Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dominion When the Cherries Blossom | EE Dominion of Lanteeb

IoUibTu.png

dRUm20K.png

Objective: Festivals - Noble Ball
Attire: Uniform | Sword
Attn: Vyra Silara || AMCO AMCO || Azazel Taliss Interacting With: Krae Krae || Ingrid L'lerim Ingrid L'lerim

Thank you, Ingrid, but that will not be necessary, he telepathically responded to his apprentice. Everything is unfolding exactly as I have foreseen. Continue to keep the Sith official busy until I conclude my discussion with this geneticist.

The Emperor chose to respond to the Vran'ti's arrogant comments about security in a manner that was typically Imperial. "<A calculated risk, you see. Having the assassin dragged in here, sends a message to other would-be conspirators,>" he said, not mentioning that he was more than capable of dealing with any threats the would-be killer could pose, afterall his security forces had known about the plot for some time. "<As for the punishment given to the soldier, why execute a capable Ultranaut for a mere breach in etiquette? The humiliation should be enough to teach him not to step out of line, again.>"

"<However, let us return to the more important topic of our project. I would like to have initial estimates of the project's costs delivered to me within a week, so that the appropriate funding may be allocated,>"
the Sith Lord instructed. "<And since we are talking about the replication of these telepathic abilities to a wider section of the military, first I want to inquire what exactly does the initial study procedure entail for the subjects? Is the procedure lethal?>" he asked.

The fact of the matter was that the Eternal Empire already had units with the ability to communicate telepathically, in the form of Blackwatch's Psi Corps department, however these were very few in numbers. If the procedure proved to be safe enough and survivable, volunteers could be found for the Vran'ti's experiments, though the Empire would make sure that no foul play occurred.

dRUm20K.png

Last edited:
M3BQgSn.png

kAQi7Ek.png

Interacting With: Loreena Arenais-Valhoun Loreena Arenais-Valhoun Attn: Karma Jayne || Vidalu Na'an Vidalu Na'an || LE-03 (Leigh) LE-03 (Leigh) || OPEN​

Will counted himself lucky that the rebels had decided to purchase this shipment of weapons, after the debacle on Endor. Debacle which left his previous customers, the ones who had initially ordered the shipment, dead or quite possibly in a jail cell, somewhere. So when this girl, Lori, suddenly started hinting that she was part of the rebellion, the smuggler's response was a wolfish smile.

"Endor, you say?" he replied, feigning surprise even though he had been there, taking down some of those slavers, himself. "You travel to interesting places, miss Lori and I'm glad to hear that those slaves rebelled. But, back to our topic, your ship must be one hell of a spacecraft," Will said. "Tell you what. Once I'm finished handing over these crates to my client, I'll race you. Your ship against the Firebird and whoever loses, buys drinks for the other ship's crew."

Continuing to maintain an air of ignorance, knowing full well that the rebels might be testing him to see whether or not he'll remain discrete about the shipment of weapons and the whole situation on Endor. Besides, he was bored out of his mind and the prospect of a race sounded awfully appealing. He was sure Karma would share his enthusiasm, the Zeltron seemed to have an unquenchable thirst for excitement and adventure. "You're not afraid of a little friendly bet, are you?"

kAQi7Ek.png

IoUibTu.png

It wasn’t the first time the Chiss completely flubbed an interaction and committed such an egregious faux pas. In truth, he simply was honed in on trying to remember who the scarred woman was. Malicar hated any breach of etiquette he committed. He listened to Na’an confirm her name and introduce Adelle. All the shipping tycoon could do was roll with the punches. His red glowing eyes nodded with a slight smile at Na’an with her introduction and subtle chastisement of his social blunder. The Chiss turned to Adelle and gave a graceful bow, “A thousand apologies, Adelle Bastiel. It was certainly not my intent to behave so rudely…”

Adelle accepted the slight with grace, which Malicar appreciated greatly. He replied to her, “No, no, the pleasure is mine. Again, apologies for my rudeness. Perhaps I will see you out and about later this eve. Good luck with the doroon hunt.”

Turning back to Na’an with a small grin, “Distraction can make me out to be quite the social brute at times. My name is Malicar Raith, the pleasure is mine. May I join you?”

Adelle Bastiel Adelle Bastiel
Vidalu Na'an Vidalu Na'an

Last edited:
Ingrid L’lerim
The Red Witch; Emperor's right hand; Director of Blackwatch; Baroness of Vengard
IoUibTu.png
Objective: Festivals: Noble Ball
Equipment: Dress/outfit | Mask
Tag: AMCO AMCO | Kainan Wolfe Kainan Wolfe | Open
dRUm20K.png

She almost thought she would not receive an answer from the emperor, yet it did. Since she had just drunk enough, she thought he hadn't done it. She became angry at the other for a few moments, but she quickly suppressed it. According to the Emperor it was just a job too, he thought he was still working, even though he was trying to have fun. She thought that. Although she enjoyed Adrian's company, especially that it was not mandatory, she chose that.

<”We feel great beyond formalities; you don’t have to hurry my Lord.”> she answered to Kainan Wolfe Kainan Wolfe .

Her “words” might have become more brittle than she would have liked, but she didn’t care now. She turned her full attention back to the other sith. It was a pleasant surprise to her to have a similar view on this subject. She just nodded at the answer with a smiley again. Moments later, after her question, she accepted the man's hand. Dance; this evening will get better and better. And finally she herself received her first question. She laughed softly again:

”I was already beginning to believe, you would never be asking anything from me” she said softly.

Which she could immediately see that Adrian was dancing well. Ingrid learned dance too; it was part of her training, from the noble dance to entertaining the audience even in a bar. That’s why she gave her best performance here too, and because she was a maximalist. During the dance she answered the question too.

”I would like to say I have, but it would be a lie. I don't even remember when I had free time last time. At the imperial wedding I had to seduce an OPA spy and tell him false information, because he would dare show his face at the event. That was the Emperor’s command…” she sighed. ”I really can't recall the last time I talked to someone so freely or danced like with you. When I’m not acting or playing a role. My work requires constant readiness. But not today, I hope. Today, in principle, I have a day off. I hope the Emperor didn’t change his mind.”

And based on his earlier words, there was a chance to come here and "kidnap" Adrian. While she had the opportunity to dance / stay with the man, she tried to take advantage of it.

”Forgive me, I don't want to and I don't like to complain” said apologetically. ”Where did you learn to dance so well? I wouldn't think an influential Sith like you can be as good a dancer as you are.” she inquired curiously accompanied by a smile.

wUV8259.png

nBtOGGm.gif

Objective: 1 Noble Ball Festival
Wearing:
Black and silver robes. The mask of a dragons face.
shruuk (across back)
Nearby: (that I can tell) Kainan Wolfe Kainan Wolfe Ingrid L'lerim Ingrid L'lerim AMCO AMCO Azazel Taliss
Interacting: Kainan Wolfe Kainan Wolfe

Nexus shrugged at the comment of a calculated risk. These weren't his people, he didn't care if they died in an explosion or to disease. They belonged to the empire, what he did with them was no concern to Nexus. As long as he wasn't blamed or harmed in the process, it didn't matter. He did raise an eyebrow at Tacitus response to what Nexus thought about the punishment, "I never suggested death. But it is not my subject or authority. You will do as you will do." he said waving the matter aside.

They were back onto the things more familiar to the sith now. He wanted the costs within a week. That was manageable. The primary cost uncertainty would be based upon the capture of the Tuk'ata. The rest was mostly making sure the manpower and equipment was kept operating for the time necessary to achieve what they needed. He also asked about procedures, and lethality, that caused another chuckle in the Vran, "Only if there is incompatibility between the designs of the species themselves. The procedures of examining a new species or going into deeper depth on their physiology is not what most outsiders would call 'pretty' but it's quite standard for the military. Our BIOMED's, which is what we usually use for such purposes, allow us to effectively take the entire body apart without leaving any damage or pain in the subject. Even remove the memories if it was necessary. "

He looked into the crowd thoughtfully, such strange things outsiders were. Naturally he had better insight than most of his own people did. He had spent more time among them, both in the lowest scum while he served his sith master, and in those of such ranking as he was now. And yet there was still a great disconnect between them. "Course there are limitations of telepathic forces that don't receive the lifelong training that ours do, nor their power. But their creation would likely be of little difficulty, species wide telepathy does already exist afterall. It's only a matter of advancing and replicating that ability."

He would no doubt be no longer needed for this conversation soon, unless Tacitus actually intended to discuss details. Or perhaps had more he wanted to talk about. Perhaps he would simply enjoy the party if that was the case. Not that there was much for him to do. He'd probably simply end up observing.

IoUibTu.png

dRUm20K.png

Attire: Uniform | Sword
Attn: Vyra Silara || AMCO AMCO || Azazel Taliss Interacting With: Krae Krae || Ingrid L'lerim Ingrid L'lerim

So, the procedure wouldn't be lethal for any potential volunteers, unless the Vran'ti was lying though his teeth, though the Sith Lord couldn't see how the scientist could do that and potentially cover up a casualty later on. This did raise some very interesting possibilities, but the question was, could the Empire really trust the Vran'ti with this level of access to some of its military secrets? The Psi Corps units were vital to the functioning of the Empire, since their ability to communicate telepathically could circumvent any and all electronic jamming and espionage technologies and any attempts to snoop in on their communications could be foiled by the proper use of telepathic ciphers, which allowed the Imperials to encode messages into strings of images, numbers and unrelated code words and giving the Vran'ti access to the thought processes of the Empire's telepaths could potentially be very dangerous.

Perhaps that could be a possibility later, if the Vran'ti proved themselves sufficiently loyal and dedicated to the Imperial cause, if their security protocols could be trusted, if the Empire felt confident it could control what the Vran'ti would do with the insights gained from that level of access into the Empire's own classified research. Right now, though, the telepathic beast scouts would be sufficient. He would have to make a decision relatively soon, though. He doubted these Vran'ti would be happy to just let go of this prospect and if the Empire turned them down, they may attempt to conduct their own research into the matter covertly, behind the Empire's back. Which could prove very detrimental.

"<For the moment, Vo'ni, the current project will be sufficient. I will make inquiries amongst the Empire's institutions, however and we will see if volunteers can be found for further research, along with the allocation of the necessary funding. Your proposal does create some very interesting possibilities, so I will see what can be done, but you have to understand that this will take some time,>" the Eternal Emperor responded.

"<In the meantime, I will leave you to focus on the creation of the telepathic scout beasts that we discussed and we shall speak about expanding this research to include telepathic soldiers at the earliest possible opportunity,>" he said. "<Good luck in your research, master Krae. I am glad we were able to reach a very productive conclusion to our conversation.>"

dRUm20K.png

IoUibTu.png

9lv2K7W.png

Objective: Maintain Order
Attn: VanceCaydence VanceCaydence || OPEN
The column of armored vehicles advanced up the main street, cheered on by locals coming to see the military parade. Younglings were smiling and waving at the troops, holding little Imperial flags, a welcoming the Empire did not often receive, but a heartwarming sight for many of the troops marching along the tanks in full combat gear, the Empire's military power on display for all to see. Soldiers were more than just people, in Imperial culture. They were the heart and soul of the nation, the most celebrated and respected members of Imperial society, for it was their sacrifices which brought purpose and restored order to all the worlds the Empire annexed. It was through their efforts that the Empire's borders were defended and expanded.

At the head of the column marched the standard bearers, their crimson flags torn and scarred by battle, a mark of their veterancy. It was a tradition within the Eternal Army, to leave these flags as they were, wearing their scars proudly. The Fieldmarshall knew these regiments since they left the academy. Mere months ago, they were greenhorns, fresh troops who had not yet been battle tested, who hadn't yet earned their scars. Now, after Bursoll II... These Ultranauts now stood amongst their peers as equals, as veterans. Despite their inexperience, they had fought valiantly against the horrors of the Melding Plague, distinguishing themselves by serving with the discipline, skill and effectiveness that were held in such high standards in the Imperial military.

The parading troops were not the only Imperial soldiers present, however. In order to maintain public order, especially given the assassination plot by some of the local nobles, numerous soldiers were out on patrol as well. Leaving the parade to be handled by his subordinates, the Fieldmarshall decided to inspect some of the security checkpoints that had been installed by the Empire since their arrival.

There was no tactical or strategic reason behind his decision. Given the welcoming given by the local population, he did not expect there to be any serious incidents and so this inspection was a mere formality, but it would be good for the soldiers' morale to see their commanding officer taking an interest in their duties. And so, the Fieldmarshall left the command post with a small group of three Warthogs, the small column driving slowly through the busy streets as it navigated its way towards its destination.

9lv2K7W.png

It was rare for a planet to submit without force to the Eternal Empire and join it's territories, but when they did, it was done with much fanfare and celebration. Khorde was a paradox, he was a hound of war that found comfort in warmth that peace provided. As a Wolfguard, he would track down and slaughter the enemies of the Emperor without question, but this did not mean that he took particular pleasure from it. The rage that often overtook him and his comrades was like a euphoric effect, driving them forward to complete their mission, no matter who or what stood in their way. But even the most hardened of men would begin to weary, the most bloodthirsty of warriors beginning to tire of the flavor. Perhaps with time, Lanteeb would become the standard, and not the outlier. Perhaps the Galaxy would begin to see the purpose and efforts of Tacitus would be in their best interests. Or perhaps not.

Usually, Khorde would shadow the Emperor as the captain of his elite guard, but today was not a usual one. The empire could not employ the measures it took as standard when securing a world. There were no blockades, on the ground or in space. armored vehicles and regiments did roll through the streets, but at the cheer of civilians, not at the cries and screams of those injured and left behind. He and his subordinates would be divided amongst security checkpoints with himself moving between them, to ensure things went well. When he received a call of an assassination attempt, he was not worried, nor was he concerned for the Emperor. The man was the most powerful being he'd ever shared the same air as, and no petty assassin would be able to even lay a finger on him, let alone harm him. The matter had been taken care of quite quickly and with little disruption.

No, Khorde's mind switched into a more aggressive state, as he began to consider that there may be more. The recent up crop of rebellion within the territory of the EE gave credit to this. Where one or two rats propagated, soon a million would infest the barn. This warranted stricter protocols. As if on queue, a column of Imperial vehicles arrived at Khorde's current checkpoint, headed by none other than Wulf Orlock, the Fieldmarshal of the Eternal Empire. The man's rumored brutality and dogma on the battle field would've made him right at home within the Wolfguard.

"Fieldmarshal Orlock." He offered a short salute. "It's surprising to see you so far away from a battlefield, I must admit."

Attn: Wulf Orlock Wulf Orlock

Wanderer Lost, Wanderer Found
IoUibTu.png

Adelle accepted the slight with grace, which Malicar appreciated greatly. He replied to her, “No, no, the pleasure is mine. Again, apologies for my rudeness. Perhaps I will see you out and about later this eve. Good luck with the doroon hunt.”

Turning back to Na’an with a small grin, “Distraction can make me out to be quite the social brute at times. My name is Malicar Raith, the pleasure is mine. May I join you?”

The sudden appearance of an Imperial noble aside, disappointment had a way of making Vidalu Na'an less than pleasant company. She watched Adelle leave, her expression all but begging her not to, but the Healer had the good sense to get out when the getting's good. That left her alone with a well-dressed Chiss who seemed to know her somehow....and Leigh, who was only present in the sense that she was acting under the pretense that she was Na'an's mindless servant. Not a position that would allow her to help carry this risk of a conversation.

Which meant that she would have to.

There went her shore leave.

"I have no reason to decline," she forced herself to say, waving at the seat her friend had vacated. "Please, sit."

She shot a look at Leigh, pointing at the half-crumpled cup leaking doroon onto the table. "We'll need another two of these," she said, wincing interally at the commanding tone. She'd have to apologize to the droid later, once they were away from prying eyes, but at least this gave one of them an escape route, if only for a moment. "One for me, and one for....Malicar, was it?"
Her gaze returned to the merchant, and she propped her elbows on the table to steeple her fingers in front of her face, just over her patch. "You know, you never did tell me where we met before this. I'd think I would recognize someone like you more readily than the other way around."

IoUibTu.png

9lv2K7W.png

Objective: Maintain Order
Attn: VanceCaydence VanceCaydence || Interacting With: Khorde Drago Khorde Drago || OPEN​

The Fieldmarshall responded to the Wolfguard's salute with one of his own, snapping his closed fist over his heart. "<Captain Drago,>" he spoke in High Nelvaanian, acknowledging the man. The Wolfguard was a capable and distinguished officer, loyal and disciplined, a good soldier. "<There isn't much happening right now, so I decided it would be good for the morale of the troops to see their commanding officer personally checking their situation,>" the Fieldmarshall responded.

"<How is the situation at this checkpoint, captain?>" the Fieldmarshall inquired. "<Is there anything to report? Do the men need anything?>" he asked. "<I know the Wolfguards aren't my jurisdiction, but I could petition the Emperor for some shore leave for your unit. I'm sure his majesty would grant this request.>"

Of course, the Wolfguards couldn't be given shore leave all at once, their duties requiring some of them at the very least to be on active duty at all times, but a rotation could be set up. "<I am sure your men must be eager to visit their families and rest, especially after Bursoll II,>" the Fieldmarshall said. Bursoll II... had been a nightmare. The Empire had lost entire regiments of troops fighting back the creatures of the Melding Plague. He did not know what the Wolfguards' situation was, but with the Emperor personally on the ground, it must have been rough.

Even the Empire's elites would need some R&R after something like that. They were the best, most disciplined troops amongst the ever growing multitude of planets flying the crimson triskellion banner of the Eternal Empire, but they were also people. And the Empire cared for its people, especially its soldiers, the heart and soul of their nation.

9lv2K7W.png

"<The checkpoint is fine, Marshal, though there was an incident with the Emperor not too long ago. It's being handled, but I suggest we enact stricter protocols going forward. We don't want some kind of bigger incident breaking out, not on a day as important as this.>", he responded back in the language. He'd been so used to using Basic when dealing with those outside the Empire that he sometimes didn't even notice when he switched anymore. "<We are Lord Tacitus' eternal and loyal soldiers, Marshal. At his command, we hunt. And at his call, we strike. Shore leave isn't something most of us would jump at, save maybe the whelps.>"

He took off his helmet, to better converse with the man. Often, for warriors, removing your helmet showed a understanding of mutual trust between the two. "<We've been at the Emperor's side so often as of recent, I fear some of the men are suffering from a hunger for battle.>", he chuckled. Some of them had been getting a bit stir crazy as what could be seen as a 'soft' assignment. Guarding the Emperor was one of the highest honors a guardsman could attain, but it wasn't known for any specific dangers or difficulty. Often it involved simply being present at his side.

"<Though I must admit, as much as we wish to be, we are not tireless. Some rest in general is never a bad idea.>" His family would be as busy as he was. Oberon and Mara had their own duties, and Elaine was perhaps the one person whose dogma went beyond his, or even Orlock's. They'd see each other when the time came

Objective: BYOO

Lori half expected Will Westender Will Westender to rub his chin or something as he seemed to think about Endor and began to catch on to what she was hinting at.

Whether or not the few Rebels that she knew of were aware of Will dropping off cargo here while the Empire was in the immediate area was anyone's guess. It could be too dangerous for them to approach at this time.

"Well that's not fair. Not all of my crew drink. So how about a slightly different wager; given that we are in a similar kind of business....Your client might not show, or at least not at this spot. So I'd say that we go back to where my ship's getting worked on, then have a race there. Winner delivers the cargo AND receives the payment for it. Deal?" Lori wasn't much of a berting person, so making wagers weren't exactly her forté.

Objective: 1B
Tags: Taozi Fuyuan Taozi Fuyuan :|: VanceCaydence VanceCaydence
Attire: Suit (in image), Partial Temperature regulator (hidden under suit, chest)

He knew she was there.

He'd been staring at the trees for at least twenty minutes, scanning every blossom on the tree intently. His eyes had narrowed, like the apex predator he was, and his attention was fixated solely on finding her amidst the trees. His face was hard, angled in harsh and jagged ways as he 'hunted' for her, the pink one hiding within pink. It was a smart play, if she was indeed making a play in a game here, but one that held a fundamental flaw if she knew he would be partaking. He was trained from birth to hunt sand colored prey in sand colored... sand. This was child's play, quite literally. Even if it was taking him time, it would take others much longer without help, or a healthy heaping of luck.

He idly fixed his ornate suit's cuffs, grateful the attire had been fitted so well for him yet left the room over his chest for the harness with the regulator piece. His chest was warmed by it, and with his heart warmed the rest of his blood was kept at a stable temperature, perfect for this situation. His armor would be a poor choice for a party after all, with its literal (to a Komo) demonic appearance. Not that his horns or tail, or the fact he was two bloody meters tall helped any. Six and a half feet of scaled muscle, lean by Komo standards, standing idly looking at trees. What a sight he must-

His eyes locked onto her finally, and after a brief moment of intense staring his face softened, and a small smile graced his lips. Almost silently, despite his stature, he slipped through the crowd, and past a man seated on a bench beneath her. With talented hands, he found little handholds in the tree, and easily pulled his massive height up and up, until he could sit in the tree beside her,at the only part able to sustain his weight alongside her. He reached into his coat, and pulled a thermos out, opening the pour lid and filling the now empty cup of Taozi Fuyuyan, giving her perfectly heated tea to continue enjoying before the thermos disappeared where it came from.

HE looked out a bit at the people walking around, some of whom seemed to notice Sterling if not Taozi sitting in the tree before moving along, and spoke softly. "Trees, nice. Not many as hatchling. Not same from Tribe home. Diff-Err-Ant. Pretty.... nice pink. Very pretty pink." He glanced at her a bit, flashing the small smile. "Very nice. Gentle, good for eyes. Good for par-tea too."

VanceCaydence

Engineer, Caydence Naval Yards
IoUibTu.png

Objective: 1B - Festival Among the Commoners
Tags: Taozi Fuyuan Taozi Fuyuan | Kainan Wolfe Kainan Wolfe | Sterling Kinslayer Sterling Kinslayer | OPEN
Post No.: Two

The Lanteebian people truly knew how to appreciate beauty. The festival was a tribute to their aesthetics, and Vance was finally starting to enjoy himself a little, tree person or not. The view was iconic - as the wind carried the showers of petals in every direction, the boughs of the trees swayed ever so gently, the rustling sounds of flora dancing in the air almost rhythmic in their musings.

The din of the crowds added to the flavor of the aesthetic; sizzling grills and savory scents floated through the air, mingling with the sweet aroma of baked goods and flora alike. People played instruments and sang songs, each more beautiful sounding than the last. Vance continued enjoying the festival, drinking his plum wine. The intoxicating effects were apparently working...already he'd seen a woman in a flowery pink outfit in the tree above him. He wasn't aware that the wine of Lanteeb held hallucinogenic properties, but, he decided to roll with it, if only for the nice buzz it was giving him.

He then made the mistake of allowing his eyes to roam upward again...and now, not only was there a lady in a pink outfit, but apparently a rather-large man with lizard-like features had now joined her. Vance did a double-take, truly unsure if he was seeing what he was seeing. He then looked at the jug of wine in his hands as though it were entirely-alien to him, and set it down on the ground beside him gently as he stood, wavering slightly from the effects of the alcohol. Turning and looking upward into the tree again, he muttered quietly to himself.

"I think I'd better leave that wine alone, lest the lizard-man and tree-girl end up with a blue-haired succubus hanging out with them in a minute..."

Continuing onward, he made his way toward the cantina, sidling up beside the bar as he watched the holovid screens around the room. Apparently, there was coverage of an Imperial ball going on, with all of the high-and-mighty in attendance, and the Lanteebians had decided to holovise the whole ordeal. Some were showing live vids, while others were newscasts of the events, displaying "highlights" - as if that stuff-shirted lot would have anything worth "highlighting" to begin with.

Then something came to his attention - there was a ruckus involving a soldier dragging a noble in front of the Emperor, himself...apparently the man was involved in some sort of attempt against the Emperor's life. He had been beaten and bloodied, brought before the boisterous bastard, himself.

And then...it happened. Something so delectable, so fantastical, that Vance wasn't even sure he heard what he had...the news show was apparently rerunning a portion of the audio that was grabbed from the altercation.

"My emperor," Azazel called out as the guests gasped and screamed at the sight. "A traitor my emperor, a rebel. With assassination orders." Azazel finished his sentence as he finally ended the dragging of the fat man before his emperor and took a bow. The Ultranaut bowed before the emperor who was conversing with another.

Daddy Bear, forgive my interruption. I bring you an assassin."

Did he just...?

"...He wot?!"

It wouldn't have been so hilarious had this not been a parody-style news program that decided to emphasize the fact that this low-level HACK of a soldier had just decided to call the EMPEROR OF THE FREAKIN' ETERNAL EMPIRE "Daddy Bear"... it was being shown in repetitive audio, no less!

"DADDY BEAR"

"DADDY BEAR"

"D-A-D-D-Y B-E-A-R"
The last bit was even slow-motion, zoomed in on his lips and dragging out the enunciation of the "pet name". Vance lost it. He started laughing, nigh uncontrollably, garnering more and more attention from the patrons of the bar. Grabbing out his credit chit, he slapped it down on the bar and looked over at the bartender.

"My good man! Please, please, I beg you...should that man need any drinks after embarrassing himself so completely, put it on my tab!" Chuckles "No, no really...I do mean it!"

The bartender walked over, attempting to calm Vance's rather boisterous outburst down just a little.

"Sir...if you'd be so kind, I'd appreciate it if you'd calm yourself. My other patrons, you see--"

"--Well, I mean, did you see that?! The little twit just called the kriffin' Emperor 'Daddy Bear'!!! On galactic holovision!"

"Yes, sir, I understand that, but--"

"--I mean, I know the Emperor 'disciplines' his soldiers quite well, but uh...for it to get that personal - must be some kinda-" Whistles "-goin' on there!"

That made some of the patrons upset. Already, the mood in the cantina was shifting. The bartender began noticing the others becoming disgruntled.

"...Sir, please, this is an Imperial establishment. I'll have to ask you to tone it down--"

Vance was broken out of his levity by that statement. He suddenly ceased laughing, focusing his gaze on the bartender.

"Excuse me...what?"

"I mean no disrespect, it's just..."

"Just what? People aren't allowed to have an opinion anymore?! Oh, wait...I guess not. It's the Empire, after all."

A couple of the patrons stood from their chairs, posturing menacingly.

"Wha--Oh, c'mon, people! Have a sense of humor! These prigs must've sucked all of the fun out of you if you can't even take a karking joke..."

A couple of the larger, more aggressive-looking fellows eased out from behind their tables, stepping toward Vance.

"Oh, so it's like that, is it? Hey, look...if you lot wanna sit here and be the Empire's little kath hounds, lapping up the bitter blue milk dripping from their shiny boots, be my karking guest..."

One of the men went for a bottle, breaking it off to make a jagged-edged weapon as the remaining contents sloshed all over his table. Vance's grin turned into a scowl.

"Oh, now, fellas...stuff like that's gonna make me feel unwelcome around here."

"Finally, he gets it!"

Vance shot a look at the man who spoke up, tilting his head in the fellow's direction.

"The only thing you're about to 'get' is a lesson in politics and civility, you little twerp..."

The man with the bottle over to Vance's right was the first to come at him. As he lunged toward Vance, the elder Caydence sidestepped, and whipped his left arm around to slap-hold the man's wrist. The servos in his prosthetic arm hummed as he applied pressure with his grip, causing the attacker to howl in pain as he dropped the bottle. Vance's back was to the crowd now, and one of the other men began to move towards him. Vance pivoted, using his cybernetic strength to swing the now doubled-over assailant toward the other man, nearly flinging him across the room as the man stumbled and crashed into the advancing male. Both of them went to the floor, and Vance was quick to grab a bar stool and pick it up, walking over towards the two men with a scowl on his face.

"You see...now this...this is what I call 'democracy'. When people can't get along, they hash it out...like so!"

Vash smashed the stool into one of the chairs that sat beside the tables, rendering it to splinters and somewhat damaging the stool itself.

The bartender, now horrified and frightened by Vance's actions, scrambled out from behind the bar towards the door of the cantina. Busting through the opening into the streets, he began looking for someone, anyone that could help him with the situation in his bar.

"Excuse me?! Help! Guards! I've got a brawl breaking out here!!!"

Last edited:

Karisa

Brask'ari'sabosen (retired)
IoUibTu.png

Attire: Dress, Shawl, Jewelry
Brask'ari'sabosen or Karisa as she was known by in the Eternal Empire circles since first being introduced to the Imperial society by the Chiss shipping tycoon Malicar Malicar when they were a couple or at least the rumor is they are no longer together, she finally made her arrival at the Governor's Estate. She had received an invite or was it a command, to the Noble Ball from Kainan Wolfe Kainan Wolfe himself. The ex-Chiss noble had not had the honor as of yet to personally meet the Emperor. Karisa was optimistic this opportunity would be positive or at least she would do her best to make it so.

The former First Daughter of House Sabosen, Ari's previous title along with Syndic before being exiled from the Chiss Ascendancy after an intra-family coup assassinated her father, the ruling Aristocra at the time, and any loyalists of his. Karisa herself had barely survived the attempt on her own life that fateful day on the streets of the capital city of Sposia; Ch'avz. If it hadn't been for Malicar stepping in, she would have more than likely met her end as well. Perhaps it had been for the best as her Chiss homeworld was now in the middle of its demise as foreign agents had been allowed to run amuck and seemingly destroy all that Mitth'oru'sabosen had built and stood for as a staunch believer in the ideals of the Red Flame.

Living in exile had been a struggle yet with her Chiss resilience intact, Karisa had made the best of it with and alongside Malicar as the charismatic Chiss shared his business and bed with her... until recently. Was it a business consideration or personal? Probably a little of both as it was harder to make backroom or was that bedroom deals with a smart and beautiful woman on one's arm, or was it?

Anyhoo...

Crimson orbs scanned the sea of patrons as Karisa entered the gathering area within the vast estate of Lanteeb's governor. The dark-haired, near-human adjusted the fur shawl covering her bare shoulders and exposed a bit more of the dewy soft, blue-hued skin and the red jeweled necklace adorning her sensuous neck. When a waiter came by with a tray of champaign she took a crystal flute with an appreciative yet curt nod, then the female Chiss proceeded further into the crowd with an air of grace as her noble upbringing had taught her well.

Last edited:
M3BQgSn.png

kAQi7Ek.png

Interacting With: Loreena Arenais-Valhoun Loreena Arenais-Valhoun Attn: Karma Jayne || Vidalu Na'an Vidalu Na'an || LE-03 (Leigh) LE-03 (Leigh) || OPEN​

"Bold words," the smuggler responded with a confident grin. Seeing how nobody else showed up, he concluded that this girl, Lori, was likely the only one the rebels sent. Likely, the commotion at the ball had spooked the rest, so it was highly unlikely that he'd get to unload his cargo on Lanteeb. And judging by Lori's seemingly innocent proposal which, if he lost the bet, would see her and her people getting the shipment for free, they had picked a more than adequate negotiator for this transaction. Oh, well, it wasn't like there was much else he could do with this cargo, anyway. Right now, it only took up space in his cargo hold, which kept him from taking other jobs and finding a new buyer would take time, which would result in this whole endeavor costing more than it would have if he just spaced those crates in the first place. So its not like he had that much to lose.

But he wasn't going to tell her that. Overstating the value of one's own merchandise made for good business. And in this case, it made things a lot more interesting. "I'll take your bet," he said to her. "But if I win, you're paying for the fuel and the landing fees," he added, raising the stakes to match her own. Not that it would cover much of the losses he had already incurred by lugging around those weapons, but no wager was fun unless there was at least something to be won at the end. And he felt pretty confident he'd win.

"So, when do we head out?" the smuggler asked, a wicked grin on his face as he slapped his hand against the hull of his freighter and pushed himself off of the bulkhead he was leaning on, eager to get off this planet and do something fun for once. Besides, it got him a little closer to his objective and what was the harm in doing his job in a way that was a little more enjoyable?

kAQi7Ek.png

There she was again, uncertain of how she would proceed with her life. Long ago she was called Darth Umbra, but that was over. Her second master was gone, the first one died at her own hands, who was she now? Sanguine Nocturnal she called herself, but was she worthy of that name? Those were very tiring two years, she made a lot of money working for criminals and nobles in the Unknown side of space, but it didn't matter, she remained nothing to all of them. She worked, earned money or stole and ran away again, how much longer would she stay there in Lanteeb? First she worked and tried to make a fortune in illegal ways, then she focused on her ‘trades’, the years were good for her and her learning. Sanguine, with a new name, had gained a new art to focus on, turning to what many called ‘alchemy’ or even ‘sith magic’, merged with her past knowledge she tried to use these skills in her experiments. All failures.

But what did she seek to create? A pet of her own? The sithspawn? A thrall? She did not know, but her ways were perfect, her material and her workplace not so much. Dirty and shameful places that produced short-lived aberrations, most of those she killed by herself, some escaped and she left them be. ‘Nature will follow its way’, she said to herself as she left to find a new place to work, and now? She was in a worse situation than ever. Sanguine heard about the Eternal Empire, more like a tale than something to be actually feared, she never cared about them but now… here she was. A planet taken by them, on their road to achievements perfection and order, and when she thought she could escape the planet in her rusty freighter, she was wrong because the planet was closed. Sanguine waited, but had someone not given her location, sold it for a few coins she might have been able to hide.

The soldiers came and captured her, she did not fight against them, there was no reason to irritate the imperialists. They interrogated her and surprisingly for her, Sanguine told the truth about what she was doing and who she was, but hid much of her past, an alchemist from unknown regions she said, but nothing more. She was beautiful, that she knew and that she sought, the means to be able to produce the beauty that she venerated in something as incredible as, but that would take time and now she was at the mercy of those within her reach. Captured, after being interrogated, she was taken there, to that strange dance of people as rigid as ice. She was escorted by the ball, without being told anything, although she didn't ask anything, because with her sharp eyes she just kept watching those people, their beauty and grace, and from the bottom of her soul black as coal ... Sanguine he wished that for her.
'Another day, another credit.', she thought to herself sighting heavily.

IoUibTu.png

She shot a look at Leigh, pointing at the half-crumpled cup leaking doroon onto the table. "We'll need another two of these," she said, wincing interally at the commanding tone. She'd have to apologize to the droid later, once they were away from prying eyes, but at least this gave one of them an escape route, if only for a moment. "One for me, and one for....Malicar, was it?"

Had they been alone, Leigh might have teased her human about being such a glutton. As it was, she merely nodded smoothly and rose, clearing the cup as the model of droidlike efficiency. "The lines today are long," she said in a monotone. "I anticipate my return in ten to fifteen minutes."

She then made her own retreat before Na'an could pin her down with a look of horror, making her way towards the corner where she had found the vendor. As she passed a nearby receptacle, she dumped the half-full cup, hardly taking notice of the action. Adelle Bastiel had said she would be searching for the vendor as well, and sure enough, the Healer was already waiting in line between two couples. Rather than taking her place in line, she waved at Adelle and made to join her. One of the benefits of droidhood was that such tiny rudenesses went unregarded.
"My master has requested another helping for herself and her guest," she said by way of greeting. "I regret not anticipating her appetite, given her current rate of exhaustion. She does always get hungry after a campaign, and after so many..."

One of the couples cast a curious look their way at the word 'campaign'. Yet another positive sign that the news on Lanteeb wasn't as complete as the Empire wanted them to believe.

Objective 1A: Mingle with the aristocracy.
Equipment: Gildenweave Suit, Shadow Mask
Writing With: Ingrid L'lerim Ingrid L'lerim
Post Number VIII
---

Enjoying dance and company alike, Adrian made a sound of understanding - given his choice of mask, facial expressions were difficult.

"Always on duty, then? In that case, I'm glad you can be yourself with me..." A hint of a roguish smile would poke through the shadows masking his features. "... and if you ever need someone to throw up a diplomatic smokescreen for some well-earned recreation, you know who to ask."

It certainly would not be the first time he had done such a thing, and besides, L'lerim was proving to be quite pleasant company.

Chuckling softly, Adrian shook his head. "Oh, I don't mind a complaint or two - I asked, after all. As for the dancing, you would be surprised; it's hard to be too clumsy with prescience on your side." Grin concealed by the shadows he wore, he continued. "I have a better starting point than most, however, for much of my teens was spent amongst the nobility of Serenno. It's the sort of thing you pick up there... that and expensive tastes!"

Ingrid L’lerim
The Red Witch; Emperor's right hand; Director of Blackwatch; Baroness of Vengard
IoUibTu.png
Objective: Festivals: Noble Ball
Equipment: Dress/outfit | Mask
Tag: AMCO AMCO | Kainan Wolfe Kainan Wolfe | Open
dRUm20K.png

Like Adrian, Ingrid enjoyed company and dancing quite a bit, although it was easier for her to express this with facial expressions in the absence of a full head mask. However, she frowned on the question for a few moments. Adrian touched on a very sensitive area with the question, however the other half of his words made her smile. True, Ingrid has not received such an offer many times, but still, there was a little suspicion in her just because of her work. Sometimes she really hates that, this minute was like that too.

”Always on duty, yes… I try to have some privacy too but I don't really succeed. That’s why minutes like this are joyful to me.” she replied.

She wondered for a moment what she would answer, but she felt like they were alive once, so she responded in the light of that thought.

”Well…” she started, she bit her lower lip for a moment. ”It is a very joyful and compelling argument for me to go to the Sith Empire more often. Maybe we can get to know each other better, and I hope to see you one day even without a mask.”

She even winked at Adrian at the end of her words. This time Ingrid laughed softly at the compliment, she also blushed thanks to her great acting skills, thus also showing how successful Adrian's compliment was. Ah! He was a noble man, interesting.

”Ah, that explains a lot! I heard spicy stories from the nobility of Serenno” she grinned. ”If not a very indiscreet question, how does a nobleman from Serrano become one of the most influential lords of the Sith Empire? Your story of gaining your position is certainly more interesting and exciting than mine.”

wUV8259.png

nBtOGGm.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom