Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wolves on Lothal

"Oh. I see."

So it had been his fault that she'd gotten injured. Why was it that, when he was just trying to get her a message that was important, he seemed to cause more problems than he stopped? Of course he couldn't possibly have known that she was going to freeze up and let herself get shot. If he had, he wouldn't have done what he did, but he hadn't because it wasn't a logical response. But logic was rarely present in the outcomes of actions, as he was growing accustomed to.

When she sat up he took into account that her arm did seem a bit better. That was certainly better than nothing, all things considered. Though she was blatantly trying to get away from him. Not unexpected since he'd kind of been invading her personal space.

"I'm not all that good at sensing."

It wasn't hard for him to admit the truth. He was a fighter, plain and simple. And he was very good at keeping his mind right, and meditating, but he wasn't the best at sensing his surroundings except to know when he was in danger. Seeking out the other Jedi on the planet wasn't going to go well if she was counting on him to do it. He'd end up using his comlink rather than using the Force to locate their allies.

"Can you sense the closest ones to us? Perhaps we can go to them."

[member="Roshki Belawiiks"]

Enemies: [member="Coren Starchaser"] [member="Chevu Visz"]
Allies: [member="Jaron Lesan"]

The glow of a second lightsaber, this one a brilliant orange announced the arrival of Starchaser, his presence showing Belis that the Galactic Alliance truly did rest on the backbone of this one man as he had suspected when he had approached him all that time ago on Sullust as the peaceful Jedi Knight known then as Belis Toobin.

It was strange to think that even then he was already a Ren, in fact the first of the Order beneath the Supreme Leader. Now he was changed, the mask around him cast the persona that people knew of, a mysterious being known only by his title and his status within the First Order.

“Starchaser.” Belis regarded the Master, his voice curious even through the voice manipulation of the helmet that covered his features as the terrain was sized up, the weather noted and the way that all four stood overly casual awaiting the first to move. A Corellian stand off in the best of ways, only with the weapon of a Force User rather than a blaster. "It is an opportunity to make your own decision, fight or flight. Or..." There was something in this girl, something that called to the deeper, darker parts of the consciousness. "You could listen to what you want to do."

He could wait for Jaron, he could allow the young woman to attack first or if he chose let Coren start the proceedings, or…

Belis lunged forward towards Coren, his saber sweeping down in a hard angle towards the right shoulder of Starchaser. He would end them here and send the Galactic Alliance a message just like they did when they found Eriadu a smoking crater.

Enemies: [member="Coren Starchaser"] | engaging [member="Chevu Visz"]
Allies: [member="Belis Ren"]

There was another. He must have been a master to the green one. His aura was stronger, but that did not mean they would succeed in this encounter. Why were they here? Jaron could not give an answer to the question. Belis wasted no time in engaging Starchaser. It left Jaron little choice but to engage the other, but he took two steps back and circled around. The rain sizzled as it came into contact with the heat of his blade. Steam rose from the crimson blade which now pointed at the Mirialan.

He sped toward her now, the force enhancing his movements. Jaron knew he had to find the advantage and keep it. There was something about these two which suggested they would kill them. These were not Jedi in that sense, which meant they posed a greater threat. They were more like his Uncle Judah who would take matters in their own hands. Suddenly he wondered if his uncle had joined them. This would be his kind of people.

As Jaron neared his target, he pushed his blade forward and lunged at her. All he did now was test her, moved to assess her skill. Whatever it was she was capable of doing, Jaron had to know. His life depended on not underestimating her.

With a spark, the lightsaber seemed to extinguish, and Kyle let out a little cry of praise only he could here. Standing up, he stayed a little lower and moved with a fellow trooper, who was instantly knocked backwards from a blaster bolt that came too close for comfort almost out of nowhere.

Glancing around as the air started to sizzle with fire and blasters, he noticed more lightsabers on the battlefield. This was shaping up to be a little more than a few scouts. If anything, the Alliance was trying to pull another Eriadu.

stormtroopers-star-wars-the-force-awakens-movie-wallpaper-800x450.jpg

Not this time. He would die fighting for the First Order, and taken down as many of this revolution as possible. But first, the Jedi needed to be dealt with if they weren’t already dead. Kyle zig-zagged and fell in with a trio of troopers, covering fire for eachother to move.

Another one fell, but Kyle was set on the figure, now coming into view as a girl, younger than he but stood ready for war with a blaster, and shorted lightsaber at her side. Kyle raised his E-11. Prisoners of war would be taken to the Knights of Ren, especially Jedi, and information could be extracted as easy as cutting through soft fruit.

”Don’t move, Jedi.”

This, he knew, was going to hurt. But he had to try.

Allies Nearby: [member="Ricochet"] | [member="Daska Tess"] | [member="ST-2387 'Patriot'"] | [member="Carten Flaa"] | [member="Rhun Trask"]
Enemies Nearby: [member="Keira Ticon"] | [member="Barrien Siegfried"] | [member="Roshki Belawiiks"] | [member="Patricia Susan Garter"]

Objective: Take care of the problem
Allies: [member="Patricia Susan Garter"], Jedi and co.
Enemies: [member="Kyle Amedis"], White Wolves and co.

An awareness settled in her eyes as he came forward, one that communicated a sort of tunnel-vision that was only capable of being achieved through the stressors of battle. This was a dangerous state for her to be in, proving just as deadly for herself as it did for any others. Her focus was centralized on the trooper that approached her, faceless as every other, his weapon raised and no doubt aiming to kill. Instinctively Keira tensed her muscles in preparation to move quickly, spurring her own reaction time with the ethereal in case he got trigger happy. Another shot was fired on her part even as he spoke, and for a moment or two she seemed not to register his presence, her attention seemingly selective.

However, upon the last word that passed his lips her entire being returned to the present moment, and her head cocked slightly to one side in a gesture that resembled curiosity. One part of her wanted to retaliate almost immediately, but she would play her cards close to her vest this round. Without a word all offensive movement on her part ceased, and she turned to those friendly soldiers about her, giving one order, "Sur min!" On her mark, the attack would begin anew. But until then they stopped firing, weapons held at their sides, at the ready no matter how relaxed they seemed. Just like her, they were all prepared for any eventuality, no matter how unpredictable.

Slowly she raised her hands, dropping the slugthrower to the ground and making a show of kicking it away in order to assure him that she was completely unarmed. Her gaze remained steadily on him as she lowered herself to her knees, hands clasped behind her head in a gesture of surrender, however momentary it really was. "Alright, you got me." A crooked smile found her lips, and she nodded her head slowly as if in indication for him to get on with things. "What happens now? I don't have all day."

Ricochet

R
First Order and Knights of Ren: [member="ST-2387 'Patriot'"] | [member="Jaron Lesan"] | [member="Daska Tess"] | [member="Kyle Amedis"] | [member="Silas Khras"]| [member="Belis Ren"]

TJO and Friends: [member="Mantic Dorn"] | [member="Coren Starchaser"] | [member="Chevu Visz"] | [member="Roshki Belawiiks"] | [member="Barrien Siegfried"] |[member="Keira Ticon"] | Patricia Susan Garter |@ Braith Achlys | [member="Corvus Raaf"] |[member="Krenis Skirata"]

Forcers. Ricochet cursed under her breath. Watching Commander [member="Belis Ren"] approach the Jedi, she turned her armor to face them. Her fists closed and her blaster rifle cradled in her chest.

Kyle Amedis said:
”Republic ARCs!”

[member="Kyle Amedis"]' voice rang out over comms. Ricochet swiveled immediately around and jutted out her closed fist as a point. "Lookout!" Ricochet called out to the Trooper monitoring the battlefield via a scanning orb. "Give me the details!"

The Lookout looked up from his monitor, "Confirmed. Republic forces with local militia assistance moving on our flank mam. They're coming in hot." Ricochet gritted her teeth. She lunged forward and grabbed Ripper beside her. "They'll crush us against the Jedi unless we meet them first and intercept their advance. You hold your group here and assist the Ren and [member="Kyle Amedis"]! ([member="Jaron Lesan"]) I will meet the ARC ([member="Krenis Skirata"]) and Militia head on with my vanguard copy?"

He knew she couldn't see but Ripper hoped that by his tone she would notice he was grinning a wide grin. He did so because when Ricochet called for a charge it was brutally beautiful. "Yes Mam. Understood." Ricochet nodded, "Then call for charge formation Ripper." Ripper obliged and taking an about face turn he shouted in a echoing roar, "White Wolves, Hell Ride formation!" At that exact moment, the heavy gunners folded up the tripods of their heavy repeaters and stood up, while files of Troopers created a thick line of white and steel facing the advancing ARC and Lothal Militia. Ricochet had removed herself for a moment and strapped on her jet pack.

Marching forward, she joined her jetpack platoon and prepared for the charge. She waited a moment and allowed whatever primal rage she had consume her will - strengthen her resolve and sharpen her sense.

Thrusting her finger at the ARC like a blade thrusting into a foe's chest Ricochet bellowed the White Wolves fanatical battle cry.​

"HAIL TO THE ORDER!"
"HAIL TO THE FIRST!"

Howled back the White Wolves unison.​

With that Ricochet lunged forward and the entire right column of the three columned procession burst into a wild charge. The sudden movement appeared like a rapid snowstorm rushing the savanna. Heavy gunners opened fire as they ran, spreading suppression fire in wide arcs, while Troopers fired targeted shots to disrupt the ARC's advance and pin the militia behind them to disperse whatever assistance they could afford. The entire charge was a calculated strike on the mechanics of the enemy's advance. And at the very tip of this white spear was Ricochet - the very Fist of [member="Aram Kalast"].

[OOC: Apologies for the major absence - life and some projects at work have taken over. But, I am very proud of the RPing being done here. I love the effort and style from both sides. Proper military scifi engagement. Well done everyone. :) I hope all of you are having a blast. [member="Krenis Skirata"] - I'm coming for you bro - lets show the Forcers how real soldiers tango ;) ]

The Corellian laughed. His student was definitely one of a kind, but maybe, just maybe, the Empire needed to get their act together. The Knights that were approaching had our pilot relatively concerned, he knew he could do what must be done. And to get the Empire away from Lothal, to allow the Jedi Order control of the world? He could do that for them. The saber ignited, he was ready to take the fight to the dark side.

He always was. It was what kept him going.

This one recognized him, and there was something in the man Coren understood, something he recognized as well. Something… familiar. Orange blade was ready when the dark knight came in at him. Reaching out to the Force, the pilot took a hard step to the left, planting is right foot as an anchor, lifting his blade to meet the opposition above his right, two hands on the hilt, he was looking for his opening. Starchaser knew two things, flight, and how to fight Force users. At least until help came along. Pushing harder on his blade, to throw the lock, Coren would spin, sloppily, on his right heel, with an ethereal speed, 270 degrees to meet the left side of his opponent.

[member="Chevu Visz"]
[member="Belis Ren"]
[member="Jaron Lesan"]

Through a vocal modulator, one of the dark siders said Coren's name. Chevu supposed that she shouldn't be surprised. Coren had fought these folks on Eriadu. If her Master did the kind of damage that he normally did, she supposed these guys had thick dossiers on him by now.

One of the Knights finally made his move, advancing on her with his red blade. It wasn't the most aggressive assault; more like the man was testing the waters, and she was prepared for it. The Mirialan met the dark sider's blade with a whirlwind parry, deflecting his strike with her humming blue blade. Sparks parted the rain as their sabers clashed in the downpour.

Instead of rebounding with an offensive lightsaber strike, Chevu bounced her saber to one hand and threw her other arm forward, fingers splayed. The power she was using was a bit like a Force repulse, but possibly more lethal. Using telekinesis, she aimed to kinetically detonate the air around him, much like a grenade, but with energy. If successful, the Mirialan Knight's Force bomb would explode as it reached his chest and well... it wouldn't be pretty.

Unpredictability? Chevu's opponents had Starchaser to thank for that.

[member="Coren Starchaser"] [member="Jaron Lesan"] [member="Belis Ren"]

Krenis Skirata

K
@Ricochet
Arc_trooper.jpg

Krenis stopped and turned, raising the Westar rifle to his shoulder as blaster bolts began to sear the air around them. A lot of blaster bolts, especially for six soldiers. He dropped to one knee and cut the headlamp and jetpack, letting the cloud-hued night drape him in natural camouflage as a storm began to brew on the horizon, its wind rustling the grass back and forth. The stormtroopers were charging, with a platoon's worth, by the looks of it, aiming for his team and a unit of militia. The militia would have to bear the brunt and by the way they moved, they looked they had a decent chance. They were spread out and advancing in fire-teams, covered by heavy blasters that strafed along the white lines.

The stormtroopers were splitting their body and advance. That was good. if he drew them out and slowed them down enough, it could compromise their formations. It would be delicate work, though, and they would need something to divert their attention. He tapped the stock of his rifle. They had no air cover at the moment and they had to have come from somewhere. Where were the dropships? Probably still at the LZ. He turned to the other five.

"Find and secure the dropships. Trace their origin and contact the fleet. I'll offer cessation of hostilities and safe passage if they agree to depart. If not, we'll destroy the dropships. I'll buy you time."

The other five nodded and then reactivated their jetpacks, swaying as the rising wind hit them, and then jetted off away from the battle, following the marching lines.

Krenis turned back to face the onrushing platoon. Could he tackle an entire platoon? These appeared to be a well-disciplined and highly trained force. Not through brute force then. He'd have to be clever and use the cover of dark, not to mention explosives. A blaster bolt dissipated against his pauldron, battering him to the ground. Well, that was a good start.

He crawled through the grasses, pulling the grenade attachment from his belt and clipping it onto the barrel of the Westar. Ah, good times. Then he switched to burst fire and rolled his neck. Fire, disappear, move. That was what he needed to do. The boots pounding against the ground echoed through the dirt beneath him and Krenis took a deep breath.

Then he was up, pumping the attachment to send a grenade along the flanks of the column, aiming for the support gunners, followed by a burst to the center. Then he was hitting the ground again and dashing away beneath the cover of the grasses. A few raindrops spattered across his armor.

No, there were too many for this tactic. He had to break their morale. Their spirit. Judging by the presence of the one at the tip of the formation, that would be their commander, and they had quite the presence. Well, if they wanted to be soldiers in his legacy, perhaps it was time they faced their ancestors and see who came out on top. The originals, of course, were the best. The rest wanted to be like them. They never would though. Their solidity was artificially created, not innate, and such forced sameness had issues. That was why he and his brothers had taken on names and began painting their armor.

But now to tackle the commander while the militia engaged them from the imperial's other flank. Blaster fire burned through the grasses again and he scuttled away, aiming to swing around and catch sight of the leader, or at least a firing angle. Then he half-stood, sighted on the commander, taking movement into account, and squeezed the trigger, releasing a quick barrage of bolts.

Roshki Belawiiks

We all have demons. I've just decided to feed mine
Objective: Find me somebody to love help
Allies: [member="Keira Ticon"], [member="Patricia Susan Garter"], [member="Corvus Raaf"], [member="Barrien Siegfried"], [member="Coren Starchaser"], [member="Chevu Visz"]
Enemies: [member="Ricochet "], [member="Kyle Amedis"], [member="ST-2387 'Patriot'"], [member="Rhun Trask"], @Dem Sith Boys because I'm too lazy to link your names (nothing personal)

I gave Barrien a scowl. I could sense him taking the blame for my freezing-up, and that was a no-no.

"Dude, stop. It was my fault that I got myself injured; I gotta learn how to not be a pansy, is all."

Pausing for a moment, I cocked my head. In distance, I could hear, albeit faintly, the noises of battle. I couldn't pinpoint the specific direction, though, and when the other Padawan commented on his lack of sensing ability, I shrugged. Or tried to, anyway.

Biting back a hiss of pain, I awkwardly reached for my own comlink. "Unfortunately, I'm not all that great either. Big stuff, like danger or whatever, I'm not too shabby at. But I can't exactly tell ya where a wampa cub is hiding."

I thumbed on the com, making sure to speak loud and clear. "Hey, any Jedi or affiliates running around out there? I got a half-dead arm that's making me useless, and a Padawan buddy. We're a few klicks out from the city. Oh! By the way, this is Padawan Belawiiks, or Roshki if ya really like me." I paused. "I'll really like you if you come and pick us up. Also, throw in some food, 'cause I am so hungry I might just take a chomp out of Padawan Barry over here."

Setting the comlink down, I flashed a pointy toothed grin at the guy.

Allies: [member="Jaron Lesan"] [member="Belis Ren"]
Enemies: [member="Chevu Visz"] [member="Coren Starchaser"]

The speeder bike carrying the figure cloaked in midnight black had zeroed in on the signatures of his comrades. Though he weaved the bike skillfully, Greifen Ren had spent the ride meditating, bringing up his energy. He knew he would find a fight waiting for him when he found his fellow Ren, and of course Greifen would have it no other way. The only way the Knights of Ren would earn the relics on Lothal would be through trials of combat and the spilling of blood, exactly the way the God Emperor would desire it. By the time the First Order reigned supreme over the galaxy, the Citadel of the Knights of Ren would become a museum of artifacts that told the tales of honor and power earned through bloodshed.

He could see the burning blades of his comrades, as well as the two Jedi, fast approaching. Within a few seconds he would be upon them, his speeder bike's throttle depressed at full speed. The black rider would suddenly come upon his foes like a bat out of hell. He leapt off his speeder bike, his dark form rolling through the air as he simultaneously announced his airborne presence with the ignition of his crimson lightsaber. Chevu Visz was busy throwing a Force bomb at his Knight brother Jaron, and so she would be his target. Greifen arced downward and brought his blade down towards the Jedi. He wanted to strike her on the side where her bare arm was, and if his slash rang true, it would cleave her arm off.

Kyle didn’t have time to work her out – he had to act. Waving forward a couple of troops to run forward with him, the E11 came up and without warning he shoved the butt into her stomach.

As the involuntary reflex came and she bent forward, he stepped back and pushed the butt of the blaster into her spine to make sure she knew she was to move forward and make it quick. He brought his left arm up, the communicator fixed to the wrist.

”We have a Jedi on the pathway into the city – bring a transport to my location quickly before she tries anything.”

The Jedi were the worst of the worst. You never trusted a Jedi. Ever. This one offering a surrender wasn’t going to last.

Allies Nearby: [member="Ricochet"] | [member="Daska Tess"] | [member="ST-2387 'Patriot'"] | [member="Carten Flaa"] | [member="Rhun Trask"]
Enemies Nearby: [member="Keira Ticon"] | [member="Barrien Siegfried"] | [member="Roshki Belawiiks"] |

Belis’ lightsaber connected with Coren’s blade, the two beams crackling as they impacted hard against each other momentarily remaining as they locked into place with the whining shriek of energy on energy. Belis’ own feet mirrored Coren’s planting and adding his weight to the lock, and could feel the added push from Coren moments from the lock being thrown by his opponent.

Coren spinned on his right heel, his saber changing from the right to the left of Belis, the Dark Jedi rolling his saber around in front of him to catch the blade from carrying through his waist, the one handed block pushing the orange saber aside enough to shift his own body around Coren’s left hand side as his blade was again pulled upwards towards Coren’s thigh, the handle taken in both hands to add speed and velocity to the attack.

The Dark Side began to swell inside of the Ren, his anger at the fight allowing him to embrace it further, strengthening him. He let out a yell of frustration, narrowing his desire into a dangerous fanatic belief, a belief that he could indeed prove that in this war of dark versus light; there would be only one victor and that the galaxy would once again be plunged into shadow.

[member="Coren Starchaser"]
[member="Chevu Visz"]
[member="Jaron Lesan"]
[member="Greifen Ren"]

Objective: Surprise!
Allies: [member="Patricia Susan Garter"], Jedi and co.
Enemies: [member="Kyle Amedis"], White Wolves and co.

If there was one thing the trooper was correct about, it was that Keira wouldn't remain complacent for long. But she would play along for just a bit longer, and so she let him strike her as he pleased, taking the hit without complaint, her only exclamation a quiet grunt of pain as the air was driven forcefully from her lungs. Remaining silent she stood, walking forward as he had indicated, keeping her hands where they were. "Take it easy, would you? I'm not going anywhere anytime soon, in case you haven't noticed." She could feel the eyes of the clone in command on her, and she only briefly met their gaze, head inclining just slightly. They were all to wait for her command, and not make one move before then.

Her head angled downwards slightly, activating the comm built into the collar of her armor that connected her with all the men, and vice versa. Only one order was given, one that didn't bode well for her adversaries should it succeed, "Morhili ili." As the first shot was fired she ducked low in order to avoid any retaliation, turning and straightening nearly immediately in order to make a grab for the rifle of the one that had been holding his barrel between her shoulder blades. With a flick of her wrist the butt of the weapon was sent cracking towards his helmet in an attempt to unbalance and disorient him, and if it proved successful she would pull it from his grasp entirely.

Within seconds the rifle would be aimed at his head, and she moved to kick him in the back of the knee in an effort to bring him down as she had once been, reaching forward to pull off his helmet and stepping around him so they could remain face-to-face. Kneeling she tilted her head slightly to one side, keeping the barrel of the blaster between them and leveled at his chest. "Let's talk this through a bit differently, soldier." While she had never been one to willingly take command before, that was beginning to change. "You and your people don't have a place here. I would recommend calling off that transport before something happens that you'll regret later."

Ricochet

R
First Order and Knights of Ren: [member="ST-2387 'Patriot'"] | [member="Jaron Lesan"] | [member="Daska Tess"] | [member="Kyle Amedis"] | [member="Silas Khras"]| [member="Belis Ren"]

TJO and Friends: [member="Mantic Dorn"] | [member="Coren Starchaser"] | [member="Chevu Visz"] | [member="Roshki Belawiiks"] | [member="Barrien Siegfried"] |[member="Keira Ticon"] | [member="Patricia Susan Garter"]|[member="Corvus Raaf"] |[member="Krenis Skirata"]

In the full heat of the charge, the two groups began to meet each other. Ricochet herself was smashed with a round of blaster fire. Like her name sake - one of the rounds bounced off her her forearm armor while a second smashed into her chest sending her lunging backwards. Stabbing her foot back she tried to hold her position but was forced to bend the knee. One of the side Corporals of her jetpack platoons rushed to her side.

"Captain!" he shouted, before kneeling to hold her up. "Those bastards! Thermals out men!"

Ricochet regaining some composure raised her arm and using the corporal as a crutch lifted herself up revealing the burnt crater that had scarred her armor. "Belay that order Corporal! We need those detonators we it gets too dire here understand."

"But, Captain they -" the corporal's words were cutshort when Ricochet grabbed the soldier's helmet and drew close to hers so that they touched. Staring into his black visor eyes she growled a lesson. "Know this Corporal. When the Order is slandered, when the Wolves are slandered you dont waste time." Ricochet then pulled herself up shaking of the residual effects of the two bolts that hit her. With renewed vigor she began to march forward - her jetpack platoon following. "You get in close and rip out their intestines. You copy?"

"Yes Mam!" The corporal shouted. Ricochet hissed and shouted in her comms so that her entire unit could hear here.

"YOU HEAR THAT JEDI SLAVES. YOU WILL HAVE TO DO BETTER THAN THAT!"
Heavy gunners now fanned the distances between them and the enemy with rounds of their heavy repeaters. While Ricochet activating her jetpack signaled a charge of her platoon. They swooped forward. Leveling her blaster she fired holes in nearby militia man before landing on his corpse and using it as a shield as she began to cut through the militia that smashed into her charge. Swinging around her clenched cybernetic fist embedded itself in the helmet of another nearby militia man. The cybernetic arm was designed to be more forceful than any human arm. It could break armor and bones with a resounding hammer.

Ricochet watched the scene and thought it enough. They had come to find jedi ruins but they had found something more valuable Intel of a Republic Jedi operation - and even the galactic alliance was involved somehow. Ricochet turned around motioning for her charge to continue its push. They needed to cut a path open. Meanwhile she switched her comms to [member="Daska Tess"] and the pilots holding the transports. "Tess. I need air-support. Clear the field. And cut a LZ for us. I'll see what I can do on ground. Rendezvous at LZ!"

Finishing her command she activated her jetpack one more time and searched the battlefield for the bastard that hit her.

"It's partially my fault, whether you tell me to believe otherwise or not. Failures are learning experiences."

She was trying to take full blame for it all, but that wasn't going to happen. Whether she liked it or not, he was accepting at least some of the blame for the incident because it had been his words to her that had gotten her to freeze up and ignore her surroundings. Had he not sent them to her as he had, they'd probably be knocking a bunch of bucket heads around and rounding them up at the moment. His failure was understood and he would learn from it, that was all.

When she mentioned she wasn't that great at sensing either, and pulled out her com, he glanced around the battlefield. Like her, he could hear fighting in the distance, but he knew which way they'd come from better than she did, and he was certain they were still within range of those sounds, which also meant that help wasn't likely that far away. Or perhaps it was, who knew.

"Now we wait."

[member="Roshki Belawiiks"]

Krenis Skirata

K
[member="Ricochet"]

Krenis frowned, considering what he was watching. They were brutal and their armor was good. The leader had just shaken off two blaster bolts before engaging in close-quarters combat. Apparently with a cybernetic arm at that, one designed and fully capable of using as a weapon. Have to avoid that one. The soldier jetted off and started covering the battlefield in a way that he was not familiar with. Almost like a search. Probably for him. He grinned beneath the helmet. If this imitation of him wanted to fight, he could give them that. Hopefully they were ready for such a thing.

arc_trooper___survivor_by_crispywire-d4ri5m2.jpg

Time to think tactically. It was a open savanna with tall grasses and a storm moving in. That alone could be dangerous and he would have to monitor it, depending on how severe it grew. The grasses were already whipping about in the rising wind and raindrops were beginning to spatter his armor. It was definitely rising and judging by the lightning flickering in the distance, it would be an intense one. They wouldn't want to be out here once it hit and certainly not flying around on jetpacks. That was just asking to crash into the ground.

He fully extended the stock on his rifle and dropped to one knee, following the path of the traveling stormtrooper. Needed a way to catch attention and nothing worked quite as well as a few blaster bolts. He switched to automatic and squeezed the trigger, releasing a barrage of the plasma-ion bolts that once guarded the galaxy against droid machinations. Pun completely intended, of course. He kept up the fire, pausing to send it in bursts for better aim. The arm was something he'd need to get creative about. Fortunately, mechanical arms were structurally the same as organic arms. They just needed a whole lot more force to make a dent in.

"Sir, no sign of the dropships!" His lieutenant's voice crackled through the comms.

"Roger that," Krenis replied, pausing in his barrage, "Circle around the engagement and watch the skies. Shoot them down if possible and if not, notify me of their heading. See if we can't bring them down here."

Allies: [member="Coren Starchaser"]
Enemies: [member="Jaron Lesan"] [member="Greifen Ren"]
Gear: Armor, Lightsaber, Zeison Sha Discblades, BTI-WB "Woebringer" Heavy Blaster Pistol

With her Force bomb sailing towards one of the dark siders, Chevu wheeled around to face a speeder that came rolling out of the darkness, practically throwing off its rider. The new arrival sped towards her, the glow of his saber blazing a blood red trail behind him. The hooded Knight hefted up his blade and swung, bringing it downwards. The weapons target? Her arm, which was not bare at all, but very much armored with Sullustan leather, which her writer was linking, but got lazy in her last post. It was a vicious strike, meant to sever her saber arm, but that wasn't happening. Not today.

Instead of parrying with a Makashi riposte as some might, Chevu instead used her off-hand, meeting the blow with her palm of her green skin, fingers splayed. Her jaw was tight as she aimed to push her hand against the tip of the plasma blade, absorbing the lightsaber's energy into her body, just as Coren Starchaser taught her. If successful, she would whirl backwards out of range, then, with her palm shooting outward, throw the crackling energy back at the Knight, like overcharged barrager.

Right, Coren wasn’t exactly an expert on all the dark side factions that were running around the galaxy nowadays, but this one was different than the Sith. The way they approached things were different. Didn’t make him any better, but he was working with an Imperial faction, that could have been Coren, had fate been a little less pleasant to him. Looking at the man that was engaged with him, the Starchaser was curious just how much this one knew, what he was doing when they had met on Sullust.

The man rolled a pretty high dexterity score naturally, to offset his shotty strength, but it worked for Coren. He wasn’t one for a traditional saber education and basically made things up as he went along. What he was going to do was use the Dark Jedi’s speed against him and took a step back, all but stumbling away from the fight, hoping to overbalance the dark sider as Coren pulled the Force to him.

His counter would be to knock at his opponent with the Force, holding him steady for a moment. Force stun was basically Coren’s bread-and-butter skill when it didn’t come to absorbing energy or anything that involved movement speeds. Would give him time to think and see where he could trap this darksider. And if the stun stuck for a moment, Coren would grin. “Now is that anyway to treat an old friend?”

Right, friend might not be the world.

[member="Belis Ren"]
[member="Chevu Visz"]
[member="Jaron Lesan"]

It all happened so fast – it was either the girl who turned with a look of bloodlust in her eye or the volley of blaster fire than came from behind – but Kyle and his men were taken by surprise and broke apart to take cover or return fire to buy them time.

The girl had this upper hand, and at once made for his blaster, using his momentum to send the butt cracking into his helmet which was enough for him to lose his bearings. The sound of battle got louder and he felt the warm air on his face as she took his helmet, pulling his head forward sharply with a gasp, and sending him to his knee with a swift kick.

In all the disorientation, he was glad for a second to gather his breath and have a moment to do nothing. But the E11 was now facing the wrong way – it was facing at him, and he felt exposed. His helmet hid who he was; his actions and command were nothing but that of a First Order trooper, a faceless symbol who could do anything. Now, his unkempt hair and slightly bruised face was in view for all to see, and the girl could look into the eyes of one who had taken the lives of many without batting an eyelid.

At her command, which he knew was honest as Jedi seldom took a life without trying to diffuse the situation, Kyle didn’t respond and just looked at her. He could surrender, a cowardly way out and would be a prisoner of war left behind. For each trooper taken prisoner, a dozen more filled the gap and they wouldn’t be noticed; not foot soldiers like these.

”Me and MY people? We are more than a people. We are a new dawn! A new level of order sweeping across each and every world until these acts of terrorism you people cause are quashed, the people who support you eradicated, and so the galaxy can live in peace with the First Order finally bringing balance to things.”

He had to keep going until he couldn’t anymore with the training and resolve left in him. Kyle made a move. He reached and pushed the E11 erratically away in her hands to try and push up from his kneeling position and enter a grapple with the girl – Force user may be, but he was physically stronger and ready to hurt her – kill her – if he had to.

Allies Nearby: [member="Ricochet"] | [member="Daska Tess"] | [member="ST-2387 'Patriot'"] | [member="Carten Flaa"] | First Order
Enemies Nearby: [member="Keira Ticon"] | Galactic Alliance

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom