Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Welcome Wagon [SJO]

When it raines, it pours.
[member="Arekk"]

Samara really wished she had tasted the iced tea poured before heading off into the gardens. The refreshment needed some sweetener, well at least in her opinion; the young Vorzydian developing a sweet tooth as of late while spending time out in the real world.

"I was so sadden when I heard of Voss' demise, not to mention the loss of life during the conflicts." Sam nodded solemnly, both hands gripping the moist sides of the sweating glass of her cold drink in the jungle heat. "Someday when time and conditions allow, I hope to go back and visit the memorial."

The apprentice healer felt guilt over not being there, aiding those of both her peers and civilians affected. Perhaps Samara would have made a difference, or maybe she would be among many who had given their lives in the name of the Light and what it stood for. The Force had guided her to seek teachings outside the Order to increase her medical knowledge, and hopefully it would be more beneficial in the end to not only herself but the Jedi as a whole.

There was a sense of discomfort rolling off the war veteran in the Force so the padawan decided to change the subject.

"Have you had a chance to explore more than the temple grounds here? I have only heard stories of the wilds of this Wookiee planet."

Arekk

The Flesh Of Fallen Angels
"I'm sure there will be time, Samara."

The temple on Voss had its period of grandure but it was finally time to put things to rest, just like he did a decade later. His first steps were taken in that temple with his former master, Rasu. Memories of youngling days, trying to learn the ropes of how to become a fully-fledged Jedi. A goal that looked hard to reach for a kid who grew up in the slums of Coruscant, who knew nothing about the Force.

Yet, here he is. Holding a backpack full of dreams and continuing to develop as a peacekeeper, trying to reach for something greater than this. The fellow person next to him had the same dream, he could feel it through the Force itself as it vibrated within her mind and body.

Mentioning ancient memories seemed like a very good topic for Ar'ekk to reminisce on the good and bad things, guess skipping such unpleasantries and changing the topic of this friendly chat was a good call. He appreciated it.

"Just briefly. This garden is peaceful enough for me, clears your mind. Someplace else gets too crowded and loud."

Taking a moment to ponder, the young Jedi looked at Samara for a second.

"Yourself?"

[member="Samara Raine"]

Marl’s instinct was to take cover and blast the droid who was walking over, it took all of his will not to do it. Marl sighed, he knew it would be before long that he would meet another battle droid.

“Well, well, well. Was expecting to see one of you eventually.” Marl said. “So, droid, what battles did you participate in? Do you remember?” Marl said... if the droid had killed any of his men. Marl would guarantee the droid would be decommissioned, permanently. Unlike the battle droid, Marl was human, sure they were both pawns in a war, but droids never made emotional connections with the men they fought with. Marl began calming himself down. It’s not the droids fault it was programmed to take orders, not create them. He wasn’t sure how he would react, the more he thought about it.

He looked over to Zavii. “I hope so, I’ve been meaning to get a shiny new blaster.” He said with a slight smile.

[member="OOM-7795 (Oomy)"] [member="Zavii"] [member="Tyluko Dubykee"]

Kiran Arlos

K
"Intriguing..." Kiran said just above a whisper before he raised the glass to his lips and took a small drink. While he hoped for something similar in this place like it was on Ilum, however he couldn't deny that it was rather nice. While he was pondering his choices for the day and to be quite honest, thinking about things that were far beyond his control when a voice broke his thoughts.

The young man glanced to the side and there was a woman who had spoke to him. Kiran showed a small smile and shook his head slightly. "Of course not. I would actually enjoy the company as I'm quite new here." Kiran held his hand out to her as he bowed his head slightly.

"I'm Kiran Arlos, what is your name?"

[member="Epistor"]

"I am Epistor," she replied with a shinning smile. "It is a pleasure."

The young woman hesitated a little as she spoke, unsure what this motion was. She finally settled with clasping his hand between hers and bowing her head back as well.

"There seems to be quite a lot of new arrivals," she continued. "I seem to have come in good company."

~ [member="Kiran Arlos"] ~

When it raines, it pours.
[member="Arekk"]

Samara took another sip of iced tea, then shook her golden head in response to the war vet's question.

"No... Just the gardens as well. They are indeed peaceful. I would though like to explore when time allows. I tend to have a curious nature and enjoy the outdoors. Being cooped up in the infirmary and/or the library all the time can be a bit of a bore. I would like to put my book knowledge to use in real world settings."

The young padawan swirled an ice cube around in the glass for a moment in thought.

"You see I have not seen much time on the front lines as of yet. Not that I am saying it is a desirable thing, I'm not that naive. Just that I haven't is all."

Tide Bringer (Protector of Mon Cala)
Tyluko was in awe. "A Clone trooper? Did he just say Clone trooper??" Tyluko looked at the man. Could this man really be a clone? If he was indeed one of the very clone troopers that his droid fought in the so called "Clone Wars" that would make this man well over 800 years old. Which shouldn't be that unusual to him considering that he himself was technically well over 2000 years old. Tyluko realized that he and this clone had a lot in common; they were both lost in time, the last of their respective people.

Tyluko watched as his droid continued to converse with the clone. Tyluko could sense that the Clone was very suspicious of his droid comrade and he could also feel that the clone was feeling a little bit of anger towards his old enemy.

Tyluko approached the pair cautiously, his voice full of concern. "Please, we don't want any trouble. Please don't be angry with him."

[member="Zavii"] [member="Marl"]

As Oomy conversed with the clone, his master came up to them. He was clearly worried that a fight would ensue between the clone and himself. Oomy looked to his master and put a metal hand upon his shoulder.

"It is ok master, I am no longer a Separatist droid. I am no longer this mans enemy. It is time for this droid to right the wrongs of past programming."

He turned back to the clone. "I fought in many battles throughout the war; I served on Geonosis, Christophsis, Teth, Ryloth, Kamino, and Mon Cala. Mon Cala was my last official combat engagement with the CIS, I was tasked with guarding my master here who at the time was just some random organic in a stasis pod. I was ordered to bring him to the planet Karkaris but our transport was shot down by a Jedi Crusier, sinking our ship deep within the waters of Mon Cala. I eventually went offline, but this being rescued me and reactivated me. He gave me upgrades and helped me to make my own allegiances."

Oomy looked at his master and then back at the clone. "I know you must be angry with me, and you are justified in your organic emotions. I recognize the horrors that the clones had to under go during the war. You have feelings, which is something I can not comprehend well since I am only a droid. I know that you have felt loss and for that I apologize. However I no longer serve the CIS, I owe my life to my master and the order that he serves."

Oomy fell silent, and just stared at the clone. The clone probably wasn't expecting to hear this from what just looked like a simple B1 unit.
[member="Zavii"] [member="Marl"]

Marl was dumbfounded by what the droid had said. Marl looked at the battledroid, something he had seen a thousand times. But instead of feeling anger or hatred he felt... relief.

“You know what? Your ok for a clanker.” Marl said with a smile, “Maybe I won’t be using you as target practice after all.” Marl joked.

[member="OOM-7795 (Oomy)"][member="Tyluko Dubykee"] [member="Zavii"]

Tide Bringer (Protector of Mon Cala)
As the clone said that, Tyluko let out a slight sigh of relief. Maybe it was silly for him to worry about such things. Tyluko smiled at both the young Zabrak girl and the Clone before giving a bow of courtesy. "Thank you for giving my companion a chance, he has been a loyal friend ever since I was awoken from stasis. I am Tyluko Dubykee and this is Oomy which is short for OOM-7795. What are your names?"

[member='Marl'] [member='Zavii']

Zavii sat by, ready to diffuse any hostility between the two veterans, but as the exchange unfolded it became apparent that neither was interested in settling any old scores. Relieved by this, the young woman reached her hand out to the alien, [member="Tyluko Dubykee"], as he called himself, and gave him her usual friendly smile. "Nice to meet you, Tyluko, you can call me Zavii. I'm a Padawan, and probably the longest-standing one in the whole Order right now. This here's Marl, who's definitely the oldest soldier around here- at least that I know of."

@Marl@OOM-7795 (Oomy)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom