Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Staff A Clarification

giphy.gif

Chancellor Emerita / Advisor of State
tenor.gif

Not to be "that gal," but since you've left this particular announcement open for comment in response to the announcement the other day:

As the leader of a faction with a fairly prominent number of black members who find the whole n-word announcement performative, is this hammer also being brought down on them? Are black members of Chaos now expected to alter their vernacular to conform to these standards?

Or is Chaos taking actual steps to rid the site of racism?​

In Umbris Potestas Est
tenor.gif

Not to be "that gal," but since you've left this particular announcement open for comment in response to the announcement the other day:

As the leader of a faction with a fairly prominent number of black members who find the whole n-word announcement performative, is this hammer also being brought down on them? Are black members of Chaos now expected to alter their vernacular to conform to these standards?

Or is Chaos taking actual steps to rid the site of racism?​

Yes, however the approach is being taken against everyone regardless of race.

I’ve always expected everyone on Chaos - everyone - to alter their vernacular on Chaos. Which we do and have always done. Skin color, race, etc has never been in consideration of this behavior.

The main grievance is whether or not it extends to Chaos’s plethora of Discords. If it’s private, I obviously don’t care.

If it’s public and related to this community - like every Major Faction - then yes, alter your vernacular or be held accountable.

Its always been my understanding that sites like this are a kingdom of their own. So long as certain things both cuz of the domain that hosts it and the few laws governing the twisting nether by the country you sit in are lawful, the owner can punt those he/she wishes and or the community demands, as they want. Am I disappointed that someone I knew, tossed their manners to the trash? Yes.

Its in all of us to act within the parameters of manners and respect that we were all taught to follow. Every tantrum over x thing that makes its way into public, every disrespectful conversation about said person/place/thing, and so forth, walk towards behavior that can and will bring consequences. Those consequences could just be people don't appreciate your presence and avoid you, to out right getting punted, as chosen by whoever happens to accidentally wade into the moment it happens.

As it has been proven time and time again, no nasty behavior even if not Chaos related, isn't safely hidden away on this site. People can and will find out and then the whole community finds out and, action is taken in some form. The point of all this? Don't act in such a way that goes against what you damn well know to be the golden rule and you will be fine.

Otherwise? Well, you see the result.

There is no real anonymity on the internet, unless you take some incredible steps to make it so and participate in no community that lives in it. So treat the internet as you would in the public spaces outside it in the way you really should be doing, if you also choose to ignore that beautiful golden rule there too. I love this community, I adore most people within it, but it doesn't pay to forget Tefka is always watching and his staff too, regardless of how nice and fluffy they all are.

Remember this.

Aloy Vizsla Aloy Vizsla Yeah that completely came out of left field.

I just want to sit here and do posts and make stuff blow up, why do people have to go do things like this? Every time something like this happens I'm super confused because it seems like everyone turns on each other like it's the Purge or something.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom