Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Thing Or Two In Common (SJO Dominion of Commenor Hex)

Objective: Byoo
Assets: a full blown army, getting ready for war
Tag: [member="Marina DeVoe"]

She checking over the plans, and where the New Republic wanted her. She figuring out where she was going to put her artillery batteries, she was up to her eyeballs in it, to be blunt. The CIS where not known for their, nicisty towards civilians. She was going to help protect a city, and that required a lot of effort. She did hope they had places to hide civilians, otherwise this was going to be chaos. Though she was bringing extra carbines, to handed out if anyone wanted to help defend the city. She had changed a lot since she left alderaan, she was now much more capable commander. As she planning one of her housecarls came to her, My lady, theres is an Alderaan noble woman outside, asking for the commander. Her face scrunched up, why now, I am really busy, she thought to herself. She then replied, I guess I will have to see her, as no one from Alderaan will knock on my door without good reason. Show her in, take her to east wing, and bring me a pot tea, and some biscuits. Oh and ask [member="Captain August "]to check over my battle plans, see if he can suggest anything. She was not happy to see her, but she will see her. She was not really dressed for this, as she was not expecting visitors. So she was just in a white dress, and flat shoes. I bet she tell everyone how she was not wearing any makeup, she thought to herself, well guess what I am trying to save the republic again.

She got to east wing meeting point, the lady will be taken here by two of her housecarls. They would not be in power armour, just dress uniform, with blaster pistols. As she comes in through the gates, she see soliders doing bayonet drills, target practicing, as well as doing laps. Though not to many, as never good thing to do, before combat. The ships would be taking them all off world soon enough, and then who knows how many will make it back.

Klesta

The King of Ergonomic Assessments
Objective: BYOO (perform ergonomic assessments)

Now that the first part of the assessment was over, he could then take a closer look at the individual work stations, and, of course, the ex-senator that is now a senior partner at that law firm had first dibs on these assessments. It was, in fact, a corner office, which, in a big-law context, typically meant senior status among the firm. The lawyer in question, a fat Gand, wanted to see for himself what would the assessment yield for him. The Jawa carefully inspected the furniture, for instance, whether it was aligned or out-of-alignment, and also moving to see if the equipment was carefully positioned. Now, the problem is not with the type of desk he was using, the corner office usually used a corner workstation as well, especially when one was doing discovery and other stuff of this nature that was relevant in a litigation context. He was also busy making adjustments, that took the lawyer's morphology into account, so as to ensure that all the equipment was placed in a way that was healthy for the person using it on a day-to-day basis. Well, to the extent that he wasn't out of the office to do client development or to plead a case in court.

"Utinni! Your furniture is out of alignment!" Klesta screeched, upon finishing those adjustments.

"Out of alignment? That's the reason why I even wanted your services for my office!"

Marina DeVoe

Not a flight attendant... just a risk.
Objective: BYOO regarding the refugee children of Commoner Marina had evacuated off Commenor during the sith occupation to Alderaan. Children still in foster homes on Alderaan. Need locate children's families on Commenor.
Assets: Mariner IV , TK-1213
Current location: On Commenor
Tagging: Elaine Thul(also any of Marina's friends, if they should run into her)

De-de beep de... Her droid happily chirped they hadn't met with any fireworks when the landing struts took to the weight of their ship. They had landed without incident, despite that on approach many of the anti-aircraft guns had pinpoint ranged them in. Marina could see that on her ship's HUD.

"Whew..." She sighed a relief. It were never an easy task of late coming to this system, not for two years now. Marina could remember a time when landing on Commenor weren't so dauntfull. But ever since the Amber incident, what followed were the sith in horde, just like they had once attacked her beloved Alderaan. Only that for whatever reason, and there usually were no reasons the sith would attack that made any sense really, that they actually stayed and occupied this system. And then systematically went about to dismantle the hopes and dreams of its population to near hopelessness and despair. Since then, even after the majority of the sith in force withdrew, they still left a daunting presence and influence on the system. Commoner never returned to its former serenity.

It were that very reason that the Commenori school children which Marina had evacuated had not been returned to their homes and families...had not returned to Commenor. There seemed to be no one searching, nor contacting Alderaan for the little angels lost. Only that they were not lost but had been swept up with loving arms by many Alderaani families that took on the refugee children and loved them as their own.

But the children had family on Commenor and they had to be found. If the gods were merciful, the children's families and members could be reunited with them and then they would know that the children had survived and were in loving foster homes. Foster homes that wished to adopt the children. But these families knew that it were only right that the children's families should be found and know that their little angels were safe and cared for with loving Alderaani families...

Be be beep... Her droid made ready to disembark with Marina.

"No, no Tk. You remain here.
I'll try and get somewhere with this group as to how to contact Cessy (Lady [member="Kay Arenais"] ). I don't think it'll take long. Either they'll direct us to her, or they don't know her whereabouts either." She said passing the droid and heading to the ramp which was extending down.

"Hello..." She said, meeting a few uniformed personnel as she stepped off the ramp.

"Yes... I'm Marina DeVoe. I've come alone, say for my mech droid. But no, no other passengers aboard. You can inspect it if you wish..."She had nothing to hide.
"Understand that, TK?..." Marina shouted up the ramp to her droid.
Beep-beep...

She were no smuggler and her ship carried no weapons..only one little package attached to the aft of her vessel that she had left Commoner with. She had been given two when she left made a run with the children to escape the sith here on Commenor. One she had used to sever the tractor beam which had gotten a hold on the ship she had piloted. She had only used one and had attached the second seismic detonator to her own ship the Mariner IV, just in case she had to use it to sever another tractor beam. It were her only defensive ordinance. Her ship never carried offensive weaponry, as she were a true pacifist.

"Yes, I wish to have a moment of your commander's time if that is at all possible? I can wait if need be." Of course she could, as to where else were she to go if this was a dead end?

She were asked to accompany one of the officers as the other to remained by her ship. Marina followed, only momentarily looking back to see if they were going to take her up on the invite to inspect the ship.

Following the officer for quite a few paces they came to what she could only construe as the command center of sort and allowed to enter.
Before her came a young woman whom Marina had never met or had any recollections of ever spotting in her circles.

"Hello...my name is Marina DeVoe..." She began. " ...I've been kindly directed here to speak with a personnel in charge as to the possibility of a message getting delivered to Queen [member="Kay Arenais"]?" Yes, in her eyes, Cessy was and would always be rightful queen of Commenor. The so called rumors that had been most likely spread by the sith were nothing more than a rouse to completely undermine the system to its rightful monarchy. Any and all such rumors against Cessy were nothing more than sith propaganda to Marina and to Alderaan.

"I am here on behalf of the Royal House of Organa, regarding the matter by which I need to contact the Queen of Commenor." She then said, hoping that it would lay the grounds to having the woman before her, trust her.

[member="Elaine Thul"]

OBJ 1
Stop the Dissenters

Outside the Palace was bit of a different story than inside the perimeter.

It was here the members of Besh Company had taken up refuge in the tallest building they could find to give them tactical advantage. The Silvers had a few agents on the ground, and her own Rangers were mixed in with the populace wearing plain clothes. So when a threat of grenades and Disruptor rifles was passed over the comms, they were all over it.

She snatched up the headset and jammed it on, looking through a spotter scope over a block into the Palace.

"Confirm Last?"

"Three weapons sighted, and reports that the Hospital may be under siege."

"Make and Model?"

"Disruptors, and I saw a grenade."

"Ok apprehend them, but quiet like. I'll split off a squad to reinforce the Hospital."

"Roger that Ma'am."

She set down the spotter scope on the ledge and reached down, flicking her DL-44 from safe to fire, and then stun setting.

Then she glanced sideways at her Lt.

"LT. Verin, take Squads one and two to the Hospital, provide whatever cover they need. No lethal arms unless they open up on you first."

"Yes Ma'am."

She crouched down and tore open a ration bar, passing half of the tasteless block to the Sniper on her left.

"This is gonna be another Medical Mission by the end of today. I can feel it."

"You a Jedi now Cap?" He jested.

"Naw nothing that special. But I've seen this before. Remember those riots from that Coruscant First Radical group, couple years back?"

"Yep. Bunch of radical loonies."

"I was there for em. Only took a shot to send the crowd into a frenzy. Jedi Council is sitting on a fething powder keg down there. Question is who lights the fuse first, the dissenters, or us by accident."

She heard a safety audibly click from above and glanced up with her piercing brown orbs.

"That was you putting the weapon on Fire?"

"Naw Safety. Safety first Cap. Riot ain't gonna have my name on it."

"Hmmph." She snorted, ripping off a chunk of the bar.

"Just keep them eyes open."

Cjd78GX.png

• Primary Objective: 2, Oversee lawful protests.
  • Secondary Objective: 1, Remain on call for Government proceedings
  • Equipment: Police uniform, Family Blaster, stun stick, lightsabers

"Glad to see reason! Now we've had one incident near Mercy Learning hospital I've sent in the riot control for, which means they aren't as available if rioting breaks out by the shopping centers. Rioters tend to break storefronts for some reason, and I was hoping to nip that in the bud before it gets out of hand. Most of the angry protesters seem to be around, or headed, here. We have a path we're trying to keep clear for emergency vehicles in the event this goes south." Darlyn was about to continue, when he picked out a conversation amidst the crowd. Not so much the details, the volume of the mass of voices made that difficult, but after that had become essentially idle noise any conversation was able to be heard, being far different in pitch than the cacophony of voices. That said, he couldn't quite readily pick out the words, outside of 'Stupid Jedi'. Perhaps someone had overheard the conversation he was having with the two by him.

However as he decided to ignore it for now to continue the discussion, other words picked out quickly, as the murmuring of voices began steadily replacing a sizable chunk of the insults and protesting. Assassins, Disrupters, Jedi. Well, that wasn't the best thing for the Minister's stress levels, to say the least, and he couldn't even try to hide the flaring dark annoyance in his chest. That being said, he outwardly kept calm, forcing a grin. "Unfortunately I'm not sure how much more can be done. Public unrest is rather severe, and naturally outside help is going to come across poorly. If you three will excuse me a second."

With that, the Minister moved to one officer, calmly taking a megaphone he had been carrying in case they had to announce the crowd needed to disperse. He made sure the thing was powered on and decided to address the crowd just after one was so bold as to shout 'They're going to take care of you!' with bloody officers of the law within earshot. Though perhaps that was a warning rather than a threat, in any case he had to address them directly.

"Right, I'm going to give just this one warning for you to deal with as you wish. In case you've been living under a rock, you might remember I'm not the most tolerant when it comes to violent crimes, especially if it's murder or attempted murder. So unless you meant you plan to invite them over for tea and watching sporting events, I would urge you to rethink whatever it is you're going to do to 'take care' of them. Commenor is better than devolving to such pointless violence. You're better than that. So for both of us can we behave for a while? Considering the stones you're throwing I ought to send you all home already, but I know what needing to vent is like. But if I see one blaster, grenade, or anything of the sort raised, I will take it very seriously. The Jedi here are just to help me keep you all safe, don't make this into a worse issue than it is." He tossed the megaphone to the original officer, and walked back to Iovty.

"Things may get violent, it looks like. No killing, if it comes to it, and do your best to avoid collateral. They're venting and it's hard to stop once you get started, especially with crowd mentality."

:|: [member="The Immortal Turk Togan"] :|: [member="Cassus Demici"] :|: [member="Iovty Karnsor"]

Shoden Moz

Lady Mischief of Nordel
Cjd78GX.png

• Primary Objective: 1, Handle Political Situation
  • Secondary Objective: BYOO, Make sure Dad doesn't get kicked out
  • Equipment: Pink Old Republic Jedi Robes, Family Blaster, Force pike

Shoden noticed Cassius's expression of annoyance for a brief moment, and completely misinterpreted it. Or, alternatively, thought it would be funny to do so, though more likely the latter. "Oh, my mistake. Did you want one Mr. Jedi?" She was clearly directing it towards Cassius, but others spoke before she could physically offer one. The young woman sat back as others had their say, her gloved right hand tracing over the obvious stump of her left wrist, letting everyone who wished say their piece. Of note was Veiere, her uncle was always quite thorough, leaving no real room for her to add much.

Not that it was a bad thing, that let her think clearly.

Of course her attention on head of state wasn't the end point of what had to be changed, but it was the visible part. Whatever they did behind the president, as she was choosing to call the position, could be more easily decided if there was someone the people could look to for guidance. A face, really.

"Ministers Excron and Skirae can handle Commenor's situation alongside the House's current remnants. If I recall much of the old system still exists from before the monarchy, meaning we are many steps ahead of schedule. Truth be told, save for determining the positions of the House and determining a new system regarding the President, there is little to do. To which, I would have a suggestion."

She was speaking louder now, making sure she was heard without sounding angry, upset, or otherwise being rude. Following another puff away from the group to calm her nerves, she spoke clearly as she could. "The old president would be voted by the people, and confirmed by the Elders. At least according to the crash course I was given by my, personal aide. Why not then have the House act as an elected version of the Elders? The people elect the members of the House to represent their country, we hold a public vote for the head of state, and the House meets to confirm this vote? Naturally we can work to refine the details, but this would let us recover the system we had before a monarchy was formed."

[member="Aida Aquila"] :|: [member="Jairdain"] :|: [member="Veiere Arenais"] :|: [member="Josh DragonsFlame"] :|: [member="Silfe Sosuri"] :|: [member="Asaraa Vaashe"] :|: [member="Cassius Droma"]

☤ Golden Heart, Cold Hands ☤
{ Post: 04 }
{ Location: Mercy Learning Hospital, Chasin City }
{ Equipment: Scrubs, keycard, stethoscope, pager }
{ Objective 2 (modified): Follow the ‘nurse’ > Return to the ICU }
{ Tags: [member="Voph"], [member="Seaja Linata"] }
~ ~
Walking behind the women and men gathered around the station, Prennis peeked over their shoulders to peer at the nurse locator screen. Sure enough, there she apparently was; she couldn’t make out the individual blip that was ‘her’ among the red sea of others, but she did make out her name on the associated list. As he moved out of the ER, he would be easy to locate.

Stepping back in order to both move out of the way and gain a better view of her pretender, she realized he was headed to a door. Now, what did that corridor lead to? Again, she squinted, trying to remember; she had rarely been down here. Then it hit her: an emergency pathway to surgical services on this floor, but there was a few large elevators to take a patient and his or her team wherever else they may need to go as well.

She nodded over it the direction while making eye contact with Seaja. “Elevator,” she muttered if the learner approached. “We should wait by the stairs, see where he gets off.” As she spoke, she took her datapad again from her belt and bent her head momentarily to switch from the default medscanner widget to the location finder. Then she pointed in the opposite way. “This way.” She had seen a stairwell on her way down. As they started off in that direction, Prenn unintentionally had the foresight to hand Seaja her datapad and point to her name. “We’re following th—

The force of an impact cut her off. Arms wrapped around her, trying to brace. “Woah!” the other person involved exclaimed. When Prennis took a step back, she realized it was Nurse Jalise, her internship supervisor. The near-human crossed her arms. “What have you been doing? You missed a code.

Probably code blue, a heart attack. That was bad, but this was worse. She couldn’t explain that though, not right now. It would potentially cause even more of a panic among the patients if it got out. Plus, she had no solid evidence to back up a claim even if she was to make it. So, instead, she tried to explain, “Jalise, I really—” “Need to help me? Yes, yes, you do.

Prennis sighed; she didn’t think it wasn’t worth arguing. Part of her cared about this getting back to Doctor Montoya, though she just knew she was right about her suspicions…but she did have other urgent responsibilities. And two friends that could investigate until she could join them again. “…Right behind you.

With a glance over her shoulder at Voph, she rushed back to her assigned department, leaving the datapad that now showed ‘she’ had gone down to the basement floor behind.

Objective: Ride out the storm
Equipment: See Signature
Tags: [member="Prennis Keeoli"] [member="Seaja Linata"]

Voph pushed through the throngs of people, raising a hand to beckon Seaja. The friendly and caring demeanor that he had held before was gone, replaced by a cold resolve, and an intense focus on the mission at hand. Something was wrong. Very wrong. Voph turned to the stairwell, and pushed the door open. He didn't know what was waiting below, so he went first, letting Seaja trail behind him.

A hand went to his lightsaber, drawing the blade yet not igniting it. Not yet. Prenn had been called away to tend to her other duties. So it was up to him to figure out what was going on here. He hunched over slightly, moving silently through the stairwell, and pressing up against the wall beside the door. Without looking, he held up a hand to signal Seaja to stop. He whispered, again with the Force, "Be ready. He may start a fight."

Voph pushed open the door as quietly as he could manage, and slipped inside. The basement wasn't nearly as busy as the upper floors. So why had the man come down here? Bomb. Voph's gut twisted with the thought. If he was resorting to something like that, they were in trouble. Unless Seaja knew something he didn't. Voph began to wrack his brain. Why else would someone disguising themselves as hospital staff come down here? Voph rounded a corner to see the man standing at the end of the hallway. "What business have you here?" Normally Voph might have waited longer before engaging the individual, but he didn't have that kind of luxury today...

Objective 3: Cleansing the darkness
Allies: Jedi

Although the darkness in the Force-nexus started to dissolve around her, which meant it started to work, these headaches, made worse by her skin's phosphorescence, made it difficult to her to muster the required concentration for a second attempt that would, this time around, exhaust her Force-energy reserves. In fact, the main difference here was that, although she didn't outwardly exhibit phosphorescence as she used to, her brain still perceived her own nervous system as such; she seemed to be suffering from a side effect of using high-intensity Force-light. She sought to take advantage of the lead time by having the platform move around, especially with the dark side being much more "pockmarked" around Tarkin City. It was then that she took a painkiller pill: when her illuminosity faded enough for her to regain her oncentration, while still having enough energy left for the second attempt to be effctive. It's now or never, she thought, while aiming at the new epicenter of the darkness, channeling all her Force-energy in this new attempt and, once again, to people standing almost right next to her, her body was much brighter than sunlight (or, rather, sunlight at the intensity normally encountered on Commenor on a clear sky day at that latitude), if only briefly. But the sheer cost in Force-energy of doing it was so great that, once the flash was over, she collapsed on the ground, panting and whatnot, and she lost consciousness, since her brain didn't have enough energy left to function at a conscious level. Yet the wildlife became progressively less rabid or otherwise affected by the darkness in the nexus as the light-sided energy from both uses of Force-light began to take hold.

Stephanie Swail

Look what they've done to my dream
OBJECTIVE: Keep the peace
- - - - - - - - - - - -
Stephanie Swail was to the East of the Palace, stood under a fluttering banner of her Silver Jedi. Her back to the side gates and a large hedge of flowers, the Jedi was dressed in her Hapan robes and robe, hands behind her back and swaying gently on her dark brown boots.

Things were quiet this side at least during the protest. Following the incidents that one Lady Kay had committed – something Stephanie had never doubted she could do – her people were rightfully angry, betrayed and upset. Peaceful protest was never denied to those who were granted freedom of speech and to voice their rights, as long as it was peaceful. The spread of the Silver Jedi was here to make sure nothing got out of control. There were people to protect, both inside and outside the palace, and there was crucial talks happening that would ensure a new future for the planet and its people, all for the better.

Stephanie glanced over the crowd, always keeping her senses alert but evoking no sense of military might or menace. She just stood peacefully doing her role as peacekeeper and defender of the Light. She brought her hand around, small com in her palm, to contact the others dotted around.

”Stephanie here. All quiet on the Eastern front.”

That was all she needed to say.

Up above, a ship passed by overheard waving a flag bearing the crest of the Royal Family. It smouldered where it was burning.

Times were fragile indeed.

”Make sure eyes are on the skies too, just in case we have any signs of terror attacks using this protest as a catalyst for striking the palace.”

[member="Cassus Demici"] | [member="Prennis Keeoli"] | [member="Iovty Karnsor"] | [member="Darlyn Excron"] | [member="The Immortal Turk Togan"] |

Cassus abided the Minister's babbling rant with a tightened jaw and gnashed teeth. He wasn't one for theatrics especially ones whose point failed to touch down. For a Minister of War this man was volatile, but he expected nothing less from a Sith. The Order's policy on abiding the followers of the dark always perplexed him. They were murderers, they lusted for power and they were destructive not only to themselves but to others. The temptation to sow chaos was too great for them ever to be relied upon and Cassus didn't regret the protective stance he took to guard his very impressionable charge.

The hostility from the man was nothing Cassus wanted to deal with, so he kept quiet, holding his ground, and invited his partner Iovty to talk him down even though he could feel that his fellow Knight sensed the darkness within this man as well. Cassus decided to stay silent and remain mindful for the rest of the day. He was here to maintain peace, and to that he would hold true.

However Cassus attention now turned to the crowd, it was getting more restless, the spirit of the protests began to shift from righteous indignation to reckless hate. He closed his eyes and sensed the ocean of the crowd. He encouraged Persephone to do the same.

"Feel them, but don't be touched by what you feel." He instructed.

He imbued calming energies onto Persephone to keep her from feeling the worst of it, but she still shuddered in the onslaught of emotion. There were points within the crowd where the more intense emotions and need for destruction originated and they emanated out like ripples two stir the other crowd. He could feel Persephone feel overcome by this and tried to soothe her, but before he could get a hold on it she took one of those waves of emotions and turned it into an actual wave of force energy within the crowd. felling a host within the crowd like dominos. Cassus didn't open his eyes, he only quickly stimulated Persephone in the force to bring her back into the moment before the situation got worse.
"Sorry. . . " Persephone insisted while Cassus remained in his meditation. Iovty and Minister Excron weren't aware of what she was apologizing for so earnestly as they didn't see what she had done. Excron had sensed the upheaval as well, as well as a few keywords that had foreshadowed the chaos to come. He shouted a threat out to the crowd, but he knew that only stoked and dared the thugs in the crowd to try them.

Cassus's hand quickly reach for his lightsaber under the pristine white of his cloak, but realized flashing his lightsaber in this environmental crucible might not be the best choice so instead his arm flashed like lightning and caught the large stone aimed for the Minister's head, inches away, crushed in the grip of his giant hand. Cassus opened his eyes and smirked lightly. It all happened in the burst of a second.

"I recommend your troops start breaking up the crowds." There was great danger in the anonymity of crowds, a loss of personal accountability. The weak minded follow the lead of the radical strong-willed few.

Objective: Byoo
Allies: Tea, as without it people die [member="Kay Arenais"] understands.
Tag: [member="Marina DeVoe"]

The woman came before her, she looked like a typical Alderaina beauty. Though definitely not of House Thul heritage, her eyes where blue not green. She was unsure what to make of her, as she came in. She began to speak to her, she listened to her carefully. She was was from House Deve, and she no idea who she talking to. She really had no idea at all, had her name been so expunged, they no longer even recognise her. Elaine face was dropping slightly as the woman talked, she was kinda of insulted by this. She did not know who she was, and as a result mentioned her queen in her presence, a woman who shares a bed with sith Darth Vulkan.

She got up as she finished talking, and sipped some tea. As unlike lady kay, she could get away with murder, she was on Elysian soil technically. The tea was calming, maybe the former queen should drunk more tea, and she would not been in this mess, maybe the elders took it off, and that's why they are dead. She will never know why she did it, but she is guilty nonetheless. Now she had school this noble woman, in who she was, and who she contact.

She put her cup down, and her voice and tone was not a friendly one, though not down right rude. You have the Honour, or you may think it is a Dishonour of addressing The Duchess of House Thul. She then pointed to her soliders outside, That army are people who loyal to me, Exiles from Alderaan. I am currently preparing to defend the new republic, as unlike your Queen I care. She paused to let her soak that in, she was surrounded by people who are traitors. Your Queen, is not my queen. Queen Kay is guilty, of murder and everyone knows it. The person who is now in charge, is yet to be decided, though you could ask [member="Darlyn Excron"]. She waited to see how the woman react to this, after all she now in the presence of a traitor, a person who rebelled against the queen.

Objective: Ride out the storm
Equipment: Robes, lightsaber, datapad
Tags: [member="Voph"] | [member="Prennis Keeoli"]

Seaja moved in syncopation with the Voph, managing follow his lead while also walking alongside him and avoiding looking overly conspicuous in doing so. She observed Voph's change in demeanor and mimicked it, moving about with an earnest resolve. She could sense something ominous about the situation at hand, a feeling which was only intensified by the general emotional state of panic, anger and anxiety that the hospital and surrounding area was in. Though she reached out, Voph's emotional and psychic presence in the Force was clouded, almost as if a chain mail veil stood between him and the rest of the world. This wasn't unusual, but Seaja still found it perplexing.

She kept close behind Voph, slowly edging as if she wanted to walk alongside him. She got the vague sense that he was trying to keep himself between her and whatever danger might manifest in front of her, and it made her want to move past him. She was eager to show him that she could handle whatever they were faced with, that she could be on the front line in any situation.

Though, ultimately, she wasn't able to fully able to get around him. When he lifted his lightsaber, she did the same, drawing it from beneath her cloak. She nodded in silent confirmation of Voph's words and braced herself, narrowing her eyes as she prepared to have to spring into action.

As Voph opened the doors and stepped through, Seaja moved right behind him, flanking her teacher as they entered the basement.

Objective One: A Common Goal.

[COMMENOR: [member="Loreena Arenais"], [member="Jairdain"], [member="Silfe Sosuri"], [member="Darlyn Excron"] ([member="Shoden Moz"])]
[SJO: [member="Josh DragonsFlame"], [member="Asaraa Vaashe"], [member="Cassius Droma"], [member="Aida Aquila"]]

Er6tw3E.png
The state of the World was not conveniently being supported by members of the Silver Jedi Order and their resources, moving to seek to quieten down any active and hostile protest that went beyond the civil rights of freedom of speech. In the absence of the Queen and the Monarchy being disavowed as a whole, the remaining members of Government were left to pick up the pieces alongside the Silver Order's assistance and support.

For Veiere personally, it was time that he seek to distance himself from the Governmental body of Commenor in order to return to a life of citizenship, as well as his desired rejoining of the Order itself. For that purpose, he wished to speak with either [member="Josh DragonsFlame"] or [member="Aida Aquila"], to formally request to be allowed entry into their ranks and Jedi Personnel Roster, that he might continue to further serve the Galaxy and discourage other Jedi from making the same life shattering mistakes that he himself had made in the past.

"If I could please borrow some of your time for a personal matter and request?" he spoke to both Master's DragonFlame and Aquila in a humbled and gentle request, the large situation around them being far more important, though he wouldn't take up much of their time before taking his eventual leave of the Royal Palace and stepping back out into the public light where the rest of his life would begin.

Veiere hadn't had a great deal of interaction with the Silver Jedi Order outside of his personal friendship with [member="Coci Heavenshield"], as well as a few interactions with Arisa Yune during the two or three public Conclaves that he had held. Whatever personal bias or views the Silver Jedi might have gained about him, he hoped that they would be willing to give him the opportunity to introduce himself to their people, and for their own to come to meet and learn about the Man and who he truly was, in heart and mind, his intentions and ideals which closely followed the Jedi Path and the Will of the Force.

Klesta

The King of Ergonomic Assessments
Objective: BYOO (perform ergonomic assessments)

"Sometimes you forget that, in the rush to work the billable hours, especially when you are an associate on the partnership track, furniture can get out of alignment, and that can cause you to miss out on billable hours if health problems arise"

"Who else is next? Who has suffered a burnout? Or some other health problem that may be preventable with ergonomics?"

Yes, Klesta knew lawyers in big-law firms were often lured there for equally big bucks, and running for any of the major political offices, be it legislative or judicial, meant, just as often, taking a large, if not massive, paycut if one made partner beforehand. The Gand lawyer then pointed in the direction of an overworked M&A lawyer, a Neimoidian, who was diligent in his legal work. He even ate at his desk specially when he had to comb through contracts for mergers to proceed, so that he could formulate a plan for those contracts to roll over when the transaction is allowed to proceed. (Especially if the four-company ratio is below 65%, which is typically an issue only for heavy industries) Plus a M&A legal team will contain not only a commercial lawyer, but also a tax lawyer, too, which was also on the priority list of people to be assessed as given by the ex-senator. And the Jawa was, simply put, not pleased at all by the turn of events this was taking: if the Gand's furniture was already out of alignment, the Neimoidian's station was a worn-down mess.

☤ Golden Heart, Cold Hands ☤
{ Post: 05 }
{ Location: Mercy Learning Hospital, Chasin City }
{ Equipment: Scrubs, keycard, stethoscope, pager }
{ Objective 2 (modified): Complete her rounds > Investigate }
{ Tags: [member="Voph"], [member="Seaja Linata"] }
~ ~
The man turned around. With one glance from Voph to the half-hidden Seaja, he knew there was no point to deny what the former already knew—nor probably much reason to run. A half smirk broke across his face. “You’re late to the game, Jedi.” He made the assumption and rose his hands in mocking surrender. “We can’t be stopped. Justice will be wrought.

The device was nowhere in immediate sight.

. . .
“Hey, Prennis.” With a glance up from the chart in her hands, Prenn noticed that Nurse Harli had come up to walk alongside her. “Have you seen my pager?” She furrowed her brow. Had she heard that right? “Excuse me?” Harli’s cheeks grew a light red, clearly embarrassed. “I swear I just set it down for a minute.”

Unable to help it, Prenn exclaimed, “Damn it!” Did this mean that there was another imposter? And if that was the case… Riots were often relatively spontaneous as well as thoughtless, but this? If these people had infiltrated the hospital before the protests broke out, then this specific act had been premeditated. Maybe, then, in the ‘sitting period’ between the self-deposed Queen’s announcement a week ago and today people hadn’t been nearly as placid, if not because they were shellshocked, as they had appeared.

Harli had stopped walking, so Prenn followed suit and turned back towards her. “I-I’m not mad at you. Stay here.

Prenn approached another nursing station and set the chart down on the counter before rounding the entire desk to locate Harli’s pager. The cafeteria? She squeezed her eyes closed, trying to think. If I was a terrorist, why would I be up there? Oh no, Miss Lerles! The office of the administrator was on that floor, as was the hospital’s radio station, but for the moment that slipped her mind.

If there was only a way to alert Voph and Seaja…

Jalise was visiting room 248 again, so Prennis approached the door. Of course, she didn’t want to endanger the patient, but with the ICU full of nurses, neither of them would be in there long. “Good, Prenn, did you find that—?” Jalise began to ask, cutting herself off when Prenn instead pulled the door closed with herself on the outside as it locked. “Sorry!” And she was; she just couldn’t be called back here this time. “What’s gotten into you?” It was a question, but the senior nurse probably had a guess already: she had given into mass hysteria.

But she was thinking very clearly as she disappeared in the direction of a stairwell.

Objective: 1

Aida cradled her chin thoughtfully as the young woman spoke up once more. She raised a brow when Lady Moz remarked that, in actuality, there was little to do concerning the presidential process. Remaining silent, her blue eyes focused on Lady Moz as she continued to voice her suggestion. It was simple, but it could be effective – and it was fairly similar to what the Commenori were used to.

Her gaze shifted to the others present, waiting to see if anyone else had feedback.

However, she soon found the King himself standing at her side. “Certainly, King Arenais...” she said, bowing her head. Turning, she nodded to Master DragonsFlame, and Aida took a few steps back to create some space between them and the group, so that the discussion could continue.

“How can we help?” She asked, canting her head to the side just slightly.

[member="Veiere Arenais"], [member="Josh DragonsFlame"], [member="Shoden Moz"], [member="Cassius Droma"], [member="Asaraa Vaashe"]

Objective: Stop the incursion
Equipment: See Signature
Tags: [member="Prennis Keeoli"] [member="Seaja Linata"]

Voph stood unmoving for a moment, his mind racing. His instinct was to pull a hand up, and fire off a blast of lightning. But that was a bad idea. If the man was holding a trigger, it could activate. Couldn't kill him, might trip a dead man's switch. And with Seaja watching, Voph was lothe to handle this situation how he so desperately wanted to. Voph raised his hands to waist level, held low in a non-threatening gesture. He returned the lightsaber to his belt.

"A foolish mistake to make." Voph paused for a moment, then his arms shot forward, fingers splayed as he unleashed a blast of Force energy thundering towards the man, sufficient to knock him into the wall, cracking at the impact. Voph moved forward with a near in-human speed, bringing his right elbow up to slam down into the man's jaw. His gauntlet clad left hand came forward to grab the being by the neck, and hold him against the wall. "Next time you try to negotiate, make sure they're Jedi, boy."

Voph applied a small amount of pressure. Nothing that would kill him, but the man would feel it. Voph only allowed him the air needed to stay conscious. He'd have to work to get an answer out. Voph knelt down as the man slid down the wall, keeping his hand at the man's throat. "Now, you listen, and you listen good. I know better than to kill you. So don't get funny ideas about dying for what you believe in. You tell me what I want to know, and the pain stops. It's as simple as that. How many of you are there? What's your plan? And more importantly, how do I stop it?"

As Veiere spoke about the current state of government, Cassius began to feel a little better about the situation. Despite the protests all across the planet, especially in Chasin City, there did seem to be a little bit of stability in the government, even if it didn’t look that way. What Cassius had feared when he saw the holo-recording of Lady Kay’s confession was that absolute anarchy would break out, and the metaphorical decapitation of such a centralized power wouldn’t be able to retain control. With the system in place as it was, though, it seemed the transition would be smoother.

The redheaded woman offered him a cig, to which he shook his head and waved his hand slightly in polite refusal. That stuff would kill you, eventually.

When she then explained how the democratic process could be reinstated, Cassius found himself nodding along. Representative democracies tended to do well. Taking in a deep breath, his hands lazily found their way to his hips as he said, “I’m no expert, but I think that’ll work. There will probably be a lot of mistrust of practically everyone involved with the most recent system of government,” his eyes drifted to Veiere for a moment. As much as he had mixed feelings about the man, they were slowly starting to lean towards the positive, the more he saw him. Patience and forgiveness, Gianna had taught him.

“However, as long as they see the effort being put in to place power back into the hands of the citizens, this should blow over soon.” Of course, that was the hope. Things like this tended to either peter out, like he mentioned, or spiral out of control. Stepping over to the window, he peered out, a frown growing across his face. He could see the mass of protestors, all pouring out their frustration, anger, confusion, and sense of betrayal.

There were a couple of people he still knew here, and even one that, although he wasn’t aware of it, had hidden among the medical field in order to make a new life for herself.

He hoped they were okay.

COMMENOR: [member="Veiere Arenais"] | [member="Jairdain"] | [member="Silfe Sosuri"] | [member="Shoden Moz"]
SILVER JEDI: [member="Josh DragonsFlame"] | [member="Asaraa Vaashe"] | [member="Aida Aquila"]

Objective: 1
Wearing: Gown
Commenor: [member="Veiere Arenais"] [member="Kay Arenais"] [member="Jairdain"] [member="Darlyn Excron"] [member="Shoden Moz"]
SJO: [member="Josh DragonsFlame"] [member="Asaraa Vaashe"] [member="Cassius Droma"] [member="Aida Aquila"]

Truth be told, Silfe found it very difficult to watch her King renounce his title. She completely understood his reasoning and she agreed with him. Still, she had come to love his family through Lady Kay and it was an end of an era for her. She had come to this planet in hopes of becoming a Senator to represent Cyrillia. Instead she had become a Minister and eventually a proper Lady in charge of Acuin. She had found friends and started living her life. Now she was watching the fall of her friend's family. They must be disappointed in the circumstances even as they might welcome the change.

She had done much work since Lady Kay's announcement. It had been constant. Fights had broken out in many places, not just Chasin City. There had been some protest on her continent, but Commenor was still recovering from the Sith Occupation and her country was the main food supply. The protests had thankfully been small and manageable. Silfe herself had met with many leaders of her communities to communicate that the people were not alone and assist in soothing fears. The people were justifiably angry and after the emotional tumoil of a Sith occupation and then the liberation, they were feeling raw. She stood to the side and behind Veiere, her show of support absolute.

When he left, the delegation of government officials left with him. She touched Jairdain's shoulder. "I will see to some details for the Press and join you in a few moments." Then she left her blind friend to find her way with the rest of the representatives of the Silver Jedi Order and the remnants of her government. As she helped organize the exodus of press, she thought about the SJO. Silfe knew very little about them except that they knew the Royal family. They were Jedi which was sometimes good, but not always. They came when needed however and she had to love them for that. The planet she called home was in dire need.

When she was able to join the SJO representatives, Veiere, Shoden, and Jairdain, the dark haired woman smiled pleasantly, coming just as Shoden made a proposal. "According to my research, you are correct. I think a similar system of government to what they had before is a good idea. They also had a system of checks and balances between the President and the Elders.. My assistant has pulled the necessary data that can be looked at at your leisure." She lifted a hand to indicate the long table with chairs all around it. At each seat was a datapad with the pertinent information she described. SIlfe had also taken the liberty to add a dossier on each of the remaining government officials, including herself, smaller government leaders who might be good choices for countries that no longer had Lords, and other ministers like Darlyn.

She looked to Aida. "I also agree that campaigning should happen soon and a date in the very near future be set for Elections. Is the Silver Jedi Order going to be a remaining presence here on Commenor to ensure the elections are run with as little corruption as possible?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom