Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Starship Whãnau | Zak Dymo's J-2 Jedi Interceptor

Status
Not open for further replies.
wpYBouI.png

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Intent: Update Zak Dymo's personal mode of transportation
  • Image Source: Arcadeous Phoenix
  • Canon Link: N/A
  • Permissions:
    • Santhe Corporation permission here.
    • J-2 Light Interceptor permission here.
  • Primary Source: J-2 Light Interceptor
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
STANDARD FEATURES
ADVANCED SYSTEMS
STRENGTHS
  • In Space No One Can Hear You Rock. Exclusive Corellia Digital sound system includes subwoofer and immersive 2.1 holo-theater surround sound.
  • Hawk-Bat Out of Hell. This ship is insanely fast.
  • Intel Inside. The addition of a Corellia Digital Autonomous Analytical Difference Engine removes the requirement for a separate astromech droid.
  • Submersible. Mon Calamari inspired engine design allows this starfighter to operate inside aquatic environments.
WEAKNESSES
  • Short Range. No refresher and no autochef guarantees that frequent pit-stops will be required.
  • Small and Fragile. This starfighter is designed for combat against other craft of similar size and armament. Direct turbolaser strikes will overwhelm its defenses.
  • Limited Onboard Memory. The starfighter's main computer can only hold a maximum of 5 hyperspace coordinates.
  • Atmospheric-to-Interstellar Transition Delay. The dual-drive engines automatically handle power distribution between the hyperdrive, ion drive, and repulsorlift generators in order to maximize performance depending on flight profile (atmospheric or interstellar). Because of this, the hyperdrive is disabled while the ship is flying on repulsorship (inside planetary gravity). When the repulsorlift is disabled, there is a delay before the hyperdrive comes on-line.
DESCRIPTION
The Jedi starfighter fielded by Zak Dymo was a modified J-2 light interceptor. Made by the Santhe Corporation and modified by the Jedi for the Nautolan's use, the starfighter was named for an Anselmi phrase that referenced an extended family. With an integrated droid brain, the starfighter operated with dedicated onboard memory and computer power rather than relying on a separate astromech droid for those functions. This gave the starfighter its own unique personality. The inclusion of a hyperdrive also allowed the starfighter to navigate hyperspace independently, without the use of a separate hyperdrive ring.

As the pilot was aquatic, the stock engine and propulsion system were changed out for a Mon Calamari after-market design, which utilized dual-drive propulsion management system to automate power regulation for optimal atmospheric and interstellar flight operations. The modified interior design featured acoustic design heavily. A subwoofer and multiple audio speakers were incorporated into the after-market refit in order to provide an immersive audio experience for the occupant of the starfighter.

Last edited:
John Locke John Locke

Ready for judge.

Summary of Changes
  • Updated to current Factory format.
  • Affiliation adjusted to reflect current Zak Dymo account. The history was also narratively changed to tweak references to how the previous version of Zak is different from the current reboot of that character.
  • This was originally submitted when the hyperdrive was weighted as part of the sheet. Even though it no longer is, I've left the submission underpowered to offset the hyperdrive rating being below 1.0. If this needs to be further elaborated in the Strengths and Weaknesses, just let me know.

HPI AI; Terraris Command
Factory Judge
Sor-Jan Xantha Sor-Jan Xantha

Cool sub, but I found several problems:
  • First is the Santhe Corporation's permission. This is not the same account who got the permission, so I can't accept it, because the OP does not name you as a user, but the permission is for that character which does not exist anymore. So please change the Manufacturer, or ask for a new permission.
  • The following links are broken, please edit or replace them:
    • Ion Cannons
    • Flex-Tube Torpedo Launchers
    • Autonomous Analytical Difference Engine
    • CD-GPS Directional Transponder
  • And about the "Locke & Key Navi" it leads to the company list and not for any Navigation system. So please edit it.

MANIAC MANIAC

I disagree regarding the permission. It's explicit that they felt the permission was unnecessary in the first place and the conversation ended with a blanket use that seems clear that it is referring to me as a writer and not a particular character. Nor was this ever submitted for that character or in that name. If this is not acceptable, then my proposal would be to use the Wookieepedia article for Santhe Corporation as an alternative, but doesn't that go against the fact that this is a modification of a Factory submission (e.g. it should use the same manufacturer as the submission it is modifying)?

The Locke and Key Navi link works fine for me. My guess is that you clicked on Locke & Key, which goes to their company listing, rather than Navi, which is the submission (i.e. that line contained two different links). I've removed the company name from there to make that clearer for you.

The Difference Engine and the CD-GPS Directional Transponder were the old Chaos links. They've been updated to the current board link style.

The Flex-Tube torpedo launcher link worked fine for me, but I've pasted the link in there again. Let me know if that doesn't fix it.

Rather than struggle to sort out the old links for the other two, I've just replaced them with the Wookieepedia articles for them.

HPI AI; Terraris Command
Factory Judge
Sor-Jan Xantha Sor-Jan Xantha

Thank you for the edits! And I'm sorry, I disagree with the "they felt the permission was unnecessary in the first place" part. You cannot use other players' characters or companies as a Manufacturer without their permission. John helped me, and he said your former account and this one are merged. So I accept it, and you don't need to change the Manufacturer. And if I can make a suggestion, next time if you use a similar permission, this post, the quote is belongs to 3X744, but it leads to your current account and it is a good proof/evidence to that, 3X744 was also your chararter, to avoid the future misunderstandings.

Re-approved.

If this is not acceptable, then my proposal would be to use the Wookieepedia article for Santhe Corporation as an alternative, but doesn't that go against the fact that this is a modification of a Factory submission (e.g. it should use the same manufacturer as the submission it is modifying)?

MANIAC MANIAC John Locke John Locke

The link for the Chaos version of the Santhe Corporation has been restored now that the Factory Judge has addressed this in the post above.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom