Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Springtime Prom (SJO/Allies)

Fortunately, Nida had no idea that her mother had some involvement with her “date” for the evening. Had she known, the young Zeltron would have been forever embarrassed.

“Maybe they’ve eased up?” Nida wouldn’t know; she didn’t have anything to compare the Silvers to. Ador was her friend, someone who she felt as though she could speak freely to. “I am thirsty, are you?” She confirmed as they moved towards the punch bowl. “I’ve never imagined you in a suit.” Her lips curved into a fond smile, so used to seeing the rough-and-tumble Corellian in robes or training gear. It was…different to see him so clean cut. “Not that you aren’t pulling it off!” She added in quickly, in case her words had been taken as insult.

From across the room she spotted [member="Coren Starchaser"], and gave the Jedi a ginger wave. For some reason, he always seemed to make himself scarce once she’d notice him.

[member="Ador Horn"]

Isaiah Dashiell

I
Izzy looked at Mags incredulously.

"You drink?" He struggled to remember a single time when the two of them had been together when she hadn't been nagging him about his own drinking habits. His eyes narrowed first in disbelief, waiting for the punchline or her silly laugh.

But it didn't come.

She was serious.

"You DRINK?" he said again but shocked this time. Also what was an induction port? He had so many questions.

[member="Magdalena Lethe"]

"Well, sure - I mean," Magda shrugged and gestured to the general vicinity of her mask, "I did. Before."

She looked at him, that same hand landing in a fist on her hip, "You don't have to sound so surprised.

Gosh, what did he take her for? Some Nancy-Prude? Of course she drinks! Drank. Did.

"I used to enjoy a nice glass or two of wine with my dinner."

Or three, on those more stressful nights.

They cleared the entry doors and were, finally, inside. Magda had no idea they had been spotted by [member="Coren Starchaser"], which was probably for the better. That meant the fangirling could wait.

[member="Isaiah Dashiell"]

[member="Jake Daniels"]

It was moments like these that Ereza was reminded how very little about her the man truly knew. The private lives of her people kept the knowledge of their likeness from most in the galaxy, but secrecy and modesty were not mutually exclusive. She said nothing as he spoke, gaze surveying the landscape of people in attendance in much the way a raltiir tiger might watch a herd of prey milling about a watering hole: with languid intensity. Drinking in the words he spoke, Ereza let them mull in her mind where they might bear fruit of intrigue or curiosity to pick at a later time.

She took her seat at the table, bright gaze sliding through the crowd to the aforementioned spunky Jedi, [member="Asaraa Vaashe"], to watch the young woman closely. Her framed perception of Jedi was limited in personal experience, and of what she knew the idea of them struck her as unsettling. Practicing only one aspect of Lanu seemed ... juvenile, but passing judgement was not her purpose here. Her purpose was to learn and study. To discover new pieces of the gameboard.

"Water," a simple response as her attention returned to Jake, "I have already fed, thank you."

She tipped one leg over the other, now studying the man who deemed himself her shadow, "Do not pass up a meal on my account. Eat, drink, as you please. I could fill you in on Rune's new position, if you like."

Celeste glanced at [member="Coren Starchaser"] as he spoke, her eyes were slowly growing brighter. She canted her head to the side, mildly surprised. Her brows arched, but a soft smile grew on her face.

“What are you talking about?” She asked, chuckling. I was the wallflower, not you.”

Back during her own days as a padawan on Voss, she'd been quite shy and reserved. She'd lacked confidence, sometimes she still did. But, now she was a friendly and welcoming presence... or so, she hoped. There probably were a couple of younglings that thought differently, but she was the den mother.

“There are a lot of faces, you're right,” Celeste noted, smiling. It was nice to see the temple so full of life. Just a few moments earlier, she had seen Coren's eyes track in the direction of a pair entering – [member="Magdalena Lethe"] and [member="Isaiah Dashiell"]. Celeste nodded their way. “Do you know them? More of your coalition friends?”

If they were, perhaps they ought to keep an eye on them...

The pair really were a bit different back in the day, and it kept going on even until now. Back in the day Coren was way more street smart than was good for him. Part smuggler, part sentinel, and a bit of training for combat. Basically, had he lived a normal life on Corellia, he’d have been the jock. And Celeste, probably the bookworm who was a lot smarter than he was. Now? It was a warrior and a healer.

A different dichotomy.

“Maybe, but you had the looks.” He winked. She still did, clearly, looking at her here, in that dress. For sure. He had tossed a wave, very cautiously over to [member="Nida Perl"] again. He really needed to make sure that she had a good encounter with him, lest Joza come down on him.

“We have some of the Coalition around, but no, those two aren’t them. They’re … different but no less important.” He grabbed her hand, a bit shocked he did, but no less calmly, tightly, and with a sense of familiarity. He made his way to the pair.

“You two are with GUIDE, aren’t you? What’s got you here?” Younger explorers were always important to speak to, especially as he was not out there exploring on his own much any more.

[member="Celeste Rigel"]
[member="Magdalena Lethe"]
[member="Isaiah Dashiell"]

[member="Darben Skirae"] [member="Ura Iolar"]

Starduat nodded with a smile to her husband, turning to help him adjust his collar correctly and then nodded

let's enjoy the night dear...by the force you look so handsome it that suit

She said with a big smile upon her face, suddenly she was bumped and turned looking down. Eye adjusted for a second before she offered a smile

ahhhh ura wonderful to see you here at the prom, I do hope for you it's going good

Ura seemed happy that Stardust wasn't made at her, but got nervous when she said she hoped the Lervon's night was going good. The Padawan looked down for a moment, playing with her "dress" before answering.

"To be honest Master, I have no idea what I'm doing."

[member="Stardust Solus Skirae"] [member="Darben Skirae"]

"Yes, off course," she replied as she shook his hand. She didn't manage to say more before he had left. For a moment, she stood looking to where he had walked to. The thoughts that she was the reason he had left, walked through her head. Even though he had said something had come to his attnetion, which he had to look into, she was still unsure. That was how she'd always been. Unsure about other People, and if she had done something wrong.

But she turned back to look at the forest after a moment, the thoughts about it being her fault gone. The forests here really were beautiful, feintly reminding her of some of the forests on Midvinter. But these were much bigger, and different sorts of trees. Yet, the nature was the same both Places: kept in good condition, and important to those living there.

She stood there deep in thought, as another girl came out. Sigyn startled when she was spoken to, making a small jump from her leaning position. "Oh, sorry, didn't see you coming," she started. Even if she hadn't stated it, Sigyn would have clearly seen that she was a Valkyri, as she obviously had recognised Sigyn as as well. "I didn't know there were other Valkyris in the Silver Jedi. Though I should have known it was unlikely I was the only one." It felt good to know she wasn't the only Valkyri here. She had felt a bit alone, but now that she had met another, she wouldn't feel so alone anymore.

"Well, we are at least not used to as big events as this one. And certainly not as formal as this one." She turned to face the girl directly, stretching out a hand. "I'm Sigyn Vanir from Reykjaa. It's good te meet you."

[member="Jake Daniels"] | [member="Tyra Ashen"]

With the confirmation of Nida’s own thirst, Ador reached to the table grabbing two of the glasses, the crystal they were made out of sparkling from the lights above. Into each, the thick red liquid from the punch bowl was poured. What I wouldn’t give for a real drink. The Corellian thought before feeling a nudge through the force, a very familiar presence. One that he was used to. Looking over his shoulder to [member="Coren Starchaser"], Ador gave a crooked smile while his mind raced. If Coren was there, where was Romi? Searching through the force for his Master Ador didn’t feel her presence and exhaled a breath he didn’t know he was holding. The last thing he needed was for Romi to see him like this, she’d tease him for weeks.

Passing a glass of the drink to Nida, Ador smiled. “I know right? I never thought I’d be wearing a suit either. They're so annoying.” Taking a sip from his glass Ador nearly hit himself upside the head as he completely forgot his manners. “But I also never expected you to look so good in such a dress Nida! You look amazing” Thinking on his words the young Corellian couldn’t tell if he’d given a good enough comment but hoped Nida knew what he was saying. Ador wasn’t the best with words.

Taking another sip Ador felt a tingle on his tongue, an odd one. A familiar taste and warmth spreading through his body. Lowering the glass from his lips the Corellian’s eyes widened slightly someone had spiked the punch and he’d given some to Nida. He'd wanted a real drink, but not in this way! Nor had he ever intended on giving Nida any form of alcohol. Joza would have his head. Reaching down to claim Nida’s empty hand in his own Ador nodded to the dance floor. “How about you put the drink down and we dance, you’ll be far more parched by the time we’re finished.” All the Corellian could hope was that she hadn’t drunk too much of the punch.

[member="Nida Perl"]

Tyra Ashen

T
"My apologizes. I didn't mean to sneak up on you like that." She gave the girl a small nod before turning to the forest. "You're actually the first I've run into around here. Although, I spend most of my time in the forge. So I really haven't met to many other people yet."

She gave a glance back at the party when Sigyn said that they weren't used to big events such as this. The girl was right about that, Tyra couldn't think of one festival she went to that was this large or formal. "No, we're definitely not used to this. Honestly, it might be an acquired taste, cause it's a little overwhelming for me." Tyra faced the girl and shook her hand. "Tyra Ashen, from Brekka. Good to meet you as well. So what brought you here, to the Kashyyyk, I mean."

[member="Sigyn Vanir"]

Jake loved his son's.

They were the only family he had left. They were the only reminder of Cerusia that remained but the events of the past year had forced him to sever ties in order to protect those closest to him. The mention of Rune caused a moment of pain in the eyes of the Knight as he thought of his eldest son.

“Sir?” The waiter asked.

Jake snapped back to attention, “May My Lady get a glass of water with lemon to the side? I would like a cup of coffee. Light cream. No sugar.”

“Anything to eat, Sir?”

Holy hell, when was the last time Jake ate? “Nothing for now. In fact, just bring the brewed pot to the table.”

“As you say Sir.” The waiter scampered off.

Jake turned towards [member="Ereza"], noting that she had been paying diligent attention to him. He placed a hand on the table. His fingers playing with the corner of a cloth napkin still neatly wrapped around unused utensils. Lord, Jake missed Rune.

“Please do, My Lady. I’d love to hear about the career my Son has found himself in. Has the cub finally become a true Lion of our family?”

Laughing. As usual. Charlie seemed to take pleasure in her irritations. Of course Sam wasn't really angry, it was hard to stay in a bad mood when the younger girl was so chirpy.

She opened her mouth to further scold the Jedi when her companion spoke. She seemed to be another Jedi, just a tad taller. She apologised and bowed, causing a smile to creep onto Sam's face.

She curtsied back at the Jedi, "It is not trouble at all. This is a social event and we are free to be social with one another. People here know me as Eliza, it is a pleasure to meet you."

Something of a survival instinct had kicked in, the amount of Light signatures nearby prickled at her senses. They told the Ren it was dangerous. She moved closer to Charlie, the Padwan's diplomatic protection could prove useful should the worst occur. By the time she stood right next to Charlie, Sam was wearing a full smirk. "You see? Some people have manners. Perhaps you could learn a thing or two from your friend, Charlie."

[member="Charlie Nooran"]
[member="Sky'ito Yumi"]

Charlie raised an eyebrow and listened to what Sukai had been up to. It was an interesting enough topic. Making someone who wasn’t sensitive to the force all of a sudden sensitive is odd. Charlie didn’t think the process was possible with the whole midiclorian concept. Shrugging it off, she looked over towards Eliza who introduced herself. Oops, Charlie thought quietly to herself as she failed to introduce the pair. Eliza moved closer to her and Charlie tilted her head slightly not understanding the notion. Was it cold? Was Eliza just being weird? Musing through the possibilities Charlie figured it was just Eliza being weird.

Eliza and Sukai interacted for a moment, but it seemed the girl had another comment directed towards the Padawan. “Manners?” Instantly, Charlie’s nose wrinkled, and she quickly went to argue. “I have manners, I invited you to the party and complimented saying you look nice and that I’m happy to see you.” Charlie also extended her arm to the girl. “See? I’m even extending my arm to you, so you have something to hold on to as you are standing close next to me.”

Nodding, she looked towards Sukai then to Eliza, “See I have manners.” She spoke with a certainty in her tone as she smirked. “Sukai, I’m surprised to not see your brother"

[member="Sky'ito Yumi"]
[member="Samka Derith"]

[member="Jake Daniels"]

The fleeting appearance of amusement faintly pressed upwards into Ereza's brows, a thin veneer of placating humor appearing there instead. Cub. She wondered, briefly, how Rune would take being called such a thing. Likely with an amiable, quiet smile.

"He is doing rather well, all things considered," an easy reply as she eyed the man, glancing away just before an attendant strode over to deliver her glass of water. Ereza gave the serving platter, complete with crystal flute of water and lemon wedge, a considering look before taking up the glass. The lemon wedge was decidedly untouched.

"Amadeus deigned not to take over his mother's corporation on Ceto and as such, signed it over to me, begging of retirement..." a thin brow flickered in what could have been construed as irritation, but a regal smile pushed it aside, "and given the distance from Honoghr - well, the economics of regular travel just aren't there. Rune offered to help, so I made him the new acting Director of Operations."

The noghri guards had affixed themselves to positions at her 3 and 9, nearby enough. Ereza gave them no thought at all. She took a drink from the flute and then inspected the glass - as if the quality of the product could define the quality of her hosts.

"He is of a sharp intellect and entrepreneurial nature, I've no doubt he'll do well there. Though I cannot speak to whether or not he'll grow bored of it in time."

Jake listened quietly as His Lady spoke. In all honesty, it hurt. Rune was a success. He had taken to his new life quite well, as though he had truly let go of what had been. When the Noghri Guards repositioned themselves, Jake took a minimal notice. Instead his eyes turned to the waiter whom approached with everything he had asked for. A silver tray was place down with a steel pot that had steam erupting from its spout. There was a saucer of milk and of course a premed cup of coffee.

Jake nodded a thank you to the waiter.

"Rune gets his intellect from his mother." Jake said as he quickly took down the hot cup of coffee. It burned. It burned like a hellfire but the physical pain was a distraction from the emotional pain he felt deep within. "The Entrepreneurial comes from his Grandmother."

What did give Jake some relief was the lessons he hammered home in his boys. Never forget family. Rune was wiling to help Ereza He made his father proud, even if Jake now felt less like one now.

"I found her, you know?" Jake said as he poured himself another cup. He dropped a bit of cream in and stirred with a now used spoon from the once wrapped utencils. "By the time I got there, a war had broken out and she was gone."

Jake's finger traced the edges of the cup for a moment before gently turning into a rhythmic tap.

"I promised them I would find her for them," reference to his Sons. "I failed though. Lear's now taken up that mission. I know she's not the same; not my Cerusia so I gave Lear the last photo I had of us all on Honoghr. I folded the picture to hide me. It rests in a frame showing her and the boys. Its best if she doesn't remember me. Its best if I don't see her."

Jake was starting to temper the mood of the evening, "Seems like life comes full circle." He looked up to Ereza, who seemed to study the man, "As I began I am once more. Protector and Consort. Fitting way to enter my twilight years. Doing one of the only things I am good at."

Enough sappy crap, Jake had to turn the conversation away from what truly pained him. "My Lady, I understand very little of your cultural upbringing. You know how my life has been spent. Would you honor me by telling me yours?"

[member="Ereza"]

After a nod of courtesy and friendly smile to [member="Celeste Rigel"] and [member="Coren Starchaser"], he led his dame over through the main ballroom and over to the refreshment. The crystal bowl of punch were continuously refilled by the staff for the night. Glasses were orderly lined up beside it on the, yet, clean tablecloth. He let go of Sam's arm and filled up a glass for her and offered it over to her with a soft smile.

''My lady...'' he added before pouring himself a glass and raised to her in a toast.

''To a long and enjoyable night with a lot of dancing, then.'' he toasted and gave her just as an mischievious look as she had given him before.

While taking a sip of the punch and wrapping the other arm behind and around her slim waist, his green eyes took another glance out over the crowded and pleasantly buzzing ballroom.

''The Order is bigger than one might think of... You see anyone else you know? Are the young guns new apprentices of yours?'' he asked wondering.

It was big when seeing it on occasions like this. It seemed like all new faces were popping up at each event or mission, but of course that was a good thing. Hardly would anyone know everyone, and the variation of backgrounds and the lot gave strenght and prosperity to the Order. After all, he had not spent much time in the jedi halls until recently when things started to get serious between him and Sam.

[member="Samara Raine"]

[member="Jake Daniels"]

The line of her lips curved upwards as the origins of Rune's qualities came to light. Yes, she supposed she could see that - not that she knew Cerusia by any degree beyond the memories afforded her of her Master and the things left behind by the woman. Rune would have smiled quietly at those things as well.

Always such a quiet man.

It was this particular aspect of his nature that allowed them to coexist so well. Ereza had come to find that the absence man's subdued presence at the temple had been noticed, and not just by herself but by the other occupants as well. A curious revelation considering the other occupants were cold-blooded assassins. Sympathy of the blood, she dubbed it. They missed his scent - that of the Mal'ary'ush's line. She was still proving herself worthy of the title, even if their loyalty was already true.

A slow breath filtered through her lungs as Jake's mind and emotions lingered from the present to the past. Another habit of humans, she'd discovered, and one she doubted he would ever break. Ereza made no comment of it, finding it best to lead by example: by moving ahead instead of looking backwards.

"Your wisdom and experience in the position is most welcome," indeed, if it truly was his only holding qualification -- living to serve and guard -- then who was she to look a gift horse in the mouth? Not that she doubted he was highly qualified in other areas and skills.

"My cultural upbringing?" brows raised in humored disbelief. The woman blew her cheeks out, as if the thought of explaining a culture completely removed from anything he knew, lived by a people so different from his own kind that he and others struggled to understand them. That was a feat she was not sure could be overcome at a Prom for Jedi Younglings. "That is ... quite a lot to cover. I'm not certain there are enough Proms to attend to tell it all."

She chuckled, her smile broad enough to bear a flash of lethal, pointed teeth.

"The abridged edition, then -" another sip of water as he mulled where to start, what to tell, "I come from a noble family who held respect and power among my kind for as many generations as our late Master's. You speak of the intellect and entrepreneurial nature of Rune's ancestors ... imagine an entire culture of people just like that. A Silencia in every major House. Power and prestige are dangerous to have and are constantly in motion. My family's downfall came during the time of what you refer to as the 400 year darkness, after the plague ravaged our planet. I am the last of my line, and would have been cast out for the poor decisions of my Elders were it not for Silencia taking me in as a ward of her House. She raised me as one of her own, like the daughter she lost to the plague. After she returned to the galaxy, I was left to maintain her House in her stead. Being that my name held no more sway or value, I elected to become a Priestess; never to wed, never to bare children, never to keep power nor holdings. My purpose was and is still to serve House Shamalain as the Masenre sees fit. And so here I am."

I'd done something I'd not done in a very, very long time... I was wearing a dress and a pair of heels... There was a prom at the Silver rest... I felt so VERY out of place here... much as I may be able to dance with sabers and other assorted weaponry I wasn't too experienced in the realm of dates, let alone dances. Sneaking in through the balcony wasn't exactly how one was supposed to enter these kind of shindigs. Then again I'd always been a wildcard in The Order. Compacted sword sat strapped to my right thigh as my heels clicked against the cobblestones on the balcony. I caught the looks from several younger padawans as I'd hopped the balcony...oops. Oh well things frequently happened in unexpected ways. Who knew, with my luck the only person that'd show up to dance with me would be a shady underworld contact...

For the moment though I headed to the bar, I need some Corellian whisky...

As Coren winked, she returned the gesture with a bashful smile and a playful nudge. And, of course, she did rather like the sight of him in a suit – but she kept that compliment tucked away. While her interest and attention still remained on the younger pair, Celeste's watchful eyes flickered towards the entrance briefly.

Until she felt Coren's palm wrap around her own.

It was a surprise, to be sure, but a pleasant one. Celeste smiled and let him lead her on, heart pounding. Despite the fact that there was a subtle blush on her face, she gave a nod of greeting to [member="Isaiah Dashiell"] and [member="Magdalena Lethe"].

Guide. Hmm, that was somewhat familiar. [member="Coren Starchaser"] was a quite familiar figure... he probably did not need to provide an introduction, but she probably did. After all, she had not reached that level of fame.

“It's a pleasure to have you both here at Silver Rest,” She said, “I'm Celeste Rigel.”

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom