Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Discussion What's Your End Goal?

I just started writing here but I can see my character arc focusing heavily on becoming a Sith Lord while also trying to “eliminate” the voices that haunt him. I don’t know what exactly that’ll entail but I can see it being a psychological battle that’ll probably involve the help of any allies Matthias obtains through his adventuring.

In terms of characters:

Cristan Dins: Eradicate, or at the very least, be a part of the eradication of the New Republic and the Resistance.

CD-9: Find someone to travel the galaxy with.

In terms of this site in general, my end goal is to just be a member for as long as I can.

Ok fine I got into detail on my plans for each of my active characters:

• Kai will either accept his nature as a Sithspawn or find a way to undo it somehow, then maybe I'll do a more traditional Jedi Knight arc for him. Or possibly a Sith arc.
  • Ishani will become a healer, find a sense of belonging or something, finally get Arcturus to put a ring on it.
  • Starlin will become a Jedi Master eventually, probably fall more into a teacher role training the next generation of students. If I kill him off, it'll happen while he's saving people on a forgotten world, though it'll be a quiet subdued affair that goes unnoticed by the rest of the galaxy rather than a grand act of heroism for the ages.
  • Percival will destroy The Amalgam The Amalgam or die trying. There's also some wacky droid subplots I've always wanted to explore with a character like this, including his overwhelming desire to be able to feel the Force somehow.

Drink. Smoke. Burn things. Blow up another moon. Make myself and my writer laugh ... maybe others too.
Track down all of the Isley Verd spawn and take him to court for child support. Pro Bono of course. Torment a certain jedi investigator.
And set osik on fire. Can't stress that enough.

Tbh I don't really see myself ending Samnai Rouber Samnai Rouber 's journey, she will probably move through the galaxy and create new stories. I am too attached to leave her lol

That being said, if I had to give her an ending it would be a very happy one, probably make her retire from crime and settle into a peaceful life.

Elpsis learns of her clone Kyriaki and goes back to the hellhole planet that caused her such pain to save her. And faces her own demons in the process and make a contribution towards undermining its tyrannical rulers. Kyriaki helps her get more settled so she's not so easily pushed around by Firemane and the Kerrigan dynasty and can use her status as 'Fire Princess' more productively without getting absorbed by the system. Maybe reconciles with Siobhan...a little bit. Or not.

Eventually dies in battle, as she frankly expects to (and in a way craves). It'll probably be dramatic, but in the greater scheme of things she's just another casualty in a war that started long before she was born and will continue after she perishes. Firemane makes another jingoistic propaganda movie that presents an idealised Elpsis with only a superficial resemblance to the real thing. Kyriaki carries on her work (amusingly I once wrote a blog post about that on a whim).

Last edited:
I try and play it by ear for most of them. When a post comes along that kills or ends a character it's usually organic. They have important aspects to the character, which either develop or die out adding to this.

When I have written them long enough, they usually have enough pieces to exist for a long time, whereas others are just written for one faction and when that faction ends its run they tend to lose the muse, until a similar storyline comes along again.

Kei is either set for sunset ending with a large family, dead when the Kashyyyk temple falls to a Darkside faction, or ending in a pvp post that fits. He almost did when he lost his leg, but there was a great post from another writer than changed the outcome.

The paradox is with more connections, family, or history to the character it carries more weight when they go, but there is also more reason for them to stick around and be written.

NPC’s NPCs

Narrative account for Nomadic Peoples Coalition
Hm… I love ships. I’ve been building ships in my mind since I was a preteen. My main thing is to make my ships feel as real to others as they do to me.

I've been thinking a lot about this lately because of one extremely famous and moderately difficult game called Elden Ring. Without spoilers there was a moment at the end of the game where I just stopped and looked around asking my self "was this even worth it?" (And that's not even the first time From Soft has done that. Stop playing with my emotions!)

In essence, my endgame for Kyyrk is to have him answer that very question. Was it all worth it? As some of the folks reading this may know, Kyyrk was a Sith in the days before Chaos, and as such did some rather heinous things. But unlike most Sith, his intentions were noble. Didn't make living with it any easier, but he did what he had to do for the sake of the galaxy. And now, in light of recent events, he's wandering the galaxy trying to find the answer to that question. The Force is calling him to a virtually insurmountable task, the kind that gets the word "destiny" thrown around. And it's up to him to figure out if it's worth it.

Like Darth Metus Darth Metus said in his post, Kyyrk is also haunted by an abysmal family life, and is hopeful that one day he can make things right. But at the same time, he's gripped by the fear that events of the past will continually repeat themselves. He struggles with what he wants, versus what The Force wants for him. I won't go into detail for sake of spoilers, but Kyyrk's endgame is to one day be able to say "yes, it was all worth it." And, like other people have observed, Chaos is akin to Star Trek. The adventures only end when contracts are up or the writers go home. So while Kyyrk will likely not have the moment of finality he deserves on Chaos, at some point I'll probably write the director's cut of his story, and allow his story to end when and where it makes sense.

Second King of The Elysium Empire
For Rex? Conquer as much of the map as possible while making a very cool story with my Chaos friends.

For Sethrak, eventually I want to make a comeback of The Bryn'adul, but that'll be a while.

The rest of my people don't really have an endgame...they just go where the wind takes them. They're mostly pawns for my faction but on the other hand I've had some pretty cool tales pop up with them. Tales I certainly never planned or expected.

Ok fine I got into detail on my plans for each of my active characters:

• Kai will either accept his nature as a Sithspawn or find a way to undo it somehow, then maybe I'll do a more traditional Jedi Knight arc for him. Or possibly a Sith arc.
  • Ishani will become a healer, find a sense of belonging or something, finally get Arcturus to put a ring on it.
  • Starlin will become a Jedi Master eventually, probably fall more into a teacher role training the next generation of students. If I kill him off, it'll happen while he's saving people on a forgotten world, though it'll be a quiet subdued affair that goes unnoticed by the rest of the galaxy rather than a grand act of heroism for the ages.
  • Percival will destroy The Amalgam The Amalgam or die trying. There's also some wacky droid subplots I've always wanted to explore with a character like this, including his overwhelming desire to be able to feel the Force somehow.

It's interesting revisiting this two months later and seeing how much I accomplished (Kai found a way to undo his Sithspawn nature), how much I decided not to do (Ishani is now beginning a Dark Side arc), and how much I'm still working on (Percival's war against the Amalgam has ramped up) or have yet to reach (Starlin isn't a true teacher yet, though I still want him to fulfill that role eventually).

I guess it goes to show just how much can happen in a relatively short amount of time - although I suppose two months is a year or so IC, so maybe it isn't that surprising.

I could say a lot, but going on seven years with this character there is only one word for it. Control, Kyrel Ren above all else desires control in his life of something, he desires power overall, and if it means the destruction of the galaxy and all life as a form of control he would have it. He has always served the will and grand designs of others, but could never achieve the same control they held, and he has wanted such for a long time.

Second King of The Elysium Empire
Following Ishani Dinn Ishani Dinn 's answer, I want to add that, in one year writing as Sethrak, I worked my way up from footsoldier, to traitor, to leader of all the warlocks, and now leader of all the Bryn'adul.

Moral of the story: Sometimes going with the flow is the best option. Not having an endgame can be really fun

Be careful what you wish for.
For everyone to realize that Tegan created this reality and everything in it is hers to manipulate and bend to her will. That you are all her slaves and playthings you all dance for her amusement. That you have no free will , so dance monkeys dance!!!
Only because we're boys and have been for a long time:

happy-monkey.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom