Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

When a thousand souls descend upon you.

Objective: Discover what is going on.
Allies: [member="Cecilia Wissen"],
Nearby: [member="Vi Grir"], [member="Kurenai Yumi"], [member="Kyrel Ren"],
Gear: Sword, Dagger, Gun, Armor,

Riding upon the speeders to our destination, We followed the path of darkness that would only grow stronger. I have felt power like this before. I have been around beings who left off signatures that were made of pure malice and destruction. I have been around artifacts and creatures that were created from Sith for the specific reason to create and instill fear into the hearts of men. Yet I still stood. However, Cecilia had not been around this. This was a new feeling to her. For her, I worried that she could become dark from it. While I aided to protect her from the darkest of thoughts that could take place, she was still young.

I could feel many signatures near by. All were wanting to converge upon one point. As such, our speeders would help should we need to close the gap in faster. However, mine was more so I didn't have to expend energy. Even then, Cecilia pointed out the sounds of cheering. or otherwise large gathering. Nodding my head to her.

"I can feel the force there. However, I can also not sense any more than one life sign. We are likely going to face beings who are immune or resistant to the force. Be mindful of this when fighting them, or others. Make sure you use your sense more often."

Taking the turn, we went into the direction of the place. Coming over the top of a ridge. I pulled to a stop and hopped off of the speeder for a moment. Walking a few paces to the edge to overlook what was happening. Below, was one person. From what I could see and feel was a Sith Acolyte. Not all powerful in the force, but potential. I hated this. I might expose myself. To be fair though, this was a free for all.

However, what got me hating this sight, was that of the Vong. Creatures that were abominations and thrived on pain in such a way. Yes, Sith used their pain to fuel their powers, and even Jedi used theirs to bring themselves into a balance, however the vong thrived on it from their gods. Nick, my surrogate father, had also thrived on pain in the same way. Using their technology to create monstrosities. I just shook my head.

"Now, we wait. Let whoever is down there grab the relic, or set off any traps we may have. Otherwise, keep your mind open for those who close in. We don't want any surprises. While I do feel two powerful but dark entities close to us, be mindful they will not be our allies. At best, they are a means to an end."

Folding my arms, I then waited.

[member="Darth Ophidia"]

Cerbera tilted her head.

It always looked like a mantis was just underneath the skin. Eyes dead, clinical, as if she could go from drinking tea to biting your head off within the span of a single second without skipping a beat. Not that she would, unless there was some practical reason behind it. There were far more interesting ways to kill someone as far as Cerbera was concerned.

"I do, darling." Out came the vial.

Since the time she had made it until now... the crimson color had deepened, there was acidic emerald swirling inside of it too. "I made some minor adjustments. A bit raw and dirty sadly, since I don't have a lab here, but."

Delicate shrug of the shoulders, before the Sith Alchemist flung the flask into the group of Vong.

It shattered.

Nothing happened at first- they were invisible and the Yuuzhan Vong looked about, before the liquid spread through the air.

A beat.

Then: their raging screams as they started tearing into one another. "Mm. I got inspired by Sith Poison for that."

[member="Cerbera"]

She watched intently as Cerbera produced the vial and threw it into the midst.

The resulting carnage was spectacular. Body parts flew hither and tither, sprays of blood, screams of pain. It was a most vivacious view of viscera if ever she saw one. Impressive, as usual, and informative.

"Inspired indeed."

She saw one of the platoon run, its arm torn from the socket, heading up the hill where she had plotted their course. Was it signalling others or rushing for the final event?

"But as fun as it is to slaughter unwitting Yuuzhan Vong with biological weaponry," "We have artefacts to uncover, and I believe the Vong know where the items are."

She was gesturing to the one running away, then realised that it was not something one would see. Then again Cerbera had many abilities she only barely knew, perhaps she could indeed see.

"If that one doesn't know, then he knows someone who does."

[member="Darth Ophidia"]

Cerbera couldn't strictly speaking see Ophidia.

But she could feel the wind shifting just an inch at the gesture made and that was enough for her. "Indeed. While I'd enjoy watching just a bit longer, I have come here to assist you, darling." Cerbera sighed and left the howling mess of Yuuzhan Vong behind them. In truth she had done them a favor. They loved the violence, the pain, it was deeply ingrained within them.

All that the alchemist had done was unlock it, rip it open, until they'd give in rather than restrict themselves for unnecessary reasons.

They continued the path, the bloody marks of one of the Vong trailing before them, it was as good a map as any. "I could just make you a saber like this, you know." She said conversationally while they walked.

In truth the Alchemist had never understood the fascination some held for ancient relics of the past.

Rave had shown her that while there was wisdom in history, there was also foolishness to try and chase it. It was much more gratifying to try and create your own greatness instead. Not that Cerbera judged Ophidia, no, far from it. It was simply another enigma that made her interesting to her. Once they passed the second hill it became clear where the Vong was running to.

An encampment.

It surrounded a large egg-like thing pulsing with... life? Mm. "I wonder if I could have one of those." Cerbera murmured softly while they studied what seemed to be one of the Great War Camps of these Yuuzhan Vong.

[member="Cerbera"]

Most ancient artefacts were simply not worth it. Some were far too old. Some, she could make much better herself. However, she had tried to make the Soulsaber's like, but not achieved the same level of greatness. If not to wield it, she hunted it to study it (and probably wield it). She knew it had power, she had seen it, she could feel it. It had power, and that power would be hers.

She brooded on this.

But when Cerbera mentioned the possibility of recreating the Soulsaber, Ophidia had to smile.

"I tried it once." She let a hand run across one of the two sabres at her side. "Not a perfect success, nor quite a failure"

There was some practicality to their shortcomings though.

"And even if we could make a new one, this one could fall into the hands of my enemies." "I would rather seize control of this kind of power than leave it lingering if I can help it."

She looked up at the encampment, her eyes narrowing under the cloak of shadows.

"I'm not sure it can fit on the ship." "We would have to steal a bigger one, in that case."

She headed to skirt around the war-camps, seeking to bypass as much as possible, however, she had a sinking feeling that what she sought was right in the middle.

Objective: Investigate
Location Upper atmohere
Allies: (Possible [member="Cecilia Wissen"] Nearby [member="Ignis Imura"] [member="Cedric Grayson"])
Enemies:[member="Kyrel Ren"] (possible Nearby [member="Vi Grir"] [member="Czernon Zambrano"] [member="Darth Ophidia"])

The beacon of darkness was only getting stronger as Kurenai kept proceeding along her path, utilizing all her knowledge on force speed to propel herself forward at a rather alarming rate, her vampiric heritage and stamina making the woman lose almost no energy. Still it was not fast enough and despite having inhuman stamina such a trip would wind ever her of breath and thus combat capability. Combined with the fact the darkness seemed to consume all pin pointing the exact location of this dark aura was going to be hard, she needed more direction, a more precises point to direct her search.... something... a noise.... not natural.

Kurenai quickly turned her head, a quizzical look on her face as what seemed to be the sound of a speeder echoed in the distance, not to close but not far away, what was more this speeder seemed to be emanating a force signature. She was only just now sensing it, the darkness of the world blotting out many things. This though was a lucky break, as if said person was force sensitive no doubt they were draw to the pull of this shrouded energy, for better or for worse Kurenai would follow, once again breaking into a quick sprint.

Coming closer her yellow gaze rested upon a man, arms crossed overlooking a village, the source of this current pull of darkness, almost like it wanted everyone in the galaxy to come here. Coming to a gradual stop the ancient energy vampire slowly wandered behind the grey force user, keeping a careful eye on him each step of the way, most likely himself sensing the new female individual. "Why do you sit here observing ground zero of this dark energy? or are you perhaps waiting to see who comes and fights over whatever may be below"?

[member="Darth Ophidia"]

"Homicide, biological warfare, theft of religious goods, blasphemy... I suppose grand theft auto can be added to that." Her eyes had grown shiny at the sight of that beautiful pulsating egg in the air. Cerbera wanted it and considering there wasn't much else here for her? The alchemist would be damned, if they missed an opportunity to snatch one of them on their way out.

She could feel it though.

That tugging sensation at the edge of her essence, scratching, snatching, it was hungry and had been waiting for quite some time. The closer they approached that war camp the deeper the feeling got. Ophidia and her exchanged a glance and they agreed silently.

The soulsaber was here and it was deep within that encampment. "Mm, there is a checkpoint up ahead." Cerbera pointed out calmly, there wasn't anyone going in and out of it now. But it was open...ish, outside of guards already posted. "Sneak past them and find the center?" There wasn't really much more to do here, besides slaughtering their way in.

Cerbera was many things.

But suicidal wasn't one of them.

[member="Cerbera"]

A smirk spread over Ophidia's lips as Cerbera listed their crimes "Honestly, I think we can do more." "Jaywalking perhaps."

Jesting momentarily aside, she gave a serious glance to the outer perimeter they were skirting. She had her brushes with death, quite a few of them to be honest, but there were things she still wanted to accomplish. Besides, even she didn't want to be murdered by a filthy Vong guard.

"Seems the only way. Anything else will alert the camp."

She patted the pouches on her tsariquira, feeling the baffor pollen and the homemade spark-bee honey firebombs.

"Wait." "Look"

She pointed to a group of Yuuzhan Vong coming from the Nortt-East, intersecting on their path. With them, they had voxyns on leashes, sniffing the grounds. If they went before them, they could be sniffed out. Go after, then maybe they could sneak past.

"Let them pass, then we go. Let them cover us."

She started to move to ensure they would be close and downwind from the voxyns.

• Nearby: [member="Ignis Imura"] [member="Kurenai Yumi"] [member="Vi Grir"]
Allies: Ignis Imura
Enemies: None currently

Cecilia recognized the species below. She had looked at holograms of them and descriptions of them and their activities in her studies. These were Yuuzhan Vong, the species responsible for the destruction of Aurum and many other planets. She had heard that Force abilities had no effect on them. As confirmation, she tried to stop the movement of one of the Vong as it walked. She knew the second she attempted that it would not work. When she reached out towards the leg to manipulate it, there was seemingly nothing there. The Force could not touch these aliens. Or, more accurately, from what she had heard, it refused to.

She and Ignis watched the Vong patrol below talking with the darksider girl. Then one of them walked up to her, and showed her something. Apparently she said something which the Vong did not like, because it immediately started attacking her. After it destroyed two of the droids with her, the girl finally got smart and started running away. Cecilia desperately wanted to help the girl. She was clearly even weaker than Cecilia, and presumably didn't posses a lightsaber. But that would have meant exposing their position, and by engaging 12 Vong by herself, she would be throwing Ignis into a conflict without conversing with him first. Once again, she couldn't do anything. Frustrated with herself, she got up to walk over to Ignis. Now they would decide what to do next.

As she was getting up from the depression that she was laying in, she heard a voice from over where Ignis was, a voice that was not his. She ran over. He had turned to face a young girl who had somehow managed to sneak up behind him. Cecilia silently cursed. Differentiating auras from Ignis's when his was so strong and he was so close was still very hard to do. Cecilia put her hands under her cloak and behind her back, discretely placing her right on one of the sabers concealed there. "Who might you be?" She asked the girl in a tone that she wasn't planning on killing the woman. At least not currently. Though even if Cecilia did want to kill her, she would not be able to. The newcomer seemed strong.

Moving towards the goal...

Step by step, breath by breath, there he stood on the edge of a cliff with no direction to go but down. He felt winded, no clear thought in his head, but a deep seeded greed that kept his gaze planted forward. There was so little that he cared for, but every attempt he made to turn away from his unconsented goal resulted in a striking pain; one that filled his mind with overlapping chants and almost-gregorian chants.

Tumora.

Tnoi an ri hana.

Naiti raria askar.

Katsoshi, ao drarina.

Oi tash dras.

Niyikada awuzi, niyikada nutki.

There would be no rest, no sleep. What moved him was something beyond the normal, forever pressured forward with no regard to the cry in his muscles, no regard to the boy who wanted to sleep. He had lost himself in his seeking of freedom, in power; and today he would lose even more.

Behind him stood the smoldering embers of a long dead crew and crashed ship; one that would no doubt signal the Legion Yun'Do of his position. In its wreckage was the results of nearly a week of force manipulation ending in a murderous spree ending in nothing but an atmospheric crash onto a planet covered in nothing but death. There was only a matter of time before he was be ankle deep in gore; but for now he would walk.

Step by step, breath by breath, he would lose more by the hour as his path took him forward.

Nearby: [member="Cecilia Wissen"], [member="Vi Grir"], [member="Kurenai Yumi"], [member="Kyrel Ren"], [member="Ignis Imura"]

Objective: Discover what is going on.
Allies:[member="Cecilia Wissen"],
Nearby: [member="Vi Grir"], [member="Kurenai Yumi"], [member="Kyrel Ren"], [member="Darth Ophidia"], [member="Cerbera"],
Gear: Sword, Dagger, Gun, Armor,

Standing there as I watched this person begin to get into a tussle with the Vong, I could only shake my head. The child went in alone. No backup, and expected only trickery to keep her safe. Anyone should know that trickery needs to have a motive, with strength behind it. You have to be willing to throw down at a moments notice when your plans don't work. It seemed this being would be learning this lesson the very hard way. There was one thing. Noises came from behind to my left. I didn't turn, but Cecilia did. She answered the woman who spoke. Asking why I stood here. I simply pointed to the reaction of the Vong.

"Weed out those who seek the darkness, but are unable to control it."

​Turning to her, She seemed like a smart individual. One that could potentially be an ally in this if the price was right. She seemed familiar. I had done only a couple missions with other factions. She clearly was not Sith. Then it had to only be the Confederacy that she was from. I smiled very slightly.

"Would Metus be upset if he knew you were going after this relic?"

However, there was something strange. The distance we were from was far enough away that the patrols wouldn't be able to get us at the moment. Maybe a Keen eye could catch us. But otherwise we were alone. Yet, despite the lack of the force in the area, other than the child I could feel, I did feel one very small presence. Not a person. No. Way to small and weak to be one. More like an artifact. A Sith relic or an item imbued or created through alchemy. Having been around my own fathers sword, armor, and dragon for various times, I knew the feeling and the presence of artifacts. Someone was down there. Someone else was looking for this relic.

"You have some rifles and higher tech for your armor correct? Do you happen to have something with thermal scans? I believe there are more people here than what we clearly see."

I used my own eyes and sensory within the force to follow this relics signature. It was very faint against the darkness that was the ground zero as the woman so put. However, the frequency of this artifact was different than what was causing the massive one. Much like looking into a lake with a ton of green fish, then seeing one orange fish. It was different, and didn't belong. There was only one prick of this frequency change in the force. It could only be one person who was very adept at stealth, or it could be a group of people with one or two that held items of great value on their own. One could never be too sure in this kind of situation.

"There are a few patrols. Try and see if there is anything more to them, or if people are using some form of stealth to get by."

ʜᴄ sᴠɴᴛ ᴅʀᴀᴄᴏɴᴇs
An interesting thing worth noting about Czernon Zambrano's bad leg - it was not due to any particular break or fault, but rather a congenital nervous defect. This means two things: first, a cybernetic would function, absent comprehensive brain and spinal surgery (an option seriously considered by his sociopathic family, but never undertaken for fear of damaging the delicate seer's mind and losing access to a direct line to the future that might one day be theirs to treasure), work just as poorly as the original. Secondly, the normal method of enhancing one's body was... a poor fit. The energies flowed poorly through the twisted limb, and an attempt to Enhance always entailed ultimately giving more than what was received back. So instead, if Czernon wants to put weight on it, he has to brace the extremity with telekinetic Force, the precise sort of balancing act that one wishes to not have to do while fleeing savage marauders.

"Damn... ah, ah, damn it!" The youth gasped, stumbling, right foot over left foot, wiping a smear of blood from his cheek. He had expected a simple Mind Trick to work perfectly on the rank and file he had caught alone, but instead he had nearly been gutted. It had been like the act of lifting a neuranium boulder just to fling the creature over a cliff before it could finish what it had started. He pressed his palm to his side where a sticky, red stain had begun to spread, sparing a brief moment's concentration. Lightning flared for a split second, and a flash of icy blue, and the bleeding was replaced by curling smoke and charred skin.

It was enough to merit swearing again. "Damn it!" Making a deadly mistake, he looked over his shoulder to see if anyone was behind him. He had a fair bit of distance, and some had broken off, but a few seemed in dedicated pursuit. He had the advantage of a head-start, but these... Yuuzhan Vong? They were gaining.

No wonder he had been caught off-guard. He had seen the other dangers enveloping this artifact in the Force clearly, but these blighted creatures were in his mental blind spot. In addition, due to his style of fighting, he was at a sharp disadvantage against them. And even now, more and more disciples of darkness streamed in...

Then, his subtler senses briefly overloaded.

Revelation's Trumpet has sounded. The words, meaningless to him, come unbidden. A coil of smoke catches his eyes on the horizon. He steels himself, and knows what he must do. Bracing himself with pain and invisible bands of Force, he raises his cane and begins to run, his bad leg jolting and bruising under the clumsy manipulation.

[member="Ignis Imura"] | [member="Vi Grir"] | [member="Kurenai Yumi"] | [member="Kyrel Ren"] | [member="Cerbera"] | [member="Darth Ophidia"] |[member="The Slave"]

The Slave stood on the cliff with no thought of his own, and no dream he could envision. His heartbeat was rapid and unstable, but there was an impeccable sharpness in his crystalline gaze. On his face was no expression, a placid expression that carried a bit of its own danger; but one that was not his own. Today he was nothing more than what he knew himself as, a slave to a master, and a slave to the one.

His ambition had failed him.

Before him, in the grand expanse, lay a fortress of force dead biological entities all with a dedicated focus that contrasted his own. Splattered across the landscape were innumerable tumors, so called Gramutek’s by the locals. Beneath them, the Legion of Yun’Do walked from outpost to outpost on guard for the likes of him. Around them was a massive call of power from around the galaxy, drawing in the dark and greedy from every aspect of space; the only thing more menacing than the force presence of the planet was their collective ego.

With hair twisting slightly in the breeze, he felt the limping presence behind him. It was vaguely similar to The Slave in the way he was young and unrefined, but where they differed was in their autonomy in that moment. Where The Slave would offer a coy response, this shell of a man offered nothing but a glance; one cold and riddled with nothingness. On his side was a helmet, held tight between his hands while a sword was tight against his back.

He spoke three words, but each was a mixture of his own guttural tones and an additional octet of various pitches.

Are you ready?

Are you ready?

Are you ready?

Are you ready?

- the group said idly.

[member="Czernon Zambrano"] │ [member="Ignis Imura"] │ [member="Vi Grir"] │ [member="Kurenai Yumi"] │ [member="Kyrel Ren"] │ [member="Cerbera"] │ [member="Darth Ophidia"]

[member="Darth Ophidia"]

"Now wouldn't that be a scandal." Cerbera mused with a veiled smile, while studying the appearing shapes of the Vong and their pets. Voxyn were fascinating and in truth Cerbera wanted one of them for herself. Sadly now wasn't the time for that either. They waited patiently, until one inquisitive voxyn slowly detached itself from the crowd and slowly crept their way. It was sniffing the ground. Its tongue licking up sand and dust, trying to taste what it was feeling but couldn't see.

For now the others hadn't noticed its attention.

Too busy thumping their chests and pushing one another, trying to assert dominance, trying to assert pain. The Voxyn padded up right before them and then stilled. Before Ophidia could act, Cerbera already crouched down in front of the Voxyn.

It rose its head, hind-legs slowly applying more pressure to the ground for a leap.

Then a pair of amber orbs shifted into existence as that veil of stealth was marginally pulled away. The Voxyn froze, head tilting just an inch, teeth showing as lips receded to prepare a growl. "Bad." The silk voice sheared through it, causing it to whine and take a few steps back. "Mine." The imprint pressing in and establishing dominance. Another whine, but now it padded back more, before slowly turning around and retreating. It looked over its shoulder once, before adding itself to the pack.

All of them following their caretakers through the gates.

"Mm, what a cutie." She murmured as the amber spheres were caught by the veil once more. Moving back up the Sith alchemist began the track, taking care not to make any noticeable imprints, stepping over sand and touching solid rock instead. They passed on through the gates and slowly picked their way into the camp.

There were cries here, shouts, of pain, of joy, of anger.

It was quite... exciting really.

Location Upper atmohere
Allies: (Possible [member="Cecilia Wissen"] Nearby [member="Ignis Imura"] [member="Cedric Grayson"])
Need halp? [member="Vi Grir"]
Enemies:[member="Kyrel Ren"] (possible Nearby [member="Czernon Zambrano"] [member="Darth Ophidia"])

Though having addressed the man first it would be the woman to his side that would answer, Kurenai raising an eye brow as the girl’s stance, though unable to see if a weapon a present it was an all too common move. "Hmm, a very vague question child, I could answer it in over 20 ways, most of which would mean nothing to you, but if you need some form of identification, just call me crimson". Stepping forward she continued her slow non-threatening advance towards the duo, glancing to the boy as he finally turned around to face herself, giving a once over and investigative look before saying a rather assuming line.

"What makes you think I am with the Confederacy? and even if I was Metus just like all the other children of this galaxy are wasting time on war and politics, a better question now would be who are you". "You are not Sith, your auras are grey, balanced. no not Jedi... Je'dii perhaps, or some other grey force order that I may not know about"?

Keeping up her circle walk eventually Kurenai creased the hill, turning an eye to the village down below, the small echoes of a force scream lingering in the air, Vong inhabiting the place. Why was it Vong, those 800 or so years ago, when the Confeds took over Rodian, now here? seemed their species were much more resilient then first suspected but that was not all she could see, or felt. A small drawing power, not a grand as a person lightly blinked from the village centre, the same feeling as that other artefact she had found, but this did not carry the familiar feel, but it's pull was all the same.

"My suit comes with a mask that contains several senores that I can use, by why should I help you hmmmm"? slightly sarcastic, but also true, though out for allies at this moment the trio as not that trusty yet. Looking down at the village her HUD picked up the Zabrak woman who had been attacked by the Vong, though that was only the beginning. Aside from the large grouping of Vong, several other life forms seemed to come up on the scanner, one a way away on another cliff side ([member="The Slave"]). "Several people that do not seem to be Vong appear on my scanner, scattered around but all closing in on this position".

As the alchemist went to the voxyn, Ophidia quietly drew the dagger Cerbera had forged and poised for the strike. If it came a millimetre too close, she would jab the blade into its neck. She reared the blade when its leg poised to strike.

She thought about how best to do this. How could she make the others not see? It seemed impossible unless the voxyn withdrew. Then, the imprint. Ophidia sensed it only thanks to her own imprint on another creature, recognising the moment and the feeling. Her eyes narrowed as she lowered the knife, the voxyn padding away with its tongue lolling until it joined its pack. One of the other voxyns snapped jaws after it, but it swayed out of the way and bared its teeth in response before the whole group moved on further. She slipped the knife back in its sheath.

The two of them snuck past the watchful eyes of the sentries as their feet touched hard rock or into existing footprints that masked their own.

Ophidia could see games played in corners, a ring of Vong standing around two of their fighters brawling it out. Cheering, laughing, and she assumed making suggestions. There were children there, hiding around corners, following the bigger, stronger Vong.

One would think, the deeper they came, the more civilian it would become. However, it was quite on the contrary. While there was a secure perimeter guarded by armed and trained Yuuzhan Vong troops, the civilians occupied the outer rings, and the deeper you went, the more and the stronger soldiers you found. The presence of Amphistaffs, Chitin carbines, razorbugs and Vonduun grew as they approached the inner ring.

And, Ophidia could see, there would be more than one tier of defence separating them from the true core. In there, they would find the priests, the shapers, and the very elite of the Legion Yun-Do.

"We are getting close."

She whispered, barely audible even between them.

[member="Cerbera"]

[member="Darth Ophidia"] | [member="The Slave"] | [member="Czernon Zambrano"] │ [member="Ignis Imura"] │ [member="Vi Grir"] │ [member="Kurenai Yumi"] │ [member="Kyrel Ren"] | [member="Cecilia Wissen"]

"Indeed." Cerbera murmured while studying the increasingly more fortified locale around them.

They managed to pierce through many of their defenses, until something of a conundrum appeared in front of them. A... camp within a camp, so to speak, this was where the inner sanctum of the village/fortification began and it was guarded by quite many of these Vong. It didn't help that the gate was locked either. But Cerbera could clearly sense the object of Ophidia's desire somewhere within the depths of this place. They had to find entry within, this was not an option.

It was necessity.

"Hm." They stood and watched from a shadow, an alcove, while the alchemist wondered. "A diversion, perhaps? My little baby is growing anxious at my absence." She closed her eyes. The screams and bellows of rage, pain and fear started soon after that.

Not from where they came.

Instead it was the other side of the village where the Voxyn were secured. They hadn't counted on her pet to start infecting the others with its scratches. Within the span of a few seconds the area just snugly against the inner sanctum was in chaos as wild Voxyn snapped, ripped, attacking their former keepers. This close to the sanctum it caused the guards to be pulled away to deal with the danger. After all... that was what they were for, was it not?

"Your turn, darling."

[member="Cerbera"] | [member="The Slave"] | [member="Czernon Zambrano"] | [member="Ignis Imura"] | [member="Vi Grir"] | [member="Kurenai Yumi"] | [member="Kyrel Ren"] | [member="Cecilia Wissen"]

"We enter quietly." Her head jerked in direction of the roars and barks, then snapped back to the gate ahead of them as the patrols were distracted.

"Dear, do you trust me?" of course she didn't, so Ophidia rephrased "Or rather, trust my ability and your infinite usefulness to me."

Admittedly a caress of Cerbera's ego, and it was true; they were infinitely useful to each other. Together, there were few things they could not accomplish, few secrets they could not unlock, no item they could not collect.

Darth Ophidia grabbed Cerbera's hand and pulled her with in a run. She did not mask her footprints, but did put them where the footprints were most concentrated so they would not be easily spotted and distinguished from the rest. She ran against the doors as if she wanted to ram them with her head. Did she think she could bust down the door with her mere physical prowess? No, she had a much more finicky trick in mind, one that required much focus and power, and that she had never before done with another person in her grasp.

'Concentrate on yourself, Cerbera. Think of who you are and where we are separate'.

These words she channelled through the connection of their hands as she pulled the alchemist into a full embrace and jumped at the door, shoulder first. And just when there should have been a heavy thunk of bodies hitting metal, there was nothing. Or rather, it was like a faint suction sound as a moment of blackness washed over them, and then there was light and mud as they hit the ground on the other side.

Ophidia tumbled, separating from Cerbera and moving her hand to the tainted knife in her belt. A pain and nausea washed over her as her molecules stabilised. Phasing was not a comfortable experience. It took much energy and it was terribly risky. If one was not careful, one could easily get spliced with a foreign object. She had seen it happen and it was not a pretty sight.

But what she saw in front of her was: The dirty and disorganised had become ornate and organically patterned as they looked upon the inner camp. And at its centre, she could feel the presence of the item she desired. Her cloaking redoubled as she rose to her full height and strengthened resolve.

Page_divider_with_gradient.png

Kyrel kept moving slowly through the wilderness, the voice that called to him, was seductive and promised power and the ability to unlock secrets. Kyrel could sense that he wasn't far behind, but as he did so. An alien came forth charging at him with unrelenting force. Attempting to strike him with his amphistaff landing a hit on Kyrel's robes and cloak tearing the thin fabric to pieces and causing sparks to fly out from the armor. Kyrel roared in anger and with a savage strike of his saber cut the alien down. Looking to examine the body he spoke to himself. "Vong... Not surprising at all." He had said to himself recounting the time of when the First Order had conquered the world of Zonama Sekot, where he had destroyed the remnants of the Potentium sect, and had undergone a philosophical conversing with the being known as "Sekot"

Varas looked to him, an expression of both concern and curiosity, had adorned her face asking her father inquisitively. "Father, does that mean our task will be that much harder." Kyrel nodded slowly looking away from the deceased Vong. "I only heard rumors, but if this is what I think it is, I would say these are no ordinary vong that I had encountered on Zonama Sekot. We must move quickly, I feel our enemies are gaining close to the source of the dark side. We must not allow them to find it, and if they do we must eliminate them. My only speculation for some of the signatures is we are dealing with Sith, and Dark Jedi, from the others we might be facing Jedi as well."
Varas had nodded pushing forward through the wasteland, he could sense other signatures out there, and the source of the dark side, the voice in his head growing louder as he pressed forward until he started to see the sight of a village, the source, the darkness growing closer now, screaming at him to approach. The obstacles, however, was the Vong.

Seeing patrols go in and out almost constantly, he had to think fast, he looked to Varas and motioned for her to follow his lead, crouching and using the thick brush as cover, he looked for a small opening to get to, despite out of fear of being detected if worse came to worse he would have to slaughter the entire village. But for now, he wouldn't have to do that just yet as he found a small opening. The small opening showed the inside of the village as he kicked it in and quickly entered. He stuck to the walls of the local dwellings sneaking past guards, "I can hear it calling to me... It's close." He said his tone taking one of excitement, as he kept following the source of the voice in his head. Beckoning him to come forth.

[member="Darth Ophidia"] @Cerbera @Cecilia Wissen [member="Kurenai Yumi"] [member="The Slave"] [member="Czernon Zambrano"] [member="Ignis Imura"] [member="Varas Kyrel"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom