Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Discussion What do you want to see on the board?

Smeagol is free
Reading through things so far, what I'm seeing is the following:

Most folks want the more gritty stories: Rebels vs Imps, underworld vibes and the like.

Almost the same amount of folks want to see morally grey entities especially along the line of corpos. Why not band together in a way? I love how Rulonom Laborr Rulonom Laborr has his fingers in every pie, just like the OG CW Trade Federation. And if you actually look at the CW - the Trade Fed was EVERYWHERE. Wherever a Jedi or Republican went digging, they found the Trade Fed somewhere behind it. It was the backbone of the CIS for a reason. So still write your corporation, but maybe apply the same kind of tactics. Or fold everything under a greater umbrella. Back a Confederacy or something.

There is also a lot of room for Anti-FU stuff - let's see more of the Unblessed or the Open Hand. That's always a solid and I can solidly see that coinciding with the bigger conflict for sure.

An extragalactic invasion would be awesome. It's definitely niche, but if executed right, can be so cool. Tathra Khaeus Tathra Khaeus did have the Bryn-Xaelesh Protectorate that sort of started before life happened. Would be awesome if we can see something similar actually kick off and be a thing.

What I am also seeing, however, is a lot of jaded outlooks and this is exactly why I raised this topic. I've spent 4 years listening to people being so sure nothing will change, that they almost do things half-heartedly. They expect to be eclipsed and that is the big issue I have and what drove me to finally do this.

Those that know me, know I don't do eggshells so I'll be the one to say it:

The elitism on the board needs to stop. It's really squashing those who want to realise all of the things discussed so far. I see the trend in it and it's actually sad that people feel so disillusioned. That they feel that they have to go to different smaller corners to just write some of the things they really want to. Not everyone has the forceful personalities and they get completely eclipsed by a select few and are too nice to actually say it. It is really sad for me to see some of that come out now while discussing what they really want to see.

So let's see more of what people want to write. Say what you want to see. And you don't have to fear being shot down. You don't have to fear reprisal in some shape or form. All opinions are valid and should see some light of day. Take Corbin Vasher Corbin Vasher 's spin on an Arthurian/Prince that was Promised kind of prophecy, for example, that could also possibly go some where.

Shouldn't we start paying more attention to new factions or threads or LFGs popping up? I know for a fact Public threads don't have the reputation they used to have. There are great little stories cropping up and more peeps need to pay attention to it. Things can only be made a bigger thing if more people joined an effort for it.

Let's see more things people want to write. I definitely love reading them and want to see them happen. Who know, I might even come out of retirement to make one of the tings happen.

Shouldn't we start paying more attention to new factions or threads or LFGs popping up? I know for a fact Public threads don't have the reputation they used to have. There are great little stories cropping up and more peeps need to pay attention to it. Things can only be made a bigger thing if more people joined an effort for it

This is something I have noticed as well, which seems quite odd. When I first joined, public threads and LFG's were given more attention than they are now, where they are often regarded as secondary spaces for roleplay if no one wants to roleplay with you. People often just directly message you through a faction discord or engage in plotlines behind the scenes.

So plots go unnoticed and potentially interested members don't appear.

I miss the ‘great houses’ rp I had the chance of writing for a bit when I just started writing here :’(
I would love more of this. Even further to add, if there were some factions that were Houses/Families/Clans that would fight against one another. Not directly good, or evil in those terms, but just groups that are allied only because of familial/loyalty to a name or cause that is birthed from what is owned in a materialistic view.

Two things come to mind on my end.

1: More cult/arcane/chthonic stuff. There are so many esoteric things within the world of Star Wars that have yet to be tapped(the Five, the Bedlam Spirits, the Fellowship of Kooroo, the Charon and Otherspace, the Order of the Terrible Glare, etc), yet to see the normativity of the Jedi and particularly the Sith, who are often so based around the same One Sith/BoD/Rule of Two structure has really staled my experience at least with these FU factions. Occasionally there’s something new and interesting(the Three of the Maw, the Ashlan Crusade, or even the Silver Jedi if we really stretch), but it does feel like much of what’s out there is essentially retelling the same story over and over again instead of either building off past stories or looking for something new to involve in future tales.

2: A major event. I came in at the tail end of the Omni event and was an active participant in most everything from the Dark Harvest event to the Akala trilogy of events, which was incredibly fun and whose impact still hits my character today, to the Netherworld. I’d genuinely like to see some means of getting together to have an event like that where there are galaxy-affecting changes and an overarching storyline that draws in the site’s writers to collaboratively develop a grandiose grimoire’s worth of quality story. With Tef and co not doing it anymore, I’m admittedly not sure who would be the person or people to talk to about that, however.

That’s my two cents in this.

I'd love to see more of the silly stuff!

The heist where all the meticulous planning goes out the window, the dinner parties where the big focus of tension lies in social faux pas rather than who's poisoning who, the rag-tag group that really shouldn't fit together but surprise, they're best friends... I know beach threads get flack but boy oh boy does seeing characters in more mundane scenarios make them feel more like characters rather than dejarik pieces. I know I fall into the habit of trying to establish a very specific (often horror or mysticism-based) tone, but what I'd like more than anything is to just be a funky lil fella. Does anyone want a jester?

I'm also a sucker for social minutiae as a whole. I know that's far from everyone's cup of tea but I really like being able to tell a character's station based off how other characters react to them and being able to play off of it.

Activity. I don't care what the story is, I don't care if it's goofy or serious or the best damn story you'll never see on screen; I just want to see it being written. I love activity. I don't hesitate to throw in on stories that are active; well, I didn't. Life is getting real busy for me so I've been slowing down (doesn't seem like it but I have.)

But this has been a thing for years. Wildly I'm actually on the other side of this whole thing now, given I'm writing with the Alliance. I was the one with the [Grey Jedi, Sith Assassins, Chiss Ascendancy, and many other small, niche ideas inserted here] posting threads like this trying to figure out the appeal of these big brand classic stories. The answer is pretty simple I've learned; it's classical. Some people think classical is dated, old, bland. But it will never stop being played, it will never disappear, and more people than you think enjoy it to the point where it's still being played en mass in theaters every day.

Gimme that activity so I can stalk your stories and enjoy a good read. And don't care about being big or small. That's the biggest problem I always had trying to do those super niche stories/with groups that didn't have many. I set up myself thinking I'd get all kinds of people and when I didn't, I jumped ship and did something else. Let me see that activity and enjoyment to write.

Also crime I fucking love crime.

Thank you Avelion Avelion for starting this. I’ve been wanting to ask this for a week but I’ve been too scared to post it. I got really excited when I saw someone did.

I personally want to see more criminal stuff. I was looking into crime syndicates and Brando Gora type stuff and it looks really cool. I poked the owner of Black Sun but I don’t think that faction is around sadly.

Which brings me to my next thought. I’d love to see clear cutting of inactive minor factions. It’s really hard to tell which ones are active so I never know what my options are. I did some sleuthing and if you pay attention and ask it’s easy enough to figure out but it would be cool to actually see factions get deleted if they go stale so someone else can try or at least know what there is to do. It’s hard because they all have discords so you can’t even tell from the forums sometimes.

Edit:

One thing I think would be really cool is a cops and robbers type faction. Criminals could gain a notoriety with a most wanted list and we could have Jedi investigators or cops or whoever actively trying to round them up. Then criminals would get a chance to shine because we would be plastering their faces everywhere and going after them FBI style.

Last edited:
Another thing I'll add to this as a mini gripe, but can we maybe not have the same people winning the same battles all the time? Not calling anyone out in particular, just a running gag I've seen personally.

They haven’t. This is just tunnel vision. Staff has been tracking the concessions obviously, in the era of “we want more predetermined outcomes”, but there’s not one group dominating the IC W’s on the battlefield.

OOC, its obvious GA has turned a specialty in brokering a majority of the Invasion/Junction deals, so that may be where your perception stems? But can you really blame them, most people are having fun with them leading a lot of the OOC discussions these past few months. If it aint toxic and everyone’s having a good time, it would be incumbent upon even me to encourage it to continue.

Unless you mean on a character level, then I can’t really help you. People will always people. If I cant control them, no one here can.

To piggyback off of Zef Halo Zef Halo , Star Wars Roleplay, ideally.

To piggback off the guys who’re too cool to write more than one sentence that added nothing to the conversation, I’d personally want more Public Forum RPs that GET FINISHED.

I roleplayed for like 2 months this year and every day it felt like everyone abandoned a thread I was still interested in.

Put down the tiktoks guys its giving your ADH too much D.

I haven’t been on the site in like 5 or 6 years at this point, but even back the map game was the major driving point of most RP. Like some have already said, it’s called Star Wars for a reason.

Thats said, I never got involved much with that stuff. I always had a handful of people to write with and we focused on personal stories. Sometimes they intersected with map game stuff, but typically we ignored factions and just wrote what we want.

We did a whole horror themed story based on Dead Space that was cool. A lot of crime/heist/space mafia stuff that I mainly focused on back then. And of course typical “friend A falls to the dark side while friends B and C try to turn them back or put them down”.

You just have to find people that like the RP you do and focus on that.

All that aside: For this character I actually did want to get involved in the major war stories since I’ve never delved that deep into it. I also kinda like the idea of Galactic Politics. Moffs and Senators, Planetary Governors or Kings, and just generally more intrigue based RP.

It’s been harder than I thought to launch the character, typically because just making a character and having them automatically be a part of a faction never sat right with me. I’m sure it’ll work out though.

I’d personally want more Public Forum RPs that GET FINISHED.

Yeah, this bit. It is hard to get a public Rp to get to a conclusion because interest wanes as the next flavor of the week big rp comes along.

Either one has to be the constant prodder to remind people to post, or they have to write themselves out just to get a conclusion.

I'm trying to think of solutions, but the only thing I can think of is the OP trying to limit the thread to a max of four people to keep them from posting -- but then one is limiting RP for others.

It is a conundrum.

Unless we have like ... a First reply version but with only a max of four people as an option but i think that can also be done the same way with a public prefix and a notice on the top that hey... only limited to the first four chars to reply to it.

I'll ponder a bit more.

I’d love to see clear cutting of inactive minor factions. It’s really hard to tell which ones are active so I never know what my options are. I did some sleuthing and if you pay attention and ask it’s easy enough to figure out but it would be cool to actually see factions get deleted

Valiens Nantaris Valiens Nantaris and some first era admins (maybe Cira Cira ) can remember we used to do this.

The problem became extremely macro, though. We’d wipe after a year of inactivity. And almost immediately, someone would hit us up for restoral. It was actual insane and not a contained, rare issue. Similar to how so many people never moved their image hosting off of discord even after we warned them months ahead of time, people just hoarded information and such in factions. And we found out how many real fast, lol. It really weirded me out tbh, but at a certain point its like, we were punishing too many people with data loss to justify deleting minor factions. We didnt really need to continue.

Plus, I’m lazy. This is a hobby for me. I’m just simply not gonna spend all my time either cleaning up messes or explaining why things sre gone.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom