Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Welcome Wagon [SJO]

Marl had been deep in thought reading the reports when suddenly a voice yelled out to him. ”Excuse me, if you’re here to look busy, that’s not allowed! You’re new here, which means work and duty can wait. Come! Help yourself!” Marl looked at her slightly confused. Pleasantries before work? That’s a custom he’s not used to. But not wanting to offend the senior member he put away his datapad. Marl walked over to introduce himself and grab some food.

“Sorry Ma’am, I didn’t mean to offend. How you guys run things is different from where I’m from.” He chuckled slightly. He extended his hand out for a handshake, “I’m CC-4938, but my friends call me Marl.”

Stephanie Swail

Look what they've done to my dream
[member="Marl"] had a plate of food when he came beside Stephanie, mouth full of dumpling. How embarrassing. She made some noise of ackowledgement, wiped her hand again and took the soldier's in s ahake. Due to her previous training, she had up-most respect for soldiers.

”Mm! Sorry,” she swallowed and shook, ”I think I'll stick to Marl. Thank you, and welcome to Kashyyyk, the Silver Rest and the Order. May I ask where you came from? Are you here to join the Rangers? If so I know just the man you need to see today.”

Stephanie turned her head to [member="Epistor"] with the dumplings. As she moved, her eyes fell to the dress, the knees and the plate on her thigh. She squinted a little and caught her eye.

”It's beautiful. But, what is that, on your leg?”

Another keen warrior? Soldier? Trained to fight and survive? It would be interesting to find out.

Pash Tafo

P
Pash didn't wait for the woman's explanation of the pastry to try it, popping it into his mouth as she revealed the tasty treat's origins. He listened attentively though, his head nodding his approval of the Loukoumades, his mouth still full of the sweet snack.

The Matukai warrior turned to see the jedi woman who was reclining in the hammock approach, after having coaxed others to gather, her interest too became piqued by the Loukoumades. Pash stepped back so she too could sample them. The two women began to converse, giving him the chance to also admire the garments of the Loukoumades-baker. The younger of the two bore armor and overlaying garments that were finely crafted and almost elegant. In comparison, the dark-haired Jedi's ivory robes were the simpler garb Pash imagined typical of the Jedi. Not that her presence was no less admirable. He was impressed by their carriage, both lovely with a kind demeanor and a tempered confidence.

All attention turned to the Grandmaster as she introduced herself and welcomed those who gathered. When Valae was finished, Pash began to introduce himself to the women nearby, when the man with the datapad approached, speaking to the dark-haired Jedi. The man was the only other attendee that didn't seem to be a Jedi, or one in training, dressed more like Pash himself. The stranger carried himself very much like a soldier. Allowing the two to converse, Pash turned back to the woman from Sargus Novis (he had overheard) and continued to introduce himself.

"I'm Pash." He offered, with a nod of his head, unsure of the standard greeting used among the Order. "I am new here," he laughed lightly, "very new!" His boyish smile persisted as he snatched another Loukoumade and a glass of a deep red beverage.

Valae Kitra - Draven Dursden - Stephanie Swail -Epistor - Sky'ito Yumi - Ashla Marlar - Marl - [member="Audren Sykes"[/FONT][/SIZE][/U][FONT=arial][SIZE=12px]] -[/FONT][/SIZE][U][FONT=arial][SIZE=12px] [member="Zavii"]

Unconsciously, the young Sargus Novian ran her hand gingerly over the face of the discus. It always raised her mood to speak of it, for it brought so many good memories. The disk, weighing about two kilometers of tan clay, wood, and metal bits, was nearing the age of five standard years, but it was so well cared for that not many would be able to detect the fine evidence of constant use.

"It is my discus," she told [member="Stephanie Swail"]. "Throwing them is something of a sport where I come from."

Epistor smiled at [member="Pash Tafo"]'s introduction. A new friend? Time would tell soon enough, the athlete supposed. In the meantime, her own introduction was due--she wished not to remain a mysterious presence here.

"I am Epistor," she said, "and I recently arrived myself. Very pleased to make your acquaintance, good Sir Pash." She made a small, flowing hand gesture towards the man. "I feel as if I should know the name, but, alas, I do not."

~ [member="Pash Tafo"] ~

"Epistor" = A - piece - tore

Losing is tempoary, giving up is permanent.
([member="Draven Dursden"] sorry for the confusion yes I am talking to you)

Sukai gave a slight bow, customary of her race as the new man greeted her, "It is nice to meet you as well, my name is Sukai'ito Yumi... most people just call my Sky though". She looked down at the small mug she had in her hands, some simple tea that she liked to partake in, its soothing flavour and sensation being most enjoyable when around others, "Oh this, it is nice, I can make you a cup if it pleases you". Ture, she was being a bit over polite, but that was just how she acted when meeting new people, as well as just general cultural costumes that she was used to her whole life, give or take some... unique instances.

The man’s next and short ramble kind of felt a little out of the blue, but she could understand, when one though back on painful memories emotions start to take hold a bit more then common sense. "Ah, well I am sorry for you and your child hood.... I almost lost an eye when a Sith tried to kill me and my father when I was 12... not similar and I cannot say my life was worse than yours... though quite harsh, training wise anyways".

She took another small sip from her mug, turning to her left slightly and returning a smile to @Stephanie Swail as she passed, before looking back to her current converser. "May I ask you name if it is not too much"?

[member="Zavii"] l [member="Ashla Marlar"] l [member="Epistor"] l [member="Audren Sykes"] l [member="Valae Kitra"]

Zavii said:
"Oh cool!" Zavii stood up with the girl and matched her pace toward the others assembled around the table. It seemed to her that an inordinate amount of the Jedi here were overly fond of solitude, but perhaps she had just had bad luck with the ones she kept meeting. Nevertheless, she was determined to make lasting bonds with those around her. After all, the way she saw it they were a family, and it paid to know well the people who might one day save your life, or depend on you to save theirs.

She was glad that the Human had decided to join the others, though. As much as she wanted to strike up a conversation and be friendly, she had spent most of the morning running through the forests around the Temple grounds, and her stomach was beginning to complain. "That sounds interesting... Like an unarmed Ataru offshoot. I'd definitely like to practice the techniques with you, if you want a partner. I'm Zavii by the way. What's your name?
"Um...sure" She didn't sound too sure. "I'm Ashla." She reached the group by now and stood there on the outside, listening.

"Ashla" the Zabraki girl repeated, "That's pretty. I like it."

She stopped when Ashla did, close to the others but not quite in the circle. "Good morning, Grand Master," she grinned and gave the woman a friendly little wave, then glanced at the table. "What do you think I should try first?"

[member="Valae Kitra"] [member="Ashla Marlar"]

Lord Combattere

L
The boy walks into the courtyard clearly beat up and dirty he walks to the nearest wall and sits down with his head down in shame and no worthfulness he sits there still saddened broken he sits there tired and wanting to sleep not knowing what to do he sits there against the wall.

[member="Valae Kitra"]

[member="Marl"]

Zavii said:
"Ashla" the Zabraki girl repeated, "That's pretty. I like it."

She stopped when Ashla did, close to the others but not quite in the circle. "Good morning, Grand Master," she grinned and gave the woman a friendly little wave, then glanced at the table. "What do you think I should try first?"

[member="Valae Kitra"] [member="Ashla Marlar"]
Ashla smiled slightly at the comment, then watched the others talk.

Marl was slightly embarrassed by the woman, but he hadn’t been around for a few months so he didn’t take it personally, “Oh I’ve been with the Silver Order for some time now, unfortunately I was injured during the Invasion of Serenno, I decided to travel the galaxy during my leave. I am Lieutenant Marl of the Antarian Rangers, is how I should’ve introduced myself. As for where I come from, I come from the Clone Wars Era. I was previously Commander Marl of the 107th Siege Battalion. I don’t know how deep your knowledge of Clone Wars era knowledge goes but I was bred on Kamino to fight in the war. I was one of the first Commanders to be bred, I even fought on Geonosis,” Marl said reminiscing the hard fought battle.

“I had served for 2 years when a shuttle I was on was intercepted by separatist forces. We were outnumbered and as the others on board were being slaughtered, I was stunned and captured. I had woken up briefly on my way to what I could only figure to be science outpost. I woke up right before they froze me in carbonite in what I believe was a move to ensure I would not escape. I then woke up in a space station thousands of light years away, learning that the Clone Wars had been over for hundreds of years. The hardest part of being in this time was learning how it ended. The true reason of why we were bred.” Marl said his fist clenching. He realized where he was so he calmed himself down.

“I swore loyalty to the Jedi during the Clone Wars, and unlike my brethren who were deceived into thinking that the Jedi were traitors, I will honor that oath, and that is why I came to the Silver Jedi.” Marl said proudly.

[member="Stephanie Swail"]

“Nice to meet you both,” She said to [member="Epistor"] and [member="Pash Tafo"], offering a smile to each. Valae lifted one of the dumplings and took a bite, it was lovely and it tasted even better. “Mmm, these are delicious!” She marveled, wondering if she could ever attempt to make something like this. But she settled on the fact that her attempt would likely end in failure. Oh well, there was always the hope that the young woman would bring these to future events!

Turning slightly, she had spotted [member="Marl"] make his way over. She gave a nod to the Antarian Ranger, if she recalled correctly, he had been on Ord Radama as well. It was good to see him again.

Suddenly, there was another presence nearby – one that seemed quite sad.

The Grandmaster’s eyes shifted to find [member="Lord Combattere"], and she lifted a plate of cookies. Sweets always helped her feel better. Walking over to the young man, she held out the tray. “Can I interest you in a snack? They’re very good.”

She smiled, hoping to lighten the mood.

Lord Combattere

L
The boy looked up with a deep despair in his eyes he reached out and grabbed a single cookie " Are you a Jedi " he started to eat the cookie as he stands up.

" I'm not sure what to do I was on a mission with my master before he was killed " with a strong feeling that this lady would be able to help him with what to do next as he has very little amounts of experience and wasn't sure what to do.

" I'm a padawan I've only been one for a week or so and I'm not sure what to do my master's name was Mast Kifo "

[member="Valae Kitra"] |

Pash Tafo

P
A smile broadened across Pash's face as [member="Epistor"] offered an elegant introduction. He bowed slightly in return. "The pleasure is mine, Miss Epistor." Pash answered, still not sure the proper addresses of the Jedi Order. "Though you may wish to withhold calling me good until you get to know me." He coughed a laugh. "And it is perfectly expected that you wouldn't know my name, I have only been here a couple days. I am still finding my place, I am not Jedi." Pash felt compelled to add.

Though he was an Adept of the Matukai path of the Force, which equated to the rank of Knight among the Jedi, Pash was a mere learner among the Silver Jedi. He assumed no rank as he discovered how his gifts and talents would benefit the Order.

"May I ask how long you have been with the Order, and what path you are following?" Pash knew enough to understand that many Jedi perform various roles, or specialize in certain functions. He was anxious to learn, and would take advantage of the charming Sargus Novian while he held her attention.

-[member="Epistor"]-

Zavii listened to Marl's story raptly. At first with her head cocked left in confusion at his mention of the Clone Wars but by the end she just stared in astonishment, her violet eyes as wide as teacups. The man before her was literally a living piece of ancient history! She would definitely have to talk to him, to know what the old Jedi Order looked like to an eye-witness.

She almost didn't notice the Grandmaster step away to go talk to a younger boy, because she caught a snatch of speech from another Human, definitely older than herself and somewhat oddly dressed. She heard him mention that he was no Jedi, which was interesting, but he seemed engaged in conversation with another woman, so the young Zabrak decided not to bother him. Instead, she took a glass of honey-wine from the table and stepped up to the old soldier.

"Marl, right? I'm Zavii," she held her free hand out to shake with the Human, met his eyes with a reverent smile and spoke softly and earnestly; "I've spent most of my life here, but i always wondered what people without a strong connection to the Force thought of Jedi. An outsider's look, i guess. I don't suppose you'd be willing to share any war stories?"

[member="Marl"]

Marl looked at the young Zabrak padawan, “Pleasure to meet you Ms. Zavii.” Marl said with a warm smile.
“The Jedi,” Marl said with an almost envious sigh, “the time I’m from, the Jedi were a symbol of hope and peace. The Jedi in whole were passionate warriors, to say the least. When a Jedi trains, for example, it’s not just swinging a lightsaber around, it’s an art form, no different than a painter brushing on a blank canvas.” Marl said reminiscing the times he had watched the Jedi Master he was with train with her Padawan.
“The Jedi I’ve met with were always wise beend their years, capable of giving advice to whatever ails you. However these Jedi I speak of are ancient compared to modern Jedi. One major difference is how Jedi now and days are allowed to have relationships, in the time of the Grand Republic, you would be thrown out of the Jedi Order for that. As for war stories, I have numerous. Battle of Geonosis, the Battle of Jedha, the First Battle of Kashyyyk. Any of those you want to hear?” Marl said smiling. Marl was never too social but for some reason when talking about the olden days, Marl became a chatterbox. It was when Marl was the happiest after all.

[member="Zavii"]

Zavii's smile widened and her eyes lit up at the clone's account of the ancient Jedi of the Old Republic. She nodded when he mentioned that the old Jedi had forbidden romance and said "Yes, according to the Skywalker legend it was Love that ended up creating Darth Vader, and Love that made him redeem himself in the end. I'm glad for the change, personally. I mean, I'm not in any kind of relationship or anything, but I think that the option is nice."

When [member="Marl"] listed off the battles that he'd seen, Zavii took a sip of the honey wine and then touched a finger to her chin thoughtfully. "Well the Clone War officially kicked off at Geonosis, right? What was that like?"

“Geonosis,” Marl said grimly. “My whole life led up to that moment. My training, my education, everything. The thing is, kid...” Marl paused briefly reminiscing.
“Nothing could’ve prepared us for the horror of Geonosis. When I was ordered to brief my battalion I was to reassure them it was gonna just be like the simulations. I was young then, ignorant even. That was the last time I ever fed my men misinformation from the top brass. But what had I known, I was no more experienced than a private on the battlefield. Anyways we were deployed along with General Yoda, our goal was simple save the Jedi, secure the arena, stop Dooku and the Separatist leaders from escaping. We were fortunately able to get a general layout from a Jedi who was able to secure a transmition to Yoda. So it was up to Me, Lieutenant Frenken, Captain Alish, and Lieutenant Zarzuela to come up with a plan to efficiently and effectively secure the arena on a layout that was verbally described to us. The odds were not on our side.The plan was for Alish and Frenken to accompany General Yoda to backup the Jedi on the arena floor while Zarzuela and I took to the stands and try to cut off the separatist leaders from evacuating. Unfortunately we had a pretty good idea of what the outside of the arena looked like, but had no clue what the inside looked like. We ended up losing two whole platoons of soldiers inside of the arena. I had even watched Zarzuela get dragged into a hole in the wall by one of the bugs. No training simulator could have prepared you for this. Never saw Zarzuela again after that.” He said sadly. He always thought of Zarzuela every now and again, they were after all from the same batch. He literally grew up with him.
“After we secured the inside of the arena, we took to the ground where we met our Jedi General, Azha Heganle, for the first time and she led us to battle. I had never felt such an adrenaline high as I did during that time with her, Frenken and Alish. I felt unstoppable. At the end the Separatists retreated and we had won the day.” Marl said with a little fire in his eyes remembering the memory of the Republic’s first victory.

“Even though we had a grand Victory, I sometimes still have nightmares of the arena hallways.” Marl said sighing and slightly embarrassed.

“Anyways enough about this old clone, tell me about yourself, Ms. Zavii.” Marl said smiling.

[member="Zavii"]

The young Zabrak kept her violet eyes fixed on the dark-skinned Human's face and tried to imagine everything he described. By the end of his tale, Zavii's relaxed posture had been erased as she stood ramrod straight with eyes slightly widened. "Wow," she whispered, then took a sip from her drink as [member="Marl"] asked about her.

"Please, just Zavii. It's actually a nickname and before you ask; no. Classified." She beamed a friendly grin as she gathered her thoughts. "Let's see... I was like seven when my parents recognized my powers... well actually my teacher recognized them when I threw another kid across the room. His face was priceless, by the way," she laughed at the memory, which was one of her first and most vivid. "Anyway, my folks decided that they'd rather give me to a group on their own terms so they got in contact with the Silver Jedi and off I went to Voss, and there I stayed until we all moved here. That's about it really. I like to train my fighting skills and I'm basically addicted to music. I'll probably have to pick up an instrument whenever I get a chance, but I don't have a Master yet so there's no telling when that'll be." She shrugged at the soldier and smiled again. "Sorry, my life isn't all that interesting yet."

Marl listened as the padawan spoke. Her bright violet hair was very intriguing to Marl. Of course Marl knew little of fashion but he saw no tactical advantages to having purple hair, but what does he know? He continued inspecting the padawan as he listened. Her backstory intrigued Marl, maybe his times and her times weren’t as different as he had previously thought. But what she said about music really intrigued him, not too many music lovers in this time.

“Music is a very under-appreciated talent in this galaxy. I had a sergeant in the later days of my battalion who would play the flute. Began learning it in his later years on Kamino when he overheard a Jedi play it. He gave it to the clone and taught him how to play after that, when he was in his quarters all he’d do was play. Earned the nickname ‘Piper’. In between campaigns he’d play for us.” Marl said.

“If you ever learn, I would love to hear you play sometime, Zavii.” He said smiling, it’s been far too long since he’s had heard live music.

[member="Zavii"]

When the Clone started talking about music and his old friend who played, Zavii perked up and her smile grew even wider with excitement, quickly followed by a bashful downward tilt of her head. "In that case... let me show you something. C'mere," she took [member="Marl"] by the hand and strode over to a bench in the courtyard. Pulling out her holocomm, the Zabrak sat, patted the bench next to her and began flicking through the menu as she spoke. "Now I don't talk about this too much because I'm not a bragger, but I still get messages from my parents every now and then through the holonet. This is one of my favorite recordings of them."

With that, she opened a file and an eclectically dressed Zabraki couple popped into view. They were sitting on stools next to each other and smiling brightly; the man cradling a guitar and the woman with a violin. "Now this last one," the man's voice started, "we wrote for someone we both love with all our hearts; yes all four of them." The sounds of a crowd's worth of chuckling cut in before he continued. "She's been off adventuring for a while now but we hope to see her again someday soon." "We love you, Sophii," the woman chimed in and blew a kiss at the camera as they both took up their instruments.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vk6W80zsFSs

As the crowd cheered and faded, Zavii shut off the hologram and looked up at Marl with an uncontrollable smile as she wiped the tears from her face. "So yeah, that's part of the reason I like music and want to play it so badly," she said, her voice cracking slightly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom