Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Year of the Millennium Blossom | A Reception

Be careful what you wish for.
"Hope you'll stick around for a bit."

Her request was brought back by a simple wink. He was not planning on staying, Chrysa and he was going to "make their appearance and then make their disappearance" but there was a feel to the event that brought a smile to his date's beautiful face. That made him more than willing to let her decide when they left. So then it was to do something that he was not known for. It was time to go out and around and be social. A handshake to the elder Lesan (Judah) as he walked by and they ran into two people that he knew (though separately). Yula Perl Yula Perl , Dagon Kaze Dagon Kaze , good to see you. May I introduce Chrysa Vanagor Chrysa Vanagor Atreides.

Briana Sal-Soren Briana Sal-Soren Valery Noble Valery Noble Iris Arani Kai Bamarri Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble Justice Lesan Justice Lesan Judah Lesan Romi Jade Romi Jade Jem Fossk Jem Fossk

BZ6T95W.png
THEME: Reminiscent
TAGS: Briana Sal-Soren Briana Sal-Soren | Justice Lesan Justice Lesan | Open

He was almost certain he wouldn't find the time. He'd given no indication that he would be available, none whatsoever that he had even been planning to come due to the demands on his time when the open reception had been mentioned to him in passing, but the thought planted a seed in his mind and soon enough he had been making tentative plans and preparations. When an opening presented itself due to rescheduling of classes he was interning on, he cemented the arrangements to get him to Lemmi VI, and cleaned himself up.

Now that he was at the entrance to the grounds, rebuttoning the jacket of his fine, tie-less black suit and glancing at himself in the side-view mirror of the speeder that had rushed him from the starport was all he could do to distract himself from the heightened thrum of his heart. He felt as if he were stealing moments, as time seemed to slip through his fingers; he knew Briana was going to be there along with some others and this made memories filter in of countless formal events they had attended with their families over the years as he entered the grounds, though the others around her these days were different from those images in his mind. The missing ones brought a faint, sombre undercurrent to his thoughts as he looked around, his gaze latching first onto Justice Lesan Justice Lesan who was by himself, but then, so was he.

“Hey,” he started, catching up to Just’s slow roll about the perimeter and noticing how awkward the other padawan looked as he got closer - was that his default, or…? - decided the words he chose for the guy that clearly mooned over his oldest friend, rather than the difficult feelings he had learned to cope with over time when it came to her, a part of him that was, as his mother had put it, very much like his father in his youth, “first time?”

Viz clapped a hand on the younger guy’s remaining intact shoulder, “well, I don’t know if you drink,” or if he was old enough to, “but that’s a good place to start, even if it’s a soda.” He’d had his share of virgin Shiraya Temples at several events as a child, but he’d been raised with some familiarisation with and respect of alcohol in the privacy of his parents’ home, “And we can take our time finding the ladies," but he didn't even need go looking to know where she was, "if they don't find us first."

For several reasons, the most important of which was the social rules, unwritten as they were, and another being that he hadn't had the time to really get to know the people around her.

"Sound good?"

Last edited:

Millia stood outside the gathering for a while. Her outfit the standard measure for an Ashlan Sister with Habit and all. Much plainer than usual as a nod to someone else's special day. Gold and black in muted matte coloration as water vapor slipped from her smiling lips.

A joyous day to be shared by all.

A message from Kahlil interrupting her rather droll evening of sifting paperwork before her foray into the garden. She had accepted quietly, planning on arriving early had it not been for some unfortunate soul taking up a refueling space at a station on the way over.

Even with the delay, she hadn't left an arrival time for Kahlil to expect her. Instead arriving as everyone began to settle into the evening. The usual clack of heels somehow muted as she slipped into the scene and tried to ignore her force of habit.

Eyes scanned the crowd. Familiar and new faces around them all. None that seemed intent on anything more than enjoying the moment. Introductions and catching up the majority of what she spied as she passed though to the towering figure that had invited her here.

Kahlil wasn't difficult to spot as her braided hair bobbed with her careful walk towards him and who she guessed was Valery. Kahlil seemed entirely attentive to something in his arms, a singular guess as to what demanded his attention so when she saw the pair of them.

Her steps brought her behind the both of them, peering over his shoulder at the bundle in his arms with a warm and wide smile.

"I see you have the world in your hands, Kal." She spoke sweetly, a sing song tone to her words that hinted at humor.

There was that look in Dagon's gaze—the one that meant her words were background noise, secondary to what she was wearing. Jem's appearance was comically timed, and Yula chortled. "She's been here the whole time, Dag."

A pink hand swatted at the Padawan's fingers as she picked a stray pin from her dress. "Quit it, or you'll have a wardrobe malfunction!" The pair had spent an hour in the living room on a holocall with Joza, twisting and turning and pinning the sheet around Jem's body until it resembled a dress. The poor Paddy had been accidentally jabbed with pins at least a dozen times.

"We'll go greet the happy couple soon, and thank them for the invitation." Her explanation was simple, followed up quickly with a knowing smile. "After that, you can tell me all about how you got them." There was a finality to her words, and she gave him the sort of sweet, passive grin that hinted at an argument in the future. "I'd also like to say hello to Val and her baby—and Kahlil, as well." Yula had never met the latter two, but was looking forward to meeting the little one.

While Romi and Johannes were busy greeting their guests, the trio were approached by a familiar face and his date. "Caltin, it's good to see you. Nice to meet you, Miss Atreides." Her greeting was polite, something felt…off. A shift in the Force, barely perceptible, but maybe she was imagining it. Yula's hand squeezed Dagon's anyway, and she gestured to his apprentice. "This is Jem. Jem, this is Caltin Vanagor, a Jedi M…"

She...wasn't sure what to acknowledge him as. Yula barely knew Caltin as it was, and Jedi hierarchy wasn't something she was intimately familiar with. After an inquisitory glance at Dagon, she cleared her throat.

"Doesn't Romi look gorgeous?"

Dagon Kaze Dagon Kaze Jem Fossk Jem Fossk Caltin Vanagor Caltin Vanagor

All the pharmaceutical support in the known universe couldn't have made Quill functional at a function like this.

In lieu of attending, he sent a gift: a painting in the manner of the Gesarils. Their unique pre-technological Force tradition enabled an artist to imbue their work — primarily sculpture, but other art too — with emotion and even memory. This one depicted Jakku. A tiny Jedi meditated there, dwarfed by the dunes.

Quill was, at best, a marginal painter...but he felt pretty good about the quality of the Gesaril imbuement he'd woven in as he worked.

NyXArL3.png

Romi Jade Romi Jade

You’ve earned the right to be happy, allow yourself to be. - Caltin Vanagor (earlier :D)

As Chrysa spoke up and told them that “Lady” was fine for any title, or just “Chrysa” Caltin just stood back as she told them of how she was formerly a “Dark Jedi” and knew the big man back in the day of the old Jedi Order. She went on to tell about how she ended up in stasis as he was frozen in ice and when she came out of it she thought him dead. She spoke of how she had little to nothing to be happy for and fell into despair. She was named a Lordess, but never really kept to it. When she found out that he was indeed alive that it was all that she needed to forgo her title and alignments. She gave everything up for him.

Caltin went on to explain that they never really cared about “titles” when they were together previously, and today she actually heads up his companies outreach program. Not for any publicity or anything, but simply because it is the right thing to do. She has never asked for anything and gives much of herself in the service. He explained how she may still have a lingering tinge of the dark side in her (though he did not believe in that), but she is as good-hearted as anyone in this room and always has been. The talk made her blush, but Chrysa stayed and sipped her drink.

Dagon Kaze Jem Gaelor Yula Perl Yula Perl

Jem's jaw dropped. Her fingers twitched, without subtleness, towards a saber hidden in the folds of a bedsheet-turned-dress. Maybe the adults had more tact to take the revealed background as a grain of salt, but Jem didn't. Not when the only sith she had met was expending unfathomable resources to either torture or kill her inner circle.

Tiny muscles in her ears pulled them back by minuet degrees, and the faint tip of her incisors peeked out of her lip as they pulled back, but she did nothing further.

Frankly, she was confused.

Last edited:
"She's been here the whole time, Dag."

"She has?"

Maybe Jem was learning the disappearance act far better than he'd initially anticipated.

Or maybe he was thirsting for Yula a bit too much.

"...you can tell me all about how you got them." his cheeks flushed a faint white, no other response followed. There was a lot of explaining to be done later. A lot of old ladies crossing the street and cats stranded on trees.

"I'd also like to say hello to Val and her baby—and Kahlil, as well."

"Yeah, good idea." Dag smiled, it had been a while since Valery had left their home on Denon. The apartment felt... empty. No more ancient, tasty recipes from an era long gone past. But it wasn't just that which her presence brought. He realized it, just now, how more adequate both Yula and him behaved around her. Less fighting, less endless arguments into the night.

Valery carried that unequivocal balance with her. Something the two lovers seemed to have been missing. Out of these nine months or so, the two had come to learn a lot about normalizing their relationship. Call it enforced maturity, if you have to.

A long, massive shadow obscured the lights from his side and Dagon turned to see its source. Who else then Master Vanagor? If standing at 6'3, weighing about 210 pounds of pure athleticism felt imposing, then that presence shrunk at the mountain on two feet that the Jedi Master was. Where Dagon would cross obstacles with an envious - and sometimes flaunting - grace, Caltin would just crash his way open leaving no signs of the obstacle in his trail or whatsoever.

The raven-haired Knight knew the man from the Bryn'adul wars and later during the Sacking of Coruscant. He'd saved lives then and offered sage advice to the council at a time when the Jedi were all but shattered.

"Jedi Master Caltin Vanagor." Dagon added to Yula's introduction, he jerked his head at Jem, oblivious of whatever the two girls by his side were sensing off, "Say hi."

And then, they chatted on, mostly with his date of the night, they came to learn that Lady Atreides had once been a Dark Jedi. Dagon held his composure. A wary itch in his guts recalled the countless times he'd faced off their fallen 'cousins', but his heart remembered the people they had saved from the clutches of the Dark Side.

"That's a, one hell of a story, Lady Atre-- Chrysa." he smiled genuinely, "I'm glad both of you came out of it well and together in the end."

"Doesn't Romi look gorgeous?"

"What? Oh, yeah, uh, that's why we're here, right?" he had forgotten about it, lost in the details of Chrysa and Caltin's tale.

"ROMI! You look ho-- great!" he called out loud, then took a champagne glass from a passing server, raising it in the air for a toast. "To you! And the unlucky guy!" etiquette wasn't something this rowdy generation of New Jedi had really ever learned.

Yula Perl Yula Perl Jem Fossk Jem Fossk Caltin Vanagor Caltin Vanagor Romi Jade Romi Jade

Emberlene's Daughter, The Jedi Generalist
Objective: Sneak in under white current and leave Romi Jade's Wedding Gift

A wedding was always fun to be to and well fashionably late wasn't good... easier to sneak in under the cover the white current and support her friend so that she would be able to pretend she had been there the entire time. She had her gift and she was bringing it to be set there along with a couple of crystals that she might need. Hard to compete when you constructed an entire station for someone.. so topping that well was going to be a hard thing to do. She moved quickly and carefully but set the box down for the time and went back into the crowd mostly just appearing and using herr small size to blend and stay in the crowd.

"That's a, one hell of a story, Lady Atre-- Chrysa." he smiled genuinely, "I'm glad both of you came out of it well and together in the end."

"I'll say." Yula chuckled along, feeling more at ease with the situation after Dagon's reaction. She'd always approached the matter of the Dark with trepidation after her younger sister had been swallowed by a form of Sith mind control.

"It sounds like you've both been busy." She smiled politely before playfully elbowing Dag in the ribs. "Don't you go and get frozen in anything."

Reaching for Jem's hand, she squeezed it in reassurance. Given all that the girl had been through, coupled with an addled teenaged mind, she didn't blame Jem for her unease. Yula wouldn't force her to say anything.

"In any event, it's really nice to see you both, Caltin and Chrysa. Have you met with Romi yet? I hear that the service was-"

"ROMI! You look ho-- great!"

Yula snorted, resisting the urge to thwack Dagon upside the head, opting instead to grab two glasses of bubbly. She handed one to Jem and hoisted her own in the air. "To the beautiful bride, and her handsome, gentleman of a husband!" Side-eyeing Dagon, she grinned as the glasses clinked together. It was good to see her partner enjoying himself, even if wedding etiquette wasn't entirely in his wheelhouse. Yula wouldn't have him any other way.

Dagon Kaze Dagon Kaze Jem Fossk Jem Fossk Caltin Vanagor Caltin Vanagor Romi Jade Romi Jade

“Every day the clock resets. Your wins don't matter. Your failures don't matter. Don't stress on what was, fight for what could be.“ - Sean Higgins

It was the turn and greet of the happy couple that gave the big man a chance to talk to Chrysa about some of the others in the room, but at that time he felt the vibrate of his holo. The Sorrusian just smiled and nodded her head as he took the call. It was Liram Angellus, Silver Jedi Defense Force Flag Officer and Business Partner of Caltin’s with Guardian Authority Ltd. Of course it was a communications official with the company patching him through first, but then the man who was his descendant (if you don’t know his past, look it up :) ) was on.

” Hey there.”

Tell me that you have good news.

” Well…”

He knew the man had his ancestor Arestul’s sense of humor and liked to joke like this. It was annoying.

Liram…

” It took some work, but everything you asked for was done.”

Great! I’ve arranged the landing permits. Are they…

” Relax Old man, they’ll be there any second if my math is right.”

It was. Caltin could see the "Sunshower" Luxury Yacht coming out of the sun and entering the atmosphere. Caltin could hear the chatter on the comms as the ship was coming in for a water landing into the nearby lake. On the landing pad was an X-Wing and a Jedi Interceptor. As he smiled to see that everything was good to go, the big man looked back at the blue visage of Angellus.

I owe you.

” You’re flippin’ right you do. I have to get back to work. Talk later.”

Walking over to the happy couple, Caltin put an arm over each of their shoulders and directed them to the lake.

My wedding gift. The yacht is of course yours, with all of the amenities, the X-Wing is completely custom to you, good sir. I did not have a lot of information to go by other than your measurements, there is nothing you will have to reach for as everything is set to your height and reach. Now Romi Jade Romi Jade , yours is much the same, but the ship is designed to your specifications. I took some liberties on what I believed was your flying style and everything is set to the way I think you would fly. Don’t worry, it can be adjusted. On top of that, the controls are Force imbued, again to your specifications.

He was not proud, but they did well on this.

Matsu Ike Matsu Ike Yula Perl Yula Perl Dagon Kaze Jem Gaelor Romi Jade

Jem blushed in embarrassment over Dagon's behavior, the girl's usual reserved nature shining through. She hid it all inside a drink of the glass. A keen set of eyes would notice her sputter and balk into it.

What was this?

She sniffed to investigate and gingerly put it back down.

Of all the things Dagon's had to stress over, a drunk padawan wasn't one of them.

"To the bride," she echoed, lackluster, her mood churning as they were apt to do. It felt odd to see so much happiness in one space. Not when she knew future waiting to crash down on all their heads. She wrapped her arms around herself and watched the moment stretch on.

Dagon Kaze Dagon Kaze Yula Perl Yula Perl

Wearing: xxx

Vizion Trozky Vizion Trozky found Justice rather quickly. He must have looked lost because as soon as his friend arrived instructions about how the night would go started spilling out. Was it his first time? Justice simply nodded as they seemed to be heading to the bar.

Judah was there…

”Let’s avoid my uncle if we can, hmm?”

It was a simple request. Justice wanted to avoid Judah as much as humanly possible. The last thing he needed was his uncle giving him advice on picking up women or whatever else the older Master had in mind. It Viz was all about giving that advice as well.

“Wait… what do you mean the ladies will find us first… I didn’t come here to pick up any… well maybe I came cuz of Bri, but… oh chit…”

Justice still clearly stumbled when it came to talking about dating. Most boys his age were all about it, but Justice had a one track mind in that regard.

@Briana Sal-Soren…

BZ6T95W.png
THEME: Reminiscent
TAGS: Briana Sal-Soren Briana Sal-Soren | Justice Lesan Justice Lesan | Open

”Let’s avoid my uncle if we can, hmm?”

Viz laughed, "Yeah, alright," and altered course, steering them in the direction of the other side of the bar - the bar counter encircled the bartenders that manned it and their central island of countless types of liqueur, so it wasn't a problem to avoid someone... more or less. They were almost at the bar, when the younger guy questioned his words, and the tail of them caused the briefest of pauses in his pace...

"...I didn't come here to pick up any… well maybe I came cuz of Bri, but… oh chit…"

...and a bevy of uncivil thoughts in that sliver of seconds that would never hit air resolved into 'maybe he was part of a group invite' before he continued on, flashing Just an amused grin and shaking his head, "It's like this: you make a move too quickly, you look desperate," or possessive, but that didn't seem possible, "hang back for too long and you might look disinterested, or worse... like a coward."

He stepped up to the bar, and ordered a whiskey and cola from the barkeep while slipping onto a stool; looking back to his friend, Viz tipped his head at the stool next to him, "You follow me so far, Just?"

You had to wonder if the one-armed man had never seen a pretty girl before. Maybe he was sheltered, the poor sap. The barkeep grabbed his attention again with a 'here you are' and the highball glass was set in front of him on a small square napkin, which he lifted and drew a small amount from, feeling the faint burn of a high quality liquor slip down his throat that was only just lighter than the burning in his mind...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom