Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dominion When the Cherries Blossom | EE Dominion of Lanteeb

IoUibTu.png

Reading people wasn’t just a nice skill to have—it was required…especially when he united the criminal factions across Hutt Space. If Malicar was not able to read the room or read the person in front of him, there was always the possibility that he might turn his back on an adversary—denizens of the galaxy didn’t last long when that happened. His glowing eyes regarded the human female in front of him…

Uncomfortable. Because of me. Not because of I am Chiss. The look of displeasure came from my garb, my bearing, my words…she takes issue with wealth, nobility, or something else—and yet she is a handmaiden to the Queen. She has resigned herself to this interaction…intriguing. But I will not overstay…

The human asked about how he knew her. With a snap and a grin, Malicar responded, “The galaxy is smaller than you may think. My company has business across the Eternal Empire. If you are a handmaiden for the Queen, then I am quite sure it would have been one of the Empire’s more glitzy affairs. I do try to make those—free wine and delightful delicacies. I am quite sure you must have attended the Queen at one of those sometimes drull but intriguing affairs.”

Looking down at his chronometer prompted by a subtle vibration on his wrist. The message was coded in Chiss by one of his security chiefs…

The Doctor is in the House…

A slight grin crossed his handsome face as the message indicated that Karisa had arrived at the Noble Ball. Looking back up, he said frankly, “If you wish to catch up with Dr. Bastiel, I will not keep you. You were a familiar face and I wished to meet you. Mission accomplished, yes?”

Adelle Bastiel Adelle Bastiel
Vidalu Na'an Vidalu Na'an
Karisa Karisa

IoUibTu.png

9lv2K7W.png

Objective: Maintain Order
Attn: OPEN Interacting With: VanceCaydence VanceCaydence || Khorde Drago Khorde Drago

He listened to the Wolfguard's words, then nodded curtly. "Very well, captain. I will see to it that it is done. You and your men will have some R-and-R," he said. Before he could continue any further, there was a commotion.

"Excuse me?! Help! Guards! I've got a brawl breaking out here!" the alarmed voice of a man rose above the buzz and chatter of the busy streets. Turning his head, the Fieldmarshall laid his eyes upon a middle-aged looking human in what looked like a bartender's outfit, running as fast as he could towards the small convoy of Imperial vehicles. Two Ultranauts moved to block his path, but froze in place at a gesture from Orlock. "Let him pass," he commanded.

The bartender stopped for a moment to catch his breath as the Fieldmarshall addressed him. "What is the disturbance, citizen?" the Imperial asked.

"Sir! Uhmm. There is a brawl, sir! Back in my cantina! This man came in and started spouting... un-Imperial things and then started a brawl!" the bartender responded, apprehension in his eyes.

So, a brawl and anti-Imperial language. Most likely some local drunk, or some tourist from the Core, as those people had a tendency to fail to grasp how things were done here in the Unknown Regions. Normally, this would be a matter left up to the local Settlement Defense Force troopers, but since he and his Ultranauts were here, anyway, they might as well take a look.

"Thank you for informing us, citizen. We'll handle things from here," the Fieldmarshall said, signalling to his soldiers to follow him.

-----​

"Get on the ground, now, on the ground! Put your hands behind your heads!" Soldiers burst into the cantina, rifles held ready and pointed at the crowd as they moved to contain the pandemonium within the establishment. Forming a loose half-circle to block the exit, they stood watch over the stunned customers, whom were rushing to comply with the orders, as a man in the uniform of a high-ranking officer stepped inside the building.

"What is the meaning of this!" he barked. "I am Fieldmarshall Orlock of the Eternal Army and I demand an immediate answer!"

9lv2K7W.png

Objective: 1B
Tags: Sterling Kinslayer Sterling Kinslayer
Attire: Dress

Though it took a bit, Taozi did finally notice her student below her. She ceased moving her legs, and sat perfectly still. Besides the wind blowing the loose fabric of her attire with the blossoms. Watching him quietly, pink eyes stared at grey ones, until she was found. To most, the look upon Sterlings face would terrify them, but to Taozi? She knew that Sterling would never mean to do her, or any other vod, harm.

Well. Maybe Australis. Taozi assumed Sterling was still mad about his clan member getting filled with shrapnel on Eshan.

She watched with a smile as Sterling climbed the tree, and sipped the last of her tea as he sat on the branch next to hers. Holding her cup out as he opened the thermos, the quiet sound of the tea filling the cup mixed with the rustling of the cherry blossoms in her ears. Once filled, Taozi pulled the cup back to sit in her lap, and looked back at the crowds below.

"The people of Lanteeb have a beautiful world, one that the Empire does not deserve... But maybe, just maybe, the beauty of this planet will help to heal their broken hearts and minds... Pink is the color of hope, after all."

IoUibTu.png

dRUm20K.png

Objective: Festivals - Noble Ball
Attire: Uniform | Sword
Attn: Vyra Silara Vyra Silara || AMCO AMCO || Ingrid L'lerim Ingrid L'lerim Interacting With: Karisa Karisa || Sanguine Nocturnal Sanguine Nocturnal

The Emperor watched with keen, feline eyes the two people who were brought before him, one a Twi'lek marched in here still in restraints, guards behind her to make sure she did not flee, the other one a Chiss noblewoman in attire that showed her highborn status. With calculating eyes, he regarded both of them silently for a few moments, before finally addressing them.

"Lady Bras'kari'sabosen, of house Sabosen, more casually called Karisa amongst her friends," the Sith Lord spoke in a gravelly, weathered voice, the voice of a soldier, spoke in Basic, rather than the High Nelvaanian that was the official language of the Empire. "Once First Daughter of house Sabosen, as well as diplomatic syndic, until that unfortunate coup, that is. Served with distinction and honor in the CEDF as chief medical officer, held comparable rank within the forces of the First Order as well, displaying exemplary qualities. Fought against the Jen'ari occupation, then at Bakura, during the Ssi-Ruuvi invasion, where you were taken prisoner, an ordeal which you survived in spite of the odds being stacked against you," he said, listing her accomplishments, which he knew by memory.

"You have an impressive resume," the Sith Lord spoke. "Which is why I invited you here, today. I would like to offer you a position within the Imperial government, as Baroness of Verkuyl. Due to your background in medicine and your knowledge about the Unknown regions, I believe you are ideally suited for the position, if you would accept it. You would be in a position to help rebuild the Unknown Regions, to restore order and participate in the creation of the greatest civilization in the history of the galaxy. What say you, lady Karisa, will you pledge yourself to the Imperial cause?" he asked.

"And you," he said, speaking to the Twi'lek woman. "Sanguine Nocturnal. Interesting choice for a name, but fitting. Arrested for illegal experimentation, a crime which would have resulted in your execution, though fortunately for you, your skills spared you from that unfortunate fate. As per article seventy-five of the year eight-hundred-and-sixty, subsection three, paragraph four, those which display considerable skill in a field of strategic importance to the Empire, may have their sentences commuted to service, instead, should they choose it over the death penalty. So, I will make you this offer. Join the Empire's ranks as an alchemist and repay your duty to society through service, or will you choose to be put on trial and crucified?"

"You could do important work, here. Help advance the cause of the Empire and push the limits of Sith alchemy and sorcery, or you could choose the other option."

dRUm20K.png

Objective 1A: Mingle with the aristocracy.
Equipment: Gildenweave Suit, Shadow Mask
Writing With: Ingrid L'lerim Ingrid L'lerim
Post Number IX
---

After a moment's hesitation, she answered - her position must be more secret still than he imagined, to provoke such doubt about even the simplest of questions. Somewhat like the Saaraishash's [REDACTED], perhaps? No matter, his power base was not involved with the Eternal Empire.

Chuckling softly at her response, he grinned beneath the living shadows. "It would be my pleasure... and I hope I won't disappoint you."

Faux humility, more often than not the only kind he could muster; his features were, after all, sculpted... literally.

Amusement only rising with her comment about the things that took place on fair Serenno - they had their vices, as did everyone - he shook his head, a flash of pristine teeth poking through the shadows. "Oh, I wouldn't be so sure - an incident involving a Hutt and a Sith Knight and years of studying the occult and the art of social interaction alike, mainly." Shadows shifting subtly, he continued. "Not all Sith titles are earned in the open."

The way in which she had gained her position would be just as, if not more, interesting, he was sure. Something told him she might not be overly eager to share, however - the earlier hesitation, yes, but also the simple fact that she worked in intelligence.

Good spies weren't exactly famous for their tendency to overshare.

Ingrid L’lerim
The Red Witch; Emperor's right hand; Director of Blackwatch; Baroness of Vengard
IoUibTu.png
Objective: Festivals: Noble Ball
Equipment: Dress/outfit | Mask
Tag: AMCO AMCO | Kainan Wolfe Kainan Wolfe | Open
dRUm20K.png

In fact, she really just had to put together everything she was doing in her time, and what all of this is not related to work, the result was disappointing for her. Even though she was a notorious workaholic. She really really had no time for anything but work. Because of the drink, he noticed late that she wasn't really hiding her thoughts and thus, any Force user could easily feel them. She was careless, or just carefree in the company of Adrian? She had to realize she couldn't really decide on this question.

It is embarrassing, especially that very few can achieve this with her. That is why she found Adrian even more interesting and attractive than before. Which is why she was glad that the other was still continuing the game between them. Another chuckle, she couldn't even count how many, but it was very pleasant to listen to. On that thought, she also smiled. After Adrian's words, Ingrid shook her head with a smile.

”No! Not at all! I'm starting to feel it, maybe not you are the only lucky person here tonight” she replied.

To her great sorrow she still could not see Adrian's face, she loved seeing the conversation partner’s face so she could read the mimics as well, but now she was forced to rely on body language. But it looked like Adrian was starting to feel even better or more satisfied. All of his reactions revealed this to Ingrid. She nodded with a smile at the answer.

”Mine was also an incident, or rather an accident. I lived my life without being Force sensitive. Maybe two years ago I went home to Nelvaan to visit my family. at the time I was just a CIS agent, I was a simple spy and assassin. Specializations in disguise, seduction, infiltration, assassination… The Emperor called me, and I received the rank of noble, that day when I became baroness. And there was an accident; I was in the wrong place at the wrong time. This accident awakened the Force sensitivity that was dormant in me. After this the Emperor accepted me as a disciple, later when I gained his trust I became the Emperor’s hand, and the director of Blackwatch. Maybe you find interesting the accident…”

She knew she had just stopped the story at the best part, and she withheld information perhaps most interesting to Adrian. But she hoped that by doing so she would maintain the man's interest. Then she placed his index finger on the man's mask, where his lips had to be behind the mask. Ingrid leaned even closer to the other so she could whisper in his ear, unless the other withdrew from her.

”Maybe one day I’ll tell the whole story” she whispered to Adrian’s ear.

wUV8259.png

nBtOGGm.gif

Karisa

Brask'ari'sabosen (retired)
IoUibTu.png

Attire: Dress, Shawl, Jewelry
Interacting with: Kainan Wolfe Kainan Wolfe , Sanguine Nocturnal Sanguine Nocturnal In-vicinity: Malicar Malicar
Karisa was sipping the dry champaign offered this evening, admiring some of the artwork in the great hall when someone cleared their throat from behind. She turned her dark head and set her glowing red gaze upon a young man in a uniform addressed. "Madame... " he said, canting his head in a respectful manner to the noblewoman. "His Imperial Majesty, the Eternal Emperor, would like a word with you. Now, if you would please, follow me."

Well, that didn't take long to be summoned, Ari mused silently, then the blue-skinned woman gave the Imperial officer a curt nod of understanding and proceeded to do as he asked.

As the two made their way through the crowd of patrons to where the Emperor was conducting his business of the night, Karisa placed the crystal flute in hand upon a passing waiter's tray and steeled herself for the introductory meeting ahead with the esteemed head of state of the Eternal Empire.

When called to come forth, the Chiss noblewoman did so with dignity and grace, bowing her head deeply before him. "Your Imperial Majesty," she voiced in perfect Galactic Basic, then awaited for the Emperor to speak. There was another being there also, a Lethan Twi'lek, who seemingly had been summoned as well.

When the Emperor address her in particular, Karisa was stunned he knew so many details of her past. Well, not totally stunned per se as she was sure Intelligence had done their due diligence on all the guests present especially ones that were new to His Imperial Majesty's court like her. But nonetheless, the Chiss kept her face neutral as some of the facts presented were indeed painful memories. But the struggle made one stronger, and Brask'ari'sabosen was nothing but resilient.

An offer of her own barony was something one did not turn down, nor would she. It would allow the Chiss to start anew and the planet of Verkuyl with its known medicinal exports would indeed fit in her wheelhouse for a lack of a better word. Perhaps House Sabosen in her late father's light could be rebuilt there as well...

"I am humbled and most honored for your generosity, my Lord." Karisa bowed her head once again, then added with sincerity of character. "I accept your gracious offer and pledge my fealty to you and the Imperial cause of the Eternal Empire," she answered, bringing her right fist up to her ample chest over her heart in a symbolic show of patriotism.

Last edited:
She didn't even change the expression on her red face, that was taken by a lull expression of someone who did not listened to something new. Almost everywhere she went it was always the same thing they said to her when they arrested her, 'What you did is a crime, but if you want we can let it go if you work for us', they always said the same thing , at least those governments looking for more than they had at the moment, she had met many others who had prepared their executions instead of trying to listen to twi'lek. The Eternal Empire was a true force to be reckoned in that part of the galaxy, a power that made its fame by crushing other planets and implementing its government above all others, they sure should be work for her, a lot of work and maybe the proper facilities she deserved.

The Twi’lek watched in silence all the conversation that Chiss beside her had with the man with platinum hair and yellow eyes, like hers. They seemed to talk about something until the man offered her a title of nobility, as well as some perks full of those shenanigans that a noble life on an Empire had and when it came to her, the lethan woman smiled and nodded in almost a polite gesture, while her lekku moved calmly on her back ..

"No.", it was all she said for a moment, a very long moment. “I own nothing to society except a few credits on taxes, I'm a brilliant mind that seeks the right to pursue her work and therefore make the greatest achievements that this galaxy has ever seen… but, if you give me a huge laboratory somewhere underground and a lot of templates, A LOT… also a lot of slaves, or servants and a bit of freedom from this very uncomfortable shackles, I can make this work. ”

Not a decent thing passed through her head, she was most likely insane, but she hid that very well. Long silences, loud, high-pitched laughter, weird, random comments about things that went through her mind, that was a good way to describe what she was like. Sanguine tried to slowly move his wrists and swing the hard handcuffs, leaving the metal to scratch with metal and make that annoying sound as she shook her head from side to side murmuring something unintelligible, the indicator tried to move with her hand down, as if she were taking mental notes about what she should and shouldn't do.

IoUibTu.png

dRUm20K.png

Attire: Uniform | Sword
Attn: Vyra Silara Vyra Silara || AMCO AMCO || Ingrid L'lerim Ingrid L'lerim Interacting With: Karisa Karisa || Sanguine Nocturnal Sanguine Nocturnal

The Emperor nodded to the Chiss woman. "Thank you, Baroness. On behalf of the nation, I bid you welcome to the Eternal Empire. <May your path of service to the nation be long and filled with accomplishments,>" he said, the latter a former Kalidani greeting spoken in the harsh, precise-sounding High Nelvaanian language.

The Sith Lord's eyes then turned to the Lethan Twi'lek, as he regarded her with an unreadable expression on his face. Suddenly, the temperature in the room dropped by ten degrees, so suddenly that a sudden gust of wind whooshed through the windows, as if the remaining warmth sought to escape the touch of the Darkside. Power churned within the Emperor's veins, vast, dark power, but there was no fury there, none of the typical Sith fire in his veins, only the otherworldly cold breath of death, calculated and controlled with precision and discipline. This was not an outburst of anger, but a calculated, intentional display of power.

"Such entitlement..." he said, his voice barely more than a whisper. "I once had to deal with another prisoner as haughty and defiant as you," he spoke of NPC Treasury NPC Treasury Arenais, once a thorn in his side. "I had her family thrown into a vat of molten gold," the Sith Lord said in a dispassionate, matter-of-fact way, as if he spoke of a broken speeder being thrown into the scrap heap. Well, not exactly her family, but that was not the point.

"Slavery makes a nation's upper class fat, lazy and weak and the lower class unimaginative, unambitious and useless, therefore it runs counter to the Empire's best interests and as such, it is banned, alongside all other things which weaken the nation. You will have a well-equipped lab to enable you to do your job well and a set of personal quarters adequate to your biological needs. You will have droids and lab attendants, the latter of which you will treat with the respect that is due to employees of the state."

"You have committed crimes against the Empire, therefore you owe society a debt. One which you will repay, one way or another. Your Force sensitivity does not entitle you to any special treatment, girl, this is not the Sith Empire, here no one is above the law. The next time you demand to be given luxuries, I will have you tortured. If you want comforts, you will have to purchase them out of your salary. Here in the Eternal Empire, no one is entitled to anything. Everything has to be earned."

dRUm20K.png

Last edited:
Wanderer Lost, Wanderer Found
IoUibTu.png

The human asked about how he knew her. With a snap and a grin, Malicar responded, “The galaxy is smaller than you may think. My company has business across the Eternal Empire. If you are a handmaiden for the Queen, then I am quite sure it would have been one of the Empire’s more glitzy affairs. I do try to make those—free wine and delightful delicacies. I am quite sure you must have attended the Queen at one of those sometimes drull but intriguing affairs.”

A slight grin crossed his handsome face as the message indicated that Karisa had arrived at the Noble Ball. Looking back up, he said frankly, “If you wish to catch up with Dr. Bastiel, I will not keep you. You were a familiar face and I wished to meet you. Mission accomplished, yes?”

"No, no, it's all right. She'll be back in a few minutes, she left her drink here. Don't let me chase you off."

Na'an waved at the Chiss, gesturing back towards the seat. If he was important enough to have identified her on sight, he was important enough that she couldn't afford to leave a negative impression. She sat back, smoothing the pink linen of her jacket and letting only a little embarrassment color the smile she matched with his.

She wasn't the best liar, but the last few months had taught her that no one on Kalidan bothered as long as she filtered it through a bit of truth.

"Now it's me who should apologize," she said easily, now leaning forward to put her elbows on the table. "I'm not always the most...sociable creature, and the last few campaigns have done a number on me lately. It's a lot to deal with, I'm sure you know. Add that in with someone of your station surprising me during shore leave, and, well--"

IoUibTu.png

Had they been alone, Leigh might have teased her human about being such a glutton. As it was, she merely nodded smoothly and rose, clearing the cup as the model of droidlike efficiency. "The lines today are long," she said in a monotone. "I anticipate my return in ten to fifteen minutes."

She then made her own retreat before Na'an could pin her down with a look of horror, making her way towards the corner where she had found the vendor. As she passed a nearby receptacle, she dumped the half-full cup, hardly taking notice of the action. Adelle Bastiel had said she would be searching for the vendor as well, and sure enough, the Healer was already waiting in line between two couples. Rather than taking her place in line, she waved at Adelle and made to join her. One of the benefits of droidhood was that such tiny rudenesses went unregarded.
"My master has requested another helping for herself and her guest," she said by way of greeting. "I regret not anticipating her appetite, given her current rate of exhaustion. She does always get hungry after a campaign, and after so many..."

One of the couples cast a curious look their way at the word 'campaign'. Yet another positive sign that the news on Lanteeb wasn't as complete as the Empire wanted them to believe.

The sound that escaped Adelle's lips was somewhere between a sigh and a growl. She leaned a shoulder against Leigh, as if leaning casually against a piece of furniture instead of a very complex AI. No one around them would really know the difference, Adelle supposed.

"Be nice if we actually got a bit of shore leave," she said, as if to no one in particular. "Seems like we're always jumping from planet to planet, putting down protests or schmoozing over the government with thinly veiled fangs."

Maybe she should stir the pot a little, see what kind of resentment or fighting spirit lived in Cattamascar.

"Not that this planet needed that much schmoozing. Hells, I think a single Imperial flag would've made them bend the knee."

LE-03 (Leigh) LE-03 (Leigh)

cxXK1ft.png

Malicar settled back in the chair looking over at Vidalu, watching her, searching for a hint of any insincerity. Seeing there was at least a modicum of sincerity, he scooped up the glass of wine and listened. It was a relaxing environment in the grand scheme of things: jovial people across the town celebrating, music carrying its tune across the streets, the smell of freshly cooked food—any indication of the planet being conquered was lost to the celebration.

The Chiss listened to Vidalu, noticing the change in her body language to one on edge to one a bit more relaxed. With a grin, the shipping tycoon waved it off, “Apologies are completely unnecessary, my new friend of the evening. This galaxy has been just one big war in the last decade. It really doesn’t matter who or what you are, the conflict seems to always find you--usually the unwilling are drawn in more than we care to talk about. So yes, I completely understand how such things can wear on you.”

Vidalu spoke of someone of his station, Malicar chuckled, taking another sip of his bulb-shaped wine glass, “My station? Oh, whatever noble blood I have running through my veins means nothing anywhere much anymore. 'Entrepreneur' is the only station I wear and these clothes are simply to look the part for the more…’formal’ of my clients.”

It was clear the Chiss was in his element, taking in the sights, chatting with others, sipping on a glass of wine. But the former Jedi could tell that his glowing red eyes were taking in every little detail of his surroundings. His casual glances to the sides and corners were trained, methodical, and discerning. In short, it was clear that this was his version of relaxing, which meant despite his nonchalant demeanor, there was certainly more there.

With another wave of his hand, he looked across at Vidalu, “Enough about me. What about you? Obviously, you should take more time for yourself if the affairs of your job weigh on you. As such…”

The logistics mogul raised his glass and quipped, “I am proud that you decided to take that time for yourself now. You can certainly dispense with formalities and nuances of etiquette here.”

Taking a sip after the toast, he continued, “How did you come to be a handmaiden?”

cxXK1ft.png

Last edited:
Objective 1A: Mingle with the aristocracy.
Equipment: Gildenweave Suit, Shadow Mask
Writing With: Ingrid L'lerim Ingrid L'lerim
Post Number X
---

Amused with the vigour of her response, even if he was hardly suffering from a lacking self-image in any sense of the word, Adrian's smile widened beneath the swirling shadows, a reply following soon after. "Oh? Who's to say I'm not positively hideous under here?"

Quite content to leave it at that, he listened with interest as a rough picture of the redhead's past was painted - and quite the story it was.

Mildly surprised by her reaching through his intangible mask, he nonetheless made no move to complain even as she whispered her short message into his ear. "I think I would like that - your story and your company alike."

Raising his voice to a more conversational sound level, if still decidedly between the two of them, he continued. "It certainly is an interesting one; spy turned baroness turned Force User. The latter is rare enough, but to have gained your abilities by accident? My lady, you really are something!"

She had already been on a list - albeit a rather long list - of people important or interesting enough for him to roughly familiarise himself with, but after today? He would certainly be keeping an eye open for her and her activities until next they met.

Ingrid L’lerim
The Red Witch; Emperor's right hand; Director of Blackwatch; Baroness of Vengard
IoUibTu.png
Objective: Festivals: Noble Ball
Equipment: Dress/outfit | Mask
Tag: AMCO AMCO | Kainan Wolfe Kainan Wolfe | Open
dRUm20K.png

She laughed softly at the answer again; she really didn't even remember much when she had the last time having so much fun. Certainly not at the royal wedding, before that, she really did not remember and Ingrid had a very good memory. But now it really didn't matter. From Adrian's reactions, vibrations, body language she saw that the Dark Counselor still enjoys the conversation. Well, Ingrid couldn't really have wished for more than that. That's why she tried a little, with her next question "paddle" in more dangerous waters.

”If I may ask my Lord. What did you first expect about the evening? And how has that changed by now?” she asked with a disarming and irresistible look and smile.

She was very interested in where they were going, it was undeniable that chemistry worked great and there was also mutual attraction between them. It would have been a pity to deny it, so the question really was just how it would end or just what is going to start this evening. At least that's what she thought of the other's actions. Then of course he can be the other master manipulator and just play himself. Ingrid also gave this opportunity a small chance, even if she was reluctant to do so.

Ingrid was surprised for a moment that the man's mask was so ethereal, she didn’t expect this. She just wanted to achieve with the gesture that Adrian would not interrupt her, until she finished what she wanted. Although she did so one way or another. Adrian’s response filled her with pleasant satisfaction. Ingrid didn't suffer from a lack of self-confidence either, so at least she waited for that answer.

”The feeling could not be more mutual my Lord!” she whispered.

She almost purred the words "my Lord.", she continued to taste Adrian. After this Ingrid retreated to the normal dance distance. Oh and if you even knew what an accident it was, she thought. But she did not let this distract her now, or her thoughts.

”It is flattering to hear this from someone like you my Lord! But the best that follows is that I may get to know you.” at the end she even winked briefly at the other. ”But I know my limits. I am not capable of anything special but to return from death, to possess a new body, like mine or your Emperor. Even if I couldn’t impress you with the Force, in other areas or other things I certainly know yes.” she added to the end mysteriously.

wUV8259.png

nBtOGGm.gif

With another wave of his hand, he looked across at Vidalu, “Enough about me. What about you? Obviously, you should take more time for yourself if the affairs of your job weigh on you. As such…”

The logistics mogul raised his glass and quipped, “I am proud that you decided to take that time for yourself now. You can certainly dispense with formalities and nuances of etiquette here.”

Taking a sip after the toast, he continued, “How did you come to be a handmaiden?”

Na'an stilled momentarily. This was...probably the first time since coming to Kalidan that someone had bothered to ask such a question, and it suddenly occurred to her that there wasn't much of an answer to be had. She coughed into her hand, a small embarrassed noise that masked the larger humiliation underneath.
"To be honest, 'handmaiden' is probably a bit of an exaggeration," she said with a chuckle. "What I do for the Empress doesn't have much of a title, so it's good shorthand most of the time, but really, look at me." She made a vague gesture at herself, waving off-handedly at the eyepatch that seemed to attract the Chiss' attention. She didn't blame him for it--for most people the eyepatch was the first and only thing they saw, and she'd taken advantage of such shallow focus before. "I don't exactly fit the aesthetic she prefers, so I only really get called into official duty when there's more risk than need to look pretty. Rest of the time I fill in the gaps in my income with...I guess you'd call it contract work? Bakura, Bursoll, Endor, you name it. Hence the stress."

The words came so much more easily when they were mostly true...but it didn't make them any less pathetic. At least pathetic was better than suspicious. Na'an's hands dropped back to the table; she looked at the way her thumbs interlaced, the scar on the bottom one only just barely visible.

"Still. Better than being dead, I guess. And this way I maybe can do some good."

cxXK1ft.png

Taking another sip of his wine as he listened to the human in front of him, Malicar nodded as she explained what she did for the Empress and what the “limitations” were. With a subtle dismissing gesture of his hand, he replied, “I am looking at you, Vidalu. Your scars and eyepatch cannot mask your attractiveness. Humans have a very strange standard of what is considered ‘beautiful’ at times. What some of your species may consider ‘repulsive’, others of other species will not be phased by such physical differences. While I am intrigued by what I see, it in no way provides any sort of definition for you, Ms. Vidalu Na’an.”

His words were matter of fact and did not seem to carry any sort of ulterior motive. Looking over as a gaggle of humans and a pair of unidentifiable aliens laughed and drank as they went by, it tugged a smirk from his handsome face. His easy smile fit the mood of the town center. It was relaxing in the grand scheme of things. Malicar quite enjoyed taking a break from politics, profit margins, and tying off ‘loose ends’. ‘People watching’ was always fun when in a square such as the one they were in. The different aliens, celebrating in their own unique ways sometimes aligned with other species, which made for potential interactions. The dichotomy of its progression fascinated the Chiss.

Looking back at the human, he inquired, “So you serve as personal protection for the Empress, when needed and during the times when the Empress deems you can ‘be seen’. During your downtime, you do contract work. I am quite familiar with the world of contracting, even today with my company. Do you enjoy this work? Do you follow the call of mercenary work…or something else?”

cxXK1ft.png

Last edited:
IoUibTu.png

At the sound of her full name, Na'an went very...

very...

still.

Rather than looking up at the locals milling about as the Chiss did, her gaze remained steadily on her interlaced fingers on the table. The ridge of the scar on her thump was barely visible after years of healing, only identifiable by where it interrupted the natural flow of the fingerprint. She followed the whorl of said fingerprint with a half-lidded eye as she spoke, keeping her voice surprisingly light. "I don't see it as a matter of feeling the call," she said slowly, "So much as doing what's set before you. When you don't have many choices, you do the best you can with what little you're given.

Although now I'm wondering why you're so interested in knowing."

Objective: 1B
Tags: Taozi Fuyuan Taozi Fuyuan
Attire: Suit (in image), Partial Temperature regulator (hidden under suit, chest)

" "The people of Lanteeb have a beautiful world, one that the Empire does not deserve... But maybe, just maybe, the beauty of this planet will help to heal their broken hearts and minds... Pink is the color of hope, after all." "

Sterling sat quietly a bit, listening to his mentor attentively, processing each word carefully and making sure he himself was following along. She was careful not to use any idioms, which he was grateful of considering the differences between them both, save of course a vague idea on color theory. Something so abstract in nature he at least wasn't confusing it for something literal. His tail hung far down below them, swaying in the light wind as though it was in fact a part of the tree, and his eyes were locked on the crowds bustling about. She was right of course, from his understanding these people were only joining so quietly to preserve their world. The health of the planet-tribe was important to them, and they acted to secure it.

Of course to him it was odd to hear her say such thoughts aloud, she was not usually one to express such thoughts so freely. He was more accustomed to her being at least, somewhat reserved. "May-Bee. If let it, cannot heal what does not want to. Cannot fix all problems." Of course he kept his face calm as he spoke, though in his mind the thoughts behind the words played out. Blood, sand, the tearing of scales and flesh. The life dimming in one's eyes as they stare up at the sky...

"Pink is, good color. Soft, warm. Pre-Tea... I like. I like much."

// OBJECTIVE: Don't get killed. //
// Sterling Kinslayer Sterling Kinslayer , Vidalu Na'an Vidalu Na'an , Malicar Malicar . AMCO AMCO , Ingrid L'lerim Ingrid L'lerim , Kainan Wolfe Kainan Wolfe //

What was the thing her master once said? Deception is the key of being a Sith. She was deep on character now, so deep that she probably would not have any idea about who she really was, the mad scientist, the delusional alchemist, that was a fun person to be and when you were alone in the galaxy, you surely could use a purpose or even a hobby. Her eyes were not meeting that of the male with the white hair, her glowing golden orbs were scanning the room, she looking the art on the wall and the beautiful furniture's that gave such 'royal' appearance to that chamber, her head was thinking how good it was to be have so many nice things. One painting caught her attention, a piece of art she saw somewhere in a trip on Verkuyl, she remembered the owner, he was a nice guy when he wasn’t screaming for his life.

“You know, I once eat the liver of the guy that painted that.”, She commented lightly, raising both hands in the direction of the painting. It was the thought of being shoved into molten gold that almost made her shiver, forcing her to smile at herself as her fingers moved again and made small mental notes. ‘Golden gamorreans’, she noted to herself, ‘If I improve the specimen from a young age I may be able to achieve the desired texture, but I will need a lot of little pigs.’

"Wait, what was that dear?", She asked immediately, her eyes jumping back to the man in front of him when he commented on buying something on her own, she didn't even remember to buy her own food. “I don't think I'm special for using the force, no, no, no... I ain't no arrogant, also for your information, I once met a zeltron girl that was way smarter than me with alchemy and stuff and she didn't even knew how to use the Force, I accidentally killed her, but anyway… ”, she shook her head from side to side dropping the subject. “I don’t want luxuries, I just want the shackles off. Well, maybe four meals a day as well, but I can go with three, yeah, definitely three. Can I chose my staff? I'm very picky with who I work with, like this time I had to get rid of all the Sarkan guys my assistant recommend, was a mess at the lab especially with all the blood and guts.”, Her eyes widened when she talked about them that way, turning to the person next to her. "What is his name again?"

She fell silent almost immediately, raising both hands and removing a piece of paper from the neckline of her breasts, opening it and placing a gum inside her mouth.

“I'm sorry, when I get nervous I eat. It is a condition.”, She started chewing the gum in silence, her eyes slowly drifting to the beyond again, when she turned to the side of her body that was completely empty. “I will ask him, calm down.”, Speaking to absolutely no one. “Hey, what about my former creations? Are they still alive? Because If not, I would like to ask the guy who killed the fire demon a few things and you should definetly tell your soldiers not to open the small vault, unless you want everything on the planet to burst in blood and piss and die. Also… ”, she giggled,“I don’t fear torture, being there, done that, loved that ... but if you want, I can give you a lapdance.”

She stopped talking and smiled, showing her big white teeth.

“I take your offer most kindly, oh great pale one.”

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom