Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WHY DONT JEDI ACT LIKE JEDI HERE???

Status
Not open for further replies.
He wasn't doing that, Selena. He offered an opinion as a means of sparking debate. 7 pages in, there's been plenty of it. Whether the other statements satisfy you with respects to being 'evidence' isn't to suggest that he was wrong to post this and express an opinion. He's perfectly at liberty to do so, provided he doesn't contravene the site's rules. And that same right affords your posts the same protection: you post as you see fit, so allow him to do the same. It may not measure up to your standards, but it's perfectly valid for him to say what he chooses to, particularly if, in so doing, he sparks a debate or a discussion useful to other writers.

@[member="Selena Halcyon"] this was not slander to your own faction only a matter of me asking if others felt the same. thank you for your own input and thought i see your point and hold it in the same regards i do my own. SACRED.

@CC-420 "Doc" Silly, we have a clone army, just using yours truly as a template instead of Fett. Their pretty awesome, and that's not bias speaking.

I would suggest that people complaining about the jedi read up on the Legion of Lettow. It's from back before there were sith when some jedi broke off because they wanted to study the darkside purely for the sake of knowledge. The Order did not react well.

Break said:
Not to brag but this post that i wrote while i was on pain medication and sleep deprived got more posts than an invasion in a matter of hours.
@[member="Break"]

bw8xk0.jpg

To say my peace while semi coherent

Compared to what was happening two months ago, yeah the jedi are different. They are active in searching for the enemies of the Republic because as Ashin said the bad guys of the board weren't doing anything. They were content to sit around and just relax while the Republic itself was so inactive it could be considered dead. That was because the culmination of the Republic and jedi going for peace in the galaxy led to a treaty that failed. The order failed with it becoming not about protecting the people but protecting the peace treaty. Two very different things. The other issue is perception, you are excluding the rest of the order the service corps, the healers and the ones who are there but not known as often because people don't want to use them as much.

Now it is easy to do, plenty of people ignore the Republic part of the faction and say the jedi lead everything which they have to do. There is maybe ten or less republic characters while the other 98% of the faction is the jedi. The jedi have to lead threads, have to be at the forefront otherwise we'll go back to where it was with the jedi almost becoming a minor faction and the Republic fading away due to inactivity. No one wanted that so new blood and new direction was given galvanizing the faction into something better. Ben Watts wanted to start it but after metalorn he just made the treaty with Aleidis that damned the faction.

Selena follows the direction of the chancellor offering advice and wisdom to better protect the Republic from those who seek to undermine it but there is a reason why the chancellor isn't the faction owner. The faction owner represents the majority of its players who are acting like jedi in canon with more variety then ever, from Ayna Kuro the Dark Lady to the ones like Yoda and Mace. There are to many flavors of jedi to say which one is right and Yoda, Obi-wan hey had plenty of flaws, plenty of faults that wouldn't have made them great jedi to others.

As a faction admin in the republic we can't order people to rp jedi this way or that, we can control one or two things like advanced knowledge but this is something important to remember. Between the purge, the new jedi order, the wipe and refounding of it, the term "jedi" doesn't actually have a definition, there is no defined traits for it besides doing good to protect the people of the galaxy. Yes we can fight for peace but as a few on the council have pointed out. Peace doesn't matter if the people are dead, because the people create the peace.

Alan

Blessed are the peacemakers
I played a flawed character. A character so flawed, that it showed the dangers of what the Jedi can happen to them if they let their emotions go unchecked, and give into the desires that people normally have. So yes, while a Jedi can feel, they shouldn't act on those emotions. Being a Jedi isn't about having some sort of blank state of mind all the time, it's about controlling what you naturally feel. Every Jedi can love, but they have to realize that love can also have downsides as much as upsides. It's all a matter of balance and control, some qualities that Tracyn couldn't and won't possess, hence his fall to the dark side.

I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom