Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rules Update Age of Chaos - Annihilation

and the entire thread has to reach 400 posts within two weeks to even be viable for judging.

Just a clarification to prevent confusion: This is not true, there is no two week timeline on Annihilations.

There's not even a two week timeline on Invasions, it's just a suggestion provided by the ruleset. The timeline is usually organic and determined by the leaders of Factions involved.

A man can change his stars
Let the Annihilation threads be as they are.

Yes, it is nice that you have invested so much time and effort into that planet for your story. However, putting all of that stuff on one planet, makes hitting it, all the sweeter. It makes it a target rich environment for someone to reasonably want to do so.

Why did the Empire target Alderan? Because it had a lot of the big hitters or people who supported the republic, as well as being the home of many people who were in the Rebels. Hitting morale to be low, and to put the fear of god into them.

What do you think is happening to you now? You have the fear of god/tefka in your veins and you cant shake it.

I see this as a good step forward for more ideas in which we can have real consequences.

I came from a Fantasy Site years ago where no one had to ask permission to do anything to your character. They could kill them on the spot if they wanted too. It was your determination to fight back against it that would allow you to survive. If you don't have that here, in a place where it is super easy to say "Lol, nah, my character can't die cus I say so." then I need to have consequences in a fight, in a thread, where I feel challenged.

Call this a Hot Take, but I think that Tefka and the staff team ARE NOT DOING ENOUGH for this idea.

I want to see planets completely gone and marked on the map as being asteroids, or completely vaporized. I want to see factions take the remains of war and build from it like they did in Canon and Legends. If you want to have a great story, then the best idea is to roll with the punches, and make the best of it however you can. If you can't, then you are going to have a rough time here.

Gilamar Skirata

The most important step is always the next one
Everyone hinting Mandalore might be the target of an Annihilation

tumblr_mpmi3xfzCI1rcxicvo2_250.gifv

We all fall in parallel
Even if a faction decided every four months to do this, statistically speaking, the chances of actually wiping a planet off the map are low.

Variables include:

1) Prohibitive threshold (400 posts)
2) Interest (People stop feeling threads quickly)
3) Opposition (no one's gonna take it lying down)
4) Inefficient (tactically, it's less map game changing than an invasion.)

No one's gonna pick a random planet owned by someone they don't like and waste the energy to blow it up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom