Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What do you do for work!

High school student for me. Currently working on setting up an online shop for my photography (examples included in a spoiler below). Also working on writing a book and recording music for a mini album. If you can't tell, I really, really love artsy things.

Note: These are unfinished products. Further editing/cropping/whatnot will very likely be done.
i68b_394_ueo04.jpg

i68b_202_ueo04.jpg

i68b_4e5_ueo04.jpg

i68b_297_ueo04.jpg

Marzena Vaas

M
[member="Kaileann Vera"] *HR High Five!*

I used to work on the benefits team for a company that manages power plants! Now I'm a stay at home mom :)

Mandalore Al'x

I'm an "editor" for a "sports site" and I'm under a "million" different "NDAs" both written and "verbal" with "quotes" "included" (this is how they're written, I'm serious).

I also work 60 hours a week, 10 hours a day (my work weeks are six days... sometimes it's seven) but people mostly leave me alone and I get to see new stuff before it's official by the league/team. I'm also doing what I went to school for (creative writing) and earn a livable wage with benefits. I can't complain too much... but you all got some dope ass jobs. Freaking flight research? Government policy analyst? Most people I know are burn outs or just lazy (liberal) art majors so it's amazing to me, I guess... lol

OR Materials Coordinator.

I requisition from the various medical supply companies everything that is used during Surgery. Then when it arrives I make sure it is available to the Surgical Team before each Surgery.

More specifically Orthopedic and Ophthalmology Surgery.

I work at one of the largest non-commercial HMOs in the US as a HEDIS program manager.

No, I don't know what that means either.

But it involves a lot of combing through data, putting out fires, fixing messes, and explaining to VPs what numbers mean.

"No sir, we can't fix your rates now. The measurement year ended on 12/31/2015. It's now May 2016. Yes, I understand you're two compliant members away from an $100,000 bonus. No, reaching out to members now won't help. Why? Because I don't have a time machine to travel back in time."

Sigh. Real conversation. Except maybe the last sentence. But I was thinking it.

When I'm not writing here on the work computer, I'm actually a Bid Coordinator for a construction company in the UK.

Basically I'm the one who seeks opportunities and contracts, gets our companies foot in the door and "sell" who we are and what we do to their required specifications and write bids for submission.

If I am successful, we move to Tender for the project which is another department.

My biggest project win that went from expression of interest to completion was for ÂŁ10m.

However I once had an interview at MI5 for a job, which was amazing.

I didn't get the job.

If I had, I would have only been allowed to say "I'm a Civil Servant".

I am currenly employed at a zoo/amusement park for the summer season. :)

It's my second year there, so I'm a bit of a veteran by now. I'm also the oldest one in my team, including my supervisors. :p

My job includes greeting small children and their parents as they climb aboard, make sure they're strapped in, and run the ride itself. It's immensely gratifying. ^_^

Progflaw99

I recently got out of the military after 5 years, now I work at the local county I live in, in the... you guessed it! IT Department. Currently I work on the Service Desk, but I've worked with switches, routers, Networks, Telecom equipment, Fiber optics, Radios, Data Links, the list goes on. I've got a very wide range of tech experience.

Pretty boring now though, all I do is answer phones all day.

I'm a cytogenetic technologist. I analyze chromosomes of sick people to help diagnose and stage cancer, mostly hematologic disorders and occasionally soft tissue cancers. That's the bulk of my work, but I also look at the chromosomes of people who may have a congenital disorder (Down Syndrome, DiGeorge Syndrome, etc.) as well as people who are having fertility issues to see if there's anything funky going on in their DNA that is preventing conception.

But mostly I just stab myself with coverglass, break precariously placed thermometers and get startled by that one coworker who likes to hide in between the incubators.

Also [member="Mandalore Al'x"] and [member="Thurion Heavenshield"], I spent 5 summers working at an amusement park so I feel your pain! It was awesome though. I can still smell the deep fried oreos...

Joza Perl said:
and get startled by that one coworker who likes to hide in between the incubators.
Lol would it surprise you at all to know at my job I am the guy who likes to startle my coworkers................ Yes I am evil in RL as well :p

I scared one so bad for six months afterwards any time she was in the hallways or common areas she would stop every few steps to look around to make sure I was not there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom