Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

When a thousand souls descend upon you.

[member="Cerbera"] | [member="Ignis Imura"] | [member="Kurenai Yumi"] | [member="Kyrel Ren"] | [member="Cecilia Wissen"]

Some parts of a Vong ship were none too different from their own, at least when you had seen a few and noticed what trends follow. When the Sith Lord now known to some as Darth Ophidia had been a young woman, she had travelled in many ships. She had been a mercenary, a thief, a traveller, all before joining the Sith and pursuing her destiny. So when she looked through the space, seeing the egg being loaded back into the hull, she immediately noticed the little pedestal with its faintly glowing top up a flight of stairs to a plateau overlooking the hangar.

She darted towards it quietly, climbing the steps as Cerbera made her way to cause a distraction.

Reaching the top of the stairs she looked at the panel, trying to decipher the writing. It was fruitless, the writing was a distraction, language was an illusion, she closed her eyes, felt the Force. Her hand hovered over one of the buttons as she opened her eyes again and looked at the egg. Its movement was slow, but it was so close to-

Who is that?

Ophidia's eyes turned down to the sight of a figure climbing on board after them. She could not be sensed in the Force, but that did not mean she did not represent complications to their plans. No matter, they had the artefact. A heavy clunk warned the Rattataki that the egg was back inside the hangar. She pressed down the button, nothing happened. She pressed the one next to it. A sudden exhale of gas heralded that the doors were now becoming sealed. Four joint walls closed in at the ship's belly, coming together to close it off.

The Sith Lord tucked the velokite bag containing the Soulsaber into her robe, right up against her skin, and drew the tainted knife.
---​
"I am old, Neiin. I may not look it, but I am beginning to feel it. Perhaps it is time the old step aside and let the young ones take over." "For the sake of you, and for my least-hated spawn. I am going to recomm- Why are the doors closing?" Neiin turned sharply, his head cocked to the side and jaw dropped. "Sound the alarm."

[member="Darth Ophidia"] | [member="Ignis Imura"] | [member="Kurenai Yumi"] | [member="Kyrel Ren"] | [member="Cecilia Wissen"]

She resembled the shadow as she darted in and out of the various corridors.

Instead of going for the immediate kill Cerbera went for the dangerous cuts. Deep, hard, fast, then moving further while the cries of pain trailed behind her. Some were deeply wounded, while others just howled in surprise before turning towards violence. That was the idea of it, no? Make them all suspicious, angry, seeing red and in that haze of blood they'd lash out at everything that was a possible suspect.

Some were left unblooded for that purpose.

Blood sprayed fresh in the air, clinging to the walls, the floor, slick with it. Cerbera didn't bother enjoying the sight, instead she moved deeper into the facility while leaving chaos in her wake.

They'd turn deeper against one another as the poison on her edge caused them to find frenzy.

"Mm, no wonder you enjoy the shadows, darling." Cerbera murmured softly over their personal connection, deep and close. Her touch almost intimate as her voice brushed the line of her ear. "This is exhilarating." Closer and closer the alchemist approached the bridge of this ship, while the hangar doors closed with a hiss and a sickening crunch at Ophidia's beckoning.

This was going to be fun.

A sudden alarm blared throughout the ship as Kurenai started to make her way in, weather it was due to her own presence or due to the other meddling, but either way it was a problem for both parties, after all they would not have to use stealth in getting on this ship if the Vong where on their side. If that was the case whoever was on this ship besides where would most likely try and head for the bridge an take command of the ship, it's what she would do, and had done many times, most recently with her own master when taking control of a Hutt Barge.

Still unaware of the presence of [member="Darth Ophidia"] Kurenai started to make her way towards the ships bridge hand on sabre hilt, expecting to be ambushed or attacked at anytime. She knew full well there was someone of great power on this craft, the problem was where, that was until she heard an all to familiar sound, that of death and dying, the cries of pain and anger, echoing down the hallway that lead to the ships command center, 'bingo'. Leaping into s sprint Kurenai darted through the Vong corridors, pushing a foot against the wall, piratically running across the roof, over the heads of the... infighting?

It was odd to see the Vong killing, maiming and slaughtering one another, but it was not a tactic she frowned upon, if all she herself had not much the same back in her mercenary day, but this type of instigation, it was different. A sick feeling of the dark side lingering with several cuts and slices in the Vong flesh, 'sith', that was the only conclusion she could come up with, or some other dark order, but she doubted any other organization would have the time to spare someone of such power.

[member="Cerbera"] [member="Kurenai Yumi"]

As the doors closed, Darth Ophidia jumped down from the raised platform and landed soundlessly on the floor.

The musical notes of fights and screams of pain or sudden ends, of hate, anger, and vengeance, echoed through the hull of the ship to tickle Ophidia's ear along with Cerbera's message, and a satisfied smirk spread on Ophidia's lips momentarily

'Lockdown complete.' 'You have a tail. I'm engaging it.'

As the energy vampire took off into one of the side-passages after Cerbera, Ophidia decided that could not be permitted. She followed swiftly in order to keep the woman in sight, then sent out a tendril of telekinetic energy, then another, and another, all coalescing around and attempting to grapple Kurenai and pull her back into the hangar chamber where the Pale Assassin waited.

Her form stripped layers off the Force Cloak, allowing a monocromatic, translucent visage of herself to be seen, face shrouded under the hood. Yet her eyes and their fierce ember glow stared out from under the tattered hem, unblinking and unwavering. A curved, jagged blade in one hand, but no other weapons visible on her person. Her presence flowed out, covering the general area in sense of cold, but not coalescing in one particular spot.

She seemed everywhere within her sphere of presence, yet nowhere still.

[member="Darth Ophidia"] | [member="Kurenai Yumi"]

"Hm, I never considered myself much of a tail person. Clashes with my aesthetic sensibilities." Cerbera murmured back jokingly while whipping her sword around and cutting deep into the head of a Yuuzhan Vong warrior hurrying around the corner and almost colliding with her. How rude, some people truly needed to watch where they were walking as far as Cerbera was concerned. "Thank you for cutting it off, darling."

Then her sprint ended in front of a great set of doors.

Fleshy, shivering in anticipation, there seemed to be a thick membrane over it.

"Looking for entry?" A shape detached itself from the alcove nearby. Shaper, her face half veiled, one arm ending in a claw- a shaper's claw. She leaned heavily against the fleshy wall, watching and pondering. "There is a cost... one must be escalated."

Cerbera squinted at her and then back to the set of doors. Already the alchemist realized this was thicker than what they had been through before, a lightsaber wouldn't help here and neither would her alchemized sword. Ugh, this was such a bother, but this seemed to be their only way out of here. But the question remained that made her naturally suspicious.

"Why assist me?"

The question of how the Shaper saw her wasn't asked- her eyes told her everything Cerbera needed to know. Some biots were entirely unfair as far as she was concerned in the meat of things. "I am... bored. They promised me freedom to experiment, but they still restrain me."

Ah.

Well, that was something that Cerbera could at least understand. "Darling, the things I do for you." She murmured over their connection to Ophidia. Two moments later pain flooded through their bond. Fiery hot, scalding, it racked and run wild, until it softly started simmering. The pain was pushed into a corner, but it would remain there as a reminder.

"What next?"

"Escalation." The shaper hissed with joy.

[member="Cerbera"] [member="Darth Ophidia"]
Kurenai's flight came to a sudden end as the feeling of the force erupted from behind her, an invisible wave of tendrils attempting to latch around her legs, coming at such speed and ferocity, one of them snagging sound her foot, bringing the woman to a sudden halt. In that moment her body fell to the floor, being dragged slowly back to the hanger, but Kurenai would not have it, gripping onto a nearby wall, countering the force pull with one of her own, breaking the lock long enough to regain her baring, just in time to see the hooded woman appear before her.

There was no face, just the chilling glare of the woman's yellow eye, not to different from her own, but these shimmering with and intense brightness, clearly, she was dealing with one completely corrupted by the darkness, and if memory served her correctly this woman was a Sith Lord. Oh, but not just any Sith Lord, "... well hello there", Kurenai replied, her voice stoic as ever, not hinting to any emotion, neither fear or anger, just nothing. Looking at the equally pale woman.

"If you are here I am guessing there is another Sith onboard, one headed for the cock pit no"? she was not expecting a reply, herself unsheathing a Nagamaki in response to her opponents physical blade. 'hmmm maybe bad but as long as your separated I have a chance'. Putting her two-handed sword/spear, edging closer to the Sith, a cold glare of aimed at the hooded figure.

[member="Cerbera"] | [member="Kurenai Yumi"]

Ophidia sent a message back through their connection.

'I will make it up to you.'

Cerbera would know that, even devious as Ophidia was, she rarely said such things to her without reason or ability to make it true. The sensation of Cerbera's pain shot through Ophidia, but she didn't flinch, nor waver. One her plans all came together, it would all be worth it. And Cerbera, well, she always found a way to end up on top of things. No doubt this newfound pain was something she would be able to gain from.

After all, pain made them stronger, made them pure.

Kurenai's words received no response but an exhale as the turned her right shoulder to face her, making herself more of a narrow target. Ophidia's left hand came to rest on her hip, where the sash and the belt bound her robes close to her body. It would seem as though she was not looking, as though she was vulnerable or perhaps simply arrogant enough not to take the dark jedi seriously.

"You should leave."

She started circling the woman, staying so far out of melee reach, but taking her pick of position in the confrontation. Her weapon was far shorter than what Yumi had drawn, but she seemed far from concerned.

Mm, you always do... Cerbera murmured back once the haze of pain cleared out just a little bit and gave her the opportunity to see.

Her arm had been replaced from her shoulder down with something... entirely else.

"Ooh, we haven't seen such an escalation in a while." The shaper cooed while clapping her hands a bit in excitement. "I wasn't sure you'd survive that..." Altogether it had taken only a handful of minutes, but it was already wiring itself together into her nervous system. She could move it up and down, letting the fingers (longer and sharper than her old ones) move individually for a moment. "I live to amaze." Cerbera murmured back, before taking a step up towards the set of doors that separated them from the inside of the bridge.

"What will we find there?"

"...we?" "I assumed-"

"Oh, no, if you survive what's inside I will gladly follow you. But you are on your own now."

As if to underline that fact the Shaper took a few steps back and then slipped out of view, leaving Cerbera to her own thoughts. She frowned before sighing and looking back towards the doors. Her shaper-hand reached out, the sharpened nails brushing against the organic membrane. They tried to shy away, shivering, but the alchemist was insistent in her approach and soon enough the nail cut into the flesh.

It whined and then began to come loose, slowly pulling away to give entry.

Cerbera stepped through and onto the bridge.

Life pulsed around her. Like a beating heart, lights moving up and down and left and right, but that wasn't where Cerbera's attention was. Instead it was at the cadre of Vong arrayed with the Yammosk behind them.

What was more?

She could sense them through the Force. "I don't suppose we could-" ...they charged, because of course they would.

Kurenai circled around her opponent not at all surprised by the resulting blank stare and silent nature, Sith never seemed to change no matter how many years passed, one would think they'd learn, that everyone would learn, but alas the same mistake where just made over and over again. As the two circled on another her own blade was held in a rather unorthodox standard, only on handed it weight easy compensated by her inhuman strength, the extended hilt of the Atrsian weapon reach past her elbow, it's end pointed out towards the hooded Sith.

The enemy having a rather casual pose, that of a confident person, herself not doubting the woman was a skilled fighter, probably mastering several saber forms, some one not to underestimate, more overestimate. Soon silence, broken by the hooded figure, her voice cold and demanding, only being a few short words, but it was more then enough for her to work with. Starring her down in Kurenai replied with two challenging words, in a slight mocking tone, "make me".

[member="Cerbera"] - [member="Darth Ophidia"]

Ophidia considered her strategies; there were ways this could play out and most of them ended in some kind of bloodshed. While she would like no more than to cleave the woman in front of her in two, she also knew that it was not a necessary condition for their success. All they needed was for the ship to take off and enter hyperspace. Once they arrived in Sith-Imperial space, Cerbera would be able to declare the ship friendly.

Their goal was to get the Soulsaber, after all.

"Fine."

The hand in which she held the knife turned, shifting the blade to a horizontal position as her hooded face turned sharply in Kurenai's direction, looking over the top of the edge. The shrouding effects formerly keeping her presence in check suddenly released like a wave of cold air as she aggressively reached out for Kurenai's mind, seeking to forcefully enter it and bring it into submission.

In Ophidia's mind, Kurenai's response had invited this kind of invasion, so the influence she sought to impose through dominance of mind was for her to drop her weapon, turn around, and move to the nearest exit.

As a rule Cerbera did not give into emotions.

Anger.

Fury.

Wroth.

Those were feelings for the lessers. Those too stupid to realize that all it made them was stupid and nothing more, but even though Ophidia would know all about those sentiments... what she felt through their deep connection was unadulterated rage. The likes of which she had never experienced before. There was that pain mingling through it as the alchemist received wounds and dished them out in kind. But she was alive and was only growing more lively the deeper the rage went, until she almost approached that level mindlessness that Ophidia experienced when she first touched the Soulsaber.

"Bother, such a bother." Cerbera hissed as she settled over the last Slayer, knife cutting deep in the jugular and leaving trails of blood in its wake. "Now see what you made me do."

She ripped and she teared and then the alchemist rose up in a smooth line.

Feeling another presence in the room.

Behind her.

Cerbera looked over her shoulder, noticing the Shaper finding her way into the room again. "Oh. my." "Mm, decided on a side yet, darling?" Were first there was only amber, now the alchemist's eyes showed crimson specks and obsidian. Swirling within those orbs like little signs of corruption. Little signs of control slipping past and escalating more.

"...yes, I think so."

There was an equal measure of the alchemist that wanted to rip the shaper's throat out with her teeth and sink her new claws into her sockets. This was an instinct that Cerbera ignored, locked away and instead the fury nodded once, curtly.

"Have the ship engage its engines, once we clear the atmosphere, jump to Hyperspace. I will get you the coordinates."

She regained control.

Moments later the engines fired up as the Shaper accepted the command without hesitation now. "We are leaving. Kill, capture or kick that tail out." Cerbera was all out of patience now. Breathing heavily, letting her fingers shape the corners of her wounds, this had been a costly one. But... worth it, she reckoned. A lot that they had gained in this relatively short period of time.

If Kurenai knew Sith then this one would two things, one: try to kill her as quickly as possible and bring about bloodshed through either by blade or force powers, the typical 'Sith are stronger' routine. Two: scheme and use other tactics and force powers to avoid a fight all together, tricks and misdirection to lure Kurenai into a trap or something similar. Considering the fact, she had no idea who this person was, their shrouded figure and seeming to be Sith Lord level she expected the latter.

As the blade moved to point towards her body Kurenai suspected that perhaps she was wrong, maybe this Sith was an assassin of sort, half fighter half trickster and then it came, a huge force power, stronger than anyone she had faced before, far stronger then Kyrel Ren. Then came the assault on the mind a strong urge for her to suddenly just walk away, 'domination of mind... well she will soon learn I have a strong will', something she constantly berated her student on, that ones will was the most potent weapon in their arsenal.

As Kurenai's struggled to keep her body in place against the Sith attack she tilted her head to the slide, facing the hooded figure straight on, taking in a deep breath before letting out a thunderous force scream, the Vong walls and tight corridors focusing it down towards her opponent. Hopefully that would cause enough of a distraction to break the Sith invasion of her mind if not Kurenai would be a sitting duck.

[member="Cerbera"] [member="Kurenai Yumi"]

'just get this bucket off the ground.'

Three people in the past had used Force Scream against Ophidia, two of which were in a similar predicament as Kurenai. In fact, some of them were in a worse predicament as she was actively trying to harm them, not just turn them away. Apprentices could be so ungrateful.

"It's funny really."

The memory of the shout's potency still lingered in her, and when she saw the woman use all her focus to turn her head, she had an inkling it was coming. She saw how the air welled up inside Kurenai's body and travel up from her lungs, past the larynx. Darth Ophidia shifted her weight, for a moment she looked like she was about to jump, a slight sway made it look like she was going right, but with a quick turn of her body, she jumped left. The hand formerly behind her back touched the floor cartwheeling her off the side as the force of the scream crashed into the wall behind where she had stood a split second past.

As her feet touched the ground with nonchalant ease, she put both hands forward, one holding the knife, the other curling like the talons of a bird of prey. She had tried to be polite the last time, but now she laced her command with a surge of lightning, shooting from her fingertips with a crackling roar of purple, electric tendrils.

"Rather than claim the other treasures, you followed us."

In retrospect, Ophidia knew she should have claimed the second artefact in the worship of the Vong, but she had been fixed on taking the Soulsaber. Perhaps she would find another way to claim the talisman, another time. Something between a smile and a sneer played on her purple lips, showing the pearly white teeth within.

"And now you have nothing."

It didn't take long for the ship to shudder and shiver in response to the Shaper's commands to the Yammosk.

"This ship is special, isn't it?" Cerbera mused out-loud as she stepped up next to the female Shaper. She had already assumed her place on the Cognition Throne, the hood firmly on her head as she communicated with the floating 'brain' in the tank and made it force the ship into the air. It shuddered more and then glands within the hull started to shiver open, changing the air pressure through manipulating the biological systems within.

The surviving Vong would struggle to maintain their positions as the ship accelerated and the glands started to pull them through.

Slowly the rest of the ship was biologically vented as they rose through the atmosphere.

Outside the remaining Vong began firing at it. "Mm, it is. One of a kind.... see?" Suddenly the firing stopped hitting them and Cerbera realized something through the data flowing through the Villip. "...they can't see us anymore, can they?" The shaper smiled self-satisfied and Cerbera knew, then, that she had been the one who made the ship in the first place.

Or at the very least was a large part of its construction.

"We breach atmosphere in two minutes. Coordinates?"

Cerbera told her.

Eyes widened just a fraction, but then the Shaper nodded firmly and began inputting their direction.

"A lot of things are funny... funny how things are funny, but what do you mean other artifact?".

She was not expecting there to be another artifact, let along the Sith not claiming it for some reason, where they in a hurry? no it was clear the two could have stalked around the Vong camp unseen, so why? why did they leave it behind? As the woman performed a flip to avoid her scream the force hold on her vanished, Kurenai taking no time to leap into action, launching towards the Sith, sweeping her Nagamaki in a wide arch towards her opponent, one that she would have been able to block quite easily.

At the time said Sith shot a wave of lighting towards Kurenai, herself reaching out a free hand, the electric attack slamming into her palm balling up in a similar method to Kinetic. With the force lighting stored in her hand Kurenai quickly shot it behind herself, propelling to woman forward towards her target.

"Besides perhaps I just want to fight you".

Judging from her acrobatic display, attire and use of force powers Kurenai had to conclude this Sith was an assassin of sort, but not just any assassin, perhaps their leader? Maybe more research would be required, though there was a distinct feeling nothing about this woman would come up. Regardless it would be a different fight, most of her past opponents being the Tank type, heavy attacks with physical force powers to crush their enemy.

If they were not in the middle of a confrontation in which life was at stake, she would have firmly pressed her hand to her forehead in exasperation. No wonder this person had not sought the Talisman, she didn't even know it existed. This brought an extra touch of anger to what she brought out next.

As Kurenai used the released energy to propel herself forward, Ophidia coalesced her concentration into telekinetic energy around Kurenai in a new attempt at seizing her body in a force grip. However, she did not seek to stop Kurenai's advance, quite on the contrary; the Sith Lord took two long steps to the side while attempting to seize Kurenai and add to her forward momentum, then turn that momentum in a semi-circle and throw her out of the back of the ship, which Cerbera had so generously opened a few minutes prior.

"You aren't even worthy to lick my boot."

Their ship was gaining altitude fast, this would be the last chance to evict Kurenai, or else she would simply have to be trapped inside. Now, being stuck inside a Yuuzhan Vong vessel with two Sith Lords bound for Sith-Empire territory? That sounded like a bad day for most, but if that was what she desired.

'Close the rear doors in three seconds.'

As she felt a telekinetic force build up around her Kurenai was all prepared to make a counter if the Sith hopped to keep her contained some how, though a strong force user Kurenai was confident in her immense physical strength to push through any barrier the hooded woman could make. What came next again was a surprise, a sudden boost in speed that even she was not able to counter act, Kurenai's body flying faster then a speeder through the corridors, mission her intended target, her the blade missing by a razors edge.

Getting closer to the back hatch Kurenai planted her feet into the ground, a loud screech of metal against metal that was untimely futile, still flying off the back of the ship, but managing to turn around and address the Sith and her attempted derogatory comment. "I would rather go for your neck Sith, that blood is probably the only sweet part about you". With those last words Kurenai fell out the back to the ship, hurtling down to the planets surface. what was this anyways, like the 47th time, she really needed to keep a tally of how many times she fell out/crash landed a ship.

Coming closer to the ground Kurenai let off a powerful force blaster, slowing her decent, the woman touching down, sand and anything not nailed down blasted out in all directions with the force of a proton torpedo. "... Children, always so spoiled, I wonder about that woman's history, perhaps a nice little chat is in order next time we meet, but now what was this other artifact she talked of"?

[member="Darth Ophidia"] - [member="Cerbera"]

[member="Kurenai Yumi"] | [member="Cerbera"]

Kurenai's last words only spurred a perked brow from Ophidia. It seemed to her a strange thing to say even in the back and forth of Dun Moch. Perhaps there was some level of context she was not aware of? Something about necks and blood. And with her intake of sugar the blood would probably not be sweet.

She simply watched as Kurenai was torn away by the wind current.

"What a strange woman."

Sheathing the dagger at the back of her hip again, she climbed the stairs and once more closed the hangar doors. The wind seized pulling on her and she could finally relax, even for just a moment. All activities in the Force seized and she let out a long sigh. It had been something of a day. As her shoulders sank, the energy flowed out of her. She leaned on the railing, it felt organic, bone-like. Horn perhaps? Coral more like. Ophidia looked into the side office where the two Vong lay, crushed under a poorly secured shelf. Passing by, she picked up a flesh-sack with something hard inside. It looked like a ring. Shrugging.

As the scenery grew dull, the Rattataki made her way to the bridge by following the trail of bodies left by Cerbera.

"Dear, you would not believe the- Your arm changed."

Cerbera shifted from watching the scenery towards welcoming Ophidia.

"Ah, darling-" She looked down to her shaper's arm. It was longer, its fingers sharper and more... beastlike so to speak. More importantly it seemed to hum and move just a bit on its own accord. The tips of the nails pulling in and out of the fingers by their own accords. "Mm, yes, escalation, do you like it?" Cerbera tip-toed around the pile of Slayer corpses and approached the Rattataki with a soft hum on her lips. There was a limp in her leg, blood dried from her shoulder and neck.

The claw, one sharp nail, would move to brush the line of Ophidia's jaw softly.

"Power has a price-" Someone coughed and Cerbera tilted her head, looking over her shoulder to the female Shaper sitting in the Cognition Throne. She had swiveled the axis of the throne to study them in kind. "Mm, yes, yes, I haven't forgotten you just yet."

"Ophidia, meet Nim, she is my new..." Cerbera mused a bit on the role Nim would play, before making a decision. "...my apprentice I suppose."

Nim smiled and then closed her eyes.

A shudder rolled through the Yuuzhan Vong ship, then, the lights shifted outside.

From the vacuum of obsidian to the bright blue of Hyperspace.

"Pleased to meet you."

[member="Cerbera"]

"It is marvellous."

She genuinely appreciated the beastly look of it, much like she appreciated the macabre aesthetic of her own tsaisibola. She would not pursue this escalation herself, but it would be interesting to see what Cerbera would be able to make with such new powers.

Ophidia's head turned sharply as the cough was made, her eyes shining with murderous intent at the shaper that interrupted them.

"Your apprentice?" "Why, I knew you would find something exciting here, dear."

She looked around as the hull shuddered, then looked at Cerbera as she understood they were travelling throgh hyperspace- Or whatever the Vong used as their equivalent. It was first then that she bothered to take a full gander at what kind of bridge she stood on. This was quite sophisticated and spacious. The ship they had taken was quite like nothing she had seen before.

"Quite exciting indeed."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom