Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Faction A Day in the Life...

Silver-Purp-B.gif

N A B O O
Tag: Kurayami Bloodborn Kurayami Bloodborn
Wearing: XXX

A little tweak here. A little change, there.

She compressed the air around the massive bubbles that the younglings created and forced them into smaller bundles of easily recognizable shapes. Hearts. Squares, hexagons. Things that she assumed children might easily recognize. They squealed with delight and ran around in dizzying circles while she feigned complete and total innocence. “It must be the wind.”, she offered, plainly, and with such a taciturn expression there was no reason to doubt her.

Even the parents present seemed enamored with what equated to so form of “bubble” magic.

There were many familiar auras in the center of the Theed. A good deal of the Presidium had put on plain clothes for the day to mingle with the people they had pledged themselves to serve. It was a rare opportunity. That was why she wore, pale pink, and masqueraded as a helpful game warden for bouncing younglings that were going tipsy tops from sugar highs. “Share.”, she scolded, lightly, when two boys began fighting over the same wand.

“If you do not—You will both lose your turns.”

It didn’t matter that the parents had paid credits to let them play. They could abide by her rules or leave. The younglings seemed to straighten up at her chilly words, glancing at each other, then back at her. “Yes ma’am!”

A warm hand fell on her shoulder and she stilled for a moment. She had felt his presence nearing, but she wasn’t sure he would recognize her. Many at the festival did not. When he spoke her name, she turned and brought a finger up to her lips in the universal signal that he hush. “…I am incognito, Kurayami.”

He smiled warmly. She did not. It wasn’t because she was angry or upset—Hardly. It was simply her way. Muslin fabric swayed while she faced him fully and inclined her head slightly in greeting. It wasn’t terribly often that he was seen without his helmet.

Or his flask.

“It is good to see you as well. Are you visiting to represent the First Order?”

wrappingpaper.png

Tags:
Kyyrk Kyyrk

She had taken a half-day.

Alessandra had been “coerced” but the Vicelord to take a little personal time in the wake of her less than private “personal” nightmare. It wasn’t as if he expected her to actually step away from work but he did expect some measure of compliance when she was the only one determined to still be in the office. It had taken long enough for all of the effects to be returned to the name of “Creed” over “Malvern” and she imagined that she would still receive foreign memos with the incorrect surname for years to come. Such was bureaucracy. Nothing but red tape.

It made her skin crawl each and every time it happened.

She reached for a ring that was no longer there.

The emptiness in her mind became all the more apparent and she threw herself into what needed to be done to keep the wheels of the Confederacy spinning at optimum levels. Contracts did not make themselves. The treasury, certainly, did not maintain itself. She was one of the few that dared to take in national revenue via investments. With her head for numbers; it paid off.

Nude high heels clicked on the stone of the quaint café near the Presidium. It had most of her dietary needs, plus, a wealth of caf to keep her awake and alert. Sleep was elusive. Confusing. She couldn’t get over the sense that something was amiss, rather, that someone was missing.

A white clutch rest under her arm and auburn tresses spilled in professionally styled chocolate waves over her shoulders. Tanned skin sat in direct contrast to the
beige and rose ensemble she had donned for the day while perfectly painted features paid homage to delicately sculpted cheekbones. Dark eyes were outlined with kohl, lashes long, and the softest floral scent moved with her. Nothing about her seemed out of place. Not a hair—Not a bit of clothing. Almost, as if it had been made specifically for her.

She might not have paid too much attention to the male at the counter ahead of her. He was dressed nicely, though, so were most people in Naboo. It was by no means a poor planet.

What caught her attention was the dialogue.

|| One caf. Largest container you sell, and darker than Darth Elyria's soul. ||

A sardonic smile touched the edges of glossed lips and she shook her head. “You don’t ask for much, do you. Trust me when I say…”

“They don’t make caf that dark.”

kobanner_1.png

N A B O O
Wearing This
Voph turned to look behind him, a wry grin on his face. He shrugged roguishly, spreading his hands in a 'what can I say' gesture. "It's fun to watch them try. Should have seen the look on her face when I first ordered it." Voph took a moment to look the woman over. Clearly someone from the Presidium, and someone familiar. But he couldn't tell if they were actually familiar, or just a face he'd walked past before. From the front, the man was oh so clearly a Knight Obsidian, but he still did not carry a lightsaber on his person. Voph's brow knit together in confusion as he tried to place the person before him.

"Your face seems familiar. And yet I do not think the good Exarch has sent me to deal with you directly before." Voph offered a slight bow, not formal enough to be obnoxious, but enough to be polite. "Iskellion, Servant and student of Exarch Talon, at your service." He straightened up, the confused look replaced by a professional smile. "You must be....one of the Ministers, I'm sure. Influence? No, Commerce." Voph looked over the woman once more, taking in all the small details of her garb. "No, Influence think too highly of themselves, you're too...professional. Minister...?" Voph let the question hang, inviting the woman to introduce herself. There was a small voice in the back of his head saying that she was trouble, but he would rather she confirm this, than for him to make assumptions...

lTNakA.png

s3dDgJ.png

5FyIUx.png

There was a hesitancy to the woman, a lack of confidence in her actions, an insecuiurity that John had rarely seen from Gianna before. She had always known exactly what to do, what she wanted or needed at any moment. To see her like this…that pause as she spoke, her words dying on her lips. It was as if she wanted to say something more. As if she was holding back.

For a moment the quiet word seemed to fade away, leaving an empty silence that seemed to draw out and stretch as she turned her head away. The man’s own voice seemed to die in his throat, words he wanted to say, to tell her like ashes on his tongue before the vulnerability of the moment. He could still remember the words she’d spoken that day at the Spritegate Shore, the hurt and loss in her eyes and her voice, matched only by the loss and pain that had seemed to consume him. He knew that she struggled with the path of a Jedi, with keeping to what she saw as right. For a moment he thought that she’d turn away, that his hand would only reach out to emptiness, a fleeting glimpse of red hair disappearing into the crowd and the memory of perfume and a soft smile.

It was the vulnerability that came with reaching out for someone else, for caring for them. A dance, a chasm they danced around.

It couldn’t have been more than a second, it seemed like an eternity but then she was there, turned back. An arm slipping through his, a breath flowing back into his lungs as he turned his head down, letting a smile curl up the corner of his lips.

He asked so much of her, too much. They all did. Yet, she was still here. The light still shone and all he could do was try to be there, to support her.

“Those do smell pretty good, you know, and we’ll take two of those fresh juices too please.”

John’s free hand slipped into his pocket, fingers brushing over a metal shape before he pulled out another credit passing it to the man before following Gia from the stall. It was possible to lose yourself in the crowd, to forget about the rest of the galaxy for a moment in the infectious laughter and the open smiles.

“You know, I heard they have a really good cake stall somewhere in here.”

Just a day for them to relax, to not worry about the fate of the galaxy looming over their heads. Over the problems and issues that seemed to chase no matter what you did.

That wasn’t too much to ask, was it?

5FymVN.png

wrappingpaper.png
Tags:
Kyyrk Kyyrk

“You’d have better luck scraping up tar from a pit. It might taste better.”

Alessandra was aware that the well-dressed male was looking her over, though, she didn’t necessarily blame him. She had been the one to approach him after all. She didn’t have the visual cue that he did that signaled some sort of familiarity. Rather, she felt something else. Metaphysical. Dark eyes narrowed slightly but they smoothed out a moment later when he mentioned one of the Exarchs. Of course, he would be an errand boy for one of them.

Of course, he would be the errand boy for her.

Many things had changed in her life but her unreasonable distaste of Exarch Talon had remained strong. It always seemed that no matter what she achieved, no matter what she did, that the pale panty waste of a princess from Eshan was always two steps ahead. Every accolade, every triumph, the woman seemed to stack up without trying. Annoying. The faint bow caused her to cross her arms briefly and her head inclined. “Nice to meet you, Iskellion.”

No. She must have been mistaken. That was a name that she wouldn’t have forgotten. Intelligent eyes watched him try and figure out what part of the Presidium she belonged to with a fair bit of amusement. She didn’t feel one way or the other on the Minister of Influence, mostly, because their departments rarely crossed paths. “Minister Creed.”

“Alessandra Creed.”

It still felt foreign to use her maiden name but she didn’t miss the way it rolled off the tongue. Easy. Important. Her gaze turned toward the waiting barista and she nodded toward the counter. Another worker stepped up to take her order and she picked up a black caf with a garden salad. Her guilty pleasure was a small yogurt parfait. Most just assumed that her figure was easy to maintain, but in truth, she was ever conscious of what she put in her body. “Have you frequented Theed long? You seem to know your way around but I’ve not seen you before.”

Even though, he felt familiar. It was like déjà vu.

“Care to join me?”

There was nothing sadder than a woman sitting alone in a café during a festival that celebrated light, life, and happiness. Everyone was almost bursting with excitement. She was simply doing the best she could to keep the storm clouds from rolling in. Her temperament was fiery, to say the least, though, the Ministry of Commerce was never boring. If anything, she kept everyone on their toes.

A few years prior—She would have been the life of the party.

This was what bitter looked like.

All Things With Love
Codex Judge

GiaSJO.png

T H E E D

The flame-haired Jedi Knight waited while a little bit of excitement rose in pale-jade eyes. She hadn’t had a good burrito or anything like it since she’d stopped traveling. She loved trying the flavors that other cultures had to offer. Not that Naboo wasn’t full of delights, but there was just something about the spices that really blew her away. When John asked for the fruit juice, she nodded her head in agreement.

She loved fresh fruit.

In truth—She loved anything that would change the topic to something new. Anything, that would make the Exarch stop looking at her like that. As if she were a wounded puppy that he needed to save.

Gianna was meant to be saving him. Protecting, him. Not the other way around.

It even made her forget to insist that she could pay for herself. Not that he would have let her. She accepted the burritos and left him to get the drinks before turning to head toward a table. There was no way she would be able to eat and drink standing, while somehow, managing not to spill it all over the place. As a last-minute thought, she raised her hand and a few napkins floated from the vendor stall to her waiting fingertips. A small moment of telekinesis.

Telekinesis of which she excelled, and for some reason, it was terribly difficult.

What was wrong with her?

The pale young woman hurried after John and set down a few napkins before setting their lunch on the stone table. There were flowers growing from the middle and she nudged them to the side so that she could see the cyborg from the other side. “Just be careful, these can be a little spicey.”

His mention of cake caused a light laugh to trill up from low in her throat. It was unexpected. The way he could move from entirely serious to hold the capacity of a little, curious boy, or naughty child was always refreshing. She shook her head a little and unwrapped her burrito partway before bringing it to her lips to try a bite. The Jedi made a small happy sound and sighed in relief. It was so hard to find a good Mygeeto Burrito ANYWHERE but Mygeeto. “I don’t know if I’ll be able to finish this—”

“Let alone cake, too. You’re going to make me puff like a balloon and float away.”

Oh, if only. To drift among the clouds. To not have a care in the world.

It almost hurt to pretend to smile. But she could do that. Today.

For him.

kobanner_1.png

N A B O O
Wearing This
Creed. Voph had expected her to say Malvern. He could not remember her directly, but he remembered the foul stench of her once-beloved. "A pleasure, Minister Creed." He turned back to the counter to collect his drink. "It would be an honor. I have, and I loathe saying it aloud lest I tempt fate, few tasks for the rest of the day." He gestured towards the tables signalling that she should select one, and he would follow. As they walked towards the table, he answered her question.

"I am somewhat new to Theed. But I am also a quick study. That and even a blind man could find his way to the Presidium." He grinned at his own joke. But if only Alesandra knew the truth of why he would find it so funny. As they arrived at the table, Voph pulled a chair away from the table for Alessandra to sit in, before taking the seat opposite her for himself. He took a cautious first sip of his caf, and let the soft glow of his eyes wander around the small Cafe. "So tell me, what impressive feats have the Ministry of Commerce attained of late? I would imagine it's one of the more straightforward positions within the Presidium?"

Tags: Srina Talon Srina Talon

How the woman had managed to stay so composed with the children of others following her, Kurayami couldn't guess. Part of why he never had the want for children of his own. Even he had to admit though that just watching her manipulate the shapes of the bubbles in such subtle ways was impressive, though he was not quite as enthralled as the kids or their parents. Both seemed to become even more entranced with the explanation that it "Must be the wind," the fact that both of the younglings straightened up, stopped arguing, and addressed her as ma'am nearly in unison did not surprise him at all. He had seen the woman in enough situations to know that her presence was an authoritative one to start with, and even moreso when her tone iced over.

She didn't shy from his touch so she had likely noticed him long before he actually approached her. The universally recognized symbol of "You nearly blew my cover you fething idiot" was once more directed to him. "My apologies. I never did quite understand the need to be incognito at an event such as this, but I can certainly understand and respect the want to be so. Gives ya time away from all the insanity of your job." The fact that she did not return the smile was not entirely unexpected even if he hoped that she may have for some unknown reason. After she turned to face him and give her small bow as a hello then came the question he had expected, even though his eyes narrowed slightly and a momentary flash of anger moved over his features.

"No ma'am. I am not here on behalf of any government or company. Besides, outside of a very few, I wasn't seen as important to anything they did. Tolerated sure, wanted or needed...not in the least. So I cut all ties to them. Naboo and I have a long history. It is boring and complicated, but it holds a special place in my heart." As he spoke his hand came to rest gently over the hilt on his left hip. It was clear that he was not going to draw the weapon, but Srina may catch that somehow that saber figured into the rest of the story, "For a few reasons."

NABOO

Obsidian isn't the rarest of materials, but I could feel it calling from the street.

The Alchemist couldn't agree more. In a physical sense, the morsel of stone held within it just a meager sum of shadow. Yet in the metaphysical? It held untold potential. And the feeling that erupted in the man's stomach was synonymous with an artist looking upon a blank canvas. It had been far too long since he had created something. Anything. Frankly, it was impossible to prevent the gears from turning now. He asked of his mate what her intentions were for the stone, should there be enough for her ambitions.

Something to compensate.

The lingering meaning of her words were not lost upon him. He rendered a slow nod - for Ryloth had taken much from her. She sacrified her primordial strength at his behest. Pried him from the fire, as it were. As thanks, the very least he could do was see to the creation of something fitting. His dominant hand simply settled upon her shoulder. Fingertips gingerly touching the fabrics before trailing down - all the way to the wrist. The motion was sentimental - at least from the outside looking in. In truth? Isley was taking measurements. Mental notes of just how much reach his partner had.

"Then a weapon you shall have. I'm thinking mobility. Something that even your hair could wield if you so chose."

She might have thought him bluffing. His tone said otherwise.

The jingle of the door's bell briefly pulled the Alchemist from the drawing board. Looking up, he spied a familiar face - one which caused a light smile to grace his features. Family was such a rare sight nowadays. And though shared blood did not race betwixt them, the Cathar still flew his banner. In greeting, the man called him boss. That was a first. It illicited a chuckle. "Talohn, well met." he said. In greeting, he simply extended his fist to be bumped. "Brother is fine." he added, before motioning towards the primordial woman.

"This is the love of my life. Elyria, meet Talohn a member of House Verd." He then rendered a polite nod to the Cathar's companion. "And who is your friend?"

Silver-Purp-B.gif

N A B O O
Tag: Kurayami Bloodborn Kurayami Bloodborn
Wearing: XXX

Most wouldn’t realize it, but, Srina had existed before being the Exarch. Clan Talon was large. She had spent a good deal of her formative years with young cousins and as an adult she had doted on her niece. Before Adron disappeared, his son, had been a constant companion for her. She could react incredibly gracelessly when besot with unexpected affection—but she understood younglings well enough. They were simply small adults that often-lacked sense, though, made up for missing impulse control with a vast imagination. They loved, hoped, so easily.

Srina waved off his mistake of potentially outing her to the public.

“If everyone referred to you as the “Dread Queen” and expected to lose a limb at first sight you might hide too.”

She did not smile easily—If ever. Even as a child she had been somber and serious. The youthful playfulness that her siblings had displayed seemed to have missed her entirely. Whereas Tellu preferred the more artistic approach, Srina, had joined the Military Academy. She had an immediate interest in swordplay and tactical pursuits. Diplomacy had always been a want to learn…But she had never held time for it. Nor did she have a knack for it. Not truly.

She was blunt, taciturn, and did not lie.

That did make for a good politician.

Echani eyes do not miss when his eyes narrowed at the mention of the First Order and she continued to aid the younglings as needed. Instructing, here, changing the bubbles there. She listened quietly while he explained his relationship to the ailing empire to their west. She had been surprised to see him standing with them in a diplomatic summit. Comforted, but surprised. It did not seem to be his calling either. “Good.”, was the only reply she gave. Succinct, and final.

Silver eyes lifted from the bubble wand she was holding and she tilted her head at the much taller man. He had been one of the first people she had met in the Confederacy. They had always been like two ships, save, for the random occasion that led to a collision. “What reasons?”

“I loathe this place
.”

wrappingpaper.png
Tags:
Kyyrk Kyyrk

The Minister waited for the barista to procure her lunch with terse patience. It was not endless—Time was money. Even though she was off the clock she despised anything that cut into her free time unwanted or unbidden. A slow server in the café most definitely counted as one of those things. How hard was it to toss a few leafy greens into a bowl, mix, shake, and serve? She placed the order on her charge and grudgingly assigned a tip. More than slow service—She loathed a cheapskate over anything else. “Does the Exarch keep you on your toes, then?”

She could imagine. In her experience, the Echani he served had the manners of a Mandalorian and was just about as interesting as watching a snail crawl across the sidewalk. That this ma seemed to hold her in such high esteem, truly, was par for the course.

Something about the way he responded about his presence in Theed caused flawlessly sculpted eyebrows to knit together for a moment. He was amused with himself. There was a joke there that she didn’t quite understand. She glanced over her tray and examined his form through the peripherals and her eyes narrowed for a moment. In the right light—She could ignore his appearance. The sharp features. The fleshy protrusions that marked him as a rare species, or an offshoot, that was definitely not from around here. But…He was familiar nonetheless.

Was he related to the old Lord Commander?

It would explain why Srina had taken him in.

He pulled out her chair and she murmured a soft word in thanks. Perhaps, chivalry wasn’t dead. She settled the tray and set her clutch on the table before draping a cloth napkin over her lap. When he asked about her work a soft, svelte laugh trilled forward. It was smooth enough that it could have been mistaken for a feline purr. “Impressive feats?”

“You mean—Like ensuring Naboo doesn’t bankrupt itself with these festivals every few weeks? Or three credit-sucking coronations in the span of a few months?”

“I spend most of my time turning absolutely terrifying financial disasters into a boon.”, she offered, before picking up her utensil to spear a little bit of her lunch. Alessandra chewed thoughtfully for a moment before following up his query with a question of her own. “How is it working for Exarch Talon. I’m shocked to see you haven’t died from exceeding boredom…”

Because by the Force, was Srina Talon dull as hell.

Tag: Darth Metus Darth Metus || Talohn Atar Talohn Atar || Leea Pandac Leea Pandac
Wearing: Black

Elyria was pleased that Isley understood her meaning, though, he grew more adept with every passing day. Her cryptic words left him less befuddled. Less concerned about whether or not she was speaking in the here and then, versus, somewhere lost in an isolated temporal displacement. She could be present and not. There and not. Often, he knew which was which. “…You do not disapprove the spending of your treasures on materials?”

He did not seem to mind. Eyes of night watched while his fingers ran down her arm, to her wrist, before they turned back to meet his gaze. Curious. She did not comment. Instead, she continued to toy with the small piece of obsidian between her fingers. It seemed to hum with life the more she held it in proximity. Her hair seemed to hear what the sable-skin man intended before she did, though. Something that her hair could wield?

It lashed out around him and twisted faithfully around his wrist.

“That could prove…Interesting.”

While Isley turned to acknowledge the patron who made the annoying door chime go off the primordial woman initially ignored it. She had no patience for the Nabooian peasantry. Smiling, shiny, happy faces with eyes full of wonder and delight. Their hearts were so full of excitement in the wake of the festival that she could literally smell their goodwill and happiness. The stench would linger in her nose for days, no doubt. As the Vicelord greeted his “brother” she turned, finally, to see what the fuss was about.

She had interesting eyes?

They flickered, sweeping over the whelp, before uttering a bored reply. “Likewise.”

He called for another, perhaps, another member of House Verd and the shadowy entity seemed to shuffle from her position with Darth Metus Darth Metus . Her hair moved first, before her body did, twining unnaturally around the Sith Lord while she peered over his shoulder at the young couple. The female was a mere waif and the male had a laissez-faire aura that made her wonder. “They may not have my obsidian.”

Her nails pulled along the fabric of his shirt before her chin settled with a defiant, royal thud, on his shoulder. Her warning was a petulantly regal whisper that promised possible retribution.

“I was here first.

kobanner_1.png

N A B O O
Wearing This
Voph shrugged as the woman offered what he thought to be a highly typical answer. Finances were never his strong suit. Not to this scale, at any rate. Truly Creed loved up to her reputation. She did not let the silence hang for long before she asked Voph a question of her own. What was it like serving under Talon? "Boredom is something I've grown well accustomed to over the years. Talon can be...hit or miss. Some days are vastly more interesting than others."

Voph took a sip of his caf, turning to glance our the window at the street outside. "And I don't know that I would say work for her. Learn from her, perhaps. Master, apprentice, all that Obsidian stuff." He turned his attention back to Creed. "She keeps me on a rather strict regime of combat training and study. Not to say that she won't utilize me as an errand boy, but..." Voph shrugged. "I've served harsher. My time under her tutelage will not be eternal."

Voph fell quiet for a moment, then took another sip of his caf. "It is not without its perks, however. Being the right hand of an Exarch, regardless of your opinion of them, opens a good number of doors." The look he held upon his face suggested that he knew who Creed was. But at the same time, offered an odd respect of not drawing attention to the detail. She, after all, had not introduced herself as Malvern, nor did she wear a ring. "How is it working as a Minister? I must confess I've only met one of the ministers before and....well, she keeps us well armed, but..." He unmistakably spoke of the infamous Vis, Minister of Technology. A...quirky individual to say the least, but one that was one of the most technical minds in all of the Confederacy, save, perhaps, for John Locke...

lTNakA.png

s3dDgJ.png

5FyIUx.png

It almost felt like a dance, threading a path through the boisterous crowd, everyone was so focused on getting to the next stall or chasing after friends and family that they hardly looked left or right. It was a case of two steps forward one step back with plenty of juking to the left and right to slip through the crowd and make it to the table.

If he was honest, John couldn’t remember the last time he’d been to a fair like this, to somewhere people were just focused on having fun, on laughing and living in the moment. It was so easy to get lost in the crowd, to let the moment sweep you away with them. It was easy to see why fairs, these street parties and fetes were so popular, why people wanted them now more than ever, a chance to escape from the cruelty of reality.

For a day, for an hour or a minute, to forget their worries and just live.

The dark-haired man’s eyes drifted away from the crowd, settling back on the table as delicate pale fingers pushed aside the flowers. Dark eyes met jade for a for a moment before he glanced down uncertainly at the burrito in front of him. John had eaten food from all over the galaxy…though most of those were either fast food brought into a strategy meeting or gourmet food served at a gala. He’d never actually seen anything like this before. A small sound of happiness brought his attention up from the package infront of him, a smile lighting up his face as the sight of the Jedi eating.

For that moment, that heartbeat of time she seemed genuinely happy. For the space between one second and the other she almost seemed like herself again. For that if nothing else this day was a success.

“If you like it that much then this must really be good.”

The man lifted the burrito to his lips taking a hesitant bite of it, eyes widening as the flavour burst over his tongue. It was fresh, tasted like nothing he’d ever tasted and…there was a kick. A burst of spice that left him sucking in a breath, reaching for his juice to soothe the burning on his tongue.

“That’s…spicy.”

A wry, chagrined grin pulled up his lips as he took another bite, a more cautious one, relishing the taste.

“Isn’t that the point of a fair? What happens at the fair, stays at the fair. I won’t tell anyone we tried the sweets if you don’t.”

For a moment that sad look danced back across the woman’s face, the laughter that had lit up her features fading from her eyes. It was like watching that struggle play out, his hand twitching towards hers before he caught himself.

“I’ve always envied birds that, to be able to fly up there, to look down and just see the world stretched out before them. All that opportunity…although I guess then they’d miss out on spotting the little things, like these burritos.”

Like a smile and a laugh lighting up a face

So many things he wanted to say, so many words that he could never get past his lips.

Just for a moment, to be able to make her smile, to forget the memories that ailed her.

That was all he wanted to do.

5FymVN.png

Last edited:

wrappingpaper.png
Tags:
Kyyrk Kyyrk

A little smirk touched the kiss of full lips while he explained his experiences in an equally vague manner. Hit or miss. That seemed about right, though, a little generous. She couldn’t blame him. For all he knew she could have been “close friends” with someone in the Offices of the Exarch and let any manner of indiscretion slip. Alessandra wasn’t the type, though. She earned her stripes through hard work and determination. There was no hand up to raise her to Minister—She had climbed that hill herself. Alone.

“Interesting. As far as I knew Exarch Talon still referred to herself as an apprentice. I didn’t know she’d taken one.”

The claim was laughable. The Minister was never quite sure why Talon hid behind the coattails of the Vicelord like a wayward child, but it was a fact that she had never taken the steps necessary to elevate herself. It bothered Alessandra for a number of reasons. “Your days sound a little like mine…Replace training with balancing books. Cutting deals. Pandering to…”, she sighed, eyes lifting heavenward, before stabbing a piece of green. “Everyone.”

Literally, everyone. The Confederacy controlled most of the major trade routes and that made for some very interesting bedfellows. She couldn’t reach out to one faction without inciting another. Trade droids with the Sith to reduce slavery? Tick off the Jedi. Welcome the Jedi and offer sanctuary from galactic threats at no cost to them? Tick off the Sith. It was an endless cycle.

Iskellion mentioned the variety of doors that could be opened from befriending an Exarch and a tanned hand waved in the air for a moment. Entirely, dismissively. “They’re a bore. A stepstool—Sure.”

“But absolutely dreadful.”

If she caught on that he knew her association with Adron Malvern the Minister of Commerce did not comment. The mention of Visanj T'shkali Visanj T'shkali caused Alessandra to shake her head slowly with a rather knowing expression. If anyone had one of the more interesting jobs, plus, the personality to pull it off—The Minister of Science and Technology did it flawlessly. “My work is much less enthralling…”

“…Less violent.”

She could still remember when someone from a no-name Hegemony came and parked their warships in the orbit of Geonosis in an effort to say “hello” in the early hours of a busy morning. She would never forget waking up to klaxons and the sound of someone being fired. “I do a lot of traveling to be honest. Most contacts with leads, resources, and the capital to get things done want it handled face to face.”

“There have been the occasional accidents. More than a few heists and fire-fights. Not everyone in the galaxy is honest and it can require…Swift solutions.”

All Things With Love
Codex Judge

GiaSJO.png

T H E E D

“It’s the best!”

She responded, momentarily pleased, though his response was worth it all. She chuckled softly behind her hand and shook her head. Waves of red hair tumbled in the sunlight and emerald eyes flickered with barely concealed amusement when he reached for the juice. “Wuss.”

No one in any part of the galaxy, save perhaps his brother, would have dared to call the CEO of Locke and Key Mechanics a wuss. Combined with the fact that he was one the three most powerful individuals within the Confederacy? It should have been a suicide attempt. Had she been talking to Exarch Talon it likely could have been. The Jedi Knight settled into her seat and kept nibbling here and there while using a napkin to remain spot-free.

Her eyebrows pulled up her forehead a little when at his follow-up about the fair but she didn’t comment right away. Instead, she watched him over the top of her lunch and waited for him to realize the context that his words were usually taken in. Sweets or not. “Phrasing, Exarch.”

The storm clouds that wouldn’t quite disappear seemed to creep in the back of her eyes. When she’d had her fill of the burrito, she wiped her hands on the napkin and let them sit on the table. No matter what small moment of peace she found in his presence, always, the darkness crept back in. It pulled at the edges of her being and made her feel as if she were breaking beneath the warm sunlight.

Her chest felt tight. Too tight.

His voice pulled her from unwilling retrospection and her eyes drew back toward his face while she pressed a soft smile into her expression. He was trying hard to draw her attention away from the things that bothered her. It was just more difficult than it used to be. Normally, she could cast away the shadow and sadness like removing a blanket. It was simple. “Most birds actually have impeccable eyesight. Far better than humans…Though, you are a little more than human.”

A sad smile met the edges of sad eyes. She tried, for him, but it was difficult. It was hard to keep shining for everyone else when it felt like she was running on empty.

“It’s all right, John. I’ll be all right.”

It was all she could do to reassure him. The empathy that let her lift emotions from others so easily also translated his worries. The happiness of the crowd was infectious, but even that, couldn’t keep her from slipping completely. Time hadn’t helped.

In the end—She only blamed herself.

As Talohn makes his way over to stand before Metus, a....fist is offered to him? Having not grown up in the wider galaxy, every once and a while he ran into a concept he had yet to see. He hesitantly raises his fist, looking quite puzzled.. "Uh...so, how's this work? Like..how much force? The warriors back home would headbutt eachother really hard a singular time after a successful hunt. Is it like that? Or uh...Yea, I'll just..." He lightly taps his knuckles upon Metus's in a successful fist bump. The cathar shows off those scary incisors in a happy grin as he's told referring to Metus as a brother would suffice. "Ina? I'm fine with that." Ina being the catharese word for 'brother', it's said in that distinctive catharese accent. It's more prevalent when he speaks the native language, though he's still got a slight accent when speaking basic.

When Elyria is introduced, Talohn gives a bow of his head. "Sorry if I seemed tense when I first entered. Your presence in the force is uh.....Interesting when running into it for the first time." He scratches his head. "I'm used to it now though." With Leea in the building now, his attention turns to her. "This here is the pilot on my ship, Leea Pandec." He playfully ruffles her hair. "Lotta talent for her age." He was just introducing her. He knew she was pondering joining up with his clan, but he wasn't going to bring it up unless she did. She would take that step when she was ready, be that now or later. but there was nothing wrong with being introduced to the right people for when the time came.

Elyria responded to his comment about her eyes about as he expected. It was a weird thing to say, but he had to save himself from accidentally saying she had the presence of a creature from beyond the abyss. A singular brow raises as the odd being drifts like water to have her chin on Metus's shoulder, prehensile hair all around. Perhaps this actually was a creature from beyond the abyss. "I came here cause I sensed an interesting aura." he waves a dismissive hand. "Your obsidian is safe. Though in terms of using shiny materials, I'd personally recommend something more exciting or adventurous. I hear Krayt pearls have some pretty powerful properties. Makes for a glorious hunt, too." The cathar loved his hunts, being a jungle predator related sentient. All his people loved a good hunt. Noticing that Black Haired Abeloth is starting to get defensive, he gives Metus a look. Nothing angry or grumpy, more of an extremely confused expression that says 'Please tell me the kid I just brought in is safe.' If not, this would be the second time he brought a kid into Metus's presence with a life threatening situation following instantly after. The first time being when they so much as attempted to land on Mandalore. It certainly wasn't setting a good record.

Darth Metus Darth Metus Darth Elyria Darth Elyria Leea Pandac Leea Pandac

Last edited:

kobanner_1.png

N A B O O
Wearing This
Voph nodded, his brow knitting together in understanding as she spoke of work in the field. "Face to face is always better, I don't care how good hologram technology has gotten." He glanced around the small cafe before leaning in an whispered, "Hard to have a good bar fight over the com." Voph grinned roguishly as he straightened back up, taking another sip from his drink. Voph brought his left hand up to delicately scratch at his cheek, the fingerless gauntlet revealing the metal digits underneath. "Back in the good old days, before my force sensitivity was discovered, I worked as an intelligence agent." He picked up his drink again, gripping the lid with thumb and middle finger, while pointing at Creed with the index finger to emphasize his next point, "NOT for the Confederacy."

He took another sip, this one longer as the liquid had begun to cool. "Never did engage in any heists, but I did supply intel for a few. Some days I miss the simplicity of it all." Voph set his drink down on the table, and leaned back in his chair, folding his arms over his chest. "Life's much easier when you don't have to care about pissing off the people around you. Either it's your job, or they'll never be able to find you, so what does it matter?" Voph watched Creed eat in silence for a moment, then commented, "Then Eshan had to go and ruin it all. But I've grown rather fond of this place all the same." Voph let the silence persist for a moment, then shook his head and reached for his caf as he dismissed whatever memory he had recalled. "So I'm curious: what exactly does a Minister of Commerce do in their free time? Or do you even allow yourself such a luxury?"

Tags: Srina Talon Srina Talon

While Kurayami had known Srina before she was in the position of Exarch, he had not known her before they both ended up at the Golbah Games together. Looking back that seemed like an eternity ago. She had an understanding of younglings that he clearly did not possess as it was a harsh reminder of what his path had ripped from him decades ago. The woman who had carried the saber on his hip before him was one of the main reasons he had come to regard this place as home.

When Srina waved off his mistake of nearly outing her he nodded in thanks for just brushing it aside. Her comment about her nickname brought an understanding smile.

"I do understand though those days are long in the past. When my squadmates were still alive we had a reputation among our enemies for being heartless and calculating, and those were the ones we let go home. Used to have a separate transponder in our glory days. "

It was true that neither of them were natural diplomats, but she could manage to feign the image of one better than he could. In reality that likely came from the fact taht she had been forced to act in a diplomatic manner more than he had during his life. Sometimes he could fumble his way through diplomatic talks, he never had been good at the circumlocution. Politics had never been a passion of his nor did he have any want to deal with it more than he was forced to.

Her response to his mentioning that he had cut ties to the First Order made him happy. While he hadn't thought that he would be unwelcome if he were to return, her reaction did naught but reinforce that feeling for him. She was quick and to the point. Then came the lifting of her eyes and her tilting his head to look up at him, she was one of the first whom he had met within the CIS.

"In short, my late fiancé was from the outskirts of Theed, hers is the saber I carry. The other two are less personal but equally important to me, one is that I was here on leave when Corellia was cleaved in two. Secondly there was a gathering place here, a neutral ground where I took my first steps into the mysteries of the Force, learning from Jedi, Sith, and unaligned users alike. I occasionally come to visit the memorial to my late fiancé."

Last edited:
Lords of might and power dwell in forms unseen,
Surrounded by the light of heart and mind.
Their strength unknown to the lesser folk,
Their minds free of mortal coils bound so tight.
Respect they command and so receive,
About these heroes rise to serve them...
-Excerpt from "The Grave Binds None"

There was a moment of quiet as she arrived, though words yet filled the air. Introductions were in order, yet tenseness remained. A misunderstanding? Evidence pointed to such and Leea felt the strange emanations from these new faces. The dark one in particular, wearing blackness and with hair bound to its own will. This woman felt strange, not that Leea could comprehend why her mind thought such a peculiar thought. The emanations of the Force beyond full consciousness, yet all too impactful in her thoughts. The Mirialan glanced nervously from the face of a fellow she had met once before, though the name had not remained in memory, to that pale face of a dark spirit. Its, or perhaps hers was a term closer to the visual mark, movements were ethereal, almost like one of the ghosts Leea had heard many tales of.

Yet perhaps some inner strength yet remained, a bit of that iron will that should serve well in battle rather than in peace. Leea pulled forth on her best smile and manufactured some facsimile of cordial politeness as she tried to focus on the conversation's path. She had mastered the momentary uncertainty as her name was brought around and a hand mussed her hair. Tilting her face to Talohn's she gave a broad grin, genuine and grateful. His trust in her remained a source of thankfulness and indeed joy. When her face turned back to the other two, her mind was bolstered against the weirdness that sought to enrapture her attention and render her voice silent.

With a formal bow, almost akin to a child acting as seriously as was within their capacity, Leea spoke with strength that belied her inner queries, "Well met." Then, with that little bit expended, Leea found herself free to continue and she spoke more conversationally, "Don't worry about the rock Miss, I'm sure I've got enough for me." A simple grin tried to reinforce the lack of ill-intent.

It seemed that Talohn was more in tune with the Force now, for he was aware of something that Leea was not and she was uncertain if such was the time to bring up such topics. He asked a query of Metus, the name seemed befitting of the face, perhaps her memory was better than she thought. Yet curiosity bid she learn more about this strange being, the dark one. With the tentativeness of one not wishing to overstep social boundaries, concepts still somewhat foreign to the Mirialan forged in war, Leea studied the haired one as she questioned, "If it isn't too much to ask, where are you from? Does your hair naturally move like that? I've never met anyone quite like you."

Talohn Atar Talohn Atar Darth Metus Darth Metus Darth Elyria Darth Elyria

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom