Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ask the Writer

This is always good inside the bad. Darkness cannot exist with knowing that there is light.
Writing pure evil if difficult but writing about a villain with a heart of gold or a hero with flaws is pure joy.
a antagonist with a heart of gold
@Sargon Vynea Do you enjoy writing about weak woman or strong women
writting Strunk & White....since I was 13

@[member="Aditya Amadis"] got a combo book by a HUGE variety of writers has always served me well... don't ask the name its packed and I will post it later... but its really great

@[member="Meret Blackmoon"] agreed anything too far on the scale loses interest usually... a bad guy you can't help but love now there is something you can't drop

What area of rping would you wish to improve upon the most... ie combat.. pvp..... conversation... scenery description

depends on the thread... if I'm DMing a campaign the second always... your own pc can't matter in any event you run... in a solo thread or group thread I'm no incharge of I'll always develop my character as I write and that as much develops the plot

usually in a flash... I like complicated characters sooo when I think of an odd situation I go with it... but I limit myself in numbers

when doing character development how often do you find the 'character' takes control?

My character takes control when the other characters are doing nothing, I like efficient writing no extra words
just do it!
other wise I let others drive the action
writing action
what is your favorite genere ?

1, Speaking it as your character would speak it, adding in phrases they would use, from their own way of thinking - Some characters are wordy some are not. Some are intellectuals, some are not for example.

Basics tips are - Cutting out the fluff if it needs cutting, and adding in more eloquence if it needs it. Trying not to repeat the same words too close together, I know people do in regular life, but you can always just pull out MS Word's thesaurus if you're really stuck. ;) Usually ends up reading better than it would otherwise.

2, If it's multiple lines do they have a purpose for the character or story, or again are you writing it out as you think it should sound for filler? If the later you can probably cut it and lose nothing, over thinking tends to confuse scenes and meaning no end. This is harder in an intellectual character or one who speaks many dialogue lines in a post.

Question - What Makes a Good Character Arc, and How do you keep them interesting as you develop your character?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Character_arc

IMO building a strong history for your character... once they have a life of their own so to speak they develop much more smoothly and sometimes in ways you'd least expect.... the easiest way to kill a character is try to force it ICLY into things because OOC influences.... great question btw @[member="Kei Amadis"]

whats the most important part in scenery... how do you form it in words comparatively for yourself?

The most important part to scenery for me is how your character feels and interacts with it. It's more believable if the character is affected by it in some way in their mind. I do it by getting a little descriptive on what Lexa sees, smells, and feels inside and out.

what would you tell your character if you met them right at this very minute?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom