Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

At Eternity's End [CIS]

I N C A P A C I T A T E D
The hall was utterly silent. And Custani with it. There was no denying that the Eternal Empire was responsible for the attack on beloved Exarch [member="Srina Talon"]. When Exarch [member="Adron Malvern"] Spoke Custani felt a deep urge to address the entirety of the viceroyalty. Just so they knew that Mechis III refused to stay silent. Mechis was booming, most notably in droids. Thousands of the automated servants and warriors were produced at the minute. Ah, the joy one felt when the felt...important.

And so Custani Stood. His heavy eyes blinking ever so slightly. "Fellow Delegates, Hear Me!" He began, taking the heed of [member="Darth Metus"]. "The representation of Mechis III agree with the resolution of Exarch Adron Malvern however, I would like to propose several amendments to the resolution. They are as follows" he approached. His wrinkled skin glowing in the pale lighting of the building. "I believe that the Viceroy of Nelevan, this Darth Tacticus should be brought to trial alongside his government in order to assure where his loyalty lies." He Began. Echoes of disapproval spireled throughout the massive hall.

"In addition, in order to prevent full-scale civil war. I propose that Nelevan be assigned a temporary Blockade in order to prevent Any more terrorist attacks that may occur in the near Future. This is my resolution. I yield at this time" he finished.

[member="Faye Malvern"] | [member="Tsian Denira"] | [member="Arisone Irithiel"] | [member="Xazzex Xivar"] | [member="Chikako Liona"] | [member="Violet Kianar"] | [member="Vyra Silara"] | [member="Adron Malvern"] | [member="Shakti Sweet"] | [member="Credius Nargath"] | [member="Srina Talon"]

orangbar.png
Following the gatherings ablutions to the Vicelord, the redhead found her and her fellow apprentices relegated to a set of seats befitting their station. Shakti stepped to the side to allow her sister to choose her seat first, settling into the one beside it and having to force herself to keep a posture that would not portray the exhaustion she felt. Even in the cloud of fury and despair that had settled over their Master, [member="Adron Malvern"] had still seen fit to mandate the attire for his set of apprentices for their appearance before the Viceroyalty of the Confederacy. The tight-fitting black suit and matching black heels had made slumping near impossible, and for a moment the mute was almost grateful for the uncomfortable garments... Almost.

As the pair settled in and the chamber became hushed, the Firrerreo found herself leaning forward in her seat ever so slightly, craning her neck a touch so she could spot [member="Ephraim"] below. He looked like chit. Between what was likely a sleepless night, and the matching collar and cuffs he wore, she assumed he'd had no rest since last she'd seen him... They had that in common - but she had the advantage of knowing her way around some under-eye concealer.

Though the mute kept her nails trimmed as short as her skin would comfortably allow, she could feel them sinking into the arms of the chair as the collar was removed from the mercenaries mouth and he was allowed to speak. He recounted for the audience of the most powerful people in the galaxy the same story he'd told her the night before, and as it culminated with his attempt on the life of the Exarch [member="Srina Talon"] she could feel panic rising in her chest. The fluttering of her rapidly beating heart in her chest was hard to contain but she knew that it would be as loud as the beating of wings against a window for [member="Xobos Yakieer"] in the chair beside her, and likely even more so to the Sith Lord perched atop the dais beside the Vicelord.

For a moment the redheaded apprentice considered excusing herself - but then Adron spoke, and any thought of flight vanished. Despite the anger she could feel radiating from the man like waves of heat across the black symbol on her forearm, it seemed he intended no ill-will towards the now crumpled form of her friend in the centre of the chamber. And as the voice of the Viceroy of Mechis III joined in with another voice in favour of not turning ire towards the man, she could even feel a modicum of relief leaking into her form.

Perhaps, if they were lucky, the would-be assassin of the Vicelord's prized apprentice wouldn't lose her friend his head... today.

It wasn't much of a surprise, well to some extent, hearing Metus words that it was the Eternal Empires doing that lead to the attack on Kuat and the war with the Republic was a slight shock. Half of the reasoning being that such actions had lead to a needless war with both sides loosing people for no real reason but also due to the fact that for such to happen the Empire willing targeted CIS citizens to stage the initial attack. Though on the other hand she had always felt that the battle over Kuat never made sense, the New Republic never had reason to attack CIS personal, even if their politics never agreed with what the CIS was doing. Combine that with what shew knew about the Eternal Emperor and way he though Chikako knew he was a man more then capable of pulling of such actions.

For the moment the Echani sat silent, until [member="Custani Valcho"] stepped forward with a proposal, one that made sense but at the same time she felt is was much too late, she gave the man his time to speak before stepping up herself. "Though I agree with what Viceroy Valcho says I believe that such actions may be to late to properly implement as in recent times Tythe has noted a slight increase in ship traffic from our neighboring planet, it is very likely that the leader of the Eterinal empire other high ranking members and many military assets have already been transported from the world". It hadn't been anything to look at in the past as Chikako respected the privacy of the other planet but in light of recent events it made to much sense. "Though if need be I am more then ready to have my fleet commence a blockade of the planet immediately or at least observe Nelvaan until CIS froces can take control".

[member="Faye Malvern"] | [member="[/SIZE][COLOR=rgb(235,235,235)]Tsian Denira"][/COLOR] | [member="[COLOR=rgb(235,235,235)]Arisone Irithiel"][/COLOR] | [member="[COLOR=rgb(235,235,235)]Xazzex Xivar"][/COLOR] | [member="[COLOR=rgb(235,235,235)]Violet Kianar"][/COLOR] | [member="[COLOR=rgb(235,235,235)]Vyra Silara"][/COLOR] | [member="[COLOR=rgb(235,235,235)]Adron Malvern"][/COLOR] | [member="[COLOR=rgb(235,235,235)]Shakti Sweet"][/COLOR] | [member="[COLOR=rgb(235,235,235)]Credius Nargath"][/COLOR] | [member="[COLOR=rgb(235,235,235)]Srina Talon"][/COLOR]

It had been a while since the Viceroy of Leritor made appearance to anything. There were more important things than what a government and its Vicelord had planned. The old witch needed to take care of her clan’s move and corruption of a world. Influence of the world to how she desire was standard move. However, news of Mandos and changes to the galaxy made Petra step out of her chamber in her clan’s stronghold.

Now her bare feet had to touch the cold floors the Citadel. Dressed in Dathomir bone beads, stones, and metals that made up the jewelry she worn. Her skin was covered in the blood of her latest offerings that were spells in Paecean and Sith. The witch made the stop for her amusement and another matter. Little thing that some called family. Appearing was to make it known to a child of hers that she was among the stars.

In the room, the witch could mock and roll eyes at easily towards what the people were thinking. Petra was even polite enough to hold her laughter in for the time being by staring down at [member="Darth Metus"]. She had words about all this, but it would be personal. A matter that should be held behind closed doors. However, if people talking like they were, then she was going to speak out how it all should be handled truly. There was only one true path in the matter with a single weakling’s out since that was how she viewed it all.

WEARING: X
TAGS: [member="Petra Cavataio"] | [member="Chikako Liona"] | [member="Shakti Sweet"] | [member="Faye Malvern"] | [member="Tsian Denira"] | [member="Arisone Irithiel"] | [member="Xazzex Xivar"] | [member="Violet Kianar"] | [member="Vyra Silara"] | [member="Adron Malvern"] | [member="Credius Nargath"] | [member="Srina Talon"]​
Both delegates from the Vylmiran pod were quiet. Within him, Voph could feel the rage beginning to boil over. This man confessed to starting a war on Kuat. A war that Voph had specifically traveled to Kuat to ensure didn't happen. He'd been there. He still remembered the heat from the bomb washing over him. Voph turned to look at Tsian, and nodded. As the pod slid from its dock at her behest, Voph stood. He moved to the podium, tapping the buttons required to signal his intent to speak, and activate the pod's microphone. Voph stood, calm and collected. His armor shone under the lights within the great chamber, polished to suit a man of his position.

"Ladies and Gentlemen of the Viceroyalty. I am Darth Voph of Vylmira. Though I no longer stand among you as a representative of my people, I come to you on behalf of the one that is. Though the realms of politics have never been my specialty, I have ventured their waters when required. When Viceroy Denira told me of her destination today, I told her of my intent to join her. A matter such as this is one I wish to speak on personally. As some of you may already know, I stood with Exarch Talon on Kuat. I was there when the bomb detonated. When the fighting started."

Voph paused, letting the echo of his voice die down before he continued. "I was there to ensure that a war was prevented. To ensure that the Exarch was kept safe. And, in at least one of those regards, I succeeded." Voph paused again, this time to look down at the mercenary who had testified against the Eternal Empire. "So imagine my surprise to have this man come forward and tell the congregation that the Eternal Empire is responsible." Voph's face set, staring down at [member="Ephraim"] with a look that could only be described as murderous intent. "The very same Empire that nearly destroyed the galaxy generations ago." Voph looked up, back to the crowd of diplomats. "I was there, on Denova. When it all began. Not the first battle of the war, to be sure. But the battle when peace was no longer an option. When I learned that a mere scouting party, headed by none other than Darth Marr, mysteriously vanished. They were obliterated for simply trespassing in Empire territory."

"The years of subjugation that followed nearly destroyed civilization as we know it. Planets were imprisoned through force, resources were so heavily taxed that people fought in the streets over scraps of bread. I began to wonder if it were even possible to win the war. We could defeat the Empire. But would it be worth it? Would there be a home to return to?" Voph turned to look at Viceroy Valcho. "So pardon me for my bluntness, Viceroy. But a mere blockade would do us no good. Though the seat of power has changed, I see now that the Eternal Empire has not changed in the slightest. And I would see it burn for its crimes against the galaxy."

Voph paused, looking down at Ephraim again. And for a brief moment, he wanted to leap down and run the man through. Vengeance for nearly killing the Exarch. For nearly killing him. It was what he deserved, right? Right? Voph sighed quietly. He was a soldier. Not a politician. "Tacitus should be brought before the Viceroyalty to answer for his crimes. That much I agree. I will defer to whatever verdict the Viceroyalty decrees. As for this man... His crime is not against us, but the New Republic. Though I do not agree with his methods, he speaks true. It was the only way for the Eternal Empire to achieve their goals. Neither I, nor Viceroy Denira, find this man guilty of any crime against our nation. I think it more than fitting that whatever punishment you would seek to give him, we bestow on Tacitus instead."

Voph sighed again, the weight of a thousand lifetimes crushing down on him. It was a stark reminder of just how old he was. How long he'd been fighting this fight. He couldn't remember a time without the Eternal Empire any more. And it made him yearn for the simpler times. But there was no going back now. What little of his being the Sith Empire had not stripped away, the Eternal Empire had destroyed. "I have said my piece. The Vylmiran Delegation yields the floor."

Dressed: XOXO
Tags: [member="Faye Malvern"] | [member="Tsian Denira"] | [member="Arisone Irithiel"] | [member="Xazzex Xivar"] | [member="Chikako Liona"] | [member="Violet Kianar"] | [member="Vyra Silara"] | [member="Adron Malvern"] | [member="Shakti Sweet"] | [member="Credius Nargath"] | [member="Xobos Yakieer"] | [member="Ephraim"] | [member="Havoc (CT-375)"] | [member="Custani Valcho"] | [member="Voph"] | [member="Petra Cavataio"] |

XAj0ohz.gif

"If you can't wake up from the nightmare; Maybe you aren't asleep."

Cold.

The seated position she had taken at the side of the Vicelord within the Citadel was not unfamiliar. She had been to this chamber countless times, for countless reasons, and only once before had she been the subject on such a summit. Previously, she had been filled with purpose. Duty. Hope. Now? She felt as if she had been made hollow. As if something had torn away the foundations she knew. The whole of the Viceroyalty were only called to one forum when a veritable armageddon nipped shamelessly at their heels. Everyone knew the rumors. The speculation. One could scarcely fathom the implications, the problems, the moments of breathless and terror-struck disbelief. The lies.

She wore his armor.

She carried his sword.

Were they gifts? Or were they gilded poison?

6885585c8dc37f96f635d080464aa92b.png

Her expression only seemed to break from hateful nothingness when [member="Adron Malvern"] entered.

Silver eyes bore down on her fellow Exarch with the unrivaled power and strength of a black hole. They were reflective pools, made for drowning, for taking a final breath. For being crushed with no hope of escape. Her fury twined so deeply in her bones that it felt as if it had been etched into her marrow. The hate festered. [member="Darth Metus"] had spent countless days teaching her to reign in her newfound connection to that which all found themselves beholden. She wanted to rail against the accusations. She had brought [member="Darth Tacitus"] and the remnants of the Shrouded Republic in from the cold when the Ancient Eye perished.

Srina Talon, her faith, had convinced her Master. Just as her instincts had led her to [member="Adron Malvern"].

Could she still trust in herself?

As much as her upbringing allowed, the Exarch had loved them both. One had betrayed her. One…One claimed to side with the Confederacy. Yet—That did not state that he had chosen to side with her. She was but a servant to a nation at large, as they all were, and yet, the plot that unraveled seemed to make it so much more. Fire surged in her veins when [member="Ephraim"] turned the events of the war with the New Republic into some fairytale of political maneuvering. Darth Omnia pulled from her seat like a vengeful shadow and had his throat in her hands before anyone could think to stop her.

If this pathetic worm had no vocal cords, he could not spread such filth.

Only she hadn’t moved. Time stood still while the Obsidian pulled the proof from his being. Her already pale skin seemed to whiten further when the verdict came to life.

Could this be the same man that she had come to know? Kainan? Her friend? Confidant? Her head ached. She had traveled to Kuat with a small entourage to employ diplomatic efforts. The NR claimed they were innocent. Srina had pressed investigation over full on war. The bomb that went off tipped the scales. It placed all that she lived for in danger. It brought countless citizens of both nations to a gruesome end. It had crippled Aryn. Injured [member="Voph"]. Killed Metus. She listened in silence while everyone spoke. [member="Custani Valcho"] made a show of support. He had a plan of action to stem the potential bleeding that the Confederacy may suffer in the wake of such duplicity. [member="Chikako Liona"] raised good points as well. The Eternal Empire had allegedly been harboring a dark secret for months. They were too smart not to take precautions. [member="Voph"]…The blindfolded Miralukan that she had grown fond of…He too remembered what it was like on the ground.

He knew that she was not the same. Not, as she had once been.

Srina breathed and her Master would feel when the dark within her moved, unbidden, unholy and with the precision of a blade. Her voice split the air like a clap of thunder. Filled with nothing—Everything. “…All of this…”, she trailed off, while mirrored eyes fell to Ephraim once more, “Is taken at the word and memory of one mercenary who suddenly found the light and turned himself in?”

“Memories can be altered. Even the best can be fooled.”

For a moment it may have seemed as if she were defending [member="Darth Tacitus"] or the sad creature that had crumbled before them. A pregnant paused left the air feeling dry. Stale. She inhaled quietly before continuing. “If you began the fighting on the ground…”, Srina trailed off, softly, before slowly rising to her feet. Her movement was unorthodox. She typically did not move from the beginning of a meeting to the end. This action led her down the steps. Crossing the small path while a cloak of onyx fluttered behind her like the wings of a raven. “You caused the explosion.”

“You ruined any hope of staying the bloodshed. You took from me…The one thing I cannot forgive.”

The notion of Ephriam being spared was laughable. She knelt and took his chin, turning his face toward her own before the Viceroyalty, so that he could see what he had made. There was no empathy in her eyes. His actions, his hand, had taken the life of her unborn child. A mercenary, getting paid, following orders, was no less guilty in her eyes. It was almost worse. Anger burned. Seared. Somehow…She kept it hidden just beneath the flimsy surface of her skin. “…Worry not, Ephraim deWinter. Though your strings have been cut we will still find your puppet master. We will have the whole truth, lest, our nation become falsely weaponized again. If found guilty the Eternal Empire will be held accountable. Kainan Wolf will be held accountable. All parties involved—Will be held accountable to the highest degree. Do you confess to aiding and orchestrating a terrorist attack? Do you confess to bringing an explosive device into the Conference Center on Kuat?”

Wearing: (x)
Objective: View justice

Tagging: [member="Faye Malvern"] | [member="Tsian Denira"] | [member="Arisone Irithiel"] | [member="Xazzex Xivar"] | [member="Chikako Liona"] | [member="Violet Kianar"] | [member="Vyra Silara"] | [member="Adron Malvern"] | [member="Shakti Sweet"] | [member="Credius Nargath"] | [member="Xobos Yakieer"] | [member="Ephraim"] | [member="Havoc (CT-375)"]| [member="Custani Valcho"] | [member="Voph"] | [member="Petra Cavataio"] | [member="Srina Talon"]

PlainBar.png
The Viceroyalty met but rarely, the leaders of planets coming togetehr to advise the leaders of the Confederacy on the most important and dangerous of decisions, on setting the directions of the Confederacy as they looked to the future. Or sometimes, as was the case today, looking to the past. Looking to someone who they had all met, who they had all welcomed as a friend, trusted even. Yet, as thruths were revealled and the sheer depths of the levels to which the Eternal Empire had sunk were revealed John could feel the collective disbelief and anger filling hte room, and he wasn't even force sensitive.

The man's metallic fingers tapped slowly on the arm rest of his chair, dark eyes hooded and silent as he let his memories overwhelm him for a moment as he let himself relieve the fight above Eshan. Trapped as he had been in the task of clearing out the air-space around the planet he'd only learnt about the attack on the life of the Exarch later, joining the rest of the Confederacy in anger, in shock and dismay. To find out that the entire situation had been orchestrated by one of their own, within their own hose. The arms of John's chair creaked, his fingers digging into the material as he let out a deep breath. That was the hardest part to accept, to handle, leaving the cyborg feeling like claws of ice were grasping at his soul. This was one of their own, attacks from others, that was to be accepted but this was a community and they were all supposed to protect one another.

But they didn't.

That was the simple truth of it, the inescapable force behind the anger he could see building in the eyes of the delagates around him. The same anger he could feel reaching for his own soul, the darkness he'd come to recognise after Taanab. He could hear Exarch's Talon's soft question as John let his own gaze meet Voph's, catching his friend's eyes as he shook his head. "He knew what he was doing," he pointed out softly, one hand gesturing at the prisoner, "if he'd gone in blind then maybe, but he knew what the purpose was, knew what he was doing on the ground. Can we really say he's innocent with that confession in the air?" John forced himself to release his deathgrip on his seat, leaning forward, "Does the blame rest entirely with him? No, Kainan Wolfe is the leader of the Eternal Empire and I agree he needs to answer our questions, answer for the crimes laid at his feet. But he's not innocent, not at all."

[member=John Locke] | [member=Tsian Denira] | [member=Arisone Irithiel] | [member=Xazzex Xivar] | [member=Chikako Liona] | [member=Violet Kianar] | [member=Vyra Silara] | [member=Adron Malvern] | [member=Shakti Sweet] | [member=Credius Nargath] | [member=Xobos Yakieer] | [member=Ephraim] | [member=Havoc (CT-375)] | [member=Custani Valcho] | [member=Voph] | [member=Petra Cavataio] | [member=Srina Talon]

‘Viceroy Kinar, it’s a pleasure.’ Faye offered her a friendly smile and nod at her comment. ‘I often find even the smallest of places can make the biggest of differences. Your people are lucky to have one so invested in their future.’ All the while the words poured from her painted lips, the familiar force signature was growing closer. It grew so close it was practically pressed against the door, but the minute it opened Faye realised why. It was the woman from the battlefield. The one she had saved a soldier for, the one that had sat by her side in an attempt to see the wounded men made it home safely, with still-beating hearts. Faye’s raven eyes blinked rapidly, but the smile that formed on her face was a bright, beaming one. Whether or not she enjoyed today, it would be good to have a familiar face to sit beside.

‘Ah, it would be a strange place to discover a nurse. Fortunately, I'm known as Minister Malvern around here.’ The soft chuckle that escaped her throat was filled with mild amusement, something that Faye thought she’d never find in these hallowed halls. Not on a day like today, but there it was. 'It's so good to see you again. I-...' She opened her mouth to begin a conversation but was cut short by the wavering hand of their Vicelord to pay attention.

‘Won’t you both join me?’ Faye offered both ladies a welcoming smile, motioning for the young girl to bring two chairs forward and place them beside hers. They were placed behind the viceroy just in time for the Vicelord to bid them to sit, following with a speech that Faye could only clench her jaw through. It was filled with pain that he had done well to hide from others, but it didn’t escape her. Much like Adron and herself, the Vicelord was tied to this tale of betrayal by more than just his duty. The safety of his family, his treasure, had come into question. For the Vicelord this was personal, and Faye could taste it through the words he had done so well to mask. Inspiring though his speech was, it wasn’t the reason the entire amphitheater held its breath, no. It was to hear the confession that would come next.

‘Ladies and gentlemen of the Viceroy, my fellow Ministers, Exarchs and Vicelord Metus.’ Faye stood as she addressed the gathered Confederates, voice amplified confidently across the amphitheater. ‘I need not impress the severity of the betrayal we all feel at this present moment. I need not impress the fear and difficulty that the Eternal Empire’s actions put you and all your charges in. In saying this, I agree entirely and in full with Exarch [member=Adron Malvern] and Viceroy [member=Custani Valcho]’s proposal. Tacitus and the Empire should be brought forth to stand trial for their actions. The crime committed is too great to allow it to go unpunished. However, I must agree with Viceroy [member=Chikako Liona]’s comment on the inappropriate timing of this blockade. I fear it would cost too much in time and money to implement, given that we are now entirely unsure of what the Eternal Empire or those consorting with them are planning next. Especially for Viceroy Liona herself, whose Nobel offer of her fleets to perform this blockade would surely see her in an unfortunate situation should the Empire decide to act.’

‘And to address representative [member=Darth Voph]’s motion, I would begin by saying that your actions on Kuat are commendable. You and those who fought by your side are in our deepest debt. I’m afraid, as far as I’m concerned…’ Faye turned her raven eyes on the man called [member=Ephraim]. ‘...this man pulled the trigger. I’m in agreement with Exarch Talon and Minister Locke. Tacitus should be brought to trial, and stand for the crimes he set out to commit, but did this man not also commit a crime? Perhaps he knew nothing of the true scale of the consequences his actions would bring, perhaps the only real involvement in this plan was accepting a job, but by his own admittance, he knew the reasons for his involvement. He knew what the Empire would gain from this. Punishing the mastermind behind criminal intent is logical, punishing the man who pulled the trigger is justice. We all deserve justice, none more than those who still suffer from the damage sustained in the chaos, and none more than lost their lives on Kuat.’

The Minister paused for a brief moment, whether it was for herself or the benefit of the other Viceroy was unclear but it lasted exactly two heart-beats. ‘I do not believe his punishment should be as great as those handed out to Tacitus and his Empire. In this case, I believe death would neither be fitting or right for the purpose nor would imprisonment. Might I suggest for consideration that this man pays back his debt to those lives lost on Kuat.’ Her next words were directed unabashed to [member=Ephraim], with no hint of hesitation in her voice. ‘As a mercenary, I’m sure there are many tasks in the Confederacy that your skillset is suited too. Think of it as… community service, if you like.’ Faye turned back to the rest of the amphitheater with a face completely devoid of expression. ‘The suggested punishment along with the length, time and any other finer details I leave to you, Viceroy. Having said all I feel I can say, I yield my time.’

Lowering herself slowly back into her chair was a blessing. The lights weren’t bright enough to burn her eyes back here, neither were the watching faces of the Viceroy focused on her. What little railing surrounded the balcony she sat on was enough to provide a modicum of privacy. Though the mask could not be completely lifted due to the unexpected company of Viceroy Arisone and Violet, Faye felt herself relax a little. There were likely many more Viceroy with things to add, but at least now the only task remaining was to listen.

Xazzex reclined comfortably in her seat as the reigning rulers of the Confederacy made a show of their entrance. Why shouldn't they? Evidently this was a rather personal matter as the testimony would soon bear out. Some of them might even had a personal stake -- or familial relation -- which needed addressing before proceedings began. How delightful nothing shocking occurred. A daring defection before the assemble Viceroyalty would have been quite the scandal. Enough for her to put certain plans into hyperdrive to ensure her home weathered the storm better than most. Such, however, proved unnecessary, which suited her perfectly well. Some things were best done slowly. Quietly.

Despite the lack of straightened posture or widened eyes at the sound of Metus himself calling the affair into motion, the Falleen Viceroy heard his every word. To be honest, his opening statement did nothing to tug at her heartstrings. Cold calculus ensured she would not deride the man for his sentimentality, however. After all, if they cared so much for Kuat surely they would care should somewhere of personal interest suffer the loss of 'innocent lives.' It was never about what someone said, but the implications of both what was said and what was not. A game with the lives of 'millions' -- perhaps billions or even trillions -- at stake.

The slightest tick in Xazzex's right eyebrow followed the testimony given to them all and confirmed soon afterward. A false-flag assault to have the Confederacy wage battle? Typical. And they taregtted Srina Talon to make sure it happened? Again, not the Falleen way, but she had to admit it was a bold and effective plan -- so long as you were never found out, or all the players had changed you could hand wave it as an 'unfortunate chapter' in history. The players, however, had not changed. Yes, a terrible mistake for them not to have assassinated this mercenary.

On that note, the next scene of the show began. Exarch Malvern himself set the strong tone at the onset. Xazzex could at least appreciate their candor, if not their all hunger of swallowing up planets with their 'diplomacy.'

And perhaps as a natural consequence of such strength the masses took to proclaiming their support and desire to take action to punish the terrible ally. Xazzex's gaze shifted leisurely from one speaker to the next. Valchoa of Mechis III. Liona of Tythe. Voph of Vyimira. Srina Talon herself. Minister Locke. Lady Malvern. Well, such was to be expected. You couldn't hold a public trial by remaining silent. Thankfully all those so far had been reasonable in their input on how best to move forward. No one making foolish motions to delay what was wrapped with a neat little bow before them. Perhaps too neatly.

In the end that was the important part to come of all this -- how they moved forward.

Srina's words were the least...filtered of them all. For obvious reasons. Xazzex contemplated her declaration of holding them all accountable. A matter the Eternal Empire must have foreseen if word of their relocation were accurate. Prudent. Futile, perhaps, but prudent. At least they might not be slaughtered before the day was out.

"Before we met out justice," Xazzex's called out as she rose from her seat to stand and face those assembled, "I would hear more from this mercenary. I would hear from you, [member="Ephraim"] deWinter, why you have come here 'of your own free will.' You testify you were given a 'kiffing' amount of credits for your deed. Obviously, you have been a mercenary for some time; no doubt with a very lengthy list of crimes to your name. So, how then did you happen to come across your misplaced sense of morality that you should turn yourself in? It is unlike an assassin to throw themselves on the mercy of those they sought to kill. What do you gain from this confession?"

How was it of any import? Motive was of fundamental concern especially given what they had just heard. Why the man did what he did today was just as important as why or for whom he'd done it yesterday. If this trial was going to have them march to war against their 'true' enemy, Xazzex would make sure they were not fooled a second time. Besides, she was most curious what led a man to confess so that he might be spared. Could he not find a hole deep enough to escape his conscience? Then the Eternal Empire would have chosen poorly for their assassin indeed. Perhaps, she just wanted the man to lay bare his sins at every level -- if altruism was truly at the heart of this tear-jerking performance -- and to drive a knife of admission into him where wounds were slow if ever to heal.

Tag: [member="Faye Malvern"] | [member="Tsian Denira"] | [member="Arisone Irithiel"] | [member="Chikako Liona"] | [member="Violet Kianar"] | [member="Vyra Silara"] | [member="Adron Malvern"] | [member="Shakti Sweet"] | [member="Credius Nargath"] | [member="Srina Talon"] | [member="Darth Metus"] | [member="Voph"] | [member="Havoc (CT-375)"] | [member="Alkor Centaris"] | [member="Xobos Yakieer"] | [member="Custani Valcho"] | [member="Petra Cavataio"] | [member="John Locke"]​

Credius listened calmly to the mercenary's words. They were damning, more so to the man himself than any party he'd be associated with or any person he'd be accusing with them. Even when they were called out as truthful, the Marquis simply leaned back within his appointed seat and held his hands close to his chin, leaning a bit forward to hear what the other attendees of this conference had to say during the proceedings. The Viceroy of Eriadu had not yet had the pleasure of being formally introduced to the majority of the people that were in attendance of this conference, thus decided it to be wise to at the very least spare them his own vision and judgment upon this quite delicate situation. In stead using his KRONOS AI to monitor each and every person deciding to speak up either on their own accord or at the behest of those they served.

Several people seemed to desire to chimein with proposals to handle the situations, while others seemed more concerned with uncovering a truth behind the aforementioned mercenary's actions, a truth which might not even exist depending on the situation. For themoment, all Credius could do was nod silently after each speech, observing everyone with a meticulously cold gaze.

When Viceroy [member="Custani Valcho"] mentioned a blockade and a series of sanctions, the Marquis closed his eyes for a moment, wondering if that man was a career politician, given his choice of words and speech pattern, it would not be that much of a surprise. A few others followed, making small remarks or continuing the debate without adding much to the context, until the one representing Vylmira spoke up. This [member="Voph"] seemed to be rather passionate and strong of character, someone to look out for within his own right. A firy speech followed, pointing out the Eternal Empire's past, with quite the detail, which somewhat surprised the Marquis. However, even with such a speech given, the man simply listened and reserved his words for himself.

A few people followed, each bearing either words of wisdom, desiring war or the opposite, but none seemed to truly figure out a solution or present anything new to the table. Yet, when the Viceroy of Eriadu heard someone ask the correct question for once, his eyes opened. He heard it, those words which made it obvious that at least someone, [member="Xazzex Xivar"] actually had discovered the oddity within the situation. All questions and all plans or sanctions were indeed irrelevant when taking into account that it was a mercenary who was throwing themselves to the wolves. The real question that needed to be answered was simply: why? Why did this man do it, why did he even devulge his own operation and lastly: why reveal everything so readily?

Standing up for once, clearing his throat, Credius looked around at all those present and eventually at the mercenary himself. "Esteemed colleagues, My Exarchs and your Excellency, Vicelord Darth Methus. I, Credius Arcosius Nargath, recently appointed Viceroy of Eriadu, Affirm that the questions asked by the esteemed Lady [member="Xazzex Xivar"] do pique my own interest, as I do not doubt you all probably wonder the same thing. I propose that we refrain from making any decisions until these questions have been answered truthfully." Making a respectful nod to those who were in charge of the proceedings, the Marquis looked at [member="Xazzex Xivar"] to show he supported her request, granting her a nod before seating himself again.

Tag: [member="Faye Malvern"] | [member="Tsian Denira"] | [member="Arisone Irithiel"] | [member="Chikako Liona"] | [member="Violet Kianar"] | [member="Vyra Silara"] | [member="Adron Malvern"] | [member="Shakti Sweet"] | [member="Srina Talon"] | [member="Darth Metus"] | [member="Voph"] | [member="Havoc (CT-375)"] | [member="Alkor Centaris"] | [member="Xobos Yakieer"] | [member="Custani Valcho"] | [member="Petra Cavataio"] | [member="John Locke"]

VSulUUV.gif

Objective: Watch, listen
Voices: Intrigued
Equipment: Lightsaber, Faceless Armor
Tag: [member="Faye Malvern"] | [member="Tsian Denira"] | [member="Arisone Irithiel"] | [member="Chikako Liona"] | [member="Violet Kianar"] | [member="Vyra Silara"] | [member="Adron Malvern"] | [member="Shakti Sweet"] | [member="Srina Talon"] | [member="Darth Metus"] | [member="Voph"] | [member="Havoc (CT-375)"] | [member="Alkor Centaris"] | [member="Credius Nargath"] | [member="Custani Valcho"] | [member="Petra Cavataio"] | [member="John Locke"]

8wDTtQq.png

After a few moments, the group was allowed to take their seats. The Miraluka watched as many in the group took seats according to their viceroyalty, which intrigued her, taking a moment to remember faces and locations to possibly speak with them later on. For her part, both she and the redhead apprentice were led to seats near their master, with Xobos taking the outermost one, leaving shakti in between her and her master. There was little significance to it, and just seemed to work out that way unfortunately.

They barely had time to take their seats before the whole thing kicked off with the accused recounting the whole event. It was an..intriguing account, to say the very least, one that had Xobos politely listening the entire time. His account did make it seem like he was only paid to do the job, and didn’t have any sort of political leanings that may have made him wish to do this out of his own devices. “He still did it, though, little master. One can not simply walk away from something like this.” Ambrus mused in her mind, prompting her to bit the inside of her lip as the man finished his speech. Tension shot through her body at feeling the anxiety of her sister apprentice, knowing what the next few minutes could mean for her.

And for a few minutes, it seemed as though things were going in their favor. An older man’s idea on the punishment, along with their master’s, seemed as though they were leaning toward the more merciful of the punishments that could have been given. A blockade and a hunt for the enternal empire leader could be extremely interesting as well, and Xobos couldn’t help but wonder if she would be involved in the hunt if that was the case. Though, knowing how powerful Tactus was, it would not be a surprise if that hunt was left to the most senior of knights obsidian to take on.

There were others that came and gave their opinions on the matter. Another Miraluka, one that Xobos had the pleasure of meeting before all of this, agreed with the viceroyals before him that the man shouldn’t receive any punishment. Xobos wasn’t sure she agreed with that extreme. He did cost many their lives in an evil deed. Though if he had to have no punishment for her sister apprentice to not be punished in turn, then that was needed to happen. Overall, things seemed to be going in their favor quite well. That was, until the white haired exarch, the target of the attack herself, stood to speak to the congregation.

In her speech, she unleashed seemingly all the anger she had toward the man in one long, seemingly never-ending moment that practically silenced the entire building. With each word, Xobos could feel her fists clench tighter in her lap. The words, while harsh, range true. The man had committed a horrible terrorist act, and it was suspicious why he would seemingly come and turn himself in. It almost felt like the tone of the room was changing as the words came from the Exarch’s mouth. The apprentice had to hold a shiver, or movement of any kind, back when the promise that all parties involved would be held accountable. She understood Shakti had little, if any at all, connection to this whole mess, but still, the words cut deep.

More voices spoke up after the exarch was finished, calling for the man to continue answering questions, but Srina’s words lingered on Xobos’s mind. “That was not a favorable turn, I believe.” She exachled slowly as both Ora’s and Srina’s words rolled around in her mind, knowing that this whole mess was far from being cleaned up.

8wDTtQq.png

Alexander

A
Fire and Ice.

The duality was enough that it had momentarily robbed the mercenary of his breath. In one moment, a pallid blur danced before Ephraim's vision. The Exarch [member="Srina Talon"] burned through the gap and seized Ephraim's jaw in her grasp. Her touch was as icy as the reputation the "Dread Queen" had cultivated for herself. To gaze upon her face - the still expression which bled utter rage - caused a modicum of regret to blossom within the man's stomach. Though he had been assured at the outset, his fate now literally rested in the hands of one directly impacted by his actions.

In the next instant, his mind was pried open and displayed for the Obsidian to witness. As the man enunciated the truth of his findings, it was almost as if the Echani's grasp tightened upon his face. Bound as ever, the mercenary was powerless to resist. Powerless to do anything but suffer the questioning of the Exarch who was in total control. At first, the mercenary held his peace, before craning his head past the woman. The motion was for her eyes - for he indicated the podium of the Vicelord and the other Exarch.

"I'm good, but I'm not good enough to pull a fast one on the lot of you. You...all three of ya, we all know what you can do. Don't believe me? Take a walk in my skull yourself." His words could have been construed as a suicide attempt, yet Ephraim soon turned his gaze back up to the Echani herself. "You already have my confession. I took the job. I brought the explosive. But I'm no terrorist. You wanna flay me for it, fine, but I did it for the coin and not a damn thing else."

From thence, the mercenary held his peace once more, yielding as the Viceroys debated his fate. One saw him as innocent and spoke of the atrocities of the Eternal Empire's past. Another did not see him as innocent, for he knowingly participated in the plot. Another spoke directly to Ephraim, suggesting that he ply his craft in service to the Confederacy. The notion elicted a chuckle from the deWinter. "If you want my life in service, I'll give it gladly." Ephraim kept his words as brief as possible, for he was speaking into the palm of an Echani after all.

But then came the question of the hour. What was he getting out of the deal? Why confess? Why now? Ephraim had to resist the urge to sigh heavily in the Exarch's palm.

"Before Kuat and after, I came to live and work here. I settled. I started to build something decent. After the job, I realized that if I ever got caught - or if whispers of my involvement came out, anyone I've ever met would be crucified along with me. What do I get out of this? I get to ensure that innocent, Confederate lives that I've come to give a damn about don't get caught in the crossfire. If I go down, I won't take anyone else with me. That's it. And if you have any doubts, well, the mind-karker is right behind me."

[member="Faye Malvern"] | [member="Tsian Denira"] | [member="Arisone Irithiel"] | [member="Chikako Liona"] | [member="Violet Kianar"] | [member="Vyra Silara"] | [member="Adron Malvern"] | [member="Shakti Sweet"] | [member="Srina Talon"] | [member="Voph"] | [member="Havoc (CT-375)"] | [member="Alkor Centaris"] | [member="Credius Nargath"] | [member="Custani Valcho"] | [member="Petra Cavataio"] | [member="John Locke"] | [member="Xobos Yakieer"]​

Purp-Dranq.gif
[member="Ephraim"] | [member="Xobos Yakieer"] | [member="Credius Nargath"] | [member="Xazzex Xivar"] | [member="Faye Malvern"] | [member="John Locke"] | [member="Srina Talon"] | [member="Chikako Liona"] | [member="Custani Valcho"]
The Exarch placed no great deal of faith in the words of this man, yet the writing was on the wall and he was quite fluent in the language. Adron let out a bitter exhale, not liking the taste of the truth anymore than he had the first time he heard the words spoken to him. He looked to his partner as she spoke, and almost immediately he turned his eyes from her. He could not imagine the rage that spilled from her in large torrents. No, it was impossible to truly gauge her thoughts when this matter was so close to the heart for her. Still, he remained silent to consider what was to come next. He retreated into the back of his mind while the others spoke...

Yet, something scratched at the surface of his mind. Barely noticeable, it caused the Exarch's amethyst eyes to scan the room like a hawk. His hand had wrapped around his walking cane, his middle finger tapping the obsidian wolf that capped the piece. The Force was speaking to him in subtle whispers once again, leaving hints and footprints to something that he could not quite comprehend. He started to ignore it, but the moment he did it began to slam out at him in deep waves. That was when he felt it for what it was. Not the Force in it's purest form, nor was it the Dark Side granting him some measure of clairvoyance. No, it was like the soft clicking of gears, spinning so fast that they made a jaunty tune. That tune, as low as it was told a story of fear and anxiety. He could feel it emanating out in deep waves. His first thought was Ephraim. The man was set to be murdered for the events he took place in, so it would make sense for this to come from him.

Adron's eyes landed on the man and almost immediately he knew this to be false. No. Ephraim's thoughts were not so...familiar. They were not so easy for him to understand. It was that clue that gave him the final piece to this puzzle. The Sith Lord's mouth slightly opened in an expression of understanding. He paused, setting his walking cane on his shoulder before slowly turning back to those who sat behind him.

She could not have known that her worries were slowly spilling into his own mind. That every thought she was thinking was gradually becoming his own. Hell, had it not been for the mark on her arm, Adron likely would not have noticed. Yet, she was so utterly transparent to him.

The Exarch did not throw himself into a fit of rage or even glare at the woman. No, he had seen all it was for what it could be. She cared for the man. Yes, in some way or another her heart had reached out to Ephraim in worry. It was so utterly misplaced.

His voice crept out, like shadows covering a world of fire. It spoke to [member="Shakti Sweet"] with a certain amusement.

'You knew?' He asked her, through the telepathic link formed in the Dark Mark he had branded her with.

He turned from Shakti, his eyes returning to the sight before him. 'How long have you known of this?' He demanded, before setting the foot of his cane down on the floor below. Then, he would stand as if to turn back to the Vicelord, but instead, his eyes rested on Shakti.

'Shall I kill him? Will that be the price you pay? Or shall I kill you?' His question held no malice, it was eerily matter of fact, as he gazed off at the woman with a searching look.

He exhaled, before looking to [member="Xobos Yakieer"] and eyeing her closely. "Xobos. It is time for you to go, take Shakti and leave this place." He ordered his apprentices, this time speaking aloud. Speaking softly, so only a few around them could hear. If Shakti was connected with this, she needed to be removed from these chambers quickly.

He turned from them and made his way back to his master.

You stupid girl. Had you told me sooner, I may have been able to prevent this.

orangbar.png
It all turned so quickly.

In the moments following her Master's words, there had been reason to find calm. There had been hope that perhaps they would see that her friend as what he was - a pawn, an extremely well paid one, that had acted upon orders. He was foolish, reckless, and at times seemingly underwhelmed with the damage he'd done, but she knew his heart. He had a warriors sensibilities, and all those who had ventured onto Kuat that day knew well that it would likely take a toll in blood.

Though as the pallid Dread Queen [member="Srina Talon"] rose, the train of her black gown trailing from the dais as she moved to snatch up [member="Ephraim"]'s chin, she began to understand that not all who had come to Kuat that day had known what the cost would be. 'You took from me... the one thing I cannot forgive.' Everything was silent. Those words hung so heavily in the air that in the vacuum the phrase had created, Shakti could feel every ounce of her hope stolen. Her heart stilled and breathing became some sort of fever dream that she could only vaguely recall.

One hand rose, numb and gently shaking, her fingers bumping her cheek dumbly, pulling back to find them stained with tears. All at once sound rushed back in, the pounding of her own heartbeat like thunder in her ears. She was sure that her skin would be pale, though thankfully the burnish golden hue always loaned itself to hiding such things. She forced her hand to lower as the hearing continued, and gripped the arms of the chair tightly.

Talk turned to possible punishment - what would become of the man who now knelt, crumpled in a heap in the centre of the chamber... The idea of indentured servitude in the name of the Confederacy was floated and for an instant that cold stone in her stomach was forgotten. Slavery. They discussed slavery. They could call it community service all they liked, but the Minister of Influence had suggested that the punishment to be doled out should be the forfeiture of Ephraim's freedom, and indeed his life if they so chose...

The tears that had fallen ceased almost as quickly as they had begun, a roaring heat searing away every ounce of pain that had brought them to her eyes. Hypocrites. Liars. This government toted itself as righteous, as greater even than the Empire to the North which had built itself upon the backs of slaves - but the instant a difficult choice had presented itself, their first instinct was to revert back to the same tactics... Pathetic.

So wholly focused she'd become on her anger, that she had not noticed the gentle pushing at the edge of her mind. It wasn't until the voice of her Master, [member="Adron Malvern"] joined her own inside her mind that she was jolted out of her seething rage. Her lips parted, forming a small 'O' in surprise. Eyes still stained with tears lifted from where Ephraim knelt, finding the amethyst depths she recognized so well boring down upon her.

He stood, his first two questions hanging heavily between them. How long had she known? She hesitated... It hadn't been long, but when Ephraim had left her alone the day before, her first instinct had not been to inform the Exarch. Instead she'd taken the time to prepare herself for what she knew was to come, and to mourn what was to be lost... And as he stared down at her, his next three questions made it plain that this had been the wrong choice.

It was to be his death or hers then... So be it. A resolve came across the mute's tear stained face, eyes unwavering as the Exarch took time instead to speak to her sister, instructing the woman seated beside her to escort her out. She offered no response to either and instead spared one final glance to the man that remained knelt in the centre of the room. Pushing herself heavily from the chair she turned and exited the chamber, not waiting to see if [member="Xobos Yakieer"] had followed. She was certain that the girl would... Xobos was every ounce the obedient student Shakti never would be.

A sharp, mirthless laugh fell from the Falleen's lips. "At least you spared us the melodrama of having found your better self," the green woman declared with a roll of her eyes. "In the end, a selfish desire to keep what is yours. Pointless as it would have been." Xazzex's hands fell upon the banister before her. With full force and even tempo, the Viceroy continued, "After all, the Confederacy would not have come for those you cared for out of a misplaced desire for retribution. It is a government of laws. One that is prepared to weigh the punishment for its violation given the full confession you have brought before us."

Her gaze swept over the ruling 'council' in attendance. Slowly Xazzex straightened up upon her floating dais. "So long as this is not a foolish effort to mislead us into year another battle. Another war. One perhaps fitting to yourself as retribution for placing you in this 'terrible' predicament, I am content to yield the decision of suitable punishment to those wronged. Provided," a faint smile touched her black lips, "it abides by the rule of Confederate law. Falleen will contribute whatever reasonable demands are made of us as needed. An assault on one of us, is an assault on all of us."

What was her game? Why, only ensuring this great and wonderful institution her planet pledged itself to upheld its end of the unbreakable bond. Should they fail in that endeavor, would its members not be free to question the very bonds that made the Confederacy? That would oh so very unfortunate. And so long as this delightful little family of planets shackled them together, she would expect them all to aid Falleen so vigorously as everyone seemed inclined today for their ruling body.

Tag: [member="Faye Malvern"] | [member="Tsian Denira"] | [member="Arisone Irithiel"] | [member="Chikako Liona"] | [member="Violet Kianar"] | [member="Vyra Silara"] | [member="Adron Malvern"] | [member="Shakti Sweet"] | [member="Credius Nargath"] | [member="Srina Talon"] | [member="Darth Metus"] | [member="Voph"] | [member="Havoc (CT-375)"] | [member="Alkor Centaris"] | [member="Xobos Yakieer"] | [member="Custani Valcho"] | [member="Petra Cavataio"] | [member="John Locke"]​

dividerfela.png

Tag: [member="Faye Malvern"], [member="Tsian Denira"], [member="Voph"], [member="Arisone Irithiel"], [member="Xazzex Xivar"], [member="Chikako Liona"], [member="Violet Kianar"], [member="Vyra Silara"], [member="Adron Malvern"], [member="Shakti Sweet"], [member="Credius Nargath"], [member="Havoc (CT-375)"], [member="Alkor Centaris"], [member="Xobos Yakieer"], [member="Custani Valcho"], [member="Srina Talon"], [member="John Locke"]

The Vicelord was not satisfied.

When it came to the hallowed chambers of the Viceroyalty, it was not the place of the Sith to dictate the direction of the worlds. Though he led, he was not their Emperor. He was not their Master. Freedom of choice was what separated their nation from the imperial warmachines they toiled against. And as the discussion criss-crossed the floor, furious echoes sang in his ear. Oh the fury of his apprentice knew no bounds. To see with her own eyes the one who had stolen her child...it caused her to rise immediately.

She abandoned her place and clutched the mercenary within her grasp. His fate was at her mercy. With but a whim, his sordid existence could be extinguished - and he knew she wanted nothing more. Yet she was not alone in her fury. The former Imperial - Adron - was suddenly alive with frustration. Though their relationship was not as deep as the innate bond shared with the Echani...Darth Metus knew his apprentice. Both were consumed with anger, for differing reasons...and with anger, mistakes could be made.

The Sith's hands clutched the arms of his seat for several moments as he hearkened to the suggestions. Too much attention was being placed in the wrong places - and as he ruminated on this reality, he thought back to the Battle of Kuat. He thought back to the moments leading up the attack and remembered the words of his daughter. She thought something was amiss. She thought things did not add up - that the New Republic attack seemed...off. That all of it seemed off, like they were being pushed into conflict.

Oh how right she was.

Hindsight was as crystal clear as a shining jewel, and thus the Vicelord rose from his seat. "Exarch Talon." he began, motioning his dominant hand to the vacant chair beside him. "Your place is here." Oh he knew what she desired more than anything...and he wanted nothing more than the same. Her wrath was His wrath. Her pain was His pain. And any mistakes...would be his as well. It would feel glorious in the moment to sate the burning desire for revenge...but amidst the chambers of the nation they built? They were different. He always told her that they were different. This was once such moment. As the words fell from his lips, he reminded her to trust him betwixt their bond.

A step forward was taken and his offhand was motioned towards the mercenary. "It was said to me, above Kuat on the day of the operation...that things seemed awry. The Adjutant of the Dauntless Legion implored that I stayed our wrath from the surface. That we give the investigation time to proceed - and that we keep our guard raised. She felt that, even the attack upon our civilians weeks prior, was amiss." His words were uttered with an even tone, despite the fury roiling through his veins. "I have no reason to doubt the Knights Obsidian. I - We - entrust them to be the stewards of justice within our nation. To root out corruption was their foundational goal. I have no doubt that what they have verified is true. Thus.

"This man before us is expendable, for what is a mercenary's fortune compared to an Empire's wealth? What he unleashed upon Kuat was Barbaric. And within the confines of Confederate Law, we regard only one offense as truly Barbarism. Slavery. Those who commit this crime within our borders are sentenced, as you all know, to Petranaki. There, they taste the cold steel of chains as they had subjected their victims. There, they know the fear of demise. There, they know pain. There, they may die. Slavery is barbaric enough that we would answer with barbarism. Therefore, I motion that we do not give this man glorified community service to the nation - but answer his crime with the only fitting consequence."

"Should he survive, as so few slavers do, he will be terminated from all access to our internal bodies. He will be added to the watchlists of the Knights and the Military. He will not be forgotten. Nor will he know fortune - or benefit from the coin amassed from his deeds. Every credit earned from the barbarism will be seized and committed to the Worlds Restoration Projects occurring on Kuat, Eshan, and the like. This is the consequence that I deem worthy of this crime - for this man was, and is, nothing more than a tool of our enemy."

He paused, lowering both hands to his sides. "They slumbered within our borders and grew fat from our successes. They fed us lies of love, of trust, of kinship-" His gaze fell to Srina as he spoke. "And yet, they were willing to sacrifice our people for their aims. They were willing to kill us for their aims. I motion that Nelvaan be under lockdown. That all Eternal assets be seized and stripped. That a provisional Viceroy be installed and that all corners of our government investigate that world."

"I will not rush us headlong into yet another war beyond our borders - but what I will ask is that you stand with me in purging the Eternal Empire's presence from our nation. Members of the Viceroyalty, what say you in this?"

WEARING: X
TAGS: [member="Petra Cavataio"] | [member="Chikako Liona"] | [member="Shakti Sweet"] | [member="Faye Malvern"] | [member="Tsian Denira"] | [member="Arisone Irithiel"] | [member="Xazzex Xivar"] | [member="Violet Kianar"] | [member="Vyra Silara"] | [member="Adron Malvern"] | [member="Credius Nargath"] | [member="Srina Talon"] | [member="Darth Metus"]

Voph watch silently as Shakti stood and left the chambers. He already suspected, but this was confirmation. If anything, it was his motivation to ease the burden of Ephraim's punishment as best he could. He knew the pain the girl felt. But all the same, Ephraim had made a choice. And it was a choice that would cost him dearly. Voph turned to look at Tsian, brow arched in a silent question.

Voph stood once more. "Vylmira agrees with the Vicelord. Our ships and soldiers stand ready to aid the Confederacy in whatever way the vicelord deems fit. If war is the course that must be taken, then we are ready to see it through. In spite of my own involvement, the others speak true. An attack on one of us is an attack on us all. Unity has always been, and always shall be, our greatest strength."

Settling down to hear the others talk, Credius was quite surprised that the mercenary [member="Ephraim"] was at the very least allowed to speak truthfully, no matter the pain and frustrations his words would bring to bear - The viceroy of the Eriaduan system did wonder if there would be another outburst coming from the Exarch whom he had yet to have the pleasure of talking with - Alas the words coming from the mercenary's mouth did not exactly work in his favor, as turmoil grew within various parts of the assembly, most notably among those residing at the very top, the exarchs, their entourage and ofcourse: the Vicelord himself. When earlier there were talks about the avoidance of slavery, how it was not the CIS way, now the tables seemed tto have turned on that idea, as it was truthfully the only way to truly make someone realize their mistakes through personal if not physical suffering.

Quietly, the Eriaduan Viceroy followed the preceedings, making sure that the KRONOS AI he had brought with him would use this as a chance to further its own intellect and problem solving skills. The noble viceroy of Faleen spoke up yet again, apparently not quite satisfied with the answer she was given and no doubt disgusted by the revealed truths. Most impressive though, was the very moment the Vicelord himself rose from his seat to state his mind and to bring forth a solution to the immediate problem. With great enthusiasm, Credius beheld the man's oration with great interest, feeling, nay sensing a tinge of darkness with every strong word spoken, resulting in the Viceroy displaying a rather insidious grin.

When at long last, the Viceroy after his rousing speech directed the question back at the assembled Viceroyalty, the Marquis and viceroy of eriadu did not waste any time to elegantly rise from his seat and to call for attention from the assembly, even clearing his throat to draw in the attention from what seemed to be two rather pre-occupied Exarchs.

"Well spoken, your excellency. Though my partnership and membership among these scores of esteemed ladies and gentlemen of the viceroyalty has but been a relatively recent evolution within my own political career, I do think it is more than expected that the corruption and possible betrayal of any asset must be investigated and eradicated with a firm hand and with a swift efficiency without leniency," Credius puffed up his chest a bit, straightened his back and made a rather...dramatic expression filled with melancholy. "As said, due to my relatively new membership and the fact that none of these events as such have impacted or altered the course of my system, I can't lie and say I empathize with the pain and suffering which has been caused towards you. What I can do, is to show my willingness for full cooperation with any of the divisions which will be used to mete out this punishment. Be it troops, ships or other goods or services, I shall provide them happily to this cause."

For a moment the man seemed to make a notion that he was done, almost turning around, yet then Credius suddenly raised both hands in front of him and closed his eyes while letting out a deep and audible sigh. "Ofcourse...I do not wish to diminish the trust in the system nor blemish or tarnish anyone's reputation. However, one must be a fool to think a single mercenary could pull off that which had been described by so many of you on their own. In cases of crisis' such as these, there's always a fallguy and what stand there, bound in clasps and manacles is no more than an ordinary fallguy, a scapegoat. You could point fingers at this...'eternal empire', though what one should truly ask themselves is how many...from within were part of this. How many agents had turned a blind eye, how many officials...It might be also a wise decision to perform an internal inquiry to these matters, to make sure your own proposal would not falter due to corrupt bureaucracy and neglect."

@Voph @Darth Metus [member="Xazzex Xivar"] [member="Shakti Sweet"] [member="Adron Malvern"] [member="Xobos Yakieer"] [member="Custani Valcho"] [member="Faye Malvern"] [member="John Locke"]

The man had waited before entering the room where so many viceroys and delegates had already entered. Typically he preferred to arrive to any such meeting early, choosing to err on the side of punctuality rather than risk being late. Yet as the call had rippled out from the Citadel to flash from Golbah City and flood across the Confederate space he chose to be fashionably late. Not to make some sort of statement but instead to slip unnoticed into the room that had just begun to come alive with the impromptu emergency meeting of the ruling party of the Confederacy of Independent Systems.

His black suit was a cloak of shadow that enveloped him assisting with his desire to remain anonymous. Entering the seating reserved for the Viceroy of Siskeen, Derek Dib quietly took his place among his peers and watched the events unfold.

Despite his calculating reserve that had held him in stead as Viceroy and as leader of the United Siskeen Coalition he, too, felt his blood pound at the reality of the situation that unfolded. But as many others in attendance he felt the unasked questions and unclear reasons of several key personnel left more mystery then he felt was prudent. However he remained silent as the drama unfolded.

As the Vicelord began the meeting Derek shifted deeper within the seat nestled in the pod. The decision on what to do to the man, whether he be called mercenary, terrorist, or hired gun, lay with the Viceroyalty as well as what actions were to be brought against Kainan Wolfe and the Eternal Empire. At first the floor was opened for Ephraim to speak and then for the representatives of the systems to discuss the punishments for the man and the correct course of action against the Eternal Empire and their Emperor.

Ephraim spoke of being hired by a man, Anton Delane, and of how several "folks" of the Eternal Empire wanted Republic blood. Yet despite the man naming who his handler was, this Anton, who was the one who hired and paid him, nothing more was said of the Mister Delane. Conviction and vengeance were thrust upon the Eternal Empire and their Emperor wholly. Derek rubbed his chin at the oddity of the turn of illogical events.

The second Exarch, Adron Malvern, spoke and thrust the blame upon Kainan Wolfe with a simplicity that belied the gravity of the situation and holding no regard to the testimony of Ephraim naming his contact as Anton Delane and not the Emperor himself. Curiosity and confusion plagued the mind of Derek at the leap from culpability to full blame. If indeed Kainan was to be the recipient of such a jump of conclusion without viable proof being presented or shared with the ruling government of the Viceroyalty, then any citizen of any system who committed an atrocious act could be laid singularly at the feet of the ruling figure like a viceroy. Such a precedent did not bode well for future hearings, let alone this one.

Lady Liona and Viceroy Valcho spoke of blockade upon Eternal Empire space before Voph rose to speak. His words were fraught with emotion and loss as he spoke of the event as well as the history of the Eternal Empire. Allowing a militant nation into the Confederacy, one with such a history as the Eternal Empire, was a questionable proposition even at the beginning. And as usual, that decision was made at the highest echelon of power, not by the Viceroyalty. A decision that many viceroys would have cautioned against. And yet, the ruling body of the Confederacy was neither asked for their opinion nor was the proposition of sheltering the Empire put to a vote. The idea that a radical government that had tiers of citizenship, separate classes, in their militant government caused no concern to the Vicelord or the esteemed Exarchs.

Questions arose by many wishing for a clarification of Ephraim's motive, of his true guilt, of what his punishment should be. Some spoke of indentured servitude, a form of slavery, while others gave an outcry of swift justice to be meeted out. Oddly there were several clues to different sources cautioning patience that were unheeded, and not for the first time. Derek watched the alabaster Exarch and grieved for her, for what she had endured. But it wasn't the first time the Vicelord had acted rashly, hastily, against the council of others, and most importantly unilaterally without the governing body, the Viceroyalty's, consent. And especially when it concerned his apprentice, the Exarch Talon.

And Darth Metus, the Vicelord, spoke. He meted out punishment. First as the discussions of the Viceroyalty was still ongoing and secondly without a proposition and vote by the delegates. In a single breath he removed the power of the people and cast down his own judgement. A judgement of slavery. A punishment the very foundations of the Confederacy was built upon. But once again the ends justifies the means. And the Vicelord had given a decree to put a man in chains of slavery.

He felt himself exhale a breath he was not aware he had been holding while he felt himself deflate. A quote from many centuries past leapt unbidden to his mind. A senator of Naboo, Amidala, once said, "And this is how liberty dies, with thunderous applause." The ancient quote reverberated within.

[youtube]https://youtu.be/DgxZr6LLS34[/youtube]​

Silently he slipped from his seat and exited the theater.

[member="Credius Nargath"] I [member="Voph"] I [member="Darth Metus"] I [member="Xazzex Xivar"] I [member="Shakti Sweet"] I [member="Adron Malvern"] I [member="Ephraim"] I [member="Xobos Yakieer"] I [member="Faye Malvern"] I [member="John Locke"] I [member="Srina Talon"] I [member="Petra Cavataio"] I [member="Chikako Liona"] I [member="Custani Valcho"]

Metus was firm, and in all honesty he should have every right to be, betray was the most bitter thing one could taste, more so when it was a former enemy that showed signs of redemption after being offered mercy. It reminded her of the old saying, fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice shame on me, though in Metus case the fooling didn't result in shame, more like curb stomping said fools neck in. What ever the case be the outcome from today was going to result in war and Tythe would be very involved in this matter be it by choice or not. As the applause and other speakers said their mark the young Echani stood once more, looking over to the Confederate leader to ask one last thing. "Vicl'rd, doth thee has't any directeth 'rd'rs f'r me and mine own people as of anon with such a decision madeth"

[member="Derek Dib"] [member="Credius Nargath"] @Voph @Darth Metus

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom