Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dominion Shadow Empire: The Living Planet | EE Dominion of Zonama Sekot

odx5t6T_d.webp

Objective: Protect the others
Tags: Vidalu Na'an Vidalu Na'an :||: Taozi Fuyuan Taozi Fuyuan :||: Adelle Bastiel Adelle Bastiel :||: Kalic Daws Kalic Daws
Darlyn was barely listening, his mind starting to race with every step inward he took. Oh the siren's song, the easy choices to take. He could feel it echoing in his skull the closer he got, and he knew the others would hear it too. Was it real, was it imagined, did that even matter? The only point he knew was he could hum along with the ringing lure of Darkness, and keep in tune unlike Na'an's attempt as she lead them along. He matched it, and started taking it in again as the collective moved.

Another cough, and he covered his mouth with his arm. Oh they were close, painfully close. Soon enough it may end up being all he could do to keep himself grounded.

The body Na'an found, or rather made, was of very deep concern. Yes he could feel it, the Void, the Dark. It wasn't until he could approach the body though that he could really tell the former was there, as he could not see it. It simply didn't exist, or parts of it didn't. Just like... the cure. He looked over at Taozi, and when she spared a glance she'd catch the look on his face. Was this just normal vong tech, or was this the Cure? The question was apparent for his Mandalorian sibling, but he did not ask the question aloud.

When Kalic had a moment, Darlyn passed his lightsaber into his other hand, and placed a hand on his shoulder. "Steady, friend. Focus on the bonds we share, not on the horrors around us. If nothing else, focus on that to steady yourself." He was doing his best to syphon off any darkness lingering around Kalic, and help him, but more noticeably would be the fact his voice was matched in their heads along with another, feminine voice. A voice distinctly not his own, but soft enough it seemed like it was trying to avoid being heard.

He turned his head again towards the others walking in, and started to follow. There was a need to be there, he could feel it in his bones.

odx5t6T_d.webp

Equipment: Standard lightsaber​

Monstrosity. Adelle stared at the Cerean even as the darkness swallowed the light from both Na'an's and Darlyn's--Red's lightsabers. From what little she could see and what more she could smell and sense, the Cerean had been dead for a few hours at least. She knelt to examine the cables at the back of the Cerean's neck and saw more wires travelling from the neck up into her elongated skull. But Rabbit's sword confirmed her announcement: Vong biotech had been etched with barbaric sigils and runes before being unceremoniously attached to the Cerean.

Ā̷̻̰̙̬̼B̸͔̺̣̼̈́́̽̉̒͝Ọ̵̢͓̀̿̈́̍̉̽͘Ḿ̶̢̑̈́̐͋͠I̷͕̒̄̑́̽N̶̪̬͉̳̒̍̏ͅÄ̵̛͍̗͙̞͕́̓̔́͐̈̚T̸̫̃̊̃Ȋ̵̧̲̞͔͖͓̎͛͠Ǒ̸̯͎̯͈̯̝͌̇̉͐Ņ̵̛͎̩͌̏̓͂͘͠

Adelle closed her eyes against the sudden headache and stretched out her senses. Twelve. Twelve echoes of heartbeats gathered ahead. Only two beat in rhythm, agonizingly slow but alive. The other ten twitched haphazardly, a terrible imitation.

"One still lives," she said, opening her eyes to the darkness again. Adelle opened her mouth to speak again but thought better of it. She had a bad feeling about this.

"Na'an, I need your help deconstructing the ritual." Of the other four, Na'an and Red were her two best options. Originally, she thought Rabbit and her skill at healing would be useful to perform the cleansing. But the woman seemed reluctant to open herself fully to the Force. And Red, while knowledgeable, was needed to help the others. Adelle offered Na'an her hand.

"Mind meld with me. If the ritual is disturbed, or we make a misstep, there will be a backlash. The mind meld should mitigate that. The others will have to watch our backs."

Vidalu Na'an Vidalu Na'an | Taozi Fuyuan Taozi Fuyuan | Darlyn Excron Darlyn Excron | Kalic Daws Kalic Daws

TAKING TIME
pDrQqwv.png
Equipment: Powered Wheelchair, Enviroweave Blanket, Plain Cloths
Haywire I Armor over Viper Mk. I Skinsuit, Duraglide Boots with Boot Rockets
Dark Purple pair of Wrist Dazzlers, 7 Whimsy Knives, 3 Glitter Grenades, 2 Giggle Grenades, 1 Pink Vapor Grenade

Objective: Tal Type Medical Vessel - Obj III
Tag: Anashja Tal Anashja Tal

The comment about being girls once seemed to perplex the younger girl. A curious tilt of her head the only sign of such before the explanation of her culture came forward.

"Isn't that most of the galaxy though? Seems a better way to start than everyone handing you things." The shrug that accompanied it seemed nonchalant enough as it upset her balance just a bit. The zing of fear made her bob in the water before a moving picture was shared.

She titled her head back enough to watch the loop and glance at Anashja as she seemed to float a little easier with her mind distracted. An awkward silence from Fel as she watched with a smile but did not comment on the familial bond. It made the other happy, and that was enough in her mind that needed to be said. It had the desired effect however as Fel seemed to float altogether a bit easier.

"That makes sense." She gave a soft nod as to not drown herself. She floated along, taking a deep breath finally as the nervous energy seemed to drain from her. The small accomplishment noted by the woman and the soldier still unmoving from their post. The instructions had her giggling a bit. The soft push of her arms pulling her along in the water as a bright glint appeared in her eyes.

Her form lazily moved in the water, legs dangling along as she effortlessly propelled herself. The nagging thought of the woman's family however seemed to draw the bright glimmer to a another and more curious gleam as she leaned to look at Anashja. The question burned in her mind, demanding it be spoken before she finally asked.

"What's it like? Having a family, I mean?" The phrasing might have seemed odd to the other, but it was spoken plainly, without any hint of bitterness or sorrow. Like a toddler asking about something they did not understand.

Wanderer Lost, Wanderer Found

odx5t6T.png

Equipment: One (1) custom-made shoto lightsaber, Dantari crystal, One (1) CR-1 Blast Cannon, One (1) 50-meter length of synthrope, Four (4) standard thermal detonators.
Appearance: Nondescript leathers, mismatched with standard-issue Ultranaut helmet.
Interacting: Taozi Fuyuan Taozi Fuyuan ,
Kalic Daws Kalic Daws , Adelle Bastiel Adelle Bastiel , Darlyn Excron Darlyn Excron
Nearby: LE-03 (Leigh)

Na'an nodded, and reached back to take Adelle's hand without a word. Like Doc's, her eye was fixed forward, where she could feel the slow pulse of agonizing thought. One living Cerean....and five more dead ones, lost to the dark humming of the Sith-enhanced tech. The others could handle five bodies easily, especially if they were in as poor shape as the corpse at her feet. All the same, her other hand held her shoto at the ready as the pair stepped down from the tunnel into the cavern.

Even with the light, and her implant, it took a few seconds for Na'an to get oriented in the darkness of the space. She led Doc carefully over every cable she tripped over, disregarding the sounds of the others spreading out in favor of listening for more of the dead. There was a dodgy second where Doc had to pull her towards the wall and away from a closing-in moan, but between them the two quickly made their way to the center of the chamber, which was dominated by....

Well, in the dark, it looked a bit like a power chair. Or it would have, if not for massive generator it was attached to where the repulsors would be. If not for the giant masses of thick black cables snaking out of the generator, and into the Cerean seated at its base. If not for the droning that seemed to get louder as they approached as if in warning, filling Na'an's brain with alarm bells even as she forced herself forward. The drone that filled the chamber was coming from here--from the generator, from the cables, and from the Cerean--who just opened his eyes, let out a rattling breath, and reached for Adelle.

Na'an was three steps back from his grasp in the time it took to blink. “You’re the one driving the other bodies, aren’t you?” She said, not sure if the edge in her voice was from fear, or revulsion, or both. Either way, she'd already made a point to keep her body--and her blade--between the Cerean and Doc.

The Cerean's breath rattled again; his hand remained outstretched. "Jedi--"

“What's this thing you've hooked yourself into? Why the Vong tech? Why Cereans?”

“Please—please—”

At that moment, the Cerean's voice hitched. Like a child, trying and failing to hold back a sob. Na'an felt another twist in her stomach, this time not from either the stench or the darkness rolling off him in waves, but the familiar one she'd felt a hundred times before. She hesitated a moment, still not letting go of Adelle's hand, but then forced herself closer, to hold the shoto up enough to see the Cerean's face clearly.
The Cerean was young--too young to even grow a full beard. His high forehead, once clearly smooth and pretty, was marred by surgical seaming, and pale enough for the circles under his eyes to stand out sickeningly dark. He was emaciated, stomach and chest sunken in from lack of nutrients, and the hand reaching out to them was trembling under its own weight. His eyes, Na'an found herself thinking, would be a lovely shade of blue--if the pain he was in hadn't rendered them so bloodshot as to be nearly purple.

And his thoughts--Na'an had been keeping herself back from them, subconsciously. She sucked in a deep breath, let her guard down, and the suffering and desperation radiating out from him hit her like a train.
He was driving the other bodies, that much was clear--she could feel where what was left of their minds connected to his. It was...spookily familiar. Very like how it felt to be on the green planet, in a twisted sort of way. But this Cerean, barely more than a boy, was no mastermind. He wasn't even controlling the bodies, not consciously. This had been done to him. He'd been altered, attached to this machine along with an entire group of his kind, and left in the dark as the planet sickened and the others died one by one. He was simply the last one alive, looking for anyone who could end the hell he'd been fed to.

Na'an disengaged her shoto, and handed it back to Doc. With her hand free and teeth gritted so hard that the droning made them vibrate, she reached out and closed the distance between herself and the Cerean's fingers.

“It’s okay," she whispered. "I get it now. We’re here. You’re not alone anymore.”

The Cerean's voice rasped in his chest; for how weak he had looked, his grasp on Na'an's hand was surprisingly strong.“They took us—me and—please, you have to find him.”

“Who?”

“My Kadi. Kadi Yan.” The Cerean's eyes rolled, as if looking for the person he had named; the exhale on his lips upon not finding them was almost a sigh of relief. “They said he couldn’t be wasted here. They said his name—his name was a sign.”

A sign? Na'an looked back to Doc, abruptly unsettled. She actually didn't know much about Cerean culture, beyond their tendency for polygamy and the whole thing about them having two brains, but as far as she knew they weren't a species especially tied to the Dark Side. Some of the most famous Jedi of the old Republic were Cereans. So what would a Cerean name mean to the Shadow Empire that would be special? What kind of sign had they been looking for?
“Yan," the Cerean repeated. "Yan was a sign. What does that mean, Jedi?” His weak arms pulled Na'an and Adelle closer; mixed in with the terror and pain in his eyes were the last smoking embers of a terrible anger. “What do they want with us?”

Last edited:

Tags: Felmorante L'lerim Felmorante L'lerim
Equipped: Beskar'gam, lightsabers, healing supplies
IzqILg0.png

"What's it like? Having a family, I mean?"

Anashja noted the tone in the question, she had read her records and was aware that Felmorante was without a family of her own. "OK, so that is a good question, and I will first tell you that I too started without a family, I was a foundling and was taken in by the Tal and my family came later." She didn't want to say something as cheesey as don't worry, a family might find you, but it was how she felt, her found and then birthed family was the most wonderful gift.

"It's amazing Fel, I always knew I would have a child, I assumed a foundling like me, but after I bonded and fell pregnant, which by the way," and she chuckled "i was such a wuss about." She laughed thinking the way the other mandos judged her when she went into full nesting mode. "Ti'zan brings me so much joy, but also a lot of other emotions I didn't plan for, that nagging doubt that if a mission goes bad I never get to see him again, it makes me glad that I am primarily a healer." She thought, "but the best part, is knowing that those two, will always have my back, even when I come homes stinking or make and ass of myself."

She laughed as she finished talking about herself, she was glad that Fel seemed to be distracted by her conversation and seemed less nervous but she was concerned that she might be starting to tire herself out, "How are you doing, did you want to get out and eat something?"

odx5t6T.png

Objective: Restore balance
Tags: Vidalu Na'an Vidalu Na'an || Darlyn Excron Darlyn Excron || Adelle Bastiel Adelle Bastiel || Kalic Daws Kalic Daws
The look Darlyn gave her did not go unnoticed, and the unspoken question weighed heavily upon Taozi's shoulders. She thought for a moment, before shaking her head before Darlyn looked away to take care of Kalic. It didn't make sense for the Cure to be here. The Shadow Empire seemed far too interested in the Force to strip the subjects of their experiments of the Force...

That is, unless they outlived their usefulness, but even then they'd likely just be slaughtered like cattle.

Shaking the tenseness out of her shoulders, Taozi listened as Vidalu and Adelle discussed the ritual. One last Cerean was alive, with 5 corpses ambling around the chamber. Clenching and unclenching her fist repeatedly, Taozi could feel the bile rising in her throat. If Adelle and Na'an were to cleanse the ritual, then they would see no interruption.

"Kote... Kandosii sa ka'rota, vode an."

What was a war chant, would sound more like a funeral march with the somber tone in Taozi's voice as she let the Force lead her into the dark, away from Kalic and Darlyn. There were two corpses shuffling around, she could sense them, and as she got closer she could feel them. Or rather, feel the Void near them enough to know where they were.

"Manda'yaim a'den mhi... Vode an."

A guttural scream would echo as Taozi was charged by a corpse. It reached for her in the dark, but it could not account for her mask's night vision. It's hands were blocked with the edge of her blade, and Taozi took a good look at the poor soul she would return agency to. Judging by his features, and the medium length beard, this one was maybe in his mid-30s. A shame.

With a push, and a slash of her blade, the corpse stumbled back with a groan, it's hands bleeding out what blood had settled in them by gravity, and the new gash across it's chest barely bleeding at all. Beneath the tattered robes, Taozi wondered if it's legs were discolored from all the blood that would have settled there.

As the corpse staggered, Taozi rushed behind it, and severed the cables connected to it's spine, and the corpse fell to the cold stone floor with a thump.

Kalic looked as Darlyn walk up, attempting to comfort the Miraluka. He would give a nod and focus, try to center his thoughts on the bond as apposed to anything around him. He tapped his head a little, trying to stay calm.

“Just a bit too close to home for comfort.” He would try to stop shaking as he heaved off the wall and steadied his repeater. Mando made weapon funny enough. Had to get it after the Empire took his T-22. He took another breath as he listened to Vidalu explain what her and Adella needed. They were going to try and cleanse this place while the others would work to keep them safe. Fun. At least he didn’t have to do any spooky mystical stuff this time. He just had to shoot. He could do that.

And then they came. Five literal walking corpses. That was…. He shook more, taking another breath to steady himself. He heard the Rabbit, and… somehow he picked up some of the words. He… didn’t really know what they meant, but he somehow understood the feeling. Soon, a female Ceran charged him, he took another breath to calm himself, then pulled the trigger. The deep thuds of the particle repeater filled the cave as he unleashed the fire on the practical zombie that was on the attack. He stopped as she fell, taking another breath before feeling something coming in the back of his mind. For the ‘verse’s sack why now?!

Vidalu Na'an Vidalu Na'an Taozi Fuyuan Taozi Fuyuan Darlyn Excron Darlyn Excron Adelle Bastiel Adelle Bastiel

odx5t6T_d.webp

Objective: Protect the others Kill, Maim, Slaughter
Tags: Vidalu Na'an Vidalu Na'an :||: Taozi Fuyuan Taozi Fuyuan :||: Adelle Bastiel Adelle Bastiel :||: Kalic Daws Kalic Daws
He could feel the bonds with the others straining, steadily. Like strings pulled taught, he could feel tension as he felt the violent surges of darkness pulsate across them. No matter who, nor why, a violent death like these always echoed pain and darkness. A violent death at the hands of another even more so.

He stopped being aware of Adelle and Na'an, his mind solely focused on the shadow that had come over him. Everyone had a limit, he'd stressed as much before time and again. And now he finally approached his, ten years without respite had worn his will, his defenses...

And the threads snapped.

Darlyn gripped his lightsaber with both hands, twisting and pulling apart the seperate blades. The angry, bloodthristy growl of his purple blade springing to life at the promise of death, and he glared at the dead still standing with hateful, yellow eyes.

The darkness in him surged forth, amplifying his body beyond normal limits, and he could've sworn he himself growled in tune with his violet lightsaber, as he brought it down on one of the still standing 'dead' cerans. Ahe raised her hand to catch the blade with alchemized metals, only to be greeted by the white saber visibly flashing with light as he swung it into her stomach. It caught on more alchemized metal, but it hardly mattered.

There was violent precision as he began a flurry of strikes, cutting the corpse into a multitude of pieces, barely held together by alchemized metal rivits. No sooner did another corpse collide into him, knocking his wrapons out of hand.

He placed his hands against its head, and growled for sure this time as he sent Lightning directly into it. Bright, Crimson lightning. The thing fell atop him, dead or incapacitated, as he began to finally steady himself.

"Bal... Kote... darasuum kote..." He closed his eyes, as he joined Taozi in song.

"Thank you, Rabbit. The soft woman's voice would whisper into their heads. If they were paying close enough attention, the others could tell that while they understood what was being said, it was most certainly not spoken in Basic.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom