Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Where Do We Go From Here?

Rusty

Purveyor of Fine Weaponry
So, I've been gone for the better part of a year now, aside from occasionally poking my head in to see what was going on. I've been struggling with the idea of coming back for a number of reasons. While I like RP and writing in general, and I've missed being part of a larger story, I dislike getting caught up in drama, and I dislike the person I become when caught up in said drama even more. Plus, with the new Factory updates, my old niche of pushing through outrageous subs that teeter on the fine line between useless and awesome is kinda gone.

More to the point, I've seen things and done things that have fundamentally altered the way I look at the world. I don't want to be that guy who's all like "you don't know man, you weren't there." Nor do I want to be that guy who hides behind the label of "dysfunctional veteran" as an excuse to be a raging nerf herder, demanding people thank him for his service or lashing out over stupid stuff. All I'm saying is, I'm not the same person I was this time last year, and I'm not really sure where to go or what to do on Chaos.

So, with that in mind, I'm reaching out to see if there's anything going on or anyone trying something that I can get involved in. Lightly, at first; I'm not trying to dive headlong into the fray right off the bat. I'm open to trying something new or working with new people, or jumping back in with old friends, for that matter. I'm just sort of at a loss as to where to start.

Fiolette Fortan

F
[member="Rusty"]

Oh my gosh! Welcome back! ^_^

Take your time, we're here for ya. I hope you're able to find somethin' that works for you.

Just very happy to have you back.

[member="Rusty"]

May I interest you in a dish of intergalactic space allen boogeymen with a side of unique narrative & salt-free collab?

Well, the Bryn'adûl is a new and upcoming thing. Kaiju style humanoids, and a solely singular species faction. If you'd be interested in something like this, hit me up on discord or something rusty. C:

[member="Rusty"]

I feel everything you said. Started writing here again but its "meh". Writing stories with those I've kept in touch with so far to keep away from the dramatic fray that populates the area. Might be useful to do the same for now?

[member="Rusty"]

Well, well, well, the Amerikaner returns to our domain.

If I may, the First Order still survives. We're kicking it from our leased out fort, and are always looking for comrades to avenge our Empire.

He's a nice little primer from yours truly (x)

[member="Rusty"] - Welcome to back to the party man.

If you're looking for something light and fairly self-contained, a few friends and I are running an arc about trying to keep a certain Sith Lord from becoming a minor deity. It's your standard Star Wars adventure shlock, but it's been pretty fun, and the pace is moving slowly enough so as not to be a commitment.

Either way, good to see you back. Best of luck in your endeavors.

Rusty

Purveyor of Fine Weaponry
Thanks for the replies, guys. I'll sort through this afternoon and see where it takes me.

[member="Cedric Grayson"] | [member="Tracyn Ordo"] | [member="Jay Scott Clark"] | [member="Kay Arenais"] | [member="Robogeber"] | [member="Delila Castillon"] | [member="Tathra Khaeus"] | [member="Kurayami Bloodborn"] | [member="Fiolette Raaf"] | [member="Ilias Nytrau"] | [member="Noah Corek"] |

Azura

A
Hello and welcome back. I hope your time here is enjoyable. I myself ghosted only to return, Chaos is funny that way. You never truly leave.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom