Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Question Where's all the big Minor factions at?

Darth Voyance Darth Voyance

you mean like a tag on everyone’s avatars displaying whether they’re open to bounties?

or creating their faction banner?

I’m more about those organic minors that don’t need boosts, in this thread. Seems to be a big vacuum.

The Admiralty
Codex Judge
I wonder if the ability to see which new factions are created on the homepage, like it was before, doesn't increase the ability of factions to get new membership at the beginning state?

Then again, that list was often overflowing with new things, personal projects and the such, so not really sure how helpful it was for the long run.

I wonder if the ability to see which new factions are created on the homepage, like it was before, doesn't increase the ability of factions to get new membership at the beginning state?

Then again, that list was often overflowing with new things, personal projects and the such, so not really sure how helpful it was for the long run.

Staff is currently looking at helping individual factions with this.

Coming back after a few years, I find that for new members the bigger factions tend to take the forefront, they tend to have a lot of characters, discussions and buzzing going around (even if it is just at face value). I feel like you have to want a more specific niche or feel to even go looking for minor factions as of late. This might just be my own opinion but that's how I've seen things.

Tefka Tefka

I think its pretty simple - all the minor factions that catch on go major, and the other minors get left on the wayside eventually. IGBC, various Jedi Enclaves, various Sith groups, criminal groups, and more all have activity if you go and look for 'em. Many just tie themselves to majors for easier time finding impactful rp.

Rusty

Purveyor of Fine Weaponry
It seems like every day is a discussion or drumming for Major Factions.

Where's my Bazaars, where's our Bounty Hunter's Guild, where's all the fun narrative focused minor factions that don't need the map game to prop them up?

They died because they needed to map game to prop them up.

In all seriousness, I'd love to jump into a minor faction that was more worried about story than going major as quickly as possible. If anyone has suggestions, I'm all ears.

I say this with no ill will.

BHG is dead because I couldn't go on any more, and I offered the reigns to anyone that wanted them and then... nothing happened. I tried earlier in the year to cater to that style of play, and I did everything I could, but I alone wasn't enough. I would start threads, get initial replies, I would reply, then the thread died. Repeat. I would find threads to join, brings some friends along, and the Bounties generally didn't participate, and our end of the thread died there.

It was so bad I can only think of one successful Bounty thread during my tenure as Faction Owner.

Though I haven't taken any steps yet because my school life has completely absorbed my brain, I have, for the past few weeks now, contemplated starting fresh with an official Subfaction of Darkwire for a Guild organization that caters to Bounty Hunters that are already present in Darkwire.

But that isn't minor factions and what you're talking about is it?

Minor Factions have zero visibility compared to the in-your-face nature of Major Factions, and in my experience the only successfully large minor factions are the ones that are attached to a Major Faction (you know, Subfactions), or minor factions that are gearing up to go Major.

Personally, I don't really see it as a bad thing, other than it makes running a successful Minor faction.... extremely time consuming and hard to run. In comparison, once a Major Faction is successfully set up, it can almost run itself once enough people are involved. Until interest fades, or changes, and the leadership doesn't adapt to it or put in extra effort to reinvigorate or just accepts that it is time for it die.

The reason why Minor Factions don't get big like Major Factions is because Major Factions generally absorb the best leaders, leaving few and far between those exceptional minor factions with great leaders and a good following behind them.

Or maybe I'm totally wrong, and there are hidden minor factions as large as contemporary Major Factions I've never heard of.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom