Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Discussion Any Tabletop RPG Groups around, like D&D/Pathfinder? How are you liking it?

I am in an amazing tabletop roleplay group, I brought the group together about 6 years ago and they are some of the nicest people I know, particularly this one guy.

Currently playing a homebred 5th edition campaign as a dragon born echo knight

Bassilisk

Gamemaster Extraordinaire
I've been, thankfully. in 2 currently long-standing games. One as a player, one as a GM.

For the one I am a player I am having a great ol' time in the SW-FFG system (Fell totally in love with the system) and it's been wonderful. Most of the people I play with are thankfully in similar timezones so it helps, albeit we are all idiots who have had our share of mis-adventures. Such as, for instance, collecting a bounty using a fat moff, a sandwich, some corrosive mushrooms and a box of cargo that happened to fall over. Being a old, retired Clone that is more robot than man has never been more fun. Been in this one for about 3-4 years so far. Overall good times.

As for the one I have been hosting it's a Pathfinder game with a bunch of my buddies. It's been a wonderful time and they certainly put me for a loop often with their memeing during the game. Timezones are a bit wonky for that one since we have about a 7-8 hour time difference between some of us. Overall a great time and I have way too many stories from this one that just had me laughing. Been hosting that one for about 2 years so far.

I've been actually looking to host more games, just need to find the right groups I'd say.

I have run three shortish campaigns of Fantasy Flight's Star Wars RPG. I really enjoy the system, though it is not as refined as D&D which was had multiple generations to iron out all the numerous kinks, yet still finds more.

We are just about to start another campaign. We go for shorter ones with a tight, contained story arc in order to prevent player (and more so GM) burn out.

It has been a lot of fun. I am looking forward to play a non-combat focused character this time round. Lacking time to go into details about how and why I enjoy it though, sorry!

I DM for my family. My wife has never played before until I volunteered to teach her the basics. Some people go crazy about the numbers and math, and I get it but I prefer and leisurely basic game with lots of house ruling. She and our level year old, plus my two brothers and two friends said they had a blast and want to keep playing.

I've played since 3.5 or whatever it was. My first time playing I got sat on by a Blue Dragon and was attacked by a vampire afterwards. Afterwards I moved to 4.5 with my roommate at the time. Loved it. DnD is amazing.

I once hosted Wizards version of Star Wars for my brothers and a friend, the rules for that seems overly complicated and we hand waved a lot of stuff. Still they loved it.

DnD can be a lot of fun if the DM and other players are all of the same mind in what they expect fr the session.

It can be a good casual game if that's what everyone wants, or it can be an intense math pop quiz if that's also your thing hahah

This Halloween I'm hosting a horror themed DnD possibly altering it to be set in a more modern time. Wife's excited for it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom