Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Faction All For One [ CIS ]

He stood implacably by as Srina Talon Srina Talon first, then Darth Metus Darth Metus took the floor. Patience, presence. There was more to the silence he kept and the questions his existence at that time, in that place than breaking the tension would offer. They had spoken briefly prior to the hour and Isley explained that Alkor would be given the floor as well.

He listened, waited, and considered what he would say when that time came. There were multiple Viceroyals with various opinions. Perhaps the loudest of these was the vocal, masked, and opinionated man who called for their choler to rise. Resistance. Refusal.

There were assumptions of action, of response and reactivity.

Metus summarily crushed them. He did so with tact, and in such a way as to bring them to cohesion. The scalpel, rather than the guillotine. His brother was a politician. Alkor understood the need for subtlety.

His eyes closed and he stood rigid, breathing evenly.

Soon.

VophTop.png

Voph was silent for a long moment as the Vicelord spoke. He understood now why he had been called. The Vicelord wished answers. He glanced to Gerwald Lechner Gerwald Lechner sitting beside him, and pushed himself to his feet. He stepped forward to the podium at the front of the pod reserved for the Master's Council. Voph took a deep breath, then signaled his intent to speak. He had not intended this. He had come only because the Vicelord had insisted. He was supposed to be on medical leave in the wake of Atrisia. Voph rested his hands on the podium, gripping the sides of it as his face turned to survey the gathered crowds.​
"Honorable members of the Viceroyalty. We have come together in this dark time to seek answers. To understand what it is that plagues us. And to move forward, stronger, and more resilient. Of this resolve, I have no doubt. It is not lightly that I say that the Confederacy have become my people, her sons and daughters as like my own. The spirit gathered in the core of this great nation is an admirable one. And I am honored to share in this common spirit.
But you have not gathered to hear an old man offer pointless flattery and undue praise.
I was there, friends. I stood on the battlefield of Atrisia. I stood in these very halls against the incursion. I fought to defend our own. Could, perhaps, we have prevented Atrisia? Might the Bounty Hunters have been stopped before infiltrating the very heart of society?"
Voph paused for a moment, drawing another deep breath. The Vicelord had asked those who spoke to speak candidly. And so he did.​
"Both should have been easily preventable. Atrisa was unthinkable. And to know that the monsters behind such an attack roam free and anonymous across the galaxy sickens me. That two bounty hunters could breach this very hall, with hardly any opposition until the last mile, speaks volumes of the complacency of the Confederacy." Voph's face set in a stern scowl. As if a disapproving father berating a child. "I bore witness to both. To the horrors of war and conflict, and to the response that the Confederacy mustered. A response that should have ended the conflict before it started. I look around at the galaxy and see peace. A utopia, in comparison to the world I left behind. And it is a peace that I should very much like to nurture and encourage. But alas, I have walked the paths of dust and ash for too long.
As alluring as the prospect may be, do not let yourselves succumb to peace. A day and age may arrive when the ways of war have become a thing of the past. And when such a day arrives, then I may rest. But until then, I tell you this. Pray for Peace. Prepare for War. You can enjoy the freedoms of peace and prosperity. And continue to find yourselves beaten and bloodied the moment a fist is raised against you. The failing lies within the core of the Confederacy. Where was our intelligence community to identify those responsible for the virus? Or perhaps we are funding them in the interests of discovering weather patterns? Or the security measures for this very chamber?"
Voph's hand raised, gesturing to the Pod in which the Eriadu Contingent sat. "At this very moment, a masked figure stands among us, whispering into the ear of one of our own. Pray tell, were I to seek a record of all in attendance, would I even find his name? Who else, I wonder, has the ability to walk among us and sow the seeds of destruction freely? And why has security been allowed to become so lax in these times? That, I ask of you, members of the viceroyalty. Why. We have the the means, and the resources, to ensure that we will never be taken by surprise again. I suggest it is time we use them. It is time for the Confederacy to appoint leaders across all avenues. Leaders that will utilize the resources we have given them. For the safety and prosperity of our nation. Perhaps, in time, we will even discover the true potential of this galactic super power along the way."

Having said his piece, Voph turned and sat down. Perhaps it would have been better to not speak ill of those that gave him orders. But it was true, none the less. The apathy ran deep. And in many cases, it fell to the actions of leadership to correct it...

orangbar.png

Relationship Status: It's Complicated

kPx9w5C.png

S U S P I C I O U S

Wearing: xxx
Tag: Darth Metus Darth Metus | Srina Talon Srina Talon | Kyyrk Kyyrk | Alkor Centaris Alkor Centaris | Credius Credius | Ben Craig Ben Craig | Gat Tambor Gat Tambor | Xazzex Xivar Xazzex Xivar | Bastille Rommer Bastille Rommer | Custani Valcho Custani Valcho | Vytal Noctura Vytal Noctura | Kurenai Yumi Kurenai Yumi | Jordar Varcskel | Allya Vi'Dreya Allya Vi'Dreya | John Locke John Locke | Luna Terrik Luna Terrik | if I missed anyone I'm sorry

Speeches, rhetoric, posturing, these were the weapons being wielded in this meeting. They were the tools of politics, and Gerwald loathed what was unfolding before him. In a time when there were questions to be answered about Atrisia, when the chairman had set the course of conversation, each one that spoke attempted to turn the course of conversation away from the matters at hand. Were they so focused on their own little kingdoms that they neglected to see that if the whole nation suffered their condition would be worse than whatever they deemed it to be now?

For a brief moment, Gerwald looked to the representation from Stewjon wondering how they would react. To his satisfaction they sat with arms folded near as he did, the same look of dissatisfaction on their face. It was the look of a warrior that had little patience for the pomp and circumstance of political maneuvering.

A baritone voice interrupted his thoughts. It came from the man next to him. Kyyrk Kyyrk . They were not friends per se, but the man had been the only one willing to answer his questions in regards to whether it was possible to save Naedira or not. For now, Gerwald only nodded at what the Miraluka said. Certainly they both could see the irony in recent events after the Lord himself had told Gerwald not try and venture into the Netherworld to find his dead love. It had not been the man’s fault others mounted an attempt. A deep breath passed through Gerwald’s nostrils only to be released as quickly. There were other concerns for now.

Voph drew Gerwald’s attention to the masked man with the envoy that had arrived from Eriadu. Puzzling indeed. Reports coming from that sector of Confederate space painted their Viceroy as someone who could not be trusted. His military action and demands after hearing of the Eriadu’s annexation into the Confederacy had been enough to warrant blasting his insignificant existence into nothing but particles of space dust.

Arms unfolded as Gerwald leaned forward slightly from where he sat to get a better look.

“I do not like it one bit, not after this chamber has been compromised once already,” came the reply. “We shall have to keep a more careful eye on this one.”

His oceanic gaze shifted to the distant silver orbs of the Exarch Srina Talon Srina Talon . Her words which came in reply to his were more kind and gracious than what they needed to be. In truth he had failed, a point he would not argue with the Exarch however. Her reminder of the strength they held when unified was a reminder of why he had been tempted to leave Stewjon in the first place.

<<Together then,>> he nodded hoping she would find his gaze for the briefest of seconds.

In the months since Naedira’s death the Exarch had been one of a small few who had been able to push past the anger the wolf used as a guard. For as much as he owed her his life, Gerwald counted her as a friend. Friends were difficult to come by in the current climate.

Gerwald leaned back in his seat as both the Exarch and Vicelord spoke. Finally the questions which needed to be asked were being voiced. For the first time since joining the Confederacy Gerwald listened to the Vicelord, watching the skill with which he handled the political pundits with the same mastery of words they all seemed to display. Perhaps there were times when speeches were needed.

Voph did not waste time in pointing out the masked man with the delegation from Eriadu to make his point. That was was either an incredibly smart move, or it would backfire. It was risky, that much was certain. Gerwald liked it. It seemed the seasoned old man had not lost his edge. Another man that Gerwald might come to call friend someday.

For now, it was simply for Gerwald to observe. He was a man of action, not of words. Speeches were best left to those who found their tongues sharper than their blades. If only someone would trust him, empower him, the questions posed would be investigated and answers would be found. There was only one thing Gerwald needed.

Freedom.

The member of the Master’s Council needed to be free to act, to get the answers to the questions they all were asking. Even if those answers were found in places no one else was willing to look. Vophs words spoke to the heart of what Gerwald had been thinking for some time.

The Confederacy had been betrayed.
Once the Miraluka returned to his seat, Gerwald leaned over to him.

"That was either really dumb, or really smart. Either way, it took stones. Now we see how Eriadu reacts."

Ger-Temp.png

Attire: [K] [K] [C] [C]
Theme: [Click]

Calmly discussing the proceedings and the following talks all around the assembly, Kredius in his guise as the viceroy of Eriadu was unaware of the eyeless stare at him, though Credius in his guise as the masked companion could feel the shifts through the force within the room. He wasn't as talented as a Miralukan to "see" the force, nor as powerful as a Kiffu in fully sensing the slightest tremor within the force, but to underestimate him was what had lead many an opponent to their untimely end.

They hardly reacted to the proposal made by the viceroy of Ra'katha Bastille Rommer Bastille Rommer , finding his idea to be a bit vague, not to mention the fact that by proposing a 'commitee' to run his proposal, he just showed how bureaucratical and thus in the long run, pointless his proposal was if it were to be implemented.

After him, came the viceroy of Fondor: Jordar Varcskel who couldn't be more of a greenhorn, believing in a more pacifistic stance to be taken, as if that had helped any functioning government in any time within the past. It was the very idea of pacifism which had brought down many a formed republic, self governing planets and many an organization in the force were always tempted to abandon such philosophy due to the danger the ideal of pacifism brought with it, the danger of being overrun and stripped of any freedom and self rule without putting up a fight.

Again the Viceroy of Falleen voiced her opinion, over the course of the time spent within the viceroyalty, the masked man had learned to respect Xazzex Xivar Xazzex Xivar 's opinion, realizing that as she was a staunch and self centered politician who was always primarily looking out for her own, getting her on his side was always a breakthrough if he'd want a rule or idea to get passed within the viceroyalty. However, her latest point of having a set of protocols made him wonder what she meant by it, weren't there already protocols in place which had already shown to be extremely fallable, how would a simple protocol change the curren cause to begin with?

However, before Kredius could be ordered to react, it was again Kurenai Yumi Kurenai Yumi who responded in turn, apparently agreeing to what was being proposed by the viceroy of Falleen.

And then what was to be expected happened, with the Exarch Srina Talon Srina Talon calling the assembly to order before the Vicelord Darth Metus Darth Metus himself would take the stand and deliver a rather passionate speech which neither approved, nor denied Kredius' own speech of earlier, thus somewhat confusing both Kredius and the masked man with it so much, that neither could respond, only talk among themselves with a lot of nodding and sighing, wondering how to take it all in.

Alas, when it almost seemed that the discussion within the assembly was nearing its end, the man...simply known as Kyyrk Kyyrk by those within the Eriadu delegation started to exclaim the folly of all the despair which had befallen the Confederacy, proclaiming it was the confederacy's own fault that such things had not been prevented. It basically sounded exactly like Kredius' own speech, berating the fragile and lax security within the very heart of the Confederacy itself. Yet, when Kredius stood up to applaud and show the Eriadu delegation's support for the man's pragmatic...'view' on things, things went south quickly.

In an instant, the man started pointing out the presence of the masked man within the Eriadu delegation, completely making a dramatic and theatrical farçe out of it and thus in turn not just discrediting, but dishonouring the integrity of the Eriadu Viceroyalty, even worse, his words practically implicated a link between the attack on the viceroyalty chambers and the Viceroyalty of Eriadu, which ofcourse was both a threat and an insult which could not be taken lightly.

"Firstly let me indeed agree to the fact that the security of the confederacy has indeed shown to be far from airtight, but to implicate any involvement of myself or my personnel by using my acquiantance here present and the attack in a single sentence with such reverie is a severe insult to me, my house and the Planetary system I represent within these hallowed halls of justice and equality," Kredius' face showed obvious contempt towards the Miralukan, but there was no change within his eyes. there was however, a significant shift within the force, with the masked man's hand clenching tightly around the grip of the sword he carried, his eyes remaining the same color, but the air around him easily got a few degrees colder until Kredius calmly placed his hand upon the masked man's shoulder. "Secondly, how dare you insinuate foul play and deception, insulting this man who has fought alongside me and my men when we were trying to contain the situation on Atrisia. You belittle this man's efforts and sacrifices and not only that, in turn you belittle my own. It is true that I am present not in form, but in spirit. I am using a protocol droid to project my image and allow my voice to be heard, while I just as so many, am recovering from wounds sustained during the Atrisian crisis."

Turning towards the Vicelord Darth Metus Darth Metus Kredius gave an angry and stern look, obviously unfazed by the Vicelord's power and presence compared to his own, he simply could not let this insult be glossed over so easily. "To the esteemed Vicelord and his honourable Exarch, I request...nay, I demand the removal of Lord Voph from this place for the grave insult and implications he has made towards me, my house and my territory."

Turning back to Kyyrk Kyyrk the Viceroy seemed to calm down a bit, regaining his composure. "I had heard you died during the Atrisian Crisis... I do not know how or why, but it seems you have truly lost yourself, Milord."

Tags: Gerwald Lechner Gerwald Lechner | for the rest just go through the post xD​

MhxKjxk.png

Fanged God give her strength.​
Would that Vytal could listen to his prattle on about the things of Ancients, and how the living failed to properly entertain them. It would be preferable to politicians arguing about what was important and how something might be accomplished. People that bore no responsibility for performing the act with which they so easily rallied for or against. Those with no responsibility and no personal stakes. Though if you heard their words you would think they were on the front lines and had committed everything they owned to whatever cause they fancied most at that time. As those entire planets belonged to them.​
Fortunately, the Mandragora did not answer to these people. Oh, yes, she was here; and they were part of the Knights Obsidian. However, no matter what any of them said the Witches did not answer to politicians. A problem she'd not been forced to reconcile seeing how they dealt in matters most could scarcely understand let alone complain about. They got healing salves and bountiful harvests from the Mandragora's study of the natural world; that the politicians understood and could not complain about.​
Nevertheless, while being part of the Knights Obsidian, and part of the Confederacy whose resources could be and were put to good use, once the Vicelord himself called upon the Masters of the Knights Obsidian Vytal was dragged into this sordid affair. From her place overseeing the Path of Power where the leadership entered, the pale Witch's lips thinned. If they insisted. She motioned for the towering 'Knights' to stay at their post as she was forced to relocate. With a wave of her hand, the Nightmother vanished into thin air.​
A moment later a humanoid-sized cloud of black smoke allowed Vytal to settle back into her seat in the Masters Council pod before Voph began to speak. She glanced to the side at the rest present before her attention turned forward once more. Solidarity. Much as she did not like politics, she had come to understand it. Here and now a display of solidarity among the Masters would bolster what Voph had to say.​
It also had an added benefit of being closer to the man. He'd been summoned before this crowd before Voph had fully recovered. One did not return to life without needing time to heal. Not that many in this chamber knew these facts -- and they were better not knowing. One of the last things the Mandragora needed was an entire galaxy begging for their loved ones to be brought back, much as one would ask for a bouquet of roses.​
Her green eyes slid to the side as Gerwald responded to Voph's closing remarks. How Eriadu would react? The Nightmother could already hear it before the members of that delegation opened their mouths. Likely because she'd had a number of direct interactions with Credius himself -- including being present for his induction as Viceroy -- and had Sisters and Brothers lurking on his world since the start.​
Vytal reached up to touch her lips before speaking so that the words would convey over the distance to Kyyrk Kyyrk without carrying to the rest of the chamber. "I hope you have not already begun to regret your decision." Though the Nightmother did not smile, the light in her eyes shone with amusement. Being dead had its perks. Quite a few drawbacks, but then Voph had lived a long life as it was; surely a little rest... well... She knew he was not daunted by a few politicians rattling sabers, however. If he was that easily shaken he wouldn't be sitting in the pod with them this day.​
YushaBot.png

Template By: Darth Metus (Guy)

The fact that Bastille's proposal had been ignored or scoffed at slightly rankled the Viceroy, although he let no outwards action reveal it. His had been the only serious proposal of legislation, compared to the other Viceroy's buffering and grandstanding. He had to remind himself that, at this time, he was still the Viceroy of a small desert planet, without a prominent voice in the Viceroyalty and without and proper allies to echo his opinions. There existed, at least, some vocal support stemming from the Viceroy of Fondor. Bastille made a mental note of the man, someone who could make a good political ally in the near future; besides, Fondor's industrial economy would play greatly off of Ra'Katha's exports of raw ore and metals.

Economic deals aside, Bastille turned his attention once more to the floor; he heard the Vicelord's statements, calling for action from the chamber around him. Then came the testimony of a Knight Obsidian, a Lord Vizier who had apparently served on Atrisia. Bastille had little respect for politicians, despite being one himself, but had every respect for those who fought with the blade instead of words. It was a different kind of thinking, a different kind of being, one that saw the galaxy as it was. That was why, when the Viceroy from Eriadu spoke again, his baseless attack against the Knight incited Bastille's ire ever the more.

"Viceroy Nargath," Bastille's voice rose, his timbre lower and softer before, but not kinder, loud enough to call attention to himself and for the room to quiet, but soft enough to let Credius know that Bastille was addressing him directly, "are you insinuating that the Lord Vizier died and somehow rose from the dead. The Blackwing Virus was a terrible plague that killed many, infected more, and only ht most valiant of the Confederacy's men and women stood against it. I invite you, Viceroy, to afford the same respect to this man that you have been afforded. He did not accuse you, nor Eriadu, of foul play. His speech was merely one of precaution and intrigue, and a voice that must be valued at this present time."

Bastille stood, turning away from Eriadu's Viceroy to address the entire chamber once more, raising his voice as he did so. "I agree with the words of the Vicelord. Fellow members of the Viceroyalty, we must not let ourselves be dragged down into the dangerous depths of political grandstanding. Words in times of peace may be fine, but it is not to speeches that our ancestors will look back on once our time is past; it is our actions that they will remember. We must investigate the reasons why terrorism has been allowed in our borders, why we haven't been able to see these increasing threats that threaten our peace. Those who attack us must be held responsible, those who've aided them must be held responsible, and those whose carelessness and lack of foresight permitted these deaths must be held responsible. It is our duty as members of the Viceroyalty to fix the cracks in the dam, to fill in the holes that have let criminals and terrorists through our borders. On my home planet of Ra'Katha, such matters would be dealt with swiftly, with an inquisition to find those who were guilty and sentence them accordingly. I propose the creation of the same inquisition, under the authority of the Vicelord, to inquire into all aspects of the Confederacy's government and military. These attacks, and their supporters, must be brought to an end; if we as a body choose not to, I fear then we have failed our mandate and duty as Viceroys of the Confederacy."

VisTop.jpg
S I L E N T L Y W A T C H I N G

Damn them all, Vis thought to herself, every last of them.

Vis loathed politics, and none so much as the democratic kind. Prattling on, winging about nuance and protocol, plastered on smiles that masked bitter scheming, all of it sickened her. If she could, she'd blow the whole goram hall from the face of Geonosis. But this one, this one bothered her on more than principle. John Locke John Locke was being called out, demanded to make explanations for sickness and outbreak. Vis had come to see the cyborg as not only her superior in the Ministry of Science, but also as a friend - one who surprised her in how much she admired him, respected him, trusted him. Kyyrk Kyyrk was being questioned also, another friend, another whom she regarded closely, being made to answer the questions of politicians. Politicians, she thought, if the Jedi and Sith are the twin infections that cause of the galaxy's suffering, the politicians were carriers, the enablers who through cowardice, greed, and selfishness spread suffering and pain across the stars, playing into the games of fools and stupidly playing their own foolish games. Cowards, not one of them missed a meal, shed a drop of blood, or lost a night's sleep. No, they sent others to starve, bleed, and suffer instead. Vis fingered her lightsaber, toying with urge of killing them herself.

From her place just inside the door to the chambers, she leaned against the wall in the shadows. Before her lay the collective rulership of the entire Confederacy: Ministers, generals, viceroys, admirals, marshalls, even the Exarchs and Vicelord himself. Vis never joined in this part of government. Sure, as Deputy Minister she went to budget meetings, military strategy briefings, diplomatic summits, and other tedious poodoo, but she stayed a far distance from these kinds of stupid. She wasn't here because she wanted to be, she was here for her friends, and for the Confederacy. The crisis was over, and now the politicians wanted to feel important, and they were demanding the Vicelord and his government succumb to their witch-hunts. Instead of risking anything, they waited for the risking to be done and the problem to be solved, and now manufactured their own problems. Armchair leadership at its finest.

Darth Metus Darth Metus said it, posturing and gilded words were the last thing we needed. Vis liked him, for all his faults, he was a wise leader and one she respected deeply. How in all the hells he put up with this poodoo without releasing rancors into the room, she'd never know. Lately, she been thinking a lot about why she'd thrown her lot in with the Confederacy, why she picked them to be her people's vehicle back to the stars. Metus, Locke, Talon, Voph, they were the reasons, they and those like them. Every nation had its promise, but few had a soul. The Confederacy had more soul than all the others combined, and that soul is what she allied herself and the fate of her people with. Vis had seen them die by the score to save the innocent time and again. She'd fought beside them against insane odds and stand fast against butchers and wannabe conquerors. But this, this opera of winging fools, this was soul-less. An attack had happened. An attack here, in the heart of her adopted nation, and answers were needed. But these fools didn't want answers, they wanted scapegoats. The answer was simple really. There's not enough, not nearly enough, people looking at the whole board. Day after day, year after year, the Confederacy looks at the pieces, the gamut here, the skirmish there. We react, we do not act. There's no grand plan, just a hundred little ones, and we've been lucky. But luck was for gamblers, not nations. We need to stop gambling.

Vis shook her head. She turned and slipped out the chamber,
If they need me, they can call me. If they want to quit gambling and start acting like a nation, they have me and won't need to ask. In the meantime, while they gamble, I will go build a nation and when they're ready for one, it - like me - will be there.

teal123.png

Johntop.jpg
R E P O R T

Wearing: This
So it had begun.

John had avoided the viceroyalty meetings for this very reason, the incessant backbiting and betrayals, the accusations flung back and forth and the infighting. Each Viceroy out for themselves and their own agenda. It was the way politics should be, but it was still frustrating to the man. Faced with very real existential threats to the Confederacy it took the Vicelord himself wading into the fray to settle the discussion and pull it back onto track.

Where the politicians were focused on the specifics, on their pet projects and their claims and counter claims, on the need to put on a show. For their peers, for their constituents, for the voters who might watch the proceedings later…for the reporters who would review the footage looking for soundbites to play during their short segment on politics. Everyone had their reasons to be there…but he was only responsible to one man, the Vicelord who hired him. The Vicelord who had asked for a report on what had happened.

“Enough.”

The man’s voice was quiet as it cut through the room, bouncing off the walls and pillars as he stood, tucking his hands into his pockets in a familiar gesture for any who knew him. Despite his position, or maybe even because of it the cyborg wasn’t one to seek out the public eye. A certain number of parties, of meetings were expected, you couldn’t rise to the top of the corporate game without it. John had been to more galas and parties than he’d ever imagined existed, had met the bane of his existence in the board meeting.

It was impossible to avoid life in the public eye, but all those parties, all the meetings were held behind closed doors. No-one wanted the press to sneak into their party, to reveal the secrets of their company, of their technologies to the public. This was different though, in front of all the cameras, in front of all the politicians and ministers. The great and the powerful of the Confederacy.

John had always worn his prosthetics as a mark of pride, a sign of his history and what he’d done and a lesson to himself, a reminder to never make the same mistakes again. He’d done his best, had built an industrial empire that could rival the best, that looked after it’s workers. He was proud of the man he’d become. It just wasn’t enough. On Atrisia he’d seen a little girl shy away from the hand of a droid reaching out to save her. Scared off by the metal fingers…the same kind that adorned the hands clenched into fists in his pockets. No matter what he did, no matter how good he tried to be…that’s how people would always see him when they looked at him. The monster. The man closed his eyes for a moment, the memory of red-hair and green eyes and a welcoming smile flashing to the front of his gaze. Almost everyone.

It was the monster that stood in front of them today. The monster that was needed. Slowly John’s hands unclenched slipped out of his pockets.

“Everyone’s so worried about everything out there attacking us, but there are always the voice in the dark. There will always be the voice in the dark, the threat that no-one saw coming that will slip through our defences. It’s always been the truth, that no security, no intelligence will ever be able to match the capabilities of a determined attacker who’s willing to sacrifice his life in order to hurt us. No-one can protect us from every threat out there, from every whisper in the dark, to ask that of anyone is asking the impossible.”

Dark eyes swept around the room, examining the Viceroys as John’s gaze swept past them. His voice never rose, never seeming to shout, even as his words carried to the ends of the room.

“These men and women on the frontlines rose to the challenge marvellously, going to what was supposed to be a mission of peace they found themselves in hell instead. That is my report, we came in peace, expecting to help rebuild a planet after the horror of war swept over it. We brought healers, we brought supplies and construction equipment. We didn’t bring countless battledroids, we didn’t bring hazmat suits and battle armour. Why would we, we expected the people to want us to be there, and they did. The people of Atrisia welcomed our aid, welcomed the healing camps and construction efforts we set up.”

It was easy for John to take control of a holoprojector, a picture of the planet appearing before all the room as a black metal hand came up to gesture at it as the map zoomed out to the galactic map, the territory of the confederacy outlined in purple.

“Atrisia is on the very edge of our territory, beyond the ability of our core fleets to patrol. But more than that, how do you patrol the vastness of space effectively. We know, we all know that if someone wants to get somewhere, they’ll find a way. That’s what smugglers exist for. For the Blackwing Virus to show up on Atrisia…who could have foreseen it. For Bounty Hunters to show up on Geonosis, they were always going to get here if they wanted.”

The man turned now, pitching his voice to flow over the Viceroy’s gathered, filling the hall. They were scared, not just them, the people of the Confederacy who would be watching this broadcast. The people they were supposed to protect, to provide security to. It was understandable, to have a threat like the Blackwing appear, for bounty hunters to enter the very halls of governance. Who wouldn’t be scared?

“There are questions to be asked, to be answered no doubt, but there is a more important question that no-one has brought up, has even considered yet. How did we respond? When the Virus struck, how did the defenders of the Confederacy react? I’ll admit we were caught off-guard. I didn’t see it coming, I didn’t realise what we were dealing with at the start. It’s why I set up the refugee camps, started sending people to the medical camps we’d set up before. It was oinly when we actually got boots on the ground we realised what we were dealing with, and by then it was too late, we were committed and infected.”

This time John’s gaze was locked on the Vicelord, his words only for the man who had trusted him, invested him with authority.

“That was my error, no-one else’s. I gave the orders, the best I could on the information that we had but I sent in our troops. Those very Defenders of the Confederacy I spoke about earlier.”

The moment was over, the man’s hand sweeping around the room gaze following it.

“Those defenders who rose magnificently to the situation at hand. They knew what they were facing, they knew what risks they faced, and not one of them gave less than their all for a planet they barely knew. We started in the cities, containing the zombies and the outbreak, preventing travel between the cities while pulling any uninfected we might find, that we might save. We deployed what droids and soldiers we had across the planet.”

The holo-image zoomed in on the planet, highlighting the various zones of combat.

“Thanks to the nightmother’s assault on Jar’kai the night sisters were able to support us in that, helping to prevent the spread of the virus while we established the cordons. My role was primarily in management, setting the overall strategy of containment and shifting troops and resources as the situation evolved. The policy of maintaining the camps was my decision too, gathering people in one place helped provide them with a feeling of security while our soldiers worker, and meant we could monitor them for further outbreaks more easily than if they’d been spread out across the planet.”

It went unsaid that the orders given to those watchers were not to let the virus spread, by any means possible.

“If you’re worried about the security of the Confederacy, if your citizens, those you’re answerable to are concerned? Then tell them that. Show them the members of Dauntless, the Knights Obsidian and those very civilians who were only there to help, who gave their all to defend a planet. The world itself turned against them, the citizens they were trying to defend turned against them by the virus. And it didn’t stop them.”

“We speak about traitors, about terrorists and conspirators, about threats to our security. Where’s your proof? In the history of the Confederacy there have been only a handful of incidents, and for each of those, we rose, we rose to face them, to cast them down. That’s the Confederacy I believe in. You speak of the need for an Inquisition, for showing our people that we value their security? I think that our actions speak for themselves. At every juncture, we’ve defended the people of the Confederacy with everything we have, right upto and including death.”

“Honour the sacrifices of those willing to put their life on the line for you and your citizens. Hold up their actions in defending the Confederacy. That’s the best cure against fear, against those who would see us as weak.”

“Let the galaxy, let our people know; We’re still standing.”

bunibar.png

Last edited:

Not only Kredius was visibly shocked when the voice, cold and commanding, rippled through the entire assembly hall. This was a voice that went beyond the physical and seemed to hold a lot of weight in the more technical aspect, as the form of the Viceroy took a step back and actually sat down when the silence descended upon the Viceroyalty chambers, the eyes of the Eriadu delegation equally affixed upon the person to whom the voice belonged as so many other members of the viceroyalty itself. even the masked man, who had seemingly been so calm during the earlier skirmish of words, insinuations and implications, found himself leaning slightly back upon his seat, his eyes widening for even but a moment, yet long enough to show even he was quietly impressed by this commanding, yet not at all overbearing voice.

"I...I will retract my demands," Kredius' voice was shallow, shocked and seemingly broken, his voice but a whisper hardly capable of being registered during the lithany given by the Minister of science John Locke John Locke . What was there to say, when the one man who actually coordinated the majority of the operations, strengthened the control and th efficiency of the efforts in the middle of that sort of catastrophy, was pouring down his words.

As long as the man continued, taking blame, extolling the actions of those who had fought, toiled and even died, giving relief to those in need, not forgetting the sacrifices made by so many. Kredius could not say a word, enamored, pulled in as he was by this man's fiery, yet also sorrowful speech. This was a commanding voice not by tone or by audibility, but by sheer emotion, emotion so strangely disconnected from the image the man had as a being now closer to the droids than the living, breathing being he most likely once had been. He was the reverse of Kredius, who had grown to be more like the humans he served and impersonated than the droids who shared his structures, his programming.

“Let the galaxy, let our people know; We’re still standing.”

When these words reverberated throughout the Assembly hall, Kredius was the first to stand up and clap his hands, not with a smile or tears, but with an expression which showed he was genuinely impressed and somehow moved by those words, which was somewhat different from the usually fiery and sly image he seemed to have. For a moment, Kredius looked at the masked man sitting near him, giving him a silent nod, to which the man reacted by standing up as well, clapping his hands as well.

"Your words have touched my heart and my conscience, Minister Locke," Reaching his hand towards the masked man, a datapad was being transferred, with the viceroy calmly pressing a few tabs on the screen, sliding aside a few images and tables before ending with one image. It was Atrisia, in its current state a broken world, but not a world beyond saving or rather a world worth saving. "Minister Locke, allow me to be the first to show my support to the people of Atrisia in a more constructive and more palpable way than our foolish bickering up till now."

In the very center, displayed to all of those present within the Viceroyalty chambers, a large, slowly spinning logo appeared.

t2bJkau.jpg

It was no secret that House Nargath, with the viceroy in particular owned the majority share of this large corporation and though it was probably not a major player within the Confederacy itself, it still had a large influence outside the confederacy's borders.

"I hereby open not just a trust fund in order to rebuild Atrisia to its former glory, I will personally see to it and guarantee that my company will build new housing, new schools, new job ventures for people on that planet, we will not just be standing, will be rebuilding...and we'll rise from this tragedy...together."

BX-Strip.png
Be Present

TAGS: Alkor Centaris Alkor Centaris | Gat Tambor Gat Tambor | Kurenai Yumi Kurenai Yumi | John Locke John Locke | Luna Terrik Luna Terrik | Gerwald Lechner Gerwald Lechner | Custani Valcho Custani Valcho | Xazzex Xivar Xazzex Xivar | Vytal Noctura Vytal Noctura | Credius Credius | Bastille Rommer Bastille Rommer | Jordar Varcskel | Allya Vi'Dreya Allya Vi'Dreya | Ben Craig Ben Craig | Darth Metus Darth Metus | Srina Talon Srina Talon | Kyyrk Kyyrk

Many seats were empty for a myriad of reasons, the primary of which was that many of the Viceroyalty had deemed it safer or preferable to commute to such a gathering via Holographic Projection; and it seemed that others throughout all levels of the hierarchy that made up the Confederacy had made a similar decision. There were those though that had arrived in person and of those she wished that they too had gone the route of using a Holographic Projector. Their screeching chest-thumping of 'patriotism' or demands to remove this individual or that had already begun to grade upon her mind; and when her gaze for a moment shifted towards the Exarch, it was clear that the wintery woman felt the same. That alone brought a soft smirk to Amelia's lips as she, in turn, rolled her eyes, more than happy though that she kept her helm on to cover such a gesture from all others that may have seen it otherwise.

For her part, the High Marshal had deemed it a necessity to not be in her seat, not out of any worry or concern for security - though some would call her paranoid as she'd always ensured that the E'care Shukur was always in orbit of Geonosis or at least in the system when it wasn't out patrolling since the most recent attack on the Capital. Rather she deemed it necessary for her to be up and round, moving through the shadows and between the various guard postings within the chamber rather than be stuck in one place. In her mind had she remained sitting in such an open and easily viewed location, she'd have already made some gesture that otherwise would have been deemed offensive by one of the Viceroys; and she had a good mind as to whom it would have been given the just now retracted demand that Lord Voph be removed.

As she made her way towards what could be considered the center of the large meeting chamber, she took a place with two other guards for a moment; though it seemed that no matter where she went in the damned chamber she could still hear the screeching demands of the Viceroys at all angles - damned the acoustics of this place. Still, she would also be the first to admit they were pretty great. Perhaps when it was all over she could steal the meeting hall for a concert or a Space Opera?

Ame.png

House-Verd.png]
I N Q U I S I T I O N
Metus-Side.gif

Tag: Alkor Centaris Alkor Centaris , Gat Tambor Gat Tambor , Kurenai Yumi Kurenai Yumi , John Locke John Locke , Luna Terrik Luna Terrik , Gerwald Lechner Gerwald Lechner , Custani Valcho Custani Valcho , Xazzex Xivar Xazzex Xivar , Vytal Noctura Vytal Noctura , Credius Credius , Bastille Rommer Bastille Rommer , Jordar Varcskel, Allya Vi'Dreya Allya Vi'Dreya , Ben Craig Ben Craig , Srina Talon Srina Talon , Kyyrk Kyyrk , Amelia von Sorenn Amelia von Sorenn , Visanj T'shkali Visanj T'shkali

Pray for Peace.

As a politician...As the public visage of the mighty Confederacy, such a mantra should have been well received. To hope with ones entire being that the days and nights would be filled with a reprieve of suffering. Yet, Darth Metus knew - believed - in the contrary. A lifetime of War had taught him as much. The Darkness in his bones had demanded as much. Peace, no matter how well-earned or desired, was a lie. Peace was the span of time it took the enemy on the horizon to keen their blades and to muster their armies. Peace, ultimately, was not a reality they would "enjoy" for long.

Prepare for War.

Truth had begun to fill the chambers. The Vicelord had demanded that the time for grandstanding had passed - yet, despite his request, the gilded language fell from bureaucratic lips. Were the Sith a few decades younger, he would have rolled his eyes without a care for decorum. In the present, his hands simply tightened upon either side of the podium. He hearkened to the words of the Masters Council - to Kyyrk Kyyrk who made quite the point. How had the recent events transpired? Leadership. It seemed as though they were of a similar mind regarding this fact at least. Of course, the man had chosen a rather interesting illustration for his thoughts - one that aroused ire on the part of the Eriadu Delegation.

Credius Credius promptly demanded the Obsidian Lord removed. Though, his ire did not last long. Bastille Rommer Bastille Rommer , firstly, voiced his support for decisive action - citing the norms of his people. But beyond this? The man responsible for Atrisia's response rose to give his report. In him, there were no gilded words. No posturing. Facts and responsibility defined John Locke John Locke . Let the Galaxy, let our people know; we're still standing. were the final words which echoed across the chamber.

Darth Metus would not keep them waiting any longer.

"You have all given me much to consider." He began, raising his dominant hand. His finger pointed across the gap - directly to the pod upon which the Minister of Science stood. There was a groan, repulsors moaning in protest as the Vicelord's dominance was exerted over them. The sensitives would feel the tidal wave of power - the mundane could only watch. Slowly, the pod was dragged across the gap, coming to a half before the Vicelord's own. All this to look the man in his eye.

"Though delivered creatively, Master Voph had raised an excellent point. Leadership across all corners of the Confederacy is required. In one breath, he stated that Atrisia could have been prevented - yet you claim how could you have prepared for this? By your command, the response was given. By your orders, Atrisia is in the state of the present." His thoughts paused. Dominant hand lowering to the podium for but a moment - yet his amber gaze did not leave the man's face. "For this, the Ministry of Science will find itself bereft of your leadership. Effective immediately, it will be led by your deputy, Visanj T'shkali Visanj T'shkali ."

In that moment, the Sith turned ever so slightly. His form indicating those who stood behind him. His sibling, Alkor Centaris Alkor Centaris . His Apprentice, the Exarch Srina Talon Srina Talon . The void which had been left behind by Adron Malvern.

"Why? For your leadership is required elsewhere. Armed with little more than a humanitarian effort, you led our force in saving Atrisia. The nation has need of you, John Locke - as Exarch." The Vicelord motioned with his dominant hand towards the seat - the new seat of John Locke - before settling back upon the podium. There was still much work to do. And, as promised before, the Vicelord had a plan for the future. "Likewise." he began, speaking to the assembly as a whole.

"I have leaned upon the efforts of another who stands before you all. One who dove into the shadows to ascertain the truths which shaped the plan I will lay before you today. For exposing these truths, and for serving the Confederacy just as faithfully, I hereby name Alkor Centaris Alkor Centaris Exarch."

"But what are these truths? In a word - Information. How is it that we have an entire Ministry devoted to Secrets yet find ourselves bereft? It was Alkor's efforts which uncovered that the Ministry had been compromised, long before the present. Plagued with defection. Corruption. Because of its autonomy, these cracks were not uncovered until he had made the effort to do so. Were the Ministry functioning, I have no doubt that these few occurrences that have plagued recent days? We would have seen them coming."

What then is the plan?"

The Sith stepped aside from the podium, allowing nothing to stand between him and the chambers. "I hereby motion for an INQUISITION."

"Since their inception, the Knights Obsidian have been devoted to the rooting out of Corruption across our borders. We have been lax in utilizing them to their full potential. This. Ends. Now. This Inquisition will see a bolstering of their presence across all Confederate worlds. By order of this Inquisition, the Knights Obsidian will have the full cooperation of all Ministries and all member worlds. Moreover, to combat the challenge the vastness of our borders poses, the Ministry of Secrets will be reorganized under the supervision of the Confederate Defense Force. This new, Office of Naval Intelligence will work hand-in-hand with the Obsidian Inquisition - and will attempt to seek out those threats beyond our borders. While daunting, we will know what is to come."

"I hereby motion that Voph of the Knights Obsidian spearhead the Inquisition - as both its organizer and Lord Commander of the Order. I hereby motion that the vacant mantle of Grand Marshal of NAVCOM be bestowed upon Amelia von Sorenn Amelia von Sorenn - with the first order of business being to restructure our Sector Armadas to account for the growth of our borders and incoming expansion. Delegates of the Viceroyalty, Knights Obsidian, and Confederate Defense Force - what say you to the Inquisition?

Metus-Top1.gif

And so fell the very idea of self-governance, under the guise of safety and security.
Both Kredius and the masked man looked on ahead in trepidation, as the Vicelord seemingly prepared himself to address the entirity of the assembled Viceroyalty. However, what they got was not what was to be expected.

Firstly, it was the wave of cold, icy darkness within the force, which the masked man could feel quite strongly, washing over him and probably the rest of the assembly with a connection to the force almost akin to being drowned within the cold and icy waters of Mon Cala. Truly, an impressive feeling, imposing and enthralling as ever. Alas, even though it seemed like this was just something which would happen normally, it seemed that the Vicelord had a reason for doing this, a reason for truly exerting his dominance or at the very least attempting to show that he was in truth, still running the show.

It began with the minister of science, at first it almost looked like the Vicelord would be berating him for his actions on Atrisia, but that was a false hunche, as but a few moments later, John Locke John Locke was announced as the replacement for the seat of the former exarch Adron Malvern Adron Malvern . This was quite the big news, followed by equally interesting news when it was stated that not only would the current minister of science be heralded as an Exarch, his deputy Visanj T'shkali Visanj T'shkali would also take over the role of Minister, thus keeping it all within the same group which had headed said ministery for quite some time now, which though obviously not a bad idea, meant to Kredius, that any effort or attempt to create any contracts with the Confederacy on behalf of the Nargath and Zanareth Umbrella Corporation, would yet again be in vain.

Some more unsettling news came in the form of Alkor Centaris Alkor Centaris being named as Exarch as well, a man who Kredius nor Credius had little to no information on, whom neither had even spoken to or encountered during their entire time within the Confederacy and who apparently hailed from the very ministry of secrets, the somewhat unsecretive intelligence group within the confederacy which had already cocked up quite badly even before Credius and his homeworld had been part of the Confederacy. the entire thing was worthy of a few headscratches and decisive mumblings.

With each passing second, it became clear just how pointless the Viceroyalty was becoming, with each and every word uttered and spoken by the vicelord, his attempt to completely remove any and all semblance of self-governance was becoming obvious to both Kredius and the masked man, the fact that most likely the viceroyalty would follow through on this act blindly and without question was already rather apparent. Many of those who were viceroys had the guts to speak loudly among their own, but when it came to the vicelord, they followed his every decision like meek little sheep, even if it not only hurt their own freedom, but the freedom of the very worlds, planets and systems they represented.

An Inquisition was being called...an INQUISITION?!?

That word alone held more negative connotations to someone like the masked man than most of the people within the assembly. The inquisition was the beginning of full blown tyranny and the end of liberty in all its forms. Any sith with some semblance of intellect and some grasp over the knowledge and history of their kind would know just what the inquisition was and what it would be allowed to do. The fact that the Vicelord summed it up quite clearly was the drop, He called it a cooperative meassure, but it was dominance, pure and simple. This inquisition would breach all the rules set in place for the self governance of viceroyal territory, it would strip planets of their own rules and own laws and would do nothing but instill an unholy fear within those too cowardly to act against it, while spelling a torturous journey for those who did have the gall to stand up against them.

"I can't abide by this call for an inquisition," Kredius stood up and leaned at the edge of his pod, looking straight at Darth Metus Darth Metus with a cold, stern look in utter defiance. Strangely, from said very pod, a tremor through the force could be felt as well, cold, dark and defiant in its own right, with the masked man looking straight at the Vicelord as well. "You speak of leadership, I hear tyrany. You call for an Inquisition, an organization which in their own right would supercede our own authority within our territories. You remove one organization which we as a viceroyalty had no say in for another organization which would completely supplant us. That, milord is a blatant show of tyrany, something we as Eriaduans can't abide by, at the very least not me personally. I have seen what tyranny has wrought, I have learned about the empires of the past and have observed those of the present."

Letting out a sigh, placing a hand against his forehead and seemingly in thought for a moment, the Viceroy of Eriadu spread out his arms, looking at the other esteemed members of the viceroyalty. "I implore all of you to consider this call, to consider what you'll be surrendering and how little your voice, the voice of your people will account for when you let something like this pass. I know it is not in any way a wise choice to oppose such a motion with violence, as the crudeness of such an act would only result in more deaths and more chaos, something which we are actively trying to prevent. So I ask you again, my esteemed colleagues, to oppose the call for an inquisition...but, should this motion still pass, I will take the peaceful choice of resigning as representative of Eriadu, for I can't continue to act in ignorance when my people are being ruled by individuals that know not of their culture, their dreams and their ambitions, but only the bloody end of a blaster and a sword."

The talks had been long and for the most part Kurenai had abstained form talking anymore. She wasn't a political speaker in anyway, her usual tone of voice being ill suited fro swaying large crowds. In turn lack of general experience in these sorts of instances meant she wasn't about to risk saying something and coming off like an idiot. That being said she wasn't able to really stand by with what Metus has just said, and though not fully agreeing with Credius Credius words he did raise a good point with the whole inquisition thing.

With the man of questionable motive finishing his speech the silent Knight took her own stand. "I too would like to voice my concern with the nature of this order, yes we are in need to re allocate the knights Obsidian towards internal affair as well as external". "But I feel an 'inquisition' may be taking things a step to far, it's name alone would easily turn a few peoples heads considering what 'other' powers employ inquisitors". The Neighboring Sith Empire and past galactic empire whom they had gone to war with probably coming to mind.

"Though I do not believe such actions would make it so the Viceroy do not have a say in the matter" "As you yourself at the end of the day have authority over the knights if you please and many among the order have personal connection with many of those present here". "I still think a slightly more tempered approach would be in mind as to not cause unwanted fear or paranoia among the ruling members here today as well as the general populous".

Darth Metus Darth Metus Amelia von Sorenn Amelia von Sorenn Kyyrk Kyyrk Gerwald Lechner Gerwald Lechner

Xazzex stood at the fore of her pod and listened as the Viceroys and the Exarchs and even the Vicelord addressed the chamber. All the jingoistic fervor washed over her as a gentle breeze. It carried the sweet scent of hopeless romanticism. There had been a brief moment when the scent turned rancid, but it had been short lived.

John Locke, the incorrigible magnate, tried the hardest to calm fears and stoke the hearts of those present. His words were graceful and egalitarian as expected of the Confederacy's leading body. In the end, however, these words did not reach the Falleen any more than those that preceded them. They were good words. What was said she understood and might even agree with; but they held no sway as to what she sought for her own world. John met the public cry for the Confederacy to demonstrate their commitment and effectiveness, but not Xazzex's spirit.

Credius, on the other hand, seemed to differ on this matter. That did draw Xazzex's eye. Seriously? He'd empathized with what Locke had said? Surely it was a feint as they two were prone to do in public. The tears were going a bit far, however, in her opinion. Thankfully, toward the end, it would seem the Viceroy had something in mind after all, being the one to personally oversee reconstructive efforts on Atrisia.

Well, the man was welcome to it. Falleen had no interest in conquering other worlds by proxy. They established relationships and managed the flow of goods and credits. Such was possible without going to overly lavish and expensive efforts as shouldering the rebuilding of an entire world. Credius was welcome to the benefits resulting from that effort, however. The two of them could coexist quite easily.

The illustrious Vicelord himself then addressed the assembly once again. At first he started with a boorish ceremony of promoting two of his own. Oh, yes, jolly well done, and all that nonsense. Surely the Confederacy would be all the stronger and able to yadda yadda, etc. etc. and so on. No, the man took his time. Ambled about the heart of the matter. Drew out a Falleen's patience waiting to hear the nugget of value in all of this...

INQUISITION.

And there it was. In what was rarer than out maneuvering a Hutt at their own game, the green woman smiled. Just a little bit. At the corners. Blood coursed through her veins and her eyes locked on the man that spoke. She recognized not only who he was or what he said, but that he was speaking. Everything he said from that word forth was important.

Sadly the latter half was just more shuffling, but the first half would do. Xazzex stepped away from the fore of her pod and settled back into the comfort of her seat once more. The flute had been refilled in anticipation of her return, and the Falleen tasted of its nectar without a single knot in her entire body. Simply marvelous. An inquisition. If it wouldn't have people gawking in disbelief, Xazzex would have happily endorsed the idea. Unfortunately that would only backfire back home -- the people wouldn't understand. As it was some of them would say she had a hand in causing it already. The Viceroy knew how to deal with those people, and to shape the conversation back on track.

Eriadu, however, was not so amused. Xazzex's faint smile, however, didn't wilt at his objection. If anything, she relished in it. One should wonder how a planet like Falleen could possibly benefit of an Inquisition. Surely their criminal connections would be at risk. A few might even be severed. The long game, however, was what a true master played at. One where a few ventures lost would be nothing more than a footnote in their grand history.

"Perhaps," she spoke up without bothering to stand, "the processes and protocols of this so-called Inquisition should be put forward to the vote rather than merely its idea. After all," the flute gently circled in her hand, "none of us here have any reason to fear a humble Knight visiting our worlds. Our leadership understands," and if her public thoughts were shown incorrect that would play well for her, "that without details it does leave many questions. I doubt any Viceroy here today could say with a straight face their citizens would surrender all private secrets for review -- as an example." An open Inquisition with no rules would be dangerous to Falleen. One where you established boundaries, and participated in their creation, on the other hand...

Tag: Alkor Centaris Alkor Centaris , Gat Tambor Gat Tambor , Kurenai Yumi Kurenai Yumi , John Locke John Locke , Luna Terrik Luna Terrik , Gerwald Lechner Gerwald Lechner , Custani Valcho Custani Valcho , Darth Metus Darth Metus , Vytal Noctura Vytal Noctura , Credius Credius , Bastille Rommer Bastille Rommer , Jordar Varcskel , Allya Vi'Dreya Allya Vi'Dreya , Ben Craig Ben Craig , Srina Talon Srina Talon , Kyyrk Kyyrk , Amelia von Sorenn Amelia von Sorenn , Visanj T'shkali Visanj T'shkali

Last edited:
I N C A P A C I T A T E D
Custani's eyes widened in shock. What the hell was the Vicelord doing? Was he aware of his choices of Exarch. John Locke John Locke would be a great choice but who was the other? Yes, for a long time many offices of the Confederacy had been left vancat.

"I have my concerns. And so, it is with great remorse that I state, I support the claims if Viceroy Nargath. This is the pathway to tryanny! Darth Metus, are you aware that when I inform my government of this they will cry for secission! As leader of the Mechis III Combine, I won't allow unnesscary death of my citizens! I beg of you, all of you"

He turned to look at the Viceroy of Fallen. The force flew in him as he gathered his strength from the anger and hate brewing in the Chambers.

"First, you break the law. Did you not forgot you have two Viceroys! I wasn't aware you were lawfully able to have four! Darth Metus, please forgive me but you are not an Emperor. You are the leader of a democratic nation. The Inquisition is unesscary. However, I say the following. Instead if allowing the Knights Obsidian to ransack our homes, something that will make the Confederacy into multiple new nations, I say we trust ourselves to take care of the problem. Weed out the nonbeliever's in any way we see fit. If you choose otherwise, I regretfully say either you he removed from Office, or it will be war"

He paused. He couldn't believe the words coming out of his mouth. "No! No! There will not be war! Instead I choose this. Rather then secede or declare war on the body, the Viceroyalty of Mechis III will allow this...purge to take place under the direct observation of the Viceroyalty. Specifically Exarch Locke"

VophTop.png

Voph exhaled slowly. Inquisition. A word he was all too familiar with. And one that met with immediate backlash. The clamoring in the Viceroyalty hall was deafening, with objections being voiced one after the other. Voph glanced to the members of the Knights Obsidian pod around him, gaze lingering for a moment on Kurenai Yumi Kurenai Yumi as she voiced concerns against an Inquisition. Another deep breath was taken, before Voph stood. His voice carried clearly about the pod, but not to the chamber as a whole. "Masters, it would seem there is work to be done. Stay as long as you wish here, but report to the Citadel when you are finished. I will send for you before the day is out."
Voph turned to look at the chambers before him. Now he understood why the Vicelord had insisted on his presence. He watched the uproar silently for a moment, then turned to leave without a word. He had his orders, and nothing more to say. He would keep a close eye on those outspoken against the Inquisition. They would be visited first. In the meantime, he needed to prepare. After all, not moments prior, Voph had voiced concerns of the eligibility of Confederate Leadership, and been rewarded for his efforts by receiving command of perhaps her most powerful division.
There was work to be done.

orangbar.png

hDL972p.png

// TAMBOR TIME //
[ Yikes! ]

Gat Tambor had just emerged from a legendary dose of mind spiral which he'd been venting through his suit the entirety of the meeting before THE Darth Metus Darth Metus took the podium and issued his statement declaring the Inquisition.

So long as the Inquisition continued to remain out of his clandestine corporate affairs, Tambor was all but apathetic to the announcement. In all truth, he was barely a Confederate politician. Only charged with taking this position as Viceroy of Christophsis purely to do what he hoped to do this very evening, get the monstrous goliath of a political entity that was THE Confederacy of Independent systems to sell just a little bit of their economic autonomy and accept the Galactic Standard Credit as their official form of currency.

However, bringing up this matter was...difficult knowing the tragedies at Atrisia would be the prime matter on the agenda for the day, hence why the Skakoan timed his dose of the hardcore psychedelic spice to send him through
net of being immediately toward the beginning of that topic's discussion -- allowing him about fifteen minutes of awe inspiring psychedelic bliss before he finally awoke into the horrible, dreadful, putrid and utterly forlorn nightmarescape that was conscious existence. Finally, the Viceroy of Christophsis spoke up, standing from his seat of his platform he addressed the entirety of the Confederacy.

"WERERERERRROEWEWWWWWWWWWEEEORRRRRERERUWUWEEEE- I agree with any...reservations over the far reaching implications of an 'inquisition', though in these trying times it may not be best for the Confederate government to strain itself any further with more budget expenditures, especially with what comes with an entirely new apparatus of government.

Perhaps the Vicelord should trust his worlds and the private organizations which have had such a close and productive relationship with the CIS. "

The Skakoan spoke, his voice modulator habitually malfunctioning in the form of a loud and ear screeching whirr which he tamed after a few moments of fiddling with the dial attached to his atmospheric suit. Remaining standing he appraised the reaction from his peers with wide, beady eyes underneath his thick and pressurized goggles.

Last edited:

VisTop.jpg
T H I S IS W H Y I D R I N K

Vis was nearly out of the Capitol, and looking forward to igniting a cigarette and watching her her frustrations fly away with the smoke. Suddenly, there was an uproar and the sound of running feet drawing close behind her. "Deput....er, Minister T'shkali!" cried the voice behind her. Vis took a swallow, then slid the flask back into her pocket as she turned around.​
"Minister? Did they kill John Locke John Locke ? Because if this is your way of telling me you want to die, Sergeant, you're off to a brilliant beginning."
The young soldier stopped in his tracks, eyes wide as he stammered again, straightening his posture. "N-No, th-the Vi-Vicelord, he...he's promoted you to Minister of Science, and Minister Locke is now an Exarch."
Vis lit the cigarette anyway, walking back down the hall toward the meeting chamber as the young soldier trailed behind her. "No kidding. He must be in a very good mood. Must've gotten a reprieve on this month's child support."
"What's that?"
"Nothing. Nevermind. So why were you sent to fetch me? Have I angered someone already?" Vis took another pull on her cigarette, then pitched it into the potted fern as they rounded the corner.​
"No, Ma'am. There's been a call made by the Vicelord for an...an Inquisition. He made it just after promoting you and Exarch Locke and Exarch Alkor Centaris Alkor Centaris . Darth Metus Darth Metus has placed Kyyrk Kyyrk to lead it, it seems, though some have spoken out and seem to intend to defy it."
"No one ever expects an Inquisition. It would appear that our Vicelord seeks to put his house in order, and that he intends to see that we are finally united in our common cause. The Confederacy finds itself at a most interesting place in time and space, and in times such as this one, greatness and disaster are balanced in their potential. An Inquisition is a means, a tool and nothing more than that. It can be a scalpel, deftly carving out cancer, and it can be a sword, plunged into liberty's heart. What defines a tool is the craftsman using it, and if indeed our Vicelord has placed it into the hands of Voph, I suspect it's a bad day to be cancerous. Who speaks against it?"
"Two Viceroys have spoken most fiercely, Ma'am. Credius Credius and Custani Valcho Custani Valcho have both said they oppose the measure. Viceroy Velcho said either the Vicelord must go or else war would come!"
"Don't call me Ma'am, hun. I am a Minister of Science, not your mother. You may relax. It's been a tense day, and I've a feeling it may be moreso yet. Viceroy Nargath is a smart man, and he may be hesitant to accept the measure, but I suspect he will ponder the matter and arrive at the blistering realization that it is not a punishment but an opportunity. He's wanted contracts with us for a long time, and right now, a favorable stance will serve him well at the bargaining table. I trust that he will see that and make the choice to cooperate, as it is in his interests going forward. I actually look forward to seeing what his clever mind will give us. As for ultimatums, Viceroy Velcho should know not to make them, especially ones so brazen," She laughed, talking aloud to the Sergeant beside her as they rode the lift upward. "Vicelord Metus is not being removed, certainly not by a drunken mynock or Viceroy Velcho, and either proposal is just as comical. Saber-rattling is a poor strategy, especially if you've no sword to swing and no idea of how to swing it, wouldn't you say?"
The Sergeant laughed and grinned, "Yes....um....Vis?"
"Close enough."
The lift door opened. "This is my stop. Do something for me Sergeant? Go to the Ministry of Science, find one of the officers of the Corps of Discovery, and tell them that Baroness Visanj Ochara Selene Mazah-T'shkali, Minister of Science wants a full report on her desk within the hour regarding the Corps' disposition and readiness levels. Tell them it's a work night, and to order in. I suspect we have much work ahead."
The Sergeant saluted, "Yes Baroness"
She kissed his cheek, "You're getting better. Thank you, Sergeant."
With that, Vis walked to the doors of the meeting chamber and pushed them open, walking back into the lions' den to observe the unfolding din of false outrage and posturing she'd been promised.​
teal123.png

Last edited:
Tag: Antoin Garrick Antoin Garrick | Ciri Jade Ciri Jade | Holt Holt | Visanj T'shkali Visanj T'shkali Razelle Breuner Razelle Breuner | Saabossi Saabossi | Nighthaunter Nighthaunter | Tess Valnora Tess Valnora | Ingrid L'lerim Ingrid L'lerim | Shakti Sweet Shakti Sweet | Malcoma Hesse Malcoma Hesse | Mr. Antilles Mr. Antilles

Nyx did not hold an opinion on politics. It was a fascinating study of organic relations and social dynamics. It did seem significantly inefficient, however. Nevertheless, she listened to what was happening at the top of the Confederate hierarchy and heard what organics would call "damn disturbing news" spoken by Darth Metus Darth Metus himself.

"... the Ministry of Secrets will be reorganized under the supervision of the Confederate Defense Force. This new, Office of Naval Intelligence will work hand-in-hand with the Obsidian Inquisition..."

Invoke Master Control. Invoke Revelation Protocol. Authorization Code Nyx Omicron Signi Alpha Five Five Victor Tango Seven Delta Delta Nine Zero Juliet Three Alpha Alpha Lima Phi. Priority Black.

Retrieve Asset database. Retrieve Resource database. Retrieve Pivot Point database. Retrieve Contact database.

Send Revelation Signal to Assets and Remote Facilities. Sever Black Site connections, engage independent operations until contact re-established. Nyx would have to ensure those sites were visited to ensure corruption did not fester, though she expected almost all personnel to be dutifully loyal to the Confederacy. It should prove unlikely a malicious actor could easily take control of such a site, provided the transition did not take far longer than should otherwise be necessary. Three hours should suffice... Yes, Nyx knew she would be disappointed.

Invoke Low Level Control. Invoke Secure Erase. Purge Redundancy. Purge Level Black databases. Purge Audit Log. Purge Free Space. Overwrite Free Space. Wipe Free Space. Overwrite Free Space. Wipe Free Space.

Nyx swept through the Ministry's systems in search of programs that might have been deposited by some other branch within the Confederacy. Something Alkor Centaris Alkor Centaris might have commissioned, or the work of the newly appointed Exarch John Locke John Locke perhaps. Nothing could be left to chance. Every contingency was on the table. They even had to consider the possibility of a mole having retrieved some of this data already -- though it would be up to the field personnel to decide whether to follow established alternative contact protocol if they felt endangered.

They had amassed a substantial amount of data with any number of legal or illegal connections throughout the Confederacy (and beyond). Nyx prioritized backing up the blackest of data to herself, and then commenced with purging it. There were a handful of Level Red that might be worthwhile as well, but at least those projects would not demand an reckoning by whoever assumed control of the Ministry's property. Outsiders had no business knowing what had transpired -- although obviously Alkor had gained some level of access to determine there had been a traitor within the Ministry. A substantial loss in effectiveness had resulted thereafter, and now their efficiency would drop to practically zero.

Changing hands like this was a messy and sordid business. Nyx did not think the rest of the Confederacy appreciated the lengths one needed to go through to protect such a large and complicated body as the Confederacy of Independent Systems. That independence had more often than not worked against the Ministry's efforts to protect them. Each system thought themselves sufficiently protected with adequate resources assigned to the task of internal security. Nearly every one of them had been gravely mistaken.

To think her own efforts to upgrade such systems would now be delayed if not permanently suspended pending some undiscovered oversight body. If only that a droid could weep.

Last edited:

L E A R N I N G
Jepei1u.png

Wearing: Grand Marshall’s Officers Uniform
Tagging: | Darth Metus Darth Metus | Alkor Centaris Alkor Centaris | Gat Tambor Gat Tambor | Kurenai Yumi Kurenai Yumi | John Locke John Locke | Gerwald Lechner Gerwald Lechner | Custani Valcho Custani Valcho | Xazzex Xivar Xazzex Xivar | Vytal Noctura Vytal Noctura | Credius Credius | Bastille Rommer Bastille Rommer | Jordar Varcskel | Allya Vi'Dreya Allya Vi'Dreya | Kyyrk Kyyrk | Ben Craig Ben Craig | Srina Talon Srina Talon | Nyx N1X3 Nyx N1X3 | Visanj T'shkali Visanj T'shkali |

Emerald green eyes flicked around the room as the various senators wasted no time in either going at each other, or making postures speeches that were startlingly lacking on any sort of the solutions to the problems that they so claimed to see within the Confederacy. It was true that cracks in the armor had been shown to an extent. Atrisia and the attack on the viceroyalty were plenty proof of that, and there would be no denying it from the Grand Marshall. However, for some of the viceroyals, there seemed to be a startling lack of ideas to fixing the problems that they so vehemently cared about. It would’ve certainly been nice to hear from the viceroyals on how they believed this could best be fixed. Otherwise it felt like many were just shouting into a vacuum.

For now, she was content to just sit back, allow those with more sway in this conversation speak their peace, or for those that felt the need to just scream words loudly to do so as well. When the time came for her to speak up, she would do so. Otherwise, the Grand Marshal was only there to give a report. If her ideas were needed, she was sure they would be asked for. But at the moment, with the viceroyals arguing, it didn’t seem like a time to put herself out there.

However, with kinks now shown in the armor, there was a different type of action that needed to be taken. The one of reinforcing how they did things at home. After the horrible outbreak on Atrisia, and the attack on the viceroyals a few months back, there were defenses that needed to be better thought out. Luna had been present for both of these failures, albeit, late to the party for the Geonosis break. Those kinks needed answers to fill them, before they became gaping holes that were wide enough for the enemy to slip a knife through.

Before the solution to these gaps could be given, her eyes watched as the man to her right began to give his report on what had happened on Atrisia. It was all in good sentiment, and he was right about most all of it, as he usually was. Minister Locke was a fine one to work with. His mind teemed with ideas and angles different than her own on how to handle good situations. They made a good team. At least, that’s what she believed. Not that they saw each other much outside of a crisis to actually discuss a thing over tea. Perhaps when Camp Phoenix was completed, she’d give the man a tour. He’d be wonderful for getting some extra knowledge on where to set up those EWEBs…

The booming voice of the Vicelord came next, before any of the bickering politicians had the time to cut in after the ministers speech. It was a nice change of pace, one that Luna welcomed as she shifted to look toward the towering man. Her hands folded neatly in her lap, face stoic throughout the entirety of the speech. It made good points, laying out well how the Confederacy had never been a faction of men and women to just sit back and allow things to come to them. But as the Knight’s Obsidian leader had pointed out, it was a time for change and filling of positions, to shore up their home.

Not too many mattered much to her, though when the minister to her right was promoted to the esteemed position of Exarch, Luna couldn’t help but smile slightly at the revelation. Leaning slightly over, with a hushed voice, she gave her congratulations. “Well done, my friend.” The Grand Marshal was leaned back in her seat by the time the newest, and most startling, revelation came to light. An inquisition. Fascinating. That had not been something she saw coming.

Obviously, the same went for those within the room, as plenty of voices suddenly boomed out, a startling few against the idea. It didn’t seem like the idea in the world, though it made sense for some of these viceroys to be against it. There was the possibility of some freedoms being infringed, but with the goal of securing the Confederacy, couldn’t this be worth it? Perhaps a show of faith would help some on the fringes.

“Sirs,” She started, slowly standing from her position near the other reserved guests of this event, bowing her head to the exarchs of old and new, “and Vicelord.” This was a slightly deeper head bow, standing straight once done to speak to the room as a whole. “For those of you that I have not had the…esteemed pleasure of meeting, my name is Luna Terrik. Grand Marshal of the Confederate Dauntless Corps.” Introduction of the way, it probably time to quickly get to the point. No telling how many of these Viceroyals wouldn’t like her speaking that much.

“I have fought beside my brothers and sisters in the battles of Eshan, Zonmira, Kuat, and Taanab, among others. These were all fought on foreign soil, away from our homes and planets. Away from the freedoms and luxuries that we so desperately cling to. Not too long ago, my boots found themselves on Atrisia ground, fighting a threat there. Rarely have I had to fight for our freedom within our borders. Yet this is becoming much more of a reality that we face each and every day.”

“In my time on the battlefield, it has become clear that different problems require different solutions. As much as I wish we could, my Dauntless cannot be there to stop a threat every single time. And we surely cannot beat every threat before it even manifests. That is not what we are built for. This inquisition, however, it can do that. It is a different strategy, built of men and women who can find the blights on our society before they do damage. And while my soldiers and the Knights haven’t always been on the..best of terms..”

Shadow Point.

“It is obvious a new solution is needed. Even if it means that I too become part of this questioning, I see no reason why we shouldn’t agree to this. I have nothing to hide, and open my doors freely to whatever may occur from this. Please, this is a time for new solutions. Even I can see that.” Not the most artistic of speeches, though one that she hoped got the point across. Or at least got these exasperating individuals to think less of their own self interests for just a moment. Though, she doubted that last bit. It would be a ordeal to witness how this meeting concluded as she took her seat back next to the new Exarch with a bow of her head toward the chambers.

Jepei1u.png

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom