Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Discussion What's Your End Goal?

AvRe

I didn't really know where to put this, so I guess it should go here.The question is simple; what's your end goal on swrp?

I've been on here for a long time, I've met lots of very interesting writers. I remember one guy, someone who was a true and dear friend of mine telling me about his project on the site. He would make a custom race and it would wreak havoc on the galaxy. I went away before I got to see that with my own eyes, but needless to say, he certainly succeeded.

Recently I've been thinking about that a lot, but to get to the point, it made me think about the endgame for me on this site. While I know not everyone on here has that kind of idea, I know a few personally that do.

Mine is simple. When all the factions I'm apart of slow done, and I'm not needed any more, I'm going to retire all of my characters. I'll give them proper endings, happy or sad. Then I'll create a new character, some sort of company man, then spend the rest of my time creating open-market tech subs.

Sorry if this seems weird, I've just been in a somber mood recently.

My end goal with each of my characters is different.

For Glar Ulchtar Glar Ulchtar , my end goal is to have him become the new leader of the Pyke Syndicate and/or a self taught Sith Lord.

For Wendell Mortimer Glolmark Wendell Mortimer Glolmark , my end goal is to get revenge on the Galactic Alliance, and expand the Glolmark Corporation across the Outer Rim.

For General Xalax , my end goal is to use brain chips to control all organic life in the Galaxy. (This one probably will not happen obviously.)

It's not that weird, this is something I've thought about as well. The thing about Chaos is, you're technically never finished with it all unless you control the urge to create new characters and focus on completing your current roster of stories. I never planned on staying here forever, but I've found that it can become a never-ending cycle if you don't concentrate your efforts on something.

I don't participate in major factions all that much, so for me, my "endgame" is to complete all the current arcs I have going for my PCs, and then retire them. I want to finish their stories in a way that feels satisfying, whether that means killing them off, or coming up with an ending to their story where I no longer have a drive to write them anymore and am content with where they wound up. For instance, I retired my character Errik Nimdok with him having completed his main goal (find and deal with the man who kidnapped his daughter). He's now retired from his job and lives quietly with his family, writing history books.

If you're asking what I plan to do "after Chaos", I figured I'd just get bored with RP eventually and move on to something else.

I really don't have end goals for my characters in terms of where the story ends, but I do have stuff I want for my characters as they're older and stronger. I tend to start my characters off at the bottom of the barrel so to speak, and develop them through RP. I never liked the idea of starting out with a grizzled veteran or jedi master.

For Gwyn, I really want her to just be happy at the end of her arch. Loving family and friends, a whole family with no more tragedy. I also want her to get way stronger with the Force (ascend from apprentice level to knight and master.) I hope she'll become a grey Force User who can resist the dark side's corruption. Also hoping she'll have a definitive, signature place in the Mandalorian Enclave as someone to be looked up to. Of course, my thing is to write her from rock bottom to this high point, and I have no idea how she'll get there. But that's the fun of it! And of course, writing a more mature and grown up Gwyneira Krayt as a role model to Foundlings is bound to be fantastic as well!

For Aoki Mira, I really have no clue, but I do hope she'll have a happy ending as well.

I hate unhappy endings man, lol!

In terms of general, "member of Chaos" goals, my end game is to simply maintain a space that my friends and more can enjoy great stories in.

In terms of character goals, Darth Metus' end goal is to be a good spouse, father/father figure - as he never had any of those things. Most of what he does in community building stems from the gaping hole in his own life.

AvRe

For me primarily, especially when it comes to my more conflicted characters, I love bitter-sweet endings. my goal for Avery is pretty simple but has a lot of impact if you know the character. His entire journey has essentially been a mercenary becoming more and more human. He's realized the error of his ways and is trying to fix them. I want him to be martyred, going out while finally rectifying all the mistakes he's made, being remembered by his soldiers.

For another character of mine, Martin, I have something similar but more poetic. Martin is a grey jedi who traveled the galaxy, teaching the force-sensitives of it. His problem has been keeping them all on the right track, but most of them fell to the Darkside. Now he has a force order in the Elysium Empire, teaching them to remain neutral to the force. Sadly, that's failing too, with them becoming too much like jedi. There's more to it than that, but it would take a while to explain.

By the way, great responses all around! Thanks for replying!

Emberlene's Daughter, The Jedi Generalist
There is an endgame?

I honestly have no ideas... I write a character and see what happens until I lose itnerest and then don't retire them.. they might get inspiration sometime down the line. Much of the fun is seeing what can happen with them like Matsu and Hanna Ike Hanna Ike marraige and their children.

Meanwhile Junko is heavy fo improving upon and expanding Atrisia while my main sith Balaya has her firebirds

It's an interesting question to think about, although my answer is probably boring. I guess my personal end goal is just to write until I don't enjoy it anymore. A few years ago, I'd have probably said I'd kept writing regardless of how enjoyable it was, cause I felt the interactions with other folks that write here were rewarding enough in and of themselves. Nowadays I'm not really active among any Chaos discord groups or whatever atm so that's less of relevance now, but the broader concept is still there.

I suppose that would also extend to whatever goals I have in mind for actual characters, which means I don't really have any? I haven't written any characters enough to where I felt there was nothing left to be told, or that it was time to shelve them entirely, though I suppose that would be the point to reach.

But really it's secondary, cause why keep writing if it becomes unenjoyable? At that point I don't care much about wrapping up character arcs or reaching some perceived goal because it's not actually providing me anything. Tbh I figured I was already at that point a few months ago, but the itch to write came back and I'm glad to say I'm enjoying it more now than I have in a while! So that's cool ig.

Venn is such a thrilling character to write, because the number of 'end-goals' with him is huge, and I might very well accomplish all of them or none of them.

As a start, I'd like to return the Sith Empire as the dominant galactic superpower under the rule of Maliphant or Carnifex, whoever's down, and break the militaristic power of the Ashlan Crusade. There are several Sith holy sites whose planets I'd like to conquer, and one day it'd be fun to write a masterwork on the philosophy and virtues of the Sith religion. A book. Maybe a series. 12 books at the most. Oh, and there's several Sith academies and temples I'd like to open on various worlds.

There's a whole galaxy of things to work towards, and no shortage of enemies standing in his way. Writing a Sith is just pure undiluted fun.

I'd say the ultimate endgame for my characters Maple and Laertia, is to overcome the Psychological hold their former master The Amalgam still holds on them (though it will cost them dearly to do so: They both cannot help but love her, so bringing an end to her will cause them both considerable emotional pain in spite of what a monster she is--its sorta like if you had to stake a loved one who had become a vampire. Sure, you don't want to, but it's either that or everyone else including yourself suffers), tying everything up with my other characters in the process in what has become a very interwoven story. After that, do mainly a bunch of private threads that fill in the gaps where needed or possible. As for their faction, we will see

Madison Starr

M
Fashion Souls.

...Oh, and the ubiquitous use of wildly unnecessary commas in largely unflattering and grievously tedious run-on sentences, mostly. Avoiding those. I mean. Tsk. See, there, I did it again. Damn. So naughty. When will I ever learn. Oh poo.

:p

Kerzo Swifty

K
I've just started to build on the bones of this character. At the outset he's a straight-up racer, out for creds & glory. At some point, he's going to find out he's Force sensitive, which is going to cause him to wonder if he's had an unfair advantage this whole time. I see him spending some time with someone much wiser than himself, and honestly am not sure where his story's going to go from there. If everything's tied to the Force, then is letting the Force guide him really cheating, or just trusting? Does his future lie outside of racing? Perish the thought, but who knows?

AvRe

Tefka Tefka

Sometimes I forget the great and mighty Tefka is a roleplayer. If you don't mind me asking, do you have any stand out moments from writing? Like an RP you remember very well.

No 'endgame' in specific because I'm still waiting for the midgame to happen. I'm not plotting to let Hild be recognized as a Sith Acolyte in any specific rp or with any specific partner because I want it to be more... organic and surprising. So my only rp goal for her is just to ride the chaos storm and see how far I can get before someone goes 'Wait a minute I saw that'.

When that happens I'll see where it leads me and follow the sith tradition of backstabbing masters

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom