Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Discussion What do you want to see on the board?

Yeah, I think we tried to do something on an annual basis. We had a check-in of sorts for minor factions.

Not only was it the restoring issue that came up, but some people do use minor factions as their storage houses of information. The only other time we tried something different was archiving... but then that's a massive chore and another item to keep up with.

Unless we wanted to do like... an active minor faction fair ... or a version of highlighted active minor faction that said minor faction can nominate themselves for review and get it highlighted on the Faction page or forum?

Valiens Nantaris and some first era admins (maybe Cira) can remember we used to do this.

The problem became extremely macro, though. We’d wipe after a year of inactivity. And almost immediately, someone would hit us up for restoral. It was actual insane and not a contained, rare issue. Similar to how so many people never moved their image hosting off of discord even after we warned them months ahead of time, people just hoarded information and such in factions. And we found out how many real fast, lol. It really weirded me out tbh, but at a certain point its like, we were punishing too many people with data loss to justify deleting minor factions. We didnt really need to continue.

Plus, I’m lazy. This is a hobby for me. I’m just simply not gonna spend all my time either cleaning up messes or explaining why things sre gone. Cause ai

It’s just hard to figure out which minor factions are active so gravitating towards the majors turns into the only known way to find people. Or it keeps people from being able to try their hand at an established Star Wars group because you don’t want to be a dick and make a faction that already exists even if it’s sitting there inactive.

But I get ya. If it’s a pain in the butt there is no sense in taking it on.

It’s just hard to figure out which minor factions are active so gravitating towards the majors turns into the only known way to find people. Or it keeps people from being able to try their hand at an established Star Wars group because you don’t want to be a dick and make a faction that already exists even if it’s sitting there inactive.

But I get ya. If it’s a pain in the butt there is no sense in taking it on.
My advice to figure it out is to go to the faction page and look at the members of the faction. With dead minor factions, if you go to the profile of the faction owner, they will probably not have posted to anything related to the faction in some time.

So look to see if they have any faction threads they have been posting to. If they haven't for months and you see no threads with their faction name popping up anywhere, it's likely inactive

My advice to figure it out is to go to the faction page and look at the members of the faction. With dead minor factions, if you go to the profile of the faction owner, they will probably not have posted to anything related to the faction in some time.

So look to see if they have any faction threads they have been posting to. If they haven't for months and you see no threads with their faction name popping up anywhere, it's likely inactive

That’s what I did end up doing and it does help with the confusion but the other issue is then you can’t really do that faction. Take Black Sun for examples. People are in here saying criminals would be cool, some even mentioned Black Sun, but we can’t give it a shot because it already exists … but it’s just sitting there. Sure you can get super creative and make a new name for the exact same thing but it’s less authentic because it’s not the actual Star Wars group.

Honestly it’s a very minor complaint and I don’t want to come off as being mean to any faction. I was just using Black Sun as an example. I’m overall very happy and I get why the staff don’t want to deal with this.

But also, I will warn u

Most minor factions are solo adventures. Hopefuls led by people without the charisma to execute their vision.

Most minor factions with the rizz go Major. Why not? More story opportunities. Way more.

So i think you will find true minor factions are, as i have always said, in the minority and not as important as some might want them to be.

But also, I will warn u

Most minor factions are solo adventures. Hopefuls led by people without the charisma to execute their vision.

Most minor factions with the rizz go Major. Why not? More story opportunities. Way more.

So i think you will find true minor factions are, as i have always said, in the minority and not as important as some might want them to be.

I understand. Honestly if we are just more creative we can sleuth out who’s doing what and we can be inventive with names and make our own versions of inactive things. It was a minor complaint and I do now understand why it’s done this way so thank you.

Unless we wanted to do like... an active minor faction fair ... or a version of highlighted active minor faction that said minor faction can nominate themselves for review and get it highlighted on the Faction page or forum?

How tf did we TWIST two unrelated conversations into “do a member of the month, Staff”, “do a minor faction of the month, Tef”

In the span of like 4 days

What is wrong with you people

MY SIGNATURE SAYS BE THE CHANGE YOU WANT TO SEE

NOT ASK STAFF TO DO IT FOR YOU

GOD HOW PERFECT WOULD THIS WORLD BE IF STAFF JUST DID EVERYTHING, CIRA

RELEASE ME FROM THIS

EDIT: YOU CAN ALREADY CLICK ON MINOR FACTIONS AND SORT BY RECENT ACTIVITY AND THERES EVEN LIKE 12 CATEGORIES FOR DIFFERENT TYPES, ALSO DEFAULT SORTED BY ACTIVITY

THIS ISNT MY FAULT THEY JUST AINT ACTIVE IM SORRY BUT ITS NOT ME

How tf did we TWIST two unrelated conversations into “do a member of the month, Staff”, “do a minor faction of the month, Tef”

In the span of like 4 days

What is wrong with you people

MY SIGNATURE SAYS BE THE CHANGE YOU WANT TO SEE

NOT ASK STAFF TO DO IT FOR YOU

GOD HOW PERFECT WOULD THIS WORLD BE IF STAFF JUST DID EVERYTHING, CIRA

RELEASE ME FROM THIS

EDIT: YOU CAN ALREADY CLICK ON MINOR FACTIONS AND SORT BY RECENT ACTIVITY AND THERES EVEN LIKE 12 CATEGORIES FOR DIFFERENT TYPES, ALSO DEFAULT SORTED BY ACTIVITY

THIS ISNT MY FAULT THEY JUST AINT ACTIVE IM SORRY BUT ITS NOT ME

It’s okay. Get something to eat and it will be okay.

One thing i’d like to see: While i’m all for collaboration (things should definitely be collaborative, and the narrative should be prioritized) I’d like to get back to organic character/faction relations and reactions and step away a bit from the pre-planned plots.

I think it gets stale when the narrative has been plotted out at each point, and people just file in.

While I think there’s a space for it in some areas to have parameters, if its a constant I think it removes the organic ability to really build a moment for your faction/character.

Things have to be exciting all around, and writers should be able to add their two scents as well in building the excitement, while carving out their way to having some sort of impact on the plot too.

Last edited:
tbh having a group that isn't strictly tied to any of the usual SW factions (i.e; Sith, Jedi, Mando, etc) but instead is a more socioeconomic movement based in the material conditions of the average person, the people who're probably resentful of the various powers that be that have constantly caused them grief in one way or another, is more of what I'd be looking for - but it's also something I'd want to do myself when I have more than a single day every 2 weeks off.

I would love more of this. Even further to add, if there were some factions that were Houses/Families/Clans that would fight against one another. Not directly good, or evil in those terms, but just groups that are allied only because of familial/loyalty to a name or cause that is birthed from what is owned in a materialistic view.

Yooo this is based. Imagine Sith houses fighting each other

Shadow Hand
Top Poster Of Month
I don’t care what activity goes on as long as people are having fun. But I love to see new, inventive, creative major factions on the scene. We’ve had stuff like the Bryn’adul, Rimward Trade League, Metal Lords iirc. I love seeing them succeed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom