Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WHY DONT JEDI ACT LIKE JEDI HERE???

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol wow out of proportion... but again do as your going to do live and let live freedom to do as you please. @[member="Antares Windu"] you sir are a troll, a ruffian and a scoundrel. good day to you.

@[member="Selena Halcyon"] PROVE IT.

Tirdarius said:
The Jedi being at the forefront of a conquering Republic...but our arguments lack evidence, it seems. Anyone surprised by this?

Great line. Lacks substance. Cause ya know... the Jedi are helping the Republic crush a Sith Empire. Right. Seriously? That's your argument? Join the real world. You'd probably say America was evil for fighting Hitler. Absolutely absurd. So seriously. Yeah, you have no evidence because you provide none.

Break said:
@Selena Halcyon PROVE IT.
That's what I just told you. The onus is on you.

@[member="Break"]

Not going to lie everything you said was stupid. Everything I said to you was completely serious lol. Maybe not completely serious, but you still need to brush up on your Jedi stuff. :)

Daella Apparine said:
>Jedi do nothing
>Everyone complains about how unJedi the Jedi are
>Jedi do stuff
>Everyone complains about how unJedi the Jedi are
>Sith attack the Senate
>Sith conquer a Mandalorian planet
>Sith do Sith stuff in the public view of the entire galaxy
>Jedi finally respond to it after like a year of doing jack

"WHY DON'T JEDI ACT LIKE JEDI ANYMORE?"

Bro, the Jedi are protecting the Galaxy. Yoda and Windu didn't think the Jedi should be Generals, but they picked up the sword anyways. Certain aspects can be dropped when fulfilling their duties to the Order, or in this case, the innocent.

If only Sith deal in absolutes, then the Jedi Code isn't absolute, homie.

There is no Sith Empire. It collapsed all by itself, with no help from you. More to the point, I could provide plenty of evidence, but past history has proven it to be wasted upon you, Trent. Your perspective on the Jedi is singular, and certainly not one you perceive flaws in. Anyone's attempt to present evidence to the contrary would be rebuffed, whether logically or from sheer belligerent posting, to the tune of "you're wrong, because you've not convinced me otherwise". Difficult to do, when you're not listening.

The real truth? The Jedi ideals were always irrelevant, provided that there's an evil enemy to destroy. The notion of peace exists only provided there's nobody standing in the way of the Jedi's perception of it. Enter the Sith, or any other 'evil' power, and the Jedi mobilise (aggressively, as soldiers and warriors) to attack and destroy it. Not seek diplomatic solutions to create the peace, nor work within the boundaries of afflicted worlds to relieve suffering or protect their populations. The inevitable consequence is far more base: see a Sith? Kill them. Thus do we pacify the Galaxy.

It's all very amusing, really. Most especially when it's aggression wrapped up in espoused moral dogma.

@[member="Selena Halcyon"] this was just a question if people thought if the jedi were acting like jedi and the majority of people here have agreed with me on some sort of grounds or another. and again this is just my experience so far. i have met countless good people here and i have met some not so friendly people here and i am not bashing jedi as much as my words seem to bleh thats not what i intended. im sure that there are good jedi, just as there are bad ones and im sure i can do well to improve my game as a droid. i put too much feeling into this character myself and i should have none. you arent wrong as this is your opinion just as i have my own. ill make my own faction and ill do my best to prove my point. so without trying to fragging make you angry im sorry i offended you about your faction ill be careful to be more sensitive in my future posts.

@[member="Tirdarius"] i have said it before and i will say it again, this was just my opinion. you are free to do as you choose and please. ive said it myself that i am more than likely wrong. but apparently i am not the only person to feel this way. if the post offends you feel free to click away

@[member="Break"] I'm hardly offended by good, honest debate, Break. It's when the dogmatic opinions come forth and suddenly "Your thoughts are of no consequence in the absence of hard evidence that is completely acceptable to me" that I have an objection. You were right to post and sound out everyone's thoughts on the matter: let's face it, with the Sith Empire gone, the Jedi are the foremost Force User faction. They're in the spotlight, and the conduct of it's members should rightly be called into question at times. How else are people expected to improve or redefine their RP without the challenge of other writers conveying thoughts and opinions?

My conclusion? Good job :)

Provide evidence and we'll talk. Till then I have no time to waste on people who resort to nothing but ad hominem and offer no statements aside from fallacy. kkthnxbai.

I think after this thread, It'd become apparent that people complaining about the Jedi not being Jedi fall into one or both of these categories:
  • Haters that don't write Jedi for one reason or another and don't like the Jedi winning
  • People that are out of touch with Star Wars

So, I think I'm going to go back to watching Jedi kick butt and take names in the Clone Wars and SWTOR instead of posting in this thread and others like it.

@[member="Tirdarius"] thank you. this was just a post asking a question, i am new here so things are still hazy at times. and it was just to bring awareness and meet and talk to new people if this changed anyones view of the RP then it did its intended mean. again just my opinion and i wanted to read others opinions.

@[member="Break"] That's good :) Have to encourage healthy debate: we all have our perspectives on the Jedi, the Sith, Force Users as a rule, and near enough everything else. Nobody's going to broaden their ideas (or enrich their writing) without a few discussions designed to challenge people's thinking. It's a positive thing, and I'd always encourage you to go along with that. At the end of the day, the worst thing you're likely to do is provoke a bit of a backlash by stating an unpopular opinion: that could prove discouraging, but it only suggests that the general consensus is contrary to your perspective, so you learn something. If that's not the case, the rest of us do.

So, have at it, brother!

Break said:
this isnt an argument. it never was. this is just my experience and opinion.
Then you're offering nothing except declarations. I can't work with declarations. If there is something to be worked on then provide evidence. I cannot honestly care about your opinion unless you form it in a way that is relevant. You saying to me "The Jedi aren't acting like Jedi" does absolutely nothing for me. I cannot use it. It is just there. A statement that has nothing behind it for me to work with it. Want to see the Jedi change. Give me something tangible and I might do something. As it stands I see -zero- issues, and I also cannot see them unless someone shows me them. Get what I'm saying?

So don't come into a forum screaming your opinion asking for people to pay attention unless you actually give them something to actually pay attention to aside from you ranting. Following?

Arguments, while having bad connotation, are not a bad thing. They lead to change and productivity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom