Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Faction A Day in the Life...

0-Metus-Top.png
THE MARTUS MOONLUS, NABOO

For once, the day was light.

As his mother once said a lifetime ago, there would always be things he could be doing. There was no end to the mountain of paperwork that demanded his attention. No end to the dizzying waltz of politics - both foreign and domestic. But, on such an afternoon as this, it would have been a shame to say no to the daylight. Thus, the resolute desk was bereft of its owner for the time being. The Vicelord took the afternoon off, in favor of browsing the local square. He didn't have a destination in mind - but he was drawn to one shop in particular. One Martus Moonlus. A place of curiosities it seemed.

As he stepped into the establishment, he was greeted by the sounds of the owner scurrying off into the back. But more importantly, a primordial presence awaited at the counter. "Didn't exactly have you pegged for a shop like this." he said in greeting. While his tone was always alive with a certain degree of sass, Isley was genuinely glad to see Elyria. Things had been...better...as of late. Frankly the best they had been since she descended into his life. He did not immediately join her side, but rather wandered the rows of shelves behind her.

Eventually he joined her at the counter, having selected a rather fancy cigar. The vice was laid alongside the obsidian that she had found. "Something tells me you aren't starting a rock collection.."

The woman seldom took action that didn't have a greater meaning.

0-Metus-Bot.png

Tag: Darth Metus Darth Metus
Wearing: Black
Elyria twisted the seemingly innocuous stone in her fingers while she waited, rather impatiently, for the shopkeeper. Pale skin stood out in stark contrast to dark hair, black fabric, and the generally laid-back atmosphere of the storefront. There were carpets piled high with lanterns made of pink salt. There were even some clothing items, though, the colors were too bright for her tastes. She preferred that which would let her blend in with her world. The darkened pitch of the Vault had left her sensitive to brightness. The light, was an affront.

She could feel him approaching before she saw him.

"You have encouraged me to explore this world.", the primordial woman responded, nonplussed, but without turning around. "I am exploring."

There was a finality in her tone that seemed to signal there was something on her mind. Whether she was irritated with the slowness of the merchant and the lack of selection, or, if it was something else was anyone's guess. When Isley approached the counter she lifted the rock to hold it at the level of her eyes. There was a hum to it. Power. Elyria had been weakened. She was by no means diminished to the point of mortal frailty but it was enough that it bothered her. She had to be strong. Stronger. Always.

Her right hand reached up and wrapped around his shoulder to bring their forms closer. With her free hand, she held the stone in front of him.

"Can you not feel it?"

s3dDgJ.png

Tag: Gianna Aegis Gianna Aegis
Wearing: ...Not a suit

Theed was a city unlike any other John had visited in his life, there was a sense of calm and joy there that he hadn’t found anywhere else in the galaxy. It almost felt like you were slipping into a pool of warm water, a cocoon that surrounded you, separated you from the rigours of the galaxy. It was a sense of calm that rung hollow today. Even here on peaceful Naboo, every newcast spoke about it, it was on the tip of every tongue.

Csilla

In the blink of an eye a planet had been obliterated, billions of lives lost and a once powerful race was left struggling for survival. You only had to look around the square, to see the worried looks behind the mask, the hunched shoulders and brittleness to the festivities. That one moment had sent shockwaves and forced people to ask…who would be next?

It was a question that had consumed John for the last few weeks, ever since that pivotal event had torn through the galaxy. No, that wasn’t entirely true, there had been another thought, another realization that the man had struggled with in the wake of this disaster. Years ago, when faced with the Mandalorian threat he’d almost travelled down that path, had almost let the darkness claim him. He’d teetered on the precipice, for a heartbeat, for a minute, for more time than he cared to admit.

When he’d thought he’d lost everything, that he faced a galaxy without hope a memory, a ghost had saved him. Warm eyes and a ready smile, the Jedi who refused to let hope die, let the light fade. He’d thought he’d lost her. He’d been lucky and colour had returned to a galaxy of darkness, hope had bloomed again…and he’d been able to breathe again. It was a moment that he had been struggling with ever since…but hope still existed.

The businessman had never been the most recognizable face in the Confederacy, he didn’t think that most of the denizens of the nation could pick him out of a crowd, which was how he preferred it. He’d eschewed his normal suit, losing himself in the crowd as he approached the square he’d arranged to meet Gianna.

Where he saw the sight that broke his heart.

The flame-haired Jedi always seemed so full of life and hope, of cheer, but now, at this moment, she looked…brittle. Fragile. Forlorn.

For a moment the man’s step faltered, the mask of the Exarch shattering as he took a step forward, crossing to stand at her side his gaze following hers to stare down at the water, the light reflected from the coins scattered along the floor dancing on the water’s surface.

“You know, when I was a kid, back on Corellia we had one of these wishing wells. People would throw in credits they couldn’t afford and I just couldn’t understand why. Why I’d find myself at the same fountain when Matt was sick, throwing a credit I couldn’t spare into the fountain. I don’t think I understood that they needed, I needed, something, anything, to believe in until much later.”

0-Metus-Top.png

THE MARTUS MOONLUS, NABOO

You have encouraged me to explore this world. I am exploring.

Fair enough. At the very least, this outing was a far more productive usage of her time than detonating another oven. The Vicelord had to commend his partner's patience in that regard - as she never relented in the challenge of setting the oven's clock. But, there was a hazard to the mere mortals when she turned a stove into a nuclear device. Even the wastes of Ryloth couldn't handle the full degree of her frustrations. A stroll through the Confederate capital was a far less volatile passtime. Thus, Isley smiled.

But beyond that, her tone told him that she was occupied. Focused. He was content to leave his own prize sitting on the counter while she lifted the stone to his eye-level. The man's eyebrow raised ever so slightly. Elyria was not the sort to be infatuated with something mundane. She wouldn't give a damn about an actual rock. Thus, he lowered his left eyelid to a close. A modicum of focus allowed him to see all the more. A trick passed down by his mentor - the building block to all alchemy. The ability to truly see the world for what it was.

And the stone, held aloft, was more than met the mortal eye. But with his left, he could see why it had drew her attention so much.

"Ah..." he said, before releasing his focus. "I can see why this drew your attention."

She had all but flipped the creative switch in the man's mind. Already his thoughts were brimming with notions of what he could craft. What she could need. But before he assumed, he asked.

"Assuming there's enough in stock, what are your plans?"

0-Metus-Bot.png

mJo1eUW.png

Illyria went on about one of the many parties or soir-things-whatever she had called them. The idea of having to talk to many people was enough to bore the young Smuggler sitting there listening to it. While she doubted it could possibly hold a candle to any spaceport, she was simply too tired to argue the point. She simply shrugged and began to pick at her egg rolls with a big of a tired grin. “I wouldn’t be worried about the crowds, Illyria."

"All the dresses and fancy cocktail things and those heels? I’d rather sit in the middle of a busy spaceport lacking all my worldly possessions in the hot sun.”
And when she said all worldly possessions, she meant clothes, too. Luna had never attended a full-blown fancy party or get-together. She never had any intentions to unless it was of importance. But then again, she'd never worn a dress. Or heels. Perfume? For the longest time, years ago, she had thought booze classified. The young Smuggler was attempting to push her humor back through- leaving the words to break free but her tone was harder to mask. As were her eyes.

"I think I speak for all three of us when I say - I'd rather tonguefeth the business end of a shotgun than attend another party this year." Luna took an actual full bite of her eggroll looking between the pair as she nodded with a small grin, enjoying the man's choice of words. She pointed over at Abel and while Luna’s mouth wasn’t overly full she swallowed as she started talking- knowing full well that the young Noble next to her would find it mildly annoying. “See, he gets it. Parties bad. Anything is possible though if you have good booze - then maybe it's worth sitting or..talking or...stumbling through?” Paused, taking another bite as she swung what was left of her eggroll in her hand as she animatedly spoke. “But skip the dresses n’ all that.”

But at the comment of beings in Nar Shaddaa leaving one alone in the Spaceport, Luna shook her head. “Perhaps for you. Normally I have to hold them at vibroblade length.” She leaned back, leaving the last eggroll there to sit for a moment simply enjoying the pair’s company. Luna could have, more than likely, found some sort of another joke to crack or poke at the blonde, prissy Noble next to her but she wasn’t feeling it. She simply wanted to find a corner of Naboo and figure out what was going on with her head. Hell, stepping out of an airlock sounded better than feeling like she was losing her mind. But instead of releasing her weight elsewhere, she placed both her hands behind her head as she looked between both Abel and Illyria. “So… What’s on the agenda after this?”

•••
SINGLE | 33 | HETEROSEXUAL | BLASTER PISTOL • VIBROBLADE | Illyria Le Fey Illyria Le Fey Abel Denko Abel Denko

All Things With Love
Codex Judge

GiaSJO.png

T H E E D

“Hope.”

The softly spoken word was barely a breath on the sweet summery breeze. Green orbs that were clear as sea glass lingered on the bubbling waters for just a moment to look. Gianna breathed in and turned her focus toward the Exarch, the mogul, who had somehow managed to make time for her in all the chaos. No doubt the Confederacy was on red alert. Again.

It hadn’t been so tense since the terror attacks at Ryloth and Siskeen.

Even their leaders needed a moment to breathe, it seemed, and the Jedi Knight couldn’t blame them in the slightest. A moment of fresh air. A moment to see the faces of the people they fought so hard to protect. It could help. Briefly, she gave the man at her side a once over. “No suit?”

“Not that I’m complaining…”
, she trailed off, gently, shifting her weight from one foot to the other. Crimson tresses stirred like rising fire in the wind and she reached up to push it behind her ear. The small piece of information that he offered about his history was a nugget that she saved for later. He didn’t talk about his past all that often. “We all do things that don’t make sense in the name of hope.”

Like letting the leader of the Bryn’adûl live.

“It’s been a while. How have you been?”

Last edited:

Tag: Darth Metus Darth Metus
Wearing: Black

The oven had it coming.

Elyria tilted her head when the sable-skinned man smiled in her direction. She could feel it rather than see it. He always had this way of finding her extremely important ventures exceedingly amusing. Especially, when simple tasks seemed to frustrate her. How was it her fault that he had purchased the most frustrating kitchen equipment in the history of human existence? Clearly, it was subpar.

When she drew closer to him and held the stone aloft, she knew it wouldn’t be long before Isley understood. He could be thick from time to time but let none say he could not recognize alchemical potential. Be it stones; or a random foot. “Obsidian isn’t the rarest of materials, but I could feel it calling from the street. It is strong. Wishes, to be wielded.”

Onyx hair seemed to shift at his proximity.

It either wished to touch or strangle him. Of which, Elyria could never be quite sure. Mostly, because she was never quite sure. “It is one of the sharpest substances in existence.”, she offered, quietly, before a slight frown marred her features. Things had changed so much since the Vault had become her prison. So much that much of her knowledge was exceedingly antiquated. It was troublesome.

“Or at least it was.”

Silken strands of hair the shade of pitch ran along his chest before pulling at his shirt collar in quiet contemplation. She liked to ask for things that were trivial. Small. She held an invisible crown that demanded equal parts petulance and stubbornness. When it came to this? It mattered. Thusly, explaining felt strange. Beneath her. “I would wish for a weapon to be fashioned. Something to augment my power without causing any undue strain. Something to compensate.”

For her lack of overflowing, raw power, that exceeded her expectations. She could still outclass most Sith she crossed…But it would take effort. A lot. She felt inefficient. Ineffective.

Useless, to him.

lTNakA.png

s3dDgJ.png

5FyIUx.png

Tag: Gianna Aegis Gianna Aegis
Wearing: ...Not a suit

“I thought I’d take the day off and try to blend in. Try something new.”

A soft smile touched the man’s lips as he glanced up, letting his gaze settle on the flame-haired Jedi at his side, watching that familiar motion as her hand came up to tuck an errant strand of hair behind her ear. A small action, almost unconscious on the part of the woman and yet so familiar that John could close his eyes and see it played out in his memories. A multitude of scenes, of moments spent together, that warm smile and happy laugh that was as much a part of the woman as the warmth of her presence. To John the woman had always been an avatar of light, of all that was good in the universe, and yet she seemed drawn at the moment, the warmth she normally exuded absent.

There was no surer sign that there was something on the woman’s mind, something eating away at her. John had seen it before. We’d been the cause of it before.

“We do, we all do crazy things in the name of hope, things we think we never could.”

The man’s gaze flicked up to the carousel, to the children riding it, young faces bright with joy and laughter.

“It’s that hope that lets us keep moving though, hope that we’ve done the right thing, that the future will be better. Hope to see a smile, to hear a laugh. Hope that that will continue, that they can grow up in a galaxy where they don’t have to face the darkness we do.”

The man pulled a credit from his pocket, holding it up so the little chit caught the light as he offered the woman a smile.

“Hope that your little brother will get better. I’ve done a lot of things because of hope, I think we all have."

The coin flicked through the air, spinning round and round catching the light before it fell into the pool. The man’s voice was quiet, as soft as hers as he turned away from the fountain.

“I’m ok…”

John's voice caught, faltering for a moment before trailing off. He couldn’t lie to her, he never could.

“Honestly, I’m tired, the galaxy got turned upside down and I’m grasping at straws to try to make sense of it all. Trying to keep it all together. I just…the galaxy seems to get darker and it’s getting harder to find the way through it.”

A hand came up, brushing back his hair for a moment before he sighed, offering Gianna that small smile again.

“Thanks for coming I…It’s…”

He’d spoken to emperor’s and kings, CEOs and Sith but somehow the Jedi always made him feel like he was a teenager tripping over his words again.

“Been too long. How’ve you been? Since…”

5FymVN.png

Last edited:

Tag: Srina Talon Srina Talon

Home.

The single word rang through Kurayami's mind as he made his way from the hangar and into Theed proper. It may not have been the world of his birth, but outside of a few select memories, Naboo was his home, a place he had once been very well acquainted with. During that time he had thought that the chance to leave battle and the galaxy at large behind had come...and for a time it had. The names of many whom he had met during his time here in that place of learning drifted quietly in the background of his thoughts. He did his best to remember where the once lively grounds had been in relation to Theed. Today the Corellian was dressed simply, in black slacks, an olive colored shirt, and his old and well worn flight jacket. Outside of the lightsaber hung on his belt, the only outstanding feature that a passerby would notice were the first-class bloodstripes on the slacks. He was not one to draw attention to himself as he picked his way through the crowd, stopping at a few stalls along the way.

The memories of walking along these streets so long ago, before the CIS was the ruling government, before all the craziness that sundered Corellia and split that planet in two, brought a slight smile from the man. The music and atmosphere in Theed was joyous and yet were someone to pay close attention to him, they might catch a hint of sadness in the man. Not all memories were welcome ones and those that weren't seemed to always rear their heads at times like this. Stopping to take a seat at a nearby fountain, Kurayami took his flask from his jacket, uncapped it, and took a long draught from it. As he capped it and put it back in place the smile faded from his lips to be replaced by a neutral expression for the time.

He wanted to visit his old home and if he let the Force guide him then he stood a better chance of finding the place. Due to his slower than normal pace there were more memories of her than he had hoped for after his drink. As he stood his eyes focused forward while he made his way towards the outskirts of the city, seeing all the happy couples celebrating together was not helping quell the torrent of memories related to his later fiancé by any means.

He wouldn't stop until the music and joviality of the city was but white noise in the background. Once that was accomplished he would sit down on a nearby rock and simply try to keep finding the imprints that his old acquaintances had left behind, it would be there that he found what he was looking for. If he was honest with himself though he was starting to get a bit hungry and he didn't feel like an MRE when he didn't have to, so back to the grand bazaar it was. Then the challenge of finding food was the next hurdle to clear and depending on his mood he may continue his search, or save that for another time.

Last edited:
All Things With Love
Codex Judge

GiaSJO.png

T H E E D

“You can do that?”, Gianna mused, lightly, though a small smile lingered at the kiss of her mouth. It was a ghost of her usual brightness. Something, it seemed, had caused a shift in her demeanor that was unmistakable. She was quieter. Guarded. “Just take the day off?”

She could feel him watching her.

It wasn’t the first time. Gianna was adept at dealing with crowds, speaking, and engaging meaningfully with others. She was used to him. The way he watched her every move and tried to anticipate her needs, even though, she was more than capable of handling herself. In all honesty, he spoiled her. The Jedi within that swore to the Old Ways didn’t know what to do with his generosity. The kind and caring nature of her being felt guilty for turning his kind efforts away. So—She made due.

One day the much taller Exarch would realize that she was nothing special. The light that attracted him, a moth to flame, existed in all Jedi. He would only need to spend a few moments traversing the Silver Jedi Concord or the New Jedi Order to see that. “Hope is one of the few commonalities between cultures. Advanced, space-faring, and those that are planetary bound. We do what we must to keep that light alive. Even war, fighting, is typically spurred on by the same thing.”

“Hope. For a better tomorrow.”

She was quiet when John Locke John Locke spoke of his brother and tossed the chit into the fountain. Eyes that glimmered a particularly deep shade of emerald cast him a sideways glance at his haphazard, white lie, about being “okay” when she asked. She wasn’t so far removed that she couldn’t see the edges of stress in his posture. In his eyes. She could feel it like a deep descending storm cloud.

His admission drew a light sigh from her lips. Understanding, reassuring.

“The galaxy is always this way. One nation on top, then another, and another. It’s always darkest before the dawn, Exarch.”

He smiled. She missed that.

“—Since Nar Kreeta? I’m on the mend.”

It was the truth. She wasn’t exactly herself, but she wasn’t falling to pieces. Being around her people, being home, on Naboo, helped more than she had words for. While she blamed herself for the loss of so many. For the losses that continued. They gave her space. Peace. A place to apply her trade and duties without asking any questions. “I know that my services would be helpful on the front lines. I know what happened on Csilla. I know that the Concord and the Alliance are all fighting…I’m just…”

Not ready.

Silver-Purp-B.gif

N A B O O
Tag: Kurayami Bloodborn Kurayami Bloodborn
Wearing: XXX

She hid in plain sight.

Ivory hair had been pulled up into a high ponytail with a braid that wrapped around the base. The rest of it had been curled, braided, woven, and pinned into the perfect Nabooian style with pale pink flowers twined here and there. It matched the very plain ensemble she wore. Breathable muslin fabric with a high-neckline, concealing skirts, and loose sleeves that hitched at her elbow. A patterned belt cinched her already tiny waist even smaller and soft, suede boots hid her feet.

The only thing that made her stand out was an exceedingly pale complexion. Piercing silver eyes gave the festival-goers reason to stare, but her attire caused an easy dismissal. The fact that she was guiding some of the younglings through an exercise in creating soap bubbles that were large enough to encompass their entire forms, also, caused the knowledge of her identity to slip away.

“Miss! Miss! I can’t do it…It just won’t work.”

Srina lifted her eyes and watched a little girl try to lift the wand. She was doing it a little too quickly. The slender Echani floated from her position helping another and knelt down in the soft grass to show her the right way. Patience. If you pull slowly, you’ll give it time to form before it breaks. Like this.”

The typically acerbic Exarch showed the youngling how to hold the tool, then, dipped it in the liquid. A moment later found the child squealing in certain joy from her triumph. A translucent bubble bobbed merrily through the stalls, hanging low from its own weight, and Srina stood up. Task completed. She was surprised to find a pair of chubby arms wrapping around her waist while the excitable human seemed ready to hop out of her skin with glee. Awkwardly, she pat the child on the head, elbows raised high, posture stiff.

“Thank you!”

“You are...Welcome. Why don’t you try on your own?”

“Okay!”

Srina hated Naboo. Loathed it. But, today, it didn’t seem quite so intolerable. She shifted from the grabby child and moved to help some of the others. On occasion, she would use a little touch of telekinesis to twist the bubbles into shapes, just enough, that it tricked the eye—But she always made them do it themselves. How else would they learn?

Last edited:
lTNakA.png

s3dDgJ.png

5FyIUx.png

“Sure I can, it’s as easy as telling my staff I’ll be working on a project all afternoon..and sneak out the back way before anyone notices me.”

For a moment John’s lips quirked up into a smile, a mischievous grin that reached all the way up to his eyes, kindling a playful light in them for a moment. John lived a life of masks and reflections, he had to, on his words and actions the fate of a company, of a nation could shift. Control and precision were not just important, but a way of life, too many of the people who surrounded him on a daily basis would take any sign of humanity as a weakness, a crack in the armour that was the Exarch.

Gianna hadn’t ever cared about that armour, about his attempts to hold people at arms length. Somehow, from the day they’d met the woman had walked through those walls, seen through those masks as if they didn’t exist. She’d continued to do so till John found himself relaxing around her, looking forward to those meetings with perhaps the one person he could be truly open with. The one person who just cared about him, the person, not the Exarch or the Mogul.

It was funny, he’d sat in council with Jei Masters, helped to run their order for a time but in the end had walked away from them in disappointment. He hadn’t thought that any Jedi would be able to turn him around, make him believe again. Would you believe, she had. It was something of that innate goodness, the kindness that the woman seemed to possess that he’d seen missing in so many others. Gianna just wanted to help people, no matter who or what they were, even if she gave him a heart attack in doing so. It was a selflessness that you didn’t much see these days, even the Jedi were so much wrapped up in the politics of their order, in their visions for the galaxy that dedication to just helping people had somehow got lost. It was one of the many things that made her so special.

Even now, when she was lost, when the weight of all the responsibility she took on herself pressed down on her, she was still trying to make him feel better.

“You’re exactly where you need to be right now.”

The dark-haired man shook his head, taking a step closer to the woman, his eyes lifting to catch hers.

“No nothing like that. I didn’t come here to castigate you, to ask you to return to the front, to the fight, Gia. Never that. You’ve given more than anyone could ever have asked, you always do...I just wanted to see you, to make sure you were ok. Holo-calls are a poor...replacement really. No matter where you go you’re going to be helping people, and the people of Naboo are lucky to have you here. You’re the one who taught me to trust in the direction the force takes you.”

Gianna was more than able to take care of herself, more than capable of handling whatever life threw her way, she was one of the strongest people John knew. That didn’t mean that he didn’t want to help her, support her, just be there. A hand slipped into John’s pocket for a moment, pulling out a credit chit. Passing that cold metal token across to her hand.

“Sometimes, we all need that little bit of hope.”

5FymVN.png

All Things With Love
Codex Judge

GiaSJO.png

T H E E D

Gianna smiled softly at his admission on how he had escaped his duties. Had the cyborg just admitted to her that he was playing hooky? Her smile widened his and she felt a well of warmth spread across her features. She had forgotten how easy it was to be around him. His presence, for all his scientific efforts toward warmongering, was calming. He soothed the raw edges of her nerves in a way that she almost felt guilty for indulging. It was more than a cup of hot tea on a cold day.

The flame-haired woman reached out, quietly, and touched the fabric of his sweater. His collar was a little crooked and she moved to straighten that too. “It is nice to see you…A little more relaxed.”, she breathed, sweetly, before emerald eyes moved with his.

She couldn’t remember the last time she’d seen him outside of a suit.

Then again. It had been a while.

“Am I?
”, she asked, when he intoned that she was exactly where she needed to be. He moved closer and she had the distinct sense that he wasn’t referring to Naboo. It didn’t seem to matter how much distance she placed between them. He still looked the same. Smelled the same—Felt the same. It took every ounce of restraint she had not to just learn forward and let her form rest against him. Not because of anything untoward, but simply, because she was exhausted. So tired, of standing on her own. “Sometimes I wonder… I feel as if everything has fallen still.”

“But I know it hasn’t. The Bryn’adûl still march. The Maw—Destroy. Here I am. Here I have been. Safe.”

It bothered her that she remained safe and secure while so many others succumbed to the might of two packs of bloodthirsty monsters. The remaining galactic powers were trapped in a power struggle, a block, where very few of them could find room to agree. Many looked down on her for supporting the Confederacy because of their alignment. Gianna had too, once.

They had taught her better.

She pulled back a little when he pressed something small and cold into her hands. Another credit chit. Another wish to make. Her hands rose and tucked beneath her chin for a moment. He wouldn’t know that the quiet statement had touched something uncertain inside. She swallowed her sadness and pressed a smile to her lips. It wasn’t until then that she knew.

Gianna tossed the chit into the water and wished. Prayed. For all of her overtures, she felt like a hypocrite. Hope was everything.

She was afraid she had none.

Tag: Srina Talon Srina Talon

Having gotten himself a nerfburger, fries and a soft drink from a street vendor, Kurayami walked around looking for a place to sit down. Once he found an open spot he sat down on the curb nearby and took a bite, simply watching the ebb and flow of the crowd around him. While finishing up his fries he noticed another presence that, one of an old friend and she was at least nearby. He'd have made his way over to her but as it stood he still had a bit of food left. He didn't rush his dinner by any means but once he was done he stood and started towards the small group that had been following Exarch Talon around.

Watching her interact with the group of kids was something that made him chuckle. After having seen her in battle and in diplomatic conferences, seeing how she managed to instruct the child in how to make the giant bubble was a heartwarming moment. He made no move towards her at the moment, just watching and shaking his head slightly. What it did do after the food is manage to make him realize that he would have plenty more time to revisit his old stomping grounds, however he rarely saw this woman outside of a formal setting. Nodding to himself he worked his way through the large crowds towards her.

He had nearly made it to her as the little child ran up and embraced her, thanking the Exarch for her help with the bubbles. Watching the Echani's reaction made Kurayami struggle to not double over laughing as he didn't think he had ever seen Srina look or act so awkward, truly it was a humanizing moment to see the Dread Queen seemingly shaken by the simple embrace of a child. Closing the last bit of the gap to her, he placed a hand gently on her shoulder smiling warmly as he greeted her.

"Its's good to see you somewhere that isn't so formal, Srina."

wearing: xXx
"I'd rather tonguefeth the business end of a shotgun than attend another party this year."

She'd almost laughed out loud at this statement. almost. And Luna's comment about preferring to give up her worldly possessions? Illyria understood how she felt. But that wasn't an option for her - it was expected of her and while she didn't hate such events, the frequency in which her household hosted them was exhausting. There was only so many hours she could entertain party guests and potential suitors before she wanted to be alone.

She took a small sip of the drink that had come with her meal, letting it wash down the taste of the eggroll while she thought. "The alcohol at Le Fey house is always top-shelf. We never serve the swill you find on Nar Shaddaa." A pity. Illyria had found the burning whiskey found in various bars to be rather enjoyable. A wicked little grin came across her mouth as her attention turned to Luna for a moment.

"You won't need to hold anyone at bay when you attend the next Ley Fey party-" and there would, of course, be another, and another, and another. "-but you will need to wear a dress. Heels are optional but nice flats are needed in their place. You can even borrow some of my jewellery." Something silver would suit her well - it would compliment her skin tone. Now her attention turned to Abel, the same sweet and wicked grin on her mouth. "And of course you're invited also. The two of you will be my special guests." There was a tease in her tone but she was serious.

She would not suffer alone. And truth be told the night would be much more bearable with the two of them there. Even if the trio fought like cat and dog some days. "But until this party happens... I'd like to do something, anything, that doesn't involve nobles or dancing or stupid boys my mother picks out." It was perhaps the most honest thing she had said to them in days.

gold.png

Wearing: Casual

Leea hadn't had the best time in the attack on Valum. Those Vong were tough nuts to crack, and even if Leea wouldn't admit it, he had seen it. War had more trauma upon her than he previously realized. However, he wouldn't push it. You don't push on a wound to heal it. He'd decided the kid needed a something to cheer her up more than anything else. Thus, he'd brought her to the most cheerful place around, Naboo. The people there weren't always his sort. But the commonfolk were fine, it was nobility he tended to clash with, all haughty and thinking they know better.

Either way, the beautiful scenery never failed to lift spirits, and such was what he hoped to do with Leea. He had of course still come prepared just in case, his precious custom HP-1 pistol is in a holster on his thigh, ready to be drawn at a moment's notice. He wasn't heavily armored at the moment, but a 14mm projectile was more than enough to take down anything before it hurt him or Leea.

"Don't hesitate, your stuff's on me today. You see somethin ya like, tell me. Least I can do to make up for that absolute mess of a job on Valum." He really did feel bad about how she reacted to being on a battlefield once again. The cathar pats her on the shoulder, orange eyes drifting about to see if he could find anything that caught his eyes as well. Then...something caught his senses, his force senses. Whatever it was put a pit in his stomach almost instantly. "Leea....You uh....you stay here." He then proceeds to slowly creep over to the shop, hand going to his weapon, hovering over it. There was something....dark in that building. Of course, the other two within might sense him approaching as well, him being a force sensitive and all. A neutral aura, not leaning towards light or dark.

He slowly pushes the door open, and peeks into the building. Whatever that aura in the air is, it doesn't fade. His brows raise as he sees who's within the shop, and his hand instantly leaves the grip of his weapon. "Oh, it's you....Boss? I think that's what I call you? No idea. And with you is...." He squints. "You have interesting eyes." He then turns about. "Hey Leea! There's someone you need to meet!"

Leea Pandac Leea Pandac Darth Elyria Darth Elyria Darth Metus Darth Metus

All the heavens above and hells below separated by earth unyielding,
yet peace and war should coexist side-by-side.
One passeth from the lands of death and drilling,
to stand aghast amidst the plains of life and beauty.

The Mirialan had been on such worlds as this before, planets bursting with life yet tamed by the gentleness of their environs. Yet, Leea had never truly seen them for what they were. Beauty marred by the travails of war, or unseen by eyes too busily staring at the skies above. Bound to the mud and grime or lost to the oblivion of destinies unknown and yet ever sought, Leea had failed to appreciate such places as Naboo were. Respite and comfort in the midst of a harsh and all too cruel galaxy. Simple lives, bourne on the endless days of freedom and plain work. Not without flaw, no such utopia existed, yet there was a quiet tranquillity that spoke to her soul.

Amidst the commoners, whose clothes were more colourful, even in their plainness, than many a garment Leea had ever known. She found herself almost lost in the general movement and interest of these crowds, almost able to silence that part of her mind that analyzed her surroundings for potential foe and escape should the worst occur. The ghost of a smile crossed her face, as she heard the trill of some native musician plucking a melody from somewhere in amongst the buildings and stalls. Though the tune was alien and the instrument quite unknown to her, the simple notes and rhythm reminded her of a simpler time. This was not the dirge march of some formation brimming with dread intent, neither was it the elaborate music of a war celebration.

Keeping pace with Talohn, Leea had fell into a relaxed and calm gait, a welcome change from the cautious steps of the urban battlefields on Valum. The Vong, those strange creatures they had held as savage slaves, and their ill intents were in the past. Though time would surely see spectres of that past to her mind, Leea had left such musing for the future. Now was a time of joy and simple merriment. No weapon upon her person, not a strand of military fibre to be found amongst her wardrobe, Leea had embraced the present for what it was.

As the Cathar spoke, she could not help but break into a wider smile, "I'll keep an eye out then. I promised I would bring something back for Monari, so I guess I'll be looking for both of us. There's no need though, really. Valum was Valum. A little rough, but ultimately we got the job done." She turned and gazed towards her employer and self-proclaimed caretaker. As if their little passenger back on the ship was not trouble enough for the once-Mercenary to keep up with, he had taken on a second project in their pilot. Yet perhaps that was his way. Seeing a store that seemed less busy, she meandered as her feet willed, with a wave to Talohn. The venue was not particularly interesting, although the aged woman, skin cracked, leathery, and tan from a lifetime of labour in the sun, behind a deep and hard wooden counter, seemed a veritable fount of interest. She was engaged with a younger man, perhaps a son, in a conversation of which Leea caught but the occasional word. The matriarch broke for a moment the speech to welcome the Mirialan, and check in with the other occupants of the store.

"What is it that these people want to find that they haven't already seen a hundred times?" Leea queried to herself as she browsed the wares of a quaint store. Crystal and finery, both genuine and forged, appeared to be a commonality across the stores. Though pleasing to the eye, Leea found little peace in her mind for these things, polished and pristine. Crafted from nature, yet estranged by the artisan from its heritage. The near-human observed as a couple made their purchase, an onyx stone shaped into a globe with sliver veins of chromium set in a tesselating pattern across its surface, and shuffled off. Imagination was required for Leea to understand how one might live their whole lives in one city and yet still find new things to buy from their own world.

The woman gave out a final call of farewell as Leea turned back to the streets, the Mirialan clutching absentmindedly at the small crystal in her pocket. Gathered on an expedition not long ago, its rough surface and somewhat sharp edges reminded her of the stony cave that she had discovered it in. She wound her way through the roving bands of people, listening to the chatter and sounds of sentient life that filled the air. Perhaps guided by her subconscious, she returned to Talohn's side and walked on in a cheery silence.

A discordant note struck Leea and the warm atmosphere faltered as something seemed to catch Talohn's attention. Leea, her senses untrained and barely perceptive, felt like a distant bell had been rung off tune. Talohn's steady command perturbed Leea, surely together they should face what threats there be. But it seemed like no point in fighting and so Leea nodded in obedience before taking a few steps to pantomime interest in a stalls wares. Fittingly, it was a stall of masks and costumes, the tools of a pretender. Her lips moved in thoughtless question and the stallkeeper latched onto this potential customer. He began to regale her unlistening ears with the quality and refinement of his wares, yet Leea's mind was bent to listening for Talohn's call.

The time that passed was inconsequential and Leea thanked the seller for his patience before she disengaged to follow the Cathar. His summons clear, she calmed the part of her mind that read threats in this apparent peace. Leea put forth a polite and respectful demeanour as she closed the final distance between herself and Talohn. She spoke plainly and found herself able to conjure some levity, "What's up? I haven't been looking that long."

Talohn Atar Talohn Atar Darth Elyria Darth Elyria Darth Metus Darth Metus

lTNakA.png

s3dDgJ.png

5FyIUx.png

Dark eyes watched the credit chit flicking through the air, sparkling as it caught the light, turning end over end before it splashed down into the water, sending ripples dancing across the surface of the water. He could see that coin slowly sinking through the water to come to rest on the bed of the pond, glittering there amongst all the other coins before he took a deep breath, turning to face the flame-haired Jedi by his side.

Maybe that’s not such a bad thing? Someone wise once told me that the galaxy is always this way. If it wasn’t the Bryn’adul or the Maw it would be someone else out there, a new darkness that would threaten to wrap a cloak around the galaxy. There will always be a new war, a new threat to face out there, always a new darkness to haunt our thoughts and our steps. We’re never going to be able to escape that but…”

Lips curled up into a small smile.

“For now, for today let the world stop, let the galaxy stop. It’s out there, and we’re right here, for now, for just this one moment, this one day let it stop. It’ll be there tomorrow, the state of the galaxy isn’t going to go away, when you’re ready for it, it’ll be there. For today though…”

John couldn’t remember the last time that he’d seen the woman so worn, so sad. So fragile. So drawn, as if there was a part of her missing, that happiness that filled her every action, her every word absent.

“We’ll handle them. In the end, people have a habit of surprising you, of banding together against the darkness.”

The man’s gaze fell back on Gianna’s face, dark eyes searching out jade ones before he inclined his head at her.

“That same wise woman taught me that.”

The galaxy would turn, the politics and war would never go, would draw them in, touch them all somehow. There was no escape from it, a cost that everyone would pay, in some form or the other. That was the truth of the galaxy, those who deserved peace, deserved that comfort and happiness often had to pay the most. It was a cost he wished he could take away, that he could protect them from, it was a wish he knew would never be fulfilled.

One hand came up, hanging in the air between them, the man’s eyes soaking in the sight of Gianna’s face for a moment. There was something about the sight of the woman, the way she moved, everything about her presence that drew him in. Yet…there was a vulnerability that came with it. He wanted to wrap her in a hug, to just hold her till she felt better, to let her know that he’d be here for her, no matter what.

“The galaxy will be there when you’re ready, for today…we’re right here and there’s a carnival over there, laughter and happiness. What do you say we go soak it up for a little bit, or there’s a whole countryside over there to explore if you’re feeling a little peopled out.”

5FymVN.png

kobanner_1.png

N A B O O
Wearing This
Voph rarely had what constituted a day off. Not to be confused with a day wherein he had nothing to do. Srina Talon Srina Talon was proving to be a quite effective taskmaster. The exact moment that light broke the sky, he was to be training. When, and only when, he had exhausted himself, he would rest with study. The galaxy was vast. There was much to be learned of it, and of himself. Voph found it rather bizarre that he was reading books and reports of the once great Lord Commander Voph as if they were some other being entirely. But it was, in fact, his own history that he consumed.

Today, Voph was loosed upon the streets of Theed to run errands. His armor and tunic were acceptable, but Srina was an important woman. He needed a wardrobe fitting of the apprentice of an Exarch. And so he sat in the lobby of a small tailor shop, clad in what he considered to be his off duty tunic. In spite of his perception of its informality, the robes had a certain elegance to their simplicity. The motifs on the buckle and bracers, as well as the gold threads throughout the pauldrons marked him as someone of middling importance. Though it may not be immediately clear if he were nobility, a Knight Obsidian, or a member of the Presidium. Or, perhaps, he was all three? He certainly carried himself in such a way that all three might be possible. And given that most of his appointments were awaited with holobook in hand, he certainly seemed well informed and intelligent.

Of course this brought other hazards. Such as realizing that he had read the same paragraph for the fourth time now. Voph closed the book, and rubbed the bridge of his nose with thumb and finger. He needed caf. He stood, informed the attendant he would return, and to contact him if his immediate attention was required. There was a small cafe down the road that he frequented every once and a while. Its proximity to the Presidium marked it as the last safe haven from Srina and her tea addiction. A place he frequented many times. Popular among the Viceroyalty and other notable peoples of the planet. Their food was not bad, or so Voph had heard, but he was rarely in the mood to eat when he came to this place. As he arrived at the counter, he carefully counted out the correct amount of credits, listing off the order that the barista already knew by heart. "One caf. Largest container you sell, and darker than Darth Elyria Darth Elyria 's soul."

All Things With Love
Codex Judge

GiaSJO.png

T H E E D

“If ever there was a time to be surprised—It would certainly be now.”

She acquiesced lightly. His words were familiar, but it had been a long time since she had come so near to truly breaking the oaths she had made as a Jedi Knight. She had been recalled to one of the few Jedi Temples left on Naboo. There were rumors after Nar Kreeta. She had managed to stand tall against a raging monster, hold her own, where few others had. They had wanted to raise her standing to Master after Tanaab…Now? They pushed harder.

Gianna was reticent and had failed to respond to the summons.

Tanaab was no more a victory than Nar Kreeta.

“John…”, she murmured, though, the words died in her throat. Orange hair seemed to shine with an inner light when her head turned away. Gianna knew the words. She remembered speaking them. She had always had the Force to guide her. To support those words—To make them real. Now? It felt so very far away. As if she could barely feel it.

Was this what it was to be severed?

The freckled, pixie-esque woman, refused the want to bypass his offered hand and hideaway against him. He was always so close, but by her own doing, so far away. She still felt the same as she always had. When it came down to it—She would choose him. If she let him in, she would choose him, in the face of danger, no matter the cost. She would choose herself so that he wouldn’t have to hurt if she were gone.

She would never have been able to stand against Tathra Khaeus.

Instead, she turned, and let her hand fall to the crook of his arm. “Come on, I’m starving and it smells absolutely divine…”, she announced with purpose, before she began leading him toward one of many, many food stalls. It felt as if the entirety of Naboo had chosen to make themselves available for the festivities. Every shop was open. Every flag was raised and the flowers were in full bloom.

No one would know that Csilla had just been blown apart from looking around.

“You have Mygeeto Burritos? Two, please.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom