunately he had to use one of the normal training sabers like some of the others.

The blind Kel Dor was trying to get a feel for the basic training weapon. He didn’t really enjoy it in his hands however. Most lightsabers weren’t well accommodated for his clawed hands. His lightsaber had a nice flared pommel that help the weapon handle snuggly in his hand without fear of it falling from his leathery grip. As well as a small tsuba-like guard at the top to prevent his hand from sliding up into his blade on accident. The same went for his shoto, which was just a scaled down vision of his old standard saber. The training sabers here now had such qualities

Still through, Ko was ideally maneuvering the training saber around some. Doing some simple flourishes to feel its balance. He couldn’t see the color of the blade. But simply presumed that it was likely blue or green. Not that it mattered much to him anyways.

Lately he had been shifting his general approach to lightsaber training and combat. For the last view years he had dedicated himself largely to Form VI, Niman, as a way to make up for lost time after much of his padawan training was on pause back in the agricultural corps. From there he sort of worked backwards to the other lightsaber forms. Recently taking a liking to Form IV Ataru. The acrobatic yet committed fighting style spoke to him in a way he didn’t anticipate, and he felt it complimented his strengths as a Kel Dor better than some of the others. Soresu was nice regarding how snappy and reflexive it could be. But could also demand a fair bit of durability that made it hard to work with. Plus Ataru was much more similar the fighting style of his Master, Jonyna Si Jonyna Si . Which certainly aided in his training.

Ko took notice of his opponent as well. Colette, not someone who he was as familiar with as he’d like. He knew that she was a friend of Loomi's, however. Along with being a fellow padawan he had a pretty positive opinion of her just by default. Noticing her glance towards him he stepped closer to her. Sensing some heightened nerves from the fellow padawan. Ko just gave her a simple, supportive thumbs up.

“I think I got my work cut out for me today. I hadn’t anticipated competing against a pupil of Master Noble.” Ko clearly wasn’t going to underestimate her for that fact alone. Plus from what he could recall Colette had a pretty athletic disposition and that she may have been close with a certain green friend of his. “I’m looking forward to seeing how we do.”

"The Field does not treat anyone as equals." Nathan said simply to Knight Toth. "You may stop what you see here as disparity. And yes, it is a disparity. But what happens when Vera gets cornered by someone like me who actually wants her dead? You will not be around to step in and call it off. But I obey, regardless."

Too much coddling. How do you expect these Padawans to overcome unfair odds if you will not expose them to such? he thought privately to himself.

Nathan's attention was suddenly taken in by the challenge issued by Braze Braze . He gestured with his head at the eager boy in as an example.

"He gets it." Nathan said simply.

Finally, a Padawan who wanted to take a risk.

Nathan turned to him. He remembered Braze, and he was not afraid of the boy.

But he was wary.

Others, like Knight Toth, obviously knew Nathan had much greater skill than he let on.

But Braze--

He was wary of Braze because the skill he displayed with sensing others...combined with extended combat against Nathan...Braze might actually realize this was not Nathan's first run as a Jedi. That he was more than some skilled amateur. Braze was dangerous to him on that basis alone. Worse, he was a canary if he learned something vital.

But Nathan never backed away from a challenge.

Ever.

He'd just have to make sure he lost to Braze. Thoroughly.

"I accept your challenge." Nathan replied, stepping back, getting a fair distance from the others.

His white blade slid out as he went into the Medium Style opening stance, an Ataru-Like ready.

"Ready when you are."

Vera Noble Vera Noble

sparring_2.png

Sellian Jedi Praxeum
Tags: Nathan Bloodscrawl Nathan Bloodscrawl , Vera Noble Vera Noble , Braze Braze , Aris Noble Aris Noble

div-goldiguess.png
"Oh, enough of that," Toth snapped back. "Always war with your ilk, is it? Times have changed, cousin. We're not all here to wage war and shed blood. That is not an expectation I will allow you to place on our students. If you want killers, do it yourself. Let these ones take their time."

There was no respect for the youth, not from this man. He only saw little soldiers, not lives. There was a reason that Toth had become a pacifist. He was so tired of young lives being squandered in combat, fighting in wars they had no stake in. It was not right to sacrifice the next generation. The Togruta sighed as Braze emerged, eager to face the man in combat. There was a difference here, of course. The young student of the Sentinel of Harmony wished to fight him. it was a decision that he made of his own accord. He'd just have to keep an eye on him to make sure that their duel did not get out of hand. He turned back to Vera, the smile returning to his face as Nathan and Braze departed to begin their battle.

"Apologies, little kahuna," he continued, addressing her with the title he gave that indicated his personal highest respect. He called very few people kahuna. "Pay him no mind. There are some who are still caught up in the old ways... the problematic ones. You'll have the time to grow at your own pace."

The time of childhood was one that was meant to be cherished after all. They had time to stay kids.

GADividerPurple.png

There were many adults that were Padawans, so it wasn't weird to see an adult here.

It was weird that this middle aged man decided he wanted to try and fight literal children. Aris didn't hide his frown, especially as Vera seemed rather uncomfortable with it all. For a moment, he thought Seszil might have to be the one to handle it. Thankfully a different Jedi stepped in to at least give the two children some breathing room.

"You good, Vera?"

He kept his voice low, but his concern was clear. At least as clear as they knew each other. He did smile. He was excited to be here. He was, after all, all about trying himself against others to keep his experiences growing. There were so many that probably had their own styles of fighting. "There are plenty of people more our level to actually fight."

Vera Noble Vera Noble | Loomi Loomi | Ariana Du Couteau Ariana Du Couteau

Katherine let out a heavy breath as she approached the sparring area where the Padawans were gathering. She was nervous for these sparring matches for more than one reason. The initial one, was just a general apprehension of proving herself. She was a Padawan to the Shield of the Jedi after all. Though, as much as Kahlil would’ve probably told her she didn’t need to prove herself, Katherine found it impossible to completely shake it off.

The other reason was a bit more personal to the winged Padawan. She saw the sparring matches as an opportunity to also test something she had been working on. Of course, Katherine had requested permission ahead of time, stating that if it proved successful it would become a key component to her training going forward.

Plus, she didn’t want to just take it out on the field right away. There was no chance she was going to risk it getting damaged before it could be properly protected.

It was a wrist shield gauntlet, one that was powered by the crystal Valery Noble Valery Noble had given to her a while back. It was an idea that sprung to Katherine’s mind shortly afterwards. In part because of the poetic nature of using a former crystal of the Sword’s, as a shield.

The gauntlet/glove stood out against the more traditional Jedi attire, but if anyone knew Katherine well enough, it wouldn’t be a surprise to see her adopting something different into her repertoire.

As she walked into the sparring area, Katherine immediately sighted the young Nobles, although she did frown at the appearance of Nathan Bloodscrawl, who didn’t seem to belong here. Fortunately however, it appeared a Togruta was handling the situation.

Katherine walked deeper into the room, taking note of familiar faces like Colette’s, who looked to already have an opponent ready to face her. She was curious to see how Ko would do against her fellow Noble padawan.

For the time being however, Katherine focused on stretching a bit. Wouldn’t do her any good if she suddenly got a cramp while sparring. It would be horribly embarrassing.

sparring_2.png

Sellian Jedi Praxeum
Tags: Aris Noble Aris Noble , Vera Noble Vera Noble

Loomi_divider.png

"There are plenty of people more our level to actually fight."

Aris would feel a tap on his shoulder after saying this. Loomi, dispite being perhaps a year or so older than the Noble children, was very much shorter than them. It had made her far too nervous to interact with them before hand when they had all gone to get their crystals, but now she was trying to be more brave. Of course, being as small as she was, she still needed to get their attention.

"'Scuse me," she began in a meek tone. "You don't have a partner yet, do you?"

sparring_2.png

Sellian Jedi Praxeum
div-purple.png

"I'm okay," Vera said while she looked between her brother, the person who stepped in, but also at Nathan Bloodscrawl Nathan Bloodscrawl . He did have a point about real fights not being fair, and he had been very polite. Maybe after these spars, she could go talk to him and get to know him a little better. Perhaps even do some training, although he still felt a little intimidating to her.

She wasn't exactly a warrior the same way her parents were. But Jedi Seer or not, she wanted to get better at this too.

"You should go spar with her," Vera said to her brother when Loomi approached them. She offered a little smile, then stepped back to watch for now. She was sure that she'd have her own chance shortly.

sparring_2.png

Eloise waited on the sidelines for things to simmer down. She didn’t want to get involved in whatever was going on between Vera, Nathan, and Knight Toth. Oh, she had her opinion, sure, but expressing it would’ve had her uttering some decidedly unkind words against certain authority figures, and she had no interest in pissing off people with power over her.

Besides, she was supposed to try and be nicer to her peers. Green eyes surveyed the thirteen year old Vera. Forget the Old Man Padawan; she wasn’t all that keen on fighting a younger kid either, even if there was only a handful of years between them. At least Vera’s crazy Epicanthix height made the discrepancy a little less drastic.

Am I too old for you?” she asked Vera, unlit lightsaber hilt held at her side.

Last edited:

GADividerPurple.png

A real fight wasn't fair.

But that did little to prepare someone by demanding they be uncomfortable because of it. Aris frowned deeply, but it wasn't their problem anymore. The overseer here had laid down the law, and that was enough for Aris to instead glance over his shoulder with a smile as he felt someone trying to get his attention.

The Godoan that was with Braze during the crystal hunt. He hadn't gotten her name before. Vera had already stepped back, likely because she had seen this coming. It wouldn't surprise him if she did, anyway.

"No, I don't. I'm Aris."

Loomi Loomi | Vera Noble Vera Noble

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom