Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Discussion Any Tabletop RPG Groups around, like D&D/Pathfinder? How are you liking it?

My interest recently in D&D/Pathfinder has grown considerably over the past couple of months, as I've joined two groups in playing and continue to enjoy this renaissance of RPG. I haven't played in nearly a decade and I'm beginning to remember why it was so fun. I'm even looking at expanding my roster to an IRL game, rather than just over discord.

Are you in any groups? How are you enjoying it? What type of game are you playing?

What types of characters are you enjoying? Let us know, hit us up.

Handsome blindfolded hyper-religious whackjob
I've been playing Pathfinder for years now. But I've recently drifted away from it towards things like the Warhammer Roleplaying games.

Pathfinder is wonderful. But First Edition becomes a crazy game of rocket tag at higher levels. Apparently the Second Edition fixed that somewhat. But I dont have much experience with that version.

Warhammer on the other hand can run the gamut of themes and tone depending on what you're playing. Warhammer Fantasy rewards cleverness and pragmatism. But I'm not a fan about how a lot of the pre-written stuff I've checked seem to operate under your characters automatically failing no matter how clever you act or how good you roll.

And of course there is always the Star Wars FFG game. Which I would advise that everyone on this site play at least once.

Sadly all my groups have disbanded because of geographic dispersal. (As in, two different continents and a time zone gap of 15 hours) It was a ton of fun though, and definitely enjoyed it! I've been itching to play a Firbolg paladin though.

And yes, the Star Wars FFG system is definitely my favorite.

I've been playing for 2 years now with the same group of friends from back when I studied as a Multimedia designer. We finished the Curse of Strahd module, which was great fun.
I've been enjoying D&D a lot (5th edition) and played a lot of classes as well as made a lot of characters (not just for games lol, Hero Forge ftw).
While I haven't started playing my monk character for the homebrew campaign my DM is putting together, I'm looking very much forward to play my muonk.

I've been playing DnD 5th edition for the past three years or so! I got my start running a completely homebrew setting for three of my siblings as the Dungeon Master until we were separated somewhat and then COVID. However, every Thursday for the past two years I've been running with a group I met in a game store that moved on to discord/roll20. I was player for a Curse of Strahd campaign as a Abjuration Wizard Deep Gnome with a Haunted One Background.

Then we played some one-shots where I was a Rabbitfolk Genie Warlock with a Knight Background.

Lastly, however, I have been DMing for the past month and a half or so for this group in my own homebrew version of the Spelljammer Campaign setting where all my players are prisoners put into a Suicide Squad sort of situation, and they all have a choice of being a Cowboy, Mafia, or a Pirate. Been a blast having a space fantasy game, and I've even got my siblings back together to play their own game of Spelljammer too! :p

Vampire the Masquerade (Old World of Darkness and the new Fifth Edition) and Star Wars RPG. I’ve been playing VtM for over 8 years and as of the last three have been grounded to mostly storytelling now. The games are amazing, the content and struggles you face rewarding as a character. I highly recommend checking out VtM or any of their other products such as Werewolf, Mage, or Demon the Fallen.

Some of my crew I brought to Chaos upon my return from LOA, Maestus Maestus and Inferious Inferious . Unfortunately they suffer from my IRL games where I attempt to punish their existence.

Imperial Arbiter of the Outer Rim
I've been playing for a long time now on a AD&D 3.5 version, a French game system really adorable. Covid has slowed our pace of rping, but we nonetheless continue to quest in the magnificent lands of Osgild

Handsome blindfolded hyper-religious whackjob
Huh, I've never heard of that. What is it?
A virtual tabletop website.

You go on, make a free account. Search for games of whatever game you're looking to play that fits on a good time and date for you. There you go. Join up with a party and start murderhoboing.

All of the sheets, dice rolls, maps, all can be handled online via the website.

Where my GURPS homies at?
774350576124952616.png

I've been trying to get a group together for Lancer 1e but I can never find anyone interested enough in mecha who'd be willing to try it.

pls respond i'll gm.

Subject 73 Red

We're more ghosts than people.
A virtual tabletop website.

You go on, make a free account. Search for games of whatever game you're looking to play that fits on a good time and date for you. There you go. Join up with a party and start murderhoboing.

All of the sheets, dice rolls, maps, all can be handled online via the website.

Huh, cool. I'll be sure too check it out.

Roll20 is your friend.

Roll20 is nice, but so buggy these days. If you're alright with spending a little money (Once mind you. There's no subscription like Roll20) I suggest FoundryVTT. It's what I've been using for my group. Really good stuff. Subject 73 Red Subject 73 Red

I run a weekly game for my wife and some of our really close friends. Have been for almost a year. It's been a blast, and recently I've been revealing the characters secrets to the players and their reactions have been perfect. For the last year, for example, I've been hinting that one of the Tieflings (A dragon sorc) had some weird dragon ancestry. I gave him an item called a prismatic scale (I like beefing up my players with magic items and such. It lets me bring even harder enemies to throw at them n' such.) that shifted between red, blue, green, black, and white. He had no idea until I told him, but the character is a direct child of Tiamat. His reaction was priceless.

Which is why I play DnD. I love surprising my players (Or being surprised as a player but I tend to subscribe to that ForeverDM) and seeing them get really into their characters. This group has been fantastic thus far. It's definitely something to get into!

I love me some tabletop RPG. Aveline Cuiléin Aveline Cuiléin and I play the Curse of Strahd module of D&D 5.e in person once a month with a few of our friends. It's a lot of fun. There are a lot of great RPGs out there at the moment, personally I have found I like D&D 5.e best, both in terms of flavour and system. Some classes are underwhelming until you get some of the extra books, but overall I love it.

I've been running and playing in online D&D groups through Roll20 for over 4 years now. I'm currently playing full-time with one group and helping prepare a campaign for the other.

D&D 5e is my preference but the DM of one group runs some other adjacent games when it's their turn.

I’ve been running and playing a 5e campaign for about four years now, and it’s loads of fun! Me and a few friends manage to get together (at least in theory) every week and play for a couple hours. Although our consistency has certainly been less, well, consistent over the last year or so. Just finally got around to getting some other folks into the group after talking about the idea for a long time, so looking forward to getting an even bigger team of friends to play with.

D&D and TTRPGs in general were something that always appealed to be as a concept but I never managed to fully commit to until those four years ago when we started, but it was definitely worth the dive. If you’ve got a group that you jive with, it’s just a nice opportunity to have fun, be creative, and hang out. It’s pretty much been my main source of creative expression ever since. I’ve tried with a another group or two in the past, but it never worked out long term, and having the right people that fit well with you is key to the whole thing. But me and my current group are pretty happy to keep playing together until the end of time, so works for me! One of these days were planning on getting around to Starfinder, but one step at a time, y’know?

Played D&D 4e and 5e. Most recently 5e with a group of friends from work; we started with long lunches at the office then when COVID hit we went remote. DM hasn't had time to DM for the past month or two though, so the weekly meet has turned into more of a virtual chat. Was playing a Dragonborn Eldritch Knight and very much enjoying the character. Missing playing though, so I need to start looking for an additional group.

Where my GURPS homies at?
774350576124952616.png

I've been trying to get a group together for Lancer 1e but I can never find anyone interested enough in mecha who'd be willing to try it.

pls respond i'll gm.

AHHH I haven't heard GURPS in a LONG time - played a few when I was in high school was amazing and hey Gundam/Mecha is where I started Forum RPing so def always down for that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom