Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What do you do for work!

I'm a military policeman for the U.S Army.

It has it's ups and downs. My unit was activated to assist local law enforcement with the riots following those in Ferguson, MO, and I'm also slated to deploy overseas in the near future. I was also brave (or stupid) enough to volunteer to get tased twice; I really don't recommend it. OC spray is no fun either. I do get a fair amount of time to play Clash Royale tho

Mandalore Al'x

[member="Thurion Heavenshield"]
Yeah, 3k minimum is probably how many there are during the smaller special events like the Halloween party. I've actually only worked that once. Super Bowl weekend used to be the best time to go but people are starting to learn that secret now, last I heard.

[member="Joza Perl"]
I haven't had one of those in forever. Disney is evilly smart with their concession food around the parks. They blow fans behind the food to spread the smell. If you work at those stands it will always linger on you. I think the "churros" possess your clothes the longest.

Joza Perl said:
But mostly I just stab myself with coverglass, break precariously placed thermometers and get startled by that one coworker who likes to hide in between the incubators.
Yep. That just about matches my experiences as a lab tech. Definitely love shattering some thermometers and trying to decide whether to play with the pool of mercury or actually clean it up.

I just finished my second year of law school. One more year to go!

This summer I'm clerking for the state Attorney General's office in the Child Services Appeals division--I actually start on Monday! I feel very passionately about child advocacy, but I definitely have other interests that I'll be able to explore during the fall semester.

This fall I'll be working as a mediator in my law school's mediation clinic as well as clerking for my university's general legal counsel. It'll be a busy semester, but I'm looking forward to it. :)

We'll see where I land after I graduate next year and (fingers crossed) pass the bar!

Vengeance said:
Lol would it surprise you at all to know at my job I am the guy who likes to startle my coworkers................ Yes I am evil in RL as well :p

I scared one so bad for six months afterwards any time she was in the hallways or common areas she would stop every few steps to look around to make sure I was not there.
Why am I completely unsurprised by this :p The poor girl and I are kindred spirits.

Mandalore Al'x said:
I haven't had one of those in forever. Disney is evilly smart with their concession food around the parks. They blow fans behind the food to spread the smell. If you work at those stands it will always linger on you. I think the "churros" possess your clothes the longest.
I know exactly where you're coming from...one summer our stocking area was just above the chicken tender place. It was stuffy, hot, and smelled like chicken upchuck...none of us went there for lunch during the entire season.

Asemir Lor'kora said:
Yep. That just about matches my experiences as a lab tech. Definitely love shattering some thermometers and trying to decide whether to play with the pool of mercury or actually clean it up.
For some ungodly reason they put me in charge of ordering lab supplies, so I always quietly order another thermometer before anyone can notice.

sabrina

[member="Connor Harrison"] I work for balfours, on the fco contract National Grid.
Have done some house building work, was not for me.
Did not like heavy lifting involved, or the damn joiners not putting wood behind the walls where my radiator was suppose to go.

[member="Jay Scott Clark"] and I work in the same field!

I'm a manager at a (very) large shoe company. Right now I run the Womens/Kids footwear department, where I had been working in as a full timer for the past several years while in school. Its not too shabby. I had thought of going into the medical field before my promotion about 3 months ago but now I am not so sure. Might go back and get a Masters in something Business/Project Management/HR related and continue to work for the company as it has some awesome perks.

Rusty

Purveyor of Fine Weaponry
By day, I'm a stay at home dad. I also spend a few months a year blowing crap up for the Army with rockets, and have for the last decade. One weekend a month and two weeks in the summer my ass.

Just got back from AT this morning. Wyoming sucks. Here's a video one of my buddies made about the experience.

http://youtu.be/-9iim0o_xTI

Haven't seen any musicians here yet!

I'm a composer/conductor major.

tumblr_m5b78gVnTY1qkcj3fo1_500.gif

I haven't been hired yet though. I'm majoring in romantic composition, as well as conducting. For me there is nothing quite like conducting a 100+ orchestra as Mozart's 40th symphony (G minor) is performed. So far I've only conducted for middle school and high school orchestras, hopefully I will start interning with professional conductors soon so I can get the chance to conduct in the setting I've always dreamed of.

As for composing, I switched from a concert piano major to composition major, to a then double major in composing and conducting. I love piano but it was so daunting, I had to play music I didn't like, and all the time for people I didn't like. I mean, be warned if you ever consider it! It is so hard. Physically as well, I had to be everywhere and not to mention the piano concertos I had to learn every week.

Oh and I also minor in astronomy!

I know right, however the universe is so cool. I would like to specialize in studying the milky way and the patterns of specific solar systems.

Ruby Wilded

R
So many people have cool jobs here.

I'm a shipper. Literally just a grunt who moves or stacks boxes onto a trailer. Folks need their chips I guess and they pay me well enough to live comfortably for a single person.

I'd love a cool job like some of you guys. My aspiration is to get into Millwrighting. Kind of the family trade. But the economy here in Canada is appalling since the oil price crashed. I'm thinking of moving back across Canada and getting into it. Maybe next year. If things get better I'll just stay out west. It's a wait and see game. Also need more money.

I just finished my second year in my three-year-program studying English Language and Literature the University College of South-East Norway. I intend to further research Norwegian-English code-switching among urban youths and the role of the English language in Norwegian culture. My end-goal is to to reach some kind of teaching position, but I do not yet know how high I intend to climb.

Beside my studies, I volunteer as a bartender at the local student pub and help coordinating foreign exchange students. Which is sort of like unpaid work.

For the summer, I will be serving beer and cooking fast-food at a caravan park in Bø, Telemark.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom