Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Question What SWRP Rule drives you crazy? Want it gone?

Do you think the rules could use an overhaul?

• Nah. Srina is bonkers for asking.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • About dang time! Heck ya.

Votes: 8 24.2%
  • ...I clicked for this?

Votes: 3 9.1%
  • I'm glad Staff is looking at this, but, I don't really have an opinion.

Votes: 17 51.5%
  • Why is Staff looking at this when they could be giving me more post bits...

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • BRB off to watch Ashoka.

Votes: 1 3.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm old school dark ages of SW rpg and have a very live and let live to most things. I believe you only need the four core rules for ic rp.

1. No godmoding
2. No metagaming
3. No maiming or killing without permission
4. No called shots or controlling another players actions unless agreed upon.

OOC rules have to be adaptable and change with certain circumstances that may arise you cant always predict what the next problematic thing will happen until it does.

That said one thing I would change if I could. Again I'm old so bios were never a requirement in the ancient past but I understand there place. I would however personally remove inventory as a required field as load outside can change thread to thread and so long as your writing partners know what you have I dont think it should really matter.

Also I was never a big fan of banning or restricting things especially if they were in canon or legends. With the exception of super weapons.

Aculia Voland

Protecting her children from the shadows.
You know I was thinking another cool way to encourage SSDs to be used(and lost) would be a new MF mandate called Powerful Admiralty or something like that where instead of a hex like Hyperlane Trader you could get an SSD and you can balance it out by adding some downside to the mandate IE can't invade that month or can only do one Dominion.

You know I was thinking another cool way to encourage SSDs to be used(and lost) would be a new MF mandate called Powerful Admiralty or something like that where instead of a hex like Hyperlane Trader you could get an SSD and you can balance it out by adding some downside to the mandate IE can't invade that month or can only do one Dominion.
Hmm... We'd have to think about this one but that's a fun idea.

I'll echo Cay-Yo Cay-Yo then, because they bring up a fair point imo. I don't have much of a horse in this race (I don't typically employ droids or vehicles outside of starships) but I do see where there's a bit of a headcanon-y vision going on in the rules that don't actually align with what's in actual canon or legends.

Yep!

At the end of the day, the faction makes the same amount of posts, so it's an equal amount of work. It's just hard to do 3 dominions because we're also wanting other thread types, especially now that junctions and invasions are coming back again.

I personally also like seeing dominions hit more than 30 post minimums. That Hapes dominion I mentioned had people actually write and complete their stories, which is worth a lot to me too. So it's cool if that is rewarded as well.

With the removal of post counts this suggestion has to be placed on hold for the time being. It doesn't make sense to add them here when it doesn't exist at all anymore. Apologies, it wasn't on the table when I was looking into it. (Same thing with a couple of suggestions....But things are a changin!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom