Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Thing Or Two In Common (SJO Dominion of Commenor Hex)

Objective One: A Common Goal.

[COMMENOR: [member="Jairdain"], [member="Silfe Sosuri"], [member="Darlyn Excron"] ([member="Shoden Moz"])]
[SJO: [member="Josh DragonsFlame"], [member="Asaraa Vaashe"], [member="Cassius Droma"], [member="Aida Aquila"]]

Er6tw3E.png
Certainly, King Arenais...How can we help?
Veiere smiled appreciatively, moving to step further away from the group alongside [member="Aida Aquila"], but for a moment that they might privately have words with one another; "Please...Just call me Veiere" he both asked and suggested in the one remark, never having liked titles to be put between him and other peoples, especially Jedi that often shared his perspective on the matter.

"Before I found myself co-leading over Commenor, I served the Galaxy through the Jedi Order much of my life" He explained, though kept it short as he didn't care to brag or wish to come off that way at all; "The Jedi Path has always been my greatest influence, as has my training before me...-With the political shift over Commenor now, I would very much like to request a position within the Order of the Silver Jedi, that I can continue to serve, as was my life's dedication".

Over the previous years, he had continued to support the Jedi of the Galaxy through the Jedi Academy Network, financially backing and donating significant assets to the Organizations of the Jedi, often from his personal means so to keep the association with the Jedi out of Commenor politics. His wife didn't know the lengths he had gone to, seeking to find a way to make up for the mistakes and atrocities of his past, yet having found some small semblance of peace and acceptance in himself, he had none the less continued to do what he could to back the Jedi still to this day.

Marina DeVoe

Not a flight attendant... just a risk.
Objective: BYOO regarding the refugee children of Commoner Marina had evacuated off Commenor during the sith occupation to Alderaan. Children still in foster homes on Alderaan. Need locate children's families on Commenor.
Assets: Mariner IV , TK-1213
Current location: On Commenor
Tagging: Elaine Thul(also any of Marina's friends, if they should run into her)

Thul?...
Marina knew House Thul. Why her own family had a chalet on a mountain they named Thul in honor and remembrance of the secondary Royal House of Alderaan. Only that House DeVoe had been pledged to House Organa for Millenniums.
No, despite the riff between House Thul and House Organa, the DeVoes were not enemies of Thul. What helped prevent Civil war from further decaying Alderaan were Houses such as the DeVoes who pressed for other means of the two Royal houses from destroying their ancestral Alderaan. But eventually it were destroyed nevertheless by the former Galactic Empire.

"I..." Marina found herself lost for words.
She had not come to expect running into anyone from House Thul...not here on Commenor, no.
"No, I must apologize." She first replied, no tone of defense, but one certainly being caught off balance.

"I weren't informed as to whom I had been directed to. " She then paused, having taken in the young woman...a Thul. It were unexpected still. marina's eyes looked over her features a minute..the green eyes, the jawline...yes. Yes, she could see the family resemblance from the history holograms she had come to know.

"Duchess Thul..." She then gave her a slight bow of her head. it were one noble recognizing another...respect.

Marina still didn't know which Thul she were standing before, as no names had been given her due to keep the sith from flushing out their oppositions.

"...I haven't come here to discuss politics. I leave that up to those whom only hear of plights and not experience them." She were talking of the politicians who were never among the suffering, actually soiling their hands like this Duchess and her.
Marina herself never went by any title as she felt undeserving. besides, her sister Katie didn't mind the title of Duchess and served as one in House DeVoe next to their mother, Duchess Sansa.

"So no...I regrettably must say that I do not know that Queen [member="Kay Arenais"] is at all what she is currently said to be.
I only know her as I have...caring, just..one who would sacrifice herself for her people. I can't let myself be persuaded to think otherwise without myself weighing all that there is to weigh against that which I know...
I'm sorry. " Marina regrettably replied, hoping that it would not lead for the young Thul woman to challenge her. After all, marina were not one to go by hearsay or what mostly could be construed as propaganda..twisting facts that the sith could use to further decay the will, the hearts of Commoner's people.
Marina were basically taking the same stance as her lineage had done when the riff divided House Thul and House Organa.

"Please... I do need your help..."

[member="Elaine Thul"]

Objective: BYOO

It had been a long time since he had been last on Commenor, war had ravaged the world and the Sith were taking over the world last time Yuroic had been on the world. The city had recovered well from the attack, it was good to see that everyone was continuing their lives and moving forward from the attack. However, with the recent announcement of Kay's brutal killing of elders of Commenor, it was disturbing and terrible news that had sent a ripple throughout the citizens. There was apparent riots and discussions on where the Commenori government would go next and who would lead them into the new future. Yuroic wandered around the streets of Chasin City, he was wearing a simple shirt and thin jumper with baggy jeans.

There was so much activity going on, Yuroic wasn't sure what he wanted to do this day but he decided to step out of Kashyyyk and doing some exploring. Since his promotion to Master, Yuroic had been focused on training with his Padawans and making sure that they were getting the best that he could offer. Walking around, Yuroic looked around at stores and the gifts that were on sale.

Objective: 1

xwaVi2.png

Asaraa couldn't but help the flame of curiosity that sparked to life when she saw the ex-King draw Master Aquila off to the side, the urge to step closer, to eavesdrop on the pair. It would be so easy to touch the force and extend her senses out, in a roomful of Jedi, how hard could it be to just blend that use of the force into the background. It would be so easy, barely even a thing, the young knight reached out to the force, almost throwing her senses out before she managed to catch herself. It would be easy, and no-one would ever know, but she would and it was wrong. If Veiere had wanted to speak infront of everyone then he would have done that, and who was she to intrude upon someone else's privacy like that?

Instead the girl let the force flow out of her, a careful shaping forcing hte air around her into a megaphone, allowing her voice to reach all corners of hte room although she never spoke louder than a conversational tone. The question Silfe had asked was a good one, and one that Asaraa was sure that many of hte dignitaries in the room were concerned about, she knew that if she were in their shoes she'd be worried about the same. Well no, to be fair, she would probably have been more up in their faces about it, but that was why she wasn't a politician and they were.

"The Silver Jedi would never interfere in a world's government if we don't have to," she let the corner of her lips quirk up in a smile, "at least not without permission." The pink-haired Jedi's hand came up, sweeping out across the room to gesture at the delegates gathered here to meet them. "It's your call, all of you. This is the kind of moment that can make history, and your world looks to you for guidance now. If you wish our aid, you have but to ask and we'll be here for you, to help with the elections, to ensure that they're free of corruption and undue influences. After all, what friend could do less? And if you don't want our help, well then we won't get involved but will always be there should you need our aid." The girl winked at Silfe, "After all, we're the Jedi, we've fought and bled for Commenor before and we will again in a heartbeat. We're here today to extend a hand of friendship and our support, but anything more," the girl span, around to face the room, bowing slightly at the waist to those representatives of the people of commenor present, "is up to you. We're just here to help if you want but only if you want." She straightened and glanced back to Silfe, "I hope that you all do though, Commenor is a special planet, and very special to me. If there's anything we can do, anyway we can help, I'm here for that, that's why we're all here."

COMMENOR: [member="Veiere Arenais"] | [member="Jairdain"] | [member="Silfe Sosuri"] | [member="Shoden Moz"]

SILVER JEDI: [member="Josh DragonsFlame"] | [member="Cassius Droma"] | [member="Aida Aquila"]

☤ Golden Heart, Cold Hands ☤
{ Post: 06 }
{ Location: Mercy Learning Hospital, Chasin City }
{ Equipment: Scrubs, keycard, stethoscope, pager }
{ Objective 2 (modified): Find the administrator > Survive }
{ Tags: [member="Voph"], [member="Seaja Linata"] }
~ ~
Pure shock crossed over the bomber’s features and Voph descended upon him, and he no longer looked the part of someone who would die for his beliefs. The pain brought forth a wheezed answer: “Only two…we were going to broadcast before denotation…The moment of weakness continued as the man instinctively looked upwards to the bomb, a deceivingly small package hidden in a half-pulled back ceiling panel, clearly meant to do enough damage to the hospital to send a message to the already reeling government.

Suddenly, the intercom chirped back on, and a deep male voice spoke, “Security to the cafeteria.”

Sithspit.

After reaching the third floor, Prennis had tried to duck into the mess without attracting the attention of security. Evidently, she had failed. Poor timing. Still, she refused to deviate from her course—there was no other way—but took cover in the lunch crowds and behind the pillars that stood in her way. After a few close calls, she reached the office wing and scanned herself in but was faced with a red LED flash instead of a green one. She glanced around, noticing that a doctor had left his lanyard on a nearby table. The coast was clear and, after snatching up the keycard, let herself into the wing.

She all but ran down the hall to Reshia Lerles’ office at the end. She saw through the big glass windows that the administrator was being held hostage by a tall human man, but she hesitated. What was she doing? She should ge—

At that very moment, Miss Lerles rose her head and gave her employee a frantic look. Leave and Help ​simultaneously. In response, the man turned around and beckoned Prennis into the office with the barrel of his blaster pistol. Once she was in the door, he leveled it at her chest, but nodded for her to join the administrator behind the desk. Reflexively, Prennis put her hands halfway up.

W-wait! Please.” Oh, Force, she seemed so desperate and scared. It wasn’t that she wasn’t either of those things, but in this situation, she didn’t think she should be betraying her emotions. So, she took a breath and continued, “You don’t want to do this.” Why, why, why not? She paused, grasping for the right words, and miraculously found them rather quickly. “The Jedi won’t negotiate with terrorists. And…if you do this, I guarantee you won’t get what you want.” Whatever that was. And it probably wasn’t a bluff, was it?

Maybe it was. She had known more independent Force-users than Ren or Jedi, and the few of either she did she hadn’t known well enough to assume the validity of her statement either way. Still, it appeared to work, until a smirk slowly spread across the man’s face. “Won’t they?” There was palatable challenge in his voice.

Double sithspit.

Objective: Ride out the storm
Equipment: See Signature
Tags: [member="Prennis Keeoli"] [member="Seaja Linata"]

Voph didn't look up at the device, instead simply raising a hand to call it down to him with the Force. Voph turned his head to look at the device, turning it over in his hand. He opened his mouth to speak, but was interrupted by the intercom.

Security to the cafeteria.

Voph instinctively knew that's where the other bomb was located, if not the other hostile. "And just like that, it would seem your usefulness is at an end." Voph stood, releasing his grip on the man's neck. "You'd best pray that your friend is more cooperative than you are." And with that, Voph drove his knee up and into the man's face, delivering a blow with enough force to knock the man out. He turned to Seaja. "Tie him down, and call security." He looked at the device in his hands again, setting it on a nearby container as he delicately began stripping away the casing. Bomb making had certainly changed, but it was an explosive like any other.

Within seconds, Voph had the device safely disabled, careful not to trigger any failsafes. But there was still one left. Voph turned towards the door. "Seaja, get to the roof. Call the Scion, and get out of here. I don't want you in the blast radius on the off chance this goes sideways."

Voph disappeared back up the stairs hurrying to the third floor. As he entered, his movements slowed to a methodical stalking, pausing around corners as he checked for anyone that seemed...out of place. If security had been called, the man was likely already found. But Voph didn't want him to know he was here. He was almost to the cafeteria when he sensed Prenn's presence nearby. In one of the offices. He turned to look, focusing in on the office, and realized the other bomber was here. Voph paused as he realized Prenn was being held at gunpoint, along with another hospital worker.

He didn't know why, but the sight caused his stomach to twist. It made him angry. Voph crept towards the office, calling on the Force to mask his presence. He needed to find the bomb. And this man was his best bet to find it. And he had to save Prenn...

Iovty Karnsor

I
Objective 2: False Flag

The minister had just addressed the crowds with megaphone and Cassus seemed to be standing his ground against the man. Iovty could hear shouts about weapons and violence coming from the crowd. Things were about to take a turn for the worst. Cassus spoke a few words to his apprentice and a little time after the girl apologized after a large commotion in the crowd had occurred. Why she was apologizing Iovty couldn't possibly know and if he was to be honest, he didn't care. The crowd is what's important right now.

"I recommend your troops start breaking up the crowds," says Cassus. Iovty can see where the man is coming from but the situation won't be solved so easily. The crowd is too large. Soldiers walking in and trying to make them disperse is a recipe for disaster.

Iovty turned to the minister and spoke. "I believe your best course of action right now is to handle the situation as is. If violence breaks out we will be here to assist but I agree, any outside assistance will be taken quite badly by the protestors."

After speaking Iovty heres chatter in his comlink. After the speaking finishes he reaches to his ear and speaks. "Thank you Padawan. Things are getting dicey in the front of the palace. Stay where you are and be on guard, I can feel hell about to break loose."

[member="Cassus Demici"] | [member="Stephanie Swail"] | [member="Darlyn Excron"] | [member="The Immortal Turk Togan"]

Objective: 1

Aida's eyes softened just so, and she gave a small nod. “As you wish, Veiere.” Standing quietly, she listened as the former King revealed some of his background. It was encouraging to hear that he had a desire to return to the path of the Jedi, it was a clear purpose. No doubt, this move would certainly help him cope with the tide of change. For her own part, though she knew little of the man, Aida had a feeling that he could accomplish great things as part of the Order.

And she had learned long ago to trust these feelings.

“Of course,” She said, letting the corners of her mouth lift into a smile. “We would be pleased to have you join our number. You will have a place within the Order, to continue to grow and work towards the greater good.” Indeed, helping others was often a great way to help ones self... especially during times of difficulty.

“In fact, we can make it official now.” Aida stepped away for a moment, and returned with a silken cloth neatly folded upon her open palms. Atop that, a dagger. “For you, on behalf of the Order. Please use it well.” There were now several folded cloaks available for the members of Commenor's noble houses as well, a gift from the Silver Jedi.

The temple on Kashyyyk was a safe place, it would welcome Veiere and his family.

“Your children are also welcome at Silver Rest, regardless of whether or not they choose to join. Please have them visit, if they wish.”

Aida turned slightly, to view the rest of the group, still engaged in discussion. It was a nice sight, the members of the Order working alongside the planet's nobility to right things here. Aida, for one, was sure that balance would return to Commenor. But, it would likely take time. The work of the Commenori was only beginning.

[COMMENOR: [member="Veiere Arenais"], [member="Loreena Arenais"], [member="Jairdain"], [member="Silfe Sosuri"], [member="Shoden Moz"]]
[SJO: [member="Josh DragonsFlame"], [member="Asaraa Vaashe"], [member="Cassius Droma"]]

Objective One: A Common Goal.

[COMMENOR: [member="Jairdain"], [member="Silfe Sosuri"], [member="Darlyn Excron"] ([member="Shoden Moz"])]
[SJO: [member="Josh DragonsFlame"], [member="Asaraa Vaashe"], [member="Cassius Droma"], [member="Aida Aquila"]]

Er6tw3E.png
The last thing Veiere had expected was to be receiving gifts on top of his gracious acceptance into the Silver Jedi Order being decided upon in such a welcome manner, [member="Aida Aquila"] had truly humbled him to be looked upon without reservation. He hadn't always gotten along with certain members of their Order, however that was a part of life and something you'd find in all manner of peoples, and Veiere had put the past behind him since. Life was too short to hold grudges, besides the fact that it wasn't the Jedi way. There were also other incidents that far outweighed those sorts of concerns.

"Thank you, Master" He said with a appreciative tone and a warm smile, "This means a lot to me, and I'll do my best by the Silver Jedi" he added. It had been a long time desire of his to return to the Order and some structured semblance of Jedi life within a Temple of Learning once more. His Children didn't understand the appeal that their Father found in the lifestyle, however it was how Veiere was raised as a boy and the Jedi were like a large extended family beyond his immediate relations like [member=Caedyn Arenais] and [member="Loreena Arenais"].

The Dagger was an interesting choice from the Order, though there were more ways to make use of it than the obvious, and so he buried the sheathed blade for the time being beneath the leather strap of his belt and soon lifted the Silver Mantle high, the heavy cloth coming undone from it's tidy folding so that Veiere might look upon it before wrapping it around his shoulders to see how it felt. Worn atop his Silver Jedi Apparel, it would complete the set. Things were slowly falling into motion and a sense of direction was slowly returning to his livelihood.

Commenor would survive without the Royal Family, [member="Darlyn Excron"] would see to that alongside the remaining House of Lords and eventually, those who would be brought on to help with the strengthening of Government. For Veiere Arenais, being released of the politics was a blessing, despite the way in which it had happened. [member="Kay Arenais"] had found herself imprisoned and somehow Veiere and the Children would have to learn how to live with the fact, or otherwise hope that something changed and a miracle find its way to Kay's release. As a member of the Order, he couldn't work against the law to free her, however he had the credits to encourage the best treatment the Warden of Purgatory was willing to accept. As of today, his hopes and goals for Commenor had been put into play and there was nothing left for Veiere to do but accept his end of station and prepare his things for the move to Kashyyyk. Chateau La Arenais would always remain the residence of House Arenais, and he would return to it often to check in on the Children unless they chose to stay within the Silver Rest.

When the representatives of the Silver Jedi Order would return home, Veiere would depart Commenor with them.

This concludes Veiere's part in the Dominion. Thank you everyone for a wonderful thread and a heart-felt end to a three year arc for [member="Kay Arenais"] and Myself <3

{ Post: 07 }
{ Objective 2 (modified): Survive }
{ Tag: [member="Voph"] }
~ ~
It happened in holovids all the time—villains monologuing about their masterplans. Would this man be that unwise? Maybe, maybe not. There was only one way to find out and it was worth a try.

Prennis lowered her hands. Behind her back, the administrator took a hold of one of her hands. “They won’t,” she said, trying her best to sound convinced of that herself. “We all know they’re here to rebrand the government—

She wasn’t entirely sure what she was saying, where she was going, so she breathed a mental sigh of relief when the man cut her off. “Rebrand the government?” he echoed before laughing and flourishing his pistol. “How? Yeah, why don’t we bring in the Jedi to do it? They’re not biased at all.” Miss Lerles gave the side of Prenn’s face another worried look, but the nurse refused to show weakness and glance back. “Don’t you think Commenor belongs to the Sith again if that shutta of a queen murdered them to begin with?” Prenn couldn’t help raising a brow. Did that mean…?

She didn’t have time to think as the rant continued. “We’re going to broadcast to the palace. And then blow up this whole hospital. Still think that won’t get those pacifists’ attention?” Another sickening smile, but Prennis didn’t see it; she instinctively glanced down the hall in the direction of the radio room.

Commenor
Undisclosed Location
w/ the Hutt Cartel

Hutt-Divider.png
"Great, ship them up to Bastion, thanks." Umedara gave the 'merchant' his credits, "and it looks like things are going quite well."

Admittedly she was skeptical about this new model of slave market, but it turns out it was working great. She even found that there were both slaves and indentured servants. The latter of which could at least buy their way out of this, the former? Not so much. As chaos had come to Commenor time and time again, from one scandal to the next it seemed. It seemed to be the perfect breeding ground for this market, the next step was to try this out on a more civilized world such as Galidraan or Bakura. Perhaps even somewhere else within the Silver Jedi Order. After all what was more thrilling than to sell people right under the nose of the pesky Jedi. Or, genocidial depending on the day Umedara supposed.

"Time to report back to the big boss," she remarked to her companion, "but before we do, let's say you and I see if we can't install another one of our favorite rackets here."

A quirked brow met her gaze.

"The fun kind of course, so many nobles, so many needs - come along darling. Commenor is ripe for the criminal picking."

And so it was, the Hutt Cartel would grasp the once crown jewel of neutrality. Testing new and innovative ways in which to racket and profit from such, whether that was disgusing their slave markets as restaurants. Or, seeing to a new type of Hotel that could cater to more intimiate needs of the people. A report from Umedara "Sweet" Zaar would be enough for Sotta the Hutt to consider Commenor under his influence.

Tags: [member="Prennis Keeoli"]

Voph listened quietly as he crept towards the office. Through the Force he was able to hear what the man was saying, muted as it was through the glass panes. Voph saw his back was turned, and took the risk to alert Prenn to his plan. His cloak was abandoned for the briefest moment, and Voph became fully visible to the two nurses for the briefest moment. He smiled, and drew his lightsaber, not yet igniting the blade. He crouched, looking over towards the radio room that Prenn had been looking at when he approached. That's where he would strike.

"Where there be flame, moths shall always draw."

Voph moved his left hand, miming pulling a cloak around himself, and his image began to shift before fading from view, leaving only a faint shimmer that even the trained eye would struggle to detect. His voice, already a deep, crisp imperial accent, echoed around the hall, amplified by the Force. He stepped back, staying low and moving towards the radio room. The door opened, and shut behind him as he disappeared inside. He stepped back, casting his gaze around for the bomb, trying to see if he could spot it amid the radio equipment.

"You will not gain the attention of the Jedi, little one... No, you have dared to provoke the ire of those born of agony."

Voph turned to face the door, lightsaber held at the ready. The trap was set. Now all the man had to do was spring it. Voph began thinking how he was going to take him down. Surely he wouldn't be foolish enough to come in alone. Not with two hostages. Voph's stomach turned again, at the idea of facing down a man holding a gun to--

Focus.

Voph growled lowly. One last time he projected his voice to just behind the door, loud enough for the man to hear: "You have set your path, little one. I only pray you are prepared to face the void beyond..."

Iovty Karnsor said:
Objective 2: False Flag

The minister had just addressed the crowds with megaphone and Cassus seemed to be standing his ground against the man. Iovty could hear shouts about weapons and violence coming from the crowd. Things were about to take a turn for the worst. Cassus spoke a few words to his apprentice and a little time after the girl apologized after a large commotion in the crowd had occurred. Why she was apologizing Iovty couldn't possibly know and if he was to be honest, he didn't care. The crowd is what's important right now.

"I recommend your troops start breaking up the crowds," says Cassus. Iovty can see where the man is coming from but the situation won't be solved so easily. The crowd is too large. Soldiers walking in and trying to make them disperse is a recipe for disaster.

Iovty turned to the minister and spoke. "I believe your best course of action right now is to handle the situation as is. If violence breaks out we will be here to assist but I agree, any outside assistance will be taken quite badly by the protestors."

After speaking Iovty heres chatter in his comlink. After the speaking finishes he reaches to his ear and speaks. "Thank you Padawan. Things are getting dicey in the front of the palace. Stay where you are and be on guard, I can feel hell about to break loose."

[member="Cassus Demici"] | [member="Stephanie Swail"] | [member="Darlyn Excron"] | [member="The Immortal Turk Togan"]

Darlyn Excron said:
Cjd78GX.png

• Primary Objective: 2, Oversee lawful protests.
  • Secondary Objective: 1, Remain on call for Government proceedings
  • Equipment: Police uniform, Family Blaster, stun stick, lightsabers

"Glad to see reason! Now we've had one incident near Mercy Learning hospital I've sent in the riot control for, which means they aren't as available if rioting breaks out by the shopping centers. Rioters tend to break storefronts for some reason, and I was hoping to nip that in the bud before it gets out of hand. Most of the angry protesters seem to be around, or headed, here. We have a path we're trying to keep clear for emergency vehicles in the event this goes south." Darlyn was about to continue, when he picked out a conversation amidst the crowd. Not so much the details, the volume of the mass of voices made that difficult, but after that had become essentially idle noise any conversation was able to be heard, being far different in pitch than the cacophony of voices. That said, he couldn't quite readily pick out the words, outside of 'Stupid Jedi'. Perhaps someone had overheard the conversation he was having with the two by him.

However as he decided to ignore it for now to continue the discussion, other words picked out quickly, as the murmuring of voices began steadily replacing a sizable chunk of the insults and protesting. Assassins, Disrupters, Jedi. Well, that wasn't the best thing for the Minister's stress levels, to say the least, and he couldn't even try to hide the flaring dark annoyance in his chest. That being said, he outwardly kept calm, forcing a grin. "Unfortunately I'm not sure how much more can be done. Public unrest is rather severe, and naturally outside help is going to come across poorly. If you three will excuse me a second."

With that, the Minister moved to one officer, calmly taking a megaphone he had been carrying in case they had to announce the crowd needed to disperse. He made sure the thing was powered on and decided to address the crowd just after one was so bold as to shout 'They're going to take care of you!' with bloody officers of the law within earshot. Though perhaps that was a warning rather than a threat, in any case he had to address them directly.

"Right, I'm going to give just this one warning for you to deal with as you wish. In case you've been living under a rock, you might remember I'm not the most tolerant when it comes to violent crimes, especially if it's murder or attempted murder. So unless you meant you plan to invite them over for tea and watching sporting events, I would urge you to rethink whatever it is you're going to do to 'take care' of them. Commenor is better than devolving to such pointless violence. You're better than that. So for both of us can we behave for a while? Considering the stones you're throwing I ought to send you all home already, but I know what needing to vent is like. But if I see one blaster, grenade, or anything of the sort raised, I will take it very seriously. The Jedi here are just to help me keep you all safe, don't make this into a worse issue than it is." He tossed the megaphone to the original officer, and walked back to Iovty.

"Things may get violent, it looks like. No killing, if it comes to it, and do your best to avoid collateral. They're venting and it's hard to stop once you get started, especially with crowd mentality."

:|: [member="The Immortal Turk Togan"] :|: [member="Cassus Demici"] :|: [member="Iovty Karnsor"]
Out from the crowd, a small group of about six would disperse from the rest of the crowd in a rush, running full tilt and chattering amongst themselves. Ranging from medium to small in stature, their race was unknown though it could range from anything from Jawas to shorter Chiss. If one were sharp enough, they might pick out the figure of weapons hanging from their arms. Blasters, most likely, of different shapes and sizes. With the speed that they were heading off, it was likely they were in some sort of big hurry. As for their destination?

Their destination appeared to be toward one of the sides of the palace. The moment they were out of sight of the guards, they would pull out rope and throw it up, as some of the group began to go for a window... Others would make a break for it, indicating they had some other plan in mind.

Cjd78GX.png

• Primary Objective: 2, Oversee lawful protests.
  • Secondary Objective: 1, Remain on call for Government proceedings
  • Equipment: Police uniform, Family Blaster, stun stick, lightsabers
A normal human might have missed it easily, between talking to Cassus and Ivoty. The six that split off were quick, relatively quiet all things considered. With a protest still in full effect any normal human would have easily been able to miss them. Most of the officers were in fact focused on the crowd, with almost a sense of relief when some split off. Maybe a few were concerned, but with the potential risk at hand, well, lesser of evils. A normal human.

A normal human, Darlyn was not.

For one, he, and the Jedi no doubt, were attuned to the Force. They would be able to sense the life moving away, towards the side of the palace. Compounding this, Darlyn was a Master, and attuned to the Dark side. He could sense the malicious intent easily, more readily. Eagerly, as much as he wouldn't admit it. A bit eager he was, to put down the more dangerous, potentially violent risk. His right hand drifted down to the lightsaber on his hip, perhaps a little hard to see on the belt of various police gadgets. The thing of spare parts, it felt cool to the touch, different from the sparks generating between the tips of his left hand fingers.

"Would you mind accompanying me, gentlemen? An Officer always needs some backup."

He motioned them to follow, as he went along behind the signatures racing to the side of the building. He'd only arrive after they split, leaving them with some time perhaps to attempt their goals. The Jedi ought to be able to handle it just fine indeed. Darlyn grinned on the inside a bit, steadily walking a bit closer to the ones trying to get a hook to the windows high above.

Their quiet would be broken by the unmistakable crackling of lightning, as the blue-purple arcs of electricity seemed to be eagerly coiling around Darlyn's left hand. "Now now, we have two ways to handle this. Either surrender, be arrested, and spend the night in jail peacefully, or make trouble. I would suggest the latter friends, because I have no problem taking you there by force. You all ought to know this, I'm assuming you're citizens like me after all. Now then, are we going to behave?"

[member="The Immortal Turk Togan"] :|: [member="Cassus Demici"] :|: [member="Iovty Karnsor"]

{ Post: 08 }
~ ~
Prennis’ gaze caught onto the figure of Voph, but she forced it to flick away before the gunman suspected anything. But she still saw him disappear out of the corner of her eye and, though she couldn’t see, assumed he moved away, for he didn’t enter the room.

The disembodied voice spoke and the other woman yelped and crouched down. Prennis knelt also and whispered a short but urgent comfort before pulling her back up to stand. As they both did, the man took a hold of Prenn’s bunned hair and shoved her out into the hallway. “Ahh, ah, okay!” she exclaimed, putting up her hands after regaining her balance.

Voph? she thought. That had to be who that was, didn’t it? If it was, he was saying exactly what she imagined that the terrorist wanted to hear, though she wasn’t sure if he assumed the speaking was in his head or not. At least, he acted as if the women couldn’t hear it.

Open the door,” the man barked as the trio neared the closed radio room doors. “Slowly,” he added as Prennis reached her hand out for the door handle. She did so, feeling for Miss Lerles’ hand with her other. She closed her eyes as she walked in, leading the admin before the man, hoping that she was ready for whatever was about to happen.

Her doctor’s reaction time was honed, but would it serve her well during a blaster-and-lightsaber fight?

Voph stood tall as the trio entered, hands folded at the small of his back. His hood pooled about his shoulders, leaving his scarred face visible for all to see. A loose strand of white hairs fell past where his left eye might have been, if he had one. Voph watched Prenn reach out to take the other woman's hand, and he nodded quietly. His blind gaze fell to the terrorist behind them. Once again, he'd have to be careful. Even as he felt the anger flare within him, he knew that if he killed the man, they may find out the hard way that he had a dead man's trigger.

The terrorist couldn't see it, but clasped in his hands was Voph's blade. In a small room such as this, he'd have to find an alternative, or risk harming the women. Voph's head raised, giving the impression that he was looking down his nose at the person before him. He was...calm. Collected. Not an ounce of fear written anywhere on his person. Whatever person Prenn might have met those few months ago at the bar, he was gone. Instead, before them stood a warrior. A general. A man who had faced down countless armies, and endless fleets. One terrorist, even one armed with a bomb was no concern nor threat to him.

"Let the women go. Your quarrel is not with them. It is with me." Voph's head tilted. "You have our attention. What have you to say? What message is it, that you are so eager to die for?"

Objective 2
Nearby: [member="Veiere Arenais"] - [member="Aida Aquila"] - [member="Asaraa Vaashe"] - [member="Jairdain"] - [member="Cassius Droma"] - [member="Darlyn Excron"]

Outside the Palace

The group that had been climbing the castle walls would stop when the lightning could be heard and it was made clear they either climbed down or they would probably be fried. The commands by the man below made them stare down at him, then toward each other, and then to the man again, and then to the other. And then they began to climb down without a word. There was still another two that were climbing from the other side, but these two at least seemed to know when they were beaten. When they would climb down, they would approach [member="Darlyn Excron"] and lower their heads.

"We're sorry..."

They would pull off their hoods in turn...

Inside the Palace

Negotiations of placing Commenor under the protection of the Silver Jedi Order had begun to wrap up. Affairs were finalized, and in front of the delegates and those that had been allowed to spectate, a new era would hopefully be in store for Commenor and it's people. As the final terms were set down, though, a voice rang out from the rafters.

"FIRE ON THE EVIL JEDI!"

A cloaked figure would aim their blaster from the rafters above the room and fire toward the Jedi that seemed the most important by the holovid screenings - Josh Dragonsflame. The Jedi would hold up an arm, hoping the Magnus Armor would protect him, but to his surprise he would be...

... Doused in water?

He took a sniff. It wasn't gas or oil either. It was just... Regular old water.

And that was the moment he realized they were dealing with kids.

"RELEASE THE GRENADES!"

The kids would throw these "grenades" down below as well, continuing to assail the Jedi Master as said grenades turned out to be water balloons that splattered as they hit his head and body.

A small smile would cross his lips then, as he would hold his chest and cry out dramatically.

"OH NO! MY WEAKNESS, OH GOODNESS, HOW DID THEY KNOW? THE WATER IS KILLING ME, AHHHHH! OH THE PAIN, OH NO, THE PAIN! I'M DYING! OH, YOU GOT ME! IT'S GOING DARK! IT'S GOING DARK! I'VE BEEN DEFEATED!"

The Jedi would over-dramatically fall from his chair and hit the floor, swooning and acting as though he might faint at any moment.

"HE'S HIT! RUN FOR IT!"

As the kids scrambled, the Jedi Master would repress a laugh, promptly "dying" on the floor until he could no longer sense the energy of the kids who had likely begun to climb down to join their companions. Once they did, he would begin to let out a jolly laugh as he would sit up. Josh was a father of a young child himself, whatever imagination had spurred these kids to do this, he couldn't help but play along. It was the best way to handle the situation, he had decided. They hadn't done him any harm, just gotten him a little wet.

The Jedi would continue to chuckle to himself, just finding the whole thing completely, utterly amusing. His spirits had been completely lifted compared to when he had first arrived on Commenor, and the big, wide grin that had crossed his face exemplified that.

"Those attackers might have just made this my favorite diplomatic meeting of all time."

{ Post: 09 }
~ ~​
She didn’t know Voph was a Jedi. A Force-user, of course, but—

Oh, was this a game? It’d make good sense for the situation, but Prenn made a mental note, somewhere unconscious and far off in the back of her mind to ask Voph about it later…if there was a later for her. She suddenly realized that she knew very little about the miralukan, though she was still very much rooted in the present danger.

Go,” the man ordered behind the nurse curtly, nudging her between the shoulder blades with the barrel of his pistol. The force of it was unnecessarily harsh, authoritative, and indifferent, not that Prennis had time to complain. Instead, she gripped Miss Lerles’ hand tighter and rushed away from their current position before turning back around when as what she determined a safe enough distance and shoving the hospital administrator behind her.

Prenn narrowed her eyes as she listened on. “Why are your kind here, Jedi?” the cell leader asked rhetorically. “Before their unjust murder,” he spat the words, “this planet belonged to the Sith. You know that by now.” Not even a question, a dialogue. If his rapidly-shifting lexis and intonation was any indication, this was about to get violent. Prennis glanced at the back of Voph’s head before stepping herself and the scared togruta back.

Leave. All of you.

Voph outstretched his left hand as Prennis and the other nurse drew near, stepping to the side to shield them as the pistol now leveled on him. His right hand was still held behind his back, still gripping the lightsaber that Prennis could clearly see from her position behind Voph. "Yes. It did. And before the Sith, Commenor was free. Before that, it was a Republic world. On, and on, and on." Voph continued to hold his left arm aloft, almost as a gesture that he would not allow harm to come to the women behind him. His head cocked to the side. "The people have spoken. The Sith are not welcome on Commenor any longer."

Voph's arm moved, and his lightsaber was revealed to the man as the purple blade flashed to life, and moved to point directly at the man. A challenge. "Too long have I been bound by their shackles. Too long have I been tormented in their endless darkness. Too long have I listened to the wails of those punished for others misdeeds. Do not lecture me of the injustice of the Jedi while you speak for the Sith."

And with that, the time for words ended. Voph moved, prompting the man across from him to fire. And in a flash it was over. The man lay on the floor, hand singed from the blaster bolt Voph had deflected back to it, the blaster itself laying in the corner. Voph stood over him, boot on the man's wrist as his blade pointed at his throat. "I won't kill you. It would be too easy. But I can still make you bleed. Tell me where the second bomb is."

Marina DeVoe

Not a flight attendant... just a risk.
Objective: BYOO regarding the refugee children of Commoner Marina had evacuated off Commenor during the sith occupation to Alderaan. Children still in foster homes on Alderaan. Need locate children's families on Commenor.
Assets: Mariner IV , TK-1213
Current location: On Commenor
Tagging: Elaine Thul (Will try to exit out of story as last reply from Elaine was March 20)

Perhaps it weren't the time.

The two Houses had been in conflict for so many centuries that whatever discord existed generations ago, always seemed to carry itself down through to the next generation.

Marina had tried several avenues in contacting her friend Cessy. A name Queen Arenais had used when they first met to keep herself anonymous. The Queen of Commenor had just wanted some time to herself and had booked a day trip with marina who at the time had some business on the system. Marina and the queen, whom she came to always know as Cessy became friends after a shared adventure.
Cessy, or rather Kay Arenais was the only person on Commenor that marina was willing to entrust the children she had evacuated off Commenor when the conflict with the sith erupted.

But as the months were succeeded by more months, it had become difficult to even get a bearing on her friend Cessy's well being. There were so many conflicting reports, false news and sith propaganda streaming through the galaxy that it left Marina with no other recourse but to try and contact Cessy for the sake of the children. Marina could trust no other said Commoner representative.

Now here she were in the presence of one of the descendants from House Thul, honestly begging for help.
Only at this time, the young Thul seemed to have her own hands full to give her full attention and commit resources to help out Marina at this time.

"I...I understand.." Marina nodded, her heart weighing heavily as she had come so far and still could not get in contact with Kay.

"The children are safe and quite happy in loving foster homes on Alderaan. I will find other means, if they ever present themselves in contacting Queen Kay Arenais." She finally replied.

Yes, Cessy was always queen to marina, as she herself could not know if those rumors or reports were true or not about Kay. Marina was not one to jump on a bandwagon on hearsay or from questionable sources..especially when the sith were involved.

"Lady Thul.... I wish for one day that we may find a more suitable circumstance for us to speak again. I have never given up hope that our two families could set aside the conflict between the Royal House of Organa and that of Thul.
I wish it that one day we can speak as friends, you and I." Marina gave her a slight nod and then turned to leave.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom