Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

jGCHjlb.png

//: Hanger //:
//: Kat Decoria Kat Decoria //:
8f5d11cf954f1b08f542b3444f8547c19c505050.png
M always had a plan, one that typically didn’t agree with Allyson. Unlike the others, the Corellian was a senior Agent or something along those lines. It was weird to her; she had been functioning as her own entity for some time now, without too many problems. But M wanted some sort of consistency; it made sense with how much of a mess things were after SIS was dissolved. They had missed the telltale signs of a Sith within their sphere of influence, allowing the corruption to fester. It was all too much for Allyson to grasp at this time the more she thought about it.

She had trusted Taeli, and at times, even now, she found her trusting the woman again. The thought made Allyson’s stomach twist, and she knocked back the small shot glass of the amber liquor. It burned at the back of her throat but was enough for her to loosen up the nerves. Tossing a few credits, she wandered back towards the hanger, assignment in hand.

It didn’t take long for the Corellian to check the manifest and head towards where the pilot was in charge of her transport. Reading the name, Allyson paused and bit on her thumb. Eyes locked on the name, reading it over and over again. Kat Decoria. Usually, Allyson would have been pretty happy, preparing for a flight where she got to tease the younger Echani till her face was the shade of crimson. But things have recently changed; Allyson somehow found herself in a relationship, one that took her by surprise.

That meant she needed to break things off with Kat - something that she had been avoiding. Although not wholly her fault. There was the battle on Rhand, then she crash-landed on Lao-Mon; afterward, more adventures were had, and she had that fateful fight against Zaavik. One that left her scarred near her kidney. Beyond all of that, Allyson had done her best to avoid this conversation until this point. She had remained in contact with Kat for the most part - doing her best not to worry the younger woman; it was the least she could do.

Exhaling deeply, Allyson worked up the courage and wandered over to Kat. She smiled and patted the Echani on the shoulder lightly with the thin datapad. “Hey, you.” She started, “Didn’t expect to see you here of all places; you have a minute to chat?”

jGCHjlb.png

Objective: Out of Bounds
Tag: Allyson Locke Allyson Locke
As she was reaching over to fiddle with the engine a little more, the engineers at her company tended to not push the engines to the max. They talk about safety or something, Kat had adopted a bit of Allyson's adventurous nature as of late, she couldn't help it, Allyson had become very important and there was no ability to deny that anymore, not after their sparring match. When would she finally tell Allyson this? She wasn't sure, she had hoped she could work up the courage whenever she met Allyson next but Kat had a habit of avoiding the opportunities to talk about progressing their relationship forward, instead she was just trying to enjoy the connection while it lasted. Or at least, she kept telling herself that, she was afraid, deeply afraid that saying she loved Allyson and wanted a relationship would push her away. Ruin not only their fling but friendship as well and Kat didn't want to lose another friend because she wasn't the right person for them.

Stretching her body to adjust a plug, she felt a tap on her shoulder and Allyson's voice. She was surprised, she thought the Corellian was off on some mission since she hadn't seen her in so long. The messages had been nice and showed that Allyson cared, perhaps now was the right time, it had been on a mission together that things had started in the first place. "Yeah, they needed pilots and with the training I had from you, they thought I would be an ideal choice." Kat hadn't looked at Allyson yet, she was doing the final adjustments for the engine, "if you wanted to mention that my butt looked good in these jeans, you would be the first non-creepy guy to do so." Kat chuckled a little as she jumped down and wiped her hands on a handkerchief.

"Yeah, there was something I wanted to say as well..." Kat stated before looking at Allyson and her eyes couldn't help but read her, it wasn't good. It was bad, it was devastating. It was the worst thing possible in Kat's mind. "No." Kat turned around quickly, her face had been expressionless but with her face turned away from Allyson she could hide the welling of tears and just hold them back. "No. You don't get to do this now. That's not fair Allyson. I know I said you had to tell me, but you don't do this right before a mission. Especially if you expect me to fly you to a planet." Kat had spotted the datapad with the information on it as well.

Turning back around. "You could have taken me on a nice meal, had a bottle of that Corellian whisky we shared after our sparring session and you could have told me everything then. But what, you thought it would be good idea to distract me before we go on this crucial mission? Figured since this was just a fling that I wouldn't care that much?" Her tone was neutral, she was falling back on Echani stoicism to just survive this conversation without breaking down. Part of her hoped this was just a test, just a poor joke but Allyson's body language wasn't lying and Kat gotten to know Allyson pretty well to tell the difference.

Kat had kept Allyson at an arm's length too long, so long she had found someone else. Now, the woman she loved, the only woman Kat had seen herself actually being with loved someone else. Perhaps Kat was just not the person someone dated or loved. Perhaps the anxiety and fears that told her that she would always be alone were right. "The ship is ready to go. If all you wanted to say was things were over, then you don't even need to say the words, I know now." Kat just jumped into the pilot seat, helmet on and remained silent. Inside she was wailing, heartbroken and a mess. ​

zjfX9kO.png

BYOO - Aeris Lashiec Aeris Lashiec

“Hey Saan’an!”

A jolt of surprise ran from the base of Saan'an's head down his spine and through every limb. He'd been so focused on the pages in front of him that the rest of the world had become an afterthought. An inarticulate sound of surprise called out, cut off by a quick catch. Thick walls of old paper thudded together with an intense reverberation as the force willed them closed.

Adrenaline waned with a few deliberate breaths. Saan'an listened to his Master's words, embarrassed with how easily he'd been startled. "I have, Master." He stood, stepping toward archival shelves. While searching for applicable texts he asked, "They at least know about the Duuvahl, right?" That was the only thing he could coax off the top of his head. He returned into view with two books and a digital repository under his arm.

They all met a desk surface with a thump. Paper fluttered sharply one page after the other as he poured through them for the right page. A vocal request made the digital counterpart light up, projecting images of a common hematophagic insectoid. The diseases they potentially carried appeared in a listlike sub projection. "Anti-Parasitics would be prudent," he noted whilst searching.

He stopped on a page, sinking his eyes forward as he skimmed over the right page. "Nothing large, but a lot of pack-hunting predators. Says here the Yashuvian Black Dog hunts in packs upwards of thirty." More than enough to cause grief for a platoon, and even casualties for a squad.

"With teeth bladed down to a single atom. Sounds terrifying."

LjVKfEm.jpeg
Objective II: Give testimony, point fingers, and lecture the young’uns about the consequences of their actions
Accompanied by: Starlin Rand Starlin Rand & Inanna Harth Inanna Harth
Tags: Dagon Kaze Dagon Kaze Black Mynock Black Mynock Aerarii Tithe Aerarii Tithe Elizie Athacorr Elizie Athacorr Kirie Kirie Seto Du Couteau Seto Du Couteau

The first person to speak to him was a young woman who identified herself as Kirie. “A pleasure to meet you as well,” he replied, his ego at least satisfied by the knowledge that someone here was interested in his work as a whole, rather than just the facts of the case. Not to mention someone whose name he recognized. “I hope this ‘flawed democracy’ has done right by you during this investigation, Ms. Kirie,” he said with a warm smile.

“My learned colleagues and I would be most interested to hear what you learned in your studies of the tragic, tragic events which unfolded where we stand.”

"Me too, by the way. I am curious to hear Master Nimdok's studies on the event. Since it seems there's no direct witness to the case currently present, after all.

Nimdok raised an eyebrow. “Could Bernard of Arca Bernard of Arca not be reached about attending? Or Creuat Creuat ? They were the perpetrators—Bernard planted the bomb, and Rhis killed any survivors who tried to escape in the aftermath of the explosion. I know Ryv Karis is gone—he claimed he was the one who issued the order to bomb the academy.

To Nimdok's knowledge, both Bernard and Rhis were still members of the New Jedi Order, so it wasn’t as if they had disappeared like Ryv. Now the Galactic Alliance was finally attempting to intervene, and both were no-shows? Was it typical bureaucratic incompetence, or just poor timing?

As for the acolytes’ side, Darth Daiara Darth Daiara would be your star witness,” Nimdok continued, following the others as they walked through the ruins of the academy. “She was the acolyte who found Bernard as he was attempting to sneak out of the academy. Naturally suspecting foul play, she sounded the alarm in an attempt to evacuate the students. It was through her that the various incidents of NJO war crimes were brought to Jend-Ro Quill Jend-Ro Quill ‘s attention, and through him I received the bulk of my information.

Passing by the skeletal remains of the dead acolyte, Nimdok glanced at the corpse, but did not linger. It was much too visceral an image for him to dwell upon, given his current state of mind.

He cast a brief apologetic glance Dag’s way before continuing, “With all due respect, the manner in which this matter was handled at the time by the New Jedi Order was appalling. The perpetrators received no disciplinary action aside from being asked to go into exile, which they refused. Ryv Karis kept his position as Sword of the Jedi, continuing to lead and give orders, and there was even an incident in which an NJO Padawan assaulted Jend-Ro Quill for speaking out about the crimes. It is all in the past, true, and the people involved no longer hold the same power, but it is clear that justice was never served.

Last edited:
Flying was fun, flying in combat was more fun. She really didn’t love flying for scouting missions. There were other people who more than happy to do scanning missions, and as a Corellian, she only really had that Rev 10, A-Wing pilot to compete with. She’d flown with Pamartheans enough times that the two worlds had the best pilots in the galaxy. There was an agent in the OPA that she had met a few times, another decent pilot, and Pamarthean.

Mack was giving her a few different messages from the other pilots out there, but keeping it only to the screen, no beeping, nothing extra to be scanned down, no extra sounds. As she was reading the distress, Ten was making a call out for a mission parameter change. The silence was broken but not her. The Solar Fist was watching, debating if she should be getting back into an interceptor. Maybe she should reach out to the agent who was from Pamarthe.

That world did have some fun sailing.

But she was now waiting the call of the mission. “Mack, be ready to warm up the shields and guns as soon as we get an order to move. We may need to strike at things.”

Qellene Tyliame Qellene Tyliame Tren Chaar Tren Chaar

Leon's leg bounced rapidly in the cockpit. A finger knocked on the controls to the tune of a barely-remembered song. The pilot stared out his canopy and into the void of space. Sometimes, the endless points of light could be captivating. Others, like now, they were excessively boring. Now absentmindedly tapping his foot, a sigh escaped his lips.

Revenant Seven had already fallen back into line, it's probe droid released without issue. Leon had never really been on a stealth mission, at best only using the X-02's stealth system's to enhance his combat effectiveness. To the restless Jedi, it seemed a waste of time. A war was still on, why should the Alliance bother spying on its so called "allies"?

Ever since he'd finally rejoined the war effort in the Stygian, Leon had found it difficult to leave. Ironically, the midst of combat was where he found himself most at peace. Something about being on the edge of death calmed his mind, the fight being more meditative than any session with a certain gold-plated Jedi master. It also seemed to be keeping the nightmares at bay, something for which the Knight was thankful.

What Master Varobalder's advice had been helping with was the spirits. It'd taken some experimentation on his own, but the master's teachings were proving the best way for Leon to stay in control during a fight. So far, he'd only been able to test that in sparring sessions, and no true test had arisen...

Some radio chatter caught Leon's attention. A distress signal. Though Revenant Six didn't say anything, he leaned in, listening for new orders intently.

LjVKfEm.jpeg

Objective 2: Learn
Tags: Seto Du Couteau Seto Du Couteau | Aerarii Tithe Aerarii Tithe | Jacen Nimdok Jacen Nimdok | Dagon Kaze Dagon Kaze | Black Mynock Black Mynock | Kirie Kirie | Elizie Athacorr Elizie Athacorr |

Prior to her arrival

Draco was having none of it he thought her to be a bit on the insane side, "Why?" He asked the question one more time. Faith smiled as she so often did when dealing with an uncomfortable situation, "Because answers could be found there. We need to hear it"

Draco, "Anyone else could go and bring back the information, YOU don't have to go."

She couldn't really argue that point, "That is very true Drahr, but I don't want anything to be lost in translation." She stood staring he stood staring back they were on opposite sides of this.

"You're going to go no matter what" He took a step, she smiled and took two steps, "Yes, it's what I feel I must do." The next bit of conversation was the most difficult. "I've signed the decree that Theo should take the position of Prince of Alderaan should this go unexpectedly."

"You could come you know" He laughed that giant barrel laugh, "no..my history..no. Be careful, come home."

A few days later

Korriban the stories about this place were ones to test a person's resolve. The ancient stories of training, and Sith Masters. She could feel her imagination crawling all over her skin.

She had remained silent trailing along taking in the details of what remained in the ruins of the academy. Faith was caught off guard by the appearance of skeletal remains. She had assumed..too much. She had barely spoke 'me three' in regards to understanding what was known.

As Professor Nimdok spoke there were little nuances in his tone that make the small hairs on her neck stand up. But why? She stepped slightly closer to hear better, even as she listened her eyes moved about she did not know why, perhaps knowing this was Sith lands made her overly cautious.

Chancellor Emerita / Advisor of State
gold_texture_2_by_stock_pics_textures_1.png

5030e16b21b92b7a183466f8ae900c298f1523fc.gifv

Mountain & Valley May Quake
Strategic Command Center // Coruscant // Republic High Command
Aerarii Tithe Aerarii Tithe // Mirana Praji Mirana Praji // @The Alliance Senate

GADividerWhite.png

The members of the Galactic Security Council, absent the Vice Chancellor Aerarii Tithe Aerarii Tithe , gathered in Strategic Command to discuss the current state of galactic affairs as it pertained to the Alliance. The Chancellor, who had effectively been in hiding as a result of the various attempted assassinations, sat at a central spot among the high-ranking generals, spies, and government officials who contrived the entirety of the sitting council. However, Adhira, for the majority of the meeting had been rather preoccupied. Instead of paying close attention to the briefing, as she normally did during such meetings, she was staring directly over the shoulder of the IVI IVI , the leader of the Intelligence branch. She was not staring at anything in particular, but she was locked in a trance-like state. Unbeknownst to the Chancellor, she was meditating on the energies of the Force that were permeating the universe around her.

She could not shake the feeling, in these moments of meditation, that something pivotal was just on the horizon for the Galactic Alliance. During her tenure as Chancellor of the Alliance, she had devoted her life to the defense of her people, often literally placing herself in harm's way to ensure this promise was fulfilled. Now, cowering in the citadels of Coruscant, overseeing everything under 24-hour guard, she could not help but feel like something of a coward. And over what? Some low-brow failed assassination attempt? "Hmmm" she wondered aloud, separate from the deliberations of the Security Council which briefly called their attention to her.

The chief of the galactic government stood, prompting the other members of the Security Council to stand as a matter of respect. She gathered her robes and turned, striding into the hall, flanked by Senate Guards, and pulled up her comm. "Have there been any developments, Aerarii?" The Chancellor spoke clearly into her communicator, trying desperately to make contact with her deputy whom she knew was on a mission to Korriban.

Adhira had wanted to go with the Senate delegation to Korriban. It was the first major victory of her campaign against the Sith Empire. But her Cabinet and Tithe himself had convinced her to endure the protection of the military a bit longer while the true source of the assassination attempts was investigated.

Saan'an Gaelor Saan'an Gaelor

“Good.” She nodded. Memory exercises were, of course, just the first part in practicing the responsibilities that they had, but it was as good of a start as she could think of. “I at the very least hope they are aware of the Duuvahl. We will send along copies just in case there are some of those who may have forgot, or were never briefed.”

She grabbed a book of her own and skimmed it over, eyes darting from side to side, page to page, as she soaked up what she could from it. For a second she glanced up at Saan’an to give him a warm assuring smile as he mentioned anti-parasitics.

“Smart thinking.” She said and delved back into her book. “We can never be too sure about what form of bacteria and parasites they could bring back with them.”

A quiet hum rumbled from the young Librarian as she glanced over the Duuvahl entry before her.

“Says here though that the Duuvahl rarely attack humans. They do, but they prefer other targets. I would say that we’d advise them not to shoot them on sight but keep their guard up in case they spot one.”

Aeris continued to skim the text before her.

“The dogs though… That sounds like a very real threat.” She said and the book in her hand closed with a clap. She put it down on the table as she approached Saan’an. “Where did you find this?”

LjVKfEm.jpeg

Seto Du Couteau, Senator of Empress Teta
Objective Two: Korribanishment
Equipment: REC-EVS/01 "Sohei" - Pattern Electro-Vibrosword
Attire

JiGZUcY.png

“I think it is war that hasn’t been kind to Korriban, rather than Korriban being inconsiderate.” Seto responded, “Of course war isn’t particularly kind to any planet. . .” His voice softened as he looked towards more ruins and figured that perhaps this War Crime investigation probably would do more harm to the Jedi’s public perception.

And the Jedi can hardly afford to lose a few more points among the popularity with the rest of the Alliance population. While it would almost be inconceivable to see the people of Coruscant throw out the Jedi, the same could not be said for many other member worlds. Even Seto found himself treading a bit more carefully thanks to an alarmingly growing group of constituents that held negative views of any Force Users.

Difficult stain to wash for Light Side Force Users, the majority of the population would always see the two sides of the Force as a different side of the same coin.

The Brotherhood of the Maw, Sith Cults popping up nearly everywhere, and with the Jedi under such scrutiny it only continues to help the growing resentment for the Jedi Order. The young Du Couteau heir never found the idea of the anti-Force sentientment to hold much sway with the public. Instead he saw that apathy kept the peace among the majority of the population when the erroneous actions of the Jedi Order were brought to light in the past.

Perhaps apathy turned to fervor and anger. . . how ironically distasteful

“Justice, what a curious word to use.” Seto spoke with a curious tone, his eyebrow arched slightly. He wasn’t entirely convinced that anyone here were seeking justice, more so he felt they were all looking for fairness among the strife and tragedy.
Justice isn't about being fair, but that beneath the Law we are all equal. . . while some were more equal than others. . . and some less equal than others. . .

|| Jacen Nimdok Jacen Nimdok | Dagon Kaze Dagon Kaze | Black Mynock Black Mynock | Elizie Athacorr Elizie Athacorr | Kirie Kirie | Aerarii Tithe Aerarii Tithe | Faith Organa Faith Organa ||

LjVKfEm.jpg

KORRIBANISHMENT
Return of the Jedi vol. I
Issue #1

kwzlsmL.png

Mynock followed in the wake of the Senate and Dagon, sure to keep a vigilant gaze on their surroundings. This was Korriban. Even without setting foot on the planet before, he had felt its darkness when he had been on the Prosperity. Watching as a storm, larger than anything he'd ever seen consumed the Valley of the Dark Lords. Even to this day, he was unsure whether it had been a natural occurrence, or a manifestation of the Dark Side.

When warned by Dagon's mental message, Mynock only offered a nod in response.

He may not have trained as a Jedi much since his departing, but being here of all places? It was his first instinct to be on high alert.

During the apparent recall of the NJO's War Crimes, he dropped his gaze to a skeleton on the ground. One that was claimed to be an acolyte. His head tilted, before his gaze raised to find the expositing Jedi Master. Stay cool, stay chill. He reminded himself. He didn't have to like any of these people to observe.

When he felt that Jacen Nimdok Jacen Nimdok 's own recollection was dwindling to an end, he decided it was best for his silence to come to an end. "If I may interject," he spoke, the vocabulator that scrambled his voice to one of a mechanized being called to attention. Hands raising to his helmet, he tugged it up and off to reveal his melanin rich features, youthful, of a similar age to the nearby Kaze. "The names uh, Aelys, I was Ryv's apprentice." he volunteered.

"Is this a real investigation?" Aelys' gaze was turned to the Vice Chancellor. "Does this look one sided to anybody else?" It may as well have been rhetorical with the way he came around to levy his leading hands index finger upon the Silver Jedi Master. "Your Order aligned with the Sith Empire, right? Or, they were in talks to? It's difficult to remember when there were Silvers saying they'd fight Jedi to protect Sith... I wonder if that was said with the knowledge of what the Sith were doing here, back then."

He walked the ruins, eyeing the structure that was turned to rubble. One of many temples on the planet. If his memory was correct, it was not the only Temple turned to ruin on that day. "The Sith were doing their thing before the Prosperity arrived." He assured. Aelys recalled the sandstorm that enshrouded the Valley of the Dark Lords, so large that it could be seen from orbit. He had felt Asmundr's mind melding with the Strike Teams that had been on the ground. And he had felt his recoil from the strength of the Dark Sided web. How could he not? "Blood rituals. Bunch of Jedi dying. We all know how few of those we got in the Core," this time he levied his gaze in Dagon's direction. He knew he wouldn't be the most joyful, considering the route he took. "You guys weren't missing any?" He was back looking at Nimdok.

His nostrils flared.

He never did have the ability to step back from a challenge, whether to himself, or his friends. His hand raised to scratch at the back of his head, a rather poor attempt at trying to seem less abrasive.

"Look, I'm not trying to make excuses for anyone here. I just want to know how you can act so surely on the word of Sith; notorious deceivers and manipulators, and third-hand accounts without calling on anyone that was there. Just think about it. The Core Alliance before this one, the Republic before them, both infiltrated at the highest level, and everyone has taken these accusations as truth?"

TAGS - Dagon Kaze Dagon Kaze Jacen Nimdok Jacen Nimdok Aerarii Tithe Aerarii Tithe Seto Du Couteau Seto Du Couteau Elizie Athacorr Elizie Athacorr Kirie Kirie

zjfX9kO.png

K N I G H T
GALACTIC ALLIANCE
YASHUVHU
Xashe Tistya Xashe Tistya

cj2JhgK.png
The Dark Side of the Force carried a strong presence within the Alliance with many moving parts happening at every minute, especially the Senate. Once hailed as heroes and now deemed as a threat to the people his ilk swore to defend.

How could this come to be?

He knew many thought him as a criminal and a murderer for what he had done in the war, but he held no regrets. The Jedi would do it again if faced with the same situation. The opinions of the public mattered little to him as he believed in his convictions. Convictions he exposed and attempted to pass down to his Padawan.

“Xashe,” the Nautolan began to his Padawan whom walked by his side as Master and Apprentice trekked one of Yashuvhu’s forests. They had no assignment to complete nor any training to be done. “I am pleased with how much you’ve grown and learned under me, I can confidently say you are stronger than most Padawans in the Order. You were timid and afraid when we first met, but you’ve overcame that with your steadfast courage and strength you discovered within yourself.”

A small pause after giving praise to Xashe, before continuing.

“I’m sure you’ve been hearing the news everyday about the Order, especially me. I have no doubts the Senate will try to have me brought to court and have me tried.”

“What are your thoughts over this whole...fiasco?”

LjVKfEm.jpeg
Objective II: Give testimony, point fingers, and lecture the young’uns about the consequences of their actions
Accompanied by: Starlin Rand Starlin Rand & Inanna Harth Inanna Harth
Tags: Dagon Kaze Dagon Kaze Black Mynock Black Mynock Aerarii Tithe Aerarii Tithe Elizie Athacorr Elizie Athacorr Kirie Kirie Seto Du Couteau Seto Du Couteau

Once Nimdok had fired his metaphorical shots at the NJO, the recoil was swift. The black-costumed gentleman who had been silent so far stepped forward, removed his helmet and spoke.

Nimdok listened to what Aelys had to say. He crossed his arms, not in a show of defiance, but hugging himself as if to stave off a sudden chill. Aelys concluded his refutation, having made several good points about the manner in which the investigation was being conducted. But before Nimdok could come up with a reply that didn't lead to a fistfight between the Orders, Starlin spoke up.

“Yeah, I remember you guys gave us hell for the Elder Compact too. To be honest, we deserved it.”

Nimdok stared at Starlin, eyes wide. Starlin pushed his hair back and shrugged—a gesture that made it painfully obvious that his shoulders were trembling under the weight of so many eyes upon him.

“Look, I get it. Nobody wants to be held accountable for chit that happened a lifetime ago. Nobody likes seeing their friends or their master vilified for something they did back when they were a different person. People change, and it would be great if a change of heart could be measured in court, but it can’t. You guys are trying to finally put this whole thing to rest, right? And that means probing old wounds. It hurts, but it has to be done if you’re going to heal properly.”

Even though Starlin had finished, Nimdok's gaze remained fixed on him. For once, the professor was completely speechless. Was this the same misguided boy who had blindly followed his master into battle against the Jedi on Dantooine?... Well, of course. Starlin was living proof of how much a person could grow and change. He had to believe it, or else he was still just the Padawan who had killed other Jedi, and would never be anything more.

I… have no interest in holding grudges,” Nimdok finally said, pausing to clear his throat. “As Starlin put it, I am interested in helping the New Jedi Order heal.” He glanced up at the charred, blasted out remnants of the ceiling. “But I am not a lawyer, a judge, or a jury. Nor am I a policeman or a detective—or a witness. All I have to offer is third-hand accounts and research. Senators, I must urge you to seek out the witnesses I have named. The investigation cannot continue with only me as your guide.

"Breaching the outer hull."

Atlas could only hear the echoes of his own breathing. No matter how many times he donned the EVA suit there was something unsettling about space walks. He tried not to think about leaping from a burning Maw superweapon over Csilla. Just a few more seconds and the explorer's fusioncutter burned through one final airlock seal.

"Copy that, Drake," his comlink crackled with interference, "Be careful in there."

"I'm always careful."

That was not strictly true. He'd made a notorious career out of surviving extreme danger. Crossing blades with Sun Guard mercenaries, antagonizing Sith warlords on Ossus, charting a new Starbird Trade Spine into the Outer Rim. Compared to all that breaking into a scuttled NIO star destroyer seemed relatively safe. With a Glie-44 on his hip and a glowlamp in one hand he mantled his way through wreckage tracing the remnants of corridors.

"Life support's out," Atlas confirmed, "She may have held up deeper in. I'm going to try and access some logs from cargo control."

Salvage was the art of sifting through debris to find what's left. It seemed simple enough but when it came to monstrosities like a heavy capital ship things got complicated. Captain Drake always had a talent for complicated.

"Keep an eye on long range sensors. Notify me of any contacts...Alliance or otherwise."

OCF_roundel.svg

jGCHjlb.png

OUT OF BOUNDS

GA-NIO BORDER
B-WING HEAVY STARFIGHTER

Chaar watched in silence as Revenant Squadron continued to deploy their probe droids just within New Imperial Order space. The small stealth-equipped drones zipped off into the distance, sowing the region with a tracking network for the analysts back at the Strategic Intelligence Agency to pour over. The stakes were high - if their allies discovered them, the Bastion Accords would be in jeopardy, leaving the Alliance without support in the face of the continued march of the Brotherhood of the Maw.

With high stakes came high reward - a key motivator for Chaar in accepting the mission. The destruction of Viscount Squadron at Csilla had adversely impacted the career trajectory of the status-obsessed Umbaran. Notching up a critical intelligence mission while leading a rookie squadron would not go unnoticed by his superiors.

Three Flight broke comm silence to announce they had detected a nearby distress signal. Chaar grimaced as the flight leaders voice crackled over his comms. If he could hear, so could a nearby NIO surveillance snooper. This never would have happened in Viscount.

The commander studied the distress signal. It read as a standard Alliance salvage beacon, activated when a ship was lost or damaged. Revenant was the closest Alliance asset in the area and was the logical choice to respond. However, the timing was shady. What were the odds of picking up a distress signal in the middle of a covert mission? It could just as easily be an NIO ruse to lure the squadron into powering up and responding, and in the process giving away their position. Way too risky when he was on the verge of glory.

“Orders are clear,” Chaar replied flatly. “Proceed with mission.” He pushed the distress signal out of his mind and looked back at the navicomputer. The next drop, this one assigned to the X-wings of Two Flight, was coming up.

TpwTGCN.png

Revenant Squadron: Six: Dani Stellaris Dani Stellaris | Seven: Leon Gallo Leon Gallo | Eight: Len Vert Len Vert | Ten: Qellene Tyliame Qellene Tyliame
Atlas Drake Atlas Drake

The group entered the ruined Sith academy following the head of Professor Nimdok, who relayed the stories he had gathered from around the galaxy concerning the events that had unfolded on Korriban. The Silver Jedi spoke to the plan to bomb the school and the killings of Sith students as they fought or fleed. Jedi Kaze and his masked accomplice challenged the retelling of events, noting there were no actual witnesses and questioning whether testimony offered by Sith could ever be trusted.

“Yes, we are of course pursuing several lines of inquiry,” Tithe explained. The Senate inquest had already examined files held by the Alliance Marshals and Strategic Intelligence Agency, interviewed members of the NJO, and called expert witnesses to give testimony. The field visit to Korriban was another avenue of investigation. “Now, the challenge we face is it - and how can I put this - the transient nature of many witnesses.” Understandably, the Sith who had been defeated at Korriban were none to happy to offer their support to the Alliance, while key members of the NJO or other Jedi orders involved in the mission had gone into hiding.

A priority call came through from Coruscant. “Beg my pardon, but I must take my leave,” he explained. “I shall leave you in these most capable of hands.” The Vice Chancellor motioned to Faith and Seto, senior Senators who represented the Health & Science and Finance & Commerce committees as their respective chairs. The Aargauun hurried away to find some privacy.

“The Marshals are combing the scene,” he explained to Adhira as he separated himself from the group, though unable to go anywhere without his close protection team. “Not a, ahh, smoking blaster as it were, but…” He looked around the ruined academy, searching for the right word. It was unusual for the Vice Chancellor, with his peculiar grasp of Basic, to be unable to find words to express himself

“Well, it’s not great, not at all,” he finally proclaimed. “I fear - and I’m recalcitrant to say this - but I fear the Senate may need to make a strong statement, for the sake of the Alliance.” Coming out strong against the Jedi would be deeply unpopular, but if the public lost faith in the ability of the Senate to hold people accountable, they would have bigger issues to worry about than optics.

ChVAW7n.png

7-DD658-D1-CCD3-4-F53-839-E-408-F84-CD2564.jpg

Dark Illusion
Korribanishment

“Jiaasjen Jidai,”

A cruel whisper whipped forth along the harsh winds over the dunes of Korriban, it’s words left unheard as the party entered the Sith Academy led by Professor Jacen Nimdok Jacen Nimdok .

“Jiassjen Jidai!”

The group entered the belly of the beast, it’s contents untouched since the Great Battle of Korriban not so long ago. Their guide spoke, replaying accounts gathered from near and far. It did not matter whether they were fact or fiction, the demonization of the New Jedi Order played directly into the machinations he sowed. The Dark Lord of the Sith peered through the looking glass and watched the party advance without the slightest clue his terrible glare was upon them.

“Dagon.. Dag.”

An errant whisper of a voice unheard in some time, the voice of a hero, the voice of a friend.

“Yo Dag, this way.”

The voice beckoned to the Jedi Knight Dagon Kaze Dagon Kaze , it’s call unheard by any other. The speaker seemingly deeper within at some unknown junction branching from their route, “Don’t let them follow you.”

A face peered out from behind a corner, the image of Ryv, the face of the Sword.

New_Sith_Order_Banner_Final.png

Boluc Laar

B

ZJzw2M5.png

X E S H _ O N E
TASK FORCE XESH
YASHUVA
Maijan Paisea Maijan Paisea | Kingsley Kingsley | Kreg Jare Kreg Jare | Voyana

cj2JhgK.png
“Why does IVI IVI IVI IVI care so much about the Jedi? I don’t understand the obsession with them. You know, they are easier to kill than people think.”

"You just like to complain and ask questions, doncha, Kreg? Didn't know your lot was so mouthy and whiny," to something so simple as collecting these texts and artifacts, and a tough scumbag like Kreg complained about doing it? "Maybe next time I'll send you on a suicide mission since packing a bunch of books is too difficult for you."

"At least Mai is doing a better job, something to be grateful for."

Yeah, his talk would agitate and antagonize the Bounty Hunter, but only verbally. After all, they were all at his and M's mercy if they tried anything smart around him which would be unlikely due to how compliant they all were.

"M doesn't want the Jedi to get these arrrtifacts, does she?"

"I hate repeating myself, but yeah, that's why we're here. Now maybe if y'all get this sh*t done, I'll let you finish reading that book on the way back to base," the Agent approaching the Fallanassi illusionist with a free hand ready to pluck out the book from her fingers. Wasn't the time for reading or asking questions; otherwise, they could all kiss their sorry necks goodbye if any Jedi came by to recover what was theirs.

Suicide Squad.

What kind of suicidal mission was this anyway?

TASK FORCE XESH
ZJzw2M5.png

WITH FORCE
YASHUVHU | YASHAKA MOUNTAINS | VILLAGE
I DON'T WANNA DO YOUR DIRTY WORK NO MORE
cvMHV8u.png

zDifG4R.png

Detailed and intricate, the diagram was as beautiful as it was dangerous. Maijan zeroed in on it, the exchange between their handler and the bounty hunter reducing to nothing but white noise in the background.

She flipped to the next page, and her frown intensified. Instructions.

The next page. A map. The page after that, contingency plans. Backup.

M wanted this because of the information inside. The source and the link to the artifact's schematics in its pages. Her breath caught at the base of her throat, and she looked up to the agent as he approached with the intent to take the book, the condemning book to the Jedi, from her hands.

"No." Maijan murmured, the word hot on her tongue and lashing out into the space between them. It was as much denial to M as it was to Boluc.

In an instant, the Firrerreo's golden fist snapped from her personal space and into Buloc's. Her heavy, metallic haymaker going right for his jaw.

As soon as she heard the satisfying crack of the connection, and felt the ripple of flesh from her knuckles, the woman disappeared from sight. Wrapping herself in the White Current and clutching the book close. Invisible to their mortal eyes, the Fallanassi took several steps backward to distance herself and make a break for the door with the damning information for anti-Jedi measures.

Away, away from them. Away from M.

TASK FORCE XESH | Kreg Jare Kreg Jare | Boluc Laar | Voyana | Kingsley Kingsley

Handsome blindfolded hyper-religious whackjob

ZJzw2M5.png

OBJECTIVE III​

He decided that he liked this world. Even if it was a little bit too warm for his tastes. He missed the wild and untamed wind and waves of his homeworld too much for any other planet to live up to exacting standards of what was a good place to live. But Yashuvhu did find itself quite high on a list of worlds he'd visit for a vacation.

The fact that the locals also held a great respect for the Jedi also did wonders for its standing in Aaran's eyes. The hospitality was a welcome and refreshing change of pace from the rapidly cooling reception his order was receiving from the Senate. Some of which was not undeserved. But if they were going to damn the Order for a few rogue agents, he wondered just how poorly they'd take it if the people rallied against them for a small number of corrupt senators.

Letting out a sigh. Aaran unzipped his jacket, letting the cool air wash over him for a moment as he attempted to rid himself of such dark thoughts. There was little he could do to change what was happening. All he could do was prepare to weather the oncoming storm.

And part of those preparations involved recovering some old knowledge. He was immensely grateful that some of the locals were willing to allow him to make copies of some of their texts. Knowledge of the old ways could do quite a great deal when it came to comforting the current generation. Reaching towards his belt, he idly patted the scanner he planned on using before he paused.

On the edge of his senses, he could feel other life forces lingering around. Not an unusal thing in of itself. But he had been informed that aside from the guards. People were rarely allowed into the areas where some of the more sacred texts and artifacts were kept.

Guards, which he just now realised, were suspiciously absent.

His hand drifted from the scanner to his lightsaber as his jaw clenched slightly. Striding forward with a quickened pace. The door seperating him from Task Force Xesh flew open seemingly of its own accord.

And the Battlemaster did not like what he saw. Agents of some kind, judging from how guarded their minds were and how pragmatic the slight nuggets of thought that he could sense from them were. That, along with a shimmering veil of distorted Force energy hovering in the air close by. Informing him that something off was going on him. Even if he lacked the details.

"Hello there." He said, his tone nothing but pleasant as he stepped into the room. Waving his hand as the door closed behind him. Sealing off the exit. Making so that if anyone wanted to leave, they would have to go through the Jedi.

Tall, broad shouldered, long brown hair pulled back. Sunglasses to hide empty sockets. His description was probably something they were briefed on. The Battlemaster of the New Jedi Order.

"I do hope I'm not interrupting anything. But I was informed that there would be no one else here today." His head tilted ever so slightly to the side. "Do you all have permission from the locals to be here?"

Maijan Paisea Maijan Paisea Boluc Laar Kingsley Kingsley Kreg Jare Kreg Jare

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom