Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

You won't.

[member="Sarge Potteiger"]
I find it hard to get any sense of Sarge as a character. He’s crusty, he’s grumpy, he’s sardonic, and yes I’ve not read all your stuff, but I rarely get a sense of what he’s actually like, what he wants and so on.

I’ve never actually met you, the writer, so I can’t comment on similarities between you and the character. :p

Jsc

Disney's Princess
Sarge has always been an enigma to me. His place was always as that soldier in the corner. That guy with the mask. That one guy with no face and no history who made all the other characters present nervous. He was the ultimate mystery. Yet, you knew all his corners with ease. I've always enjoyed that. :D

Well. Now that Sarge is the head of OP. The main man. I expect we will being seeing a side of him that we've never seen before. The Leader. ...No, not the dare-devil, the captain, the vanguard, or the point-man. I mean, The Leader. The Alpha. Atlas unbowed.

And? I wonder if he will rise to the challenge and place the galaxy upon those immovable durasteel shoulders? Or if this will finally be the challenge that break the mystery wide open...

Always a good read. :D

Lord Ghoul

L
I really liked non-force using force-dead Sarge. And then he became a Jedi Master and now he's a Space Marine (though that last is logical considering what happened with Cira). Maybe I just don't follow your threads enough, but it felt like you just got bored of writing the same old same old so you decided to switch it up?

Actually, @Mikhail that's kind of it, but if you ask [member="Cira"], I predicted Sarge's path long before it came along. I do one or two threads at a time, pretty consistently. I'll usually finish one in a week, maybe two. At last thread count update - maybe three, four months ago? - I had 154 threads.

That's plenty of time to move between those, I think. And who knows where he'll wind up; he started as a self-insert and has, through time, become so much more. It's always a joy to stretch his legs out, even if my 'currently juggled threads' count is usually hilariously low.

And [member="Jay Scott Clark"], you know what? He might just become the second Emberli. A man who reaches Leader, accomplishes something like, say, establishing peace with the Sith Empire to stop the destruction of the Mandalorians... and then he simply fades away.

You're perfect in every way, [member="Sarge Potteiger"]

you-complete-me.gif

I often wonder if things would have been better for Sarge if he never met Cira at all.

Like -- dev wise, would he still be in the Jedi Order? Maybe being more pubby -- able to be calm, collected and that frustrating patience of his.

Honestly I really enjoy your work on the site. You're one of the ones where I'll see the name and go and take a look. I particularly enjoyed the thread you wove with Disciple through the Druckenwell invasion. (I know you said Sarge, sorry!)

I would like to see you take the inquisition away from it's GW roots and give it a slightly more unique look and feel. (You may well have done this more than I'm aware of, apologies if so!)

And yes, I know this is supposed to be on Sarge, but I'd love to see you get your teeth into a new character. Lots of internalisation to flesh it out and take us along for the ride.

I'm looking forward to seeing what Sarge does when thrust further into the limelight than he's been previously. More conflict between his responsibilities and Cira would be good.

Sarge Potteiger said:
I only really write one character; this guy, Sarge.

Critique away. I'm interested in your opinions on said character.

Likes?

Dislikes?

Improvements?

Batman?
Sarge has that big brother personality despite his best efforts to veil it through uhm being a hardass. I mean, it's obvious he's a protector of those he cares about - really - and that's a select few one would seem to believe. Really, the focus is on Cira at the moment. The conflicted relationship and whatever might be there is interesting to say the least and perhaps the audiences require them to expand beyond the frustration to see how Sarge would react. Not in a love interest but beyond that hidden sexual frustration type ordeal and see if he goes "Well that was worth it..." or "Well that just ruined the spice of life..." I think Cira is sort've one of those keys, critical but not -the key- to making Sarge one of the mysterious characters that he is.

Only recently and although stopped as it were, a friendship between Aaralyn and Sarge started which took shape and was interesting. It showed how persistent Sarge can be if he is determined. Stubborn and set in his convictions - which again, adds flavor to the character overall.

I like reading about the internal conflict within him - perhaps its one of the most interesting personality qwerks is to know he has a mortality to him that is human like...real human like.

I cannot truly say from my reads on Sarge that there isn't anything I dislike about him.

Sarge is one of my favorite characters to read on - perhaps that is why I tried to develop character relation between the two of them for future plot lines.

No, not Batman as Batman would probably get punched in the face for trying to be all...detective infront of Sarge.

Just sayin'

So I've been staring at this since you put the thread up last night, and tried to figure out what, if anything I could add.

Honestly, I still have no karking clue. Or at least, nothing that I haven't already said over Skype.

So...
2rf59ac.jpg

<3

Nisha Decrilla

N
I love Sarge, I love that he is as terrifying as he is sweet.

We've built one of the most messed up friendships between Anaya and Sarge i've ever come across. XD

I wasn't around when Sarge went from NFU to FU because of RL but in writing with you before and after the only change I've really felt in the character is his sudden desire to take responsibility and to attempt to make a difference, whereas before, he didn't seem to care. That's not a critic, just an observation and I am really interested to see how it effects Anaya and Sarge's relationship and whether, when it comes down to it, will he really pull the trigger? Or will he turn a blind eye. We never know. And thats another thing I love. I never know what he's gonna do.

But this:

Sarge Potteiger said:
... and then he simply fades away.
I FORBID THIS!

[member="Sarge Potteiger"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom