Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What do you do for work!

What do you do for work?

I find there are so many fascinating careers happening on here - and why not let us know? Sometimes it makes total sense.

There's also a lot of students, so, what're you studying?!

For example - I'm a digital project manager! Prototype development, website creation, application development, virtual reality experiences, etcetera.

Soooo, what about you?

I'm an elementary school teacher, which is more or less just spending several hours with a bunch of 3 to 5 year olds, hoping they will actually pick up the things you're trying to teach. Been doing it for almost six months now, so i've been spending a lot of time around the sandbox, the monkey bars and the jungle gym.

So far, i've been reading to them a lot (and asking questions about how those stories make them feel, as well as whether or not they think the character should have done things differently), teaching them how to build with blocks (and also teaching them how to count in the process, even though they don't realize that at all), playing games outside with chalk (and teaching them about colors) and getting parents to be less protective of what their children are exposed to while hoping they will be just as hands on when it comes to volunteering around the school (Which they are not, shocker).

But yeah, I am still studying on the side, seeing as the amount of things you need to keep track of as a teacher, especially one that has only been in the field for several months is immense. Luckily, I find the time to RP on the side and work out some of the frustrations of the day into my posts and creations.

Also [member="Loske Matson"]
Is that Avatar you use Doutzen Kroes by any chance? =P

Loske Matson said:
Yes, yes it is. :)
I figured as much, she grew up in my hometown back in the Netherlands called Oostermeer, or Eastermar as we call it in our northern language (No, Frisii is not a dialect). She's a couple of years older than I am, though we both played the same dutch sport called Korfball (you can google that if you want, it's pretty cool). Doutzen was in the same team my mother was in charge of, along with Doutzen's sister, Rens Kroes.

When I saw you using that Avatar, it brought back some memories :p

I work at a federal research laboratory. Primarily stuff for the USAF and FAA.

I see where all of the planes are going in the USA. Every. Day.

Also do some stuff with weather and atmospheric condition patterns and predictions.

Past that I'm not allowed to discuss work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom