Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Plentiful Harvest [Festival - SJO, ALLIES]

The blue-patterned U-wing stood parked just outside town, at a temporary landing area for visiting ships. Dress it up or dress it down, that was the question. After all, it was a fall farm festival so anything would do, if you didn't intend to meet someone that is. Were there one good person at this that had served in the military for almost the whole life? Right now, he didn't think so. You never realy got to get used to civilian clothing when you lived almost whole your life in battle fatigues and armor. A pair of dark brown boots, fairly farmy style, black slim-fit pants, a dark brown leather belt matching the boots... No gun, for once. But the top? A not too dressed shirt would do the trick. Of the ones he brought from Kashyyyk, he decided on a black and blue checkered one. Done!

He grabbed his waist-short navy colored jacket before jumping off and out of the ship the short distance to the ground. The air was still comfortable not to wear it, so he hang it over his shoulder before strolling off to the town square. Searching one of the pockets of the jacket, he brought out the comlink to check where she was.

''How are we doin', Sam? Ready to go?'' he sent to her, smiling slightly. It had been a while since last time they saw each other, occasions like this were rare but welcome leisure time for both the Rangers and the jedi.

[member="Samara Raine"]

Jason turned to stare at [member="Scherezade deWinter"] with a big piece of the corn he'd bit off in his mouth. He flashed her the biggest, cheekiest grin with his teeth covered in corn. He was so much like his father it was uncanny. Well, he was a messier version anyway. "Uh huh!" Jason responded to Maddy's question as Josh and Jason would each finish their share of the food before Josh would pick Jason up again, not wanting him to get lost in the crowd. "Why don't we see if we can find anyone that we recognize? Or even just look for dessert" Josh would suggest toward the two of them as he would take Madalena's arm as they headed through the crowds.

It wasn't long before they found something of interest though. [member="Jyoti Nooran"] with a whole large bag of candy, being mobbed by children, including [member="Charlie Nooran"] and to his surprise, his friend [member="Coryth Elaris"] which got a smile from the Jedi Master. Coryth coming to a public event? No way. That was unheard of. Something had changed, and it made him curious.

"Coryth!" Josh chirped as he would approach, greeting Coryth warmly. "What a surprise! Good to see you here!"

He placed a hand on the head of [member="Charlie Nooran"] in greeting, giving her a smile before looking toward Jyoti, then toward Jason.

"Jason, if you tell her trick or treat, you might get some of that candy" Josh would inform Jason, who had spent much of the time staring at the bag. Jason would gasp at the revelation, as he would look to Jyoti then. Despite her face looking different due to the zombie makeup, the child seemed able to recognize Jyoti immediately, and the way his face lit up when he looked at his regular babysitter told that.

"Tri... Trick er treat!"

Silver Starlight

S
Ms. Martha drew yet another ticket, this time it was number 42. After preparing the prize, she wrote the number on the blackboard and hoped that the winner would be pleased. With a satisfied sigh, she had a seat to enjoy a cup of steaming apple cider.
[The winner is number 42: [member="Syd Celsius"]]
Upon claiming the prize, each winner will receive a loot-filled pumpkin -- with a ticket to claim this.

Hand in Josh’s, Madalena followed Josh and Jason as they made their way into the crowd. She would never had recognized the Jedi Grand Poobah through that make up, but Madalena had the feel of the woman through the Force firmly in her mind, making recognition ever so easier.

“You look great, Grand Poobah,” Madalena said with a huge smile. Looking at the other person, Madalena nodded with another smile.

It seemed the Silvers had all joined up together to celebrate. It was good ol’ fun. Usually the celebrations she went to included people dying and things breaking. It was a refreshing break, and she was sure she’d be on her best behavior to ensure relations between the Silvers and the CIS didn’t go sour.

“How many sweets are you planning on giving him before he goes all hyper?” Madalena asked Josh with a grin.

[member="Josh DragonsFlame"] [member="Jyoti Nooran"] [member="Charlie Nooran"] [member="Coryth Elaris"]

With so many younglings and even a few adults thrown into the mix quite a crowd was growing, enough to make the redheaded master a hair anxious. This kind of crowd thing she didn't do very often and in some ways make her a touch uncomfortable. She tugged slightly at one of the cuffs of her sweater to try and dispell some of that nervous energy.

Though her attention was soon drawn away from those thoughts and the crowd of youngsters coming back to Jyoti. Seeing the candy bar, Coryth just grinned, her eyes actually sparkling a rare occurrence for certain. "Firecracker, you couldn't have found a better candy bar for me if you tried!" She replied joyfully. The bright red hair, her personality, seemingly harmless at first glance but with the right spark, more than a hair dangerous. Situation depending naturally. Most of the time she was as kind and gentle as one could possibly be, possibly a little too much so. But she certainly had her "firecracker" moments.

"And yes I am so far enjoying it, though its a little strange if I must say. Not quite used to it, but so far its been wonderful." She replied to Jyoti. "I'm still just learning names, and becoming familiar with all that has changed within the Order. I think it will just take some time. I'm not quite sure how I fit into the Silvers just yet but I'll get there."

Coryth did give the smallest of bows in return to Samka before an ever familiar voice rose above the voices and noise of the little ones around them. "Josh!" She said as she turned slightly towards him. "See I told you I do get out of my hermit shell ... Once in a while... " It had in fact been years since she last attended anything even remotely like this... Quite a few years since she had last done so, not that she would openly admit to that. "How are you?"

[member="Scherezade deWinter"] [member="Josh DragonsFlame"] [member="Jyoti Nooran"]

Syd was just about to ask [member="Wu Yeoh-Mei"] a question when she heard her name called out by a prize giver.

This being the first time she had ever won a prize, she was a bit stunned an uncertain what exactly she would be able to do with her prize. So she went up to Miss Martha and claimed it, but not before excusing herself to claim a pumpkin filled with loot. Shiny baubles, candy, neither of which she had any use for...

Except maybe the coupon...

Syd stared, not quite believing what she was reading, but after a moment she got a small smile on her face.

"I was a little on the fence about this whole 'futuristic culture' thing but I must say...I'm rather fond of it now...they certainly were not giving out tickets for free handguns in my day..."

She walked back to Wu.

"Free gun ticket...too bad I'm a terrible shot...with guns that is...give me a long bow or a crossbow...I'm magic..."

She stopped, realizing she had made a slip of the tongue.

"Have you been with the Silver Jedi a long time?" she asked, changing the subject.

[member="Syd Celsius"]

Wu was looking at her when her name was called and there was a look before the woman went up and was speaking. It gave her a few moments to think about what she was going to make a conversation about or something. Syd was coming back and asking a question after she commented about her gun draw and... well there were some bows that the jedi had made. "If you ask the artisan's I am certain they could manage to make you a bow that would be able to work to your specifications." A grin on her face but she thought about the question for herself.. she had been in the galaxy with the Jin diplomats for awhile but she was surprised she had stuck around with the silver jedi.. they were just that much more interesting to stick around with. "A few years now, after my planet stated to use hyperdrives and ships we met with them and the republic for diplomatic ties."

Ciana Teigra

C
5i8QAa2.png

"Doctor Ye...is that you?" asked a soft female voice from behind.

Ciana then came around to face the tall costumed figure, giving him a quizzical expression. Never in a zillion years had she ever expected to see Science Man in such a comical appearance - the netherworld had frozen over. By contrast, Ciana wore no such silly things, casually dressed in the style of a chic Coreworlder that she was. However, her cheeks were both plastered with large temp tattoos in the form of bright orange pumpkins.

"Why, it is you! I see you got into the holiday spirit!" She exclaimed with a giggle, reaching up to flick one of his poofy white ears. "I was beginning to wonder if anything could peel you away from the lab."

[member="Hyonu Ye"]

5i8QAa2.png
[member="Ciana Teigra"] [member="Coryth Elaris"] [member="Scherezade deWinter"] [member="Jyoti Nooran"] [member="Charlie Nooran"] [member="Josh DragonsFlame"] [member="Finley Dawson"]​
~ ~ ~ ~ ~​
So many had gathered in the town square, and as-was common for the blonde Jedi, she found herself growing quiet.. finishing off the candy bar given to her by Jyoti. As the Echani Grandmaster was approached (nigh, mobbed) by the crowd, Drystan offered a smile before slipping easily away.​
Blending into the crowd of children and families, she followed the crush toward the big pumpkin, taking a few moments to lean against the wooden fence-line and admire the sight. She couldn't help but laugh at the excited humm which surrounded the area as children of all ages played. Nearby, the pumpkin patch seemed quite busy, and the Jedi felt herself drawn there... so, she went.​
Perhaps to carve a pumpkin.​

5i8QAa2.png

A voice chimed into his ears and he blinked, was [member="Ciana Teigra"] a being that showed up when you thought of her? Was she a witch from the fantasy tales he often found himself lost in and role-playing? A gasp and his pawed hand covered his mouth, until he finally turned around and came face to face with the woman. Alas, she had not worn a costume, but he could appreciate the tattoos on her face. Ciana seemed to be a woman of style and the Doctor mused wondering what other sorts of clothing she wore.

It seemed he had missed him beating himself in the face from thinking about her, which was a good thing. If she had she probably would have been laughing at that instead of his costume. A smile crossed his face as she reached up to flick one of the soft fluffy ears of his bear costume. His pawed hands rose up to cup his face as he blinked and smiled with he cutest smile he could muster. “It is me, Hyonu Ye!” Holding the well-practiced pose, he batted his eyes rapidly towards the Kiribian woman. A soft chuckle and the broke into a small dance kicking his feet slightly and then wiggling his tailed butt.

A couple of younglings passed, and he handed off the rest of the balloons. “I love this time of year.” A pawed hand touched his chest as he nodded with affirmation. “I never miss it, even if my research will one day save the galaxy.” There was a hint of his typical arrogance mixed in with the playful tone. The smile, which didn’t look like the painful grin he gave her usually, never faded as he finished. “I am surprised to see you as well, Dr—” Pausing, he remembered they weren’t in a professional setting – they were having fun.

“Ciana, I’m happy to see you. Is it okay if I call you Ciana? You can call me Hyonu.”

Ravenfire

King of Pumpkins
Rexy_divider.png

Tom looked around from under his hood sighing waiting for this man too appear. He watched as many people won awards. Surprisingly no one had won his yet. Perhaps someone would eventually or maybe not, depended on who was pulled up next. He finally saw the man in a teddy bear suit. He was strangely holding balloons. As Tom approached it looked like the man suddenly had a female speaking to him.

He watched the two interact for a second. He wondered whether he would destroy the moment if he approached, he could see some form of connection between them but couldn't tell if it was for better or for worse. He wished his aunty had come along, he could have used her advice and movement on this. After all this was her master and she would know more. He stood watching the two covered in his hood still waiting for the right moment to approach them even if it never came.

[member="Hyonu Ye"], [member="Ciana Teigra"]
Rexy_divider.png

When it raines, it pours.
tMpK0m3.png
[member="Tyrell Caphey"]​
A pair of sea green eyes watched with quiet amusement as a game of wickerball played out in a field near the barn as the honey blonde sat on a hay bale in the spectator section sipping on a spiced apple cider. On Balmark this was the game of fall for its people. Hoots and hollers for the players were celebrated as the 'Golden Cob' was tossed into one of the farm baskets. In all it was a joyous event and made the trials and tribulations of the Jedi Healer as of late ease.

Samara adjusted the jean jacket that was laid across her lap. She had brought it to wear over her outfit when the sun went down later and the night chill set in. A burnt orange, long tunic was worn with a pair of jeans tucked into knee high leather boots. It made the Liann feel quite festive fitting in with the seasonal colors of autumn; one of her favorite times of the year.

A buzz drew her attention as the Knight's comlink went off in her bag. Digging the personal communication device out, there was a message from a certain Antarian Ranger. They hadn't seen each other... well for some time now; their respective duties for the Silver Jedi taking them in opposite directions. Were the two a couple? Not officially, but it seemed things were leaning that way. Whether that was a good thing or bad, time would only tell.

A smile widened on the Jedi's youthful face as she texted back to the Tarisian:

"Lol We are doing fine, Ty... Come find me at the red barn. Watching the wickerball game just outside. Can't wait to see you!"

Aryn Teth

The Town Square, Balamak, Taldot Sector, The Mid Rim
Interacting With: [member="Srina Talon"]
These were the crowds that Aryn was pleased to be apart of these days. Enough time had passed by now that Aryn had finally begun to experience the sort of anonymity he hoped for. No more were there questions to him about the old Galactic Alliance, gone were the queries about what he would do after. Finally, it seemed like the galaxy had finally settled upon accepting the idea that nothing was exactly what Aryn had been doing, and for the foreseeable future, was what he had planned to keep doing. I meant that, instead of constantly worrying about the interactions he might have with some of the familiar faces at an event like this one, Aryn could simply enjoy the company of [member="Srina Talon"] instead, his hand linked with hers as she gazed over the cart of the candle vendor.

She seemed, outwardly, and certainly to anyone else that might have seen her, cold, icy even, but Aryn knew the truth of her. He could feel the truth radiating between them and through their bond, while he was content to be more outward and open with his feelings and expressions, she was a shadow, concealing those same things. His gaze shifted down towards her as she questioned him, responding with only a gentle smile and the slightest hint of a nod. His mind was not elsewhere as it always was, not lingering on some nagging thought at the back of his mind or some future endeavour. Instead, he simply lingered on his enjoyment of her company.

As she moved the candle up towards him, he inclined his head to draw in the scent with a warm smile, fingers curling tighter around her own for a moment to give her hand a gentle squeeze. "Did you want to buy a few? They might be nice around the house." He mused with a smile as he watched her, eyes locking onto her own as he simply lingered upon her, his mind seeming to forget about everything else around them as he enjoyed just this brief moment. Her company was something that he had come to miss in even greater amounts whenever they were forced apart, and so he had no intention of letting any moment of their outing go to waste.

While Dus had spooked a person or two, he hadn't spooked anyone but her quite that bad. The reveal of her being a noble made this even more amusing to Dusaro, for various reasons. Honsetly he was actually a bit surprised to see someone who was Royalty at such a place at all if he was being honest. Though most of what he knew of Nobles came from the Tapani sector, perhaps they were just a bad example.

"Hah, please forgive the surprise My Lady." He said, pulling off what was, surprisingly enough a proper and fairly elegant bow. If she knew a reasonable amount of royal etiquette of other places and systems, she might be able to recognize it as being relatively unique to the Tapani sector.

"Farm? Hah, never done that before. I am a Jedi and no, i don't come from here. I suppose i 'come' from Kashyyyk, as part of the Silver Jedi and that being our main 'base' and all. But really, i myself come from my ship the New Avalon. Where i was born and raised all my life. Don't call any one particular planet home." Dusaro admitted with a light shrug, taking a look at the candy stall. Dusaro looked over at the candy stalls, he was not one to gorge on sweets but Dus did like them from time to time.

"Care for some?" Dusaro asked in spite of seeing the wrinkled expression on her face. He was a bit curious, testing peoples limits was, while not a habit of his, something he tended to do.

[member="Seva Geroux"]

The text got him to smile widely, always joyous Sam. He liked seeing her that way and it seemed to spread so easily from her to others. ''Great! I'll be right there!'' he texted her back on the go. They had not seen eachother since the unexpected and sudden mission on Tarhassan, hopefully a stray spaceship wouldn't interupt the festivities this time!

Upon entering the townsquare, he thought it was rather impressive what the townfolk on a rural planet like Balamak could achieve in terms of festivities and decorations. The planet itself was in stark constrast to Taris, his homeplanet, or even Kashyyyk. The hard labor to supply a whole sector of argicultural resources was almost unthinkable, but for this holiday the people could rest and participate in the festivities. People seemed to enjoy themselves very well.

He stopped by the barn to grab a drink, a bottle of spiced apple cider, before going out again and around the corner to the wickerball game field. Walking up behind Sam, for that surprise moment, and nudging her on the shoulder.

''Hey, long time no see! How have my favourite jedi healer been?'' he said and offered her a warm smile. A quick and courteously glance at her chosen attire. ''Wow... You look fantastic! As always.'' he complemented and glanced back into those sear green orbs or hers.

[member="Samara Raine"]

Silver Starlight

S
5i8QAa2.png
"Gather 'round! It's time to announce the winner of our costume contest! We had a great turn out this year. I have to say, I'm surprised to see the results, but pleasantly so. Will the festival goer dressed as a white bear [[member="Hyonu Ye"]] please come visit us here at the main stage to collect your fabulous prize? At your convenience, of course!"

The announcer paused for a moment and looked over his shoulder, Ms. Martha was standing there with a smile.

"And, Ms. Martha has asked that I award the very last raffle prize. Let's see, here... number 54 [[member="Rick Kaloo"]]! We have a spectacular prize for you. This concludes this year's official festivities, but please continue to enjoy yourselves at the Festival!"

tMpK0m3.png
Another buzz brought Samara's attention back to the comlink still held within her hands. Tyrell was on his way per his texted reply. Butterflies fluttered in the her stomach at the thought of seeing the Antarian Ranger medic again. They always seemed to enjoy each other's company whether all business or casual. The Jedi Healer was glad this time it was the latter. It was healthy for everyone to take some time for themselves now and then away from the stresses of work. This was the perfect time and place to do just that.

Taking a deep breath to center herself in the Force, Samara waited patiently for the Tarisian to show himself; keeping her green gaze upon the wickerball game ahead, though the man's alluring aura in the Force was hard to ignore as he grew closer. The honey blonde bit the inside of her lip to keep herself from spoiling Tyrell's surprise moment as he walked up from behind.

Samara turned her golden head after the gentle nudge and flashed a warm smile back at the dark-haired ranger with measured excitement. Like always, his compliment made her blush.

"Why thank you, Ty... I've been well," she replied, then the Jedi moved over and patted the spot next to her on the hay bale.

"How about you? Oh and you don't look too bad yourself."

''Good, good...'' was all he could muster up when meeting the gaze of hers and her light sweet blushing. While taking the seat offered by her on the hay bale, he stroked her once gently over the shoulder and through a strand of her hair.

''I'm good! Oh, well... I try my best when I'm about to meet up with important folks...'' he said and flashed her a smile before taking a sip of the spiced apple cider.

''it's great to see you again, Sam. It must have been on Tarhassan we last met...?'' he asked rethoricaly. ''A little while ago... But we sure did good back there. Thinking about that stuff we talked about you teaming up with us on a mission or two; I'd say it were as chaotic as it could be in a combat situation, except the lack of blaster fire above your head...'' he continued. The last thing he wanted to do was exposing her to that kind of danger the Rangers took on for the Order. He didn't doubt her abilities at all, though. She could handle that lightsaber of hers pretty well, but it was a fact that they had grown closer to each other and with that came such feelings.

''So, I haven't done my homework about wicker ball. What's the deal here?''

[member="Samara Raine"]

tMpK0m3.png
"Yes, it was on Tarhassan where we last met up," Sam smiled back with fondness, then added. "I was pleased how things turned out... I mean, it seems the Force was with us that day in placing the Silver Jedi and Antarian Rangers in the right place at the right time to help the citizens of the said world from certain disaster otherwise. It was a good save."

The run away ship that could have careened into the surface of the planet killing and injuring hundreds of thousands of the populace had been luckily diverted much to the relief of the people on the ground. Not everyone could be evacuated to the underground shelters.

"Oh I remember... It is still very much on my bucket list of things to do. I've just been busy otherwise. The Silver Circle has been stretched thin with all the chaos going on in the galaxy as of late. We've been responding to mutual aid calls from other factions."

The Jedi Healer had recently joined the Jedi Praxeum network and tried to help out where she could as the Sith continued to push their influence coreward.

"Well the objective is for the team on offense to get the ball into the wicker basket at the end of the field and the defensive team to deny them. Which ever side gets the most balls scored wins of course," she grinned with a soft chuckle, before taking a sip of the spiced apple cider held within her hands.

"I heard there is a contest going on over at the pumpkin patch. That might be fun to check out or even participate in, hmm? Have you ever carved a jack o'lantern?"

5i8QAa2.png
In the Company Of: [member="Aryn Teth"]
Wearing: This

Srina glanced briefly around the square. She’d felt something, though, she couldn’t quite place what made the hair on the back of her neck stand up. It had been a brief, fleeting disturbance, which seemed to have disappeared just as quickly as it arrived. The silvery woman caught sight of a familiar face coated in red viscous fluid over the shoulder [member="Aryn Teth"] and she offered a brief wave back. It was nothing ostentatious, there was no girlish shrieking, but for a pair of Echani, it was still a fond enough greeting.

She could feel the unspoken invitation and a pale smile dotted the kiss of her mouth. The young woman would join [member="Jyoti Nooran"] at some point, likely after she’d had her fill of the scented candles at this particular vendor. Srina had all but shoved each one of the waxy confections up Aryn’s nose without hesitation. After all, they would likely burn in his home, so they had better not offend his senses.

If the Echani would have had more experience with candy she might have flocked over toward Jyoti like some of the younglings did. There were winners being called out left and right for prizes that she had no idea about. This event was much calmer than the last Confederate outing had been. Half of the Viceroyalty that had attended had required assistance to get back to their ships to sleep off whatever had been added to the wine and treats. “I want two of each.”, she responded to Aryn, entirely serious, with reflective, silver eyes, giving nothing away. For a long moment, he might think that she was going to make him carry at least two dozen glass jars at one time but a twitch in the dimple of her cheek gave her away. Teasing. Only teasing.

Her hand in his she lifted candle after candle for him to test. Sooner or later he wasn’t going to be able to smell anything other than pumpkin spice, but, he seemed content to indulge her. Part of her, somewhere deep down, enjoyed having his undivided attention. Srina had been waging what felt like a silent war for his focus ever since the Alliance fell. This was one of the first times she’d felt as if he was truly here. Present, in the moment.

Perhaps she ought to take him to places with hyperactive children and ghoulish costumes more often.

Eventually, she settled on two. Vanilla Bean and Jogan Fruit Pie. She fished into a pocket hidden in her clothing and counted out the correct number of credits before passing them politely to the vendor. The near-human female wrapped the glass containers in brown parchment and twine before settling them neatly in a paper bag with a sturdy handle. It even came with a nice festive bow.

“Cider?”, she questioned the much taller man, her fingers immediately finding his, once they’d passed over the bag. It was chilly out, but, not so cold that her teeth chattered. It still seemed like the thing to do. Almost everyone that passed had a takeaway cup in their hands so it must have been pretty good. She chewed on the inside of her cheek for a moment, before they headed over, getting stuck in a small line. “I think I will like it. More than your castor oil caf.”, she made a slight face at Aryn, before, her emotionless mask slid right back down. She drank tea and loathed caf. He drank caf. Lots of caf. It was an acquired taste that she was slowly, slowly getting used to, for a variety of reasons.

Sometimes it wasn’t so bad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom