Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

When a thousand souls descend upon you.

5g8hpGA.jpg

“It was our final stirring, to herald the finality of our silence. And all was fine.

Selvaris once stood as one of the many jewels of the One Sith crown. Overwhelmed and conquered during the Netherworld event, the world was thrown into disarray as legions of Yuuzhan Vong descended upon its surface, converting verdant swathes and jungles into cesspools and expanses of nothingness. Much to the chagrin and one particular Umbaran Sith Lord, famed warriorhttp://starwarsrp.net/topic/48854-w...blic-invasion-of-kashyyyk/page-23#entry736834 of the Kashyyyk battle with the Galactic Republic, the 12.25 billion taxable inhabitants were subjugated, bent to the will of the Yuuzhan Vong, and turned into nothing more than slaves and cattle. This would mark the peak of the Legion Yun’Do, the fall of Selvaris, and a most spectacular and demented planetary transformation, for which the Yuuzhan Vong were known.

During the final death throes of the One Sith Empire, the planet suddenly turned upon itself and destroyed all but the most lifeless aspects of the planet. Great Gramutekshttp://starwarsrp.net/topic/63410-gramutek-the-world-devastator/, bioengineered for universal domination, turned upon the core of the world - and consumed. The surface erupted with great eldritch spires of magma, now frozen in time as glass towers of tinted smoke. The Yuuzhan Vong fled, betrayed by their Warmaster and their One Sith Empire, turning to the outer regions to seek shelter, lick their wounds, and devise what they would do next. What the one hundred thousand plus army left behind, as they drifted away in the Teleute bio ship, was a glass pulsating husk of what Selvaris used to be. A triumph for the escalation of her people, Selvaris was all but destroyed.

In the deep, a Yammosk awoke and spoke words of resurrection. To bring back the great sacrificer, Yun-Yuuzhan, those remaining of the Legion would need to sacrifice as well. In honor, the remaining of the Priest caste sung the truth of this message. That a great battle would occur, blood and body would be lost, and an ancient relic would light the way. Many turned away from this message, knowing that the force had only ever been used to manipulate them - like the many warrior clans of preceding histories. But others, the zealots, took up the cause in this great pilgrimage, painting Selvaris as their final Mecca.

They have now returned to Selvaris, space opening up and belching forth biological ships and an angry people. Abused and mistreated, they turn now towards their God for the True Way. And their message is simple: Find the rod of bronze, face deformed to that of a dragon, and feed it to one of the remaining Gramuteks - Revive this world, reclaim their place among the stars. Scanners all over the system chirp with this inflow, though whether this a fighting force or a rebellious grouping of cosmic asteroids sent astray from a nearby belt, it’s difficult to say.

Less up for interpretation is the presence of the powerful lightsaberhttp://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Soulsaber and an ancient relic. While they have not necessarily been placed together on the planet, the force presence between the two conjures a potent culmination of power, acting as a signal or beacon for all those who are hungry. Hungry for great strength, unimaginable power, and overwhelming triumph.

Will the powerful come to claim these weapons? Will they stand vainglorious or will they form temporary alliances, overwhelming these great hordes with bonds forged in the desire for power? Or will they stand upon the horde as Ganner Rhysode once did, announcing themselves with a resounding proclamation...

Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don’t give a damn.

OOC:

This is a non-npc, non fleeting event. Please respect that and keep it to PC action (unless engaging the horde). Otherwise, various fire spitters and/or a dreadweapon might get antsy about all the action.

While this thread is obviously centered around relic obtainment, try to remember that this is for fun. Keep it classy and clean but, like, beat each other mercilessly and what not.

If you have been tagged, it’s because you responded to the interest thread. If you haven’t been tagged, by all means join. I’m not your mom.

Finally, Reverance will likely not be in this thread. I may engage with some NPC’s but my intent is not to DM the ending to this. If, by the end, it can’t easily be decided who has obtained these relics - we will figure out a way to sort that out.

[member="Darth Centax"] | [member="Darth Metus"] | [member="Vi Grir"] | [member="Kurenai Yumi"] | [member="Darth Ophidia"] | [member="Vanessa Vantai"] | [member="Cerbera"] | [member="Kaine Australis"] | [member="Cedric Grayson"] | [member="Mythos"] | [member="The Major"] | [member="Vrak Nashar"] | [member="Kyrel Ren"] | [member="Ignis Imura"] | [member="Czernon Zambrano"] | [member="Braith Achlys"]

<3 [member="Darth Adekos"]

Something wretched screamed out into the void.

The empyrean rarely provided such obvious clairvoyance, but Cedric had learned to trust such visions when they were gifted to him. The waking hours that followed were filled with chaos and uncertainty as he fought to understand the source of the scream.

Then it came again. And again.

Deciding this was less a gift and more a curse, Cedric found it a rather simple task to simply guide his starfighter toward the source of the ephemeral noise. A brief message was sent to [member="Alyson Halle"] explaining the situation before hyperspace took him beyond the possibility of any communication.

The trip was short and uneventful. The noise constantly droning in his skull became little more than a quiet whisper once he'd jumped to hyperspace. With the moment's respite, Cedric took a moment to examine just where he was going aside from its name alone.

"Selvaris," the knight sighed, "I thought it was lost during the war."

Ill tidings indeed.

For reasons of her own, she kept an eye on the planet of Selvaris. Perhaps it was nostalgia for her once firm influence on matters of the core, as she ascended through the ranks of the One Sith, or perhaps it had to do with finding the key to maintain a future supply of the most valuable tsaisibola that once sprung into existence there. Or, perhaps, it had to do with a man and a woman she wanted to keep tabs on but had a hard time finding. She had marked the Wrath, but the Hand was still free.

However, even to her, it was some shock to hear that the Yuuzhan Vong were returning in force. Some sort of call, they said.

Whatever was powerful enough to call the Yuuzhan Vong to the former home of the Legion Yun'do was worth her attention. She almost set off without a thought, but found herself halted by experience. Others would be drawn to its calling. She would need aid. Someone she could trust to not hold her back, nay, someone who would drive her forward. Yes, there was one name.

Darth [member="Cerbera"]

Her inquisitor truly. The master alchemist, and the closest she would ever come to a friend. Ophidia simply asked her to meet, told her it was important, that she would explain. They didn't have time, nor did she trust the word not to spread. No, the more covert the better.

Together, they took the Phasma. It was fast, it was cloak-able, and it belonged to Ophidia. No one would think twice about her disappearing in it for a few days or weeks.

"- That is why Selvaris, dear." "We must know, I must know"

And if it is there, I must have it.

She looked out at the viewport as Darling reverted the ship to real-space and Nethil engaged the cloaking. She gave a sigh as she lifted her cup to her lips and drank the last of the tea. It clacked down with the firm sound of metal on metal.

"We are not alone in this search."

[member="Vi Grir"] | [member="Darth Ophidia"] | [member="Cedric Grayson"] | [member="Reverance"]

She took a sip from her cup of tea while listening to Ophidia's raging explanation.

The excitement and hunger were palpable in the air and it amused Cerbera. It wasn't often that such passion boiled up from beneath pale skin to radiate out into the world, when it came to Ophidia. But here they were and apparently this sabre (its connection to two of her past) was of utmost importance to Ophidia. That was enough as far as Cerbera was concerned.

"We never are, darling." The Sith Lord mused softly from over the ridge of the cup, before taking another quiet sip. It was a good cup of tea and did much to inspire confidence in this mission.

In her experience the quality of the tea determined the quality of success.

"But we always prevail." She gestured with the little plate to the case waiting for Ophidia on the desk nearby. "A surprise I forged for you awhile ago. It might be helpful here as well." It was a dagger, a shard forged by the hatred and corruption of the Dark Forge. The strongest alchemical yadada, she knew what it was. There was no reason to hype it up everytime.

"It spreads corruption, careful not to cut yourself."

A sharp smile followed next.

Page_divider_with_gradient.png
Something had called to The Enforcer of Ren in the dark depths of space, for days he had reoccurring dreams of a broken world, surrounded and filled with darkness, with words speaking to him, tempting him, calling for him to journey there. Whispering promises of power and all of his desires would come true. Most often Kyrel would awaken sweating within his chambers in Vader's Castle on Mustafar. Objects scattered about the room, and his daughter looking in shock before tending to him. Night after night the visions persisted, at no end it drove Kyrel to look at star maps day and night to narrow down his search till he finally pinpointed a lead of the broken moon of Selvaris. A planet that had once bristled with life, had only recently during the final years of the One Sith only ended up being a wasteland.​
The entire thing puzzled the Master of Ren, to which had led him leaving his affairs in First Order space for a moment to find the source of his visions. Kyrel did not travel alone, however, bringing along the only one he could consider a companion [member="Varas Kyrel"]. Who was also very adamant about accompanying him anyhow, that he could not refuse her. They traveled on Kyrel's personal craft the Reaper. The two days of Hyperspace travel was interesting, to say the least, and all the while Kyrel's visions grew stronger, the closer that they got all he could feel was darkness.​
Then finally the ship exited out of hyperspace surrounded by darkness, the world came into viewport as he gazed with both an inquisitive nature and one of ambition. The darkness that he felt there are only what he could describe as feeling in places such as Dagobah, or Mustafar. The same sweet dark lullaby clung to his ears as he spoke in almost a questioning tone. "Why bring me to this world... What power lies within, and if there is any power. Soon it will be the Supreme Leader." He said as he slowly led the ship, through the cover of darkness towards the surface.​

Her explanation had almost left her breathless, raging on through an entire hyperspace journey. The tea had to be replaced at least twice in that time. Even Nethil was quiet during the time. The Pale so rarely went on in such a fashion.

However, now it seemed she had calmed down. If only temporarily.

"Why, you always bring the best treats at the least expected times, my dear."

She accepted the dagger and turned it over in her hands. Her fingers were careful with the edges. Then, she let it slide out along her fingers and gripped the tip. A gentle flick made it rotate in the air and the hilt land in her hand. She turned it back and forth between her fingers, then carefully sheathed it the back sheath of her tsariquira.

"I can feel it. Excellent craftsmanship, as always."

"Landing in T minus two minutes"

"We will have to be quick and light on our feet. Our best bet is never to be seen at all."

She pulled up the hood of her cloak, one forged to hide her from outside eyes and empower her already considerable aptitude in stealth. Death's Embrace, it had been dubbed by its creator before it adorned her shoulders. Now it was practically her second skin, kept tight to her person.

The ship's exit ports yawned open for the two Sith Lords as they exited side by side, then closed behind their heels as the ship lingered in hiding on the ravaged surface of Selvaris. In front of them, frozen spires of once great volcanic activity jutted up like fingers into the air. The air itself was harsh to breathe, drawing her back to memories of Rattatak, quickly buried again.

[member="Cerbera"] [member="Vi Grir"] [member="Kyrel Ren"] [member="Cedric Grayson"] [member="Reverance"]

"This is a mistake. You need to turn back."

The voice spoke its ghostly words in the back of Cedric's mind as if they were his own thoughts. He'd come to understand that such intrusions were not the beginnings of a sever mental issue, but rather the attempts at communion from the long departed. Such visits had become increasingly frequent since he had chosen to take up residence in the Graywall, often times not for the better.

Now was one of those times.

"If you're going to be cryptic, I don't want to talk to you," Cedric murmured, dearly wishing there was an off button for intergalactic holocalls with the dearly departed. "Something is drawing me here. I can feel it in the back of my head, like an itch at the base of my skull. It's nagging at me, and it won't go away until I see what it is."

Cedric heard what sounded like a sigh. "You are being baited. What you feel is power boy, and whether you admit it or not, I know it is what you crave. Your father undertook similar outings."

The knight's brow furrowed as the starfighter translated into real space. "I am not my father. Whatever it is that is calling out to me has to have been heard by others too. If the Sith know of it, I need to keep it out of their hands."

"And leave it in yours?"

"I never said that." The knight cursed as he carefully angled his starfighter toward the remains of Selvaris. Even from this distance, Cedric could make out the deep wounds carved into the planet's surface.

"If you go to that place, there is no guarantee you'll return. Even if you do, things may never be the same. Power such as this is all consuming - even I can feel it, and my connection to the material world is faint at best I-." The voice faded into nothingness shortly after the words were spoken. Cedric was left alone to mull over the specter's words as his vessel came in on a landing vector.

"We'll see Vicarion."

[member="Darth Ophidia"], [member="Kyrel Ren"], [member="Cerbera"], [member="Vi Grir"], [member="Reverance"]

ʜᴄ sᴠɴᴛ ᴅʀᴀᴄᴏɴᴇs
The family tradition was to arrive in a capitol ship that blots out the sun, heralded by the ecstasy of chanting cultists and the thrumming march of soldiers on the ground, a fleet at your back and an army eating out of your hand, to throw bodies and turbolasers at a world until the surface cracked and the populace shuddered and bent in submission. When you don't have a military sledgehammer to bring down, however, you don't give up. You make do. The crew section of the recon craft was strangely intimate, and as the ruined world grew nearer and nearer, Czernon sat still, mindful of the raw emotions welling up in him, eyes half-closed. There's a slight ping. The slender youth reached out with his cane, previously leaning against his seat, tapping the holocommunicator.

"My prince." Czernon detected a hint of disapproval in the reverberating voice of the figure that flickered into visibility. This was, without a shadow of doubt, entirely intentional. The figure was swathed in pale fabric and decorated liberally with talismans - Gormak teeth, gold and silver reliquaries containing teeth and fingernails and scraps of bone of famous Mystics, a fist carved of stone quarried from the Dark Heart before its destruction, a white jade icon of an ancient Zambrano lord. Its face, withdrawn into the shadows of its robes, was suggested by the fierce light its eyes cast off.

"Teacher." Czernon bowed his head in slight acknowledgement. Though only one of them was royalty, theirs was a relationship of mutual respect. He was recognition of, albeit not deference to his station within the family, and in turn the figure was respected for its wisdom and advice.

"This theft from the shipyards has something to do with the disturbance we felt?"

"You saw it too?"A foolish question. How could Tammuz-Ra not, he was likely - as it stands - more powerful a visionary than Czernon himself.

"We all did."

"Well first, teacher, this all still is technically my family's property. So as long as I return it, I don't see what the trouble is." He offered a soft, bashful grin at saying this, his voice sounding as though he didn't quite believe it himself. "...besides, we need to move. Quickly. If you saw what I did, you know that they are about to descend on the planet."

The shades of many of the figures swooping towards Selvaris, like circling vultures, danced on Czernon's eyelids when he closed them. "A broken warlord. A killing shadow. A flickering spark. An icy dagger. A closed, iron fist. And more... so many more. We don't have time, but we do have one advantage. When the inferno breaks out, no one pays mind to a spark. My weakness will be hidden by others' strength, I will be invisible to the eyes of the Force if but a few more arrive. When war is waged over the sword..."

He flexed his fingers. "None of these Lords will notice I have the gauntlet until it's too late."
His smile widened, a sort of mad gleam in his eyes. Often, his family name felt unsuited to him, it chafed, it constrained and strained. This might be the first time in months he truly felt like he was a Zambrano. It was exhilarating.

"...then it is your responsibility, my prince. You have seen what I have. You know what I know. You will bear the consequences - and rewards - of this path you have been set down."

He nodded.

"As my first duty is to my King, however, the ship will be called in." The Voss' face was a portrait of perpetual serenity, but Czernon, burying his head in his hands and sighing, imagined a sly grin on Tammuz-Ra's face. The image flickered out, the call ended, and the ship burst out of hyperspace.

"Pilot, take me to the surface and await for rendezvous. Only contact me if you have to move, only move if you're certain the ship is in danger of being compromised. Cloak at all times."

"This will be worth it."

| [member="Kyrel Ren"] | [member="Cedric Grayson"] | [member="Cerbera"] | [member="Darth Ophidia"] | [member="Vi Grir"] |

Objective: Discover what is going on.
Allies: [member="Cecilia Wissen"],
Gear: Sword, Dagger, Gun, Armor,

There was something wrong. Something very wrong.

Having been with the Sith and working with them, I knew they kept tabs on various planets and would be watching for any who attempted to perform actions against their empire. As I have been kind of going against their teachings of the order, as well as forgoing any of their masters for a potential student to, I feared they would be searching for me. Honestly, what is one person going to do? I didn't have an army. I wasn't super powerful. Nor did I pose a real threat to the Emperor. Maybe I could scratch him if we got into a fight, but that's it. With this fear, this mindset, I have employed a couple people over my time with the Je'daii, and my studying abroad. They acted as my eyes and ears within the Galaxy. Keeping the Sith off of my tail, and forging fake paths to other various planets.

At the same time, I had received a message from one. There was a great gathering of Vong from the old One Sith Empire. It;s Legion of Yun-do was resurfacing. I was also told that the force had become a nexus. I shook my head as this happened. Even still, I had one of the other students who had been near when the signs were popping up. Cecilia had come to me and delivered the report from my agent. She feared something may come of this I ran my hands through my hair.

Nick was vongformed to some degree. He spoke about the monstrosities that the One Sith had within the holocron I had. The strength they had with so few. I indicated for Cecilia to go and prepare. I returned to my own room. Gathering my own belongings and getting upon my ship. As soon as Cecilia was on board we headed straight to the planet.

[member="Darth Ophidia"], [member="Kyrel Ren"], [member="Cerbera"], [member="Vi Grir"], [member="Cedric Grayson"], [member="Reverance"],

[member="Vi Grir"] | [member="Cedric Grayson"] | [member="Darth Ophidia"] | [member="Kyrel Ren"] | [member="Cerbera"] | [member="Ignis Imura"] | [member="Czernon Zambrano"]

Something whispered.

It reverberated through a hollow shell, echoing and sending tiny pinpricks of long forgotten sensation through a desiccated corpse. Within a dark, abandoned hall something stirred. It was the barest hint of movement at first, a tiny twitch of a finger, then a painfully slow tilt of the head. Lidless eyes barely covered by bandages began to eek into life, their bare yellow tint shifting slowly across the expanse of abyss that lingered before it. A moment passed, and then a breath flowed.

What was that? The corpse began to wander, it's head shifting as it searched.

The whisper. It had heard it quite clearly. It was a call, a summoning. The Emperor? No. That being had long since passed. So then what had it been? Aching muscles began to move, shifting slightly beneath loosely wrapped vine-silk.

A summoning. No. Not that.

Gathering.

That was what it had been. Not a call, not a whisper, but a tiny ripple within the waves of the force. A moment passed, and then It slowly began to move. It's fingers tightened on the arm chair, his feet set on the ground. Pain began to burn through it's being, the darkside quickly surging into it's desiccated form to urge it into action. There was no time to waste, no agony that was too strong. The force had touched it, for the first time in centuries it had felt that power.

Thus the shambling corpse began to move, slowly stalking forward.

Objective: Discover what is going on, not die.
Allies: [member="Ignis Imura"]
Gear: Sabers,

As the House of the Rising Sun entered the planet's atmosphere, Cecilia mentally prepared herself for whatever the hell awaited them here. Jedi tended to be more annoying than anything else, though darksiders were somewhat more often a genuine threat, at least to neutral parties. In the past, she had feared the dark side, a result of an incident on Jade Moon, but now, after months as a Je'daii, she simply acknowledged its existence. Nothing more and nothing less.

She sensed the Dark side here, to her an aura that emanated sickly sweet, here so heavy that if she focused, it felt as if it were filling her mouth and clogging her nose, drowning her in power and promise. She had no doubt that Ignis's informant was correct. Something was wrong here.

Cecilia glanced to her left to check that Ignis had the ship under control, then got out of the copilot's chair.
"I'll just be a second," she said, walking out of the cockpit and down the hall until she reached the nearby pilot's quarters. She quickly went into the room she had been using, grabbed her cloak and some armor and walked back to the cockpit, returning less than a minute after she had left.

Seeing that Ignis was still fine piloting, she quickly put her bracers on, under the combat robes she was already wearing, and replaced her comfortable slippers with equally comfortable boots, essentially a higher version of her normal field boots with integrated shin armor. She then moved her sabers from their "I would like to sit down without back pain" position on her hips to the small of her back, where she preferred to keep them, and then donned her travelling cloak. The purpose of this final action was to conceal both her sabers and her combat attire. People who looked like they were up for a fight were more likely to get one, whether they wanted to or not. Cecilia erred on the side of not. Finished, she turned back to Ignis.
"Do you want to go get your armor on and I'll fly us down? Don't take too long though, I'll need your help to land and we'll be doing that soon."

Hopefully they'd soon figure out what was happening here. Then what they would do about it.

[member="Cedric Grayson"] [member="Czernon Zambrano"] [member="Darth Ophidia"] [member="Kyrel Ren"] [member="Vi Grir"] [member="Cerbera"]

Objective: Investigate
Location Upper atmohere
Allies: (Possible [member="Cecilia Wissen"] [member="Ignis Imura"] [member="Cedric Grayson"])
Enemies:[member="Kyrel Ren"] (possible [member="Sirak Tuzari"] [member="Vi Grir"] [member="Czernon Zambrano"] [member="Darth Ophidia"])

It was a sudden feeling, one that would be arbitrated to being splashed with cold water, but there was no mistaking its feeling, it was different, but Kurenai could relate this same arua to those from before the One Sith wars. Over a decade ago for some, only feeling like last week for someone as old as her, the question still arising why? what has happening now of such importance? It was something that could not just bee idly ignored, but at the same time Kurenai was not willing to go on her own, gut instinct knowing something bad would go down upon reaching the hell like world.

Though well on her way to investigate she had sent a message to [member="Darth Metus"], informing him about the current situation, though if she had to guess the odd aura and reports from the Sith Lord many spies would have already given the man everything he needed to know. The question was to be if the Viclord would act upon these messages, or allow other to play around in the matter, 'I know this will end badly, but I must see for myself, something else calls from its surface, reaching out, hopefully Metus does not see this as treason of sorts'.

The sudden jolt of returning to real space engulfed her fighter, the planet and its star system coming into plane view, the surface not looking to have changed in the past years. It seemed to be desolate from the naked eye, but throughout the force a sinister dark feeling was present, life forms of sorts crowding around its surface somewhere, 'this just keep getting more and more intriguing'.

Objective: Discover what is going on.
Allies: [member="Cecilia Wissen"],
Gear: Sword, Dagger, Gun, Armor,

I continued to fly the ship. Taking us towards the planet. Already on the ship's radar, I could catch a few unidentified vessels. It was very clear that others could feel it as well. This would not be a lone mission. Others came to destroy, or even to claim, the power that was here. Be it an army, a relic, or a nexus that could be owned, I knew that someone would be after it. Honestly, I did not know what I would do if I were to gain this power. As Cecilia came back from gathering her own items, She took over for a moment. I removed myself from the seat to quickly go to my room. Sliding on the various layers of armor that I had.

Tightening the belts and straps upon the armor so that it wouldn't move. I could already feel as my signature began to burn more brightly. The thing was, this immense power was so overwhelming, that it may hide some of the signature that I had. It would be barely a pinprick of light within the darkness. I could feel it. Calming myself, I attached my secondary belt around my waist. Sheathing my sword, and making sure to grab my pistol. Setting it into the holster upon my right thigh. The dagger was attached to the small of my back with the sword upon my left. I didn't have much in the way of weaponry. Some seemed to carry so much on them, it was a walking armory. Myself? Just my sword, a backup dagger, and a pistol should they be at longer ranges.

Fixing my gloves as I moved from the room out into the hall, I could hear a single voice. A little girl speaking to me. Drawing me inward to the planet. I was looking out of the window at the planet. Barren and seemingly empty, I could hear her voice once more. Her voice ringing ever so prideful.

"Take what belongs to you. Find it. Search for the Dragon."

Search for the Dragon? That made no sense. My Uncle was not here. His ship was nowhere near here. Even the vessels that happened to be on the ground didn't read as his. Yes he owned a Dragon as a pet, and companion. However, how could his dragon be here? Or was what I looking for, something of a Dragon? Dragons could be titles or even resembling of something.

Shaking the voice from my head, I reached the cockpit and sat down.

"Bring her down."

Getting the ship through the atmosphere, the ship landed a little ways away from the others. Should we have to hightail it, I wanted us to be away from the other ships. Mine was not meant for battle. If any tried to shoot us down, it would be difficult to get away. Even more so, I didn't wan't someone to get the bright idea to attack my ship while we were gone. Still, the ramp came down. I stood up as Cecilia finished the rest of the landing. Turning everything off as I moved to the back.

Fully prepared for a fight, but not for whatever may come next.

[member="Kurenai Yumi"], [member="Sirak Tuzari"], [member="Vi Grir"], [member="Czernon Zambrano"], [member="Cedric Grayson"], [member="Darth Ophidia"], [member="Kyrel Ren"], [member="Cerbera"], [member="Reverance"],

Objective: Take back what was truly mine.
No Allies
Enemies: Everything that it is in my way.

Deep in Ankhypt, down by the great river and banking to the right was a tower of no known importance and so off the beaten path few if any traveled near or around it, there was no need for security. Mythos stayed there for weeks on end when not training surrounded by the mystics and oracles of the Anubian race in order to unlock a power the galaxy had forgotten before the dark side of the force clouded everything in the first galactic civil war of the separatists and the republic: To Gaze and know what the future holds.

Through clairvoyance Mythos had been able to anticipate many things as of late yet one thing stood beyond his grasp... The Talisman that was around the neck of Akio, his famed warriors who he recovered during the battle of Atrisia, a talisman and weapon of Exar Khun himself that would be an indispensable tool in bringing war to the Galactic Alliance. There was only one problem, after he died in Atrisia his tools were lost, slowly he had recovered many, from his Rudis, to his skull to even his Axe and Daggers but the Talisman... the Talisman was no where to be found.

Then again... Neither were two people after the civil war, he had presumed them dead until today. The Lady of Domination Vrag and The Wrath of the Emperor Reverence. He had not connected the dots yet, not until today when in deep meditation in this black tower he saw what rumbled in selvaris, felt the beacon of the dark side of the force so familiar to him but... there was something else... something even more powerful. A smile crept on his lips, this was not to be a mission to bring the army of the Ancient Eye to bare, this was a mission only a true Lord of the Sith could accomplish.

"Get my Ship ready"

Preparations had to be made... things had to be placed in order but to this mission, in this task Mythos needed something that was equally as powerful as his talisman and whatever else might be there in the hole the vong had carved out for themselves. Two massive Anubians began to break the stone floor beneath the pyramid with massive grav hammers, inside it was a sarcophagus they began to lift. Mythos approached the dig, surrounded by the league of Anubian warriors donning his battle armor and weapons. This was a weapon best left alone... only used when the situation demanded it... when real power was needed to bring to battle. The sarcophagus was wrapped in Terentatek leather, alchemized to hide it's force signature from the galaxy and encased in several rolls of Tuk'ata leather for the same reason. They brought the massive tomb to him, ripped the leather apart and Mythos began to feel that Korriban sand upon his brow again... the secrets of the Ancient King, the screams of his spirit and the power of his most iconic weapon of all time.

He raised his hand, telekinesis removed the lid of the sarcophagus, released a red smoke made of magic meant to encase it even further, to hide the whispers of it's master. Inside was his Axe, the Axe of Adas and now for the first time and almost reluctantly Mythos was going to ride to battle with it on his back.

"Woe onto you who meets the edge of my blade this day... for i come not to liberate or to engage in combat... but to destroy those who would seek to take what is rightfully mine"

Kyrel had been agitated since Dagobah. He’d call to her in the middle of the night, and she’d run to his chambers, waving past the guards, only to find him semi-feverish, but wordless again. Needless to say, sleep also evaded Varas only because she was worried about him but did not let it show.

She was young and unattuned to the subtlety of what called to him. And if she had known perhaps she would not have been so vehement about accompanying her father.

Varas guessed the source of his frustration to be the battle between dark and light that had raged so near the Cave of Evil as the two stood, thigh-high in the swampy muck of Dagobah, facing off against the Galactic Alliance to drive them from the planet. She assumed the altercation had left her father unscathed - the Knight of Ren herself suffered broken ribs from a fall and had frequent nightmares about leeches and swamp snakes - but maybe he’d been affected psychologically.

Either way upon the Reaper, she finally worked up the courage to ask him about it. Her father’s temper was unpredictable and she still longed for the easy repartee that seemed to be a little more reachable between her peers than with Kyrel.

"Why don’t I feel what you feel?”

What is wrong with me? Why do I lack the power to be so transported by the Force?

“Will you show me what you see?”

[member="Kyrel Ren"]

[member="Darth Ophidia"]

A shake of her head, sadly.

"Had I known we were leaving for Selvaris I would have taken some canisters with Zerek Red with me." As far as Cerbera knew it had never seen full action. Oh, some mild tests here and there, but nothing spectacular like spreading it across an entire world filled with Yuuzhan Vong. It would have been amazing to study, she believed, perhaps she would return at a later time.

"Oh, well."

Some of the tea was slowly trickled into a little vial and closed off. Her eyes closed, her presence within the Force shrunk to a minuscule point, before she delved into the molecular structure of the tea.

Everything existed of the same parts once you delved deep enough.

It was as easy as breathing for her to push here, there, slowly rearranging the format, until the color of the tea evaporated in favor of deep, crimson red. "This will have to do, I suppose." She strengthened it through alchemy, making it almost bleed in the Force. Not enough to kill by itself. But if applied to an edge and seeped in? There was plenty there to cause some trouble for those on the other side of the blade.

Slowly the Sith rose, wrapping the Wraithcloak around her shoulders and stretched just a little bit.

It shimmered and as they walked off the ramp she disappeared from view.

They took the scenic route for a moment, enjoying the sights, before refocusing. More and more were joining them it seemed. The sky breaking with shuttles and other assorted small craft. "Mm, darling, company." As they walked the slope up.... two dozen of those vong, a patrol it seemed. Her blade was already out, letting it curl into thin fingers.

[member="Cerbera"]

As Cerbera disappeared from view, so did Ophidia, though by other means. She had ways of stealth that would fool even the Yuuzhan Vong. They walked, Ophidia kept her senses stretched out like tendrils, seeking the barest touch of the items she desired. It would have been exhausting had she not invested in the Embrace already. Reaching the top of the hill, she crouched down, leaning one arm on her knee.

"Yes, I can smell them from here."

She reached down into a pouch strapped to her tsairquira, then looked up at Cerbera.

"Bafforr pollen, or do you have something more extraordinary in store?"

Then again, they could always opt to follow the troop. Already now, Ophidia was judging their track in an attempt at estimating their approximate destination. It was no easy task, but there were others. By way of cross reference, they should be able to narrow it down. She already had a bead of this troop's general direction

Between those ridges. There would be hunters watching, lurking. The Vong had survived this long for a reason and it was not only their strength in straight arms.

'I can see where they are going.'

These words, she sent directly to Cerbera's mind, like the gentlest brush of thought, crystal clear in tone.

Objective: Investigate
Location Upper atmohere
Allies: (Possible [member="Cecilia Wissen"] [member="Ignis Imura"] [member="Cedric Grayson"])
Enemies:[member="Kyrel Ren"] (possible [member="Sirak Tuzari"] [member="Vi Grir"] [member="Czernon Zambrano"] [member="Darth Ophidia"])

Kurenai’s ship slowly descended through the planet’s atmosphere, many different force signatures and that ever constant calling poking her mind, like a child that would pull on their mothers clothing to remind her that they were still there, annoying but a welcome. After all being ambushed by some Sith Lord who had been keeping their eye on this planet, just waiting for the right time to strike, and though Kurenai did like a challenge she was not dumb enough to face these Sith lords head on.

She would need some sort of allies, people to temporarily team up with to take down a common threat, but where? On a planet like this the dark side seemed to envelop almost any light side force signature, she would either must be close to sense them or somehow send out a message, the latter being a flat out no, not wanting to alert the Sith to her current location. "Looks like we will be doing this the old fashion way, with eyes and ears".

Pulling the throttle, the small fighter descended lower to the planet’s surface, hovering over several spots before landing with a soft thud, a small clearing around the single seat craft as its pilot excited the cockpit. 'Now, time to wait and see, though it would not hurt to look around', after all time was of the essence, if any Jedi or grey was around she would not just stand by idly waiting, first come first serve as they always said. Keeping a hand on her sabre hilt the Energy Vampire started to stalk the planet’s surface, keeping an arm out in the force, feeling for any sudden changes that may occur.

Objective: Discover what is going on | Investigate noise
  • Nearby: [member="Vi Grir"] [member="Ignis Imura"]
Allies: Ignis Imura
Enemies: None currently

Cecilia and Ignis mounted the Je'daii speeder bikes they had stored in the ship's bay, and headed out onto the planet's surface. They were careful to maintain relatively low speeds, which, combined with the bike's luxury design, made their journey only little easier to detect than good old walking and talking. Since they were still going several times normal walking speeds, it was well worth the small tradeoff. Still, in a way, Cecilia wished they were going faster. Then the desolate landscape that surrounded her, the remnants of a planet subject to the tyranny of volcanoes for eons, would be replaced by a blur of colors. The eerie silence would have been replaced by the courageous roar of her bike's engine. Her uncertain thoughts and foreboding feelings would be replaced by a need to keep her mount under control. But that was not to be. And perhaps that was for the best.

If Cecilia had been riding her speeder as fast as she could, ignoring the world around her, then she wouldn't have heard the loud cheer that erupted from somewhere nearby. She stopped the speeder sharply, angling her body so that the repulsor-lift faced almost forward and turning the bike in a viciously sharp crescent. It stopped almost immediately. Cecilia couldn't help smiling to herself. She wasn't the best pilot, but a Trandoshan pilot had taught her that one, and she had executed the maneuver perfectly. Ignis, who had been in the lead, pulled up next to her.

"I heard some sort of exclamation from 8:30-- well 2:30 now," she said, indicating the direction with her hand. "Shall we go?" With that, Cecilia and Ignis presumably headed off towards the nearby sound, which they would soon discover had been Vong patrol which had been excited and misled in equal measure.

Kyrel could feel his offspring's frustration as the landing cycle was activated, the craft hovering over the ruined landscape, as Varas spoke making her frustrations clear on how could Kyrel can hear the call of the dark side and she can't. Kyrel looked at her with a stoic expression, speaking as if a Master was scolding his student. "The darkness calls to us all my daughter. All you must do is reach out, listen to its call, let it guide you to what you seek. All you have to do is listen." He said as he grabbed his mask, putting it over his head and with a snap-hiss, the red irises of the mask lit up. Kyrel then continued, the core world accent replaced by a harsh and metallic baritone through his mask. "Patience.. Varas, a wise master does not reveal all his secrets, and in time you will achieve true power. Always remember patience."

The reaper set down and the ramp lowered on the cold dirt floor, with each step Kyrel took, he could feel the cold darkness call to him, and all the while Kyrel had wanted to answer that call. He soon would, and soon he would claim what was on this rock for the Supreme Leader. Anyone that stood in his way, as he could very well sense several signatures light and dark, would not stand against him. He clenched his fists in anger cursing himself for the others that had arrived.

As Kyrel looked around, he could feel eyes on him, pulling his saber out he looked to Varas. "Be wary, we not only do we have company coming and im afraid the locals might not be so welcoming." His last words were laced with a certain excitement as if he was eager to face all his enemies and defeat them. Still, he remained on his guard, hearing strange sounds all around him, he reached out with the force and followed the darkness that called to him.

[member="Cecilia Wissen"] [member="Vi Grir"] [member="Kurenai Yumi"] [member="Ignis Imura"] [member="Cedric Grayson"] @Cebera [member="Mythos"] [member="Sirak Tuzari"] [member="Cecilia Wissen"] [member="Darth Ophidia"] [member="Varas Kyrel"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom