Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech DuraBoot Glide

Status
Not open for further replies.
iwZrbUKm.png
OH7xqaQm.png
g5uAEa8m.png

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION

PRODUCTION INFORMATION
  • Manufacturer: Heartbeat House
  • Affiliation: Open-Market
  • Model: DuraBoot Glide
  • Modularity: Yes, three variants in a range of sizes (based on wheel color):
    • Club Orange
    • Punky Pink
    • Irridescent Green
  • Production: Mass-Produced
  • Material: Armorweave, Nylar, Duranex, Dura-armor
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Multipurpose
  • Weight: Light
  • Resistances:
    • Energy: High
    • Kinetic: Average
    • Lightsabers: High
    • Sonic: Very Low
    • EMP/Ion: Very Low
    • Elemental: High
    • Pressure: Average
SPECIAL FEATURES
  • Heelies: Pop-out roller skate wheel in the heels
  • Toe controls to activate the heelies
  • Weather-proof coating
STRENGTHS
  • Heels to the Wheels - The pop-out roller skate wheels allows the wearer to glide on relatively smooth surfaces, increasing their speed by about 10%.
  • Resistant Shimmer - The sequins are made from dura-armor set on an armorweave backing, which create a boot with high blaster and lightsaber resistance.
  • Rain, Snow, Go Away - Duranex and a weather-proof coating maintains the boot integrity during all kinds of environmental or elemental damage. Does not protect from discoloration, some cleaning may be necessary.
  • Battle Bling - Stylish design makes these boots pop on the battlefield, or anywhere else, making them easy additions to the fashioned-minded warrior wardrobe.
WEAKNESSES
  • Ankle-Biting - Overuse of the heelies can cause some ankle fatigue, especially on uneven surfaces. Not recommended for some species.
  • Long-Laced - These boots are designed to rise close to mid-shin, and as such have a long ankle and laces which takes longer to get on or off.
DESCRIPTION
Rarely does one find comfort, style and function all wrapped up in one neat, little package, but that's exactly what the DuraBoot Glide is. Aimed at a younger, or young-at-heart, crowd of customers, the DuraBoot Glide is a fashionable accessory for the active being, delivering proper foot support and protection at the same time. A blend of Nylar and Duranex keeps the boot strong yet allows a normal range of mobility for the wearer, while Armorweave and Dura-Armor provide protection against a host of hostilities a boot-wearing being might encounter.

The DuraBoot Glide's secret weapon, besides its glamorous chic, is the toe-activated wheel which pops out of the heel, called heelies, that turn the boots into impromptu roller skates. This lets the wearer glide on smooth surfaces, giving them a slight advantage in urbanized areas. The low-tech approach, rather than using repulsorlifts as some higher-cost approaches, keeps the boots affordable for the younger clientele for whom the DuraBoot Glide is their ideal fashion statement.

Fighters should not have to suffer fashion disasters when selecting the appropriate wear to keep them safe, and Heartbeat understands.

Last edited:
Daiya Daiya | Gir Quee Gir Quee

The submission looks good, there are only 2 things that jump out at me that I'll need you to do before I can approve this submission.

1) Name

The name, the Duraboot Fling, is too close to the product the submission is based on, the Heelys Fling 2.0. I'm going to need you to please change the name since this comes too close to the original content in this form.

2) Permissions

I see that you are using Heartbeat House as a manufacturer since you do not own the company I'll need to you provide some proof within this submission that you have permission from the owner to use their company.

Please tag me back when you've done this and we can move on to getting this submission approved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom