Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private A storm in the sky

There were lives at stake. Trextan had to remind himself that was more important than gaining the respect of other Wardens, or at least not disappointing Chloe.

As much as he wanted to show up the Wardens that had belittled him, he had heard about Chloe for a long time before he met her. Choli had always spoken so highly of her.

"We're trackers," Trix announced boldly.

Of course, Trextan thought, she would go first.

"We've been out working the Abriin sector tracking down some of the worst Pirates on the lanes."

Arryk cracked his knuckles. He had been quiet for most of the time, deferring to Biffa.

"We've been looking after some of the Corellian run. Biffa helps organise convoys and works with the local privateers and military. I deal with those who continue to be a problem."

Trextan looked up at the huge Selonian. In a fist fight, he imagined he would be lucky to last ten seconds against him.

Trextan Voidstalker Trextan Voidstalker

Then they were definitely a different flavor of Warden than what Chloe was familiar with. Not that she hadn't had her time dealing with pirates. The Corellian did her patrols along the Hydian way through the Tingal Arm, but she didn't go out specifically looking for them.

It was an entirely different mentality. More akin to the trackers during her time with the Omega Protectorate. Perhaps had no qualms with the type of methods required to complete their mission.

"That makes sense. I spent some time myself patrolling the lanes during the Protectorate era,"
Chloe replied, causing Biffa to swivel her head sharply towards the older blonde.

"You were with the Protectorate?" the Bothan asked; this time, there was a notable expression of perked interest.

"As a contractor, aye." Chloe discarded a few cards and took two more. "Raise the pot five credits." She flashed a half-grin and winked at Trextan.

"Shame how it ended. They did great work."

"Pro who?" Trix asked, seemingly annoyed to not have the attention on her. It was clear she was going to be a hot one. Made Chloe wonder how long she'd been working as a Warden.

"The Omega Protectorate. In the wake of the gulag plague, they were one of the first to try and secure the hyperlanes from the warlords and the pirates along Fondor. Managed to control the free trade routes from Corellia down to Terminus."
Sosa added. As a Sullustan, he was well aware of their history with the Protectorate as well as an interaction of the Alliance.

"My uncle never really talks about the Gulag Plague," Trextan said. "Great uncle," he added quickly for the benefit of everyone.

"I don't think the hyperlanes being open made as much of a difference for some of the rim worlds as the the core?" he suggested.

However, he could sense from the room that the opinion wasn't landing.

"For those out in the Rim," Biffa replied, "it might not have brought as much of a scramble for war, but the Hutt Cartel, the Red Ravens and less organised raiders started to expand their influence quickly. Republic, Alliance those kind of structures haven't always spread this far out. The Protectorate, Coalition and Confederacy held for periods. It doesn't last. Other factions take advantage of that."

"You know you don't look old enough to have been patrolling back then," Trextan said to Chloe before upping the ante.

Biffa immediately folded, suspecting - quite rightly - that he had a solid hand.

Chloe’s brows rose high at Trextan Voidstalker Trextan Voidstalker , avid amusement dancing in her blue eyes and over her expression at the much younger man.

She gave a chuckle. “Now I don’t know if I should take that as a compliment or if you’re tryin’ to sweet talk me into givin’ away my —“

At that moment, the sound of an alarm rang over their heads. It was the proximity alert they had set up to let them know if another ship would be approaching.

“Well… looks like we got ourselves some company.” Chloe drawled out in a murmur, before flashing that pearly white grin.

“Time to call your bluffs, folks.” She told them while moving to stand.

She had nothing.

Trextan was left cradling his cards with his face a warm shade of red. He didn't know quite what Chloe had been about to say and he would never know. He had not meant the observation to sound like a line, but it had. Giving away her secrets? Her blasters?

He laid out his cards.

"Knew it," Biffa said. The bothan looked relaxed as she stepped away from the table.

"Got a bad feeling about this," Trextan said from the cockpit. The vessels that had been - and continued to be - dragged out of hyperspace by an interdiction mine had been ordered to form an orderly queue of vessels.

"The codes should be good," Biffa insisted. "They'll wave us on."

"I'm in position," came Sosa's voice over the intercom. The Sullustan had got to place his drone in the dorsal airlock.

In the darkness, Trextan could see the sleek outline of the sith transport approach a transport ship several ahead of them in the queue.

"A bad feeling or indigestion?" Chloe shot back at Trextan Voidstalker Trextan Voidstalker amused. She had caught his earlier flush. To think he was still easy to fluster. "Or is that pick up line still ringin' in your ears?" she teased in playful banter.

"Reckon I'll really have to ask what is your type, Trextan. Just to be sure."

The seconds it took for the Sith Patrol to review the codes of the transport ahead of them were intense. While Biffa look certain of herself, there was a fine sheen of sweat glimmering over Sosa's head. The codes could be good. They could be bad. How things landed was up to the Gods in Chloe's eyes.

As the transport's twin blue cones began to pull away, the Sith Patrol now turned its attention towards the Aurora Hawk. False transponder codes, specific smuggling compartments that would make the ship seem as ordinary cargo transport, along with Biffa's codes should allow them to get close enough for Sosa to do his work.

|| This is the Seseris, of the Knights of Ren, to the Monra Tye. Prepare for validation and transmit your codes. ||

Chloe took control of the hand comm, opening to respond, [ This is the Monra Tye to the Seseris, we are transmitting now. ]

A nod towards Biffa and the Bothan proceeded to transfer. The next few seconds were tense. Now was the time for Sosa to do his part.

"A bad feeling or indigestion?" Chloe shot back at Trextan Voidstalker Trextan Voidstalker Trextan Voidstalker Trextan Voidstalker amused. She had caught his earlier flush. To think he was still easy to fluster. "Or is that pick up line still ringin' in your ears?" she teased in playful banter.

"Reckon I'll really have to ask what is your type, Trextan. Just to be sure."

"I didn't... Well I guess you're... Hmph," went Trextan.

He knew it was only going to amuse her more, so he smiled and gave a shake of his head. It actually took a little tension out of the moment. Had he been about to explain his type or say she was too old for him? Joke was on her, that fantasy was definitely now going to cross his bunk one evening this week.

What he didn't like thinking about was that the sith could be hurting people as they moved down the line of vessels. He had to think of the bigger picture, remember the lessons of the past.

Stopping one Knight of Ren on patrol wasn't going to make a difference. Getting Tiny back and planning to deal with the wider problem would.

|| Codes accepted. Move on beyond the gravity well and continue. ||

"Not even a 'have a nice day' Trextan said.

Sosa had a pair of goggles on. They were showing the view from the drone as he maneuvered it up to the passing ship.

"Got it."

There was a collective sigh of relief.

"Great job, Sosa," Chloe replied, murmuring a grateful thank you to the Corellian Gods. She gave the Sullustan a pat on the back before squeezing his shoulder.

Flashing a grin over to Trextan Voidstalker Trextan Voidstalker , the blonde followed with a nod.

"Alright, now it is just a matter of getting into place and tracking where the patrol will go as its home base of operations -- either a prison ship or location on the world. It could very well be a space station as well. Either way, we can use what we know about the Roil to tuck back and wait and then plan accordingly with the additional data we have once they arrive."

Looking at the Wardens, Chloe rubbed her hands together. "In the meantime, it might be best to consider our options and how to handle goin' in to look for Tiny."

"I can utilize the White Current to form illusions and get a few under the radar to slip in. Who would be best to go with me in that instance?"

"The three of us," Trix said, pointing to herself, Brassycc and Arryk. "The boy can stay and guard the ship with a pilot and Biffa could be in charge of the whole op."

Trextan noted that she had put Biffa in charge whilst telling everyone what to do. If he sat in silence then he would be given the role they assigned him.

In one way it would be easy. No pressure on himself. The fate of the Barabel in the hands of the other Wardens.

I won't be a coward

"I lost this arm," Trextan said, lifting his artificial hand, "fighting two Knights of Ren. I've fought exactly two more Ren and seven Sith Knights. I'm not the best Warden, but can any of you claim the same?"

He let that question hang in the air.

Chloe's lips pursed in an attempt to hold back her amusement, glancing from Trextan Voidstalker Trextan Voidstalker to Trix. This was between them. Chloe wasn't going to step in unless things escalated, but Trextan needed to learn how to leverage his own skills and become confident enough with the Wardens to show he had it in him to do what was needed.

Wardens had no rhyme or reason. They each came with their own sets of flavors, doing their best to keep the trade lanes free and safe from those who would take advantage of travelers. Some were pilots, some navigators, some simply joined up as crew. Each brought something to the table, so Trextan's commentary that he had more experience fighting Knights of Ren to warrant going with the group had validity.

Trix, Brassycc, and Arryk may have had experience dealing with pirates, but Force users like the Knights were another story. After all, Tiny got captured by all of them.

The redhead gave a snort, crossing her arms over her chest, about to comment, when the massive Selonian gave a nod, speaking in Mandaba, "The kid has a point. I'd want his blade along if he is willing to join us."

Biffa also agreed, adding, "It would be better to have someone who knows their ways and methods. Sosa and I can provide avenues of escape if needed."

Overridden, Trix gave a curse. It was odd. Why did she have so much against Trextan who she just met? Something to ponder. Either way, Chloe added,"With GeeTee as an antiboarding droid, he would do well protecting the ship as well as your back up."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom