Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Splash of Freedom

rbLMI6.png
Wearing: Swimsuit | Sunblock | Giant Sunglasses​
Tags: [member="Gath"] | [member="Seren"]​
xHoMRD.png
It was not the voice of the man who had contacted her that came through next in the call, but the voice of something much more ancient, much more… inhuman. If anyone looked at the Kiffar woman in that moment, they would have seen nothing. Nothing of the woman who in that moment had a tiny ounce of worry flow through her, as she kept her appearance as it had been a moment ago. Calm. In the sun. Almost care-free yet still with an air of mysteriousness and seriousness. A bird indeed.

For a long time she had been working. Even prior to becoming the Minister of Secrets, even before joining the Confederacy. She had known all her life that when the call would come, she would answer to it, and thus had she been preparing for most of her life outside of Kiffar for this. So many tiny strings, connecting the most of unsuspecting individuals to each other through a long chain of actions and events that would leave them all baffled when the first domino had been flicked away like an annoying little fly.

"Yes," she answered, her voice still has detached of emotion of warmth as it had been moments ago.

So much time of careful planning, of using birds against their knowledge… Rhaina, once liberated from the clutches of her parents and tribe, had been taught that there was one thing above all – do not fail. And so, she did not.

"Do you have further instructions?" she asked, now giving off the smallest of smiles as she caught someone from the Citadel's staff looking at her and waving. Oh, to be social with these little ants. She loathed them. She loathed them all. And still, she waved back, her smile widening.

The next step in their glorious plan could not arrive soon enough.

The leader of the Red Ravens was relatively easy to spot, as droids had set up small pavillion on the side of pool and began to serve visitors with samples of edible delights from over a dozen worlds along their trade route. Alcohol flowed freely as tasteful music piped in from hidden speakers. The Dark Lord had chosen to take this opportunity to oil up and work on his tan as it were and enjoy the rare respite from pacifying the galaxy. His door was always open for anyone who needed his services, legal or otherwise.

Calixte Diantha

C
edB1rbc.png

Wearing: [xXx]

Tags: [member="Galaar Fett"]

-----------------------------------------------------------------

That smirk that was braced against the edge of the redhead's straw broadened just a tad, and a slender brow arched as she seemed to consider this question for a long moment before coming up with an answer. "I am definitely more susceptible, yes." she started, "Something about this nearly ivory skin that just draws the sun and it's harsh attention my way. I had it planned to go and get some sunscreen from one of the nearby stalls."

She then paused, and pulled the drink away from herself just enough to look at it. Cali's brow pulled down and she looked playfully confused as she gazed at it. "My plan initially was to go and get said sunscreen after I finished my drink. However," the cup was brought back so that she could get a drink from the straw again before continuing. "It just seems to keep magically refilling itself, and I'm not getting anywhere because of the fact."

Not that she was bothered by this in the least, obviously.

rbLMI6.png
Objective: Food! Please!
Tag(s): [member="Scherezade deWinter"]

“You know? I honestly can’t recall the last time I’ve genuinely had some time off,” he said, pausing momentarily and scratching the side of his head in a state of ponderance. “It seems lately that every time it looks like I’ll get a spare moment to simply sit back and relax, something else comes up that requires my attention.” He shrugged. It didn’t upset or frustrate him that he was always so busy. Hell, he actually enjoyed it at times. But then again, every now and again, one just needed that moment to take a step back and relax.

“Can I help you, sir?” The voice came gently from behind the counter - the cashier inquiring about his order.

Alden peered up at the menu, having not actually given it a proper glance over to this point. A lot of carnival-esque food options were available. Cotton candy. Hot Dogs. Deep fried, well, everything it seemed. But peculiarly enough, he eye wasn’t drawn to any of that, but instead, to the salt-cured ham biscuits. An interesting option for certain, but one that seemed to tickle his fancy at the moment. “I’ll take three of the ham biscuits and a large whole dairy.” He reached into a pocket and pulled a credit chit from it, paying for the items before returning it to his pocket again.

As the attendant turned to work the order, he returned his attention back to Scherezade. “You ought to ask for it without the bread next time,” he joked, calling back to when she had tossed it. “That way you don’t have to keep tossing it.” He gave a hearty chuckle and smile.

Just then the young woman had returned to the counter with his order and handed it over to him. “Here you are, Sir. Please, enjoy and have a great day.” She smiled a warm and tender smile.

“Thank you. You as well,” he replied before turning back to Scherezade, wasting no time at all digging into the first biscuit.

rbLMI6.png
Wearing: Dress | Pathfinder Boots | The Forgemaster's Ring | Ring of Stasis | Sofitor
Wielding: 2 Nozhi Blades | 1 Czerka knives | 1 Nastirci Combat Knives
Tags: [member="Alden Akaran"] | Free to join!

x7K6md.png

Scherezade gave him a crooked smile. She knew what it was like, to not being able to remember the last time you had some time off that you could do something with. She herself was also running from mission to mission more often than not, something that her wolf and duck showed signs of displeasure about. But there was no time to sit down. Other people wished for vacations. Scherezade mostly wished her heart to not beat with so much pain. It would've been a lie to say it was the way it had been in the months prior to her giving in. There were better days. Many of them. And yet still she could not catch that girl she was, the one she'd been before any of it happened.

She continued to eat from her not-a-sandwich Akaran made his own order. She listened quietly, noting what it was that he was taking. Large whole dairy? She didn't even know what that was, but her eyes keeps peering curiously while she chewed on. The ham biscuits had sounded nice because of the ham, but once she saw the amount of volume the biscuits took… It was sad, that so little was available without all that breading. She was jealous at those who could enjoy it.

"I did," she answered in between her bites, "Both times. They still gave it to me."

By the time Alden dug into his first biscuit, Scherezade was entirely finished with her own food. She eyed the bar for a moment, but then decided not to get a third. Maybe something more interesting would pop up later.

"So why are you here and not enjoying the water rides?" came her next question as she tucked her hands into the pockets of her dress, only now noting that there were a few grease stains on the bottom of it. Chit. She hoped no one would notice.

rbLMI6.png
[member=Seren]

Turmoil was so rampant in the little spiders mind that everything else became background noise. The sound of people chatting idly faded, the calls of the vendors selling their wares disappeared, the splash of the waterpark muted entirely. The only thing that reminded her it was all real, that she hadn’t simply dreamed it, was the sunlight glinting from the credits in the centre of her palm. Willow was left alone with her thoughts, and her thoughts refused to settle. They swirled in her mind like a heavy storm intent on leaving her battered and bruised, both mentally and physically.

Willow was no stranger to escaping. She’d escaped many times before, when the Wolf had first trapped her. He’d played an awfully cruel game during which Willow learned there was no escape. In the back of her mind she knew no matter how far she ran he would always be one step behind her, but this time was different. This time the credits could get her on a ship, and this was the capital of the Confederacy. So far Willow had attempted to keep track of the number of ships streaming to and from the city, but she’d lost count at twenty.

If she managed to make it as far as the port there would be someone willing to take her. It didn’t much matter where they were going, as long as it was far enough away from here. Escaping back in Hutt Space the only place she had to run was home, but now she had an entire sector at her fingertips. Further if she could make the credits stretch. If there was ever a chance for her to escape, to be free, it was now. She’d never had more of an opportunity. Without even putting thought to the action, Willow drew her eyes from the money in her hand to the bench she had just come from.

The crowd at the waterpark lazed passed, blocking her vision as they saw fit. In the gaps they left, Willow laid eyes on the Wolf, and he was staring back.

Conflict bubbled up in her chest, but not the conflict of action versus consequence. Instead it was something that even Willow herself couldn’t quite understand. When the Wolf stared back, when she made out the pitch black gaze that filled her with fear, she found some part of her didn’t want to leave. The reasons she gave herself were simple at first. Where would she go once the money ran out? Would she survive on petty theft alone? What would happen to her if he caught up again? Then, her mind wandered to the strangest thing.

If she left, she’d be all alone.

The thought made her brows furrow, though the expression went entirely unnoticed by its owner. Confusing though it seemed, it was true. The Wolf had seen to it that Willow had nobody left. Her family was out there somewhere, but they had sold her to a life of slavery and servitutde without even blinking. Even if Willow had some way to contact them, to find them again, would she even want too? Though she took no comfort or pleasure in the realisation, Willow could not ignore the fact. The Wolf was the only person Willow had. Through all his horrible misgivings, he took care of her. She was fed, watered, had a bed to sleep on and a roof over her head. If she left, not only would she lose all that, but the only thing she could see for her future was a life filled with loneliness.

Her internal debate had gone on so long it prompted the vendor to clear his throat loudly.

Willow almost jumped out of her skin. When she turned back to face him she found the words she formed made the decision for her. ‘Four, please.’ She gestured to the slowly grilling meats. ‘And one of those…’ A sharp nail tapped against the display window over a golden coloured pastry topped with a thin layer of chocolate and stuffed with thick, sweet cream. She couldn't tell if it was a reward for deciding not to run, or a poor attempt at buying something that might take away the sting of the lost oppertunity. Either way, the vendor grinned, nodded and began to pick out her order.

It wasn’t long before Willow picked her way back through the crowd toward the bench. As she paced she picked at one of her skewers, sinking her teeth into the juicy, charred morsel. The taste provided ample distraction from the regret that had taken root in the pit of her stomach the moment she’d handed the credits over. Whatever spices it was covered in made a stark difference to the plain ship rations the Wolf had been feeding her up to now. It was salty and spread a warm heat across her tongue, so tender it practically melted in her mouth.

By the time she reached the Wolf again she’d finished her first skewer and began to pick at the other. Approaching him, she unceremoniously dumped his own food and the change into his lap. 'Here.' Brown paper bag containing her sweet pastry tucked up under her arm, Willow turned and paced a little way away from him. Not far enough to cause him concern, but far enough to eat her meal in peace. She. The regret in the pit of her stomach had grown so deep it felt like a black hole, sucking away the desire to do anything at all, never mind sit and make awkward conversation with him. Despite the hate she felt for all that he’d done, Willow couldn’t find it in herself to be mad at him. Not for this.

After all, she alone had made the decision not to run, hadn’t she?

edB1rbc.png

Wearing: Shorts, Beach hat
Tags: [member="Calixte Diantha"]

zeRbhch.png

Galaar took a moment to glance at her drink, that had seemingly magically refilled yet again. Barely able to hide his teasing grin, the mandalorain gave a small shrug, instead turning to his own drink. Making a circle motion with his wrist, he watched as the liquid went around and around, chuckling to himself as Cali spoke a matter of factly about her drink. “well…the good thing about that drink of yours, it can be transported with you if you were planning on stretching out.” The grey haired man stood from his water seat, motioning toward the edge of the pool. “C’mon now, lets go get some protection for you. I’d hate to see you in pain because I kept you sitting too long.”

While he stood, Galaar made sure to reach over the bar, grab one of the smaller pagers that would allow him to call for the pair’s drinks to be refilled whenever they needed to be. And by how quickly they were both going through their shots, he didn’t anticipate it would be long until he was pressing the button. Thankfully, before coming to this planet there had been a contract that he had completed that allowed him to take home more credits than usual, meaning he got a slightly bigger cut and was still able to buy the monastery a new AA gun. Killing that rancor had ended up being worth it.

Fixing the hat on his head to dip a little lower to cover his eyes, he proceeded to wade his way over to the edge of the bathing pool, looking for a sunscreen vender as he did so. Taking a step onto the concrete, Galaar turned, offering a hand to help the red haired, gorgeous woman out of the pool. “Coming, ma’am?”

zeRbhch.png

Calixte Diantha

C
edB1rbc.png

Wearing: [xXx]

Tags: [member="Galaar Fett"]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The redhead let out a mock gasp of surprise, and her free hand lifted so that she could press it against her chest as her feigned shocked expression shifted to the drink in her other hand. "Can it be?" she questioned about the drink being able to be transported. "Who'd have ever thought such a thing was possible?"

The playfully surprised expression melted into an amused smirk and her gaze found Galaar once again. "I hadn't expected to have more than the one drink, is all I was saying." she stated matter of fact like, then slid smoothly from her chair and into the waters her feet had only been dangling in before. The cool water was a definite contrast to the hot sun that made Calixte shudder, but it felt good. However the coolness of the water made her hyper aware of the heat that had bled into her skin and was threatening to stain it with red burn.

And that motivated her even further to follow her male companion. Though she did pause at his "ma'am" comment, and she loft a brow. "Yeah, yeah. Might wanna slow down there, grandpa. You'll break a hip if you're not careful." If he wanted to tease, she could give as much as she got.

It's one of life's mysteries, sir...
6WzWCT7.png

Wearing: Navy blue bikini
Nearby tags: Kat Decoria, anyone else feel free to join!​

''Kashyyyk? You're with the Silver Jedi?'' she followed up with interest in the younger womans statement, having picked up the Confederacy's general connections with the Silver's.

Another sip of the cocktail, gently moving her free arm around the water and with the sun spoiling them all it was pretty much like a mini vacation. Kathy let a relaxed gaze sweep over some new guests in the pool and around the bar before turning her full attention back to the woman who apparently were an auntie.

''I can imagine she would be! It's realy a paradise for both kids and adults!'' she stated with a bright smile before continuing. ''Is it your brother or sister that has her?''

She awaited the womans answer and then offered her a hand for presentation.

''I'm Kathryn, by the way. Kathy works just fine too.'' she said with a smile.

[member="Kat Decoria"]

edB1rbc.png

Wearing: Swimsuit borrowed from the pink lady
Mental state: Relaxed
Tags: [member="Cali Ziiva"]

8wDTtQq.png

Cali’s face got very close, very quickly, and practically sent the poor miraluka’s face reeling back as quickly as possible. But no matter how far she moved backward, the Zeltron followed, until she finally felt her back press up against the chair, leaving her no where to run, no where to hide from the pink shark. Her eyes gazed into the other woman’s, swallowing lightly, as she desperately attempted to keep her blush down. Sure, she was turning a little bit red, but she was more comfortable with this alien more than most. That being said, she was very close to Xobos at the moment.

However, she was happy that the woman moved back slightly, giggling at the fact that Cali had turned so commanding so quickly. “Geez Cali, I didn’t know you were so pushy.” She teased, though the orders that she soon received about the orders about how she was supposed to lay out for the woman to put her sunscreen on, she couldn’t help but think that what she just said applied in this situation as well.

Her head turned in both directions, gazing around to see if anyone, anyone at all was anyone near the pair. Turning back to Cali, who honestly didn’t look like she was going to take no for an answer, she sighed, smiling lightly and nodding. The miraluka grabbed one of the folded up blankets from the base of Cali’s chair, quickly laying it out on her own. “Can’t be uncomfortable while we do this, can i?”

With that, she laid out on her blanket, shrugging the straps of her swimsuit off. Turning her head to look at her friend, kicking her feet back and forth while doing so, “That’s as much skin as I’m showing, Cali. Work with whatcha got.” She teased, sticking her tongue out at the Zeltron.

8wDTtQq.png

edB1rbc.png

Wearing: Monokini Bandage Swimsuit
Tags: [member="Xobos Yakieer"]

"I'm not pushy," Cali replied as she stared at the Miraluka, bottle in hand. "I just know what my Xobos needs." And that was sunscreen! Ooh, how could the woman be so stubborn sometimes. The Zeltron was starting to think it was a personality quirk; let maybe her Sith Acolyte partner was used to a commanding hand guiding her. Yes, she'd blame the naughty Sith Lord and his crazy training antics on that. Well, whatever it took Xobos was not turning into as red as a Sith lightsaber long as Cali was there.

The Zeltron's smile widened when Xobos retrieved a blanket. "Mmm! Good idea." Cause there really wasn't any reason her friend had to be uncomfortable. Actually that was kind of antithetical to everything Cali believed in! Comfort was crazy important. You couldn't relax tensed up, right?

With a pink 'o' formed by her lips, Cali gazed down at the cheeky Miraluka. All the skin she was showing? Cali didn't remember asking the pretty thing to strip and parade about or anything. With a slight shrug and a smile, the Zeltron let it slid as she poured out a bit of sunscreen in the palm of her hand. After a quick lather, the insistent caretaker leaned forward and over Xobos to began with the woman's neck and shoulders.

Slick fingers pressed into the Acolyte's flesh. As the sunscreen was slowly spread across her skin, Cali practiced a gentle but probing massage of Xobos' muscles. Just how tense and abused had she gotten from her endless toil? A deeper massage might be needed to break some knots loose and let Xobos experience true relaxation here under the sun and spray of water around them.

Every now and then contact was broken to retrieve a little more sunscreen, but aside from that Cali continued her work tirelessly. Her eyes were fixed on Xobos' body where her fingers probed. Massages were serious business. Plus it made a Zeltron happy, if a massage made its recipient happy, so she was totally invested in it being the bestest ever. Her work continued down the Miraluka's shoulders, then to the arms, the mid and lower back... There'd probably be concern as she got closer to the woman's rump, so Cali would sigh and skip over what wasn't exposed to the sunlight (and a little under the lip in case of movement) before finishing with the legs and feet.

"All done," Cali cheered. "Now for the front."

rbLMI6.png
Accompanying: [member="Willow Fae"]

The succulent aroma reached him first.

Though the accommodations present during such events were typically terrible for one's insides, they carried with them a delicious scent that always made the Wolf's mouth water. The smell was enough to put the Wolf in a far better mood than he was in currently - for matters of the Crucible were usually the furthest thing from pleasant. However, Seren remained with his own comm muted when the fiery-haired woman made her return. The food and change was, for lack of a better word, dumped into his lap.

But given the circumstances, the Wolf could not blame her. She then turned and strode off to eat her own meal - and it was not lost upon him that she had procured for herself something that smelled sweet and not one for him. A light chuckle escaped him at the thought whilst he took a skewer into his mouth. AH, the grease laiden meat was a paradise in its own right. And it far outpaced the rations aboard his personal vessel by leaps and bounds. Moreover...Seren couldn't help but think of the last time he had one such snack.

It was years and years ago, when he was far younger than even Willow. Back when he was but a fresh-faced lad with not a care in the world. There was a traveling carnival that had graced his homeworld, and his tyrant of a sire had seen fit to allow him to attend. With pocketfuls of credits, he fondly recalled Katrine holding his hand and walking with him from stall to stall. They ate so much trash that day that their stomachs ached by the end of it. The Wolf shook his head at the memory, smiling.

And upon looking up, wondered if the young woman was thinking of the same. He had, after all, taken her from the fond memories of home - it was all she had at this point. The snack turned sour on his tongue. Seren pushed himself up from the bench and adjusted his grip on his food so that nothing would fall. The change, initially, joined his pocket full of credits as well before he strode over to join the young woman. "You've good taste." he admonished briefly. He then took a sweeping look about the event, debating upon what was worth doing whilst the call went on.

What caught the Wolf's eye was not the wave pool or the souvenir stalls - but rather the ingenuity of the Confederacy's water usage. They had built what appeared to be an Atrisian hot spring off to the side of the park. Moreover, massage tables and other such spa-like fixtures formed a semi-circle about the warm waters. The Wolf was suddenly reminded of the stiffness in his lower back before thrusting his chin in the direction of the spa. "You ever been to one of those before?" His question was punctuated by a solid bite of his skewer. He then returned his hand to the pocket of credits and fished out another handful.

"Sounds like it'd be fun - but I'll leave it up to you. What's next, Little Spider?"

edB1rbc.png

Wearing: Shorts, Beach hat
Tags: [member="Calixte Diantha"]

zeRbhch.png

Her playfully shocked expectation had him chuckling and nodding toward her glass. “It’s magical, ain’t it? The ability to transported so easily while keeping your drink cold. Who would have thought the technology would have advanced so far in your time.” She wasn’t the only one who could be playfully sarcastic, though Galaar was two shots of whisky in, so perhaps he was a bit looser than he typically otherwise would be. Or, just maybe, it was the company that was making him loose up. Cali did seem to have that sort of effect on people, or at least that’s what he had observed.
\
The grandpa comment caught him off guard, but he was in too good of a mood to be swayed by it whatsoever. Smirking lightly, he shrugged, making an exaggerated show of patting his hip with a laugh. “Oh, you’re probably right. Why, I just had surgery on it this week.” A playful look of confusion came over his face as he slowly glanced to his other hip, murmuring to himself, loud enough for Cali to easily hear. “Or was it this hip….this darned old man memory of mine.” He looked back up at her with a shrug, smirk still plastering the edges of his lips.

It didn’t take long to find the nearest sunscreen cart, since they’re were plenty around the park. They must be raking in the credits too. Perhaps that would better to make credits doing than working bounty hunters jobs. Might be safer too, though being out in the sun all day was certainly not high on his bucketlist. Regardless, he made sure to be in front of Cali, buying one of the highest protective sunscreens that they had, tossing the vender a few credits before turning back to the redhead. “Now, I promise I’m not trying to buy your time or affection, I just don’t want to see a beauty such as yourself with skin as red as your hair.” His words had a small bit of sarcasm behind them, but the sincerity was there obviously enough.

zeRbhch.png

if they're watching anyways
The teenager giggled lightly at her father's jab. She supposed it didn't matter who won so long as the end result was the same -- she wanted to help people, so there was no contest on what prize she'd pick. Part of her wondered for a moment what her father would pick if he won, but she pushed that thought away. Kindness could be hereditary, right?

A little competition wouldn't hurt, though. Maybe this was what having a dad was like. Auteme listened and quickly mapped the controls of the little wheeled vehicle. It felt almost ancient. She'd feel safer in a repulsorcraft. She didn't show it, though, shooting a grin at her father. "You can't keep up with me and you know it!" Even if she lost... not like Josiah had many dishes to do. Auteme didn't have many either.

Helmet on, seatbelt strapped, feet on the pedals, hands on the wheel. Red, yellow, green, go! The little car sped off, for the moment right beside the other Jedi's, but Auteme was on the inside for the first turn and pulled slightly ahead.

Maybe she'd win. Not just for the water.

[member="Josiah"]

rbLMI6.png
Objective: Enjoy the Park

“Well,” he said with a pause, mulling over the woman’s question, “I’d rather just the green offered by trees and nature. Sure the water park would be exhilarating to say the least, but I just wanted to have a calm and relaxing evening.” It was a bit wordy of an answer, but it was the truth and it wouldn’t be denied. His laugh was so fast paced these days that sometimes it just seemed better to take the time to take a step back and relax for awhile. In all honesty, he had actually considered simply taking the day to nap and keep to himself, but figured it best to spend time down on the surface. Even if he didn’t enjoy Geonosis overall because of its heat and rather bleak nature outside Golba City.

He bit into his second biscuit now, savoring the taste after taking a swig of his large beverage. It was all so satisfying as the flavors erupted across his taste buds. He went as far as to let out a short ‘Ah’ indicating his satisfaction with his purchase. The biscuit was flakey and fresh, and the salt-cured ham seared to perfection.

As the woman tucked her hands into the makeshift pockets of her dress, Alden caught a glance of the few grease stains that had appeared, but didn’t mention anything about it. There was nothing good that would come of bringing such a thing up. And it would likely make Scherezade uncomfortable or embarrassed which was entirely something he did not want.

After a moment more, he spoke again to her. “What about you? Why choose the Park here over the Water Slides or even the Go Karts?”

rbLMI6.png
Wearing: Dress | Pathfinder Boots | The Forgemaster's Ring | Ring of Stasis | Sofitor

x7K6md.png

Calm and relaxing evening. Scherezade did what she could to avoid snorting in response to that. While they weren't on any official mission at the moment, this was still a Confederate event. Actual relaxation was rarely on the menu. Something bad always had to happen. And it was rarely bad of the tangible kind. How many of these events had she left with tears or heaviness in her heart and gut? Too many.

Deciding against more food anyway, the Sithling simply gave him a shrug.

"I'd win at go-karts," she said, looking down as the two continued to talk, "But I don't feel like dealing with the stares I'm going to get when I do it, and I don't like losing on purpose. And there's a lot of people at the water slides, all grouped up and with friends and stuff and…"

That was basically the gist of it. Choose between being made to feel bad about winning, or hanging around where everyone else would be grouped and she'd be with the biting loneliness of the entire thing.

"The park seemed like a safe choice."

“You sure about that? How do you know I or someone else would not beat you?” Alden let loose a hearty chuckle again about her boast to being able to win at go karts if she ever decided to do it. It was quite the boast to be certain. Especially coming from someone who just moments earlier couldn’t beat a simple game. But that wasn’t to say he didn’t understand where she was coming from. He shared her feelings about the water park and sometimes he, himself, needed a moment away from larger crowds; he was often by them, himself.

He bit into his final biscuit now, taking a gulp of his beverage just before. “You can get beat,” he said, “I bet I could beat you if I were in the mood for it.” He paused, taking a moment to wipe a few crumbs from his face with a free hand. “Tell you what . . . I’ll beat you in a race the next time. Just one on one. You verse me. That way you can’t make up an excuse about other racers getting in your way win you lose.”

rbLMI6.png

x7K6md.png

"Because I always win those things," Scherezade replied with a shrug. It was true. Losing to her when it came to physical things was incredibly rare, and when it came to vehicles… She was great when it was planet-side stuff. In a naval competition, where the ring was the vastness of space, that was where she had issues, where things were hard. [member="Kathryn Foster"] had taught her how to pillow better and she'd advanced heaps and leaps by thanks to that woman, but she wasn't going to win any space races in the foreseeable future.

And still, Akaran seemed to be certain he could beat her. "Sure," she relented with a little smile. One on one. That meant that at least some foul stares would be contained. Especially if they could choose a time at which the audience was more likely to be mostly gone. "I'm still going to win though," she added with a wide grin, some of the playfulness returning to her. "Loser buys the other dinner?"

When it came to the Denko household, doing the most good was the foundation of their family. For Mara, pouring weeks and months into researching medicine saved lives. For Josiah, raising the saber to defend the helpless saved lives. And now, their daughter Auteme healed broken lives. For them, it went without saying that - should a Denko win the race - those with no water would find themselves blessed quite handsomely. But, in the moment, Josiah wanted to win for a different reason.

When the light blared green, the Jedi slammed his foot onto the pedal. His cart zoomed off at that sluggish pace that was far outstripped by even the most busted speeder. But, it would have to do. His daughter was lucky - the starting line up had positioned her cart so that the inside turn was on her side. She managed to sneak slightly ahead - and she would remain there for the majority of the first lap. However, as their carts ascended up the ramp and down, Josiah managed to squeeze past on the final turn.

The first lap was his, there were only two more to go!

[member="Auteme Denko-Durren"]

rbLMI6.png
[member=Seren]

The pastry had not tasted as sweet as Willow had expected. Each bite she took was laced with the bitter taste of regret, but she forced it all down anyway. Buying it had been a silent protest to the part of her that forced her to stay, so she would honour it. Even if it did taste like defeat. By the time she reached the last bite she was certain she could hear the crunch of desert dust underfoot in her ears, but she refused to turn and acknowledge them.

Her legs tucked up against her chest, Willow didn’t even grace him with a glance. ‘It was just meat.’ She replied numbly. If he had intended it to be a compliment, the young Vahla was not in the mind to accept it as such. For the Wolf and the Spider to converse beyond him giving her brief commands, this was entirely out of the norm. It made her feel… uncomfortable. With silence much preferred to forced conversation at this point, Willow kept her attention trained on the crowds that swelled in the park.

The tut she made at his question did not leave her lips, but it echoed around in her head for a long, long time. ‘I don’t even know what it is.’ Eventually, curiosity got the best of her, and she risked casting her lavender gaze upon the Wolf’s face. At first she was rather taken aback by what she found written there. A soft smile that hinted at a past, that hinted at a mortal soul hidden behind dark intentions. Willow let a soft sigh escape her lips. Once again, she had fought herself on the idea that the Wolf was her only comfort in this Galaxy, and once again she had lost.

With a gentle grunt she rose from the ground, dusting the supple leathers off with the flat of her palms. ‘I have no idea what else there is to do here, so I guess the sauna would be good.’ Her lithe arms folded across her chest, drawing her impossibly small frame up even smaller. ‘Lead the way.’

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom